PDA

View Full Version : Stoke (away) Saturday 11th February 3pm - POTD

Chillo
09-01-2017, 12:06 AM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-away-match-at-stoke-city-will-be-a-palace-on-tour-day-for-the-fans.-3508754.aspx

Free coaches for all STs and members

Coaches leaving at 9am

Adults 25, concessions 19, 15 and 12

What is there to complain about?! :cool:

deftones_eagle
09-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Nice one. Already sorted train tickets for this. Reasonable ticket prices :p

Penstone Eagle
09-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Nice one. Already sorted train tickets for this. Reasonable ticket prices :p

Booked train a few weeks ago, wouldn't have used free coaches anyway

deftones_eagle
09-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Booked train a few weeks ago, wouldn't have used free coaches anyway

Managed to get train tickets (with rail card) with rail card for about 25 return.

scro
09-01-2017, 01:17 PM
forgot about this... so thanks for the reminder. Booked the train today. Still don't quite feel brave enough to go for the 17:15 even though i have been there in time for that every season since we got promoted.

Penstone Eagle
09-01-2017, 01:50 PM
forgot about this... so thanks for the reminder. Booked the train today. Still don't quite feel brave enough to go for the 17:15 even though i have been there in time for that every season since we got promoted.

always gone for the 18.12 I think it is, but realised the 17.50 is achievable, don't think I'd ever go for the 17.15

Penstone Eagle
09-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Managed to get train tickets (with rail card) with rail card for about 25 return.

That's good, no rail card for me so I think it was 50 return, but that's first class on the way back

deftones_eagle
09-01-2017, 01:55 PM
That's good, no rail card for me so I think it was 50 return, but that's first class on the way back

First class weekend upgrade on the day for 10 with virgin. Will be on this.

scro
10-01-2017, 08:31 AM
always gone for the 18.12 I think it is, but realised the 17.50 is achievable, don't think I'd ever go for the 17.15

We have been there very quickly in the past. Always easily for the 17:50 (which we are on this time).

The busses getting to the ground always seem to be more hassle than getting back.

scro
10-01-2017, 08:32 AM
First class weekend upgrade on the day for 10 with virgin. Will be on this.

Is this always the case (wherever you are going and provided it's not full)?

Oli28
10-01-2017, 09:51 AM
On virgin, yes. Weekdays it's 25 I think.

NYEagle
10-01-2017, 10:17 AM

You can always stop off at the hotel bar across from the train station. Watched the England-Scotland rugby match in there the other year. Good bar and reasonably priced.

deftones_eagle
10-01-2017, 10:56 AM

Yes, I think the price may increase to 15 if you're going further north. Just take a seat in first class and they'll just charge you the extra. Always worth doing when it's busy.

Penstone Eagle
10-01-2017, 10:57 AM
We have been there very quickly in the past. Always easily for the 17:50 (which we are on this time).

The busses getting to the ground always seem to be more hassle than getting back.

Always walk by the canal myself, hoping the canal boat with a bar is moored up again.

SKATE
10-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Damn forgot to get train tickets for this - now its min 45 with rail card unless you do the stupid times and 3 hour journey. So it's free coach or not at all...mmmmm

CPFC_Fan
10-01-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm on the London Midlands going up there. Only takes 40 odd mins longer and was only a tenner. Way back on Virgin though. Screw waiting around. On the 17:50 back. I really dislike the coach travel.

Penstone Eagle
10-01-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm on the London Midlands going up there. Only takes 40 odd mins longer and was only a tenner. Way back on Virgin though. Screw waiting around. On the 17:50 back. I really dislike the coach travel.

nearly did the same but when I booked it was only a few more quid to go up on Virgin, as you say though it isn't a great deal longer and if it's a lot cheaper then makes sense

Penstone Eagle
10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
only showing block 40 available on-line at the moment, anybody been to or spoken to the box office know if 39 is available direct from the BO please

smudgerseagles
10-01-2017, 06:36 PM
only showing block 40 available on-line at the moment, anybody been to or spoken to the box office know if 39 is available direct from the BO please

Spoke to the BO this pm and they said that under instruction from Stoke they are selling block 40 first before they open the others

Penstone Eagle
10-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Spoke to the BO this pm and they said that under instruction from Stoke they are selling block 40 first before they open the others

ok, thanks for this, will wait a little longer then, was on the end of 39 next to 38 last season and that was ok.

