PDA

View Full Version : Man City (h) FA Cup Saturday 28th January 3pm

Jamie W
17-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Tickets for this are on website. Adults 25, seniors 10 and junior 5.

Jamie W
17-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Website says block E is a designated singing section? How can block E be the designated singing section when all season ticket seats are held until Friday? How will HF get seats if everyone buys their own seat??

Lord Flange
17-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Too much again.

ebyeeckeagle
17-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Particularly if it is the TV game.

Jamie W
17-01-2017, 10:33 PM

It's not on tv.

JAS78
17-01-2017, 10:33 PM

It isn't a TV game!

ebyeeckeagle
17-01-2017, 10:35 PM
:D I know.

Now, about those rules on setting the price..........

Johnnieboy
17-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Website says block E is a designated singing section? How can block E be the designated singing section when all season ticket seats are held until Friday? How will HF get seats if everyone buys their own seat??

Our season tickets are in block E and I thought this.meant we'd been booted out. But logging in to the ticketing site just now our seats were still reserved

Jamie W
17-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Our season tickets are in block E and I thought this.meant we'd been booted out. But logging in to the ticketing site just now our seats were still reserved

What row are you in? Their is a guy on twitter saying he is row 35 and his seats are greyed out!? So he can't buy his seat!? I'm assuming as the back of the block is reserved for the HF as it was tonight.

cpfc4evandeva
17-01-2017, 10:51 PM
25 is too much IMO. The club are making it very easy for me to save money at the moment :(

Yoda
17-01-2017, 10:51 PM

Can you play the drum? :p

Johnnieboy
17-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Can you play the drum? :p

We'll have the tambourines out ;-)

AddiscombeEagle
17-01-2017, 11:01 PM
We've won a game.

We now have a big cup game against city where we can give it a proper go.

Can we have a night off moaning and digging at our own club please? If you don't want to pay 25 then don't and let us who do get behind the team.

mcmean
17-01-2017, 11:12 PM
It's not on tv.

Bound to be a stream though. It's Man City

Selhurst Celtic
17-01-2017, 11:18 PM
:D I know.

Now, about those rules on setting the price..........

Amen. With all the cash monies Man City have you'd think they'd agree to a lower price, innit. Scum.

eagles #1
17-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Why doesn't EVERYONE and I mean, everyone, just buy a junior ticket? They can't keep us all out.

Worked a treat for me tonight, couldn't argue with a 10 ticket. Steward was even kind enough to take it off me and scan it for me :D

Selhurst Celtic
17-01-2017, 11:24 PM
:p

bestperch
17-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Unable to buy my season ticket seat in block East row 36. Bought a similar seat for the game tonight which I didn't mind as knew the ground would be half empty. The website states 'displaced' season ticket holders can buy from Thursday. Like most people around me I've had the same seat since the stand was built. How long before we're 'displaced' permanently ?

eagles #1
17-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Unable to buy my season ticket seat in block East row 36. Bought a similar seat for the game tonight which I didn't mind as knew the ground would be half empty. The website states 'displaced' season ticket holders can buy from Thursday. Like most people around me I've had the same seat since the stand was built. How long before we're 'displaced' permanently ?

Hopefully not long. Atmosphere sounds great from the middle of the Holmesdale under the low roof. Travels well. :p

Chillo
17-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Block U and V ST holders are displaced to allow Man City to have 15% of the ground.

Nice to get an email from Sharon Lacey so soon after the game; shame I haven't had a reply to the one I sent her weeks ago, or the emails sent to Paul McGowan, Box Office Manager, since September. :wallbash:

Still we get offered the scraps on Thursday, after every other ST holder has had the opportunity to buy their own seat. :lux:

Chillo
17-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Block U and V ST holders are displaced to allow Man City to have 15% of the ground.

Nice to get an email from Sharon Lacey so soon after the game; shame I haven't had a reply to the one I sent her weeks ago, or the emails sent to Paul McGowan, Box Office Manager, since September. :wallbash:

Still we get offered the scraps on Thursday, after every other ST holder has had the opportunity to buy their own seat. :lux:

An "exclusive four hour window" (5pm Thursday onwards, on the premium rate 0870 phone lines :moo:, or online until 9am Friday) :lux:

My cup over-runneth :S:

SHIPEAGLE
18-01-2017, 12:03 AM
Think the Club have made an enormous mistake in making block E the singing block when they announce that Season Ticket holders have a period of time to claim their seats, so those in block E are not able to purchase theirs.
Who thought up this ridiculous idea, why should the HF be allowed the choice of seats that rightfully should be for the season ticket holder.
This does not affect me but seems very unfair

Chillo
18-01-2017, 12:14 AM

So it just gets better and better; loading the stadium to see that blocks U and V are not offered to Man City but are described as "sterile"; two blocks to separate Man City fans from Palace fans; really? :mad:

SHIPEAGLE
18-01-2017, 12:29 AM
think blocks U and V will be for Man City as they are entitled to approx 3,800 tickets. The whole article about tickets is so badly worded and totally unfair on supporters who have season tickets in block E that an urgent rethink should be had re moving the HF why are they given preference over other season ticket holders
Disgrace

Kirby
18-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Still undecided whether to go at 25 a pop. Saturday's effort levels will probably make my mind up one way or the other.

Can understand the HF being given Block E tonight as it was effectively 'sit where you like', but considering the majority of the stand will be full against Man City it's a ridiculous idea and completely unfair on those season ticket holders.

PeterH
18-01-2017, 03:28 AM
5 notes seems very fair for juniors though.

Hedgehog
18-01-2017, 03:38 AM
Are you not allowed to sing in other sections?

