PDA

View Full Version : West Ham United (a) Saturday 14th January 3pm - sold out

Kirby
12-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Just over a month 'til we make our first visit to the Olympic/London Stadium.

I know away fans are based behind the goal/in the corner to the right as you watch on TV. Anyone know the allocation?

Can see this selling out very quickly despite our current form.

JAS78
12-12-2016, 06:47 PM
I think it's about 5% allocation which is above the 3000 away fan rule the PL state

That's what I read somewhere

Martinsleftpeg
12-12-2016, 07:45 PM
If it's 5% we won't even get 3000 as the capacity is sub 60 k at present I'm sure we will get more than 3000

Dorking .Eagle
12-12-2016, 09:08 PM
It's about 3,000 give or take for segregation.

As per an agreement with all Premier League Clubs, away fans will be charged a maximum price of those shown below for all Premier League games:

Adults 30
Over 65's 25
Under 21's 25
Under 16' s 25

Supporters enjoy fine unobstructed views, however fans are housed quite far away from the playing area, especially at the back of the upper tier, so make sure you bring some binoculars, or more practically if you can, get yourself a seat in the lower tier or at the front of the upper tier. Due to the nature of the retractable seating there is a fair gap between the lower and upper tiers of the visiting fans sections.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dorkingeagle123/whamlaugh_zpsbdzxocit.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/dorkingeagle123/media/whamlaugh_zpsbdzxocit.jpg.html)

Away Fan Reviews:

What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the London Stadium?

Fantastic on the approach up to the Stadium and with the number of people walking along it almost felt like a trip to Wembley. After the initial excitement then once inside you soon register how far away everything is. Including some of your own fans in the bottom tier. Seems a bit of a mish-mash.

Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..

Stewards were fine and food okay but massive queues. Seemed to have about 30 urinals for 2700 fans?

Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:

Nightmare getting away. Usual police trick of making you walk in circles so you don't realise you're not actually getting any closer.

I knew it was high risk but it ended up being damn right dangerous, stewards were confused and had no clear instructions, probably still getting used to the stadium but they had no control.

The away section is awful, despite this being a modern stadium they didn't plan it well, the gap between fans in the upper and lower tiers is woeful and you could literally fit a London Bus in there!

Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:

West Ham should not had moved from the Boleyn, a lovely ground now unfortunately gone. I shall not be returning to the London Stadium for the league fixture later this season.

What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly?

We arrived about 45 minutes to kick off so headed straight for the turnstiles, At no point were our tickets checked, only 8 turnstiles were open for 5000 people. I was expecting security to be tight but there were no metal detectors and searching by stewards was pretty random, one guy was just waiving people in his queue straight through.

Left the away end to find a load of West Ham fans waiting outside looking to incite trouble, with stewards severely outnumbered. Luckily, I had a coat on which covered up my shirt so I could blend in with the majority of fans who didn't want to cause trouble. The stewards sent us on a huge detour though, with leaving the match being very confusing

Horrendous! We wanted to meet up with some West Ham friends but were told to move off in a different direction. In hindsight this may have saved us at it appears to have kicked off afterwards. The stewards, working hard to hold back some angry looking West Ham fans, directed us away from the stadium but once on the way there were no signs as to how to get back to Stratford International. It seemed odd that some West Ham fans were asking Boro fans where to go. Mobile phone coverage in the area was patchy so it was a struggle to use your phone to get directions. They really do need to put signs up or have stewards directing you more. It was only when you got back to near the station that stewards once more appeared, but then we encountered some strange queuing systems. Once back at Stratford International we we directed all round it, even tough there were no queues left - strange! We eventually met up with our friends back at The Euston Flyer, where even they were mystified by the strange stewarding.

Chillo
12-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Supporters enjoy fine unobstructed views, however fans are housed quite far away from the playing area, especially at the back of the upper tier, so make sure you bring some binoculars, or more practically if you can, get yourself a seat in the lower tier or at the front of the upper tier. Due to the nature of the retractable seating there is a fair gap between the lower and upper tiers of the visiting fans sections.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dorkingeagle123/whamlaugh_zpsbdzxocit.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/dorkingeagle123/media/whamlaugh_zpsbdzxocit.jpg.html)

That is worst than grim. I know it's a new ground to tick off and all that, but unless I can get a seat towards the top of the upper, I don't think I'll bother! :S:

dav434
12-12-2016, 09:20 PM
That is worst than grim. I know it's a new ground to tick off and all that, but unless I can get a seat towards the top of the upper, I don't think I'll bother! :S:

Is that scaffolding still there? Hope it's not - looks like you can't see the pitch at all!

ebyeeckeagle
12-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Does the media report it as being harder to get to than Palace. Or another thing ignored.

Dorking .Eagle
12-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Is that scaffolding still there? Hope it's not - looks like you can't see the pitch at all!

Scaff? State of the Art retractable seating that is! There are now tarpaulins covering the gap, which double up as trampolines for the pissed.

Hard to describe how I feel about it really, curious to see just how bad it really is, not particularly looking forward to seeing the away support so literally divided into two.

I think even the first trip there in January, I will just accept it as being one of those 'straight in and out' type places that you don't really enjoy all that much, just see the game and get it done with as much as is practicable

As for the surrounding area, home fans wanting something barely resembling a normal matchday build up will drink in one of the couple of pubs on the Carpenters Road council estate nearby. I'd imagine Bromley by Bow is a pretty quiet nearby alternative for away fans or those wanting to just keep themselves to themselves. The nearby Westfield shopping centre doesn't particularly want the passing trade, and parking is heavily discouraged on the Newham side of the ground

Bit of a pigs ear really

Jim Cannon
12-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Not looking forward to this one despite it being a new ground. Even though it is not far for me to go it is destined to take ages

Dorking .Eagle
12-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Does the media report it as being harder to get to than Palace. Or another thing ignored.

At least 3 underground stations and 3 DLR stations within 20 mins walk on a quiet day. I think the key thing is crowd management, or lack of it. The park itself is massive and easy to get a little bit disoriented if you try to be clever and avoid doing the obvious and simply head for Stratford tube.

Some lovely secluded canal-side walks around 'fish Island'/ and towards Hackney Wick and had the game been on a Sunday there would have been some really close parking options on that side of the ground which have yet to be clamped down on.

