PDA

View Full Version : Travel Information Southern Rail strike called for 13th/14th December Man United game 14th December

Pages : [1] 2

hdeagle
28-11-2016, 08:25 PM
A planned rail strike by Southern Region has been called for the 13th and 14th December.

The Man United home match is being played on the 14th of December which will greatly impact on the size of the crowd as many fans rely on the trains to get to Selhurst Park.

Major problems if the Rail strike goes ahead.

JOHN1509
28-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Great !!!! wife just booked three tickets to see The Lion King in London on the 13th , £249 down the drain :veryangry, Getting f@cked of with these rail workers :veryangry

sunshine lucas
28-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Is this ASLEF or RMT?

Nothing on Southern website yet...:grrr:
Edit : I see it's ASLEF...
Feeling pretty cut off down here now...

JOHN1509
28-11-2016, 09:03 PM
ASLEF

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38129978

Stavros 69
28-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Great !!!! wife just booked three tickets to see The Lion King in London on the 13th , £249 down the drain :veryangry, Getting f@cked of with these rail workers :veryangry

Sorry dude
In4cvWZ7KXQ

JOHN1509
28-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Going to ring the Lion King ticket booking office tomorrow , to see how i stand on refunds regarding train strikes :wallbash:

macstar
28-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Thameslink will still run, and probably Gatwick Express

Ade 70
28-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Going to ring the Lion King ticket booking office tomorrow , to see how i stand on refunds regarding train strikes :wallbash:

Bus to Croydon, tram to Wimbledon, pick up the tube from there?

Or are tubes affected too?

Not ideal but possible :p

LSEagle
28-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Bus to Croydon, tram to Wimbledon, pick up the tube from there?

Or are tubes affected too?

Not ideal but possible :p

Or just SW Trains from Wimbledon. Could also go to Beckenham and pick up Southeastern

keltic eagle
28-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Is this about the ******* lion king or palace v utd.

Just asking like :confused:

dav434
28-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Trams and buses still run. An inconvenience but shouldn't be a problem for the game.

keltic eagle
28-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Trams and buses still run. An inconvenience but shouldn't be a problem for the game.

How's it not going to cause problems for the game? Not everyone lives in selhurst /Norwood.

Soultime
28-11-2016, 11:18 PM
How's it not going to cause problems for the game? Not everyone lives in selhurst /Norwood.

^ ^ ^ This.

elgin eagle
28-11-2016, 11:33 PM

I've hired us a tandem from Euston. If Steve k can do it, so can we :)

Pierre
28-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Someone ought to tell Mourinho so they leave the hotel in plenty of time for the match! also make sure there are plenty of water bottles around the dugouts.

Mr Statto
28-11-2016, 11:43 PM
I've already told my daughter that we probably won't be going to the game - there may be Thameslink trains, but that's only good from Gatwick to East Croydon. I've still got to get to Gatwick and EC to Norwood / Selhurst. Don't really fancy driving up either

Mr Palace
29-11-2016, 12:02 AM
What are they striking about now? Sooner we bring in the robots the better.

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 12:09 AM

Please do I would love to take early retirement . Everyday is a nightmare recently .

orp pisshead1
29-11-2016, 05:02 AM

Go by bus it's a pain I know but worth it:p.

orp pisshead1
29-11-2016, 05:04 AM

I'd say a majority don't .

orp pisshead1
29-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Sorry dude
In4cvWZ7KXQ

Harsh but :D.

HRP
29-11-2016, 05:10 AM
I've already told my daughter that we probably won't be going to the game - there may be Thameslink trains, but that's only good from Gatwick to East Croydon. I've still got to get to Gatwick and EC to Norwood / Selhurst. Don't really fancy driving up either

There will be trains running on the southern network , always is when a strike is on .

Tomo
29-11-2016, 05:59 AM
There will be trains running on the southern network , always is when a strike is on .

It's going to be incredibly limited and a ******* nightmare.

Trains for evening games are busy enough. If I was taking a young child wild with me and could only get there by train I'd consider not going.

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 07:03 AM

There hasn't been a strike by Drivers on Southern for over 20 yrs , You must have a good memory :D 20 yrs ago there was also about 300k less passenger journeys a day .

redandblue
29-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Seems that there will be little or no service, also seems that everyone except the unions and its members think that driver only operated trains are safe.

Up until now, Southern had managed to run about 60% of its trains on RMT strike days. Still incredibly annoying for customers but they could normally find a way of getting to work.
Now that just under 1,000 Aslef drivers are joining the fray, albeit on different days, it's hard to see how Southern will be able to run any kind of functioning train service when they walk out.

They're also stopping overtime, which is often vital to running the trains every day.
This dispute has become the defining battle for one of the most contentious issues on our railways, the increasing introduction of what's known as "driver-only-operation" or DOO, where the driver, rather than the guard, takes control of closing the doors.
The unions say it's a safety risk and an excuse to cut jobs in the long run, all to save money. The rail firms and the government argue that it's about modernising the railways, freeing up on-board staff to deal with customers. They also point out that the safety regulator, the ORR, says it's safe and that DOO is already commonplace on many lines.
What happens on Southern is likely to determine what happens on other rail franchises in the future.

Tomo
29-11-2016, 07:27 AM
There hasn't been a strike by Drivers on Southern for over 20 yrs , You must have a good memory :D 20 yrs ago there was also about 300k less passenger journeys a day .

He's not wrong though is he?

He never mentioned driver strikes?

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 07:33 AM
He's not wrong though is he?

He never mentioned driver strikes?

This thread and date in the Title refer to the Drivers strike not the guard's .

dav434
29-11-2016, 07:58 AM

Trains to east Croydon or Wimbledon are still running on thameslink, gatwick express etc. From there tram/bus.

andyocpfc
29-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Where are people getting the info that there is a strike on this day. When I go onto Southern there is northing mentioned on this date from what I can see?

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/strike/

Axie
29-11-2016, 09:31 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38129978

andyocpfc
29-11-2016, 09:56 AM
So will it be limit service or no service at all?

Oddjob
29-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Southeastern have driver only on doors - why is southern different ?

ForzaPalace
29-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Because they are the scum of the earth

bill_man
29-11-2016, 10:34 AM

So do Thameslink and Gatwick Express but apparently southern guards and drivers are so concerned about the safety of their passengers that they've been striking and calling in sick for months. It most definitely isnít because them and the unions will have considerably less power and influence when the driver only trains come in though, nothing to do with that at all.

