PDA

View Full Version : 6-Nations Tournament 2017

kabbott
04-02-2017, 12:53 PM
It starts today! :lux:
England must be hot favourites this year.
The opening match is "le crunch" against our French friends. I always look forwars to the banter with my French mates! :supergrin:
Fortunately we win more than we lose these days, but you just never know with the French.
It's taking quite a time for new French coach Novès to get the team playing the way he wants them to after the damage done by Philippe Saint-André. But he made Toulouse the best club side in Europe over a number of years, so let's not be over-confident!

Worksop Palace
04-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Think it will be tight today but we will win

21-15

Bryan
04-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Jock egg chasers just scored for what it's worth.

Gavin Hastings wins the award again for the most boring jock on TV. That's up against some pretty stiff competition.

Adlerhorst
04-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Scored three times. Making Irish defence look downright foolish

Adlerhorst
04-02-2017, 05:43 PM
wow. long team since I have team an England team totally overpowered

SeanPalace84
04-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Get in

Adlerhorst
04-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Not sure how they won that. France were so strong, England made so many mistakes (under lots of pressure from France).

evvo111
04-02-2017, 06:55 PM
I enjoyed the England match and, although they didn't play anywhere as well as recently, it is the sign of a good team when they win whilst not playing well.

Maiden Eagle
04-02-2017, 08:19 PM
One of the bonuses of leaving Selhurst Park at 4.20 was that I got home to watch the 2nd half of the rugby !!
Pleased that England won - Will have to play a lot better in Cardiff, though

meee
05-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Not much to separate 5 of the teams looking at the opening weekend.I agree with a lot of the pundits that it's unlikely anyone will get a grand slam.England are obviously the most likely for that.Italy could be a threat but they need to stop leaking points over 20 minute periods to stand a chance in any game.

ChiswickEagle
06-02-2017, 11:46 AM
I gave my wife my tickets for the England game to go and watch the rubbish that was served up at Selhurst Park. I have tickets for the England v Scotland game, same afternoon as we have Spurs....

saxoneagle
07-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I gave my wife my tickets for the England game to go and watch the rubbish that was served up at Selhurst Park. I have tickets for the England v Scotland game, same afternoon as we have Spurs....

I'll definitely be at Twickenham that day!

evvo111
11-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Have to be honest and say I can only see an England win today. That is if they play as well as they have prior to last week. I'd imagine the Wales team would have had a big kick up the backside to try and make sure they don't start so badly as the first half last week.

Kylie_Tracey
11-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Have to be honest and say I can only see an England win today. That is if they play as well as they have prior to last week. I'd imagine the Wales team would have had a big kick up the backside to try and make sure they don't start so badly as the first half last week.

I presume North is out?

Langers
11-02-2017, 11:03 AM

England seem to have the advantage late on with some awesome replacements but I can see it being close. Farrell's kicking will be the difference.

evvo111
11-02-2017, 11:13 AM
I presume North is out?

That's what I've heard on the news. Cuthbert is playing.

evvo111
11-02-2017, 11:15 AM
England seem to have the advantage late on with some awesome replacements but I can see it being close. Farrell's kicking will be the difference.

Him and Halfpenny are exceptionally good. The roof is going to be open and we have had some snow flurries but nothing too serious.

Tom's Old Man
11-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Good grief, this Italy side are poor.

kabbott
11-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Thank F**k for rugby. That was a cracking and brutal 1st half. The bench players could make the difference at the end of the game! (For England, I mean)!

evvo111
11-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Exciting first half. Very little between the sides but I was really impressed by England for the first 15-20 mins attack wise and their defence was pretty good as well, What a pity our (Palace) players can't show the passion of the 30 players on the pitch this evening.

FORZA SELHURST
11-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I hate John Inverdale.

FORZA SELHURST
11-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Also, why do the BBC continue to indulge Eddie Butler's idea that he is a poet or something? Been going on for years.

Adlerhorst
11-02-2017, 06:07 PM
it's taken the ref long enough to spot that they've been doing that for ages

FORZA SELHURST
11-02-2017, 06:09 PM
That thing that Farrel does with his eyes looks like something from a quentin tarantino film. I actually quite enjoy it.

Santos-er
11-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Never really been in to rugby, but I'm watching this and it's absorbing. Cracking game.