The_Mole
10-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Is POTD now just a byword/term for free coach travel now?

I thought it was originally designed to be one usually poorly attended away day, where everyone made the effort to make it into a big day in terms of numbers, support, noise etc?

And wasn't Hull already designated POTD? And if so, shouldn't they be called POTDs? :D

sherstonpalace
10-01-2017, 07:05 PM
ok, thanks for this, will wait a little longer then, was on the end of 39 next to 38 last season and that was ok.

Seems grossly unfair that the earlier you book the worse your seat is - this happened for Swansea as well.

Penstone Eagle
10-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Seems grossly unfair that the earlier you book the worse your seat is - this happened for Swansea as well.

I agree

RobertCPFC
10-01-2017, 08:08 PM

I thought it was originally designed to be one usually poorly attended away day, where everyone made the effort to make it into a big day in terms of numbers, support, noise etc?

And wasn't Hull already designated POTD? And if so, shouldn't they be called POTDs? :D

The term POTD doesn't seem to mean much now. As you say they called it that for Hull and the only different thing compared to normal was free travel. I also haven't heard anything from the supporters trust when in previous years they have done a lot for it.

Mad Raschic Ken
10-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Tried a few times to book seats today, but nothing above row 6 has come up so far. Will wait for something better.

deftones_eagle
11-01-2017, 12:44 AM

On the same one. 1st class was only 4 more expensive going up. Same virgin train going home as well.

scro
11-01-2017, 07:33 AM

I understand why it happens but it is a rather irritating quirk of the home team trying to ensure they sell as many tickets as possible. If we only sold block 40 they could make the other blocks available for their own fans.

FourtyTwo
11-01-2017, 08:13 AM
Tried a few times to book seats today, but nothing above row 6 has come up so far. Will wait for something better.

That would suit me - got my daughter and Dad coming for this one, and both prefer to sit! Just worried that by tomorrow we'll be in the middle of a block :(

mether
11-01-2017, 08:54 AM

How can stoke tell palace how to sell the tickets. I take it Palace took its full allocation seeing as its POTD.

scro
11-01-2017, 09:24 AM
How can stoke tell palace how to sell the tickets. I take it Palace took its full allocation seeing as its POTD.

I assume they do try and sell them if we haven't and then don't charge the club for them if they are succesful.. or perhaps it's just a case of increasing the segregation in the event of us not selling out.

It's rubbish that you have to time your run. Pretty common though for away games.

pallet
11-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Yes back in the good/bad of days of the championship it was an idea to take more support to an away in the season what was badly attended. Then with the Premshit money for fans, the club gave free travel to one game a season so hence the two became the same thing.
Waste of time now, as all games are well attended and the club only give the money as they have too not because they want to.

scro
11-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Yes back in the good/bad of days of the championship it was an idea to take more support to an away in the season what was badly attended. Then with the Premshit money for fans, the club gave free travel to one game a season so hence the two became the same thing.
Waste of time now, as all games are well attended and the club only give the money as they have too not because they want to.

The gift of free coach travel from the stadium car park.. and i thought some of the christmas presents i received were shit.

Penstone Eagle
11-01-2017, 09:57 AM
I assume they do try and sell them if we haven't and then don't charge the club for them if they are succesful.. or perhaps it's just a case of increasing the segregation in the event of us not selling out.

It's rubbish that you have to time your run. Pretty common though for away games.

It can only be for these reasons, bloody annoying though.

Shipsisourking
11-01-2017, 10:25 AM
We've been in block 40 for the last few games and it's a bit shitty, Chungy coming over towards us when he scored and us shouting rather naughty words at Mark Hughes made up for the area last season though.

Chillo
11-01-2017, 10:33 AM
The gift of free coach travel from the stadium car park.. and i thought some of the Christmas presents i received were shit.

Well I used the coach for Hull and was pleasantly surprised that it was better than the last time I used the coach (2001 to Liverpool for the league cup semi final).

So, free coach travel isn't compulsory, you know.

Justy C
11-01-2017, 10:56 AM
We've been in block 40 for the last few games and it's a bit shitty, Chungy coming over towards us when he scored and us shouting rather naughty words at Mark Hughes made up for the area last season though.

