PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices in the AW

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Just in case previous comments made have been lost in other threads I'd like to create this one to start a discussion.

Away fans can only be charged a maximum of 30 for a ticket. This was decided in March 2016: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35764007

Previously our club has stated that we have to charge home & away fans the same price as it's a 'shared stand': http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=11089012&postcount=20

Now I appreciate that home season tickets would have been sold in the AW before the announcement of a 30 cap in March, but surely some realignment could have taken place?

What made me realise was the Everton game. I'm taking a guest and some kids to this game.

Adult price in the AW is 40
U10 price in the AW 20

My wife's cousins are coming down from Liverpool. Their U18 tickets in the away end are 15.

This strikes me as unfair. Thoughts please.

milky87
11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
It is a rule just for away fans. We will pay 30 at Chelsea but their fans in the same area will be paying 55

SHIPEAGLE
11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Understand your comments, however the away supporters tickets at max 30 is agreed by all Clubs in the Prem league to assist travelling supporters, no more being charged 40 or even 50 at places such as Man Utd, Chelsea etc.
The rule of same pricing no longer apply since the 30 max for away supporters came in

Illeagle
11-01-2017, 02:10 PM
This years season ticket in the Arthur works out about 26/game for early birds. Student ticket 17/game

MikeyBaby
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Thoughts please.

Really?

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Really?

I've been hacked.

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 02:52 PM
Understand your comments, however the away supporters tickets at max 30 is agreed by all Clubs in the Prem league to assist travelling supporters, no more being charged 40 or even 50 at places such as Man Utd, Chelsea etc.
The rule of same pricing no longer apply since the 30 max for away supporters came in

Aye, the 30 away ticket is very welcome. I'm just annoyed that I'm forking out 60 quid for three 6 year olds, whilst the scouse teenagers are charged 15.

I'll tax the difference off them.

Billyd
11-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Arthur Waite is the worst stand in the league and hugely over priced who knew.

Was in block x the other week. So many tourists.

milky87
11-01-2017, 03:02 PM

Burnley and Everton are pretty piss poor

Wolfnipplechips
11-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Aye, the 30 away ticket is very welcome. I'm just annoyed that I'm forking out 60 quid for three 6 year olds, whilst the scouse teenagers are charged 15.

I'll tax the difference off them.

Just lend the six year olds to the Scousers.......they never pay anyway.

You could arrange a Guantanamo style handover in block V.

Obviously you will need to thoroughly check them over upon receipt.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
11-01-2017, 03:05 PM

Was in block x the other week. So many tourists.

The AW is a proper c*nt nest. Has got to the point where I hate home games so much because of it.

Oli28
11-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Burnley and Everton are pretty piss poor
Also away end at Liverpool and (probably) West Ham

liberal clubber
11-01-2017, 03:19 PM
The AW is a proper c*nt nest. Has got to the point where I hate home games so much because of it.

I would like to say i have been called worse- but I actually can't think when:confused:

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Just lend the six year olds to the Scousers.

You could arrange a Guantanamo style handover in block V.

I'll bring spare trainers for them so.

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 03:38 PM

It's got to the stage where we threaten the block & remind the punters it's the home end about 5 minutes into the game.

(Back of block W)

Yoda
11-01-2017, 03:53 PM
I think this is one of those cases where we have to see 'the bigger picture'.

It was amazing that the Prem clubs agreed to this 30 max away pricing, and partly because there would be anomalies like this (especially at grounds where prices tend to be higher, e.g. London).

You would possibly benefit likewise at an away Palace match.

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 03:56 PM
I hear you, Yoda. And am struggling to disagree with everything posted in response so far.

What about the U10 price though? 20. Oof.

Harry Holmesdale
11-01-2017, 04:02 PM
I hear you, Yoda. And am struggling to disagree with everything posted in response so far.

What about the U10 price though? 20. Oof.

And the Arthur Wait pre match, half time or wee wees time is an awful experience for U10s

Stavros 69
11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Funny I thought there was a whole forum dedicated to ticket debates.

ebyeeckeagle
11-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Kids should have been capped at 10.

Going to occasional games these days, taking friends etc, has become a complex bit of work. How many tickets can we get, whose membership can we nab, what day can we buy them from...and a very expensive one too.

Oh, and 'thoughts please'? :D

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Funny I thought there was a whole forum dedicated to ticket debates.

Bully.

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 04:29 PM

Another bully yob.

This is the last (& only) time I'll be serious on here.

andyocpfc
11-01-2017, 04:39 PM
I have to say and I'm probably in the minority, I quite like the AW. It's a bastard in the concourse to get a drink/scoff but overall, I always enjoy it. I sit in block Z and towards the front. Good banter with HF, atmosphere is better than silence. That said, I took my missus to the Swansea game after a few years of her not going and she said 'there was a lot of swearing going on and anger isn't there - it's not normally like that is it? (previously she's been in the WH or H)'. I explained the way those scroates played angered the fans somewhat. She even said previously 'the Palace players look like they're not trying very hard'. Anyhow back on topic, should it be the same as away fan? Of course.