The place has the potential to be better than it currently is, but needs time and decent management to properly bed in

RobertCPFC
12-12-2016, 09:45 PM
I think this will be one of the quicker games to sell out this season but only because it's the first time. Personally I will be interested to see how different it is compared to athletics.

From previous experience it was not very difficult to get out early afternoon but in the evening it was a nightmare. It would make things easier if you can walk through Westfield.

I'm not really sure where the best place to go will be as everywhere looks so bad to watch football.

Stellavista
12-12-2016, 11:04 PM
I'll be f*cked if I'm going there. Looks dreadful.

Why did they bother installing West Ham livery seats in the areas looking at the back of the lower tier? Very odd.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
12-12-2016, 11:14 PM
I'll be f*cked if I'm going there. Looks dreadful.

Why did they bother installing West Ham livery seats in the areas looking at the back of the lower tier? Very odd.

Probably because they weren't paying for them. I intend to go just the once. If it's only to make me realise how lucky we are to be staying at Selhurst it will be worth the effort.

laggin
13-12-2016, 01:24 AM
Can see this selling out very quickly despite our current form.

perhaps given the agro at most games there, most our fans will do a millwall and get west ham swine flu

Kirby
13-12-2016, 11:35 AM
perhaps given the agro at most games there, most our fans will do a millwall and get west ham swine flu

Think I read there have actually been less arrests at the Olympic Stadium than at Old Trafford or Anfield this season (or something like that). Bloody notherners/chinese...

I have to say our journey there for the Olympics was really easy. They had bullet trains leaving St Pancras every 10 minutes and they weren't even that busy. Just checked and it looks like it's one every 17 mins now, so not too bad.

Ruskin Old Boy
13-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Think I read there have actually been less arrests at the Olympic Stadium than at Old Trafford or Anfield this season (or something like that). Bloody notherners/chinese...

No police at the ground = no arrests.

Norwich_Eagle
13-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Living in Norwich it will basically be my journey down into Epping and the Central Line. I am struggling to remember though whether there is a decent way of walking to Leyton (to avoid Stratford) without walking past Stratford station. I guess there must be, but for the life of me I cannot remember. Any help?

Kirby
13-12-2016, 12:10 PM
No police at the ground = no arrests.

Fair point.

RobertCPFC
13-12-2016, 01:58 PM
In programme from Saturday Hull supporters this weekend are being charged the usual 30 for adults while for under 21 and over 65 its 25. I assume this to be the same for our game as well.

Gazza2
13-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Draconian controls after stopping you use quickest routes to stations. Upper tier away fans section so far from pitch. Avoid and get lower tier if you can.

Yoda
13-12-2016, 02:08 PM
In programme from Saturday Hull supporters this weekend are being charged the usual 30 for adults while for under 21 and over 65 its 25. I assume this to be the same for our game as well.

Making up for the reduced adult prices by charging more for the concessions...that's classy.

I enjoyed the Olympics at this venue, but it looks grim for football.

Think I'll be giving this one a swerve.

ebyeeckeagle
14-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Making up for the reduced adult prices by charging more for the concessions...that's classy.

I enjoyed the Olympics at this venue, but it looks grim for football.

Think I'll be giving this one a swerve.

Our concession prices are not hugely less. And speaking of Hull fans, I hope they didn't moan about West Ham, considering they charged us the max 30 and 24 for concessions, despite being in a part of the ground where home fans were charged almost half that.

ForzaPalace
14-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Was excited about this when they moved there, but I am going to swerve it

Heath eagle
14-12-2016, 06:46 PM
If we don't sell this out it will be an embarrassment

disco mixx kidd
15-12-2016, 01:18 AM
When do they go on sale?

Kirby
15-12-2016, 01:52 AM
When do they go on sale?

Next week I would've thought.

7Ps
15-12-2016, 02:43 AM

Or a statement.

disco mixx kidd
15-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Next week I would've thought.

Cheers

ebyeeckeagle
16-12-2016, 04:11 PM

To who?

delboy01
16-12-2016, 04:28 PM

Since when have our performances affected away support. Especially in London.

Payney
16-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Will easily sell out as new ground in London, Will many of us return...doubtful..but lets see.

RobertCPFC
18-12-2016, 02:26 PM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/details-of-the-clubs-first-visit-to-the-london-stadium-3476134.aspx

Dorking .Eagle
18-12-2016, 05:08 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dorkingeagle123/whampano_zpsskql8b04.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/dorkingeagle123/media/whampano_zpsskql8b04.jpg.html)

Tickets for our away Premier League match against West Ham on Saturday 14th January, kick-off 3.00pm, will be on sale from Tuesday 20th December in the following selling order:

Phase 1

Tuesday 20th December from 10am

Season ticket holders & paid members with 3300+ loyalty points

One ticket per client reference

Phase 2

Wednesday 21st December from 10am

Season ticket holders & paid members with 2500+ loyalty points

Phase 3

Thursday 22nd December from 10am

Season ticket holders & paid members with 1000+ loyalty points

Phase 4

Friday 23rd December from 10am

Season ticket holders and paid Members – No loyalty points

Phase 5

Tuesday 27th December from 10am

Season Ticket holders and paid members can book one additional ticket (maximum of two tickets per client reference) – No loyalty points requirement

Ticket Prices

Adults - 30

Seniors (65+) - 25

Under 21’s - 25

Under 16’s - 25

pauldrulez
18-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Excellent. My one and only trip to this stadium for football.

Was checking my loyalty points early, I haven't got any for the Cup Final. Has anyone got any on their record? Doesn't make much of a difference for me, but an odd one as I got them for the Semi

Nth Kent Eagle
18-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Will sell out because even if our fans don't fancy it the touts who have season tickets in the Arthur probably will buy tickets for 30 and flog them to tourists.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
18-12-2016, 07:42 PM
I will buy a ticket for this because I want to laugh at the stadium and I'm hoping Alan Fartjuice will be down the job centre by then. Big Fat Sam will do a number on his old team.

aj4england
19-12-2016, 12:02 AM
Maybe a new manager or at least some new players by then

jmemour
19-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Chance of this getting to phase 3?

jhc
19-12-2016, 10:12 AM
I've not been, but that looks like a horrible stadium!
I hadn't realised there was such a dreadful gap between the tiers.
It must be a terrible atmosphere. No wonder they're struggling to play in it.