Southern are also a shambles by the way. Bring on the robots.

Oddjob
29-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Bit longwinded but if this goes ahead route I'd take is CST or LBG to New Beckenham, short walk to Beck Junc and get tram to Harrington Road.............least it will be comfortable.

dowieslovechild
29-11-2016, 10:40 AM

The service and lack of passengers often makes it a much decent ride in. When I worked in town I found that these strikes had very little impact on my journey and there were always trains running.

keltic eagle
29-11-2016, 11:38 AM
I've hired us a tandem from Euston. If Steve k can do it, so can we :)

I spat my tea out you mad **** :supergrin:

mushroom
29-11-2016, 11:57 AM
So do Thameslink and Gatwick Express but apparently southern guards and drivers are so concerned about the safety of their passengers that they've been striking and calling in sick for months. It most definitely isnít because them and the unions will have considerably less power and influence when the driver only trains come in though, nothing to do with that at all.

Southern are also a shambles by the way. Bring on the robots.

If it's not about safety, why are drivers striking.. they are guaranteed a job, they have also been offered a £1000 bonus not to strike. If this strike goes ahead, it will cost me (and my family) over 2k... If we "win", we gain nothing... we just keep our second member of safety trained staff on board. I won't get my 2k back, my working conditions won't improve, I won't be working less hours... but I will have a safer railway.

Latvian Eagle
29-11-2016, 12:37 PM
The service and lack of passengers often makes it a much decent ride in. When I worked in town I found that these strikes had very little impact on my journey and there were always trains running.

There won't be any trains without drivers.

HRP
29-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Obviously CPFC will be making contingency plans for this , I would imagine they will be organising some sort of charter train from Victoria going direct to Norwood junction or Selhurst and one after the game as well. The advance notice of the strike will have aided them in this. Can't for one imagine CPFC having nothing in place to help out its customers

dav434
29-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Obviously CPFC will be making contingency plans for this , I would imagine they will be organising some sort of charter train from Victoria going direct to Norwood junction or Selhurst and one after the game as well. The advance notice of the strike will have aided them in this. Can't for one imagine CPFC having nothing in place to help out its customers

Hmm... :rolleyes:

macstar
29-11-2016, 05:03 PM

not trains on rural lines they dont

Mr Mojo Risin
29-11-2016, 05:06 PM

Is it possible for them to do that? Or will we all be going on Jeremy Hosking's steam train?

ForzaPalace
29-11-2016, 05:08 PM

I very much doubt this.

Ardent Eagle Forever
29-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Why, you don't need SR to get up to town.

Ardent Eagle Forever
29-11-2016, 05:30 PM

I see you're from New Addington. Tram to Wimbledon, South West trains if they are not on strike to Waterloo, walk across Waterloo bridge to Theatre land.

If SW on strike, tram to Wimbledon district line into London.

Tram to Croydon, 264 to tooting, Northern Line to Theatre land.

Simples.

Or you can Uber it.:p

HRP
29-11-2016, 05:31 PM
I very much doubt this.

You can bet that Virgin trains would try and run charters from Manchester Piccadilly direct to Selhurst for the Mancs.

Our club will do **** all even though Selhurst train depot is on its doorstep

Ardent Eagle Forever
29-11-2016, 05:32 PM

A charter train driven by a striking driver perhaps???

HRP
29-11-2016, 05:36 PM

Maybe a charter train driving by a non striking qualified train driver Palace fan?

keltic eagle
29-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Maybe a charter train driving by a non striking qualified train driver Palace fan?

I'd like to think no palace fans are scabs.

Plus a charter would cost a fortune.

macstar
29-11-2016, 05:43 PM

could be done but would be EXTREMELY expensive.

pauldrulez
29-11-2016, 05:44 PM

Not always.

Recent strikes have mainly been the Guards, not the Drivers.

It will be hell if it goes ahead on that day, and there's not a hope in hell of shuttle trains or extra buses.

HRP
29-11-2016, 06:09 PM

The game is on Sky , Sky have pumped millions into the club

Soultime
29-11-2016, 06:20 PM
This is going to be dire with no Southern trains running. Does anyone reckon they'll put extra coaches and ASOs on Gatwick Expresses at Selhurst and Thameslink services at Norwood junction. Don't hold your breath!

bradpitt
29-11-2016, 06:58 PM
I think I'll drive to this one....

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 07:33 PM

Who is going to drive the train ?

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Not always.

Recent strikes have mainly been the Guards, not the Drivers.

It will be hell if it goes ahead on that day, and there's not a hope in hell of shuttle trains or extra buses.

If a few managers drive trains it will only be rush hour time .

Latvian Eagle
29-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Who is going to drive the train ?

Apparently one of us.

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 07:35 PM

If the strike is cancelled I will miss the game 😳

Bizarro
29-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Any chance the old Charlton bus that used to pick up from Worthing is free that day. I haven't seen it for a while.

racehorse-80s
29-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Any chance the old Charlton bus that used to pick up from Worthing is free that day. I haven't seen it for a while.

The doors and wheels fell off .

Brumie Allan
29-11-2016, 08:29 PM
I think I'll drive to this one....Can you take a train with you and help 2000 other people get there.

keltic eagle
29-11-2016, 11:03 PM
If the strike is cancelled I will miss the game 😳

If the strikes on then I miss it :hmph:. Need to get up to euston straight after for the sleeper. Even if they ran a scab train I wouldn't catch it out of principle.

Elgin's got this crazy idea that we will cycle from euston and back :wallbash:

elgin eagle
29-11-2016, 11:06 PM
It's a good idea you fat feck.

Anyway it's all downhill going back to euston :D

Oli28
29-11-2016, 11:10 PM
If the strikes on then I miss it :hmph:. Need to get up to euston straight after for the sleeper. Even if they ran a scab train I wouldn't catch it out of principle.

Similar situation for me. Need to be on the 23:00 out of Euston, which would have been tight at the best of times.

elgin eagle
29-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Similar situation for me. Need to be on the 23:00 out of Euston, which would have been tight at the best of times.