Out of interest, what's so bad about Block 40? Is it in the corner rather than central? Just got 3 in Row 10.

Chillo
11-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Out of interest, what's so bad about Block 40? Is it in the corner rather than central? Just got 3 in Row 10.

Block 40 is the furthest on the left, by the LHS corner flag.

The first few columns are to the left of the line on the LHS of the pitch, but the view is unrestricted. I was there two-three years ago.

However, it is nearest to the tunnel, so we'll be expecting plenty of abuse to the Stoke players at half time :p

sherstonpalace
11-01-2017, 11:17 AM

It's just that you're so much more central in 39. Superb spot to be in when Chungy picks up a loose ball just outside the box in the 91st minute and rifles it first time into the keeper's top right corner. I'm prepared to bet the same thing won't happen if I'm in block 40.....

Shipsisourking
11-01-2017, 11:38 AM

Nothing to bad, but you are quite low down and there is no protection from the weather. Believe me when I say it gets bastard cold round here, I live 10 minutes from the Britannia.

I'm gonna wait and try to get tickets a bit further back.

Chillo
11-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Superb spot to be in when Chungy picks up a loose ball just outside the box in the 91st minute and rifles it first time into the keeper's top right corner. I'm prepared to bet the same thing won't happen if I'm in block 40.....

My son's poised to record it for Youtube and to be shown on Soccer AM again :p

JannerEagle
11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Block 40 is the furthest on the left, by the LHS corner flag.

The first few columns are to the left of the line on the LHS of the pitch, but the view is unrestricted. I was there two-three years ago.

However, it is nearest to the tunnel, so we'll be expecting plenty of abuse to the Stoke players at half time :p

My view from front of block 40!! :sob:

Penstone Eagle
11-01-2017, 02:11 PM
My view from front of block 40!! :sob:

problem is with that block is that if you're on the left hand side of it you are beyond the width of the playing area, bloody drafty too

scro
11-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Well I used the coach for Hull and was pleasantly surprised that it was better than the last time I used the coach (2001 to Liverpool for the league cup semi final).

So, free coach travel isn't compulsory, you know.

I am sure it's fine if you live close to Selhurst and don't mind taking an age to get there. The problem i have with it is the lack of variation the club offers. There is a budget to help fans that travel to away games. However they only ever use the free coach travel gift. Why not a few quid off the ticket price instead now and then so those of us who travel regularly but never by coach can feel the love?

Penstone Eagle
11-01-2017, 02:39 PM
My son and daughter (teenagers at the time) made use of free coach travel once, they got there early and were on coach 1, they made the mistake of selecting seats near the front which was a preference as my daughter suffers a bit from travel sickness, "oi that' so and so's seat, you'll have to move", so, feeling intimated they did.

Precious prick and a bully, whoever you were

scro
11-01-2017, 02:42 PM
My son and daughter (teenagers at the time) made use of free coach travel once, they got there early and were on coach 1, they made the mistake of selecting seats near the front which was a preference as my daughter suffers a bit from travel sickness, "oi that' so and so's seat, you'll have to move", so, feeling intimated they did.

Precious prick and a bully, whoever you were

Revenge of the nerds.

Penstone Eagle
11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
still only block 40 available then ?

meee
11-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Always walk by the canal myself, hoping the canal boat with a bar is moored up again.

It's one hell of a walk that.I ran back for the train last season.Just about made the 17:25 to Manchester I think but only because it was late.Will definitely get the bus this time if I go.

Penstone Eagle
11-01-2017, 03:16 PM
It's one hell of a walk that.I ran back for the train last season.Just about made the 17:25 to Manchester I think but only because it was late.Will definitely get the bus this time if I go.

It is, but can comfortably make the 17.50 under my own steam rather being squashed in with a load of pissed up and sweaty Palace fans after a defeat :D

Shipsisourking
11-01-2017, 04:19 PM
just got 3 in block 40, row 22 so fingers crossed it'll be out of the rain a bit.

orp pisshead1
11-01-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-away-match-at-stoke-city-will-be-a-palace-on-tour-day-for-the-fans.-3508754.aspx

Free coaches for all STs and members

Coaches leaving at 9am

Adults 25, concessions 19, 15 and 12

Fair play & respect to stoke city at those prices:p.

