PDA

View Full Version : Four Years Ago Today- Peterborough Away

Mictor Voses
10-11-2016, 07:52 PM
One Nil Down in the 81st minute, 2-1 up by the 83rd minute, standing on the terraces for probably the last time, Holloway's first away game in charge, the biggest away attendance of the whole season getting to witness the result that sent us top of the league, Zaha looking unstoppable, KG pegging it 90 yards to get on the end of a through ball....... Probably my best away day of all time. (Started going to the Palace in 1993).

Jim Cannon
10-11-2016, 07:59 PM
It was a great day indeed

Shipp Ahoy!
10-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Was actually thre for that one, top day out :p

gcwhite
10-11-2016, 08:15 PM
All the Posh fans of my acquaintance were raving about Wilf's performance.

Story goes that Fergie junior was straight on the phone to his dad after the game telling him to sign our star player.

BERT'S HEAD
10-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Was indeed a great day out. I do miss going to clubs like Peterborough.

Sp1Eagle
10-11-2016, 08:20 PM
:lux::lux:

bmBjxD1vufs

N Herts Eagle
10-11-2016, 08:25 PM
My first game back following my heart bypass absolutely loved the day, our fans were brilliant, the team played with skill and a panache that had me so excited for the future.
One of the games that is in my top ten games of all time, for what it meant to me and my family my son was beside me, it marked the end of the tough battle of the recovery not just physically but the mental issues the confidence it gave me was immense.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
10-11-2016, 08:49 PM
I remember my first game at Peterborough, it may have been during the Alan Smith champions year, a 1-1 midweek draw.

We thought it was going to be a little jolly just past London like Watford but it took ******* ages to get there

Golf Boy
10-11-2016, 08:54 PM
It was my sons first game. What an atmosphere standing behind the goal.

old git
10-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I remember my first game at Peterborough, it may have been during the Alan Smith champions year, a 1-1 midweek draw.

We thought it was going to be a little jolly just past London like Watford but it took ******* ages to get there

My first game there was around 1978/9 which was 1-1 I think.chaos in the ground with Palace in their end and in the streets after.I was also at the one you attended and the traffic was shit that day.

BERT'S HEAD
10-11-2016, 08:59 PM
:lux::lux:

bmBjxD1vufs

We don't get away days like that any more for all the money of the Prem :frown:

EmmerGreenEagle
10-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Be careful,apparently you aren't allowed to say you miss the Championship on the BBS

Crofty
10-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Great support!

Bipe
11-11-2016, 06:17 AM
We'd also beaten Leicester away around the same time...both local games to me so I went with my then 11 year old daughter. We were sat on the front row adjacent to the edge of the penalty area at Peterborough and got on the telly highlights, which she was delighted about. Was a fantastic day out and I came back home foaming at the mouth about Zaha's performance. There was one run in the second half when he cut into the box from the left and beat the Post full back about four times before firing in a shot which the keeper parried away, would have been a great goal.

Great memories of Peter Ramage rousing the fans at the final whistle. What a player.

I have to say I preferred that day to the 1-0 home defeat to WBA on the opening day of this season!

stevek
11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Peterborough went down that season with probably the highest points tally ever. In both games against us they were ahead at 80 mins and they lost them both. They must hate us.

Latvian Eagle
11-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Indeed Steve the last game of the season when we played them we almost totally ****ed our promotion push.

Thanet Eagle
11-11-2016, 04:02 PM

I was at this game, think Simon Rodger scored for us.

FourtyTwo
11-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Peterborough went down that season with probably the highest points tally ever. In both games against us they were ahead at 80 mins and they lost them both. They must hate us.

I thought they stayed up despite the loss on the final day?

Selhurst Celtic
11-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Cheap trains up, cheap tickets, pre match pints on a boat (I think?)

A final fling on a proper terrace. When the second & winning goal went in I shoved all of my lot in the back and flopped backwards onto them so I could witness the sprawling mass of terrace celebrations behind me for the last time.

Joeymaz
11-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Great day

Braders
11-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Great day out and fantastic support :love::love:....Fcuking love this football club.:lux::lux:

Eagle's Away
11-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Great fun to stand on terraces again with the old crash bars. Seem to remember Andre Moritz coming on as a sub, scoring and being greeted with the classic "Get Moritz out for the lads".
But the loos behind the stand could only take about 6 people and it was mayhem at half time. Desperate to get in the loo after beers before the game and just getting nowhere and more and more anxious. I finally made it in and was however highly amused by one wag (and remember his comment to this day); "it's like being in a Brighton nightclub".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20190094

thereichstuff
11-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Brilliant day out , scenes after the second goal !

Granada allover
11-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Have played this video so many times - and I wasn't even there.

meee
11-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Have played this video so many times - and I wasn't even there.

Same.Was listening on the radio and the commentators were going mad about Zaha."He's run 70 yards!" I thought they were exaggerating until I saw the goal!

Chocky
11-11-2016, 06:24 PM

I went to that, drove up on my own. What was I thinking?

Tom's Old Man
11-11-2016, 06:25 PM
So true.

Chocky
11-11-2016, 06:26 PM
I was also there for that bastard Mullery defeat when we wore a Man U kit and pissed away a first leg win and lost on penalties. Another midweek fun trip to that shithole.

Blind_Eagle
13-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Great day

Great day, shit journey home back to Dorset as I had a puncture and my bloody spare was flat!

That video just shows just how far we've evolved as fans in four years.

Backwards.

I could cry.:sob:

Jono14
13-11-2016, 12:28 AM
What a ******* atmosphere that was.

Crystal Palace we're gonna win the league

Les Butler
13-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Feck even I was there that day ...At the beginning I thought typical Palace to feck it up right at the end...Then

Worksop Palace
13-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Was that a Jan or Feb game ? They equalized late on ?

I remember I took my then girlfriend. I picked her up and she got in the car and I remember looking at her thinking 'you're gonna freeze your ninnies off'. She just had a denim jacket and jeans on and it was proper Baltic. Got to the game and I opened the boot, pulled on my fleece, berghaus coat, ski hat and gloves. She laughed and said what a twat i looked. That was the last time she laughed that night. Took her until we got home to thaw out. The relationship ended soon after

Selhurst Celtic
13-11-2016, 03:18 PM
That was the last time she laughed that night.

I bet it wasn't.

Oli28
13-11-2016, 03:22 PM
You won't get them in the championship either, I don't think there's a club with a terrace in that league any more.

Worksop Palace
13-11-2016, 04:08 PM
I bet it wasn't.

You're right

I think she giggled when they equalized in the last minute. Now that was the last time she laughed. Ever. Until she saw my tomato sausage

stevek
14-11-2016, 12:34 PM
I thought they stayed up despite the loss on the final day?

No - relegated on 54 points. What you might be getting confused with is that as it turned out we'd have finished in the same position even if we had lost.

Dom the Eagle
14-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Great away day. The first point in the season where I felt promotion was a real possibility.

Golf Boy
14-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Great fun to stand on terraces again with the old crash bars. Seem to remember Andre Moritz coming on as a sub, scoring and being greeted with the classic "Get Moritz out for the lads".
But the loos behind the stand could only take about 6 people and it was mayhem at half time. Desperate to get in the loo after beers before the game and just getting nowhere and more and more anxious. I finally made it in and was however highly amused by one wag (and remember his comment to this day); "it's like being in a Brighton nightclub".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20190094

People were pissing in the sink.