PDA

View Full Version : to CPFC 2010... An idea too logical to work

johnnybacaro
11-01-2017, 01:47 AM
Dear Mr. Parish,

You have spoken many times about the importance of broadening support for our club. Most of the time this has been implied to include America and increased supporters to adopt Palace and hopefully buy some kits.

However, the more attention is paid to our supporters across the pond, the less is paid to those in south london. Next week is an excellent time to correct that with the upcoming Bolton fixture.

There are many posts here about potentially lowering ticket prices and I agree but there is a bigger opportunity. If we want to expand our presence in our community, please consider waiving the requirement to be a paid member to buy tickets.

As you know the economy is not great around herewith concerns on what brexit might mean, especially for manufacturing jobs. Many working class people can't afford the 25 quid paid membership for the lowest level, let alone a 600 quid season ticket. Let's give them a chance to see Palace anyway.

I understand the reason for paid membership, however, surely there is no concern for violence against a far away rival who will likely not bring even 500 supporters on a Tuesday night. Let's open up this match to all of South London. Lets find new supporters or maybe some who can't afford to go anymore. Maybe we will even create some new season ticket holders out of it. Which we will need next year to fill Selhurst if things don't turn around.

Be Loud
Be Proud
Be Palace.

Thanks for your consideration

Big Al
11-01-2017, 03:09 AM
Dear Mr JohnnyBacaro,

Thank you for starting the 50th thread on Bolton ticket prices.

johnnybacaro
11-01-2017, 03:21 AM
Dear Mr JohnnyBacaro,

Thank you for starting the 50th thread on Bolton ticket prices.

Issue is not ticket prices. Its making it a match restricted to season ticket holders or paid members.

orp pisshead1
11-01-2017, 04:53 AM
Great post but sadly wasted by the clubs ticketing prices for the game.

orp pisshead1
11-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Issue is not ticket prices. Its making it a match restricted to season ticket holders or paid members.

It's both issues imo.

elgin eagle
11-01-2017, 05:06 AM
Best not to inflict 'selhurst under the lights' on them too early.

Dorking .Eagle
11-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Are people who feel priced out of Premier League football at Selhurst Park (because of the membership fee) really going to be regularly checking for tickets to the Bolton replay, to see if the club has dropped its membership requirement, on a night when there is cup football shown live on the BBC?

Whilst the membership thing is a bit of a pain, don't most people who want an occcasional ticket (but aren't willing to buy a membership) just get a friend or work colleague who is a member or season ticket holder to get the tickets for them? That is what my friends and extended family do (get me to get them)

Failing that, I'd be amazed if tickets aren't on sale on the night via walk up cash sales at the little ticket windows around the ground.

elgin eagle
11-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Its a rare chance to see Jules between the sticks again, lets be honest.

johnnybacaro
12-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Are people who feel priced out of Premier League football at Selhurst Park (because of the membership fee) really going to be regularly checking for tickets to the Bolton replay, to see if the club has dropped its membership requirement, on a night when there is cup football shown live on the BBC?

Whilst the membership thing is a bit of a pain, don't most people who want an occcasional ticket (but aren't willing to buy a membership) just get a friend or work colleague who is a member or season ticket holder to get the tickets for them? That is what my friends and extended family do (get me to get them)

Failing that, I'd be amazed if tickets aren't on sale on the night via walk up cash sales at the little ticket windows around the ground.

if we promoted via social media, then yes I think we could drive attendance. There is a perception out there that you just can't get a ticket to see a premier league club. This is all about driving back to grassroots supports in our catchment area.

Beyond that, we should be using this opp to give out tickets to youth in the area primary and senior schools. No excuse to have half of selhurst empty.

CPFC since 1989
12-01-2017, 02:30 AM
It will go on general sale like the Stoke game did last season. I presume this first stage is to allow STs to purchase their own seats.

dowieslovechild
12-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Its a rare chance to sit with my Dad in the Holmesdale like we use to do.

Dorking .Eagle
12-01-2017, 06:17 AM
Beyond that, we should be using this opp to give out tickets to youth in the area primary and senior schools. No excuse to have half of selhurst empty.

There are quite strict rules regarding complimentary tickets for FA Cup matches:

(ii) In the Competition Proper, each Club shall be entitled to 50 complimentary tickets.
(iii) Complimentary tickets issued by the Home Club in excess of the above must be accounted for at the price at which they would have otherwise been sold.

Presumably because, unlike League games, in the FA Cup the income is split 3 ways, ie between both clubs and also the FA gets a bit. Palace can't just give away 10,000 tickets to schools and youth clubs unless Palace are willing to then give Bolton and the FA the slice of money that they would have been entitled to from each ticket

EddieEdwards
12-01-2017, 02:06 PM
It will go on general sale like the Stoke game did last season. I presume this first stage is to allow STs to purchase their own seats.ST seats were not held for their normal owners as the AW is closed to home fans. All seats have been available to all members from start of sale.

The Stoke FA Cup match last season only went on general sale on the day of the game. And up until that point, there was even a restriction of 4 per person for ST holders and members! At least for this Bolton game they're allowing 10 per member but there's really no good reason not to allow general sale.

Nth Kent Eagle
12-01-2017, 02:15 PM
If we have a bit of a run and it looks like we are staying up but then falter and go down the Arthur will be interesting. Will there be dozens or hundreds of grouts trying to sell their season tickets for next year? If so I hope the club makes them pay and plays hardball.

Dorking .Eagle
12-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Nah, they'll just renew on monthly payments, and cancel the direct debits if we go down

salad fan club
12-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Dear Mr. Parish,

You have spoken many times about the importance of broadening support for our club. Most of the time this has been implied to include America and increased supporters to adopt Palace and hopefully buy some kits.

However, the more attention is paid to our supporters across the pond, the less is paid to those in south london. Next week is an excellent time to correct that with the upcoming Bolton fixture.

There are many posts here about potentially lowering ticket prices and I agree but there is a bigger opportunity. If we want to expand our presence in our community, please consider waiving the requirement to be a paid member to buy tickets.

As you know the economy is not great around herewith concerns on what brexit might mean, especially for manufacturing jobs. Many working class people can't afford the 25 quid paid membership for the lowest level, let alone a 600 quid season ticket. Let's give them a chance to see Palace anyway.

I understand the reason for paid membership, however, surely there is no concern for violence against a far away rival who will likely not bring even 500 supporters on a Tuesday night. Let's open up this match to all of South London. Lets find new supporters or maybe some who can't afford to go anymore. Maybe we will even create some new season ticket holders out of it. Which we will need next year to fill Selhurst if things don't turn around.

Be Loud
Be Proud
Be Palace.

Thanks for your consideration

:lux::lux:

New LP
12-01-2017, 10:34 PM
CPFC 2010 don't run the club anymore.