Penstone Eagle
19-12-2016, 10:18 AM
no intention of visiting that place, horrible stadium, horrible fans, horrible owners, horrible club

Norwich_Eagle
19-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Will go to tick it off the list but not looking forward to the view and attempted walk back to a tube stop.

Pinkie Brown
19-12-2016, 10:34 AM
I'll be going to 'tick off' but doubt if I will ever return for football.
Wanky club who have sold their sole.

Penstone Eagle
19-12-2016, 10:46 AM
I know people like 'ticking off' grounds, but seriously, what's the point with such a stadium and of course the 'deal' involved with them getting it.

Grubby club in every way.

andyocpfc
19-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Is there a specific away tube station that is recommended for away fans?

Oli28
19-12-2016, 11:51 AM
I know people like 'ticking off' grounds, but seriously, what's the point with such a stadium and of course the 'deal' involved with them getting it.

To see what it's actually like. And to see Palace play, of course!

WLYWLYAWYPWF
19-12-2016, 12:09 PM

When they move out after it flops it will be one of those quirky ones you can say you have been to. A bit like palace at the millenium stadium. Gutted I missed that as I was out of the country but it is unlikely to happen again.

Dorking .Eagle
19-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Away S/T has been processed, got row 31 of block 218, which I think is the front of the Upper. Probably the pink bit bottom right on this plan?

http://www.dino.co.uk/blogbox/random/london2012_stadium_rows_crop.png

Expect there to be a bit of the track between my seats and the lower tier. :D:D

Hancpfc
19-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Was checking my loyalty points early, I haven't got any for the Cup Final. Has anyone got any on their record? Doesn't make much of a difference for me, but an odd one as I got them for the Semi

Took me a while to realise I had mine. For me, the semi is labelled as a Manual Adjustment, with the reason as the semi. The final is logged as an away game and just says "Manchester United 21/05/16"

ebyeeckeagle
19-12-2016, 12:46 PM

Fair enough, and I doubt I will bother again soon (if we are even in the same division). But I do like ticking off grounds - Brighton at a running track that I had raced around at an actual event being my favourite. As WLY...says, its the quirky bits like the Millennium that is appealing. I get your point about the whole stinking affair mind.

Nth Kent Eagle
19-12-2016, 01:06 PM

It's only 11 minutes on the train for me and by far the quickest Premier League ground to get to. A bit like you choosing to go to the credit card ground near your house. If it were in the North West you might not bother.

SJPLDN
20-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Looking to get me and the old man tickets to this for christmas, but the phasing has made that a proper ball ache...

Plus the fact it seems that 80% of the away seating is toilet :wallbash:

disco mixx kidd
20-12-2016, 10:12 AM
got my kid adult lower tier, rather pay extra than risk upper tier view

RobertCPFC
20-12-2016, 10:16 AM
I've done the same myself. Got through on the phone very quickly.

I think it's the same price for upper and lower.

Oli28
20-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Offered row 3 lower or row 48 upper. Can't imagine the view is great for either tbh

eaglejez
20-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Offered row 3 lower or row 48 upper. Can't imagine the view is great for either tbh

Probably a blessing ;)

King William
20-12-2016, 11:24 AM

the point is to tick it off the list :supergrin:

King William
20-12-2016, 11:25 AM
got my kid adult lower tier, rather pay extra than risk upper tier view

bugger, I chose upper tier thinking the view would be better. have a I ballsed up?!

Mad Raschic Ken
20-12-2016, 11:32 AM
bugger, I chose upper tier thinking the view would be better. have a I ballsed up?!

Better angle, but binoculars needed by the look of it. I got row 9 in the lower. Hopefully just about high enough for a reasonable view.

Davy64
20-12-2016, 02:30 PM
I was advised to go halfway up in the lower tier, so i did.

Gazza2
20-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Yep. I've spoken to fans of other clubs who've played there and all said avoid the upper tier unless your eyesight is at least as good as those accepted to train to be fighter pilots.

Jamie W
20-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Guys just home and block 119 row 7 available. Ideally want higher up, anyone that has purchased in the lower today is block 119 the only one to be sold so far?

Payney
20-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Bought 2 at lunchtime in 119 row 23, Hoping this is at the back of the lower tier.

Dorking .Eagle
20-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Bought 2 at lunchtime in 119 row 23, Hoping this is at the back of the lower tier.

Yep, 24 rows in the lower tier, see plan on post #47 on this thread (page 3)

Mad Raschic Ken
20-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Guys just home and block 119 row 7 available. Ideally want higher up, anyone that has purchased in the lower today is block 119 the only one to be sold so far?

I bought in block 117 first thing this morning.

cpfc4evandeva
21-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Tickets website not working.

Premier League on the pitch and we've gone backwards off of it.

Ade 70
21-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Tickets website not working.

Premier League on the pitch and we've gone backwards off of it.

Thought it was just me!....

cpfc4evandeva
21-12-2016, 10:03 AM
I've tried two different browsers, and my mobile off it's 4G connection and no joy.

CharlieCPFC
21-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Same for me too.

Absolute shit.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Not working here either. Excellent.

crowboro eagle
21-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Nope not working now on hold paying bloody 10p a minute!! 80p so far

Mictor Voses
21-12-2016, 10:08 AM
I've tried two different browsers, and my mobile off it's 4G connection and no joy.

You could try calling them.......

EDIT- I am caller 29 in the queue! That'll teach me for being a smug git!

Ade 70
21-12-2016, 10:08 AM
why do Palace have the ability to make things difficult....aaarrggh:(

Super eagle
21-12-2016, 10:09 AM
They had that there is a fault with there connector in Nottingham

laggin
The club are too busy with the Xmas wine delivery right now than sell tickets to loyal fans

delboy01
And for me. Typical!

Ade 70
21-12-2016, 10:10 AM
You could try calling them.......

EDIT- I am caller 29 in the queue! That'll teach me for being a smug git!

There is a twitter note on the Palace site says

The phones and online ticketing system are currently down. The providers are working on the fault and we apologise for the inconvenience.

I suppose some praise to them for putting a note up

cpfc4evandeva
21-12-2016, 10:12 AM
The idea that this is a one off is wishful thinking. It's a terribly unreliable website.