Ade 70
11-01-2017, 05:33 PM

Am on the 17:28 back to London - seem to remember it taking about 30 mins to walk last time - will the bus definitely get back in time or could it be delayed in traffic?

Asking only because I'd prefer to not run-walk it if the bus is a guaranteed option :p

jmemour
11-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Am on the 17:28 back to London - seem to remember it taking about 30 mins to walk last time - will the bus definitely get back in time or could it be delayed in traffic?

Asking only because I'd prefer to not run-walk it if the bus is a guaranteed option :p

We got that train last year and took the bus, they clear traffic for the buses. You'll have 5-10 mins to spare.

Ade 70
11-01-2017, 05:37 PM
We got that train last year and took the bus, they clear traffic for the buses. You'll have 5-10 mins to spare.

Cheers fella...bus it is :lux:

laggin
12-01-2017, 01:12 AM

POTD itself. already done for hull away. 3rd season on the trot it gets the stoke gig aswell

scro
12-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Cheers fella...bus it is :lux:

You'll make it easy as long as you don't dilly dally and get yourself on one of the first busses. To be fair to stoke despite the place being a dump and the ground being a nasty windswept oddity of a place, in the middle of nowhere. They do run the busses well and clear the traffic.

SKATE
12-01-2017, 11:40 AM
POTD itself. already done for hull away. 3rd season on the trot it gets the stoke gig aswell

Indeed. Used to be a 'once a season' fans led initiative now highjacked by the club.

Still only block 40 available...up to row 26 now.

scro
13-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Seems to be selling slowly. Many of us hanging back i suspect.

Penstone Eagle
13-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Seems to be selling slowly. Many of us hanging back i suspect.

Yep

smudgerseagles
13-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Just called the BO and they are now selling block 39 - so all booked :lux::lux::lux:

sherstonpalace
13-01-2017, 02:30 PM

It was West Brom last year, and what a fiasco that was. 3-0 down inside 40 minutes.......

meee
13-01-2017, 02:44 PM

I ran and it took over 20 minutes so 30 would be amazing.The buses beat me so that's probably the best option,although I don't have any idea how consistent they are.

edit: Better answer on previous page.

Penstone Eagle
13-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Just called the BO and they are now selling block 39 - so all booked :lux::lux::lux:

Thanks for posting this, just booked mine in 39 :p

Chillo
13-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Thanks for posting this, just booked mine in 39 :p

Back to block 40 only now? :confused:

Big Gav
13-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Tried booking 2 today but when I try and book coach travel I get the message no-one on my account is eligible? Both of us are season ticket holders

Penstone Eagle
14-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Back to block 40 only now? :confused:

Is that on line?

Offered me 39 on the phone and chose my seat next to 38.

King William
14-01-2017, 10:31 AM

Got that one last year. Yes no problems

Selhurst300
16-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Just booked 2 in Block 39

Gazza2
16-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Busses fast if you get first lot. I went season before last and we were slow leaving ground and had to wait for busses to drop first lot back at station and then return to ground for us.
By time they got back, a lot of the home players were leaving car park a bit along from us in their flash motors.

Chillo
16-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Is that on line?

Offered me 39 on the phone and chose my seat next to 38.

Yes, blocks 39 and 40 available online earlier today (and now).

Chillo
16-01-2017, 10:04 PM
http://www.ticket4football.com/premiership-football-tickets/stoke-city-vs-manchester-united-tickets.t4f

shows which block is where.

40 - nearest the corner flag.

39 - next to it

etc.

scro
17-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Do we have block 38? I was holding out for that.

Chillo
17-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Do we have block 38? I was holding out for that.

I'm hoping so; waiting for it as well.

stevek
17-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Got my hotels all booked for this one; staying at the Ibis in Northampton on the way up and then at the Crescent Budget Hotel in Stoke on Friday and Saturday nights.

Don't forget to sponsor me ;) www.justgiving.com/cyclingtheseason

Penstone Eagle
17-01-2017, 03:09 PM
couldn't be bothered to wait for 38, end seat in 39 closest to 38 is plenty good enough

deftones_eagle
17-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Walk back via the canal to get the 17.50 - in the Euston tap by 8pm.

deftones_eagle
18-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Anyone had their tickets yet?

foresthillbilly
18-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Indeed. Used to be a 'once a season' fans led initiative now highjacked by the club.

