PDA

View Full Version : Spurs (H) Wednesday 26th April 8pm Live on Sky Sports - sold out

colin_cork
23-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Safe to say if spurs win next round of Europa league, this will be changed to the Sunday?

EddieEdwards
23-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes. It's also FA Cup 6th round weekend, so if either team makes it to that stage the game will be moved.

colin_cork
23-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Yes. It's also FA Cup 6th round weekend, so if either team makes it to that stage the game will be moved.

Cool. Might wait to see if Watford game is easier to get over for so
Thanks

pgw152
23-01-2017, 04:59 PM
The Watford one is the one to go for if wanting to get the most advance booking possible, also one would think that having Watford v Palace on TV once in a season (Dec 26th 2016) is enough for anyone and that the March 18th match won't move from it's 3pm slot, can't be sure, but it's a safer bet than March 11th and Spuz possible involvement in multiple cups

What Feb match are you doing? I plumed for Feb 25th v Boro when it became clear that prices weren't coming down (and they've gone up by 40e since booking), but Ryanair could conceivably flash sale it I suppose...

If you've ever done Quidco, look out for the 10 bonus if you haven't used them (Quidco) in a while. Will get all London day Travelcard including out of/in to Gatwick for Feb 25th for under 2 (after getting the 10 quidco bonus + standard quidco cashback) from VirginTrains.

When PayPal think you don't like them anymore, they do a similar free 5 enticement which can be used for a virtually free LGW-Selhurst-LGW return.

colin_cork
23-01-2017, 08:26 PM
No February game for me. Was over for Everton , will have to wait til march for next and then OT for last game of the season.
I usually go stansted anyway and use oyster around london

Worzel Ron
24-01-2017, 07:20 PM
If Palace v Spurs is on that weekend it could be paired with the Watford Game!

If not the Watford Game could maybe then be paired with the Arsenal Game!

Sorry to raise this one>

Worzel Ron
24-01-2017, 07:21 PM
If Palace v Spurs is on that weekend it could be paired with the Watford Game!

If not the Watford Game could maybe then be paired with the Arsenal Game!

Sorry to raise this one.

colin_cork
26-01-2017, 05:04 PM
March fixtures announced so I presume if this is moved it'll be 14:15 on Sunday?

CJ PLUM
26-01-2017, 05:31 PM
March fixtures announced so I presume if this is moved it'll be 14:15 on Sunday?

If we are both out of the cup and Spurs are still in the Europa League this will be played on Sunday 12th March with either a 1:30 or 4:00 kick-off. This may depend on what game is still televised by Sky on that Sunday. If no Sky TV game is still scheduled then it can return to a 3:00 kick-off. I would think that Sainsbury's and our corporate sales would prefer us to have a later kick-off.

If either team are still in the cup the game will be postponed with the most likely date for the rearranged game being 26th April.

colin_cork
26-01-2017, 09:25 PM
If we are both out of the cup and Spurs are still in the Europa League this will be played on Sunday 12th March with either a 1:30 or 4:00 kick-off. This may depend on what game is still televised by Sky on that Sunday. If no Sky TV game is still scheduled then it can return to a 3:00 kick-off. I would think that Sainsbury's and our corporate sales would prefer us to have a later kick-off.

If either team are still in the cup the game will be postponed with the most likely date for the rearranged game being 25th or 26th April.

Televised games are picked for the 12th already

CJ PLUM
27-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Televised games are picked for the 12th already

Yes but all games selected involve teams who are likely to be still in the cup so those games will be postponed.

colin_cork
31-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Spurs away to Fulham... Good chance Palace v spurs will be called off then

7Ps
31-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Don't we play Spurs on sixth round day, not fifth?

Ryan_the_eagle
31-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Don't we play Spurs on sixth round day, not fifth?

Yer spurs are playing Fulham so a good chance they'll get through and the game will be called off. Would be a strike of luck for me as I've booked the weekend away accidentally.

7Ps
01-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Cheers. Only thought of that after I had posted...

