PDA

View Full Version : Watford (H) Saturday 18th March 3pm

topseagle
05-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Just been released as a category A game with minimum adult ticket prices of 35! How on Earth is this justifiable? I'm a season ticket holder myself but if I wasn't I certainly wouldn't be happy paying this sort of money. Surely Parish needs to give fans a break and charge category B pricing when the team are playing so badly?

King William
05-02-2017, 08:14 PM
It was last season aswell. Doesn't make it right though.

More pennies for parish to squeeze fans for

pallet
05-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Taking advantage of the feel good factor after yesterday.

adrenalin john
05-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Taking advantage of the feel good factor after yesterday.

LOL:D

colin_cork
06-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Checked website and can't find it

racehorse-80s
06-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Cat A , Jesus the club really has lost the plot lol .

SJPLDN
06-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Checked website and can't find it

on sale tomorrow

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tickets-for-our-home-match-against-watford-will-be-on-sale-from-tuesday-morning.-3558545.aspx

SJPLDN
07-02-2017, 10:36 AM
40 haha honestly can't bring myself to pay that especially off the back of that Sunderland game! Ridiculous

Billyd
07-02-2017, 10:45 AM
40 to sit in the AW.

Pure greed from the club.

bonzo
07-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Sooner we get relegated the better.
Will only get worse if not.
Greedy bastards.

Nth Kent Eagle
07-02-2017, 10:55 AM
One last hurrah from the club to milk the touts and tourist market. The board should realise that if they want to charge a premium price then they need to provide premium facilities off pitch and a better product on the pitch.

Selhurst Celtic
07-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Watford have pony support & won't sell their allocation, so I'm trying to get a ticket in their end at the moment for the bargain price of 30.

SJPLDN
07-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Watford have pony support & won't sell their allocation, so I'm trying to get a ticket in their end at the moment for the bargain price of 30.

From what I've seen they get much better treatment over there anyway

pgw152
07-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Not justifying the Category/price, but I guess the club pricing/stance is fixed very early on, because ST holders have already been charged at the applicable tariff (minus ST discount) from as early as Feb 2016.

Even knocking it back to Category B and offering ST holders the choice of bar/food/ST credit is probably a mare to administer.

Just one of those things, probably would have stomached it coming after a two win bounce... ::delusional little yellow gif thing::

fioreuk
07-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Sort that tw&t of a mascot while you're in there SC ;)

Selhurst Celtic
07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Cat A , Jesus the club really has lost the plot lol .

Behave, it's a crunch London derby where the hordes from Surrey clash with their hated rivals from Hertfordshire.

They should call it something catchy like 'the M25 Junction 7 to Junction 20 derby'.

Nelson Muntz
07-02-2017, 11:07 AM

You might catch a shirt with a picture of Elton on it too if you're lucky.

cpfc4evandeva
07-02-2017, 11:10 AM
We are QPR, say we are QPR

Gregz41
07-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Category A! Ridiculous. Hard to think of too many more less glamorous fixtures than this. And that goes for the entire Premier League.

Selhurst Celtic
07-02-2017, 11:32 AM
From what I've seen they get much better treatment over there anyway

I'll be leaping around to the pre match playlist of Elton John & Gerri Halliwell and knocking back the ginger ale & bovril so that I blend in with the Hertforshire nutters.

cpfc4evandeva
07-02-2017, 11:36 AM
I'll be leaping around to the pre match playlist of Elton John & Gerri Halliwell and knocking back the ginger ale & bovril so that I blend in with the Hertforshire nutters.

The nicest cocktail imaginable.

Selhurst Celtic
07-02-2017, 11:42 AM
In separate cups mate. You should never mix your drinks. Not even the Watford loons would try that.

laggin
08-02-2017, 03:14 AM
catA for this fixture is just another kick in the teeth for loyal fans by the board. boycott the game

gilesy14
21-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Only became aware of this being a Category A game today. How are people not asking questions of the club? This is an absolute joke.

AJ
21-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Gotta pay Bentekes salary one way or another....

cpfc4evandeva
21-02-2017, 11:40 AM
I feel that the club are milking the tourists, knowing that they won't be here next season if we go down.