Indeed. I am slightly un-nerved that this almost spontaneous event has now been taken over by the club. POTD also seems a bit pointless in the Premiership, where most games are sold out.

Back in the Championship, it was more of a rallying cry for visits to historically poorly attended away games,..I think Coventry may have been one. Clubs like that really needed the gate money too and the extra publicity.
Plus it was a chance to mobilise vocal and colourful support.

Don't get me wrong, the free coach travel is a brilliant gesture by the club, but POTD is not really relevant in the Premiership.

foresthillbilly
18-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Got my hotels all booked for this one; staying at the Ibis in Northampton on the way up and then at the Crescent Budget Hotel in Stoke on Friday and Saturday nights.

Don't forget to sponsor me ;) www.justgiving.com/cyclingtheseason

You Sir, will always be an absolute nutter in my eyes. I wouldn't say that to you face-to-face as you remind me of 'Die Hard', and probably have legs like iron girders.
You urinate over Sir Chris Hoy and Bradley Wiggins achievements.

Best wishes on your endeavours

Keith Powell
18-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Anyone had their tickets yet?

Was told by the box office sent out on Friday haven't received mine yet still time to receive them today.

Keith Powell
18-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Tickets just arrived

deftones_eagle
18-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Was told by the box office sent out on Friday haven't received mine yet still time to receive them today.

Cheers

Joe.L
19-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Train and match tickets all booked up. Looking forward to it. First proper away game this season (London derbies don't count). Reckon the Palace comeback will be well under way by then.

deftones_eagle
19-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Tickets now in hand

scro
20-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Seems like a very slow seller!

scro
20-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Considerered hanging on but back of 39 next to 38 purchased today. Will seem like the front row compared to the london stadium.

Shipsisourking
20-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Tickets now in hand

Mine haven't showed up yet, seems like a long time to be delivered.

lee_cpfc
30-01-2017, 02:05 PM
From someone that has not got the coach in years, a few questions:

Leaving at 9am, I'm guessing with stops we would get to Stoke at 13.30 ish?

Do they have wifi and USB sockets?

What is the policy of bringing items on?

Cheers

Penstone Eagle
30-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Cheers

Everything is hit and miss with coach travel.

Golden Rule though is to avoid coach 1, but if that's not possible, then just make sure you don't sit where the regulars do. Outrage.

EddieEdwards
30-01-2017, 02:27 PM

CheersYes, probably 13:30-14:00 but your guess is as good as anyone's really.

They usually have either mains sockets or USB sockets but as there'll be a few more coaches than usual for this one there may be some variation between the coaches and you can't be sure that they'll all have them. WiFi possible but I wouldn't count on it.

No alcohol allowed on the coaches but apart from that you can bring bags on and leave them on there during the match.

lee_cpfc
30-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Yes, probably 13:30-14:00 but your guess is as good as anyone's really.

They usually have either mains sockets or USB sockets but as there'll be a few more coaches than usual for this one there may be some variation between the coaches and you can't be sure that they'll all have them. WiFi possible but I wouldn't count on it.

No alcohol allowed on the coaches but apart from that you can bring bags on and leave them on there during the match.

Thank you

newish eagle
30-01-2017, 05:56 PM

Cheers
I know coach travel has its knockers....but I did the coach up to Hull recently and FWIW it was really decent. We got to the ground very early, met some very nice people on board - all good. No sockets though so bring one of those portable charger things. Enjoy your trip.

EddieEdwards
01-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Now on general sale, 4 per person, no membership required.

Selhurst300
02-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Mine haven't showed up yet, seems like a long time to be delivered.

Mine haven't either. Ticket Office have advised me to wait until next Wednesday and let them know if they still haven't arrived and they will sort out tickets to collect at Stoke.

N
03-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Coming up from Cornwall so can I pay on the gate for this one.

N
05-02-2017, 06:05 PM
As per title is POTD. Pay on the day.?

cjcpfc
05-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Mine haven't either. Ticket Office have advised me to wait until next Wednesday and let them know if they still haven't arrived and they will sort out tickets to collect at Stoke.

Same here sent around 18th January have to collect 5 at Stoke!