It's 9.2 miles as the crow flies. 11pm would be too tight even if the trains run, no?

davech
29-11-2016, 11:16 PM

Drive/314 bus to Hayes then southeastern to Charing Cross? Takes a bit longer though (40-45 mins)

Ardent Eagle Forever
30-11-2016, 07:42 AM
The game is on Sky , Sky have pumped millions into the club

It's not. It's on BT Sport I believe. Checked last night.

foresthillbilly
30-11-2016, 07:56 AM

bring the troops in. A few baton rounds to the groin should sort things out

foresthillbilly
30-11-2016, 07:59 AM
It's not. It's on BT Sport I believe. Checked last night.

a half-full stadium won't look good on TV, still the SKY money pishes all over the income from actual fans, who seem to not be a priority in today's football

Latvian Eagle
30-11-2016, 08:02 AM
a half-full stadium won't look good on TV, still the SKY money pishes all over the income from actual fans, who seem to not be a priority in today's football

Half full. You seem to be assuming many others won't make the effort to get to the game other ways other than by rail. :rolleyes:

racehorse-80s
30-11-2016, 09:11 AM
SWT Train to Wimbledon than the Tram to West Croydon followed by LOROL to Norwood Jct or simply walk from West Croydon depending on the Weather .

Oli28
30-11-2016, 11:22 AM
It's 9.2 miles as the crow flies. 11pm would be too tight even if the trains run, no?
I often get the 6pm after 3pm kick offs, just got to be quick at FT

sherstonpalace
01-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Anyone able to hazard a guess at the likely driving time between Wimbledon and SE25 in rush hour on a strike day?

elgin eagle
01-12-2016, 06:34 PM
I often get the 6pm after 3pm kick offs, just got to be quick at FT

Yeah we got the 6pm from Kings x after man city going to Norwood jn after the match. Normally get the 1830 from euston from Thornton heath but it's rammed already from selhurst nowadays. Christ knows what it'll be like round selhurst if the strike goes ahead that day.

LN1
01-12-2016, 07:22 PM

Sleeper still 2350?

Can be done as Overground Norwood Junction (2209) to Highbury and Islington (2253) then two stops south to Euston on the Victoria Line.

Dorking .Eagle
01-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Anyone able to hazard a guess at the likely driving time between Wimbledon and SE25 in rush hour on a strike day?

Possible to get trams from Wimbledon to somewhere like Arena (or maybe a nearer stop to SP??)

7Ps
02-12-2016, 09:05 PM
Aside from Southern trying to stop the strike by getting the High Court to grant an injunction against ASLEF for infringing passengers' rights under EU law, the other thing to consider is that if the DfT deem it unsafe there possibly won't be any Thameslink services south of Blackfriars either. And, less likely, Gatwick Express services may be suspended. There are so many variables we probably won't know what's actually going on until the day of the game - no change there, then...

orp pisshead1
02-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah we got the 6pm from Kings x after man city going to Norwood jn after the match. Normally get the 1830 from euston from Thornton heath but it's rammed already from selhurst nowadays. Christ knows what it'll be like round selhurst if the strike goes ahead that day.

If 9+ miles can't the 3 of you share a cab?. You might have to miss last 5 but still do able ?.

Chunt
02-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Why not just get the 468 from the ground to west Norwood then the 69 all the way to Euston? Shouldn't take that long

elgin eagle
02-12-2016, 10:49 PM
If 9+ miles can't the 3 of you share a cab?. You might have to miss last 5 but still do able ?.

Yeah could do, and ln1's alternative is also tempting. Chris is working now though so I may stay at home and do an away instead.

SHIPEAGLE
02-12-2016, 11:51 PM
how about taxi from the ground a few minutes before the end to Brixton and then Victoria Line to Euston.
If you get away just before the rush should be quite easy

Latvian Eagle
03-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Aside from Southern trying to stop the strike by getting the High Court to grant an injunction against ASLEF for infringing passengers' rights under EU law, the other thing to consider is that if the DfT deem it unsafe there possibly won't be any Thameslink services south of Blackfriars either. And, less likely, Gatwick Express services may be suspended. There are so many variables we probably won't know what's actually going on until the day of the game - no change there, then...

Government backed franchise trying to halt a strike under EU law. The same Government supposedly trying to separate us from the EU. :rolleyes: Well I never... UK Government in mass hypocrisy!

orp pisshead1
03-12-2016, 12:47 AM
Yeah could do, and ln1's alternative is also tempting. Chris is working now though so I may stay at home and do an away instead.

Can't beat an away game for a laugh n top day out:p. Of course for you lads a home game is a day out itself.

7Ps
03-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Government backed franchise trying to halt a strike under EU law. The same Government supposedly trying to separate us from the EU. :rolleyes: Well I never... UK Government in mass hypocrisy!

There is so much going on with this, it makes my head spin. Not just from the TOCs and the DfT but the unions as well. And then I read a headline on the front page of someone's paper that the track is being relinquished by Network Rail. How did that end last time...

Oli28
04-12-2016, 12:24 PM
So what is actually happening? No trains at all between central London and Norwood? Or just a reduced service?

Latvian Eagle
04-12-2016, 12:27 PM
So what is actually happening? No trains at all between central London and Norwood? Or just a reduced service?

Strike days I imagine there will only be mainline services between London - Brighton being driven by CDMs and training school trainers.

Will be very little if any Metro.

HRP
04-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Did anyone see the warning in yesterday's matchday programme ?

Lombardo's hair
04-12-2016, 01:02 PM

You can get tram to Wimbledon and get tube into London

racehorse-80s
04-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Strike days I imagine there will only be mainline services between London - Brighton being driven by CDMs and training school trainers.

Will be very little if any Metro.

Rush hour times only as well .

7Ps
04-12-2016, 06:45 PM

Nobody knows, yet. It's all speculation.

Pointsforprizes
04-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Fantastic timing. All the man united fans living in London will be especially inconvenienced!

L'head Eagle
04-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Might have to give the game a miss, train for an evening game is the only way to get back with the boy in tow.

Latvian Eagle
04-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Tram to / from Wimbledon and SWTs to Leatherhead?

L'head Eagle
04-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Tram to / from Wimbledon and SWTs to Leatherhead?

Fine just me, but not so easy for a kid to walk to West Croydon, 45 min tram, then probably end up getting 11.58 from Wimbledon.

Latvian Eagle
04-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Fine just me, but not so easy for a kid to walk to West Croydon, 45 min tram, then probably end up getting 11.58 from Wimbledon.

I appreciate it might add a little expense but 468 bus from West Croydon to Whitehouse Lane?

Tram is usually 30 mins max too.

L'head Eagle
04-12-2016, 09:09 PM
I appreciate it might add a little expense but 468 bus from West Croydon to Whitehouse Lane?

