PDA

View Full Version : When will Steve P talk next years season ticket prices?

Pages : [1] 2

Owngoal
04-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Usually comes up in January. However given the fabulous performances and real threat of relegation will he hold off until we hopefully start playing. If things don't change I can see us struggling to get anywhere near the sales of this year. Last night heard a few ST holders saying they can't take much more of the match experience turmoil that we are currently in.

Jim Cannon
04-01-2017, 08:29 PM
They should definitely have a relegation price and a premier league price, but there is no chance of that happening

wrightchipvcfc
04-01-2017, 08:51 PM
From parish point of veiw he will prob want for you to sighn up as early as poss he ain't silly he knows thousands will walk if we go down usuall stuff your seat will be sold if you don't committ bla bla bla spose ticket agency's can hedge there bets do monthly then if we go down in April of may say they don't want it now.

laggin
07-01-2017, 02:47 AM
from what ive heard in the last week or so I think most will renew if we go down not stay up, due to bandwagon, tourists, poor atmosphere, divided ground, toxic environment and awful matchday experience

Hedgehog
07-01-2017, 03:10 AM
So Steve P makes one post on here, and everybody is all over him like a cheap suit.

No wonder CPFC2010 don't post on here any more.

Oli28
07-01-2017, 10:13 AM
from what ive heard in the last week or so I think most will renew if we go down not stay up, due to bandwagon, tourists, poor atmosphere, divided ground, toxic environment and awful matchday experience
I'm almost certainly in this camp

Crozzy71
08-01-2017, 11:58 AM
I have questioned whether I'll renew (s/t holder for over 20 years and regular fan for 40) which is probably still on the back of 2016 and Pardew's gradual erosion of all we stood for.

It's almost a 'be careful what you wish for scenario'. We all wanted promotion and now don't like it because the soul has been removed and replaced by light shows, 'street' match day announcers and tourists who watch the game through their phone in their half and half scarves.

Pardew's reign and the appointment of Sam have caused a civil war within the fan base and now the HF are on a sponsored silence.

Ultimately of course I'll renew, but one thing that does stick in the craw is the fact we need to renew now to get the best prices when our league status is far from certain. If we go down what do we get back for showing loyalty now ? Oh yeah, 4 more home games for our money.

Great, I'll cherish the thought of those 4 being Rotherham, Burton etc.

Harry Holmesdale
09-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Once we win a couple the 'matchday' experience will be winning a game, forget all the rest of the stuff that goes on

scro
09-01-2017, 01:30 PM
I have questioned whether I'll renew (s/t holder for over 20 years and regular fan for 40) which is probably still on the back of 2016 and Pardew's gradual erosion of all we stood for.

It's almost a 'be careful what you wish for scenario'. We all wanted promotion and now don't like it because the soul has been removed and replaced by light shows, 'street' match day announcers and tourists who watch the game through their phone in their half and half scarves.

Pardew's reign and the appointment of Sam have caused a civil war within the fan base and now the HF are on a sponsored silence.

Ultimately of course I'll renew, but one thing that does stick in the craw is the fact we need to renew now to get the best prices when our league status is far from certain. If we go down what do we get back for showing loyalty now ? Oh yeah, 4 more home games for our money.

Great, I'll cherish the thought of those 4 being Rotherham, Burton etc.

I don't get the angst against light shows. I certainly don't see that as any worse than introducing american style cheerleaders for example. As for tourists.. I assume this is only a problem for certain parts of the stadium. Where i sit there is certainly not an abundance of tourists. We aren't the loudest in the whitehorse being a combination of kids and oaps generally but the people i see tend to be the same faces and clearly loyal palace fans.

Can you moan about tourists then berate the likes of rotherham for not being worth as much as a premier league game? Seems a little inconsistent. FWIW i agree but i don't deny.. i bloody love the premier league and want to stay there.

The only positive of relegation would be the chance to get my youngest sons season ticket with us before he is too old to sit on my lap and for it not to matter.

stumpy feelers
09-01-2017, 01:56 PM
I for one am looking forward to another set of away fans celebrating in our own back yard again. All year. Again. Every year.:(

BaldEagle96
10-01-2017, 12:17 PM
With the club awash with money from the new TV deal I would very much hope there will be a freeze on prices once more.

One can argue that if we go down then there will be an extra 4 games included in the price so per game the cost per game will have been reduced anyway.

No doubt there will be a 28/02 deadline again for the best deals and for those who want to sit on the fence as to whether to renew depending on championship or Premier League tough shit! They can just wait and then pay accordingly when they know for use which division we will be in.

Nelson Muntz
10-01-2017, 02:16 PM
With the club awash with money from the new TV deal I would very much hope there will be a freeze on prices once more.

One can argue that if we go down then there will be an extra 4 games included in the price so per game the cost per game will have been reduced anyway.

No doubt there will be a 28/02 deadline again for the best deals and for those who want to sit on the fence as to whether to renew depending on championship or Premier League tough shit! They can just wait and then pay accordingly when they know for use which division we will be in.

Agree 100%

Selhurst Celtic
10-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Expect an announcement after the next victory. If there is one.

swissroll
10-01-2017, 02:39 PM
There should be no rise at all. If you add £50 across the board for 17000 season tickets it amounts to about £850k, well under 1 per cent of tv revenue

Scrumpy
10-01-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm renewing regardless

liberal clubber
10-01-2017, 02:49 PM
If they do that i'm blaming YOU Swissroll :(

Selhurst Celtic
10-01-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm renewing regardless

Wrong login, hdeagle?

:vader:

Mad Raschic Ken
10-01-2017, 08:29 PM
I'm renewing regardless

Me too.

PeterH
10-01-2017, 08:46 PM
I for one am looking forward to another set of away fans celebrating in our own back yard again. All year. Again. Every year.:(

THIS.

I feel for you all, honestly. Shocking home record.

917L
10-01-2017, 09:00 PM
They should definitely have a relegation price and a premier league price, but there is no chance of that happening

Answer will be that you get 4 more games in the Championship...

old git
10-01-2017, 09:23 PM
There should be no rise at all. If you add £50 across the board for 17000 season tickets it amounts to about £850k, well under 1 per cent of tv revenue

Not next years :p

ANDYEAGLE
29-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Wonder if we will get details at the Sunderland game? Early bird can't surely be before March end now. Interesting to see what Steve P does this year.

spt1978
29-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Wonder how many paid £10 to get on the waiting list.

racehorse-80s
29-01-2017, 04:15 PM
I am dreading making the decision to buy or not , Currently I am not that keen given the lack of investment in the ground and wasteful buys .

HRP
29-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Announcement will be made before Saturday.
Probably on the 1st February just after the transfer window shuts ,

ANDYEAGLE
29-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Announcement will be made before Saturday.
Probably on the 1st February just after the transfer window shuts ,

You know that for a fact?

Yoda
29-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Answer will be that you get 4 more games in the Championship...

Given the home performance record for the past year, I'm not sure attending 4 extra home matches in the Championship is that attractive....it might be more like a punishment!

They will need to reduce the prices for individual matches in the Championship, or the attendances will plummet further. So the price of season tickets has to remain attractive enough to buy them, otherwise fans will simply buy for their favourite selection of home matches on a per match basis.

prizesucker
29-01-2017, 04:51 PM
& there are those who paid nearly £2,000 each this season to sit in the Director's box this season........no extra loyalty points from box office for away tickets (500 for everyone) either. Two grand to watch our home form.....just let that sink in

spt1978
29-01-2017, 05:00 PM
& there are those who paid nearly £2,000 each this season to sit in the Director's box this season........no extra loyalty points from box office for away tickets (500 for everyone) either. Two grand to watch our home form.....just let that sink in

£286 per point so far this season, bargain.