HRP
18-01-2017, 05:49 AM
think blocks U and V will be for Man City as they are entitled to approx 3,800 tickets. The whole article about tickets is so badly worded and totally unfair on supporters who have season tickets in block E that an urgent rethink should be had re moving the HF why are they given preference over other season ticket holders
Disgrace

Pretty clear that the club don't care about its season ticket holders , I'm still waiting for Parish to reward the fans like he said after the fa cup final defeat.
Is this rewarding them by kicking them out of seats ? Still I suppose it shows consistency with Arthur Wait season ticket holders also being kicked out at most cup games .

Scrumpy
18-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Just a precursor to when then eventually move the singing section permanently......

I'm not 100% that I am going myself so any "displaced" block E people can have my seat in Block D;)

scro
18-01-2017, 07:28 AM

I have often wondered why a group like the Holmesdale fanatics wouldn't force the issue about the away fans and relocate to the block next to them in the arthur. The club would soon think again. Also I would think the atmosphere in selhurst would seem much more intense if the main singing section was in the arthur waite. If you are sat in the other end of the stadium you currently cannot hear the holmesdale. Hence why often the away fans mock the atmosphere.

AddiscombeEagle
18-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I can see why people in block E are disappointed but I think in another way it is refreshing to see a club trying to do something to generate a positive atmosphere.

We all moan about how modern football is so sterile, it seems to me that we actually have a club trying to stop that happening which is to be applauded. Unfortunately there is a consequence to that.

Dorking .Eagle
18-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I have often wondered why a group like the Holmesdale fanatics wouldn't force the issue about the away fans and relocate to the block next to them in the arthur. The club would soon think again. Also I would think the atmosphere in selhurst would seem much more intense if the main singing section was in the arthur waite. If you are sat in the other end of the stadium you currently cannot hear the holmesdale. Hence why often the away fans mock the atmosphere.

Arthur Wait, easily the best acoustics in the ground, but a very poor stand in so many other ways, especially when full

WandsworthEagle
18-01-2017, 07:48 AM
I can see why people in block E are disappointed but I think in another way it is refreshing to see a club trying to do something to generate a positive atmosphere.

We all moan about how modern football is so sterile, it seems to me that we actually have a club trying to stop that happening which is to be applauded. Unfortunately there is a consequence to that.

Spot on. The best place for a singing section is central behind a goal. That cant happen for league games because they're 95% sold out to season tickets, but makes sense for cup games that wont sell out. Last night could have been very quiet without the HF making a noise in the middle.

El Aguila
18-01-2017, 07:56 AM

As a foreign fan who tends to end up in the Arthur when I can make a game, believe me, nobody's going to spend a whole season thee by choice.

stevek
18-01-2017, 08:16 AM
I've been able to get my seat ok for row 27 in Block E.

SA Eagle
18-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Pretty clear that the club don't care about its season ticket holders , I'm still waiting for Parish to reward the fans like he said after the fa cup final defeat.
Is this rewarding them by kicking them out of seats ? Still I suppose it shows consistency with Arthur Wait season ticket holders also being kicked out at most cup games .

The AW issue is slightly different as competition rules state you have to give the away team a certain number of tickets. However kicking ST holders out of their seats in th LH is out of order.

Stavros 69
18-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Really poor effort by the board making this 25.
Should be no more than 20.

milky87
18-01-2017, 08:34 AM
25 is a fair price. We have one of the best teams at home in the biggest domestic cup competition in the world. It costs 15 to watch national league football.

Pinkie Brown
18-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Is 25 a fair price? - probably yes
Could the clubs have reduced it further as a good will gesture to give something back after the **** we have had to put up with - probably yes

liberal clubber
18-01-2017, 08:58 AM
As a foreign fan who tends to end up in the Arthur when I can make a game, believe me, nobody's going to spend a whole season thee by choice.

we're the arfur!

WorthingEagle
18-01-2017, 09:16 AM
25 is a fair price. We have one of the best teams at home in the biggest domestic cup competition in the world. It costs 15 to watch national league football.

60 to take a family of four to what is likely to be a terrible half-arsed game and 0-3 defeat, in the freezing cold, in a crumbling stadium. Bargain! :D

Pinkie Brown
18-01-2017, 09:50 AM
A fiver for kids is great - which beggars the question why was Bolton a tenner?!!!!

Yoda
18-01-2017, 10:11 AM
A fiver for kids is great - which beggars the question why was Bolton a tenner?!!!!

I think keeping the kids' price low for cup matches is sensible marketing, for numerous reasons.

We don't sell out for early cup rounds, so make it attractive for adults to bring their children with them as well. That adds to the attendance and provides an easy opportunity for kids to come, whereas the Prem games are more expensive (esp if you have to buy an A and B ticket).

The Prem prices are dear for many families, so we should take the opportunity to offer attractive/affordable prices for these cup matches. Some of these fans will become the next generation of stalwart Palace fans, but only if they get the occasional chance to attend matches now.

Yoda
18-01-2017, 10:22 AM

I think it's an example of poor communication and not managing the expectations of the season ticket holders.

If the club want the HF behind the goal for cup matches, they should make that clear to the ST holders who might be effected by this, rather than introduce this initiative by stealth.

They should make this clear when the ST holders renew. I appreciate many will be unhappy about that, but at least they'll know way in advance that this could occur.

I've discussed similar situations with those in the Arfur who are sometimes displaced, for example last night that stand was shut to them. They know it might happen when they buy their ST.

Mr Bo Jangles
18-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Only concern with the price is that we played Liverpool in the 5th round 2 years ago and only got 20500 then with 4000 to the scousers with tickets at 25 which caused some complaints.Wish the club would give some incentive to younger fans / families, maybe 2 adults + 2 kids for 50 or similar.

Selhurst Celtic
18-01-2017, 10:48 AM
I've been able to get my seat ok for row 27 in Block E.

You sometimes wear a black coat to matches, and it has often been suggested that you should cover your face too.

Chillo
18-01-2017, 10:55 AM
I think it's an example of poor communication and not managing the expectations of the season ticket holders.