Cheers at a Man U game it is usually quicker to walk to West Croydon. I'm desperate to go so will find a practical way somehow. Thanks for the info about the tram, got 45 minutes from Google. It would be nice if kick off was moved to 7.30 or 7.45, would make things easier to get home.

muswell eagle
04-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Am I right to assume that the Overground will be running?

Latvian Eagle
04-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Am I right to assume that the Overground will be running?

Yes different company.

Latvian Eagle
04-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Cheers at a Man U game it is usually quicker to walk to West Croydon. I'm desperate to go so will find a practical way somehow. Thanks for the info about the tram, got 45 minutes from Google. It would be nice if kick off was moved to 7.30 or 7.45, would make things easier to get home.

Those online things are terrible. There is allowing walking time then there is taking the piss. I looked at a journey once where I had to change at Waterloo/ Waterloo East and it said to allowed 25 minutes walking time. I could crawl on my hands and knees in about 3 minutes. :eek:

andyocpfc
04-12-2016, 09:31 PM
How far is this effecting? Will this affect trains back to Horsham too?

seaweedhater
04-12-2016, 09:41 PM
deffo

andyocpfc
04-12-2016, 09:42 PM
FFS.

(Thanks)

sherstonpalace
04-12-2016, 10:27 PM
How long does it take from elephant & castle to selhurst on the 468?

Smoz
04-12-2016, 10:43 PM

Black Horse Lane or Woodside Tramlink stops are a fair bit closer to Selhurst Park than West Croydon, both about a 25 minute walk from the ground, change trams at East Croydon or Sandilands.

BALDYEAGLE
04-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Get the London overground from West Croydon to Norwood Junction

andyocpfc
04-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Do we know if this is a total shut down of service throughout the whole night or just a few trains times that are effected as I need to get back to Horsham area? I.e. - can I get back to Gatwick at least and get a cab?

LN1
05-12-2016, 06:31 AM
Do we know if this is a total shut down of service throughout the whole night or just a few trains times that are effected as I need to get back to Horsham area? I.e. - can I get back to Gatwick at least and get a cab?

If there's nothing else, looks to be a Thameslink (not affected) 2251 from East Croydon calling at Three Bridges (and Gatwick) still running which would get you a bit nearer to Horsham.

Walk or Bus it to East Croydon or Overground (2212 or 2227) from Norwood Jn to West Croydon and tram or walk to East Croydon.

andyocpfc
05-12-2016, 11:22 AM
If there's nothing else, looks to be a Thameslink (not affected) 2251 from East Croydon calling at Three Bridges (and Gatwick) still running which would get you a bit nearer to Horsham.

Walk or Bus it to East Croydon or Overground (2212 or 2227) from Norwood Jn to West Croydon and tram or walk to East Croydon.

Thank you :). I actually need to go a few more stops further than Horsham but at least it I get there I''m within cab distance without costing the earth.

Woosie
05-12-2016, 06:13 PM

Hopper fare means that if you get the bus and then the tram it only charges you for one fare.

BECKS66
05-12-2016, 06:23 PM
45/50 minutes without any hold ups.

herts_palace
05-12-2016, 10:15 PM

How about catching the 22:09 to Canada Water from NJ, Jubilee to Green park, then the Victoria to Euston. 46 minutes according to LT Journey planner.

Might be tight if you want a pre train beer though!

HRP
08-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Expect an announcement from the club tomorrow now that the strike is going ahead

Ruskin Old Boy
08-12-2016, 05:36 PM

Timetable here:

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/468N068.htm

If no trains will use the 468 but could well be quicker to walk the last couple of stops (and yesterday there were delays around Beulah Hill thanks to a burst water main near the junction with Spa Hill).

7Ps
08-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Expect an announcement from the club tomorrow now that the strike is going ahead

Even that is uncertain as Southern have been given leave to appeal (to the Court of Appeal). And we still don't know if the DfT are going to allow Thameslink to operate south of Blackfriars. However there is an overtime ban in place already and it will be interesting to see how many trains are cancelled just because of that - there are rumours of 25-30% of evening peak trains out of London Bridge. And it's likely to be slightly different every day...

HRP
09-12-2016, 04:59 AM
Even that is uncertain as Southern have been given leave to appeal (to the Court of Appeal). And we still don't know if the DfT are going to allow Thameslink to operate south of Blackfriars. However there is an overtime ban in place already and it will be interesting to see how many trains are cancelled just because of that - there are rumours of 25-30% of evening peak trains out of London Bridge. And it's likely to be slightly different every day...

Many people are still unaware that they may not be able to get to the game , the venue people are trying to get to should put out a statement giving 'customers' enough time to make alternate plans and perhaps have to book holidays from work .

It's piss poor that a company with millions pounds of turnover can't put out a simple statement or work to find a solution . Even ******* Brighton have had talks with Southern rail about train cancellations .

The clubs media department are more concerned about showing goals from 1884, and showing us great 20 second clips of training.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 09:03 AM
As it stands, I've spent £144 for a pair of tickets against Man Utd and Swansea (through a bundle) and although I knew I was highly unlikely I would be able to make the Swansea game (due to family and work commitments) I knew I could make the Man Utd game so swallowed the extra cost. With the way it stands, It now looks increasingly likely I'm going to be unable to travel to (and back) to the Man Utd game (without vast cab costs) making the 4 tickets I have (for both games) as useful as a handbrake on a canoe! F--king wonderful!

EddieEdwards
09-12-2016, 12:11 PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Crystal Palace vs Manchester United (http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/important-notice-crystal-palace-vs-manchester-united-3459425.aspx)

The Southern railway network will be subject to strike action on Wednesday 14 December 2016.

Supporters attending the Crystal Palace v Manchester United match affected by this strike are urged to regularly check the status of their journey on www.southernrailway.com or www.tfl.gov.uk and find alternative routes to Selhurst Park.

Kick off is 8pm and advice from the club is to allow plenty of time for your journey and arrive as early as possible. Turnstiles will open at 6:30pm.

Scoot
09-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Should be cancelled but sky wont allow it

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 01:51 PM

That would suit me down to the ground TBH.

(I think it's on BT btw but your point still stands as fans will always come after tv viewers).

racehorse-80s
09-12-2016, 02:06 PM
That would suit me down to the ground TBH.

(I think it's on BT btw but your point still stands as fans will always come after tv viewers).

Strikes might be off by then.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Strikes might be off by then.