Adlerhorst
11-02-2017, 06:31 PM
I like how Cuthbert showed him outside and got blitzed for pace

Adlerhorst
11-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Sinclair you beautiful beast you

firstgame63cpfc
11-02-2017, 06:33 PM
More nervous than watching palace.

JAS78
11-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Great win

JamTheEagle
11-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Cheerio Wales :hi::jerkit:

David of Kent
11-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Well that was fun

kabbott
11-02-2017, 06:36 PM
O my giddy aunt!
What a match! Well played both teams!
The French commentators have lost it and their team isn't even playing!

evvo111
11-02-2017, 06:38 PM
What a great match. So much commitment from both sides. Well done England. Very unlucky Wales. (You see Jam 'Cheerio Wales' that is how you are a sportsman and not a child). Have to say I thought the England defence was really solid for quite long periods.

CT_Palace
11-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Cracking game. Thought the silly errors were going to be England's undoing but they got a break from Davies' kick not finding touch (or not being deep enough if he wasn't going for touch) at the end there. Some serious defence from both teams - how many times did Wales turn the ball over? Excellent stuff. 16 on the bounce for England now is it?

evvo111
11-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Cracking game. Thought the silly errors were going to be England's undoing but they got a break from Davies' kick not finding touch (or not being deep enough if he wasn't going for touch) at the end there. Some serious defence from both teams - how many times did Wales turn the ball over? Excellent stuff. 16 on the bounce for England now is it?

I think it is. It'll take a good side to beat them with that side.

JamTheEagle
11-02-2017, 06:54 PM
What a great match. So much commitment from both sides. Well done England. Very unlucky Wales. (You see Jam 'Cheerio Wales' that is how you are a sportsman and not a child). Have to say I thought the England defence was really solid for quite long periods.

I don't even like Rugby, just like beating the Welsh :)

evvo111
11-02-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't even like Rugby, just like beating the Welsh :)

Ah well whatever gets you off.

RazorsEdge
11-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Brilliant game was worried we would loose, make up for the Joke city loss today

Kylie_Tracey
11-02-2017, 08:06 PM
How quick is Elliott Daley?

furzy85
11-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Daly will be taking Brown's place soon enough... Wales played well, targetting the ball in the tackle, both Moriarty and tipuric were immense.George, care and Haskell again showed their worth from the bench and Farrell always seems to make the right play. Hughes needs to step up - he's been poor so far.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
11-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Daly will be taking Brown's place soon enough... Wales played well, targetting the ball in the tackle, both Moriarty and tipuric were immense.George, care and Haskell again showed their worth from the bench and Farrell always seems to make the right play. Hughes needs to step up - he's been poor so far.

He will get the 13 shirt.

ebyeeckeagle
11-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Cheerio Wales :hi::jerkit:

Stay classy.

SA Eagle
12-02-2017, 01:48 AM
Ah well whatever gets you off.

Ah bless!

Adlerhorst
12-02-2017, 07:09 AM
He will get the 13 shirt.i think furzy's correct on this. He looks like Mike Brown's replacement.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
12-02-2017, 09:44 AM
i think furzy's correct on this. He looks like Mike Brown's replacement.

He will definitely want the 13 shirt and it is his best position. Wasps f*cked around with him at full back and he actually went backwards during that spell IMO. He has incredible pace and intelligence but I personally don't think he is good enough under the high ball to play full back at International level. Having said all that I wouldn't be surprised to see him tried out there if JJ is seen as indispensable as Jones definitely seems intent on picking him.

evvo111
12-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Ah bless!

Why, thank you, sugar tits xx

Worksop Palace
12-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Jocks will be no push over for us

RazorsEdge
12-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Jocks will be no push over for us

I believe in General Jones now, I think we don't know when we are beaten.

Scotland did play very well but for me it is the Ireland game that worries me most.

RazorsEdge
12-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Why, thank you, sugar tits xx

:p

evvo111
12-02-2017, 07:49 PM
I believe in General Jones now, I think we don't know when we are beaten.

Scotland did play very well but for me it is the Ireland game that worries me most.

I agree. England play for the whole match and the replacements bench is pretty damn good. It'll take a very good side to beat you or you'll have to have an off day.

vitesse
13-02-2017, 01:11 AM
Turns out Elliot Daly the latest England hero is a Croydon lad, started playing rugby at Beckenham Rugby and went to Whitgift.

saxoneagle
13-02-2017, 10:46 AM
He will get the 13 shirt.