And yeah, I think I'll give the phone call a miss thanks :rolleyes:

RobertCPFC
21-12-2016, 10:12 AM

The phones and online ticketing system are currently down. The providers are working on the fault and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Crystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 20m

GTR
21-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Don't bother waiting in the phone queue - they can't sell you a ticket when you do get answered! The guy I spoke to didn't know how long it would be - suggested it was the company that runs the online ticket site and he can't log in either!

crowboro eagle
Just spoke to them they can't book any tickets everything is down. Going to update once it's back up and running

Mictor Voses

I'm calling and I'm now down to caller number 15 in the queue so something must be working on the phones? Unless I'm wasting my time?

Eleanor_CPFC
21-12-2016, 10:20 AM
You can get through on the phone but then they tell you that they can't book the tickets. Hanging up is probably the best option

Mictor Voses
21-12-2016, 10:22 AM
You can get through on the phone but then they tell you that they can't book the tickets. Hanging up is probably the best option

I went from caller number 15 to caller number 6 in the space of 30 seconds. I thought it was too good to be true!

Barcelona B Fan
21-12-2016, 10:34 AM
As always Not good from our club! why leave people hanging on the phone so long to tell them systems are down when they can leave a message saying what the issues are?

Arggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I work nights so got up early to buy Wet spam! Oh well I suppose it will be up again soon lol

dowieslovechild
21-12-2016, 10:39 AM
The Premier League is slowly ripping the guts out of our club. Still, it won't be too much longer, until normal service is restored. Parish and Pardew together will make that a reality. I've given up trying to purchase tickets for my father and I, can never get two sat together. On the rare occasion when we do sit together, we're surrounded by tourists, who all leave at half time. If that's what being in the Premier League is all about then I'll be glad to see the back of it.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 10:43 AM
The Premier League is slowly ripping the guts out of our club. Still, it won't be too much longer, until reality us restored. Parish and Pardew together will make that a reality.

I fear you may be going a little OTT.

It's just an error with the ticketing system.

cpfc4evandeva
21-12-2016, 10:47 AM
I do feel that everything off the field has taken a back seat though. We now have more money than ever and the tickets system is shit. Like I said earlier in the thread, this kind of thing isn't a one off.

Was anyone else in the Red&Blue at the weekend when the tills stopped working, so they just stopped serving drinks?

Joke operation and any normal business wouldn't be able to exist like this.

Barcelona B Fan
21-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Working now :)

Wet spam tickets sorted ! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGLES!

Chobham Eagle
21-12-2016, 10:48 AM
First time I've had a problem with the on-line ticketing system in a long while.

I'm not sure why people are moaning.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Yep, working!

Does this mean we're not getting relegated now?

Kirby
21-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know if there are any lower tier tickets left?

dowieslovechild
21-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I fear you may be going a little OTT.

It's just an error with the ticketing system.

I sat with the prawn sandwich brigade for the United game. The service was just as poor over there. The VPs were all crammed into a small room and staff were cut to accommodate the bigger willy wavers in the boardroom. The pre-match food ran out, there was one barman, they ran out of plates and cutlery, it was a complete shambles. Thank goodness that it was a freebie. I would have been gutted to have paid thousands for that hospitality.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I sat with the prawn sandwich brigade for the United game. The service was just as poor over there. The VPs were all crammed into a small room and staff were cut to accommodate the bigger willy wavers in the boardroom. The pre-match food ran out, there was one barman, they ran out of plates and cutlery, it was a complete shambles.

That'll teach you :p

cpfc4evandeva
21-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Booked. Looks like I'm about 17 miles from the pitch but I was expecting that.

dowieslovechild
21-12-2016, 10:56 AM
That'll teach you :p

It did. The food looked proper jank and they were serving up yellow Smash potato.

http://i.imgur.com/oR81ZIn.jpg WTF was that meant to be?

Kirby
21-12-2016, 11:00 AM
It did. The food looked proper jank and they were serving up yellow Smash potato.

WTF was that meant to be?

Good God.

If it's any consolation the beer queues in the Holmesdale are still a joke, although I'd say the service has got marginally better this season.

Why they don't pre-pour/open 100 drinks just before half-time is still beyond me. It's just common sense.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know if there are any lower tier tickets left?

To answer my own question they're now offering block 120, row 2 if anyone's interested. You may be watching the entire game through a net though.

Barcelona B Fan
21-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Had an hours kip and got up specially then website wouldnt loads and then spent 20 mins on hold to be told system down, not really a mega moan just frustrating and noooooo sleep yet :( happy now :)
night night

dowieslovechild
21-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Good God.

If it's any consolation the beer queues in the Holmesdale are still a joke, although I'd say the service has got marginally better this season.

Why they don't pre-pour/open 100 drinks just before half-time is still beyond me. It's just common sense.

It was no big deal to me, that was my mate's food, and I passed on the opportunity to eat it. He did make me laugh though, when he loudly announced "it's nice to get Smash on a Wednesday". Joking aside, this was served in the Director's Lounge, so what must the perception of visitors be?

Mictor Voses
21-12-2016, 11:10 AM
All booked but lower tier sold out unfortunately. Apparently it was the ticketing team's Christmas party last night. I bet they're loving it this morning!

crowboro eagle
21-12-2016, 11:12 AM
All booked loooks like I'm at the back of the upper tier better get the binoculars out!!

Hancpfc
21-12-2016, 11:12 AM
To answer my own question they're now offering block 120, row 2 if anyone's interested. You may be watching the entire game through a net though.

I've just got block 120, row 9

Oli28
21-12-2016, 11:17 AM
I think you've answered your own question there

Kirby
21-12-2016, 11:18 AM
I've just got block 120, row 9

You may get the crossbar if you're lucky :p

Lower tier appears to be sold out now. Row 44 in the upper is the lowest I've been offered in the last 20 mins. Not sure whether to take them or wait for block 220 (which I'm guessing will go on sale next).

I think you've answered your own question there

:hmph: Good point.

Oli28
21-12-2016, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't wait myself - there's going to be huge demand for this game and by the look of things the view isn't great wherever you go. I'd just get what you can.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't wait myself - there's going to be huge demand for this game and by the look of things the view isn't great wherever you go. I'd just get what you can.

I'm going to risk it and wait. Row 53 is the lowest being offered now. This is how far back 53 is, and I'm pretty sure they've zoomed in given some of the other pics I've seen.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/wallpaper/jacobmarshall-20161008131426.jpg

Hoping to get row 30-40 in Block 220 when it appears, although there are limited seats at that level as blocks 220 and 221 start going up behind the big screen.