Ev
01-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Tickets now on sale.

Not linked to another Cat 'B' game, surprisingly?

As mentioned, highly unlikely to be on Sat 11th March anyway, due to their FA Cup/Europa league runs.

JAS78
01-02-2017, 10:29 PM
In Benidorm that weekend for a Stag do, the groom to be is a Spurs fan so we were all going to pile in a bar for the game. Probably for the best Spurs get through, less arguments

Tristanjt
10-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Having had a brief look at the various football calendars, I think that this is likely to move to Tues 28th/Weds 29th March in the event of Spurs reaching the quarters of the FA Cup. That certainly seems to be the first available date after the original fixture.

Prince Phillip
11-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Having had a brief look at the various football calendars, I think that this is likely to move to Tues 28th/Weds 29th March in the event of Spurs reaching the quarters of the FA Cup. That certainly seems to be the first available date after the original fixture.

That's still in international week. eg ROI play a friendly on Tues 28th. England/Scotland/NI & many others play qualifiers on Sun 26th. Can't see a Premier League fixture being played 48/72 hrs later!

Tristanjt
11-02-2017, 03:48 PM
That's still in international week. eg ROI play a friendly on Tues 28th. England/Scotland/NI & many others play qualifiers on Sun 26th. Can't see a Premier League fixture being played 48/72 hrs later!

Yep, completely missed that...maybe mid to late April then? All hypothetical until next Sunday's tie though.

CJ PLUM
12-02-2017, 05:15 PM

France, Belgium, Netherlands and South Korea all have international fixtures on Tuesday 28th March.

Only 2 midweeks are available until the end of the season if games are not played in the European fixture weeks - the week after the semi-finals and the last week of the season.

The game would probably move to Wednesday 26th April as Spurs could playing on the previous Sunday after a Europa League fixture.

There could even be a scenario where because of TV picks we play Liverpool away on Monday 23rd April and then play Spurs on Thursday 27th April with the game against Burnley moved back to the Sunday.

Tristanjt
12-02-2017, 09:05 PM
France, Belgium, Netherlands and South Korea all have international fixtures on Tuesday 28th March.

Only 2 midweeks are available until the end of the season if games are not played in the European fixture weeks - the week after the semi-finals and the last week of the season.

The game would probably move to Wednesday 26th April as Spurs could playing on the previous Sunday after a Europa League fixture.

There could even be a scenario where because of TV picks we play Liverpool away on Monday 23rd April and then play Spurs on Thursday 27th April with the game against Burnley moved back to the Sunday.
Yep, middle of the last full week in April will be the one (similar to Everton last year). Could be a massive game. We'll know this time next week!

Steve in Phoenix
13-02-2017, 12:17 PM
That would be awful for us. We need Spurs to get through against Gent (so they have to play on the 9th March) but we really need Fulham to knock them out of the cup.

pgw152
14-02-2017, 06:35 PM
That would be awful for us. We need Spurs to get through against Gent (so they have to play on the 9th March) but we really need Fulham to knock them out of the cup.
Anyone going to the Fulham match to help make this happen? Maybe get in the Spurs end and cause cup disqualification rate carnage

masonic palace
15-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Could be a massive game. We'll know this time next week!
Unless of course Fulham v Spurs goes to a replay.......

TAK
16-02-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm over for both Spurs and Watford. They better not move either!

caaaallluummm
18-02-2017, 01:58 PM
when is this game likely to be confirmated date and time as i live in ireland but im planning on coming over for it

Oli28
18-02-2017, 02:02 PM
when is this game likely to be confirmated date and time as i live in ireland but im planning on coming over for it
Depends on spurs get on tomorrow against Fulham, and against gent on thursday

AddoWolz
19-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Possible date Wed 1st March ?

pgw152
19-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Possible date Wed 1st March ?
Palace v Spuz brought forward to Wed 1st March? I'd have thought the thing about having to change fixtures at least 14 days in advance would also stop a fixture being brought forward to be within the next 14 days. Not at all sure to be sure...