He won't. EJ has said he doesn't see him there.

saxoneagle
13-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Turns out Elliot Daly the latest England hero is a Croydon lad, started playing rugby at Beckenham Rugby and went to Whitgift.

Him and Joe Launchbury are Palace fans, too.

saxoneagle
13-02-2017, 10:49 AM
How quick is Elliott Daley?

If you watched any club rugby, you'd know.

I'm not sure there is a player who could do what Daly did 70+minutes into the match. Not only the try, but the sprint back to get past Biggar (who was dead on his feet at halfway, and THAT was ultimately what cost Wales the game, imo.) and clear the danger.

gilesy14
13-02-2017, 11:09 AM

Palace fan too.

Also of Irish heritage, but all the best tend to be.

Selhurst Celtic
13-02-2017, 12:43 PM
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/02/03/fat-lads-who-played-rugby-once-in-school-to-talk-shit-for-next-6-weeks-warns-barman/

WATERFORD barman James Jones has warned today that fat guys who played rugby once in college will more than likely talk absolute shit for the next six weeks due to the televising of the Six Nations.

Sam Spade
13-02-2017, 01:06 PM
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/02/03/fat-lads-who-played-rugby-once-in-school-to-talk-shit-for-next-6-weeks-warns-barman/

:lux::lux::lux::lux::lux:

Beckenham Boy
13-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Off to the England's Open Training Session at Twickenham on Friday - taking my 6 yr old and 3 yr old along. Eddie gives a speech then 1 1/2 hr training session talked through by some special guests. Should be fun and gets the boys interested in rugby I hope.

RazorsEdge
13-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Off to the England's Open Training Session at Twickenham on Friday - taking my 6 yr old and 3 yr old along. Eddie gives a speech then 1 1/2 hr training session talked through by some special guests. Should be fun and gets the boys interested in rugby I hope.

Should be good, the only open training session I ever watched was the All Blacks one and when Jonah Lomu was in the team, back in 99. I was in awe then hehe

ChiswickEagle
14-02-2017, 01:21 PM
It still frustrates me that the Aviva Premiership continues during the 6 Nations. Some Clubs far more affected than others, Worcester's win over Saracens this weekend a prime example and it has a big impact on the relegation battle.

saxoneagle
14-02-2017, 01:26 PM

I have 2 tickets for that but can't go. Anyone want them?!

saxoneagle
14-02-2017, 01:27 PM
It still frustrates me that the Aviva Premiership continues during the 6 Nations. Some Clubs far more affected than others, Worcester's win over Saracens this weekend a prime example and it has a big impact on the relegation battle.

I'm happy with that result and our 3 points though!

Plus, Quins were missing loads, Bristol missing hardly any... and look what happened there!

Steve in Phoenix
17-02-2017, 11:20 AM
CJ Stander, O'Brien, Warburton, Tipuric, Hardie, Barclay.. lots of competition to be the Lions flankers.

Itoje too, but I prefer him at lock. Haskell is more of a No.8 and backup to Faletau/B Vunipola.

BR5 Eagle
17-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Flexibility is what is going to get players in the Lions squad I think. Lawes, Gray and Itoje all appealing as they can cover second and back row. Could Jamie George end up being England's replacement but the Lion's hooker?

Steve in Phoenix
17-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Oops forgot Hamish Watson for openside too. Brian O'Driscoll thinks he'll be a Lion.

Injuries always take their toll though.

Adlerhorst
17-02-2017, 12:48 PM
CJ Stander, O'Brien, Warburton, Tipuric, Hardie, Barclay.. lots of competition to be the Lions flankers.

Itoje too, but I prefer him at lock. Haskell is more of a No.8 and backup to Faletau/B Vunipola.

I don't see that he gets in at lock but then I don't see he gets in at six either, but also I think he has to play.

Steve in Phoenix
17-02-2017, 01:37 PM
He's played a lot of rugby since winning the U20 World Cup or something. A bit worried about burnout.

Maybe he can be an impact sub or "finisher" as they like to say now. Who are the starting locks? AWJones and J Gray? Ball, Charteris, Kruis..

Adlerhorst
17-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I haven't seen enough of AWJ this spring to say but I wouldn't have taken him at all based on the autumn.

I think I would go with Kruis, Launchbury, Itoje, Henderson and Toner if they pick five (assuming fitness etc). AWJ, Gray or Lawes if they go with six

That said I seriously doubt Garland wouldn't take AWJ

Adlerhorst
17-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Does Kruis play before selection, cannot recall. There was a knee op I thought.