MikeyBaby
21-12-2016, 12:11 PM
55 block 219.

jmemour
21-12-2016, 12:19 PM
450ish left. Will this make tomorrow? Want to get my dear old dad a ticket for xmas

Barcelona B Fan
21-12-2016, 12:39 PM
55 block 219.

Not far from me 219 row 32

Closest photo I can find seem to be not too bad a view :)

http://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/photo/53070/Olympic+Stadium%2C+London/section-220/row-50/seat-67/

MikeyBaby
21-12-2016, 12:42 PM
For a UH dweller like me, that doesn't seem too bad.

:-)

Dorking .Eagle
21-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Not far from me 219 row 32

Closest photo I can find seem to be not too bad a view :)

http://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/photo/53070/Olympic+Stadium%2C+London/section-220/row-50/seat-67/

Loving the comments by the person who had that seat:-

I hated this stadium. Everything is too far away and in this section I had to climb up 3 flights of stairs to get to my section from the concourse (same story every time I wanted to use the gents or get food/beer)

- brianmoy

Kirby
21-12-2016, 12:49 PM
The ratings and comments on there certainly don't make for pleasant reading :D

Row 60 being offered now...

scro
21-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Bought ours today as it was selling out quick. Need to go back in for a couple more tomorrow. Sounds like we are long way back. However in some ways i would be disappointed if the stadium isn't rubbish for watching football. I can handle it for 90 minutes feeling smug about not having to do it every game of every season all so the owners could pocket a load of cash.

Nelson Muntz
21-12-2016, 12:52 PM
R 33

delboy01
21-12-2016, 01:14 PM
The earlier problem was not down to Palace it was virgin media hubs being down. Several sites were not available.

Not sure this is going to get to tomorrow at the rate they are selling. I need 4 more tomorrow so fingers crossed!

ellioteagle1
21-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Completely forgot about this. Just booked lower tier sold out and only rows 64 -80 left upper tier. Really annoyed I forgot about this as sounds like and awful view.

Chris K
21-12-2016, 01:26 PM
219 row 57, bollocks should've got on this earlier

Kirby
21-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Completely forgot about this. Just booked lower tier sold out and only rows 64 -80 left upper tier. Really annoyed I forgot about this as sounds like and awful view.

I think blocks 220 and 221 are still yet to go on sale as no-one's mentioned them in this thread yet. That's what I'm hoping anyway :sleepy:

pgw152
21-12-2016, 01:49 PM
I think blocks 220 and 221 are still yet to go on sale as no-one's mentioned them in this thread yet. That's what I'm hoping anyway :sleepy:

The selling order was approximately 117>118>119>120>220>219>218

A few remain in 219 and then 218 will be scoffled up tomorrow morning

Kirby
21-12-2016, 01:51 PM
The selling order was approximately 117>118>119>120>220>219>218

A few remain in 219 and then 218 will be scoffled up tomorrow morning

Is that definite?

218 would be fine, but I'm sure it was on sale earlier.

pgw152
21-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Is that definite?

218 would be fine, but I'm sure it was on sale earlier.

100% definite, from box office 30 minutes ago

Kirby
21-12-2016, 01:56 PM

Thanks.

218 was definitely on sale earlier (for a short period) though. Maybe they took it down and are saving it for the final batch.

crowboro eagle
21-12-2016, 02:07 PM
My seats are in 218

MikeyBaby
21-12-2016, 02:11 PM
My seats are in 218

A right 2 an' 8 I shouldn't wonder.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 02:31 PM

220 now on sale again...

Bizarre.

Oli28
21-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I got 218 yesterday morning if that helps

Kirby
21-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Realised I should probably do some work so settled on block 220 row 43.

Could be worse.

pgw152
21-12-2016, 02:46 PM
ok, so box got 218 and 220 mixed up when describing them, 220 (the last block to sell) is on the go now while the last few in 219 get mopped up

revised, selling order was 117>118>119>120>218>219>220

So, circa 500 left right now.

Kirby
21-12-2016, 03:26 PM
ok, so box got 218 and 220 mixed up when describing them, 220 (the last block to sell) is on the go now while the last few in 219 get mopped up

revised, selling order was 117>118>119>120>218>219>220

So, circa 500 left right now.

Judging by the seating plan we have 221 as well, although it's a very small block behind the big screen (not literally I hope).

Looks like I got about the lowest available row in 220. Can't complain.

pgw152
21-12-2016, 03:56 PM
It was originally thought to be 117-119 and 217-220 as per --> http://www.claretandhugh.info/olympic-stadium-away-allocation/

However, it seems for us they've gone 117-120 and 218-220 (same amount of blocks (seven) as described in the claretandhugh, just a different mix)

221 seems out of scope

Kirby
21-12-2016, 04:10 PM
I was just going by this diagram (from the same site) which appears to give away fans all the sections in white:

http://www.claretandhugh.info/wp-content/uploads/West_Ham_Olympic_Stadium_Seating_Plan_v1_7.jpg

It does say it's 'unofficial' though, so I guess we'll see.

knowlesyUCLA
21-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Row 67...

Stavros 69
21-12-2016, 04:17 PM
I'm going, cant say I'm looking forward to it.

Sam Spade
21-12-2016, 04:27 PM
So far from the pitch you need to check the post code you're in, never mind which block. Going, but not excited.

greybot
21-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Joke of a stadium. Everyone take binoculars and wave them about as a form of protest.

eagle mart
21-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Joke of a stadium. Everyone take binoculars and wave them about as a form of protest.

That'll show them.

eagle mart
21-12-2016, 05:16 PM
A Tifo like this would be better.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fKSBQVWRBRE/hqdefault.jpg

Kirby
21-12-2016, 05:37 PM
A Tifo like this would be better.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fKSBQVWRBRE/hqdefault.jpg

That'd look great if the two tiers in the away end weren't separated by a huge gaping hole.

Going to be a very weird experience.

delboy01
21-12-2016, 05:48 PM
That'd look great if the two tiers in the away end weren't separated by a huge gaping hole.

Going to be a very weird experience.

We could have a big arrow with 'I'm with Nigel' pointing to the lower tier.......

Or better still 'mind the gap!'

pgw152
21-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Cambridge v Blackpool looks tempting instead

New LP
21-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I'm going, cant say I'm looking forward to it.

I think that's most of us every week at the moment.