Tristanjt
19-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Last week in April surely?

Danny_Cheviot
19-02-2017, 03:58 PM
I think Spurs should bye the game and give the 3 pts to us.

pgw152
19-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Last week in April surely?
Ye, that seems to be the fixture catch-up week. Can't decide whether it will help us or not... will Spuz be knackered by cup matches and restricted to 3rd/4th in league by then, etc...?

Oli28
19-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Ye, that seems to be the fixture catch-up week. Can't decide whether it will help us or not... will Spuz be knackered by cup matches and restricted to 3rd/4th in league by then, etc...?
Unless something dramatically changes by then, they'll most likely be one of 5 teams going for the remaining 3 champions league spots. They'll beat us whenever we play though so we'd probably get it out of the way sooner so we aren't too tired for the games where we might get something.

stinky
20-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Definitely won't be happening on 11th, no? If so that's a result for me, as I'm away that weekend.

pgw152
20-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Definitely won't be happening on 11th, no? If so that's a result for me, as I'm away that weekend.
Defo not, March is looking bare and April very full

Ev
20-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Defo not, March is looking bare and April very full

Could well be a May midweek, depending on how far they go in Europe.

glaziers fan
20-02-2017, 02:39 PM
I think it's a blessing in disguise. Might be really nice to have an extra home game just as the season is drawing to a close. Ok, it's against Spurs, but they may have other priorities by then.

But the first thing we need to do is win the next 3 games.

Oli28
20-02-2017, 02:48 PM
I think it's a blessing in disguise. Might be really nice to have an extra home game just as the season is drawing to a close. Ok, it's against Spurs, but they may have other priorities by then.

But the first thing we need to do is win the next 3 games.
Like what? They'll probably only have the FA Cup and a chase for a top 4 finish to play for at that point, and I know which they'll prioritise more.

stevek
20-02-2017, 02:49 PM
I wish they'd work out when this will be re-arranged so I can work out my cycling plans :)

disco mixx kidd
26-02-2017, 03:23 PM
U easiest trip Steve lol

stevek
26-02-2017, 06:28 PM
U easiest trip Steve lol

Well, same as all the other home games. But it's likely to be in a midweek with a big trip (Liverpool or Manchester) at the weekend.

Norwich_Eagle
27-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Schedule as it currently is for Spurs:

12th March - FA Cup Quarter-Finals
19th March - Southampton (H)
26th March - International Week - No Fixture

All matches from here could be changed for TV as well, as nothing is announced after the 19th March for the Premier League

1st April - Burnley (A)
4th April - Swansea (A)
8th April - Watford (H)
15th April - Bournemouth (H)
22nd April - Leicester (A) or FA Cup Semi-Finals
29th April - Arsenal (H)

6th May - West Ham (A)
13th May - Man. U. (H)
21st May - Hull (A)

Looking at the above, basically we are playing mid-week in April - I would imagine the 11th or 12th April - depending if fixtures are moved for either team the weekend before for TV. That would mean our fixtures in April are:

1st - Chelsea - Away
5th - Southampton - Away
8th - Arsenal - Home
11th or 12th - Tottenham - Home
15th - Leicester - Home
22nd - Liverpool - Away
29th - Burnley - Home

old git
27-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Schedule as it currently is for Spurs:

12th March - FA Cup Quarter-Finals
19th March - Southampton (H)
26th March - International Week - No Fixture

All matches from here could be changed for TV as well, as nothing is announced after the 19th March for the Premier League

1st April - Burnley (A)
4th April - Swansea (A)
8th April - Watford (H)
15th April - Bournemouth (H)
22nd April - Leicester (A) or FA Cup Semi-Finals
29th April - Arsenal (H)

6th May - West Ham (A)
13th May - Man. U. (H)
21st May - Hull (A)

Looking at the above, basically we are playing mid-week in April - I would imagine the 11th or 12th April - depending if fixtures are moved for either team the weekend before for TV. That would mean our fixtures in April are:

1st - Chelsea - Away
5th - Southampton - Away
8th - Arsenal - Home
11th or 12th - Tottenham - Home
15th - Leicester - Home
22nd - Liverpool - Away
29th - Burnley - Home

Probably better if we have a full weeks rest before Leicester and Burnley where the chance of getting points is higher.Playing on the 18th or 19th would be preferable.