Steve in Phoenix
17-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Yeah he's out of contention, makes his comeback at the same time as selection is announced.

Havent seen AWJ play all that well but there's currently a lot of praise for him in the media from former captains. I think he and Itoje are certs with Charteris vs Toner for the beanpole spot.

saxoneagle
18-02-2017, 07:15 AM
I haven't seen enough of AWJ this spring to say but I wouldn't have taken him at all based on the autumn.

I think I would go with Kruis, Launchbury, Itoje, Henderson and Toner if they pick five (assuming fitness etc). AWJ, Gray or Lawes if they go with six

That said I seriously doubt Garland wouldn't take AWJ

Gray is the form lock!

Cake and Eat It
18-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Itoje, Launchbury, AWJ, Lawes, Gray

Adlerhorst
18-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Gray is the form lock!his work rate is astonishing, certainly and he never seems to miss a tackle. And his flexibility in the lineout as a talented lifter as well as a recipient is hugely useful.

It's just I have never been convinced in the scrum itself. And we have to win the set piece against the all blacks, if we only achieve parity we'll lose. Imho

WLYWLYAWYPWF
22-02-2017, 09:22 PM
He won't. EJ has said he doesn't see him there.

Don't know why not. Weird.

Steve in Phoenix
23-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Need to have a look at Te'o and bring on Slade to see what we have there.

JJ's form hasn't been as good as last year, but still a surprise. Intense competition.

RazorsEdge
25-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Scotland win is a shock to my system, I still can't believe they defeated Wales, it must be fake news haha.

Well played to Scotland I thought it was a brilliant second half, and the welsh just looked clueless in the end.

If Ireland loose to France, it is advantage to us :)

kabbott
25-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Now I can sit back and enjoy the game.
I don't even mind if France win TBH except le bante(u)r is more fun when the Frogs lose! :D

RazorsEdge
25-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Well looks like France are set for a loss

Steve in Phoenix
25-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Jack McGrath having an immense game.

RazorsEdge
25-02-2017, 07:26 PM
He did, and Ireland won, 18th March game will be massive in Dublin now

Kylie_Tracey
26-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Wales were hopeless, what a disastrous second half

EagleSE24
26-02-2017, 03:48 PM
England dreadful. Italy excellent. 5-10 at half time.

BERT'S HEAD
26-02-2017, 03:51 PM
England dreadful. Italy excellent. 5-10 at half time.

Great effort from them. We have definitely underestimated them but expect them to tire towards the end.

meee
26-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Italy have been outstanding. Should be further ahead.

furzy85
26-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Interesting play from Italy - and certainly a good shock tactic. There were plenty of breakdowns where no ruck was formed and therefore Italy were well within their rights to come around the ruck - didnt think they gained too much of an advantage from it though bar the confusion it caused. And when England utilised the same anti-ruck swarming in the second half i think we got more out of it.
Think the majority of confusion came from Poite's calling of the ruck - there were a few occasions when rucks were formed and they wernt called.

Care was taken off too early and hughes is pretty rubbish. England win, thatll do.

biggus mickus
26-02-2017, 06:41 PM
For a team that have won 17 on the trot, there is a lot of nit picking going on. Lets all hope they get their arse kicked v the Scots.:wallbash:

Kylie_Tracey
26-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Interesting play from Italy - and certainly a good shock tactic. There were plenty of breakdowns where no ruck was formed and therefore Italy were well within their rights to come around the ruck - didnt think they gained too much of an advantage from it though bar the confusion it caused. And when England utilised the same anti-ruck swarming in the second half i think we got more out of it.
Think the majority of confusion came from Poite's calling of the ruck - there were a few occasions when rucks were formed and they wernt called.

Care was taken off too early and hughes is pretty rubbish. England win, thatll do.

Care made far too many handling errors and wanted to make the "look at me " move, Hughes was brilliant against Wales I thought he did ok today

furzy85
26-02-2017, 10:44 PM
care was fine - one pass he shouldnt have tried to thread through the onrushing defence and not much else wrong bar trying to understand how to combat the italian tactic. scrum half was an extremely stifled position today for england and he scored a try and made a few good breaks.