Stavros 69
11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Bully.

Hey everybody I don't understand how home and away tier tickets work :hi:

Yoda
11-01-2017, 04:44 PM
And the Arthur Wait pre match, half time or wee wees time is an awful experience for U10s

And it's that sort of experience that can really put off young kids.

A friend and his teenage son who have seasons in the Arthur tell me they can't get to the loos at half time and return before the match re-starts.

I didn't like the frightening half-time crush/queue in the away end at Watford once, so had to give up and return during the match. I wouldn't want that every week.

Stavros 69
11-01-2017, 04:45 PM
LOL someone moved the thread

crenoleagle
11-01-2017, 05:04 PM
And it's that sort of experience that can really put off young kids.

A friend and his teenage son who have seasons in the Arthur tell me they can't get to the loos at half time and return before the match re-starts.

I didn't like the frightening half-time crush/queue in the away end at Watford once, so had to give up and return during the match. I wouldn't want that every week.

It's pretty busy but I wonder if that's quite true. I normally leave it 5 minutes before heading to the toilet and haven't yet missed the start of the 2nd half. Acceptable? Not really. But it is doable.

orp pisshead1
11-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Kids should have been capped at 10.

Going to occasional games these days, taking friends etc, has become a complex bit of work. How many tickets can we get, whose membership can we nab, what day can we buy them from...and a very expensive one too.

Spot on with 10 cap for kids as clubs are subsidising the 30 cap by charging kids up to 24( i think):veryangry.

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 05:25 PM
LOL someone moved the thread

Innit. Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

orp pisshead1
11-01-2017, 05:30 PM
It's pretty busy but I wonder if that's quite true. I normally leave it 5 minutes before heading to the toilet and haven't yet missed the start of the 2nd half. Acceptable? Not really. But it is doable.

It's very true , orp jnr was so upset / frightened( she has special needs)at HT vs hammers we had to leave:(. Over crowding was unbelievable and all those ignorant twats blocking the stairs it took industrial language and get the **** out of the way barge to get us up the stairs. Block z exit.
What I will say is club responded straight away to email and promised to look into it. Those stairs need stewarding with experienced therefor normally recognised & respected stewards. Since then we've stayed in seats at ht but she don't enjoy it as much now & we've missed a few games.

crenoleagle
11-01-2017, 05:36 PM
It's very true , orp jnr was so upset / frightened( she has special needs)at HT vs hammers we had to leave:(. Over crowding was unbelievable and all those ignorant twats blocking the stairs it took industrial language and get the **** out of the way barge to get us up the stairs. Block z exit.
What I will say is club responded straight away to email and promised to look into it. Those stairs need stewarding with experienced therefor normally recognised & respected stewards. Since then we've stayed in seats at ht but she don't enjoy it as much now & we've missed a few games.

Fair enough, apologies, that isn't good at all. I don't think the rest of the Arthur is quite that bad in terms of stairs/access to the concourse. Busy but it always seems to move near V/W/X.

stamford triumph
11-01-2017, 05:56 PM
It doesn't matter to me directly as I am in the HL but why on earth can't they put temporary toilets outside the stand on match days like they use at music events. that would help relieve the congestion I would have thought.

west country boy
11-01-2017, 06:01 PM
A new low for the BBS :(

stamford triumph
11-01-2017, 06:17 PM
A new low for the BBS :(

No I was talking about a new loo

in-exile
11-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Can this thread have a poll added ... On any subject and with the moo option.

Dorking .Eagle
11-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Arthur Waite is the worst stand in the league .

Wait.

The lower Bullens at Everton is just as bad, possibly worse for pillars? For useless roofs, the lower tier in the Emirates takes some beating for a proper soaking, and being a mile up at Sunderland is pretty shit regardless of it being a modern ground.

As for the OP, the price for a seat in the Arthur at 32 for Prem 'Cat B' games is probably as cheap as you'll find for a side stand seat at a Prem ground in London. Which would be right as it is easily the worst Premier League side-view stand in London

The 30 cap is specific for away ends, and unfortunately it was never intended as a tool to drive down the price of home tickets in the same stand as the away bit.

CedarEagle
11-01-2017, 07:03 PM
I paid 40 for Southampton game (Cat A ! Really ?) and was in block W behind one of the bloody posts. No warning of restricted view. Shocking.

west country boy
11-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Can this thread have a poll added ... On any subject and with the moo option.

Good idea.

Question: Is SC a massive puff?

Option A: Yes
Option B: Yes
Option C: Yes and he enjoys carnal relations with cows

Dorking .Eagle
11-01-2017, 07:14 PM
I paid 40 for Southampton game (Cat A ! Really ?) and was in block W behind one of the bloody posts. No warning of restricted view. Shocking.