Little Fozzie
05-02-2017, 07:03 PM
As per title is POTD. Pay on the day.?
'Palace on tour day'

Big Gav
06-02-2017, 06:48 AM

Cheers

No knives or booze allowed but flares are ok

Big Gav
06-02-2017, 06:50 AM
I know coach travel has its knockers....but I did the coach up to Hull recently and FWIW it was really decent.

I swore after going to Hartlepool by coach on a Tuesday night that I would never go by coach again but its improved a lot. I didn't see any decent knockers on my coach but the woman on coach 2 had a nice pair

newish eagle
06-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Ha! As soon as I typed it and all that.....

But I'm seriously considering heading up to Stoke on Saturday, it feels a bit unhinged, but there you go.

Shipsisourking
06-02-2017, 08:01 AM

Mine turned up on Saturday with my baggies tickets as well. Seems the work experience youth has been put in charge of sending them out :)

BuktaBoy
06-02-2017, 08:01 AM
COME ON PALACE KEEP THE FAITH!!

Long way to go yet...I'd be at Stoke this weekend but I work abroad. It's a hard watch but I've seen us lose to Grimsby in front of 7,000...and I still came back for more.

A point up there Sat is a good result IMO.

Shipsisourking
06-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Bit of travel advice. The a50 around the ground has roadworks for the next 20 weeks. Shouldn't matter if you are coming from the m6, but if you choose to m1 and then a50 it then you may have a bit of bother.

west eagle
06-02-2017, 08:19 AM
will the team be at the station again this year?

St.AlbansEagle
06-02-2017, 09:45 AM
No idea why I've just bought a ticket for this. Obviously having some kind of breakdown.

Penstone Eagle
06-02-2017, 10:16 AM
will the team be at the station again this year?

bit of a risk if they are as shit as they were on Saturday

deftones_eagle
06-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Flying over Friday morning from Stockholm. Be fair i booked the flights before xmas. See you all up there Saturday.

Nth Kent Eagle
06-02-2017, 11:51 AM
I'll be there. As for pubs, some of the players should be in the Last Chance Saloon.

Joe.L
06-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Ha! As soon as I typed it and all that.....

But I'm seriously considering heading up to Stoke on Saturday, it feels a bit unhinged, but there you go.

I must be really unhinged as I consider Saturday's performance/debacle an extra incentive to make sure I'm there at Stoke (although was going any way). Best fans in the league and all that blurb, well now is the time for us to show it.

stamford triumph
06-02-2017, 05:33 PM
At least we should find out if Selhurst is really the problem

bigGcpfc
06-02-2017, 05:46 PM
At least we should find out if Selhurst is really the problem

How can you still be wondering ? we have only won a third of our home games since promotion !!!

newish eagle
06-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Ticket booked!

RobertCPFC
07-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Do the away buses still run before and after the game? Thanks

drunkymunky
08-02-2017, 12:45 AM
how do you get the free cochab?

laggin
08-02-2017, 03:07 AM
still not sold out. membership only policy lifted. desperate times for POTD

laggin
08-02-2017, 03:08 AM
how do you get the free cochab?

walk through a door and take a seat for a grim 5hrs

Far East Eagle
08-02-2017, 03:52 AM
why are the tickets 25notes? thought 20 was the Max now ?

Dorking .Eagle
08-02-2017, 06:23 AM
No, it's 30 max. So most are 30.
Sunderland was 29, WBA and Stoke 25 and Southampton is 20.

EddieEdwards
08-02-2017, 06:24 AM
how do you get the free cochab?https://www.cpfctickets.com/travel.aspx or just call the box office. You need to be a member or ST holder to qualify for it.

Far East Eagle
08-02-2017, 06:55 AM
No, it's 30 max. So most are 30.
Sunderland was 29, WBA and Stoke 25 and Southampton is 20.
really successful campaign that was then

tasty_snacks
08-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Indeed. I am slightly un-nerved that this almost spontaneous event has now been taken over by the club. POTD also seems a bit pointless in the Premiership, where most games are sold out.

Back in the Championship, it was more of a rallying cry for visits to historically poorly attended away games,..I think Coventry may have been one. Clubs like that really needed the gate money too and the extra publicity.
Plus it was a chance to mobilise vocal and colourful support.

Don't get me wrong, the free coach travel is a brilliant gesture by the club, but POTD is not really relevant in the Premiership.