Steve in Phoenix
27-02-2017, 03:30 PM
At least there's only 1 long away trip to Liverpool in the whole month. Chelsea and Soton are pretty short trips.

It's not so bad playing midweek if you're playing at home at the weekends too.

EddieEdwards
27-02-2017, 04:42 PM
11th/12th and 18th/19th April are Champions League nights. Although Spurs are out of Europe, it's still unlikely that our game against them will be rescheduled on a European week. 25th/26th April is more likely.

RobertCPFC
27-02-2017, 04:44 PM
I think tomorrow is the likely day for April's TV changes to be announced so we should hear then.

Norwich_Eagle
27-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Was it not the case a few years ago that the Premier League basically told UEFA that they could shove the ruling up their backside in terms of playing Domestic fixtures on "European" Nights? I seem to remember a Merseyside derby being played on a Wednesday this time of year because Liverpool were in the League Cup final as well as having FA Cup fixtures.

I am pretty confident that the English Football League signed the agreement that stated that they would not have fixtures during "European" nights, but, the Premier League did not. UEFA then said that the Premier League was a part of the English Football League and therefore had to abide by it.

Norwich_Eagle
27-02-2017, 05:17 PM
I've found the answer to my own question on http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8673708/fa-punished-by-uefa-for-playing-domestic-fixtures-on-same-night-as-european-games

So it appears that Premier League and the two cup competitions cannot clash. As a result, we are probably looking at the end of April being the earliest available date.

EddieEdwards
27-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Cup replays and rearranged Premier League games have been held on Euro nights occasionally in the last couple of years, in cases where it was virtually impossible to find an alternative date. But the last week of April and 16th/17th May are free weeks and will almost certainly be used for rearranged matches before they start thinking about other weeks.

EFL fixtures are regularly held on Euro nights - it would be impossible for the EFL to fit all their fixtures in otherwise!

There has been some mention of the Euro no-clash rule being discontinued in future seasons but I'm not sure exactly what's happening about that.

CJ PLUM
27-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Cup replays and rearranged Premier League games have been held on Euro nights occasionally in the last couple of years, in cases where it was virtually impossible to find an alternative date. But the last week of April and 16th/17th May are free weeks and will almost certainly be used for rearranged matches before they start thinking about other weeks.

EFL fixtures are regularly held on Euro nights - it would be impossible for the EFL to fit all their fixtures in otherwise!

There has been some mention of the Euro no-clash rule being discontinued in future seasons but I'm not sure exactly what's happening about that.

Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) had a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with UEFA to not play premier league, FA cup or League Cup games at the same time as European fixtures and the Premier League has previously had 1.1million deducted from their share of funds for such unavoidable fixture clashes.
In October last year following disagreement over changes to qualification for European club competitions due to be implemented in 2018 they gave notice that MoU would be withdrawn and this notice finishes on 15th March 2017 so in theory games could be played on European nights after this date.

Spurs game most likely to be 25/ 26th April depending on possible semi-final. Unlikely to be televised as, assuming they will still televise the same games, the 4 TV games postponed from 11th March will be rearranged for either this mid-week or the last week of the season .

Arsenal, Southampton, Manchester City and Manchester United could all have 3 postponed games and only 2 midweek slots available especially as Sky want to leave Manc derby till last week of the season.

Dorking .Eagle
27-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Very much so, although its a bit like a media black out on the Championship on those nights, especially on radio stations like Talk Sport who are obsessed with the big English clubs in the CL

Jon_C-Pal
01-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Surley it would just make sense to play this on the Tuesday 14th March? Only 3 days for watford but it'll happen no matter what week it's played.