Dorking .Eagle
21-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Cambridge v Blackpool looks tempting instead

Say hello to David Gregory if you go

Dorking .Eagle
21-12-2016, 09:17 PM
wrong thread sorry

vegas78
21-12-2016, 09:30 PM
So I have tried to book online, but it states I have reached my allocation???? Can anybody please help?

EddieEdwards
21-12-2016, 11:10 PM
So I have tried to book online, but it states I have reached my allocation???? Can anybody please help?That means the system thinks that a ticket has already been bought against your client ref. If you think that is not the case, call the box office.

vegas78
21-12-2016, 11:14 PM
That means the system thinks that a ticket has already been bought against your client ref. If you think that is not the case, call the box office.

Thank you mate, hassle calling them ! oh well. Cheers

delboy01
21-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Thank you mate, hassle calling them ! oh well. Cheers

Has anyone got you on family and friends list? If so they may have booked it.

jmemour
22-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Row 72 in the upper tier. Intense.

andyocpfc
22-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Sold out - FS.

mrdance88
22-12-2016, 10:20 AM

Pahahaha! I got row 71. Winnnnning.

St.AlbansEagle
22-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Great - despite having the page open all morning I waited until 10 mins after the tickets went on sale this morning before ordering - now sold out. I'm not happy

Needless to say, I'm now after two tickets...

Dorking .Eagle
22-12-2016, 10:25 AM

Good luck in there being actual seats that high up

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/22/21/377BB6B400000578-0-Some_West_Ham_fans_were_forced_to_sit_on_concrete_ steps_during_t-a-21_1471897806650.jpg

Pinkie Brown
22-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I got block 218 row 58 - what numbers are the first and last row in the upper tier?

middleeagle
22-12-2016, 10:59 AM
is this sold out or have the BO just not loaded more tickets online?

Dorking .Eagle
22-12-2016, 10:59 AM
I got block 218 row 58 - what numbers are the first and last row in the upper tier?

Row 31 is the front row, row 75 the back

However for some blocks in the upper, the front row is a little bit higher than row 31 as there are all sorts of wonkey angles. In some blocks (eg above the big screen) the front row is row 45

SJPLDN
22-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Is this sold out already? Desperately need 2 tickets but still have to wait until tomorrow before I can get any...not particularly bothered which seats but if it's sold out then I'm a vital Christmas present down a few days before Christmas :frown:

selhursthoover
22-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Is this sold out already? Desperately need 2 tickets but still have to wait until tomorrow before I can get any...not particularly bothered which seats but if it's sold out then I'm a vital Christmas present down a few days before Christmas :frown:

Sold Out. A waiting list with 30 or so on the last I heard.

dmf73
22-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Defo sold our, I phoned this morning and got one of the last tickets there as. Was worth the 10 min wait on the phone

JAS78
22-12-2016, 01:44 PM
B@llocks

Are there anymore coming available?

davech
22-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Suppose Pards is gonna need a ticket now....

EddieEdwards
22-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Officially sold out. Waiting list in operation.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tickets-for-the-away-game-against-west-ham-are-now-sold-out.-3482018.aspx

Pistol Knight
22-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Glad I went to the box office at 9:30 this morning & got our 4 :)

Kirby
23-12-2016, 01:20 AM
Glad I went to the box office at 9:30 this morning & got our 4 :)

Smuggins.

I assume you're block 220 row 60+?

Pistol Knight
23-12-2016, 05:53 AM
Smuggins.

I assume you're block 220 row 60+?

row 50 something

delboy01
23-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Sold out 10 minutes into phase 3.

Mick
23-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Tickets arrived in post today. Surprised, considering it's Christmas.

Ifill Over
31-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Are others still waiting on tickets to arrive?

Mr Bo Jangles
31-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Still waiting.

delboy01
31-12-2016, 05:41 PM
And me.

Oli28
31-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Mine came today. I hate those big tickets that don't fit in your wallet

Sam Spade
31-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Are others still waiting on tickets to arrive?

Yep

Nelson Muntz
01-01-2017, 10:39 AM
No sign of mine.

cpfc4evandeva
01-01-2017, 02:16 PM
I completely forgot about the tickets until the thread. No sign of mine either.

old git
02-01-2017, 09:12 AM
The train drivers are on strike that day.Will thameslink be running?

Nelson Muntz
02-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Bastard postman hasn't even bothered to turn up today !!

dartfordeagle
02-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Bastard postman hasn't even bothered to turn up today !!

It's a bank holiday

Nelson Muntz
02-01-2017, 02:03 PM
It's a bank holiday

Whooooooooooosh......................

dartfordeagle
02-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Whooooooooooosh......................

Oh bollocks, late night not with it yet :D

pauldrulez
02-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Got 4 of our 5 tickets on Saturday.

Seems like the Southern Drivers will be on strike.

Ruining yet another day of mine, so I'll begin bunking trains to Norwood for home games.

cjcpfc
02-01-2017, 07:31 PM
I haven't had post since 20th December... Mine comes out of Norwood!

racehorse-80s
02-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Got 4 of our 5 tickets on Saturday.

Seems like the Southern Drivers will be on strike.

Ruining yet another day of mine, so I'll begin bunking trains to Norwood for home games.

Tram to Wimbledon and then tube or SWT .

Hancpfc
04-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Saturday's strike action called off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38506639

Ifill Over
04-01-2017, 12:35 PM
I still have not received tickets, just sent email to the box office.

Nelson Muntz
04-01-2017, 12:37 PM
My postman has just been and still no tickets, but it is still 10 days away.

T.C.
04-01-2017, 12:57 PM
I still have not received tickets.

Lucky you!

:supergrin:

HRP
04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
My postman has just been and still no tickets, but it is still 10 days away.

Did you order in the 1st phase , my friend ordered some and got hers before New Year's Day

Nelson Muntz
04-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Did you order in the 1st phase , my friend ordered some and got hers before New Year's Day
Yes, first phase. I'll give it til Monday, then enquire.

Mr Bo Jangles
05-01-2017, 12:36 PM
First phase and still no tickets for me too. Not worrying too much yet.

Chris K
05-01-2017, 01:41 PM
No tickets for me either yet, bought in 2nd phase. I'll e-mail on saturday if it's still the same

cpfc4evandeva
05-01-2017, 01:47 PM
I received mine this morning.