Hemeleagle
29-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Don't know if I'm going to renew 3 tickets next year
I'm felling really anti parash at the moment my club just feels divided since the Americans came in

Yogya
29-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Don't know if I'm going to renew 3 tickets next year
I'm felling really anti parash at the moment my club just feels divided since the Americans came in

You mean since we have been on bad run. Difficult to see how you can blame the Americans for anything.

tamlamotowner
29-01-2017, 05:27 PM
I was born in SE19 and have supported Palace all my life.
I am 63 now and getting older each year.
Missed out on the concession ST price by a year when it was shifted to 65.
Living on the south coast now and the journey gets more arduous on the trains.
Will I be renewing my season ticket next year?
Answer:- Yes, resoundingly and regardless of how many goals we lose games by.

hdeagle
29-01-2017, 05:32 PM
I will renew my season ticket for the 44th consecutive year regardless of what division Palace are playing in as that is never a factor that comes into the equation.

Supporting Palace through thick and thin is what counts through good and bad times.

jaspercpfc
29-01-2017, 05:44 PM
I will renew my season ticket for the 44th consecutive year regardless of what division Palace are playing in as that is never a factor that comes into the equation.

Supporting Palace through thick and thin is what counts through good and bad times.

are your messages on copy and paste?

HRP
29-01-2017, 05:52 PM

Oh just **** off you :jerkit:

Pierre
29-01-2017, 06:02 PM

Such a plastic!

Oh by the way someone I know joined the season ticket list 10 days ago 425 was his number.

hdeagle
29-01-2017, 06:10 PM
HRP do us all a favour and practice what you tell others to do.

racehorse-80s
29-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Such a plastic!

Oh by the way someone I know joined the season ticket list 10 days ago 425 was his number.

No chance of snapping up a 2k Director box ticket for him then .

L'head Eagle
29-01-2017, 06:27 PM
I will moan, give the impression of a doubt, then renew...............

Dorking .Eagle
29-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Wonder how many paid £10 to get on the waiting list.

If you believe SP, then capacity could be dropping by 3000 to accommodate 100 new wheelchair spaces. If we stay up might be zero availability.

stamford triumph
29-01-2017, 07:13 PM
I will moan, give the impression of a doubt, then renew...............

Sounds about right :supergrin:

Mad Raschic Ken
29-01-2017, 08:18 PM
There have been times when I haven't had a season ticket. In my twenties I had a few seasons where I decided to play football on Saturdays and then just over a decade ago when my kids were born.

Performances and which division we're playing in have never been a factor though and I will be renewing when they go on sale.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
29-01-2017, 08:26 PM

Does the HD stand for hopelessly devoted? :jerkit:

newish eagle
29-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Sweet Jesus! 2k...that's horrific.

Halfwayline
29-01-2017, 09:03 PM
You would almost think they have tried to move all the loyal fans out of the Directors Box area as even the £1,600 a season, twice the cost 2 seasons ago (£85 a game) is nothing compared to the £240 they charge for the seat when marketed as "Corporate Hospitality". Just add a meal and a programme. turning a normal seat into Corporate Hospitality is akin to Jesus turning water into wine.

hdeagle
30-01-2017, 03:32 AM
When the going gets tough the tough get going and that sums up those so-called Palace fans that have to resort to abuse because they hate my positivity as all they want to do is throw in the towel,they are nothing more than deserters quitting in the heat of battle.

Renew their season tickets they probably never had one in the first place and prefer to mock those that will stay loyal to the club win,lose or draw through good and bad times.

This is the first time that I have ever seen such a split in the fanbase and it is nothing to be proud of as everybody needs to pull in the same direction like when there was almost no Palace to support and the fans rallied to show how much the club meant to the fans.

Some fans have very short memories and they may need jogging.

If you do not want to support Palace then do not mock those of us that do.

COYP

HRP
30-01-2017, 04:56 AM
When the going gets tough the tough get going and that sums up those so-called Palace fans that have to resort to abuse because they hate my positivity as all they want to do is throw in the towel,they are nothing more than deserters quitting in the heat of battle.

Renew their season tickets they probably never had one in the first place and prefer to mock those that will stay loyal to the club win,lose or draw through good and bad times.

This is the first time that I have ever seen such a split in the fanbase and it is nothing to be proud of as everybody needs to pull in the same direction like when there was almost no Palace to support and the fans rallied to show how much the club meant to the fans.

COYP

:jerkit:

hdeagle
30-01-2017, 05:28 AM
HRP please change your user name to PMT as you are so stressed out.

jaspercpfc
30-01-2017, 08:09 AM

I get that youíre a fan, but you donít help yourself in the way you express your opinions. Just because somebody isnít able to attend every game, doesnít make you a better fan and your cheap throwaway comments donít help and that's why others have dished it out to you. Anybody who dares attempt to look at things constructively, is automatically deemed a negative fan by yourself. This approach to other fans has alienated yourself on here. You invariably come back to this post, and say Iím a negative poster and that I have a mild obsession with you;) and I have an alternate agenda. If you go through my posts, I donít think youíll find me slagging off the board, the players etc. We as fans have been incredibly patient over the last 15 months, and have seen nothing by way of results in the league.

Just a few of your examples
I have been to 78 away grounds watching Palace so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13373990&postcount=454
Bolton at home - Iíve travelled 4 hours, and then goes on to say Shame on you fans who live nearer but who simply could not be bothered to support the team by attending a home game at Selhurst Park.
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13441241&postcount=1275

Please remind me how many years youíve been a fan

Iíve been a fan for 43 years
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13375332&postcount=767
I have only missed 10 home League, Cup or friendlies in 43 years and those were missed because of illness or being stranded in California for 5 months.
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13366759&postcount=192
Ooooh just a slight mention that youíve supported us for the last 43 years
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13442908&postcount=1310
I have been a season ticket holder for the past 43 years
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13360138&postcount=73

Things you can do when Southern screw you over on a Monday morning :p:p:p

spt1978
30-01-2017, 08:20 AM
If you believe SP, then capacity could be dropping by 3000 to accommodate 100 new wheelchair spaces. If we stay up might be zero availability.

3000 seats to accommodate 100 wheelchair spaces sounds like rubbish, 30 seats per wheelchair. Know SP said this, not having a pop at you.

spt1978
31-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Liverpool losing 1000 seats to create 150 wheelchair places.

Brett
31-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Does the HD stand for hopelessly devoted? :jerkit:

Hairy Dingus

Brett
31-01-2017, 07:12 PM

Nice bit of casual misogyny for a Tuesday afternoon.

Yoda
31-01-2017, 07:37 PM
3000 seats to accommodate 100 wheelchair spaces sounds like rubbish, 30 seats per wheelchair. Know SP said this, not having a pop at you.

The Watford management have said something similar.

I'd like to think we're all 100% in support of making grounds wheelchair friendly, and I've been critical of our provision in the past.

But this seems an extraordinary equation...30 seats per wheelchair?!

Can anyone shed light on how they've come to this conclusion? Does it maybe include space for amenities such as toilets, lifts etc?