If the club want the HF behind the goal for cup matches, they should make that clear to the ST holders who might be effected by this, rather than introduce this initiative by stealth.

They should make this clear when the ST holders renew. I appreciate many will be unhappy about that, but at least they'll know way in advance that this could occur.

I've discussed similar situations with those in the Arfur who are sometimes displaced, for example last night that stand was shut to them. They know it might happen when they buy their ST.

I think the block E move may have emerged during the season, looking at the impact of having HF in the centre at Wembley, too late for the club to let ST holders know in advance. You may find that such a note may be included with this years renewals.

Yes, for AW ST holders, we know we may get moved and, apart from when the stand is shut, that happens infrequently; I guess (for me) it's the poor communications associated with it for the Man City match.

brb rule
18-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Nice to see the HF being kept happy by the club. Don't worry about those, lots like me that have had seats at the back of Block E since 95. Thinking of giving it a miss now to be honest.

milky87
18-01-2017, 11:12 AM
60 to take a family of four to what is likely to be a terrible half-arsed game and 0-3 defeat, in the freezing cold, in a crumbling stadium. Bargain! :D

Take 2 adults and 2 kids bowling and see how much that costs for 30 minutes.

60 for 4 people is good in my opinion

Chillo
18-01-2017, 11:14 AM

No, to be fair, AW ST holders aren't kicked out for most cup games anymore; it happens infrequently (probably because we've had so few home matches) and didn't for last year's Southampton cup game.

cranesparkeagle
18-01-2017, 11:25 AM

This is not of the clubs making. It is competition rules to have higher away allocations for cup games. Some season ticket holders have to move. Get on with it

Selhurst Celtic
18-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Take 2 adults and 2 kids bowling and see how much that costs for 30 minutes.

About 30 I think.

Selhurst Celtic
18-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Nice to see the HF being kept happy by the club. Don't worry about those, lots like me that have had seats at the back of Block East since 95. Thinking of giving it a miss now to be honest.

:sob:

Nth Kent Eagle
18-01-2017, 11:35 AM
20 would have been more sensible. Not happy about being moved from my seat in the Arthur but not the end of the world. The price is another sign of the more hard line commercial attitude being taken by the new board in the past year. Still, we might be needed more next season if all the touts, tourists, travel agents and hotel concierges no longer decide to buy the tickets.

Mr Bo Jangles
18-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Fulham vs Hull 15 adults 1 kids. Perfect pricing. Derby vs Leicester 18 + 10.

Chillo
18-01-2017, 11:48 AM
This is not of the clubs making. It is competition rules to have higher away allocations for cup games. Some season ticket holders have to move. Get on with it

Look at the tickets website, say "sterile" on blocks U and V.

You don't need two "sterile" blocks between fans; didn't see that at Arsenal - it was about three feet.

If the tickets website is wrong, then it's just more poor communication from the club to add to the examples given above.

Penstone Eagle
18-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Nice to see the HF being kept happy by the club. Don't worry about those, lots like me that have had seats at the back of Block East since 95. Thinking of giving it a miss now to be honest.

HF rule at Selhurst, you should know that.

tlr_cpfc
18-01-2017, 12:17 PM
My seat in row 22 in block E is still available, where rows have the HF been allocated?

I want to take my nephews to the game anyway, so I'll probably have to move. But the risk is letting my seat go and not getting anything anywhere else.

Oli28
18-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Look at the tickets website, say "sterile" on blocks U and V.

You don't need two "sterile" blocks between fans; didn't see that at Arsenal - it was about three feet.

If the tickets website is wrong, then it's just more poor communication from the club to add to the examples given above.
They'll probably end up making that away end seeing as they're entitled to about 4.5k

eagles #1
18-01-2017, 12:22 PM
My seat in row 22 in block E is still available, where rows have the HF been allocated?

I want to take my nephews to the game anyway, so I'll probably have to move. But the risk is letting my seat go and not getting anything anywhere else.

Front of Block B will be empty, or so I've heard :p

SEEPEEEFFSEE
18-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Will need our A game now that City haven't got a hope of winning the title. They will take this very seriously.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
18-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Will need our A game now that City haven't got a hope of winning the title. They will take this very seriously.

Remind me of our A game again.

Mark_cpfc
18-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Remind me of our A game again.

We only concede 2

Selhurst Celtic
18-01-2017, 12:55 PM

Technically the sterile zone covered the entire home support, and most of the away end too that day.

Selhurst Celtic
18-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Front of Block B will be empty, or so I've heard :p

You scamp.

EddieEdwards
18-01-2017, 12:58 PM
think blocks U and V will be for Man City as they are entitled to approx 3,800 tickets.They're not - they're being kept sterile. Away fans can be accommodated with the increased FA Cup allocation without relocating all the block U and V ST holders, as was the case when we played Liverpool in the 5th round two seasons ago. But this time the club have chosen to keep those blocks sterile. Not bothered personally about moving but the club did not have to do this.

Chillo
18-01-2017, 01:03 PM
They'll probably end up making that away end seeing as they're entitled to about 4.5k

You're probably right; so why not say that?

Why have the email (specifically targetted at U and V ST holders) and website saying different things?

Chillo
18-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Technically the sterile zone covered the entire home support, and most of the away end too that day.

Home support - it always does :moo2:

Away support - well, our 'tactics' didn't exactly help :moo:

RobertCPFC
18-01-2017, 01:19 PM
I went in my normal seat in Block E and enjoyed having the HF behind me. I am planning to go there again for the Man city game but just curious will they be at the front or at the back like last night?

andyocpfc
18-01-2017, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking of taking my little girl to her first game and this would be better than the league as it won't be packed (I wouldn't have thought). I want to sit somewhere whereby I can get out if she doesn't like it (she's 2 and a half) and take her into an Inclosed area that's warm (if it's freezing) but has a tv showing the game. I see all areas of the ground are the same amount so would think the Main stand would be better as it has the back lounges? Also, will she need a ticket if she sits on my lap?

