PDA

View Full Version : U23 v Cardiff today

palacepal15
06-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Note the late change of venue to the palace training ground and that there will be no access to the general public. Are season ticket holders classed as general public? Or will they be admitted on showing their season ticket as has happened in the past. Always attend U23 games home and away if possible and more clarity and consideration for the fans would be welcome.

Gazza2
06-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Note the late change of venue to the palace training ground and that there will be no access to the general public. Are season ticket holders classed as general public? Or will they be admitted on showing their season ticket as has happened in the past. Always attend U23 games home and away if possible and more clarity and consideration for the fans would be welcome.

No admittance even to season ticket holders.

orp pisshead1
06-02-2017, 12:00 PM
No admittance even to season ticket holders.

Don't worry GF will do that periscope thing from behind the bushes, poor Zaha .

kit82
06-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Do we even know what time KO is?

Presumably Mandanda and Sakho likely to play, maybe Remy too?

RobertCPFC
06-02-2017, 01:42 PM
The fixture list says 2:00 so I presume it still is.

Team taken from official club twitter:
Palace u23s to play Cardiff: Perntreou, Wynter, Phillips, O'Dwyer, Sturgess, McGregor, Flanagan, Wan-Bissaka, Lokilo, Kaikai, Andrews.
Palace u23s subs: Stewart, Woods, King-Elliott, Williams, Lumeka.

I thought we would be seeing some first team players e.g. Sakho, Mandanda but it doesn't seem to be. The only other reason I can think to be the reason for the venue change is because Dulwich Hamlet have a home game tomorrow in the FA Trophy.

Ruskin Old Boy
06-02-2017, 03:47 PM
The fixture list says 2:00 so I presume it still is.

Team taken from official club twitter:
Palace u23s to play Cardiff: Perntreou, Wynter, Phillips, O'Dwyer, Sturgess, McGregor, Flanagan, Wan-Bissaka, Lokilo, Kaikai, Andrews.
Palace u23s subs: Stewart, Woods, King-Elliott, Williams, Lumeka.

I thought we would be seeing some first team players e.g. Sakho, Mandanda but it doesn't seem to be. The only other reason I can think to be the reason for the venue change is because Dulwich Hamlet have a home game tomorrow in the FA Trophy.

That is correct.

(Big match for Dulwich. Win the replay and could face the likes of Lincoln City, Sutton (if they win their replay), Barrow in the quarter finals.)

Last I heard was that Palace were 3 up.

Sam Spade
06-02-2017, 03:51 PM
That is correct.

(Big match for Dulwich. Win the replay and could face the likes of Lincoln City, Sutton (if they win their replay), Barrow in the quarter finals.)

Last I heard was that Palace were 3 up.

Only 3. Disgrace. Allardyce out.

Pistol Knight
06-02-2017, 03:55 PM
FINISHED 3-0

RobertCPFC
06-02-2017, 04:31 PM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/u23s-report-crystal-palace-cardiff-city-3560042.aspx?utm_source=premier-league-website&utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=link

Dorking .Eagle
06-02-2017, 04:53 PM
What was the reason for no admittance to fans? Can the training ground not cope with 50 or so hardy souls wanting a half time wee?

Ruskin Old Boy
06-02-2017, 05:29 PM
What was the reason for no admittance to fans? Can the training ground not cope with 50 or so hardy souls wanting a half time wee?

Expect the first XI were still doing laps.

Neil the Eagle
06-02-2017, 08:00 PM

I think they are required to have at least a couple of stewards on hand for public admission, I'm guessing the lateness of venue change meant they couldn't make a suitable arrangement

Worksop Palace
06-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Expect the first XI were getting slapped

EFA

Woosie
06-02-2017, 08:08 PM

They get upset when the 18s play there on rare occasions - enter via Kent CC for example, so I expect someone would have a hissy fit were anyone to see any of the senior players so much as breathe.

A little concerning that Dreher is still out injured after being rushed back too quickly before for the FAYC where he picked up another injury. Spent most of this season injured sadly.

We seem to be trialling different goalkeepers. The sub keeper is the Whitehawk keeper who was previously at Whyteleafe. Before him we had Billy Granger but not sure what's happened with him

ForzaPalace
07-02-2017, 09:55 AM
They get upset when the 18s play there on rare occasions - enter via Kent CC for example, so I expect someone would have a hissy fit were anyone to see any of the senior players so much as breathe.

A little concerning that Dreher is still out injured after being rushed back too quickly before for the FAYC where he picked up another injury. Spent most of this season injured sadly.

We seem to be trialling different goalkeepers. The sub keeper is the Whitehawk keeper who was previously at Whyteleafe. Before him we had Billy Granger but not sure what's happened with him

Billy Granger sounds like a name straight out of Dream Team

WLYWLYAWYPWF
07-02-2017, 10:05 AM
That Whitehawk keeper needs to find another club before Andy Foodman ruins him.

Lee Farmie
07-02-2017, 03:01 PM

I assume that's Tom Stewart who made one appearance for Whyteleafe (at Carshalton) on 3rd December. He started training at Palace around that time and only played for us through Danny Young who was until recently Whyteleafe's Assistant Manager - but who was rarely able to get to matches because of his Palace commitments.

wrightchipvcfc
07-02-2017, 03:41 PM
The fans who go dulwich or t & Mitcham last season get the impression that club don't reAly want fans to go put it on twitter maybe 20 min before ko. Ok fixtures are in programe but venue and times can change it's more of a place that other managers and coaches meet up and it's full of agents walking round talking on there phones .Was much better the old reserve league knew time and place could use your st to get in organized

Dorking .Eagle
07-02-2017, 08:05 PM
I used enjoy occasionally watching the reserves. Can't muster the enthusiasm to see a team of predominantly kids/academy graduates. Fair play to those who do go and support the 'development squad' these days.

Pistol Knight
07-02-2017, 09:06 PM
I used enjoy occasionally watching the reserves. Can't muster the enthusiasm to see a team of predominantly kids/academy graduates. Fair play to those who do go and support the 'development squad' these days.

League 1 development squad

wrightchipvcfc
05-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Anyone know venue of Charlton game on Monday and if fans allowed entry cheers in advance.

Ruskin Old Boy
05-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Believe tomorrow's match is at Greenwich Borough's ground.