EddieEdwards
01-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Surley it would just make sense to play this on the Tuesday 14th March? Only 3 days for watford but it'll happen no matter what week it's played.Spurs have their FA Cup QF on Sunday 12th March. And anyway, there are Champions League matches that week.

If, as expected, the game is rearranged for the last week in April, then it'll be Wednesday 26th, as both Palace and Spurs are playing on Sunday 23rd.

Selhurst Celtic
01-03-2017, 01:48 PM
If, as expected, the game is rearranged for the last week in April, then it'll be Wednesday 26th, as both Palace and Spurs are playing on Sunday 23rd.

They'll make Palace play on the Thursday and let Spurs play on the Wednesday to give them an extra days rest before the 23rd because the league HATES Palace.

Chris K
01-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Has to be the 26th April for me as i'm in Thailand 07/04 - 24/04, don't want to be missing more games

RON GADD
01-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Now our Arsenal Match has been pencilled in for Monday 10 April (subject to CL ) it is unlikely we will play a mid week match that week

Dorking .Eagle
01-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Now our Arsenal Match has been pencilled in for Monday 10 April (subject to CL ) it is unlikely we will play a mid week match that week

11 and 12 April is the Champions League quarter finals, 13 April is Europa League quarter finals. See post #51 - nothing to stop rearranged Prem games being played then, but remains to be seen if the likes of BT sport (who have paid for loads of coverage) would kick up a fuss.

But as you say, Palace playing on the Monday night and again on the following Saturday makes it extremely unlikely anyway.

Prince Phillip
02-03-2017, 02:34 PM
I note Man City and Stoke have managed to slot in an FA Cup-affected fixture to next Wed 08/03.
Indeed, playing the game before the scheduled original date with 2 champions league games the same night.

pgw152
03-03-2017, 07:56 AM
If we play Arsenal on the 10th, could they double up and have us do the Spurs as the Friday 7th April match?
They could bill it as something daft like:
"Turfs Wars 2, North South FNF+MNF battle royale"

lee_cpfc
14-03-2017, 10:58 AM
How the hell has this not be announced yet?

Tristanjt
14-03-2017, 07:14 PM
My guess is that it *surely* must be announced this week - I imagine that the club's are waiting for BBC / BT to sort out their FA Cup semi schedule with our rearranged match being on the Tuesday if Spurs play their semi on the Sat / Weds if they play on the Sunday.

EddieEdwards
14-03-2017, 10:21 PM
My guess is that it *surely* must be announced this week - I imagine that the club's are waiting for BBC / BT to sort out their FA Cup semi schedule with our rearranged match being on the Tuesday if Spurs play their semi on the Sat / Weds if they play on the Sunday.We have Liverpool away on the Sunday, so if the match is rearranged for that week then it'll be on Wed 26th April.

Spurs now also have their away game at Leicester to rearrange so it's possible that they'll play that one in the April week and our game might have to wait till the last week of the season.

Penstone Eagle
15-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Find out when Kane is due back after injury, sods law he'll make his comeback against us. That should narrow down the fixture date.

lee_cpfc
15-03-2017, 09:04 AM
We have Liverpool away on the Sunday, so if the match is rearranged for that week then it'll be on Wed 26th April.

Spurs now also have their away game at Leicester to rearrange so it's possible that they'll play that one in the April week and our game might have to wait till the last week of the season.

10th or 17th May is available?

EddieEdwards
15-03-2017, 10:42 AM
10th or 17th May is available?9th/10th are Champions League nights so it's more likely that they'll use the last week (16th/17th) to avoid the clash.

ReadingPalace
15-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Spurs were pony at the end of last season, so a repeat of that would be welcome, if this ends up being in the last week.

arm chair eagle
19-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Anyone know when the spurs game will be played .Surely they know Spurs are in the semi final it could be arranged?

some of us have to plan a head .

chrisophiex
19-03-2017, 07:55 PM
some of us have to plan a head .