Selhurst Celtic
18-01-2017, 01:24 PM
You're probably right; so why not say that?

Why have the email (specifically targetted at U and V ST holders) and website saying different things?

Everyone associated with the club has completely lost the run of themselves after the long awaited victory last night. Sharon Lacey was singing the Gloria Gaynor classic "I will survive" on the karaoke machine in Crystals in the early hours, the bouncers tried to kick Admin Phil out a couple of times but he kept slipping the net, and Mike Rankine puked up in the back of Parish's yellow Ferrari on the way back to his home in Sun Valley.

Jamie W
18-01-2017, 01:34 PM
I went in my normal seat in Block E and enjoyed having the HF behind me. I am planning to go there again for the Man city game but just curious will they be at the front or at the back like last night?

They are at the back.

LONDONMAN
18-01-2017, 01:38 PM

I think the idea is to stick to the back rows. The acoustics are slightly better just underneath the gallery of the upper tier and it also avoids the problems of those nearer the front who want to remain seated having their view blocked completely.

I decided to be nearer the goal last night in Block E (I'm a Block B Season Ticket holder) and noticed that even though the majority of what was a rather sparse crowd decided to stand, there were still those who remained seated.

I do totally get that people either need or want to stay seated, although I think there were areas in adjacent blocks where they could have sat with nobody blocking the view at all.

For me, ticket arrangements for a Cup Tie are at the Club's discretion surely? You buy your Season Ticket for League games only, can't really see the problem with that and I have held a season ticket regularly since 1976.

Assuming the long awaited stadium development takes place in the next couple of years - what are long term ST holders going to say when their area becomes rail seating?

Not digging other fans out, because I do respect other Palace fans want to keep to their seat or area of the ground, although being an old school Palace supporter, it is the Holmesdale and before Uncle Ron got us to pay for the wonderful stand through LifeLine, we were quite happy standing there, sometimes in pissing rain and occasionally had the entire terrace given over to visiting fans.

Chillo
18-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Everyone associated with the club has completely lost the run of themselves after the long awaited victory last night. Sharon Lacey was singing the Gloria Gaynor classic "I will survive" on the karaoke machine in Crystals in the early hours, the bouncers tried to kick Admin Phil out a couple of times but he kept slipping the net, and Mike Rankine puked up in the back of Parish's yellow Ferrari on the way back to his home in Sun Valley.

You must spread etc. :p

Owngoal
18-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Can only buy ST seats and no extras to bring any kids along?

ebyeeckeagle
18-01-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking of taking my little girl to her first game and this would be better than the league as it won't be packed (I wouldn't have thought). I want to sit somewhere whereby I can get out if she doesn't like it (she's 2 and a half) and take her into an Inclosed area that's warm (if it's freezing) but has a tv showing the game. I see all areas of the ground are the same amount so would think the Main stand would be better as it has the back lounges? Also, will she need a ticket if she sits on my lap?

If you want somewhere slightly more comfortable facility wise, then the main stand definitely. She is possibly past the cut off point for free entry (can't remember tbh) but regardless, For a fiver I would buy an extra ticket and have the extra seat for swinging legs or bags (leg room there can be very tight).

Barbara4003
18-01-2017, 01:53 PM

His Ferrari is red.

Do keep up.

Yoda
18-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Main Stand has lounge bars, but I think you have to leave them when the match is on? They usher you out as the second half starts, so I don't think you can sit in the warm and watch the match on tv.

I haven't tested the system in recent years though, as our child is now a teenager.

Personally I found 3 o/c kick-off tricky when he was a toddler, as it runs into nap time etc. So we started by taking him to the occasional 12 o/c or 1 o/c match. But you know better if your daughter will be OK.

You will need a ticket for her....the seats are pretty tight in the Main Stand and, to be honest, you, your toddler and the people beside you will be squashed if she doesn't have her own seat.

Take plenty of snacks and bear in mind you can't bring in plastic bottles.

I hope you both enjoy it.

RobertCPFC
18-01-2017, 02:08 PM
They are at the back.

I think the idea is to stick to the back rows. The acoustics are slightly better just underneath the gallery of the upper tier and it also avoids the problems of those nearer the front who want to remain seated having their view blocked completely.

I decided to be nearer the goal last night in Block E (I'm a Block B Season Ticket holder) and noticed that even though the majority of what was a rather sparse crowd decided to stand, there were still those who remained seated.

I do totally get that people either need or want to stay seated, although I think there were areas in adjacent blocks where they could have sat with nobody blocking the view at all.

For me, ticket arrangements for a Cup Tie are at the Club's discretion surely? You buy your Season Ticket for League games only, can't really see the problem with that and I have held a season ticket regularly since 1976.

Assuming the long awaited stadium development takes place in the next couple of years - what are long term ST holders going to say when their area becomes rail seating?

Not digging other fans out, because I do respect other Palace fans want to keep to their seat or area of the ground, although being an old school Palace supporter, it is the Holmesdale and before Uncle Ron got us to pay for the wonderful stand through LifeLine, we were quite happy standing there, sometimes in pissing rain and occasionally had the entire terrace given over to visiting fans.

Thanks to both of you.

I thought it worked well last night and I'm happy for it to happen at all cup games. If the HF were in Block B as normal I would have gone there as I did for Stoke and Charlton last season. For now I would wait and not do it for league games as I think it would cause to many problems and some people will not want to be permanently relocated.

I do also understand why some people don't like it but lots of people like to try different places in cup games and for them it's no exception.

I did find I actually had a better view of the game last night compared to league games as a result of being able to stand rather than sitting when some at front stand.