Keith Powell
05-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Mine arrived yesterday.

delboy01
05-01-2017, 03:15 PM
got my first phase waiting on 3rd now.

cheekychippie
05-01-2017, 06:12 PM
1st phase and still not arrived ,will wait till Monday if still the case ...

wrightchipvcfc
05-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Anyone know what row does the lower section go up to cheers

Kirby
06-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Anyone know what row does the lower section go up to cheers

24, according to this seating plan posted earlier in the thread:

wrightchipvcfc
06-01-2017, 12:06 PM
24, according to this seating plan posted earlier in the thread:

Cheers

scro
06-01-2017, 02:48 PM
I ordered mine some time back and haven't received them. The girl in the box office said they have only just sent out the tickets for the "upper" tier. So we will receive them this week. No idea if that is CPFC box office blarney but that's what i was told. I haven't read the thread so apologies if this has been stated by someone else. I just thought it might be useful for people still waiting.

EdMan
06-01-2017, 02:53 PM
How come the allocation is so low? Surely they're not filling the stadium for home games.

redandblue
06-01-2017, 02:57 PM
How come the allocation is so low? Surely they're not filling the stadium for home games.

Can't segregate

SHIPEAGLE
06-01-2017, 03:43 PM
They only have to give 3,000 tickets to away Clubs for League game

ForzaPalace
06-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to everyone coming on here to say how shit the stadium is. Which is why I'm not going.

muswell eagle
07-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Tickets arrived today. I never did Upton Park (recently because of the ridiculous prices) and so this will be my first time at West Ham away.

I expect it will be similar to the old Stamford Bridge or old Wembley (which both had a dog track round the pitch) where you were a long way from the pitch.

foresthillbilly
09-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Looking forward to everyone coming on here to say how shit the stadium is. Which is why I'm not going.

^^THIS ^^

with knobs on :D

Even spammers hate the stadium

cpfc4evandeva
09-01-2017, 09:56 AM

It's going to shit sure, but I like...

Drinking in London
Ticking grounds off the list

If it's really shit, and I reckon it will be, I just won't go again.

pallet
09-01-2017, 10:09 AM
It might not be that bad, Westfield is nice.

dowieslovechild
09-01-2017, 10:13 AM
They'll be lots of empty West Ham seats. Plenty have stopped going. Not sure why, as they aren't returning to Upton Park anytime ever.

A classic case of careful what you wish for.

eagle mart
09-01-2017, 10:17 AM
They'll be lots of empty West Ham seats. Plenty have stopped going. Not sure why, as they aren't returning to Upton Park anytime ever.

Spurs next.

dowieslovechild
09-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Spurs next.

I think that they will be fine. No major relocation, directly opposite to their current stadium. I also think that if Pochettino stays they'll leapfrog Arsenal and at some stage, they will win a title.

New LP
09-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Spurs next.

Spurs are different. A much bigger club than West Ham and moving to a state if the art ground. Not a cobbled together second hand athletics ground.

old git
09-01-2017, 02:26 PM
It's going to shit sure, but I like...

Drinking in London
Ticking grounds off the list

If it's really shit, and I reckon it will be, I just won't go again.

Yep. If the day out was just for football I would never bother.:p

Chris K
09-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Tickets came today

Mr Palace
10-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Had to get a ticket in the West Ham end as I didn't get my act together to buy a ticket for our end in time. Could be a horrendous 90 mins if those wankers beat us.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
10-01-2017, 11:00 PM

It's away.

TC EAGLE
11-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Could be fun at London Bridge saturday West Ham v Palace and Charlton v Millwall both KO at 3

smiler2
11-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Just seen this live on Sky Sports Ireland for those with access and apps.

Worksop Palace
11-01-2017, 08:39 PM

More or less selling out for 3rd round fa cup game on a Friday night would say otherwise

Robin
11-01-2017, 09:13 PM
I know lots of neutrals who have bought seasons at the new stadium.

Worksop Palace
11-01-2017, 09:15 PM
I know lots of neutrals who have bought seasons at the new stadium.

Not surprised - they were ridiculously cheap

Big Al
12-01-2017, 06:08 AM
Westfield is nice.

Dear god alive.

Groinstrain
12-01-2017, 07:09 AM
Where are the 'away' pubs for this game; anyone know?

Dorking .Eagle
12-01-2017, 07:26 AM
see Pubs for West Ham thread: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268382

Groinstrain
12-01-2017, 07:31 AM
see Pubs for West Ham thread: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268382

Thanks buddy....

RobertCPFC
13-01-2017, 03:31 PM
The last time I went to the Olympic Stadium I saw Usain Bolt arrive on track in a tank.

I think tomorrow may be slightly different.

King William
14-01-2017, 07:31 AM
The last time I went to the Olympic Stadium I saw Usain Bolt arrive on track in a tank.

Last time I went to the Olympic stadium I saw some athletes with disabilities run around.

I think today may be similar

Ridcully
14-01-2017, 07:37 AM

Haha, me too

Jamie W
14-01-2017, 02:39 PM
In the ground in the lower row 19 and seats are the view is excellent. Wouldn't want be be in the upper though, so far back from the pitch.

cpfc4evandeva
14-01-2017, 06:02 PM
What a truly awful 'football' ground.

If we ever ended up somewhere like that, I would give it all up.

stamford triumph
14-01-2017, 06:33 PM
What a terrible experience. Miles away from pitch. Huge distance between tiers. Sent us miles on circular journey to station. Got kettled for 20 minutes next to station. Sent us back round, got kettled some more. Finally got to station nearly an hour after leaving. Got to King's Cross 20 minutes later than we do from Selhurst despite train journey taking only 6 minutes from Stratford International to St Pancras. Absolute travesty of a stadium with disgraceful policing. Never again.

Chris K
14-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Without doubt the worst away experience I've had. Give me watching us lose to Cambridge away on that tiny terrace, in the snow, on a Friday night over that any day.

There's such a gap between lower and upper tier that it feels completely disjointed then after the game you get marched round the stadium by the police which turns out to be a group of both palace and west ham and then the same group is held outside the station for ******* ages whilst 14 year olds in flat caps who've not even started shaving hurl abuse thinking they're the ICF.

Finally got on a train at 17:55. Utter wank

Dorking .Eagle
14-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Was in very front row of Upper Tier - wasn't as bad a view as I thought, hated the gap between Upper and Lower tier though - totally broke up vocal support. Thought the concourse and facilities were very poor for a 'state of the art' new ground. Luckily the away end was perfectly aligned to where we had parked for free (Bow) so not too far to walk, and very quick getaway by car onto the A12.