Of course, this also affects our real fans who don't have season tickets, like my dad.

Selhurst Celtic
21-02-2017, 12:10 PM
You could buy cheaper tickets for Palace v Watford in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley than for the game next month at Selhurst. True story.

Nth Kent Eagle
21-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Who at the club makes these ridiculous decisions?

Pinkie Brown
21-02-2017, 12:25 PM
You could buy cheaper tickets for Palace v Watford in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley than for the game next month at Selhurst. True story.

Yep but would you get a great view of a iron gantry? - I think not!

Prince Phillip
21-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Is it all part of the indoctrination that this game is somehow now a London derby? Makes it all the more irritating.

Big Fella
21-02-2017, 01:00 PM
The alt-london derby.

pallet
21-02-2017, 01:14 PM
You lot dont know your born, look what you get for just 40:
Really uncomfortable seats that a 5 year child would complain leg room about.
urine soaked shoes if you venture into the plush bathroom facilities.
You can marvel at the feat of engineering, that is the Gantry(already sold to Ninja warrior UK for the next series)
The vast and seasonably price food and drink available.
The ease with which you can enter the state of the art viewing facility.
Free designer wear which will delivered to your seat via a new delivery system trailed at NASA by the non sexually exploited personnel.
A team full of heart , desire, creativity and passion. Lead by a manager at the forefront of new and exciting playing ideals and always happy to let the players express themselves.
All this and more for 40. Bargain.

mrsilly
21-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Yep but would you get a great view of a iron gantry? - I think not!

Nor blinded by the lights.

richdeniro
21-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Can I sell my season ticket seat back to the club and get the full 40 (Upper Holmesdale)?

I have a wedding that I have to attend that day and might as well put that kind of money towards next years ticket.

Yogya
21-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Can I sell my season ticket seat back to the club and get the full 40 (Upper Holmesdale)?

I have a wedding that I have to attend that day and might as well put that kind of money towards next years ticket.

Maybe wrong but I do not think they operated the buy back scheme this year. In previous years they refunded the season ticket price not full price, which is surely fair.

Oli28
21-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Maybe wrong but I do not think they operated the buy back scheme this year. In previous years they refunded the season ticket price not full price, which is surely fair.
You'd think. Surely if they're charging fans 10 to get on a ST waiting list then the demand is there for the match v Watford. Or maybe not... :rolleyes:

Dorking .Eagle
21-02-2017, 05:25 PM

We were due to be able to do so via Twickets.co.UK - the landing page is set up but it seems nobody has given it the go ahead yet. Oh well should be up and running next season when thousands will have midweek Championship games up for resale!

OneSize
21-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Silly question but how do you buy tickets on cpfc tickets.com? I'm gold member but no options for seats appear!?!?

Nth Kent Eagle
21-02-2017, 09:43 PM
You lot dont know your born, look what you get for just 40:
Really uncomfortable seats that a 5 year child would complain leg room about.
urine soaked shoes if you venture into the plush bathroom facilities.
You can marvel at the feat of engineering, that is the Gantry(already sold to Ninja warrior UK for the next series)
The vast and seasonably price food and drink available.
The ease with which you can enter the state of the art viewing facility.
Free designer wear which will delivered to your seat via a new delivery system trailed at NASA by the non sexually exploited personnel.
A team full of heart , desire, creativity and passion. Lead by a manager at the forefront of new and exciting playing ideals and always happy to let the players express themselves.
All this and more for 40. Bargain.

I'd just be happy with a home team goal. Actually compred to the 4,000 chemicals, 43 carcinogenic compounds and 400 toxins in a cigarette for only 40p that's expensive.

Seanee Pawnee
21-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Silly question but how do you buy tickets on cpfc tickets.com? I'm gold member but no options for seats appear!?!?

Friend a mine is a gold member and he says it just comes up with Requires Flash?
Any ideas?

Woosie
21-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Friend a mine is a gold member and he says it just comes up with Requires Flash?
Any ideas?

This happened when I went on there recently but I wasn't buying tickets.

Thread here may help http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=269120

Seanee Pawnee
22-02-2017, 09:07 AM
This happened when I went on there recently but I wasn't buying tickets.