7Ps
31-01-2017, 10:05 PM
I believe it means just that: access and facilities.

glaziers fan
01-02-2017, 01:25 PM

COYP

very well said

danpalace07
01-02-2017, 06:51 PM
now would probably be a good time if not after Sunderland if we win

shame I probably can't afford to renew :(

McpfcS
01-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Anyone who bases their decision to purchase a ST or not on what division we're in are supporting the wrong club.

Gazza2
01-02-2017, 09:07 PM
If Watford have to provide 150 wheelchair places then I assume Palace have to provide a similar number. Should be done this Summer.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/01/premier-league-clubs-threatened-legal-action-failure-disabled-supporters

Gazza2
01-02-2017, 09:10 PM
If it is like the wheelchair area at Bayern Munich then each wheelchair place will come with a designated helpers space just behind.
And what is good at Bayern is that the area is about a third of way back along side of pitch rather than stuck right at the front or back. So really are a part of the main crowd.

hdeagle
01-02-2017, 11:20 PM
There have been problems for disabled Palace fans at some away games because the disabled area has been located near the home fans and not near the rest of the Palace fans.

Very poor planning.

BaldEagle96
02-02-2017, 08:34 AM
now would probably be a good time if not after Sunderland if we win

I was thinking the same thing but then thought that on the basis there will be a grace period of when to get the best price until (say 28/02) a lot of people will leave it to the last minute for cash flow purposes/waiting for payday, so really it doesn't matter much when they are announced...

suits_you
02-02-2017, 08:40 AM
We as season ticket holders, need to realise we are not that important to the club in terms of revenue anymore. There is no rush to get people to buy their ticket for next year to help with cash flow.

racehorse-80s
02-02-2017, 08:43 AM
The later the better for me personally .

Selhurst Celtic
03-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Expect an announcement after the next victory. If there is one.

On the back of the midweek win, ST renewal starts tomorrow with a price freeze, and an auto rollover thing for future years.

Kevlon
03-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Prices now out.

Johnnieboy
03-02-2017, 07:16 PM
On the back of the midweek win, ST renewal starts tomorrow with a price freeze, and an auto rollover thing for future years.

Prices only frozen if you renew by 2nd March

Gollum
03-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Some areas are not frozen....

King William
03-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Can't see it online?

old git
03-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Ten pounds to join the waiting list ? Surely the more people that show interest the better.

old git
03-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Can't see it online?

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets

Barbara4003
03-02-2017, 07:51 PM
I don't understand why the Stephenson has gone up another £60 [emoji45]

Big Al
03-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Renew by 3rd April or you lose your seat.

Complete piss take. Absolutely outrageous way to treat your most valuable customers.

Yoda
03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Single match tickets for the Stephenson are going to have to reach £50+ soon, or the season ticket won't be offering enough of a saving (other than the security of having our designated seat).

Ruskin Old Boy
03-02-2017, 08:13 PM
I don't understand why the Stephenson has gone up another £60 [emoji45]

Mine has gone up £75.00 - doesn't make sense.

Gollum
03-02-2017, 08:15 PM
I'm in the Stephenson. I think my regular adult seat has increased by £60. Have they really hiked the OAP rate by £75 ?

TheMexicanHorse
03-02-2017, 08:20 PM
200 extra parish points for signing upto auto enrolment ???

Barbara4003
03-02-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm in the Stephenson. I think my regular adult seat has increased by £60. Have they really hiked the OAP rate by £75 ?

I paid £660 last year because I didn't elect to have the money added to spend in the bar. I can't see that option this time, so are we all having money added or is nobody being given that option?

It's a bit confusing.

palace910
03-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Having to move my season ticket to allocate extra disabled supporters in the Arthur. Where to go now?

King William
03-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Thanks

TheMexicanHorse
03-02-2017, 08:25 PM
The auto enroll scheme is bizarre, sign up for two seasons without yet knowing season twos cost.

Parishnomics

Gollum
03-02-2017, 08:25 PM
I paid £660 last year because I didn't elect to have the money added to spend in the bar. I can't see that option this time, so are we all having money added or is nobody being given that option?

It's a bit confusing.

On the face of it, it's simply a £60 price hike. £75 for OAP's.

Ruskin Old Boy
03-02-2017, 08:27 PM

Yes.

Will see if they've taken it for granted that we want to spend the extra in the bar. We don't.

Robson
03-02-2017, 08:46 PM
The club are making a big deal about prices being frozen.

Sorry, we are now in a league raking in billions from TV revenue: money from attendences is a small and declining percentage of a PL club's income. The prices should have been reduced, not frozen.

Chris K
03-02-2017, 08:47 PM
The auto enroll scheme is bizarre, sign up for two seasons without yet knowing season twos cost.

Parishnomics

Not really, I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I wouldn't renew. And if a scenario should arise then you can cancel it anyway

TheMexicanHorse
03-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Not really, I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I wouldn't renew. And if a scenario should arise then you can cancel it anyway

If I knew the price would be the same for season two I would sign up tomorrow. But it's like me signing up to a new mortgage deal which is labelled as "fixed rate" yet not knowing I'm gonna pay in the final year.

in-exile
03-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Not really, I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I wouldn't renew. And if a scenario should arise then you can cancel it anywayYes less chance of our wife's running off with the clubs manager now..So one less reason that might have been a reason not to go! ;)

cpfc4evandeva
03-02-2017, 08:59 PM
The 200 Parish points for auto-enrolment is disgusting.

And 4 weeks notice before the price increases is a joke too.

Jim Cannon
03-02-2017, 09:02 PM
The 200 Parish points for auto-enrolment is disgusting.

And 4 weeks notice before the price increases is a joke too.

It does seem as though they have been desperately waiting for a bit of good news, such as a win and some new signings after all the shite we have been subjected for too long. I wonder if we will get any wins for our money this time

Chris K
03-02-2017, 09:06 PM
If I knew the price would be the same for season two I would sign up tomorrow. But it's like me signing up to a new mortgage deal which is labelled as "fixed rate" yet not knowing I'm gonna pay in the final year.

Does the fixed rate say at the bottom of the page "the auto renewal can be cancelled at any point in the season with no further obligation"?

Sign up, get more loyalty points and then if you don't like the price next year cancel by emailing the box office. Don't see the issue myself

Dave
03-02-2017, 09:10 PM

It's a bit confusing.

there wasn't an option 2016/17 to buy with bar spend, was there?

Jim Cannon
03-02-2017, 09:12 PM

Not that I recall

Barbara4003
03-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Yes.

Will see if they've taken it for granted that we want to spend the extra in the bar. We don't.

I'm hoping we have read it wrong or missed something.

Can't believe the OAP price has gone up that much :(

Barbara4003
03-02-2017, 09:13 PM

I can't really remember. I know I paid £660 last year.

malianeagle
03-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Hi. Sorry, can anyone tell me what the director's box price is for next year? It's probably there but can't seem to find it in the brochure. Hopefully it's not gone up by another £550 this year ��. If it has, I'm not sure I want to know to be honest. Thanks.

Barbara4003
03-02-2017, 09:18 PM
I just checked last years prices and the drinks package wasn't an option. So our seats have gone up.

Mr Bo Jangles
03-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Sorry to be the odd one out but Upper Holmesdale same price as last two seasons- £520-£27 a match, bargain (well if our home form improves!).

Dorking .Eagle
03-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Had a quick read through.