I expect Block F will still be seated for anyone who doesn't want to stand.

andyocpfc
18-01-2017, 02:47 PM
If you want somewhere slightly more comfortable facility wise, then the main stand definitely. She is possibly past the cut off point for free entry (can't remember tbh) but regardless, For a fiver I would buy an extra ticket and have the extra seat for swinging legs or bags (leg room there can be very tight).

Main Stand has lounge bars, but I think you have to leave them when the match is on? They usher you out as the second half starts, so I don't think you can sit in the warm and watch the match on tv.

I haven't tested the system in recent years though, as our child is now a teenager.

Personally I found 3 o/c kick-off tricky when he was a toddler, as it runs into nap time etc. So we started by taking him to the occasional 12 o/c or 1 o/c match. But you know better if your daughter will be OK.

You will need a ticket for her....the seats are pretty tight in the Main Stand and, to be honest, you, your toddler and the people beside you will be squashed if she doesn't have her own seat.

Take plenty of snacks and bear in mind you can't bring in plastic bottles.

I hope you both enjoy it.

Thank you both :)

It's a tricky one as I want her to get into football ASAP (I started a post months ago about 'when to take young children' because I am so eager) and share my passion too. A league game would be too much I think and too crowded so this is going to be the only chance now until next season so it's a tough call. I'm assuming we won't sell out (and also hoping, by some distance to help matters). Naps are of course an issue potentially as she still naps for anything from 45 mins to 2 hours but she has also gone without naps. Being a cup game (and think we'll get beat) If all goes wrong and she doesn't enjoy, be scared or won't settle, I'm prepared to walk out and take the journey home again during the match (about 3 hour round trip). Alternatively If they would allow me into the lounge area I could take her into there. I'm sure they would understand, providing it's not a law against it....hopefully. Is there a certain block in the main stand which is more accommodating to young kids for space and lounge area?

Barbara4003
18-01-2017, 03:11 PM

It's a tricky one as I want her to get into football ASAP (I started a post months ago about 'when to take young children' because I am so eager) and share my passion too. A league game would be too much I think and too crowded so this is going to be the only chance now until next season so it's a tough call. I'm assuming we won't sell out (and also hoping, by some distance to help matters). Naps are of course an issue potentially as she still naps for anything from 45 mins to 2 hours but she has also gone without naps. Being a cup game (and think we'll get beat) If all goes wrong and she doesn't enjoy, be scared or won't settle, I'm prepared to walk out and take the journey home again during the match (about 3 hour round trip). Alternatively If they would allow me into the lounge area I could take her into there. I'm sure they would understand, providing it's not a law against it....hopefully. Is there a certain block in the main stand which is more accommodating to young kids for space and lounge area?

I think you'll find all 3 lounges (Stephenson, Glaziers & Players) are all about the same. Can get very crowded pre-game and at half time, but I'm sure they're pretty empty during the game. I don't think there's an issue with taking young children in any of them. I took my under-1 year old granddaughter in there for the Valencia game (thought I'd ease her in gently to life at Selhurst Park).

Hope she enjoys it :)

andyocpfc
18-01-2017, 03:23 PM
I think you'll find all 3 lounges (Stephenson, Glaziers & Players) are all about the same. Can get very crowded pre-game and at half time, but I'm sure they're pretty empty during the game. I don't think there's an issue with taking young children in any of them. I took my under-1 year old granddaughter in there for the Valencia game (thought I'd ease her in gently to life at Selhurst Park).

Hope she enjoys it :)

Thank you Barbara :) - I emailed the club asking their opinion and had a wonderful and prompt reply from Sharon offering different advice on various lounges. The thing is, I also don't want to annoy others 'if' she does play up. We all know what toddlers can be like and unpredictable especially in new or unfamiliar areas. She is also very inquisitive and now she can walk and run (unlike younger babies), she might just want to run around which obviously is not permitted during the game area. Sharon suggested the Malcolm Alison Lounge (warmer and tables) and Director's box seats but again, I don't want to annoy others that have paid good money. Of course I could be over worrying for nothing and she takes to it like a fish to water and loves it :)

Yoda
18-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Andy, you know your daughter and how likely she is to sit for a while.

If the chances are 50/50, I'd go for it...providing you're also half prepared to give up and leave if necessary, and you won't be too gutted if that occurs.

If it's more like 90% chance she won't sit, maybe you're both better off leaving this till she's a bit older? You don't want a bad experience to put her off.....there's many more years ahead for her to get used to life as a Palace fan!

rbarmy
18-01-2017, 03:51 PM
I took my kids aged about two - more interested in banging the seats up and down than watching Rudi Hedman's silky skills - probably drove everyone around crazy but everyone was nice about it if so

andyocpfc
18-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Andy, you know your daughter and how likely she is to sit for a while.

If the chances are 50/50, I'd go for it...providing you're also half prepared to give up and leave if necessary, and you won't be too gutted if that occurs.

If it's more like 90% chance she won't sit, maybe you're both better off leaving this till she's a bit older? You don't want a bad experience to put her off.....there's many more years ahead for her to get used to life as a Palace fan!