I dont agree with you on Hughes, he has been woeful - he makes no yards, is a penalty machine (3 in the first half today) has low skills (2 knock ons in the first 20 mins) and had no positive impact against wales. i also dislike his mercenary nationality (qualifies for england on 3year residency grounds which came through in the summer - he turned down a call from fiji for the world cup when they were the only nation he was eligible for with the hope to wait out the 3 years in england and play for them instead - it shouldnt be allowed)

kiralyspyjamas
26-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Hughes appears to be a budget Billy vunipola. Marauding when he gets the ball, but has poor hands and makes too many unforced errors. Italy's tactics were interesting, although more out of a rugby league playbook in terms of backing off the physicality. It threw England for most of the first half, but once we started the pick and go from the tackle, the Italians should have stopped it, as it meant they kept getting pushed back.

Bones14
27-02-2017, 01:53 AM
Cheeky by the Italians. Good to see someone throw a different tactic into the game. England looked a little miffed by it all, but showed their quality by adapting and winning even when they didn't play to their high standard.

Off to the toilet now to vomit after praising you lot. Grrrr.

Ardent Eagle Forever
27-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Cheeky by the Italians. Good to see someone throw a different tactic into the game. England looked a little miffed by it all, but showed their quality by adapting and winning even when they didn't play to their high standard.

Off to the toilet now to vomit after praising you lot. Grrrr.

We'll make an Englishman of you yet!

James
27-02-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm not really that interested in Egg Chasing, but I did watch the Italy game yesterday and am dismayed by the really awful moaning from the England camp. Italy did nothing wrong (apparently). They were exploiting the rules and - until the bemused England team were given some guidance at the break - managed to take a decent lead. Some have said that it wasn't rugby. Other have suggested that, as a spectacle, it was poor.

I disagree. I wasn't expecting the game to be particularly enjoyable as (i) it was rugby; and (ii) England are surely so much better than Italy, that a one-sided and huge win was in prospect. There's really not much fun watching one Team demolish another, unless it's Palace v Brighton (or anyone else actually). That's why at half time, I had abandoned the Sky Premiership match and was glued to the Six Nations. Certainly it was unusual and confusing, but (IMHO) also enormously entertaining. Eddie Jones (and Matt Dawson) should be ashamed of their comments - see HERE (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39098575) for example.

No rule change is necessary, just a thorough understanding of the rules. Once England had been briefed at half time, the Team had no problem exploiting the space that Italy's tactics produced done the middle. It was a one-off and unlikely to be repeated. As a shock tactic is worked well. Congratulations Italy.

Bones14
27-02-2017, 10:10 AM
I'm not really that interested in Egg Chasing, but I did watch the Italy game yesterday and am dismayed by the really awful moaning from the England camp. Italy did nothing wrong (apparently). They were exploiting the rules and - until the bemused England team were given some guidance at the break - managed to take a decent lead. Some have said that it wasn't rugby. Other have suggested that, as a spectacle, it was poor.

I disagree. I wasn't expecting the game to be particularly enjoyable as (i) it was rugby; and (ii) England are surely so much better than Italy, that a one-sided and huge win was in prospect. There's really not much fun watching one Team demolish another, unless it's Palace v Brighton (or anyone else actually). That's why at half time, I had abandoned the Sky Premiership match and was glued to the Six Nations. Certainly it was unusual and confusing, but (IMHO) also enormously entertaining. Eddie Jones (and Matt Dawson) should be ashamed of their comments - see HERE (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39098575) for example.

No rule change is necessary, just a thorough understanding of the rules. Once England had been briefed at half time, the Team had no problem exploiting the space that Italy's tactics produced done the middle. It was a one-off and unlikely to be repeated. As a shock tactic is worked well. Congratulations Italy.

Eddie isn't a great sport when he doesn't instigate the tactic, or get the upper hand on the opposition. Great coach, and totally ruthless to boot, but not the greatest when things aren't quite going his way.
By those comments I see he hasn't changed.
Doing an insanely good job for you lot though:p

Bones14
27-02-2017, 10:12 AM
We'll make an Englishman of you yet!

:D
Got enough in the family as it is. Need a sense of balance due to the unbalanced nature of all the English family members.
Except for you Darkstar if you read this:hi:

saxoneagle
02-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Interesting comments.

As far as Dawson is concerned, he's a tool. Ignore him.

For Jones, take it with a pinch of salt: when England play well, he gives praise. When they play poorly, he deflects criticism either onto himself or something else. Here, it was something else.