And the rest !

wrightchipvcfc
19-03-2017, 08:58 PM
When Danny rose and Harry Kane are fit spurs might make a date

thereichstuff
19-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Plan ahead from your arm chair ?

Ron Dodgers
19-03-2017, 09:13 PM
The online ticket site shows the Palace v Spurs match as being at 3pm on Thursday 1st June, but clicking on the more information button leads to a screen saying the date and time has yet to be confirmed. Presumably the software demands a date so they put a dummy date in. You don't see many Thursday afternoon kick offs outside of international tournaments...

Penstone Eagle
19-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Spurs were pony at the end of last season, so a repeat of that would be welcome, if this ends up being in the last week.

Away to Hull last game of the season, they'll be hoping the same.

Mark_cpfc
20-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Rearranged for Wednesday 26th April

housey100
20-03-2017, 10:37 AM
https://www.premierleague.com/news/353804

ForzaPalace
20-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Liverpool Away, Spurs at Home and Burnley at home in 6 days. Not ideal.

ExiledStirling
20-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Rearranged for Wednesday 26th April
7 games in April is a tough ask :(

stevek
20-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Looks like I'll be riding straight to Selhurst from the final leg off my return journey from Liverpool.

old git
20-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Who ******* arranges these dates.Playing just before one of our 'easier' games is just ridiculous.

Palace121
20-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Who ******* arranges these dates.Playing just before one of our 'easier' games is just ridiculous.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Big Al
20-03-2017, 11:10 AM

When do you think it should have been played? Why is this date any more ridiculous than any other?

GrayP41ace
20-03-2017, 11:15 AM
It's not too bad, the Sunday game for us isn't great but Tottenham play Chelsea the Saturday Evening before hand, will put out a full strength side, and it usually ends with the odd red card too, fingers crossed.

Palace121
20-03-2017, 11:17 AM
It's not too bad, the Sunday game for us isn't great but Tottenham play Chelsea the Saturday Evening before hand, will put out a full strength side, and it usually ends with the odd red card too, fingers crossed.

Unfortunately for us, Spurs are probably the fittest team in the league. On the plus side, the sooner it is, the more likely it is that Kane will still be out.

trufan
20-03-2017, 11:24 AM
On the plus side, this is a date I'm not working so can get along to Selhurst. On the downside, that cluster of fixtures - ending with one of our few "winnable"-looking games - could severely hamper our survival chances. On balance, I'm not happy at all. :(

Reg_Maudling
20-03-2017, 11:40 AM
they are playing chelsea four days before and arsenal four days afterwards

Reg_Maudling
20-03-2017, 11:44 AM
7 games in April is a tough ask :(

true but spurs playing 8 games in april and possibly without kane

Mictor Voses
20-03-2017, 11:49 AM
This isn't that bad. At least we have two games in a row at Selhurst and don't have to make a trip up North in between games. We are much fitter these days so I'm sure the players will be ready for it and Allardyce will have a plan to get them ready.

old git
20-03-2017, 12:43 PM
When do you think it should have been played? Why is this date any more ridiculous than any other?

Why not before the man.city game and after the Burnley game ?

RobertCPFC
20-03-2017, 12:45 PM
It was always going to be that night as there is no European games that week (Premier League would proabably rather they didn't clash) and we couldn't play on the Tuesday.

Dorking .Eagle
20-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Once again I bow to the superb schedule forecasting skills of CJ PLUM

Polak
20-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately for us, Spurs are probably the fittest team in the league. On the plus side, the sooner it is, the more likely it is that Kane will still be out.
I saw somewhere the Kan is targeting the Arsenal match for his return which is on 30th April.

Brumie Allan
20-03-2017, 01:11 PM
I saw somewhere the Kane is targeting the Arsenal match for his return which is on 30th April.Let's hope he doesn't want a warm up against us.