All very true - she is very lively, but I think I'll give it a go and see what happens. As you said, I can always walk out if worst comes to the worst :)

andyocpfc
18-01-2017, 03:52 PM
I took my kids aged about two - more interested in banging the seats up and down than watching Rudi Hedman's silky skills - probably drove everyone around crazy but everyone was nice about it if so

:supergrin:Ahh, my days of growing up when Rudi was in the team :). It's a lot less stressful in the cup so hopefully people will be understanding :)

Jim Cannons Moustache
18-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Parish can do one. Thanks for giving my seat away to his precious pets.
Maybe ill make myself a sad sack banner and go and stand in block b waving it at the sky cameras (or do i hate sky i cant remember)
SAVE THE BLUE ORCHID

eagles #1
18-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Maybe ill make myself a sad sack banner and go and stand in block b waving it at the sky cameras (or do i hate sky i cant remember)
SAVE THE BLUE ORCHID

:D Hope you enjoy the game :)

Penstone Eagle
18-01-2017, 04:58 PM
SAVE THE BLUE ORCHID

:p

Mad Raschic Ken
18-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Thank you Barbara :) - I emailed the club asking their opinion and had a wonderful and prompt reply from Sharon offering different advice on various lounges. The thing is, I also don't want to annoy others 'if' she does play up. We all know what toddlers can be like and unpredictable especially in new or unfamiliar areas. She is also very inquisitive and now she can walk and run (unlike younger babies), she might just want to run around which obviously is not permitted during the game area. Sharon suggested the Malcolm Alison Lounge (warmer and tables) and Director's box seats but again, I don't want to annoy others that have paid good money. Of course I could be over worrying for nothing and she takes to it like a fish to water and loves it :)

This may have already been suguested, but we sit in the family block of the Main Stand by the tunnel (block J). There's a room behind it that doesn't get too busy other than for a short while before ko and at half time. If you get there reasonably early you will easily get a table there pre-match.

Being a family section nobody can really moan about kids annoying them in there! You can sit inside and watch on TV if necessary. Personally I think it's your best option.

Gollum
18-01-2017, 05:15 PM

We all banged seats up and down when Rudi was showing off his skills !

Dorking .Eagle
18-01-2017, 07:19 PM
This may have already been suguested, but we sit in the family block of the Main Stand by the tunnel (block J). There's a room behind it that doesn't get too busy other than for a short while before ko and at half time. If you get there reasonably early you will easily get a table there pre-match.

Being a family section nobody can really moan about kids annoying them in there! You can sit inside and watch on TV if necessary. Personally I think it's your best option.

^this. J block absolutely the best option for a very young one. View of the game not amazing as it's by the tunnel in the corner, however the whole block is full of families, so everyone around you totally understands. And the lounge, whilst nothing flash is a handy retreat.

andyocpfc
18-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Thanks for your help MRK & DE. I'll take that into consideration and have a think. I've been in J before and whilst I find it great, the room out the back is extremely small and gets very busy as you've said (although this could be the case of anywhere TBF). I've never been in the MA lounge before so as a one off will probably give that a go. However, once she's old enough to have a season ticket, J will be the block we would go into on a long term basis. [emoji106]

Kirby
18-01-2017, 09:16 PM
SAVE THE BLUE ORCHID

:supergrin:

Ahhh the Orchid... simpler times.

Chillo
18-01-2017, 10:26 PM
His Ferrari is red.

Do keep up.

I thought the one I saw up at Bolton was another yellow one?! :confused:

Dorking .Eagle
19-01-2017, 06:22 AM
He had the CEO4 TAG plate on a red one on Tuesday night.

King William
19-01-2017, 06:44 AM

You had a reply from Sharon Lacy? I've heard it all now 😮

BaldEagle96
19-01-2017, 08:11 AM
You had a reply from Sharon Lacy? I've heard it all now 😮

Was thinking just that when the answer dawned on me - someone must have hacked into her account!!!!

The Sniper
19-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Post on FB regarding the Palace singing section in Block E:

https://m.facebook.com/HolmesdaleFanatics/photos/a.227651404046471.1073741825.191006134377665/994554550689482/?type=3&source=48

Oddjob
19-01-2017, 01:42 PM
2 and a half is far too young in my opinion, not saying it to be a Dougie Downer but you aren't doing it for her as she will barely be aware of what's happening, you are doing it for you which I get as every father wants to indoctrinate their kid into football but there's a danger of forcing it. I also don't think you appreciate it till you do it how long 90 mins is with a kid wriggling on your lap, and also the impact on those around you if she starts to lose interest, which she will.

Turns out I was a downer, sorry.

Big Fella
19-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Presumably the front of block b will be taken up by HF Youth, a slightly younger, higher pitched version of the HF, who have a rattle rather than a drum.

milky87
19-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your help MRK & DE. I'll take that into consideration and have a think. I've been in J before and whilst I find it great, the room out the back is extremely small and gets very busy as you've said (although this could be the case of anywhere TBF). I've never been in the MA lounge before so as a one off will probably give that a go. However, once she's old enough to have a season ticket, J will be the block we would go into on a long term basis. [emoji106]

She will be fine anywhere in the stadium as the majority of fans are throwing tantrums so she will fit in if she kicks off

Dobbo
19-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Usual cock -up. Refugee from Block V speaking. Supposed to be able to relocate at 17.00 today - web site not working.
10 min wait on phone; pleasant young lady said very few tickets bought so far.

eagles #1
19-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Presumably the front of block b will be taken up by HF Youth, a slightly younger, higher pitched version of the HF, who have a rattle rather than a drum.

Have you got your ticket?

EddieEdwards
19-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Presumably the front of block b will be taken up by HF Youth, a slightly younger, higher pitched version of the HF, who have a rattle rather than a drum.Sadly not. The HF have neglected their youth development since we got promoted. A few of the more promising ones are out on loan to other Ultras groups but the others just aren't ready.

andyocpfc
19-01-2017, 08:25 PM
She will be fine anywhere in the stadium as the majority of fans are throwing tantrums so she will fit in if she kicks off

[emoji3]

PoshPalace
19-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Web site still playing up. Bagoshite

Big Fella
19-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Have you got your ticket?

I'll be in row 21, thanks for asking.

7Ps
19-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Got my (displaced block V) tickets just before 21:00 deadline. Website working fine.

New LP
20-01-2017, 12:00 AM

The family stand may be a good option?

Barcelona B Fan
20-01-2017, 07:21 AM
It's not showing any options for Citeh at the moment??

Just seen tickets available after 9am

andyocpfc
20-01-2017, 08:32 AM
The family stand may be a good option?

