PDA

View Full Version : Pubs for: Stoke

Voldo
03-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Never been before, so pubs are sparse? Drink at the ground?

pgw152
05-02-2017, 05:30 PM
From town, you can walk up a canal to the ground. When at the ground, if you go past it for another 10 minutes there is a big Harvester style pub...

ebyeeckeagle
06-02-2017, 10:21 PM
It's very sparse choice around the ground. The harvester thing and a Goals type place with a bar and sky sports.

Have to say it's one the places that I really don't know, not want to I suspect. But certaintly some decent pub s around the station, amongst the dross. I'd drink in town and go for the shuttle bus rather than the fair old walk mentioned above but I have become a lazy sod the last year.

slondonlad
06-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Last year the police directed us to a student union round the corner from the ground which they ran buses from to the ground

Nth Kent Eagle
08-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Are there any dedicated away boozers that are recommended?

macstar
08-02-2017, 08:30 PM

most away fans get hoarded to a particular boozer not far from the station, then there are buses laid on to get to you the ground. QUite well organised. Not sure of the name for the pub though!

old git
08-02-2017, 08:39 PM

There are s couple but the last few seasons we have turned right outside the station ,then right again over the bypass and walked to a couple of pubs. The glebe and the white star.They are mainly home fans but as good as gold.A copper is sually on hand to send you the other way but he can't insist .:p

Edit- the away fans pub is called the terrace .Turn tight outside station then left at end of road.Buses leave from here to the ground.If is only ten minutes from the other pubs I mentioned.

Nth Kent Eagle
08-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Cheers. I might try to escape then and find a real old sort Stoke pub as a way of reminiscing for the 1980s. Now I need to dig out my Burberry shirt to go incognito.

delboy01
08-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Cheers. I might try to escape then and find a real old sort Stoke pub as a way of reminiscing for the 1980s. Now I need to dig out my Burberry shirt to go incognito.

lol, talk about the naughty forty as well and you will be well in with the locals!