Chris K
20-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Has to be the 26th April for me as i'm in Thailand 07/04 - 24/04, don't want to be missing more games

Thanks Premier League computer thing

I didn't realise Kane was out injured. Let's hope he takes time to recover fully than rush back

Twilko
20-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Just checking before heading to the ticket trading thread: I'm guessing this sold out months ago?

The ticket site only lists Chelsea as sold out at the moment.

Tim of the 80's
20-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Just checking before heading to the ticket trading thread: I'm guessing this sold out months ago?

Just got two pretty good seats in the Arthur

delboy01
20-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Some people will return tickets now the date is announced. I would give it a few days.

Twilko
20-03-2017, 03:23 PM

I was going to ask how as the pick seats button was greyed out when I checked earlier today, but just checked again and also snagged two seats in the Arthur. :p

The rearranged game just happens to coincide with a trip home which means I can actually go to more than one Palace game in a season for the first time since 2007/08!

Big Al
20-03-2017, 03:27 PM

A contradiction in terms surely?

Norwich_Eagle
20-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Chelsea (A) - 1st April
Southampton - (A) - 5th April
Arsenal (H) - 10th April
Leicester (H) - 15th April
Liverpool (A) - 23rd April
Tottenham (H) - 26th April
Burnley (H) - 29th April

I was thinking that April was going to be a nightmare but to be fair 5 of the 7 games are either at home or in London, one is a little hour drive to Southampton which only leaves Liverpool as a big trip - 8 days after a home game. Although it is congested it is not physically demanding in terms of travel etc.

Liverpool, Watford & WBA have 5 games
Bournemouth, Burnley, Everton, Hull, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea & West Ham have 6 games
Us, Arsenal Chelsea, Manchester City, Middlesbrough & Tottenham everyone else have 7 games
Leicester have 8 games
Manchester United have 9 games

racehorse-80s
20-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Winners and losers and luckily I am a winner as it falls on my Wednesday /Thursday off .

Big Al
20-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Chelsea (A) - 1st April
Arsenal (H) - 10th April
Burnley (H) - 29th April

I was thinking that April was going to be a nightmare but to be fair 5 of the 7 games are either at home or in London, one is a little hour drive to Southampton which only leaves Liverpool as a big trip - 8 days after a home game. Although it is congested it is not physically demanding in terms of travel etc.

Bournemouth, Burnley, Everton, Hull, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea & West Ham have 6 games
Us, Arsenal Chelsea, Manchester City, Middlesbrough & Tottenham everyone else have 7 games
Leicester have 8 games

An hours drive to Southampton? Are you Lewis Hamilton?

bodger
20-03-2017, 06:21 PM
The two small breaks our players have had may be to our advantage. Lose two key players and it could go tits up very quickly for any of the bottom teams.

stevek
20-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Chelsea (A) - 1st April
Arsenal (H) - 10th April
Burnley (H) - 29th April

Leicester have 8 games

Well, you're clearly not cycling to them all... ��

Norwich_Eagle
20-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Well, you're clearly not cycling to them all... ��
No I'm driving them from Norwich and back lol [emoji1]

Norwich_Eagle
20-03-2017, 07:14 PM
An hours drive to Southampton? Are you Lewis Hamilton?
Okay... 90 minutes

delboy01
20-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Not in the rush hour on the M3 its not. It will take that long to get to the m3!!!! I'd say 2.5 - 3 hrs.

old git
20-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Not in the rush hour on the M3 its not. It will take that long to get to the m3!!!! I'd say 2.5 - 3 hrs.

Leave at 2.30. Only one has to abstain:p

maestro
20-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Hopefully Kane still out then

Reg_Maudling
20-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Edit spurs have seven also because their game with Leicester is postponed because of the champions league

Duffle Coat
20-03-2017, 07:53 PM
So, for or against Spurs in the FA Cup? Looking at the permutations:
Chelsea win by the odd goal in a dour but unremarkable match- Spurs disappointed but looking to bounce back to keep their second place safe. Spurs win in the opposite variant - Spurs strut their stuff in Wednesday's follow up. Chelsea wipe the floor with Spurs. Totally demoralized Spurs capitulate further vs Palace. Chelsea win after extra time and penalties- Spurs heartbroken but vow to make up for it v Palace. Energy sapping Wembley turf end up drawing at Selhurst. Spurs hammer Chelsea, go on the lash and get spanked down to earth by Palace. My guess is that we will benefit from a tired Spurs and get a draw or possibly a narrow win because of the energy levels.