Positives

- can renew my sons monthly instalments online for the first time (from early march), better than filling in pages and pages of forms. Also the price for him hasn't changed

Being a collector saddo it is a little bit of a shame we don't get a new season ticket card, as I've got quite a collection of season tickets.

Cannot see anything about the programme voucher booklet, but I think it is usual that they don't say anything about this for a while yet.

Thought the terms and conditions of the main stand bars was a bit funny. Bit weird to set out t&c's that people can pay for drinks at the time of ordering! Couldn't see the same for the red and blue bar!

Oh and a bit weird about the extra 200 pts for auto renewal. Not available to those paying in instalments!

Dave
03-02-2017, 09:35 PM
I can't really remember. I know I paid £660 last year.

There was no option, we just got the price increase

Dorking .Eagle
03-02-2017, 09:39 PM
"The costs of all refreshments consumed by you shall be paid by you to the refreshment supplier in the Glazier Bar at the time of ordering or consuming"

Thanks for clearing that up Palace LOL

spy
03-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Is the condition about not sharing season tickets new? No idea how they could possibly enforce it particularly now you just scan your ticket in the turnstile.

At least putting the ticket on our existing cards means we won't have the usual problem of tickets being sent out at the last minute or not turning up.

The FAQs are full of mistakes and the link to the video doesn't seem to be working - all looks a bit rushed out or amateurish :(

Nostrils
03-02-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm considering moving a bit further back in my current block if the seats are available. In order to get the early bird deal, does anyone know if I have to keep the same seats?

My apologies if this is a stupid question.

Dorking .Eagle
03-02-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm considering moving a bit further back in my current block if the seats are available. In order to get the early bird deal, does anyone know if I have to keep the same seats?

I would recommend getting in touch early tomorrow (if necessary get there first thing in the morning) and see what other seats are currently available (in most stands other than the Arthur Wait, almost nothing)

If nothing you prefer is currently available, renew what you already have during February to get the best price, then go back on 3rd or 4th April, and you may then be able to move from your current location to a non-renewed seat which you prefer.

spy
03-02-2017, 09:52 PM

In the past you have been able to renew and then move your seat once the date for reserving seats has passed.

spy
03-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Q. Does my Season Ticket guarantee me a seat at all football matches at Selhurst Park?
A. No, your Season Ticket guarantees you a seat for home Premier League matches only

Does this mean that if we get relegated we won't be able to use the season ticket and will have to buy another one? Very sneaky :supergrin:

Nostrils
03-02-2017, 10:01 PM
I would recommend getting in touch early tomorrow (if necessary get there first thing in the morning) and see what other seats are currently available (in most stands other than the Arthur Wait, almost nothing)

If nothing you prefer is currently available, renew what you already have during February to get the best price, then go back on 3rd or 4th April, and you may then be able to move from your current location to a non-renewed seat which you prefer.

Thanks Dorking, that makes sense. We're AW so maybe stand more chance of having some success, although we're happy with our seats I prefer it a bit more raucous. Tbh, I'm actually hoping there'll be less choice come April, if you catch my drift...

Nostrils
03-02-2017, 10:02 PM
In the past you have been able to renew and then move your seat once the date for reserving seats has passed.

And thanks to you too Spy.

Palace Bear
03-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Finally they are loading next years ticket onto the same card!!! Finally sense has arrived at the cpfc box office!!!

Palace Bear
03-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Very confused. Just logged in to renew can't see any pricing info and only gives me the option to join waiting list not to renew?

Yoda
03-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Very confused. Just logged in to renew can't see any pricing info and only gives me the option to join waiting list not to renew?

The email I've received states that current ST holders can renew from Saturday 4 Feb.

SeanPalace84
03-02-2017, 10:46 PM
I have season tickets in block A main stand but not keen, will I have any chance of moving?

Oli28
04-02-2017, 12:00 AM
I have season tickets in block A main stand but not keen, will I have any chance of moving?
Ask again at 5pm tomorrow

Norwich_Eagle
04-02-2017, 12:05 AM
I haven't received an email and cannot see anything on the website. This is frustrating.

EddieEdwards
04-02-2017, 12:22 AM
I haven't received an email and cannot see anything on the website. This is frustrating.http://www.cpfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/

Nth Kent Eagle
04-02-2017, 08:01 AM
I can't renew because I've been kicked out of my seat in the Arthur due to the need to find another 105 disabled spaces. We have to wait until April to see what's left.

Brumie Allan
04-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Q. Does my Season Ticket guarantee me a seat at all football matches at Selhurst Park?
A. No, your Season Ticket guarantees you a seat for home Premier League matches onlyDoes this mean that if we get relegated we won't be able to use the season ticket and will have to buy another one? Very sneaky :supergrin:Is this a whoosh, it mean your season ticket can not be used for cup games.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
04-02-2017, 09:26 AM
I can't renew because I've been kicked out of my seat in the Arthur due to the need to find another 105 disabled spaces. We have to wait until April to see what's left.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/lightweight-wheelchair

cpfc4evandeva
04-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Is this a whoosh, it mean your season ticket can not be used for cup games.

Yeah, just a bit of a whoosh.

Oli28
04-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Ah, thanks for clarifying

hdeagle
04-02-2017, 09:59 AM
There are likely to be less season tickets available due to the removal of seats to allow Palace to comply with the new disability rules applying to football grounds.

The authorities are pressing for points deductions for clubs that do not meet these requirements.

Starting a season on -8 points will be a huge setback for any club and this is the penalty being bandied about for non-compliance with the new disability requirements.

Keith Powell
04-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Have long term S/T holders got to reapply or will they automatically have there seats like in the past?

cranesparkeagle
04-02-2017, 11:40 AM

Can you rephrase. That seems to contradict itself

Skid Row
04-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Spy was been humorous saying that the season ticket is only valid for the Premier League so if we get relegated you will have to buy another one for the Championship.

Barbara4003
04-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Seems the prices for the Stephenson have been changed :)

spt1978
04-02-2017, 04:26 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/032/969/its_a_trap_poster-p228365920868431378t5ta_400.jpg

Nth Kent Eagle
04-02-2017, 04:55 PM
50% price cut after that crap.

spt1978
04-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Admire anyone who renews.

ST deserve a refund for this season.

Kevlon
04-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Bet renewals are going through the roof tonight!

Paying for a season ticket at the moment just feels like an extension of my mortgage or some kind of palace tax.

But I'll still renew. Blindly.

Yoda
04-02-2017, 06:55 PM
We'll renew, but I do feel these prices are high for Championship football.

The prospect of 4 more home matches for my money isn't making me feel better about it, not tonight anyway.

EagleSE24
04-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Really struggling with this. Baby number 2 on the way so it's more time than money, but it's just not fun any more. Looking at Hull's manager in absolute envy. Meanwhile we'll end up with Nigel Pearson managing next season.

racehorse-80s
04-02-2017, 08:11 PM
My main inspiration for renewing is the chance to get a ticket at the Amex but it looks like we will be swapping divisions .

Polak
04-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Renewed my season ticket plus my son's at 10:05 this morning on a wave of euphoria after the Bournemouth match. Then this afternoon happened. But this is Palace. Onwards and upwards.

old simmo
04-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Last one for me. that's enough. not worth the 130 mile round trip anymore, missed three or four home games anyway due to parking problems and having to drive straight home !!just so much hassle for constant disappointment.

crenoleagle
04-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Anyone know why the % discount due to restricted view has changed? Our seats used to be 30% off but for next season we've only been offered 20% off. The view hasn't got any better, in fact it's probably got worse!

racehorse-80s
04-02-2017, 09:26 PM
:confused:Anyone know why the % discount due to restricted view has changed? Our seats used to be 30% off but for next season we've only been offered 20% off. The view hasn't got any better, in fact it's probably got worse!