The idea originally was, as you say, to get fans up for a random away match somewhere. The emphasis was on kids' enjoyment, accessibility, size of support, and colour (and choosing somewhere with decent pubs :supergrin:). We spoke to the other clubs to see if they would lower ticket prices - some did, some didn't. Fans donated money for balloons etc, and voted on which away match to select.

Coventry was the first time out, then we had trips to Derby and Leicester in the Championship. It's fizzled out a bit in the top flight - we were on such a roll that it wasn't really warranted anymore. It was resurrected for Stoke and more recently West Brom, but I got so much abuse for daring to give out free balloons that I just thought, '**** it.'

If you're going to do it you've got to do it properly. Which means actually agreeing a reciprocal ticket arrangement with the other club (sadly, there is no danger of that happening these days :(), putting on free travel, organising one of Jeremy's special steam trains and/or designated Palace carriages on the public trains, and going to town on making sure the colour is there for the kids to enjoy.

Now it's a byword for free coach travel, which is commendable, but doesn't get anywhere close to how it used to/could be.

newish eagle
08-02-2017, 07:41 AM
The idea originally was, as you say, to get fans up for a random away match somewhere. The emphasis was on kids' enjoyment, accessibility, size of support, and colour (and choosing somewhere with decent pubs :supergrin:). We spoke to the other clubs to see if they would lower ticket prices - some did, some didn't. Fans donated money for balloons etc, and voted on which away match to select.

Coventry was the first time out, then we had trips to Derby and Leicester in the Championship. It's fizzled out a bit in the top flight - we were on such a roll that it wasn't really warranted anymore. It was resurrected for Stoke and more recently West Brom, but I got so much abuse for daring to give out free balloons that I just thought, '**** it.'

If you're going to do it you've got to do it properly. Which means actually agreeing a reciprocal ticket arrangement with the other club (sadly, there is no danger of that happening these days :(), putting on free travel, organising one of Jeremy's special steam trains and/or designated Palace carriages on the public trains, and going to town on making sure the colour is there for the kids to enjoy.

Now it's a byword for free coach travel, which is commendable, but doesn't get anywhere close to how it used to/could be.
FWIW Tasty, my sons first away game was Leicester away in the Championship. We won 2-1, he went crackers with the balloons and loved it all (I'm assuming it was a POTD). So...if you or others reading this had a hand in that, many thanks from me and my lad!

Oli28
08-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Most were 40+ last season :confused:

Dorking .Eagle
08-02-2017, 08:25 AM

Most Prem away games are cheaper than last season, only club that has increased away price is Hull, and they treat their own fans worse than the away fans (eg no child prices in the home stands as adults were previously going in on kids tickets)

Ade 70
08-02-2017, 08:30 AM
Do the away buses still run before and after the game? Thanks
Buses still run to and from station area to the ground before and after the game... Check out the football ground guide...Not 100% sure where they leave from post match... Assume the police would prefer to keep home and away fans separate but Stoke site doesn't make it clear so may need to queue with the local unwashed [emoji12]

Shipsisourking
08-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Buses still run to and from station area to the ground before and after the game... Check out the football ground guide...Not 100% sure where they leave from post match... Assume the police would prefer to keep home and away fans separate but Stoke site doesn't make it clear so may need to queue with the local unwashed [emoji12]

Last year the bus was right outside the exit in the away fans car park.

Far East Eagle
08-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Most were 40+ last season :confused:

Just being a bit cynical of the changes. Charging 20 quid for Premier League teams isn't going to bankrupt them. Reducing tickets from 40-30 is still going to mean that poor fans can't attend games.

Pub Idol
08-02-2017, 10:54 AM

So which arsehole were giving you abuse? :veryangry Cant believe that...

middleeagle
08-02-2017, 11:28 AM
any idea on how many sold?

RobertCPFC
08-02-2017, 02:28 PM

It was a great idea in the Championship and worked well in Stoke two seasons ago. Last years biggest problem was the first half performance and going 3-0 down but I don't blame you for bothering anymore after some comments last year.

I would prefer it if the club did not use the term just for free coach travel and if free coaches are used (and I don't think the club have to spend money on away supporters anymore) it's announced many months before so people can make arrangement not when tickets go on sale when many people have arranged travel. I feels like we are forgotten when I have arranged train tickets (which in Hull were expensive) to then hear about a free alternative.

