PDA

View Full Version : Travel Information Travel problems on South West Trains RE:Bournemouth Away.

macstar
31-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Fatalities affecting services. Nothing moving via Woking at present

timmy heald
31-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Just left Waterloo and got to Paddington. Southwestern tickets valid on great western. Paddington to Reading, then change and slow train to Bournemouth.

Waterloo staff said they didn't expect it to be cleared up for 4 hours.

macstar
31-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Just left Waterloo and got to Paddington. Southwestern tickets valid on great western. Paddington to Reading, then change and slow train to Bournemouth.

Waterloo staff said they didn't expect it to be cleared up for 4 hours.

Yep am also travelling via reading now. Cross country fast services hourly to Bournemouth

Basingstoke Eagle
31-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Double fatalities,one at New Malden and the other at Woking. Trains terminating and restarting from Basingstoke.

ellioteagle1
31-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Can't leave work till 4. What's my best way to get there?? Was planning on going from Waterloo.

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Waterloo to Pokesdown and stroll from there

ellioteagle1
31-01-2017, 02:57 PM
There's masssive problems from Waterloo. Are trains even going to run?

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Sorry pal - didn't read preceding threads...

Paddington to Reading change

Reading to Basingstoke change if on great western stopping local train

Basingstoke to Winchester will get you on any train that is going to stop at Bournemouth or hopefully pokesdown (not all fast SWT trains stop at basingstoke but they may do emergency timetable). If a cross country train comes into reading - nearly all of these go direct to Bournemouth but dont stop at pokesdown. Only SWT stop at pokesdown normally.

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Some southern trains go from victoria to southampton central where you could change for bournemouth services. These southern trains (if running) can be a bit stop/start

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 03:00 PM
From SWT web site

Severe Disruption to all services leaving Waterloo

What has happened?

Two separate incidents involving a person hit by a train have taken place between Wimbledon and Surbiton. As of 14:30, all lines have now reopened however due to the length of time they were closed significant disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.

How will this affect my journey?

Due to the time this has taken place, please be aware that our evening peak will be very busy. You may want to consider using alternative routes or taking a later train from London Waterloo. Queuing systems may be put in place at stations affected.

We have considerably reduced the number of trains running to and from London Waterloo, and have made the following amendments

- Trains which run between Waterloo and Hampton Court are running between Waterloo and Chessington at present.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Exeter/Salisbury will terminate and start from Basingstoke or Salisbury.
- Trains between Waterloo and Shepperton will run as normal
- Kingston loop services which run between Waterloo and Waterloo via Kingston and Strawberry Hill will not run
- Trains which run between Waterloo and Haslemere will not run

- Stopping services between London Waterloo and Basingstoke will run as scheduled

- Stopping services between Waterloo and Woking will run as scheduled
- Trains betweeen London Waterloo and Weymouth/Bournemouth will run as scheduled
- Trains between London Waterloo and Alton will run as scheduled
- Trains betweeen London Waterloo and Portsmouth Harbour will run as normal
While we work to introduce these service changes customer may see trains that are still running on the routes listed above and further ad hoc alterations are also possible. Please plan your journey at www.nationalrail.co.uk

What are my Alternatives?
You can use your tickets to travel via the following alternative routes:

- London Buses on reasonable routes in South West London.
- Southern services between London Victoria/Clapham and Epsom/Dorking
- Thameslink services between Elephant and Castle and Wimbledon
- London Underground services between London stations and Wimbledon/Morden.

We are sorry for the significant delay this will cause to your journey.

Additional Information:

Have you been delayed by over an hour? Please see here for information about compensation - http://po.st/SWTCompensation

If you would like to make a comment about your experience with us today, please contact us at customerrelations@swtrains.co.uk, 0345 6000 650 (option 4) or fill in the contact us webform http://po.st/ContactSWT

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Key on the above is the waterloo to weymouth (bournemouth/poole) service

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 03:02 PM
I am driving from arse end of hampshire - a local game for me!

ellioteagle1
31-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Thanks a lot for that. They haven't cancelled the 16:35 from Waterloo so going to try to get that if it's cancelled I'll have time to hop foot to Paddington and go that way and should be okay. Bloody nightmare!!

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Normally run from central platforms.

People fill up from close to ticket barrier. If running normally they usually split service in half at southampton. Front bit runs fast to weymouth (stops at bournemouth). Back 5 coaches stop to pick up sheep across the forest but is fairly brisk - I think the back 5 is the bit that stops at pokesdown.

If you want a seat - go to front of train!

ellioteagle1
31-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Thanks Palacedan.

Palace Dan
31-01-2017, 03:53 PM
no worries - good luck EE1

King William
31-01-2017, 06:39 PM
I am driving from arse end of hampshire - a local game for me!

Where about?

ellioteagle1
31-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Managed to get a train at about 16:45 from Waterloo absolute chaos. Just getting into Pokesdown so done pretty well.

Palace Dan
02-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Where about?

Sorry mate - only just got this - bottom end of Meon Valley