Some would consider a restricted view a premium seat this season :supergrin:

spt1978
04-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Anyone know why the % discount due to restricted view has changed? Our seats used to be 30% off but for next season we've only been offered 20% off. The view hasn't got any better, in fact it's probably got worse!

Wouldnt worry you can probably get a seat with a full view once we are relegated.

Nth Kent Eagle
04-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I wonder if all the touts in the Arthur will renew their season tickets?

Penstone Eagle
04-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Ripping fans off.

Should be big discounts for the shite we've been served up.

civil eagle
04-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Seems the prices for the Stephenson have been changed :)

We'll that's great for you babs

bern5161
04-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Yip. I noticed the change before kickoff

King William
05-02-2017, 04:55 AM
I wonder if all the touts in the Arthur will renew their season tickets?

Let's hope not

old git
05-02-2017, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=EagleSE24;13479127]Really struggling with this. Baby number 2 on the way so it's more time than money, but it's just not fun any more. Looking at Hull's manager in absolute envy. Meanwhile we'll end up with Nigel Pearson managing next season.[/QUOTE

Wrong thread sorry

pauldrulez
05-02-2017, 08:30 AM
There are likely to be less season tickets available due to the removal of seats to allow Palace to comply with the new disability rules applying to football grounds.

The authorities are pressing for points deductions for clubs that do not meet these requirements.

Starting a season on -8 points will be a huge setback for any club and this is the penalty being bandied about for non-compliance with the new disability requirements.

Do those rules apply to PL or FL clubs?

pauldrulez
05-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Tempted to bin the ST and go to all of the away games instead. Selhurst is poisonous, and the area's getting worse.

Players seem to play better away from home and appreciate the support.

Penstone Eagle
05-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Tempted to bin the ST and go to all of the away games instead. Selhurst is poisonous, and the area's getting worse.

If I was younger and or could justify the travel costs, and put up with all the tv fixture changes, I'd do the same.

Oli28
05-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Anyone in block E renewed yet? Wondering if it's true that the HF are getting moved.

racehorse-80s
05-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Anyone in block E renewed yet? Wondering if it's true that the HF are getting moved.

Hope not .

Yoda
05-02-2017, 10:19 AM

I believe this is what some of the die hard Chelsea fans do, to avoid the plastic atmos at the touristy Bridge.

Yoda
05-02-2017, 10:20 AM

I doubt Parish will want them any nearer to the tunnel now!

racehorse-80s
05-02-2017, 10:22 AM

Or the family section in J block

spt1978
05-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Sad thing is, I could see the club kicking other fans out of their seats to make room for them. This is the way we seem to be run at the moment.

Johnnieboy
05-02-2017, 10:36 AM

I'm in block E and the ticketing site is allowing me to renew my same seat. I haven't done so yet though.

RobertCPFC
05-02-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm in block E and the ticketing site is allowing me to renew my same seat. I haven't done so yet though.

Same with me.

MAX
05-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Renewed yesterday. Championship ready.
Leave home later, find a parking space, free tables in the fish & chip shop, proper supporters of my beloved football team and the odd victory.
Happy days.

racehorse-80s
05-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Renewed yesterday. Championship ready.
Leave home later, find a parking space, free tables in the fish & chip shop, proper supporters of my beloved football team and the odd victory.
Happy days.

Your bending me now to renew again :supergrin:

Matadam
05-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I have been quoted £500 this year for my season ticket, same price as last year in Arthur Wait. I don't get where the discount is coming from. I guess they are going to hike the prices later. How they have the face to do that with recent preformances I don't know!! So over £500 for Championship football.

Barbara4003
05-02-2017, 09:20 PM
I have been quoted £500 this year for my season ticket, same price as last year in Arthur Wait. I don't get where the discount is coming from. I guess they are going to hike the prices later. How they have the face to do that with recent preformances I don't know!! So over £500 for Championship football.

As every year, you get the frozen price as an early bird. Cost goes up the later you renew - pretty standard really.

Nobody is forcing anybody to renew. If people don't want to pay £500+ to watch Palace, then they don't have to. Plus, we're not relegated yet and may not be.

stamford triumph
05-02-2017, 09:30 PM
As every year, you get the frozen price as an early bird. Cost goes up the later you renew - pretty standard really.

Nobody is forcing anybody to renew. If people don't want to pay £500+ to watch Palace, then they don't have to. Plus, we're not relegated yet and may not be.

I have asked my fellow BBSers to come up with alternative options for Saturday's. The trouble is no one has come up with anything better for me to do so it looks like I will just have to renew again. Oh well.

Barbara4003
05-02-2017, 11:24 PM
I have asked my fellow BBSers to come up with alternative options for Saturday's. The trouble is no one has come up with anything better for me to do so it looks like I will just have to renew again. Oh well.

Gets me out of ironing and hoovering on a Saturday, so I'll definitely be renewing ;)

Am Phibian
05-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Exeter city is £21 a game for a seat so £483 over the season. However, they do score goals, entertain and win home matches albeit all happening only since November.

Wolfnipplechips
05-02-2017, 11:35 PM
I'm going to Boreham Wood to watch Sutton replay in the FA trophy on Tuesday.....£18

Gazza2
05-02-2017, 11:37 PM
If we go down/are still in relegation zone then the deadline will be extended and extended again.

Nostrils
06-02-2017, 07:55 AM

I kind of had my wish granted, but not at all how I wanted :sob:.

Just noticed an unopened email telling me we've got to move anyway due to the disabled seating increase. I'm going to be on edge now as I've got to get two together and have a feeling, if we do stay up, I'll end up getting singles. Nobody's fault exactly, just a bit typical of how thing seem to be going recently...

cpfc4evandeva
06-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Exeter city is £21 a game for a seat so £483 over the season. However, they do score goals, entertain and win home matches albeit all happening only since November.

Their Big Bank stand, which is their equivelant of the Holmesdale is £299 for a season ticket. That's £13 a game.

Dorking .Eagle
06-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Out of interest which block(s) and row(s) are people in that are affected by the disabled increase?

I'm guessing Arthur Wait rows 36/37/38?

Nostrils
06-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Out of interest which block(s) and row(s) are people in that are affected by the disabled increase?

Yup, we're in V.

Bizarro
06-02-2017, 09:21 AM
If we don't improve by the first deadline, I probably won't renew. I won't be able to do all the midweek championship games, so it won't be worth it. Plenty of good away games in that league so I'll do them instead.

Am Phibian
06-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Their Big Bank stand, which is their equivelant of the Holmesdale is £299 for a season ticket. That's £13 a game.

Big Bank is terracing £17 on the day and not all the fans have season tickets, I go along occasionally, but I get your gist. It's great fun. Keeps the flame burning in my football soul.

old git
06-02-2017, 02:06 PM
I kind of had my wish granted, but not at all how I wanted :sob:.

Just noticed an unopened email telling me we've got to move anyway due to the disabled seating increase. I'm going to be on edge now as I've got to get two together and have a feeling, if we do stay up, I'll end up getting singles. Nobody's fault exactly, just a bit typical of how thing seem to be going recently...