With regard to the "done nothing wrong"/no rule change required, I guess that depends on how you look at it and how you apply the laws of the game. The referee was praised for how he handled the game, but quite frankly he was terrible. That's not sour grapes - I liked the Italy tactic to an extent, have seen my team Wasps do similar fairly recently and it is effective. However, you have to allow it to be used properly for both teams.

If no ruck is formed, there is no offside line. Italy, therefore, can go "behind" the ball. What they can't do is encroach on the ball or the scrum-half. Which they did on more than one occasion.

Further, if there is a ruck the referee can insist the scrum-half uses the ball. If no ruck, the ref can't do that. There is no requirement for anyone to touch the ball on the attacking side and, per the previous paragraph, the defending team aren't allowed to encroach. In theory, you could end with a stalemate and at 5-3 ahead England could've just sat there and done nothing until half-time. On more than one occasion, Poite shouted "use it", Care panicked and picked the ball up and England were caught short.

Interestingly, England did similar a couple of times in the second half and committed exactly the same offences Italy did in encroaching - I guess in that regard the ref was consistent!

From my point of view though, it's the equivalent of parking the bus. Italy had no chance of winning so didn't even try to. To me, that indicates a problem with the 6N and the support Italy gets from it's national federation, not a problem with the laws of the game. The Italian Federation are quite happy to reap the monetary rewards of the 6N without properly investing - relegation, or at least a play-off, might focus them more on moving forward rather than stagnating and banking the cash. This should be an eye-opener to the 6N Committee and World Rugby, but not for a law change.

Kylie_Tracey
02-03-2017, 09:02 PM

egg chasing FFS, prick, I'd like to see you in the front row of a scrummage or a rolling maul or taking spear tackles or being cloths lined being gouged,bitten and having studs scrapped down your bare back! come back and say its egg chasing then idiot.

Selhurst Celtic
03-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Yeah James. And I bet you couldn't down a post game pint of ale that's been poured down the naked back of a hairy, sweaty tight head prop into an old Hunter welly, whilst your public school team mates bray "DOWN IN ONE YOU ZULU WARRIOR!"

saxoneagle
06-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Yeah James. And I bet you couldn't down a post game pint of ale that's been poured down the naked back of a hairy, sweaty tight head prop into an old Hunter welly, whilst your public school team mates bray "DOWN IN ONE YOU ZULU WARRIOR!"

For James, that's his average Monday morning.

radiomike
06-03-2017, 10:47 AM
have met a few rugby types of late who turn their nose up at football who are at a loss to explain in any coherent way what happened in the England Italy game. I remain as baffled as ever by the appeal of this game, rugby league looks more dramatic, but will be watching to hope Ireland beat England!

saxoneagle
06-03-2017, 03:23 PM
have met a few rugby types of late who turn their nose up at football who are at a loss to explain in any coherent way what happened in the England Italy game. I remain as baffled as ever by the appeal of this game, rugby league looks more dramatic, but will be watching to hope Ireland beat England!

Thanks for your valuable input.

Timbo
06-03-2017, 03:41 PM
egg chasing FFS, prick, I'd like to see you in the front row of a scrummage or a rolling maul or taking spear tackles or being cloths lined being gouged,bitten and having studs scrapped down your bare back! come back and say its egg chasing then idiot.

I guess you are trying to say, in your own special way, at least with regards to Italy's tactics, that its egg leaving?

Worksop Palace
06-03-2017, 06:18 PM

Potatoes

biggus mickus
06-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Potatoes

Famine?

biggus mickus
06-03-2017, 06:59 PM

More the spirit of the game.

The Norwoodsman
10-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Not much interest tonight but that was a hell of a game. Helped that we (Wales) won obviously but cracking entertainment.

ebyeeckeagle
10-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Brusing encounter. Thought Ireland were on the front foot in the last 20 but Wales defence awesome. Ireland lacked a cutting edge really Sexton injured from the start all most. But tough tough game, very compelling.

The Norwoodsman
10-03-2017, 10:17 PM
First 20 minutes were ridiculous. I'm surprised that no one got stretchered off.

DARZET EAGLE
10-03-2017, 11:15 PM
A great game and tremendous advert for modern rugby. Both sides were ferocious in the tackle, and kept the game open. Wales just shaded it, but either side could have won, particularly with Ireland denied a try in the last five minutes.