Thread here may help http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=269120

Thanks Man!

orp pisshead1
23-02-2017, 05:03 AM
There shouldn't be any category as we go to watch Palace not the ******* opposition.

Olympian2
23-02-2017, 07:24 AM
I'm taking my two kids (aged 7 & 10) to a Surrey T20 at The Oval this summer - their 2 tickets cost a total of 2.

I'm taking my two kids (aged 7 & 10) to the final session of the Athletics World Championships at the Olympic Stadium this summer - their 2 tickets cost a total of 19.16.

I'm NOT taking my two kids (aged 7 & 10) to Palace v Watford in March as their 2 tickets would cost a total of 40.

Oli28
23-02-2017, 07:35 AM
There shouldn't be any category as we go to watch Palace not the ******* opposition.
We do, half of Selhurst nowadays probably dont

orp pisshead1
23-02-2017, 05:14 PM
We do, half of Selhurst nowadays probably dont

I'd say 10/15% but get your point :p.

Mr Bo Jangles
15-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Considering this is one of the most important games since we have been in premier league, there are still a substantial amount of tickets available online. Think the club have found the ceiling as to what people are willing to pay and 40 is above that ceiling.

Yoda
15-03-2017, 10:01 AM
40 to sit in the AW.

Pure greed from the club.

As a season ticket holder, I'm not always aware of the price for individual matches.

I agree, 40 for Arthur Wait is too much. I'd have said something like 30 at most, and 10 for kids....bearing in mind this is a Prem match.

Mr Bo Jangles
15-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Agree, it is not just the price it is the appalling quality of the facilities which make 40 unacceptable. Think the 27 per match for ST holders and max of 32 + membership costs are about right for non ST holders. Be very sad if we don't sell this out but not looking hopeful ATM.

racehorse-80s
15-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Pure greed when the club need a full house to cheer the team on to safety , All this milking of fans for big games leads to bad feelings and is unfair on fans who have stuck with the club in troubled times .

Olympian2
15-03-2017, 10:16 AM
I'm taking my two kids (aged 7 & 10) to a Surrey T20 at The Oval this summer - their 2 tickets cost a total of 2.

I'm taking my two kids (aged 7 & 10) to the final session of the Athletics World Championships at the Olympic Stadium this summer - their 2 tickets cost a total of 19.16.

I'm NOT taking my two kids (aged 7 & 10) to Palace v Watford in March as their 2 tickets would cost a total of 40.

OK, so now I AM taking my 7 year old son. God help us if we don't win, he's already got 2 Arsenal-supporting mates who are badgering him to switch allegiance. Thank Christ he got Luka & Sakho in his Match Attax cards yesterday.

Yoda
15-03-2017, 10:21 AM
OK, so now I AM taking my 7 year old son. God help us if we don't win, he's already got 2 Arsenal-supporting mates who are badgering him to switch allegiance. Thank Christ he got Luka & Sakho in his Match Attax cards yesterday.

Luka is already in the Match Attax...that's impressive.

laggin
17-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Considering this is one of the most important games since we have been in premier league, there are still a substantial amount of tickets available online. Think the club have found the ceiling as to what people are willing to pay and 40 is above that ceiling.

hardly surprising given this is a catA game

Levski
17-03-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm going to this game but tickets haven't arrived in post (travelling down early doors Saturday so won't get the post if they arrive tomorrow am). I have the email receipt printed out and my client ref number / member id card. Guessing I should go to box office before kick off? Bit worried, is this normally ok in people's experience? Can they print out new tickets? Any advice would be good, cheers

Palace121
17-03-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm taking my niece to the game tomorrow. Figured we could get there early to try and get her some autographs. Anybody know what time the player's generally show up?

Dorking .Eagle
17-03-2017, 07:26 PM
You won't like the answer but some players arrive as early as 1045am

About a quarter of them get dropped off by the tunnel area and dash in there so they don't have to sign autographs

And don't get your hopes up too much for a Benteke autograph, they're as rare as rocking horse poo - I've only seen him stop and sign once all season

For balance all the others that do park in the players parking area do sign unless they arrive 'late' (after 1pm). And Speroni and Zaha are lovely.