I'm fricking praying it is.

Chillo
09-12-2016, 02:25 PM

That's an idea; get Sky to put pressure on RMT/ASLEF to cancel their strike :p

Bazz Lightyear
09-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Strikes are very much on. Sack them all I say and the incompetent management of Southern. The Government could do with getting involved but I won't hold my breath

racehorse-80s
09-12-2016, 02:26 PM
That's an idea; get Sky to put pressure on RMT/ASLEF to cancel their strike :p

Free sky TV and corporate boxes at home games might just swing it .

macstar
09-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Strikes are very much on. Sack them all I say and the incompetent management of Southern. The Government could do with getting involved but I won't hold my breath

i suggest you read a few pages of this forum. This is virtually all the governments doing in the first place!

Sack all drivers and guards? 11 months on average to train a driver, so there will be no southern services for 11months at least. Not sure that is a wise idea!

lee_cpfc
09-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Plenty of tubes, trams, buses and thameslink running that day.
If you can be arsed then there is always a way.

AMP
09-12-2016, 02:43 PM

Thanks Lee , how do we get to the game from Eastbourne and Hastings by tube, trams,buses and thameslink ? More importantly how do we get home after the game.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 02:43 PM

If you're north of Selhurst perhaps. But nothing if you live down south.

macstar
09-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Thanks Lee , how do we get to the game from Eastbourne and Hastings by tube, trams,buses and thameslink ? More importantly how do we get home after the game.

Bus to brighton, thameslink to east croydon, bus from east croydon..

Hastings to London Bridge, Thameslink to East Croydon, Bus from east croydon.

After game........ bus to east croydon, Thameslink to brighton, find a £30 b&b or travelodge if you cant get back.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Bus to brighton, thameslink to east croydon, bus from east croydon..

Hastings to London Bridge, Thameslink to East Croydon, Bus from east croydon.

After game........ bus to east croydon, Thameslink to brighton, find a £30 b&b or travelodge if you cant get back.

Billingshurst/Pulborough area please?

(can't stay over as work at 8am next day)

macstar
09-12-2016, 03:05 PM

You are pretty stuffed from there i reckon! Cab from Billinghurst to/from Haywards Heath?, then Thameslink to East Croydon, bus to Selhurst Park.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 03:06 PM
You are pretty stuffed from there i reckon!

:frown:

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know if you can claim a refund/credit from the club if you can't make a game because of such circumstances? (the game is sold out, right?)

Chillo
09-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Sack all drivers and guards? 11 months on average to train a driver, so there will be no southern services for 11months at least. Not sure that is a wise idea!

Given the (lack of) service, who'd notice?! :eek:

Chillo
09-12-2016, 03:14 PM
You are pretty stuffed from there i reckon! Cab from Billinghurst to/from Haywards Heath?, then Thameslink to East Croydon, bus to Selhurst Park.

You're doing a great job; fancy a job on the information desk? :p

EddieEdwards
09-12-2016, 03:55 PM
(the game is sold out, right?)Not sold out - still some restricted view tickets available.

LN1
09-12-2016, 04:10 PM

Looks like you can get buses from Billinghurst to Gatwick (change at Horsham) to the match. Unfortunately the return service from Gatwick (Metrobus 200) although it operates throughout the night terminates at Crawley/Ifield so would have to be a taxi from there.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Looks like you can get buses from Billinghurst to Gatwick (change at Horsham) to the match. Unfortunately the return service from Gatwick (Metrobus 200) although it operates throughout the night terminates at Crawley/Ifield so would have to be a taxi from there.

Thanks for your effort in this and I'll certainly look into it although in theory I could get back to Three Bridges and then get the cab from there but I've checked and it's £50 cab cost alone without the train and bus tickets. Pretty expensive journey.

Can you send me a link to the timetables you've been looking at please?

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Not sold out - still some restricted view tickets available.

Means I've probably got no hope of getting money back then I suppose although I haven't spoken to the BO.

LN1
09-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks for your effort in this and I'll certainly look into it although in theory I could get back to Three Bridges and then get the cab from there but I've checked and it's £50 cab cost alone without the train and bus tickets. Pretty expensive journey.

Can you send me a link to the timetables you've been looking at please?

Metrobus journey planner

https://www.metrobus.co.uk/journey-planner/

Metrobus Gatwick-Crawley-Horsham timetable

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/2016/5/13/200-timetable-300515.pdf

Compass bus 100 timetable (also serves Pulborough and Burgess Hill)

http://www.compass-travel.co.uk/download/west-sussex-bus-services/100.pdf

Woosie
09-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Metrobus journey planner

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/2016/5/13/200-timetable-300515.pdf

The irony of having to use a bus run by Go-Ahead

7Ps
09-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Yes. Go-Ahead's bus interests are propping up the rail side at the moment.

andyocpfc
09-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Metrobus journey planner

Thank you squire. Very kind of you [emoji4]

7Ps
11-12-2016, 01:52 AM
Thameslink will be running as normal, notwithstanding their own driver issues. Only London Overground will be running at Norwood Junction, so Thameslink-Tramlink-LOROL will be doable.

marky1919
11-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Is this game even going to go ahead if only a handful of fans can get to the ground?

bradpitt
11-12-2016, 01:42 PM
I know it's not the clubs fault but you'd expect them to announce the strike on the website informing the fans at the very least, this is quite a big deal for people with such limited options to get to the ground.

Oli28
11-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Is this game even going to go ahead if only a handful of fans can get to the ground?
Yes. If it's was going to be called off it would have happened by now.

marky1919
11-12-2016, 01:45 PM
How are Utd fans even going to get to the game? Will be a terrible atmosphere.

eaglejez
11-12-2016, 01:46 PM

they will be coming from the same areas as the Palace fans

Latvian Eagle
11-12-2016, 01:46 PM

London Overground?

Ruskin Old Boy
11-12-2016, 01:47 PM

A fleet of limos from Surrey?

Nth Kent Eagle
11-12-2016, 01:48 PM

Depends where they live?:D

marky1919
11-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Indeed.