There will be plenty available next season.:p

cpfc4evandeva
06-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Big Bank is terracing £17 on the day and not all the fans have season tickets, I go along occasionally, but I get your gist. It's great fun. Keeps the flame burning in my football soul.

Right, but comparing single tickets and season tickets is comparing apples and oranges.

Our on the day ticket costs are about £35, plus of course compulsory £25 membership.

Am Phibian
06-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Right, but comparing single tickets and season tickets is comparing apples and oranges.

Our on the day ticket costs are about £35, plus of course compulsory £25 membership.

I was comparing costs overall for the season. Palace season ticket make's it what? an average of £26 or thereabouts in The Holmesdale. An Exeter fan who doesn't go to all the games, say 16 out of the 23, and sits in their Newest Stand at £24 a pop is paying around just £100 less and for three games less.

Exeter's crowd is only around 40% season ticket holder when 4,000 home fans in attendance unlike Palace's is 75% when 22,500 are there so plenty of the former do pay on the day and don't get the discount like myself.

Nth Kent Eagle
06-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Right now the football is just not enjoyable. I'm also a little bit humpy about the feeling we're being treated as profit centres rather than fans. What I mean by that is decisions like the City cup game where instead of using it as opportunity to bring in new fans they charged £25. Revenue maximisation rather than building for the future.

cpfc4evandeva
06-02-2017, 04:22 PM
I was comparing costs overall for the season. Palace season ticket make's it what? an average of £26 or thereabouts in The Holmesdale. An Exeter fan who doesn't go to all the games, say 16 out of the 23, and sits in their Newest Stand at £24 a pop is paying around just £100 less and for three games less.

Exeter's crowd is only around 40% season ticket holder when 4,000 home fans in attendance unlike Palace's is 75% when 22,500 are there so plenty of the former do pay on the day and don't get the discount like myself.

I'm really at a loss but I'll try it again:

Comparing season ticket costs with single ticket costs is comparing apples and oranges. What part of that are you struggling to understand?

Am Phibian
06-02-2017, 07:06 PM
of I'm really at a loss but I'll try it again:

Comparing season ticket costs with single ticket costs is comparing apples and oranges. What part of that are you struggling to understand?

The bit where you explain why it is so different financially if two fans end up paying roughly the same over the season for a similar amount of games for their respective clubs, as per my example, but one has a season ticket and one doesn't.

Off you go...

p.s " comparing apples and oranges" (wtf does that mean? They are both fruits and they have a lot other specific things in common or has someone been telling porkies and one is a vegetable. Like the tomato.)

Chillo
06-02-2017, 11:21 PM

Ok, so a couple of points from me:-

1. In most years, there has been a form to fill in containing the relevant details - name, address, seat number(s), payment details etc.

I cannot see that at all anywhere; can anyone help?

2. The links from the above for the ST FAQ and ST waiting list FAQ both lead to the ST FAQs.

HOVE EAGLE
07-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Trying to buy online but can't
May change my mind in the next 15 mins
Do this club really care about fans
Useless!

cpfc4evandeva
07-02-2017, 11:12 AM
p.s " comparing apples and oranges" (wtf does that mean? They are both fruits and they have a lot other specific things in common or has someone been telling porkies and one is a vegetable. Like the tomato.)

1) Have you never heard that phrase?

2) Do you seriously not understand what it means?

cpfc4evandeva
07-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Back on to our season ticket prices:

Why do the club think it's necessary to charge us full whack for something that won't even start for at least 5 months?

When Jordan started doing this, it was because he and the club had serious issues with cash flow. Do any other Premier League clubs ask for cash up front by the end of February for next year's season ticket? It's another way to piss off loyal fans.

Also, surely no one still believes the marketing spin that buying early is at a 'reduced rate'? The season ticket is not like a product sold in a supermarket that has an RRP. It's like those fools that buy TVs they don't need because Currys tell them it's 50% off - despite the fact that it's never been sold at the full price advertised.

If you buy early, you are buying at Price A. If you buy later, you're buying at Price A + interest.

scro
07-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Back on to our season ticket prices:

Why do the club think it's necessary to charge us full whack for something that won't even start for at least 5 months?

When Jordan started doing this, it was because he and the club had serious issues with cash flow. Do any other Premier League clubs ask for cash up front by the end of February for next year's season ticket? It's another way to piss off loyal fans.

Also, surely no one still believes the marketing spin that buying early is at a 'reduced rate'? The season ticket is not like a product sold in a supermarket that has an RRP. It's like those fools that buy TVs they don't need because Currys tell them it's 50% off - despite the fact that it's never been sold at the full price advertised.

If you buy early, you are buying at Price A. If you buy later, you're buying at Price A + interest.

Fools that believe the curry's aren't breaking the law?

scro
07-02-2017, 11:33 AM
I assume the inevitable relegation we are approaching will not do much to the renewal numbers. I hope it does however as i would like to move to the main stand.

cpfc4evandeva
07-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Fools that believe the curry's aren't breaking the law?

Eh? They get round the rules by having the TV at 'full price' for about a day or two, then suddenly it's 50% off or whatever. It's a well known practice, but people just love those big red signs that say 50% next to a new TV.

old git
07-02-2017, 12:50 PM
I assume the inevitable relegation we are approaching will not do much to the renewal numbers. I hope it does however as i would like to move to the main stand.

We will probably lose 2-3000 glory hunters that only come for the premier league.

liberal clubber
07-02-2017, 08:26 PM
make that 7,000 glory hunters

liberal clubber
07-02-2017, 08:27 PM
in the arfur-championship football = tea and a wee at half time
premier = wee miss 10 minutes no tea bit of wee on trousers :(

SeanPalace84
07-02-2017, 08:29 PM
At least relegation means I can swap seats, chose a crap area last season.

crenoleagle
07-02-2017, 08:32 PM

I'm trying to picture it but can't quite work it out. Are they the front rows of the 'back section' or the back rows of the 'front section' in the Arthur? I currently stand in row 47 of W and wondering what effect the disabled section will have up there (if any).

Dorking .Eagle
07-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Hard to explain but straight in front of you as you come thought the little tunnels from the food and drink concourse. So not the very back sections, just in front of those.

Nth Kent Eagle
07-02-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm trying to picture it but can't quite work it out. Are they the front rows of the 'back section' or the back rows of the 'front section' in the Arthur? I currently stand in row 47 of W and wondering what effect the disabled section will have up there (if any).

It is the back row or rows of the front section.

Nth Kent Eagle
07-02-2017, 08:51 PM
We will probably lose 2-3000 glory hunters that only come for the premier league.

A lot of touts in the Arthur must be agonising over whether to renew.

laggin
08-02-2017, 02:57 AM
Can you rephrase. That seems to contradict itself

loyal fans who have had enough of what the premier league has done to this club with its matchday experience, ie preferential treatment of away fans, light shows and tourists. if we go down then these 3 examples should disappear from selhurst

laggin
08-02-2017, 02:59 AM
Renew by 3rd April or you lose your seat.

Complete piss take. Absolutely outrageous way to treat your most valuable customers.

have to agree its a very poor strategy that no other club would dare attempt. but the board wont worry the prospect at losing another loyal fan as a JCL or tourist will simply take advantage, unless we go down of course

PeterH
08-02-2017, 03:42 AM
Then they can revitalise the 'Born in South London' policy that has gone by the wayside...