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Wales done us a fantastic favour, all we have to do today is win and with Calcutta cup the six nations should be ours

IanH
11-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Wales done us a fantastic favour, all we have to do today is win and with Calcutta cup the six nations should be ours

And, if we lose, Scotland would be favourites to win the title having Italy at home last game.

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 02:18 PM
And, if we lose, Scotland would be favourites to win the title having Italy at home last game.

Hope we don't :)

But then Scots did surprise every one two weeks ago

kabbott
11-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Italy v France is not much of a game! I was hoping for a bit more resistance from the Italians!

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Italy v France is not much of a game! I was hoping for a bit more resistance from the Italians!

The French got a bonus point....

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Good start so far by us, 20-0 so far

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 04:38 PM
How the hell did they score that.....well poor from England, I can watch the ball like that from me settee....

CT_Palace
11-03-2017, 04:51 PM
30-7 HT.
Can't complain about that!

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Good score, and hopefully they keep their heads in the second half and we will have this

RazorsEdge
11-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Is Clive Woodward jealous of Eddie Jones???? he does not come across as his number 1 fan

west country boy
11-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Famine?Faddy eaters.

Shoreditch CPFC
11-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Flattered us a bit but can't complain 2 years from the world cup. They were very lucky not to have had a red card 1 minute in. Good to still have work to do in some respects. Any thoughts on lions 15 and squad or should we start another thread?

Shoreditch CPFC
11-03-2017, 06:30 PM
My wildcard pick for captain is Itoje by the way. One of the few definite starters and who wouldn't follow him into battle?

ebyeeckeagle
11-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Flattered us a bit but can't complain 2 years from the world cup. They were very lucky not to have had a red card 1 minute in. Good to still have work to do in some respects. Any thoughts on lions 15 and squad or should we start another thread?

Another thread.

I hav eno idea how the selection will go - so much competition. Back row in general, second row is impossible.

biggus mickus
11-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Well played England. I like sorting the sweaty sods out.

Kylie_Tracey
12-03-2017, 09:07 AM
My wildcard pick for captain is Itoje by the way. One of the few definite starters and who wouldn't follow him into battle?

what a player he is would have been MotM hadn't it been for Josephs brilliance, Launchbury and Courtney Lawes must be definite starters as well they've been excellent , what a second row and with Vinupola coming back from injury!

RazorsEdge
12-03-2017, 10:22 AM

A new thread please.

I would think a hughe English/Irish presence....but it is very hard as there are some very good players.

ChiswickEagle
13-03-2017, 01:15 PM

Fraser Brown has been cited.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
16-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Fraser Brown has been cited.

Got cleared. Elliot starting against Ireland so seems less of an injustice now.

meee
18-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Absolute horror show from Italy.Lineout is shocking,kicking is awful.Yet if Canna could actually kick a goal it would only be 15-9.How have they gone so far backwards in 4 years?I know they are missing a few key players but this is awful.

kabbott
18-03-2017, 02:16 PM
Can't disagree. It's very rare for a nation not to score a single point in a 6-Nations match.

ebyeeckeagle
18-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Absolute horror show from Italy.Lineout is shocking,kicking is awful.Yet if Canna could actually kick a goal it would only be 15-9.How have they gone so far backwards in 4 years?I know they are missing a few key players but this is awful.

Tiny playing base, means a few injuries causes real issues.

Adlerhorst
18-03-2017, 03:02 PM
England game is on BeIn13 where i am. Hotel only has up to 10.

Palace game is on 10 though :)

RazorsEdge
18-03-2017, 04:29 PM
England game is on BeIn13 where i am. Hotel only has up to 10.

Palace game is on 10 though :)

Time for split screen :)

RazorsEdge
18-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Can the welsh hold the French????

RazorsEdge
18-03-2017, 04:46 PM
French doing everything they can to win the game, hook or crook

RazorsEdge
18-03-2017, 04:55 PM
shambles is the word for France V Wales...what a farce, the sin bin man is back after being sent off at 85th min, good job he didnt go for shower

Kylie_Tracey
18-03-2017, 04:58 PM
shambles is the word for France V Wales...what a farce, the sin bin man is back after being sent off at 85th min, good job he didnt go for shower

laughable isnt it!

RazorsEdge
18-03-2017, 05:02 PM
laughable isnt it!