Feel sorry for their fans though, we don't have to go there every week. Selhurst Park (even undeveloped) every time over that place.

Least said about the second half the better.

Penstone Eagle
14-01-2017, 07:19 PM
I'd rather spend more money on travelling to Stoke, and I have, than spend money on visiting this place. Dreadful club from top to bottom and a poor venue to watch a game of football.

Martinsleftpeg
14-01-2017, 08:13 PM
That was the most soulless dispiriting place I've ever been to in terms of league grounds. I don't usually say never again but I really don't want to be there again in the future it was the epitome of what is going wrong with the corporate and foreign takeover besmirching our game

west eagle
14-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Not that impressed to be honest, the gap in the seats is awful and to think they have a 99yr lease on the place, how they managed to spend 750m on a block and girder bowl is beyond me, and don't get me started on the mini marathon to get back to the station.

laths
14-01-2017, 08:23 PM

Telescopes were not evident in the upper , but by Christ they weee needed

CPFC 1949
14-01-2017, 08:30 PM
The most awful away experience I have ever had, it took an hour from leaving the ground to cover a 5 minute walk to Stafford int station, constantly stopped and penned in by the police. A truly awful place which I will never visit again.

Someone mentioned stoke earlier in the thread, absolutely brilliant for the away supporters.

ben1987
14-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Said to the friends I was with, the worse away ground I have been to (and that was at half time before the real shit set in). Soulless ground. It's not set up for it to be a football stadium. The gaps between the stands is awful and likewise the same between the dugouts and pitch. The walk form Stratford to the stadium was totally unnecessary. Also, never seen so many police at a game. Felt like a waste of resources.

Dorking .Eagle
14-01-2017, 09:01 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15940897_1193073400729576_4312148800708034132_n.jp g?oh=f6e51250a452605ea8a2e838e94dd5f8&oe=58DB7F7B

The view from the front part of the upper wasn't too bad, and I presume from the lower it was pretty normal view wise, if you can get over the crappy 'bridges' to the seats, the tarpaulins trying to hide what a botch job it really is, and the whole overall 'scaffold stand at Gillingham' type experience.

There are nearer stations than Stratford, and free street parking with a quick getaway if you don't mind an approx. 15 min walk.

But agree, this is what happens when greedy owners get it wrong on a major scale.

Simply staggering that the conversion cost so much, when the basics, such as the distances from the Upper Tier to the pitch are so fundamentally wrong.

Any stadium consultant could have forseen what it would have been like, but they ploughed on with it regardless.

Pudding Mill Lane DLR for example will be fully done up fairly soon, and will be a handy alternative, but ultimately the DLR has a tiny capacity compared to 'proper' trains and isn't the solution.

Joooe
14-01-2017, 10:54 PM
I was right near the front of the lower and before the game I thought it seemed fairly impressive.

But even being that 'close', it still felt really detached from everything.

Odds Against
14-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Pudding Mill Lane DLR for example will be fully done up fairly soon, and will be a handy alternative, but ultimately the DLR has a tiny capacity compared to 'proper' trains and isn't the solution.

Pudding Mill Lane worked well in both directions today - 40 mins from East Croydon to Stadium and the same back, with long breaks at Canary Wharf in
both directions.....

old git
15-01-2017, 08:59 AM
We drank at the crosse keys pub near leadenhall market then got the DLR to pudding mill lane.Very easy journey.

King William
15-01-2017, 01:09 PM
What was the queue like at pudding mill after game?

Admittedly I left when 2nd goal went in big even with the loop the loop of the Olympic park was back in Waterloo at 5.10pm

roystas
16-01-2017, 11:33 AM
What was the queue like at pudding mill after game?

Admittedly I left when 2nd goal went in big even with the loop the loop of the Olympic park was back in Waterloo at 5.10pm

We went and sat in the front row next to the exit for injury time and left as soon as the whistle went, walked straight in at Pudding Mill Lane and straight onto a train. Much easier than expected.

Pinkie Brown
16-01-2017, 12:24 PM

it was shit

Pinkie Brown
16-01-2017, 12:29 PM
On the plus side I never have to go there ever again for a football match.
I'd stop going if that was our ground.

What the **** have they spent all that money on? it looks exactly like it was when I went for the Olympics but with some scaffolding stands on top of the running track?!

Nelson Muntz
16-01-2017, 12:31 PM
On the plus side I never have to go there ever again for a football match.
I'd stop going if that was our ground.

What the **** have they spent all that money on? it looks exactly like it was when I went for the Olympics but with some scaffolding stands on top of the running track?!

I'm not going there again.
Man City managed to make a football ground out of an athletics stadium, why can't West Ham?
The walk around after was a joke.

silverymoon
16-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Awful ground hated it with a passion. I know ours is crap but I would not swap it for theirs. The bar seemed like you were drinking in a lean-to. Not even a shelf to put your beer on. Even after going to Spec savers I could not see the players from my seat. Glad I went but I preferred their old ground

davematt
16-01-2017, 12:36 PM
One of the worst, if not the worst, away day experiences.

And thats ignoring the football.

Payney
16-01-2017, 01:07 PM
We drunk at Liverpool street from 11:30 till 14:00, Then got the train (7 mins) to Stratford. Train was empty, All nice and easy.

Then things start to turn a bit shitty, 20 minutes walk to the ground, through concrete walkways and grassed areas. Entered the ground ok after having a full on OTT body search by a steward. Got a beer fast enough, although nothing pre-poured. Then went for a piss which took about 10 minutes as the queue was huge and there was only one entrance/exit. Was there another gents in the away end? I didn't see one, Madness.

The stadium its self is a steel and concrete bowl, Nothing special really. But the thing that gets me is that 325m was spent converting it for football, What a joke. Surely they could have done a better job than that, Disgrace.

Can't remember seeing so many stewards and plod at a Palace away game, Completely over the top and unnecessary. Who pays for all those coppers to stand around chatting?

The game was utter crap from both sides, But West ham took their breaks and finished us off easy enough.

Left on 90 minutes, Walked back towards Hackney wick and met some West ham mates in a coffee bar they had suggested that served beer. - http://www.whitepostcafe.com/ All a bit weird but warm and friendly enough. Headed over to Crate for pizza and more beers before heading for home.

Not sure I will visit the ground again, Its shite.