EddieEdwards
11-12-2016, 01:53 PM
I know it's not the clubs fault but you'd expect them to announce the strike on the website informing the fans at the very least, this is quite a big deal for people with such limited options to get to the ground.http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/important-notice-crystal-palace-vs-manchester-united-3459425.aspx

Ruskin Old Boy
11-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Depends where they live?:D

One journey back from a Palace match at Old Trafford (the one where Young got KG sent off) there was a group of them in the carriage talking about meeting up in the Wetherspoons in George Street the following day. They won't have far to go on Wednesday.:hmph:

bradpitt
11-12-2016, 01:56 PM
I take it all back :)

orp pisshead1
11-12-2016, 07:16 PM

Walk or bus like they do the :jerkit:'s

Santos-er
11-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Was looking at the wankers forum earlier, they don't appear to have clocked this. Ba ha ha :D

Mind you their tickets/travel section is essentially millions of non-Manchester based wankers begging for a ticket off those that can get them - for their "once in a lifetime" trip.

Penstone Eagle
12-12-2016, 09:41 AM

If I can get there from Sussex, then so can they.

Jim Cannon
12-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Surely Brighton will be laying on coaches?

Penstone Eagle
12-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Surely Brighton will be laying on coaches?

yes, it's included in the Season Ticket price at the Amex.

cpfc4evandeva
12-12-2016, 10:33 AM
So am I right in thinking that if the strike goes ahead, there will be virtually zero services from East Croydon to Norwood Junction or Selhurst?

I'll be finishing work at about 7 and getting the train from Gatwick. Thameslink means I'll be at East Croydon by 7:30 but then... I think I'll just leave it :hmph:

Latvian Eagle
12-12-2016, 10:34 AM
So am I right in thinking that if the strike goes ahead, there will be virtually zero services from East Croydon to Norwood Junction or Selhurst?

I'll be finishing work at about 7 and getting the train from Gatwick. Thameslink means I'll be at East Croydon by 7:30 but then... I think I'll just leave it :hmph:

Strike will mean Zero service to either NJ or Selhurst.

cpfc4evandeva
12-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks. Oh well, I'll give it a miss.

If it wasn't on TV, I'm sure it would just be postponed?

Nth Kent Eagle
12-12-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm envisaging serious traffic bottlenecks in places like around Woodside fire station.

Penstone Eagle
12-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Driving up from the coast early to get parked and a seat in Fast Eddies.

hdeagle
12-12-2016, 07:05 PM
The 3 day strike is going ahead after an appeal against it going ahead was refused today by the court of appeal.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/12/southern-train-drivers-strike-tuesday-court-of-appeal

Woosie
12-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Thanks. Oh well, I'll give it a miss.

If it wasn't on TV, I'm sure it would just be postponed?

You could still walk from East Croydon and make it to the ground for 8pm KO, could get a bus? Overground from West Croydon at 19:46 gets you to Norwood by 19:51, quick walk to the ground you could get in for 8.

cpfc4evandeva
12-12-2016, 08:43 PM
You could still walk from East Croydon and make it to the ground for 8pm KO, could get a bus? Overground from West Croydon at 19:46 gets you to Norwood by 19:51, quick walk to the ground you could get in for 8.

It's definitely do-able, but it's a bucketload of hassle when I have work the next morning.

Getting there is one thing, getting home is another.

Mr Mojo Risin
12-12-2016, 08:47 PM
I do worry with all of these suggestions that they will just be too busy and people will end up missing the game. Thousands of commuters all taking the same limited options, plus a few thousand more Palace fans, is going to be absolute chaos.

I did see London Overground are putting on more trains to Crystal Palace which is just about walkable. This journey might need some lateral thinking like that.

andyocpfc
12-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Which train companies will be operating that go through East Croydon?

macstar
12-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Which train companies will be operating that go through East Croydon?

Thameslink

Malaga Eagle
12-12-2016, 09:46 PM

Pushing it but tram from EC to Harrington Rd then 20 min walk

Brett
12-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Loads of people I know knocking this in the head.

Not sure there are going to many left supporting the guards and drivers amongst our fans come Thursday morning.

Oli28
12-12-2016, 10:12 PM
No trains, on tele, cold weather, team not playing well... I can imagine a lot of ST Hholders won't bother.

PoshPalace
12-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Working in Bromley on Wednesday and live near Woking, so I'll get a train to Beckenham Junction, tram to Harrington Rd and walk to the ground. After the game I'll probably walk to E. Croydon, jump on a tram to Wimbledon and get the slow train home. We'd better get a bloody result.

hdeagle
12-12-2016, 10:33 PM
I have no idea about how bad the return journey will be but I will be in my usual seat as always.

Robson
12-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Anyone ever walked from Selhurst Park to Clapham South tube?

keltic eagle
12-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Will game still go ahead? Must be a safety hazard surely roads wise

PoshPalace
13-12-2016, 12:03 AM
Anyone ever walked from Selhurst Park to Clapham South tube?

Tooting Bec is the easiest tube to walk to from Selhurst. Slightly less than 5 miles so about 80-90 mins if you get a decent march on.

orp pisshead1
13-12-2016, 12:05 AM

Hope not might mean the dangerously over crowded AW concourse will be ok for once:p.

elgin eagle
13-12-2016, 12:05 AM

Especially if you're cycling.

Chillo
13-12-2016, 12:09 AM
No trains, on tele, cold weather, team not playing well... I can imagine a lot of ST Hholders won't bother.

How will the away supporters get back to Guildford afterwards? :jerkit:

Robson
13-12-2016, 12:20 AM
Looks like walk to Harrington Road and a tram to Beckenham Junction, then on from there.

Keep the existence of HR station to yourself: the trams are only small (and not that frequent)! ;)

L'head Eagle
13-12-2016, 01:43 AM
Looks like walk to Harrington Road and a tram to Beckenham Junction, then on from there.

Keep the existence of HR station to yourself: the trams are only small (and not that frequent)! ;)

It's going to be a pain but HR if kept between us could now make Wednesday a possibility for me now. HR to E Croydon, E Croydon to Wimbledon, SW Train home. My boy is 11 but not enough time to get a junior oyster thing, can I get a junior ticket from a machine?

laggin
13-12-2016, 02:03 AM
Working in Bromley on Wednesday and live near Woking, so I'll get a train to Beckenham Junction, tram to Harrington Rd and walk to the ground. After the game I'll probably walk to E. Croydon, jump on a tram to Wimbledon and get the slow train home. We'd better get a bloody result.

coming up from soton, will have to change at woking for a Wimbledon train, then tram to west croy and overground to NJ. reverse journey home

Hedgehog
13-12-2016, 03:47 AM
Maybe Man United will be late for the kick off... they have form for it.