Yup, French finally won it, in the 100th minute. Joke

kabbott
18-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Scenes in Paris. Longest game ever!

evvo111
18-03-2017, 05:42 PM
The last part of the Wales match was really farcical. I'm not criticising Barnes as he played to the rules but both teams were exploiting the rules. If I were the ref I'd have probably have given a penalty try to France, although the 'head' injury seemed very well timed. Also I didn't realise Suarez played for France.

kabbott
18-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Ireland 10:3 England

Here's hoping the Oirish run out of puff in the 2nd half and the English bench players step up when they come on!

Robson
18-03-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm calling this for Ireland already! Oh well, if I had the choice between a Palace win and an England one it'd be Palace all day long of course so still happy.

ebyeeckeagle
18-03-2017, 05:53 PM
. Also I didn't realise Suarez played for France.

Apparently the French captain suggested North had done it to himself:)

ebyeeckeagle
18-03-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm calling this for Ireland already! Oh well, if I had the choice between a Palace win and an England one it'd be Palace all day long of course so still happy.

I hope it is Ireland but England seem to pull it out the hat late on. Ireland should be a few more points ahead really.

CT_Palace
18-03-2017, 06:10 PM
I hope it is Ireland but England seem to pull it out the hat late on. Ireland should be a few more points ahead really.

its incredible there's only one try in it.
England have been terrible!

RazorsEdge
18-03-2017, 06:43 PM
The last part of the Wales match was really farcical. I'm not criticising Barnes as he played to the rules but both teams were exploiting the rules. If I were the ref I'd have probably have given a penalty try to France, although the 'head' injury seemed very well timed. Also I didn't realise Suarez played for France.

Head injury was very convenient, I know I shouldn't be cynical and yes the ref could have awarded a penalty try, but it was in my books a farce

Robson
18-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Bit of a bottle by England. Ireland were always going to up their performance 20% against the old enemy.

Robson
18-03-2017, 06:57 PM
I dont understand Ireland. Why does it take playing England at home to play with such intensity every time? Need to take a look at themselves.

Nicebitofgreen
18-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Gutted for you.

Adlerhorst
18-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Gutted for you.

You probably did us a favour tbh

Kylie_Tracey
18-03-2017, 09:28 PM
I dont understand Ireland. Why does it take playing England at home to play with such intensity every time? Need to take a look at themselves.

talk about a fair weather team, same the Jocks , they will probably both lose to a team like Tonga next

radiomike
18-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Rugby is a stupid elitist game but so good to see Ireland beating the imperialist power and sparing us jingoistic obsession tomorrow

RazorsEdge
19-03-2017, 07:46 PM
I enjoyed the 6 nations shame about the last gam, hey ho, you cant win them all :)

saxoneagle
20-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Disappointing end for England, but I'm hopeful this will be a good thing for us. Fair play to Ireland, they really brought the game to us on the front foot.

I think Eddie was tied to certain squad members while the run went on and now he has a chance to really open up the squad.

Hartley should probably stand down, as George, Taylor and LCD are all playing better and deserve a chance. Ditto Haskell, as much as I love him for Wasps.

I think it's also a great chance for EJ to experiment at 10 and centres. Ford had one good game in the 6N and was shown up on Saturday by a world class number 10 managing the game. All Ford did was kick poorly and give away territory/possession. I'd like to see Farrell at 10 in the Autumn and some different centre combos.

Aside from England, the Wales match was farcical. I generally like Barnes as he's quite in control usually, but Saturday was terrible. He carded the French chap for a deliberate knock-on, but hadn't done similar a few minutes earlier when the Welsh wing did it. Further, the French deliberate knock-on saved a nailed on try. It should've been France penalty/Wales yellow card followed by Wales penalty try/France yellow card. He got both wrong and didn't get much better, ending in the 20-minute farce at the end.

Also, can anyone explain why the clock was never stopped during the 80+ minutes? When the Welsh prop was carded, it took FOUR minutes for the replacement to come on, all the time the clock ran. With all the resets, etc, the sin binning was actually only around 4 minutes of playing time. Aside from the fact it should've been a penalty try much sooner, it was just a strange game.

Generally I think the standard fell as the tournament went on. I'm not quaking in my boots about drawing a NH team in the WC draw if I'm any SH team.

Selhurst Celtic
20-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Robson, engerland were going for a back-to-back grand slam, a triple crown, a 6 nations and a record run of winning matches of test rugby in Dublin on St Patrick's weekend. If the Irish lads didn't win so the nation could once again collectively piss on the engerlish celebratory bonfire then they would all have been thrown out of the country.