Won't be kidding anyone with it this time around though.

Far East Eagle
08-02-2017, 03:51 AM
Just had a look at the official website, you have to pay a tenner just to go onto the waiting list for season tickets! what do they need a tenner for? The club are such money sucking leeches aren't they supposed to be '4 fans'? wankers

cpfc4evandeva
08-02-2017, 09:25 AM
have to agree its a very poor strategy that no other club would dare attempt. but the board wont worry the prospect at losing another loyal fan as a JCL or tourist will simply take advantage, unless we go down of course

Yep.

The club aren't even seeming to hide their complete apathy towards us any more. It's a simple case that anyone who doesn't renew can just be replaced by a tourist buying tickets at £40 a pop.

If the Premier League was a closed shop and relegation didn't exist, it would make some business sense. But the threat of relegation should at least make them think that this strategy is terrible in the long-term. Whether it's this season, next or in 10 years time, we will eventually get relegated.

Once that happens, the club can say goodbye to the tourists. All of those local long-term Palace fans they've pissed off though, won't come back so quickly.

jmemour
08-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Not being funny, our ST prices haven't moved for 4 years in the Prem. They're very competitive when you look at the rest of the league. What exactly are people moaning about? I know when fans' teams lose a few games they think the world is going to end, but seriously the board aren't going to cut prices because of it. Especially with the threat of relegation, because in the league below we need the money to be a success. The board can never win.

cpfc4evandeva
08-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Not being funny, our ST prices haven't moved for 4 years in the Prem. They're very competitive when you look at the rest of the league. What exactly are people moaning about? I know when fans' teams lose a few games they think the world is going to end, but seriously the board aren't going to cut prices because of it. Especially with the threat of relegation, because in the league below we need the money to be a success. The board can never win.

I'm moaning because I don't want to pay up front for something now, that I'm not even going to start receiving until August.

As said earlier, Jordan did this when the club were skint. We're not skint any more so it seems like a bit of a pisstake.

I think the price freezes are good on one hand but not that amazing once you weigh everything up. How much has the club's revenues increased by in the last 4 years? Ten-fold?

CamberleyEagle
08-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Lot of wee on shoes and socks too.

in the arfur-championship football = tea and a wee at half time
premier = wee miss 10 minutes no tea bit of wee on trousers :(

Skintagain
08-02-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm moaning because I don't want to pay up front for something now, that I'm not even going to start receiving until August.

As said earlier, Jordan did this when the club were skint. We're not skint any more so it seems like a bit of a pisstake.

I think the price freezes are good on one hand but not that amazing once you weigh everything up. How much has the club's revenues increased by in the last 4 years? Ten-fold?

Stop moaning and get it, I'm getting mine this month to get the full discount. After all if we go down (and that's looking more likely now) you get 4 more games and we might a have a chance of winning a few.
Those poxy fan facing electronic advertising boards will go, the yanks will foxtrot oscar, the phish in the bogs won't be as deep to wade through. You'll be able to park nearer the ground.
And as the crowd declines it will slowly dawn on the board we're doing them a favour not the other way around.
Might even get Browett back, though I expect he's had enough too.

Although I'd prefer to stay in the prem I'm not overly worried about relegation.

Gazza2
08-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Football stats books show that after relegation from the Prem average gates tend to fall by:

Year 1 = 5k (some of the reduction is due to smaller away followings)
Years 2 & 3 = 3.5k over the 2 years (all home fans)
Year 4 = 1.5k (all home fans)
Then crowds remain at broadly same level (as I guess you are down to core support).

I checked and Palace average gates did drop by almost exactly the amounts quoted above when we were last relegated. So a 10k reduction can be expected over 4 years with crowds stabilizing eventually at 14 to 15k in Championship.

Yoda
08-02-2017, 01:10 PM

Our STs in the Main Stand have increased considerably since promotion.

To a certain degree I expected that, but it's not correct to say that ST prices haven't moved.

Palace Bear
08-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Just had a look at the official website, you have to pay a tenner just to go onto the waiting list for season tickets! what do they need a tenner for? The club are such money sucking leeches aren't they supposed to be '4 fans'? wankers

I expect that is to stop people just going on the waiting list just in case they decide they want one. £10 shows a bit of commitment that you actually want to be on there for definite.

I suspect most people likely to join waiting list are probably already attending a few games, so are likely in turn to be members given the purchasing policy these days, so perhaps a nice compromise would be to make it free for paid up members to go on waiting list.

EagleSE24
08-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Does the £10 get deducted from the cost of the ticket?

cjcpfc
08-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Our STs in the Main Stand have increased considerably since promotion.

To a certain degree I expected that, but it's not correct to say that ST prices haven't moved.

I sit in Main Stand pay by DD its been £52 a month last 2 seasons and will be next year.

Prior to that is was around £45 or in full at around £450

AMP
08-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Then they can revitalise the 'Born in South London' policy that has gone by the wayside...

Won't be kidding anyone with it this time around though.

they will also be throwing out free half year season tickets again

Clinton100
08-02-2017, 01:59 PM

I'd imagine it's to stop people just signing up with no real interest in actually buying one. The £10 is deducted from the season ticket price. Perfectly reasonable IMO.

Yoda
08-02-2017, 02:33 PM
I sit in Main Stand pay by DD its been £52 a month last 2 seasons and will be next year.

Prior to that is was around £45 or in full at around £450

Last year in Championship I recall our three STs totalled about £1,100, and now they're about £1,600.

I don't expect a price freeze, especially on promotion, but that's quite a rise in 4 years. Others talk about their price freezes as if this is universal across the stadium, but it hasn't been.

Still, at least we have decent plumbing in our stand.

cpfc4evandeva
08-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Stop moaning and get it, I'm getting mine this month to get the full discount. After all if we go down (and that's looking more likely now) you get 4 more games and we might a have a chance of winning a few.
Those poxy fan facing electronic advertising boards will go, the yanks will foxtrot oscar, the phish in the bogs won't be as deep to wade through. You'll be able to park nearer the ground.
And as the crowd declines it will slowly dawn on the board we're doing them a favour not the other way around.

Although I'd prefer to stay in the prem I'm not overly worried about relegation.

I probably will renew, but I'm going to have a moan because right now it feels like the club doesn't give a **** about us.

If we go down, I will more than likely enjoy my day out more. I'll be gutted to see Brighton pass us though - they are going to go up :(

As for the 14/15k crowd numbers quoted - that would have been my guess at our average gates in the Championship after a year or two. BUT... If the seeming lack of appreciation towards long term fans continues with Premier League football, I'd wager that 10k could well end up being a more stable figure.

jmemour
09-02-2017, 10:01 AM

It's always been this way, though. I've always renewed in the Spring to keep my seat for the following season. Doesn't matter if we're skint or not, they need to sort ST sales early so they can actually get them out in time. In your world you'd pay on 1st August, keep your seat (at risk of lost revenue to the club) and then moan when your ST isn't administered and with you for the first game of the season.

Bit in bold is daft, we're in our fourth season in the Premier League and your season ticket has never increased in price and you're still moaning? Just admit it's because the home form is shit. If we were on a winning run, you'd pay. Get over yourself.

cpfc4evandeva
09-02-2017, 11:24 AM
You're completely incorrect on both counts, so bravo on that.

1) Jordan introduced the paying early thing, and imposing financial penalties if you had the audacity to not want to pay for something so ludicrously early. 5 months in advance for the best price is mental.