HRP
13-12-2016, 04:38 AM
I have no idea about how bad the return journey will be but I will be in my usual seat as always.

You are a real hero Andy, no doubt the people who can't make the game aren't real Palace fans anyway

Groinstrain
13-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Fcukin man up people; I didn't spend decades watching Palace in second tier football to pussy out of games like this because I might get home late/ or not! ...
So neither should any of you!!

cpfc4evandeva
13-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Fcukin man up people; I didn't spend decades watching Palace in second tier football to pussy out of games like this because I might get home late/ or not! ...
So neither should any of you!!

My guess is that if we didn't have a joker in charge, people might take it more seriously.

hdeagle
13-12-2016, 10:45 AM
I class myself as a loyal supporter and my name is not Andy by the way HRP.

I have only missed 10 home League, Cup or friendlies in 43 years and those were missed because of illness or being stranded in California for 5 months.

I am not a troll but a die-hard Palace fan for life.

hdeagle
13-12-2016, 03:39 PM
I have spoken to TFL and they are only running a half hourly overground service to Highbury via Norwood Junction up until 10.30pm and a train every 15 minutes after that leaving potentially thousands of fans and the public scrabbling to board the 6 trains that are running.

For this reason I have arranged a return lift to the Herts/Harlow area and have 2 spare places if anyone needs a lift home from Selhurst.

Please pm me if I can be of help.

Norwich_Eagle
13-12-2016, 03:53 PM
I am looking forward to leaving at 2pm tomorrow afternoon and driving down from Norwich for this...6 hours for a 2 and a half drive.

SgtStryker
13-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Under 11 travel free mate

SgtStryker
13-12-2016, 04:06 PM
It's going to be a pain but HR if kept between us could now make Wednesday a possibility for me now. HR to E Croydon, E Croydon to Wimbledon, SW Train home. My boy is 11 but not enough time to get a junior oyster thing, can I get a junior ticket from a machine?

Under 11's travel free mate

Groinstrain
13-12-2016, 04:09 PM
My guess is that if we didn't have a joker in charge, people might take it more seriously.

And we've had decades worth of top managers here have we?

GodstoneEagle
13-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Recommended route from Victoria tomorrow evening?

Latvian Eagle
13-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Recommended route from Victoria tomorrow evening?

Southeastern to Beckenham Jct, Tram to Arena or Croydon.

Nostrils
13-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but what's the likelihood the car park's going to be full this time?

cpfc4evandeva
13-12-2016, 06:03 PM
And we've had decades worth of top managers here have we?

Nope. Just saying that whilst the team are a bit of a joke, don't expect people to 'not care about getting home' so they can watch the garbage we're currently serving up.

Big Gav
13-12-2016, 06:05 PM
97.3% in answer to Nostrils question

Nostrils
13-12-2016, 06:18 PM
97.3% in answer to Nostrils question

I hoping for something a little more exact, but that'll do :). Not sure what time we're going to make it, so upon reflection, will park up the road.

Robson
13-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Southeastern to Beckenham Jct, Tram to Arena or Croydon.

Harrington Road is the nearest tram stop to Selhurst Park. Don't tell too many people though!

mether
13-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Harrington Road is the nearest tram stop to Selhurst Park. Don't tell too many people though!

It s not, Blackhorse Road is if you know the way through the estate built on the old brickworks.

Dorking .Eagle
13-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Wimbledon station just now, absolutely mental

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dorkingeagle123/wim2_zpsvo9xrbtn.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/dorkingeagle123/media/wim2_zpsvo9xrbtn.jpg.html)

Just do what you'd do if it was a home game on Boxing Day - come by car if possible and allow plenty of time

Brett
13-12-2016, 07:43 PM
On a Boxing Day, millions of people aren't trying to get to work by car. It's going to be chaos on the roads around Selhurst tomorrow.

cpfc4evandeva
13-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Boxing Day games are also in the middle of the day, and plenty of people don't have to rush home to get a decent night's sleep for work the next morning.

I reckon sub 20k tomorrow, which will mean about 6k ticket holders staying away.

Polak
13-12-2016, 08:51 PM
If you're walking to HR to get to East Croydon, you're better of just walking to East Croydon direct from the ground. Not much further and you get rid of another leg of your journey. :p

Oli28
13-12-2016, 08:55 PM
And are there trains from EC to Victoria?

civil eagle
13-12-2016, 08:57 PM
And are there trains from EC to Victoria?

No, where have you been hiding for the last month

civil eagle
13-12-2016, 09:00 PM
I've decided along with mates to walk from EC via a variety of hostelries

Ruskin Old Boy
13-12-2016, 09:15 PM
I've decided along with mates to walk from EC via a variety of hostelries

Used to live at East Croydon and we always walked to and from Selhurst Park.

Probably not so many boozers now but enough to make breaking the journey worthwhile.

greasley69
13-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Take me 4hrs plus in travel time,so what,sticking it on them MANCS is well wore the effort COUP

L'head Eagle
13-12-2016, 09:19 PM
If you're walking to HR to get to East Croydon, you're better of just walking to East Croydon direct from the ground. Not much further and you get rid of another leg of your journey. :p

I had been focused on getting home, but that could be the easy bit. Wimbledon getting into Croydon during rush hour is going to be crazy if tonight is anything to go by.

Polak
13-12-2016, 09:22 PM
I had been focused on getting home, but that could be the easy bit. Wimbledon getting into Croydon during rush hour is going to be crazy if tonight is anything to go by.
Good luck!!

New LP
13-12-2016, 10:04 PM
There will be busses between Croydon and South Norwood and Thornton Heath and cabs at East Croydon.

Gazza2
13-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Tram to Harrington Road (number 2 terminating Beckenham Junction) from East Croydon takes about 15 minutes.
It is a 20 minute walk to ground from Harrington Rd tram stop. So a stop off en route in Albert Tavern and Shelverdine Goathouse is recommended.

Oli28
13-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Best route from Central London? Journey planner is saying train to penge then overground

TonyPulis4PM
13-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Best route from Central London? Journey planner is saying train to penge then overground

Jubilee to Canada Water, Overground to Norwood Junction.