Assuming you're referring to the WH Land end. I specifically wanted a stand whereby if it's 'that' cold, I can take her into the warm which obviously isn't possible in the WH lane end being open ended each end. As I've said, block J is probably the future but as her first game I'll probably do one of the nice lounges just to see how she takes to it. I appreciate she's only 2 so will take that risk and if all else fails, I've not wasted a huge amount and will take her home, or watch from the back lounges. :p

scro
20-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Assuming you're referring to the WH Land end. I specifically wanted a stand whereby if it's 'that' cold, I can take her into the warm which obviously isn't possible in the WH lane end being open ended each end. As I've said, block J is probably the future but as her first game I'll probably do one of the nice lounges just to see how she takes to it. I appreciate she's only 2 so will take that risk and if all else fails, I've not wasted a huge amount and will take her home, or watch from the back lounges. :p

You are stealing from tomorrow. Don't do it!!

andyocpfc
20-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Why scro? What do you mean?

Chillo
20-01-2017, 01:56 PM

That you've said block J is the future? :confused:

Anyway, my concern would be that a combination of cold and her age may make it a real strain, remembering this is Palace and there could be a lot of noise, shouting, bad language etc.

You don't really want to put her off for a long time, or have a bad first experience, really.

My youngest went when he was three (also a cup match) and even when he first had a ST (6/7?) he used to spend a lot of the time lying down across three seats (block U during the championship years). I hate to think what it would be like now being crowded in the AW stand.

I know you're looking at a one-off, but maybe a sunny pre-season friendly may be a better bet?

Selhurst Celtic
20-01-2017, 02:27 PM
The best thing about bringing really young kids into Selhurst is that you can stash your drugs, flares & some weapons on them. And if you can convince the missus to collect them from the pub immediately after the game too then you're all set.

Putney Eagle 1
20-01-2017, 03:01 PM

Hi mate - I am taking my 4 year old to her first game at Selhurst and have just plumped for the Whitehorse - she will definitely need a ticket even if she sits on your lap!

scro
20-01-2017, 03:43 PM

The first game experience should be one that both you and your child really yearn for and enjoy. Force it too early and you are removing some fun from the moment when she is ready to fully appreciate it and actually truly wants to go for the right reasons. For me taking a child at 2 is like telling them father christmas doesn't exist before they have even got properly old enough to get excited about him visiting. You are trying to enjoy tomorrows fun today when waiting will be far more rewarding.

Personally i took my son too soon and he was 4. I will not make that mistake with my youngest he will have to wait until he is begging to come with us. Then I will make a big deal about him being allowed (all be it he was at a game when he was a babe in arms but only because his brother was mascot and my mrs wanted to see it).

You won't enjoy taking a 2 year old. It's that simple. It will be shit for both of you.

andyocpfc
20-01-2017, 03:52 PM
That you've said block J is the future? :confused:

Anyway, my concern would be that a combination of cold and her age may make it a real strain, remembering this is Palace and there could be a lot of noise, shouting, bad language etc.

You don't really want to put her off for a long time, or have a bad first experience, really.

My youngest went when he was three (also a cup match) and even when he first had a ST (6/7?) he used to spend a lot of the time lying down across three seats (block U during the championship years). I hate to think what it would be like now being crowded in the AW stand.

I know you're looking at a one-off, but maybe a sunny pre-season friendly may be a better bet?

Perhaps, but I am eager to take her. We have snow suits so I doubt she will get cold in all honesty :). Like your youngster, it's the attention span and lack of ability to sit which may be the problem which is why I wanted a lounge area as a secondary option before the last which is to leave and go home. I emailed the club and they said they would be happy for us to come in to the lounge area and watch on the tv if she won't settle. I have ear muffs, headphones and hats and all which will be fine for noise and I doubt it will be that loud in all honesty based on the fact we're unlikely to win (being realistic). If it doesn't work then I've learned my lesson for a few years. I've taken her to the ground before on a non match day when we also visited Crystal Palace park which she loved (both) even if it wasn't match day. She'll be very excited this time.

Neillo's Son
25-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Sorry if already asked but is this pay on the gate? Not sure I can go just yet and won't get a ticket posted in time, unless you can print them a few hours before?

EddieEdwards
25-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Sorry if already asked but is this pay on the gate? Not sure I can go just yet and won't get a ticket posted in time, unless you can print them a few hours before?Hasn't been announced officially but you'll be able to pay on the day. And yes, you can also order online and print them yourself until the game is removed from the tickets site, which will probably be on the morning of the game.

danpalace07
26-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Can you load this onto the ST instead of ******* about with printing tickets or whatever as was possible in the past? Kind of tempted to go now as a break from the stress of league games

Keith Powell
26-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Hasn't been announced officially but you'll be able to pay on the day. And yes, you can also order online and print them yourself until the game is removed from the tickets site, which will probably be on the morning of the game.

Any idea how sales are going?

GeeTee
26-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Hasn't been announced officially but you'll be able to pay on the day. And yes, you can also order online and print them yourself until the game is removed from the tickets site, which will probably be on the morning of the game.

Will it still be Members only at that stage does anyone know? I see that the Bolton replay didn't go on general sale, so I assume it'll be the same here, despite only 12k shifted so far.

Dorking .Eagle
26-01-2017, 01:14 PM
I see that the Bolton replay didn't go on general sale, so I assume it'll be the same here, despite only 12k shifted so far.

Bolton replay did go on sale on the night to cash sales at the little ticket windows. I guess me might do the same as long as there is no risk of thousands of City fans buying in the home stands

SHIPEAGLE
26-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Don't think Manchester City have sold out yet as appears tickets still available on their website

jaspercpfc
26-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Don't think Manchester City have sold out yet as appears tickets still available on their website

ticket sales are reportedly about 12.5k to date, and City haven't sold out.