ForzaPalace
08-02-2017, 02:56 PM
any idea on how many sold?

Tickets making it to general sale is usually not a good sign

N
08-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Being as tickets are being sold in block 38,should be a good number.

Joe.L
09-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Yep best fans in the league and all that now is the time to prove it. Kind of hoping the current predicament will bring out the best in us.

Nth Kent Eagle
10-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Are there tickets on the door for a possible late attendee who won't know until the morning?

RobertCPFC
10-02-2017, 12:55 PM
It's still on Block 38 so I would presume so but check the club website and Twitter page in the morning.

RobertCPFC
10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Just a reminder that the wankers are at home to Watford tomorrow so some will probably be on the trains.

Penstone Eagle
10-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Are there tickets on the door for a possible late attendee who won't know until the morning?

No tickets available to Palace fans on the day, apparently.

RobertCPFC
10-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Apologies for getting that wrong.

Surprised we have sold out, I thought we would still have some available for tomorrow.

Nth Kent Eagle
11-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Yesterday the website said no tickets on the day. There was a cash turnstyle and hundreds of spare seats. Another admin cock up by the club.

Ade 70
11-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Trains back from Stoke are fun...All being diverted via Northamptonshire as overhead power lines down...Approx 1.5 to 2 hr delays...We were due into Euston around 19.45 ish but expected 21.45

cjcpfc
11-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Trains back from Stoke are fun...All being diverted via Northamptonshire as overhead power lines down...Approx 1.5 to 2 hr delays...We were due into Euston around 19.45 ish but expected 21.45

Yeah we got on an earlier train waited at rugby for an hour for another driver... paid the 1st class weekend upgrade coz delay repay will cover it! Ended up changing trains to a virgin train told that they were honouring the tickets then to be told had to pay again for 1st class upgrade.

Got back to Euston 945 over 2 hours delayed.

Spoke to customer services have to put in delay repay and coz we were over 90mins late can get 100% of my ticket money and i can get back the extra upgrade I paid for 1st class.

Suppose that's some sort of positive from today

Penstone Eagle
12-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Yesterday the website said no tickets on the day. There was a cash turnstyle and hundreds of spare seats. Another admin cock up by the club.

They don't care anymore

RobertCPFC
12-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah we got on an earlier train waited at rugby for an hour for another driver... paid the 1st class weekend upgrade coz delay repay will cover it! Ended up changing trains to a virgin train told that they were honouring the tickets then to be told had to pay again for 1st class upgrade.

Spoke to customer services have to put in delay repay and coz we were over 90mins late can get 100% of my ticket money and i can get back the extra upgrade I paid for 1st class.

I went on the 18:12 and ended up getting into Euston over 90 minutes later. The train was also packed as other trains had been cancelled.

The delay repay was the only thing getting me through it. I'll put the money towards the final day.

sherstonpalace
12-02-2017, 10:18 AM

You may wait a while for your refund. I'm still waiting for mine having been delayed by two hours by Worst Great Western on the way back from the Arsenal match on Jan 1.

scro
13-02-2017, 10:38 AM

We had the same but i think the guy was so tired of arguing didn't charge us to upgrade and we got fed. We have had a reply saying we are getting a full refund. So despite a significant delay my son and i had a pleasant time of it warm watching movies on the tablets.

CJ PLUM
13-02-2017, 12:25 PM

We had reserved seats on the 17:50 train which was cancelled (actually it was rescheduled to replace the original broken down unit on the 18:15 out of Manchester which would otherwise have left hundreds of Man U and Watford fans stranded).
So rather than get onto a packed 18:12 train with no valid reservation we jumped on the Cross Country train to Wolverhampton and got the 18:45 Euston train. Got in at 21:41 but we had almost a carriage to ourselves so at least we had seats.
Today confirmed we will get full refund for return journey so thank heaven for small mercies.

Penstone Eagle
13-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Couldn't travel due to after affects from an operation, nice surprise to get an email from Virgin refunding my first class return ticket cost of 35 to compensate me for the delay :lux:

Jim Cannon
13-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Couldn't travel due to after affects from an operation, nice surprise to get an email from Virgin refunding my first class return ticket cost of 35 to compensate me for the delay :lux:

I am getting a refund too. No bloody fun the train being cancelled and then having to stand all the way home on a train packed with plastic ManUre fans and Watford