PDA

View Full Version : The World is Watching

gold76
14-12-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm sure a brainiac will confirm this, but surely this is the first time we have appeared live on the telly box 4 times in a row?

It's horrible to think of us having our pants pulled down for the world to see, as it's more than conceivable that we could lose all of them!

I'm just thinking back as to when we first appeared live?

An FA Cup game with Forest, late 80's?

I remember the ZDS cup ties were on the Sky Channel (pre Sky Sports in 89/90)

Then of course the Semi and Finals

Although I was there, the first top flight game I recall was the 1990/91 home game with Liverpool on Itv (Lineker was summariser for ITV)

With the advent of the satellite boom, and the championship being shown live, we must have appeared in circa 100 live games in the last 25 years?

Lowlights for me would be

The Arsenal league cup semi final home game 1-3
Wigan Away 0-5
Wimbledon Away 0-4
Wimbledon Home 0-3
Sheff Utd Away when we were dicked by an appalling ref

Any other notable times, when, if you weren't at the game you wanted to put your fist through the tv?

jaspercpfc
14-12-2016, 06:59 PM
The Arsenal league cup semi final home game 1-3

ITV ditched us for the second leg opting to show highlights instead as we weren't fancied, needless to say we lost 2-0. We got some really good coverage during the 93/94 Endsleigh league campaign on "The Match" with Ian St John and Matt Lorenzo

PALACEWU
14-12-2016, 06:59 PM
C.R.E.A.M

gold76
14-12-2016, 07:16 PM
ITV ditched us for the second leg opting to show highlights instead as we weren't fancied, needless to say we lost 2-0. We got some really good coverage during the 93/94 Endsleigh league campaign on "The Match" with Ian St John and Matt Lorenzo

Was in Crystals for closed circuit tv coverage of the 0-2 Arsenal game, still believed we could turn it around!

The 1-0 Tranmere away win, was a great tv Endsleigh game

jaspercpfc
14-12-2016, 07:41 PM
The 1-0 Tranmere away win, was a great tv Endsleigh game

That was my favourite away game that season, about a week from Christmas if my memory serves me well. Chris Malkin should have had a hat-trick in the first fifteen minutes as Tranmere battered us. The goal scored by "Willo" was sheer quality and probably his finest Palace moment, Armstrong skinned the defence alive blistering down the flank before passing to Williams who shaped up, and fired high into the net past Eric Nixon. That was the day we went top and we sat there for the rest of the season :lux: