PDA

View Full Version : Pubs for: Bolton

laboxers
03-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Where is everyone planning on drinking before the match on Saturday?

I'm staying overnight in Manchester, but would be good to have a few beers with Palace fans before the match in Manchester or nearer the ground

IanH
04-01-2017, 07:13 AM
The Beehive is evidently close to the ground and used by away fans. Nothing else near to the ground. All the pubs seem to be in the town centre.

laboxers
04-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Think we are going to need a few beers for this one!!

BERT'S HEAD
04-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Will drink in Bolton centre beforehand. Easy to get to the ground from there and some decent pubs.

civil eagle
05-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Staying in Manchester on the Saturday night and traveling via there, having looked at the away guides i'm planning on heading to the Beehive. It better be good this is likely to be my only away trip of the season

ebyeeckeagle
05-01-2017, 10:45 AM
The Beehive is evidently close to the ground and used by away fans. Nothing else near to the ground. All the pubs seem to be in the town centre.

Its a bog standard retail park on the edge of a motorway, miles from the centre. Those places are never known for actual pubs. Option is Beehive I suppose which I have found overly busy before (maybe not an issue this time) or food and drink in one of the usual restaurants. Even the bar in the bowling alley used to be for home fans only.

The town centre is decent enough and some nice pubs. Things change and its been a while but the Alma I remember as being good and there's an old pub Old Man and Scythe? That had a good real ale selection and cider for those keen on that.

Any clearer if tickets on the day? Can't imagine why not but seen more bizarre decisions before.

BERT'S HEAD
05-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Its a bog standard retail park on the edge of a motorway, miles from the centre. Those places are never known for actual pubs. Option is Beehive I suppose which I have found overly busy before (maybe not an issue this time) or food and drink in one of the usual restaurants. Even the bar in the bowling alley used to be for home fans only.

The town centre is decent enough and some nice pubs. Things change and its been a while but the Alma I remember as being good and there's an old pub Old Man and Scythe? That had a good real ale selection and cider for those keen on that.

Any clearer if tickets on the day? Can't imagine why not but seen more bizarre decisions before.

Beehive wouldn't let us in last time but
as you say don't think much of a crowd for this. The Old Man pub is top notch plus The Old Three Crowns and Hen and Chickens.

Am hoping it's pay on the day. No reason why not.

si90
07-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Hello,

Just rang The Bee Hive and was told that they are the away fans' pub, so no dramas.
Other than sh*t ale selection, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Mad Raschic Ken
07-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Hello,

Just rang The Bee Hive and was told that they are the away fans' pub, so no dramas.
Other than sh*t ale selection, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

They only seemed to have GK IPA. That ran out, so it was onto the Guinness. Handy location though.

ebyeeckeagle
07-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Beehive wouldn't let us in last time but
as you say don't think much of a crowd for this. The Old Man pub is top notch plus The Old Three Crowns and Hen and Chickens.

Am hoping it's pay on the day. No reason why not.

Good time, at least in the pubs? My lads match didn't finish in time which I knew might be a problem.

civil eagle
08-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Went into town to drink pre match and dear God it was grim.
Spent the night in Manchester which was a top top night out

Pointsforprizes
08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Went into town to drink pre match and dear God it was grim.
Spent the night in Manchester which was a top top night out

We went to the Scott's bar then the harvester who never let us in! Had to go Asda for refreshments ffs