Oli28
13-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Jubilee to Canada Water, Overground to Norwood Junction.
Cheers

laggin
14-12-2016, 02:24 AM
So a stop off en route in Albert Tavern and Shelverdine Goathouse is recommended.

you love it :love:

may actually go albert post match before tram from HR as I have it on good authority ob are closing NJ after game due to predicted bottleneck so no overground either!

laggin
14-12-2016, 02:26 AM

from Victoria you could get a south eastern to penge east or kent house which isn't too far away or go onto Beckenham jn for a tram. or from waterloo/London bridge get off at clock house and tram from Beckenham rd

New LP
14-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Overground has got to be the best option from Central London surely?

elgin eagle
14-12-2016, 06:22 AM
Good luck to all travelling tonight. Couldn't risk missing the sleeper home unfortunately. Going to have to be a poxy armchair fan for this one. Got my football fix at Hull. Sounds like everyone will be a little fitter after tonight anyway :)

nicobos
14-12-2016, 06:25 AM
What are the chances of the overground being far too busy for anyone to get on ?! :wallbash:

Has anyone taken this route south from central London during the strikes during rush hour and can comment on whether it's a realistic option. 20k fans and 500k commuters on the ginger line might just break it...

racehorse-80s
14-12-2016, 07:57 AM
you love it :love:

may actually go albert post match before tram from HR as I have it on good authority ob are closing NJ after game due to predicted bottleneck so no overground either!

There will undoubtedly be a queuing system in place which will mean some may not manage to get connections in time :frown:

andyocpfc
14-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Have decided with a mate to take the day off holiday from work and make a day of it by making a slow but gradual way upto Selhurst via busses, Thameslink and walking. On way home will be walking, Thameslink and cab. Not the cheapest day as will stop off at a few pubs on way up but will certainly be worth it if we pull off a result.

ForzaPalace
14-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Game should have been postponed. I'm heading straight home on a Thameslink train tonight to watch the game on TV, so typically we'll finally beat these *****.

GTR
14-12-2016, 09:19 AM
What are the chances of the overground being far too busy for anyone to get on ?! :wallbash:

Has anyone taken this route south from central London during the strikes during rush hour and can comment on whether it's a realistic option. 20k fans and 500k commuters on the ginger line might just break it...

I would say this is very likely - it is usually very congested at Canada Water on a normal rush hour evening. Fortunately I will be getting on at the start of the route at Highbury and Islington.

If I was planning to come from Central London I might think about getting on further up the line - Shoreditch High St is walkable from Liverpool St for example.

Otherwise

- Southeastern Trains Victoria to Penge East and a 75 bus
- Victoria to Beckenham Junction and a tram to Harrington Road
- Charing Cross/Waterloo East/Cannon Street to Clock House and a tram from Beckenham Rd to Harrington Road are possibilities.

Kevin T
14-12-2016, 09:32 AM
I always drive to midweek games, normally arriving about 7.10pm and have a spot where I've never had a problem finding parking. Will be interesting to see how tonight compares. Half prepared to miss kick off and have been half considering giving it a miss altogether.

Bizarro
14-12-2016, 09:33 AM
What were the roads like yesterday, I'm planning on hitting Croydon area about 4.30 and preparing my son for a bit of a hike.

racehorse-80s
14-12-2016, 09:37 AM
What were the roads like yesterday, I'm planning on hitting Croydon area about 4.30 and preparing my son for a bit of a hike.

I reckon you should be ok at that time .

BaldEagle96
14-12-2016, 09:37 AM
which will mean about 6k ticket holders staying away.

All been paid for in advance so club won't give a shit!

Oli28
14-12-2016, 09:54 AM
If I was planning to come from Central London I might think about getting on further up the line - Shoreditch High St is walkable from Liverpool St for example.

Good idea - i'll probably do Euston to H&I then overground down

ForzaPalace
14-12-2016, 10:05 AM

Less than half an hour walk to Selhurst from central Croydon

jaspercpfc
14-12-2016, 10:20 AM
I class myself as a loyal supporter and my name is not Andy by the way HRP.

I have only missed 10 home League, Cup or friendlies in 43 years and those were missed because of illness or being stranded in California for 5 months.

I am not a troll but a die-hard Palace fan for life.

Good post Andy :p
No way of getting up/back tonight from Chichester way, so have given my ticket to a friend who is using it on taking their son to his first Palace game. :p

Jimmy Eagle
14-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I think its after the game that is going to be the biggest nightmare. I have to try and get back to Archway?!?

Kuqi32
14-12-2016, 10:30 AM
On the way back I think I might walk back to EC - as NJ will be rammed...

Jimmy Eagle
14-12-2016, 10:35 AM
On the way back I think I might walk back to EC - as NJ will be rammed...

Wouldn't all trains be cancelled from EC?

nicobos
14-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Cheers GTR - now worried about getting back from NJ !

May just be the tele for me now :(

jaspercpfc
14-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Thameslink?

GTR
14-12-2016, 10:39 AM
I think its after the game that is going to be the biggest nightmare. I have to try and get back to Archway?!?

If you are OK to wait around and have a beer while Norwood Junction thins out then it should be OK; overground to Highbury and Islington every 15 minutes until 23.24 then a bus up Holloway Road.

Will be more difficult straight after the game though. If you're up for a brisk walk you could probably make the 22.24 (or if not the 22.41) at Elmers End which would have you at London bridge and the Northern Line in 25 minutes

nicobos
14-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Hopefully the HF will make enough noise so it's still rocking !

elgin eagle
14-12-2016, 10:48 AM
If you are OK to wait around and have a beer while Norwood Junction thins out then it should be OK; overground to Highbury and Islington every 15 minutes until 23.24 then a bus up Holloway Road.

Will be more difficult straight after the game though. If you're up for a brisk walk you could probably make the 22.24 (or if not the 22.41) at Elmers End which would have you at London bridge and the Northern Line in 25 minutes

Thanks Mr Horton.

Latvian Eagle
14-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Thanks Mr Horton.

:moo::vader::moo:

CPFC Jr
14-12-2016, 11:08 AM
What would be the best way to get there from Great Portland street?
Farringdon to Tulse hill?

Homburg
14-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Good post Andy :p
No way of getting up/back tonight from Chichester way, so have given my ticket to a friend who is using it on taking their son to his first Palace game. :p

Shame we haven't met on train as I am driving up from Chichester for the game and would have welcomed some company

Kuqi32
14-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Thameslink back up to Farringdon is the plan!

radiomike
14-12-2016, 11:33 AM
be warned that the overcrowding last night in many thameslink /tram places was horrendous. Wimbledon was even closed for a while from 6-7- you may have seen the pictures
will kick off be delayed? Who knows - may have to be TV very,very reluctantly