A seat is only classed as Restricted view if a pillar blocks you direct view to one of the goals (ie if when sitting, the pillar lines up with the area between the goalposts)

If the seat is aligned so that the view of both goals are blocked it is classed as 'severely restricted'

Just having it directly in front doesn't count sadly (presumably because probably a third of the seats in the ground have a pillar blocking some part of the pitch.

Selhurst Celtic
11-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Oh FFS wcb, don't you start.

Stavros 69
11-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Innit. Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

http://www.memepasfroid.fr/772-home_default/wool-flounces-gloves.jpg

Cube72
11-01-2017, 08:03 PM
I have to say and I'm probably in the minority, I quite like the AW. It's a bastard in the concourse to get a drink/scoff but overall, I always enjoy it.

Me too [emoji3] it's a total cack hole but I love it. The AW is my bit of rough. Lovely bunch of people where we sit in Block Y and not too far to nip to the ladies next to the burger shack near the turnstiles. I gave up trying to get a beer at HT ages ago, just not worth it. Happy overall with the price I pay and prefer the AW to Stanford Bridge, Emirates, Hull etc. Incidentally, I've seen young kids in the ladies near the turnstiles; makes sense as there's not that much of a queue there compared to the ones further inside the AW.

pgw152
11-01-2017, 08:14 PM
The thing I dislike most about the pricing for the Everton game is the subtle upgrading of it from CatB (32 Arthur) last season to CatA (40 Arthur) this season.

The club are gradually stealth moving games from CatB to CatA.

I can't think of a defence/reason for this... maybe because we lost QPR as a CatA match a few seasons back, the club are trying to redress the A v B balance... see, it's a stretch to think of any valid reason...

Apologies if this has been covered on another thread.

P.S. the following has been covered on another thread, but, on the topic of 30 away tickets, our group is looking for one of those 30 away tickets for this Saturday at the Stadio Olimpico, please apply by PM if you need to dispose of same.

Chillo
11-01-2017, 08:33 PM
It's pretty busy but I wonder if that's quite true.

It is true; women's is even worse. It's like that for every match.

At the end, there's at least a 5 minute wait to get from the front of block V to the back and the exits.

Chillo
11-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Fair enough, apologies, that isn't good at all. I don't think the rest of the Arthur is quite that bad in terms of stairs/access to the concourse. Busy but it always seems to move near V/W/X.

Not really.

EddieEdwards
11-01-2017, 09:18 PM
One way of looking at it is that the clubs would never have agreed to cap away ticket prices at 30 if it meant they would have to charge home fans the same for equivalent seats.

ob13
11-01-2017, 10:07 PM
it was obvious as soon as it was announced the away ticket price cap would cause a bit of moaning about being charged more for same stand .I dont mind there being a difference as it means i benefit from a bigger choice of away games i could consider going to.The problem for me is the amount of games we class as cat A now.I couldn't care less what other clubs charge or supply and demand etc but personally for me 40 is too much to watch a game of football(yes i go beyond this for wembley matches!) so i just dont bother with them.It really limits my chances to go to home games and a lot of the shitty games i am prepared to pay the price for are linked to a cat A+ so sell out a fair way in advance!

laggin
12-01-2017, 01:19 AM
catA for soton, Leicester, Watford and now everton, another ridiculous decision club just ripping off fans

crenoleagle
12-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Not really.

I can leave it till 5 minutes into half time and get to the toilet and back without fail. It's busy but not impossible.

CPFC since 1989
13-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Just in case previous comments made have been lost in other threads I'd like to create this one to start a discussion.

Away fans can only be charged a maximum of 30 for a ticket. This was decided in March 2016: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35764007

Previously our club has stated that we have to charge home & away fans the same price as it's a 'shared stand': http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=11089012&postcount=20

Now I appreciate that home season tickets would have been sold in the AW before the announcement of a 30 cap in March, but surely some realignment could have taken place?

What made me realise was the Everton game. I'm taking a guest and some kids to this game.

Adult price in the AW is 40
U10 price in the AW 20

My wife's cousins are coming down from Liverpool. Their U18 tickets in the away end are 15.

It strikes me as unfair too. Just because we agreed a cap, match tickets now make up a small proportion of overall income. Should make the stand the same price. Seeing there is nearly always a post obstructing your view as well.

ebyeeckeagle
14-01-2017, 12:37 AM
catA for soton, Leicester, Watford and now everton, another ridiculous decision club just ripping off fans

Leicester are the League champions ffs. And Watford and Soton are London derbies, so again, very understandable.

Can't stand all this moaning. (Struggling with Everton, so will ignore that.)

crenoleagle
14-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Leicester are the League champions ffs. And Watford and Soton are London derbies, so again, very understandable.

:confused:

CPFC since 1989
14-01-2017, 12:44 AM
:confused:

Being ironic I believe.

Watford London, lol

laggin
14-01-2017, 03:31 AM

did you study geography at school? brilliant response :lux:

ebyeeckeagle
14-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Being ironic I believe.

Watford London, lol

:) I believe that was the excuse last time, that Watford was miraculously a London fixture.