2) The same cards are being used next year - no scrabbling around and hoping that the post arrives on time which is great. It also throws your bizarre theory of 'We must pay by early March, because less than 5 months lead time isn't adequate to send out up to 20,000 season tickets' out the window though.

The club's home form is a disgrace but I'm more concerned by how unenjoyable other aspects of the 'experience' is. Light shows, tourists that don't care about the club, mercenaries on the pitch who care even less than the tourists do.

Prince Phillip
09-02-2017, 12:07 PM
"Same cards next year?" What a dull, charmless penny-pinch by the Club that sounds like.

Despite the traditional postal-timescale hysteria each August it is actually quite nice to receive a letter from the club with your fresh ST card and various bits of Red & Blue bumf. Albeit a mass-mail, it's still a vital and much-anticipated line of communication between the Club and ST holder.

It just smacks of being taken completely for granted. You really do get a more personalised experience as an Away fan at Selhurst Park.

Strange days indeed.

cpfc4evandeva
09-02-2017, 12:52 PM
I actually think it's a good idea - I've had my season ticket through 2 days before the start of the season before and many on here never received it at all.

I get what you mean about the letter but I don't care too much. I'm bored of reading the nonsense like 'We're really up for it this year and there has been some work on the ground over the Summer - the Holmesdale toilets have painted a new shade of white.'

racehorse-80s
09-02-2017, 03:23 PM
If we go down and you purchased before the date that was known a few food and drink vouchers wouldn't go a miss , In return for your loyalty .

old git
09-02-2017, 03:44 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

This will probably reopen .

Dorking .Eagle
09-02-2017, 05:46 PM

There used to be 2 things guaranteed to get Steve Browett to post on here-

Slag off the season ticket prices,
Slag off the beer in the ground

To be fair, I don't think you could reasonably complain about either at the moment, so no real prospect of him posting any time soon, and to be honest I don't blame him for steering well clear either.

palace72
09-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Used to be 28 consecutive days in the previous 6 months when i worked for them,but your right,it was just a con for mugs to think they were getting 50% off

palace72
09-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Used to be 28 consecutive days in the previous 6 months when i worked for them,but your right,it was just a con for mugs to think they were getting 50% off
Currys sales offers that is,not Palaces season ticket offer

laughing_gravy
10-02-2017, 04:20 PM

I assume we have to renew in current seats, then wait until 3rd April to see where else is available?

Selhurst Celtic
10-02-2017, 04:23 PM

I'm guessing the seats you moved to face the pitch?

Dog & Bull Bri
11-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Not renewing next year as I can't afford it.

Stroud Eagle
11-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Not renewing my 3 seats next year.The 280 mile round trip has become unenjoyable.Im joining maestro and the rest of you .Free football.I can moan all I like.

SE5eagle
11-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Understand how you feel, but there won't be streams in the championship.

liberal clubber
19-02-2017, 08:49 PM
so, we are looking more likely than ever to go down.
will steve p extend the bargain feb special rates?
I reckon he will

Bizarro
19-02-2017, 08:54 PM
If we don't beat boro I think he'll have to. Im probably going to renew but am concerned about the amount of games I'll miss in the championship.

rambo1
19-02-2017, 09:13 PM
I reckon he will

Already bought Mine.
We're Staying up.

west country boy
19-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Presumably Burton Albion will be category A next season?

ebyeeckeagle
19-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Presumably Burton Albion will be category A next season?

Only available if you also purchase Barnsley tickets too.

Gazza2
20-02-2017, 10:46 AM
I reckon he will

If we go down / look like we are going down then current prices will extended and extended and will eventually be the final prices IMHO.

racehorse-80s
20-02-2017, 10:55 AM
I reckon he will

Depends how many have renewed , I should think numbers are down on previous years .
I can see the deadline passing with many forgetting to renew and then not bothering at the higher prices . It's arguable if you are getting a discount on the price of your season ticket or paying a higher Tariff on season tickets if you cannot afford to pay early . The full prices will look high for the championship if we are relegated .

HRP
20-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Depends how many have renewed , I should think numbers are down on previous years .
I can see the deadline passing with many forgetting to renew and then not bothering at the higher prices . It's arguable if you are getting a discount on the price of your season ticket or paying a higher Tariff on season tickets if you cannot afford to pay early . The full prices will look high for the championship if we are relegated .

But you get an extra 5 home games that will probably be Friday nights or some ridiculous time on a bank holiday

Penstone Eagle
20-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Extra midweek games, as much as I like evening games, are not easy for some of us to travel to.

I'm not renewing early, probably wait and do direct debit this time, not renewing at all would break a habit of over 30 years, but championship football at these prices and not able to benefit from attending the extra games, hmmmm, bit more thought needed I think.

liberal clubber
22-02-2017, 10:53 PM
agree penstone, you may need more thought, let's hope marketing genius Parish gives it some serious thinking too

jake5
23-02-2017, 12:14 PM
At least some people won't have the problem of cards being sent out late/not arriving. They're simply authorising this seasons again , makes sense i suppose !

scro
23-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Still charging for the use of a credit card i see. Shitty.

Nigelbrag
23-02-2017, 12:30 PM
I feel to soften the blow of relegation (if it were to happen) the club may reduce match day prices slightly but make buying season tickets much more attractive with good discounts.

Owngoal
23-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Gives you a bit of protection if the club go bust......

cpfc@eastbourne
23-02-2017, 12:33 PM
just should not be this early and ahead of start of next season, whatever division we are in, it is a carry over from SJ's days and really no need for it

Big Al
23-02-2017, 12:47 PM
At least some people won't have the problem of cards being sent out late/not arriving. They're simply authorising this seasons again , makes sense i suppose !

Can't imagine anything going wrong with that.

Stavros 69
23-02-2017, 12:55 PM

No Amex either. :jerkit:

Palace Bear
23-02-2017, 12:58 PM

Seems appropriate.

redandblue
23-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Renewing my daughters so that I can upgrade when I want to go not renewing mine first time in 20 years plus

King William
23-02-2017, 01:45 PM

perfectly acceptable not to use Amex

disco mixx kidd
23-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Spur of the moment I popped in to renew mine and my lads, they refused to accept a chq,that is plain embarrassing

brighton_eagle
23-02-2017, 02:44 PM

High swipe fees.

jake5
23-02-2017, 03:04 PM
I feel to soften the blow of relegation (if it were to happen) the club may reduce match day prices slightly but make buying season tickets much more attractive with good discounts.

Surely the best discount should be for people who renew before next week ?

Selhurst Celtic
23-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Gives you a bit of protection if the club go bust.

:D

NorthPalace23
25-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Was always going to renew, but I must admit I didn't realise until they advertised it on the big screen that we haven't got a long time left to do so at the lower prices.

Michael G
26-02-2017, 05:31 PM
At what stage are existing season ticket holders seats released for general purchase

EddieEdwards
26-02-2017, 06:17 PM
At what stage are existing season ticket holders seats released for general purchaseThe "save your seat" deadline is Monday 3rd April so presumably any non-renewed seats would be released shortly after that.

Michael G
26-02-2017, 08:30 PM
The "save your seat" deadline is Monday 3rd April so presumably any non-renewed seats would be released shortly after that.

Ok cheers

Big Al
26-02-2017, 08:36 PM
The "save your seat" deadline is Monday 3rd April so presumably any non-renewed seats would be released shortly after that.

Disgusting.