EddieEdwards
17-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm going to this game but tickets haven't arrived in post (travelling down early doors Saturday so won't get the post if they arrive tomorrow am). I have the email receipt printed out and my client ref number / member id card. Guessing I should go to box office before kick off? Bit worried, is this normally ok in people's experience? Can they print out new tickets? Any advice would be good, cheersYou should have no problem if you have the receipt and get there reasonably early.

Palace121
17-03-2017, 07:32 PM
You won't like the answer but some players arrive as early as 1045am

About a quarter of them get dropped off by the tunnel area and dash in there so they don't have to sign autographs

And don't get your hopes up too much for a Benteke autograph, they're as rare as rocking horse poo - I've only seen him stop and sign once all season

For balance all the others that do park in the players parking area do sign unless they arrive 'late' (after 1pm). And Speroni and Zaha are lovely.

I know Jules is lovely but I must admit it surprises me a little with Wilf. Good to know though.

From a personal point of view, I'm hoping to get Joel Ward to sign my newborn's Palace shirt as we named him Joel after looking for inspiration from the Palace squad. :supergrin: You don't happen to know what's like for signing autographs do you?

cantspell
17-03-2017, 07:34 PM
I know Jules is lovely but I must admit it surprises me a little with Wilf. Good to know though.

From a personal point of view, I'm hoping to get Joel Ward to sign my newborn's Palace shirt as we named him Joel after looking for inspiration from the Palace squad. :supergrin: You don't happen to know what's like for signing autographs do you?

He will definitely sign if you see him

Palace121
17-03-2017, 07:37 PM
And what time does he normally rock up?

Levski
17-03-2017, 08:20 PM
You should have no problem if you have the receipt and get there reasonably early.

Thanks, nice one

Dorking .Eagle
17-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Yeah,Joel Ward is fine for signing, just find a gap along the crowd barriers they set up by the fan zone and you'll be fine

Palace121
18-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Well that was disappointing. Got there for 12 and was told the players had gone to the training ground and that it would be better to wait after the game. I hung around until 1:15 hoping to catch the players when they got off the coach but no sign. Had to admit defeat and go get breakfast / lunch then.

Baffled Bob 2
18-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Well that was disappointing. Got there for 12 and was told the players had gone to the training ground

Disappointing for you and especially little Joel! But let's hope the extra hour at the training ground means we win.

Dorking .Eagle
18-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Well that was disappointing. Got there for 12 and was told the players had gone to the training ground and that it would be better to wait after the game. I hung around until 1:15 hoping to catch the players when they got off the coach but no sign. Had to admit defeat and go get breakfast / lunch then.

If its any consolation I was there at 1045 am (had a few things to sort out pre match) and they were already long gone, so goodness knows what time you'd have had to have been there to see them!

Palace121
18-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Hung around after the game as got a few pictures / signatures for my niece but no sign of Wardy. :( Think he must have snuck out the back somewhere, along with Hennessey, Tomkins, Schlupp, Sako, Cabaye and Benteke.

Palace121
24-03-2017, 01:16 PM
I'm still hoping to get Joel's baby kit signed. Does anybody know how I can go about arranging it other than hanging around after a match in the hope that Wardy makes an appearance?

andyocpfc
24-03-2017, 01:31 PM
He's on Instagram so why not send him a private message. He comes across as a genuinely nice (and normal)bloke which I'm sure would either say to send it or he can meet you next home game.

Palace121
24-03-2017, 02:09 PM
He's on Instagram so why not send him a private message. He comes across as a genuinely nice (and normal)bloke which I'm sure would either say to send it or he can meet you next home game.

I've tried Twitter & Facebook to no avail (though FB was only this morning) so might as well complete the hat trick. :)

Thanks.

andyocpfc
24-03-2017, 02:28 PM
I've tried Twitter & Facebook to no avail (though FB was only this morning) so might as well complete the hat trick. :)

Thanks.

TBF, I don't see him post a lot (or like) but worth a go in case he has notifications on. Alternatively, I'm sure a nice email to the club would sort it. Heck, you've named you son after him so would be pretty damn cruel to not do such a simple thing like sign a piece of baby clothing.