Mr Bo Jangles
26-01-2017, 05:42 PM
16/17,000 at a push

Stavros 69
28-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Parish has got this one so wrong

Kai
28-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Should've been 15 adults and kids for a quid. Fill the stadium and let people who normally can't afford it get a chance at going.

Ryan_the_eagle
28-01-2017, 11:26 AM
15 and we would of sold out. Surprised they haven't put them on general sale and had people chasing tourist groups around trafalgar square.

cpfc4evandeva
28-01-2017, 11:31 AM
13k is my guess.

Not putting this on general sale looks like the club are chasing membership fees to me.

foxinthebox
28-01-2017, 11:39 AM
15 and we would of sold out. Surprised they haven't put them on general sale and had people chasing tourist groups around trafalgar square.

Nah i doubt we would have

Big Al
28-01-2017, 11:58 AM
15 and we would of sold out.

Utter rubbish

Nth Kent Eagle
28-01-2017, 12:04 PM
A serious pricing blunder by the club. Mr Parish and Mrs Alexander should review the decision making process here. It is a golden opportunity to attract casual support by sensible Southampton cup style pricing. Instead the club has developed a pricing strategy designed to maximise short term revenue based on elasticity of demand rather than build relationships with the community. An off-pitch administrative blunder by whoever decided on the 25 price.

Mr Bo Jangles
28-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Didn't learn from the Liverpool 5th round game two years ago, same price and only 20,000 and we were playing better. 15 and 1 would have easily got over 20k.

Danny_Cheviot
28-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Should've been 15 adults and kids for a quid. Fill the stadium and let people who normally can't afford it get a chance at going.

Spot on.

cpfc4evandeva
28-01-2017, 12:49 PM
A serious pricing blunder by the club. Mr Parish and Mrs Alexander should review the decision making process here. It is a golden opportunity to attract casual support by sensible Southampton cup style pricing. Instead the club has developed a pricing strategy designed to maximise short term revenue based on elasticity of demand rather than build relationships with the community. An off-pitch administrative blunder by whoever decided on the 25 price.

The club are absolutely banking on us staying in the Premier League for the rest of time, where real supporters can just be replaced by tourists. Why would you need to get dads taking their kids when there's more money to be made out of tourists from China?

If we go down and stay there for more than a few years, we're in big trouble. The casual fans who have been priced out will not just suddenly make an instant return when they're needed by the club. People fall out of the 'Palace habit' and find other hobbies instead.

Lingfield Eagle
28-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Agreed, I paid 20 for Bolton so am not paying another 25 today, especially conidering their current home performances. However I would have paid 10 for Bolton and 15-20 for today.

Billyd
28-01-2017, 01:17 PM
13k is my guess.

Not putting this on general sale looks like the club are chasing membership fees to me.

Yeap 25 quid and then a membership fee. Never going to attract new/causal fans. Greed as usual the case at the moment.

dmf73
28-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Anyone know what time the box office is open til?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
28-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Never been bothered about Palace quite as little as I am these days. I will keep my ear out for the result or maybe get a commentary if there is one on mainstream radio. Never even flirted with the idea of going today and although I am going to Bournemouth on Tuesday night if someone told me I couldn't I would get over it very quickly. Looking forward to what happens before and after the football but the football itself is becoming a chore. Well done to those turning out today. Hope the team play well and defy the odds.

racehorse-80s
28-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Shows how our support would plummet if we are relegated .

WLYWLYAWYPWF
28-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Anyone know what time the box office is open til?

It's usually open until it shuts but don't quote me on it.

Mr Bo Jangles
28-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Pawson's arms nearly empty. Landlord reckons 12000 tickets sold.

racehorse-80s
28-01-2017, 02:30 PM

Including City fans ?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
28-01-2017, 02:35 PM

I wouldn't have thought you'd get that many in there. Must have a big beer garden?

Mr Bo Jangles
29-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Still queueing for a beer��

Penstone Eagle
29-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Pricing was another cock up by Parish yesterday, insult to fans.

ebyeeckeagle
29-01-2017, 10:21 PM
46 Manure charged for their Wigan home tie, apparently charged that last time too. And again Wigan subsidised the cost for their fans.

If the FA really want to reinvigorate the Cup, pricing structure is one thing they could look at, beyond merely stating a minimum cost. They have the ability to do that as part of entry.

dartfordeagle
29-01-2017, 10:51 PM
What was the official attendance?

orp pisshead1
30-01-2017, 01:32 AM
What was the official attendance?

Around 13,900 I think or couple hundred less.

RobertCPFC
30-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Around 13,900 I think or couple hundred less.

13,979 to be specific.

Palacemad2002
30-01-2017, 10:34 AM
The club really need to take a look at themselves. The half empty ground and souless atmosphere on Saturday surely cant have been worth the decision to charge 25 and have some stupid members only rule in place? Southampton charged 15 and St Marys was packed to the rafters. That 10 really does make all the difference to your average match going supporter. The club are so out of touch with fans and the local community at the moment its scary. I think they sometimes forget that we're not a club of Chelsea or Arsenals stature and never will be. 'South London and Proud' my arse, you could have fooled me.

Oli28
30-01-2017, 11:12 AM
The club really need to take a look at themselves. The half empty ground and souless atmosphere on Saturday surely cant have been worth the decision to charge 25 and have some stupid members only rule in place? Southampton charged 15 and St Marys was packed to the rafters. That 10 really does make all the difference to your average match going supporter. The club are so out of touch with fans and the local community at the moment its scary. I think they sometimes forget that we're not a club of Chelsea or Arsenals stature and never will be. 'South London and Proud' my arse, you could have fooled me.
Exactly this. It felt like it was a pre-season friendly on Saturday. 4th round of the cup against a top team should be a big occasion and I have no doubt they could have shifted thousands of tickets to local schools etc to try and build a local fanbase who might conceivably come and watch us again should we go down. Another opportunity missed. The club has seriously lost its way.