FourtyTwo
20-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Got to hope for extra time. Not sure the result will matter, depending on how they are doing in the league by then - if they are still top 4 by then (which you'd expect) then regardless of the cup, they'll want to push on and make the Champions League.

Norwich_Eagle
20-03-2017, 10:53 PM
I'm fairly confident the team wouldn't be travelling in rush hour

Tim of the 80's
20-03-2017, 11:50 PM
A contradiction in terms surely?
around the halfway line in the lower part of the Arthur is about my favourite place to sit as it happens.

cranesparkeagle
20-03-2017, 11:58 PM
How long is Harry Kane out for

El Aguila
21-03-2017, 07:25 AM

Does such a thing exist?
Oops, see you've dealt with this.

Kirby
21-03-2017, 10:43 AM
How long is Harry Kane out for

Not expected back until 30th April, which means he'll be back on 26th April.

Reg_Maudling
21-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Means he might come on a sub in our game if he is aiming to start the arsenal game

Nigelbrag
21-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Wow, we are going to have to accumulate as many points as possible (2 wins Saints and Leicester) would be huge and really take a lot of the pressure off, before that hectic 6 day period when we play Liverpool, Spurs then Burnley. By which time we will probably be knackered mentally and physically.

bodger
22-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Wow, we are going to have to accumulate as many points as possible (2 wins Saints and Leicester) would be huge and really take a lot of the pressure off, before that hectic 6 day period when we play Liverpool, Spurs then Burnley. By which time we will probably be knackered mentally and physically.

Or flying high after securing our premier league place.

PALACEWU
22-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Yep.

wrightchipvcfc
22-03-2017, 02:16 PM
Think sam might learn from the arsenal away game and Swansea home game many of the players looked tired with only 2 days rest.would want his strongest team for burnley game so may rotate for Liverpool and spurs games

sl6 Eagle
07-04-2017, 09:24 PM
I purchased 2 tickets for this match nearly 3 weeks ago and they still haven't been delivered, anyone having a similar issue for this match? They are usually pretty prompt with sending them out.
I guess I'll have to contact the box office.

Nelson Muntz
08-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Bollox. Having a minor operation that day.
I'm out.

Kirby
08-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Kane's back in the squad today so will definitely start against us.

EddieEdwards
25-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Officially sold out.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-home-match-against-tottenham-hotspur-is-now-sold-out-3692699.aspx

laughing_gravy
26-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Been trying to sell my seats for tonight's game on that Twickets website (as instructed by the box office). Can't believe nobody wants them.
Does anyone actually get referred there by the box office as I've never heard of it before.

RobertCPFC
26-04-2017, 02:17 PM
The first I heard of it was yesterday at bottom of the page saying the Spurs game has sold out. I would have expected the club to make a big thing of mentioning the resale partner especially as I'm sure the demand is there.

I don't know about twickets but do they only sell at face value or less? I think it's a good idea to do this but I don't want tickets for sale over the market value that I know some places do.

laughing_gravy
26-04-2017, 02:21 PM
They sell them at face value but where you used to get all of your money back for your season ticket seat, Twickets takes a cut to sell them.
It's good that there's a process to make sure only members get them but that's never foolproof anyway.

Bubble Wrap
26-04-2017, 02:30 PM
They sell them at face value but where you used to get all of your money back for your season ticket seat, Twickets takes a cut to sell them.
It's good that there's a process to make sure only members get them but that's never foolproof anyway.

They know that if someone contacts them trying to barter they are Spurs fan