PDA

View Full Version : Ranieri.

wigman
23-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Looks like he has been relieved of his duties, it will be nice to hear the thoughts from Leicester1.
What are the thoughts of his sacking on here ?

SeanPalace84
23-02-2017, 08:28 PM
I think to a stupid decision personally! Just think he should have been in charge until the end of the season. That being said, there is definitely something wrong up there.

mpfn
23-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Poor show from the Leicester board.
It goes to prove you're only as good as your next game.
They will never match what he achieved last season, good luck Claudio, a decent man.

old git
23-02-2017, 08:35 PM
He won the league for them which is something they could never have imagined and nine months later they sack him.
I hate what football has become.

wigman
23-02-2017, 08:44 PM
He won the league for them which is something they could never have imagined and nine months later they sack him.

He deserved the chance to try to keep their PL status.
Thoroughly decent guy who in my eyes deserved better.

Big Gav
23-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Agree Wigman. Treated like dirt after what he has achieved

SJ'sLoveMonkey
23-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Disgrace

ONFG
23-02-2017, 10:15 PM

Two thirds of the way through Jordan's autobiography and the more I read the more depressing and poisonous football seems. Be careful what you wish for indeed.

Selhurst Celtic
23-02-2017, 10:41 PM
They should have let him the go the right way, by sacking him when he was on the telly.

old git
23-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Two thirds of the way through Jordan's autobiography and the more I read the more depressing and poisonous football seems. Be careful what you wish for indeed.

The premier league and all its riches has killed football.Getting there or staying there seems to be all that matters. If you get there you will find the first season is enjoyable but then it is a downward path to boredom and lack of everything that draws you to football in the first place.

EastBerksEagle
23-02-2017, 11:01 PM
And you've got all this to look forward to wigman , good luck to you .

Bones14
23-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Premier league champions, chance for the quarter finals of the champions league. Wtf is going on in this game.
It's Leicester ffs, Leicester. Not ****en Chelsea.

Classic case of trying to go the next step and falling away in certain areas. They were never going to have the depth in the squad to fight on all fronts. Feel sad for CR. He'll get a good job soon though.

thereichstuff
24-02-2017, 07:29 AM
They should have let him the go the right way, by sacking him when he was on the telly.

Oh I say :D

palacemetros
24-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Obviously the right thing to do. Quite clearly a club of Leicester's standing with three years' in the EPL should expect to win every game and having been champions, they should at least be in the top four. To now have to beat Sevilla at home instead of being able to cruise the 2nd leg with the youth team is scandalous for a club of their stature. Mirrors the massive under achievements going on at Palace and why we must sack every manager as soon as failings are apparent (5 games should be enough to see if it works or not). God, I hate football!

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Obviously the right thing to do. Quite clearly a club of Leicester's standing with three years' in the EPL should expect to win every game and having been champions, they should at least be in the top four. To now have to beat Sevilla at home instead of being able to cruise the 2nd leg with the youth team is scandalous for a club of their stature. Mirrors the massive under achievements going on at Palace and why we must sack every manager as soon as failings are apparent (5 games should be enough to see if it works or not). God, I hate football!

:p

fioreuk
24-02-2017, 10:11 AM

Surely no club could have that little class?

Eaglefoz
24-02-2017, 01:45 PM

:supergrin:

leicester1
24-02-2017, 06:22 PM
As i said on the other thread the news came as a complete shock to us out in spain....at 1st the news wasn't believed......I'm in complete agreement with most general comments but the owners made the decision and we as supporters just have to move on with the new manager whoever he will be....on the one hand things were clearly not good,now there might be a change in our results.....

Pistol Knight
24-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Sorry Rob but I hope the board get what they deserve and you go down (Keeping us up)

Nigelbrag
24-02-2017, 06:39 PM
In a way i suppose it was inevitable with the form the team has shown and the position they have slipped to, it's the way football operates. But you have to wonder if the timing was pointless, with still the chance to progress to the Champions League Quarter Finals just 1 decent home win away, i would have been tempted to have waited until after that game.
What i found shameful was reading about some players complaining about CR and his methods and approach, instead of asking themselves could it be we the players who have caused this slump by our own lack of performances. Is this not the Manager that supported them 100% even this season, was made FIFA coach of the year, was offered the Italy National managers job in the summer but showed loyalty to his players also the club and stayed. Is he the reason why the club are where they are or the players?
Then this humiliation shown to a decent man and excellent manager,someone who put the city of Leicester on the World map only a few short months ago.

EagleEater
25-02-2017, 01:06 AM
I'm surprised Palace haven't tried to lure him! World class stadium, eager players and great league postion....

Eagleinsussex
25-02-2017, 05:27 PM
I'm surprised Palace haven't tried to lure him! World class stadium, eager players and great league postion....

You really are a tart aren't you.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
25-02-2017, 05:31 PM

Off you pop Tarquin you have to deafen the Reading fans with all your noise :supergrin::supergrin:

Maiden Eagle
25-02-2017, 09:12 PM

What an absolute prat you are !!

A sensible thread started by one of your supporters (who unlike you, didn't start supporting the weeds in 2011) and you have to try and derail it:clown:

Hitler
26-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Very fickle, that Leicester board.
The side were struggling, yes, but still in the Champions League with a chance, and he deserved better.
Clubs who do that don't deserve better.
Maybe a job for Pardew, if he's not too busy.

Hitler
26-02-2017, 01:25 PM

That refers to Gus's being pretentious and trying to paint the club as bad guys. He'd been touting himself around the league very clearly to get a move, rather than show loyalty to his first management job.
I would have thought you'd have less sympathy for him anyway, after the dressing room incident.
He blotted a privileged copybook,

leicester1
26-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Reports have started emerging that Ranieri was given a 3 million pound pay out...and he's donated half of it to the Foxes Foundation ..........lots of silly rumours are knocking about I'm just hoping theres no civil war breaking out tomorrow at our match.....the blokes a legend,did'nt deserve the sack...but he's gone and we move forward......Gus Hiddink,Garry Rowatt possible replacements.

wigman
26-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Reports have started emerging that Ranieri was given a 3 million pound pay out...and he's donated half of it to the Foxes Foundation ..........lots of silly rumours are knocking about I'm just hoping theres no civil war breaking out tomorrow at our match.....the blokes a legend,did'nt deserve the sack...but he's gone and we move forward......Gus Hiddink,Garry Rowatt possible replacements.

He was a decent, honorable man.
I hope in time to come, your club can mark a fitting tribute to his legacy.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
26-02-2017, 05:48 PM
He was a decent, honorable man.
I hope in time to come, your club can mark a fitting tribute to his legacy.

He certainly deserves it, he should be given the freedom of Leicester after what he achieved last season

leicester1
21-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Interesting to read this back...Since Ranieri left us we've won 4 out of 4....quarter finals of the Champions League and the lone English representative.....and a couple of wins away from the relegation zone so at present the owners made the right decision even though they may have gone the wrong way about the dismissal.......obviously our club has attracted a lot of stick and it could all still go tits up but from a fans perspective looking at it now.....we're looking healthy again........for our fellow relegation rivals we do have a very tough April,games against Stoke and Sunderland at home mean getting anything will have to be earned as Stoke won't lie down and the Wearsiders are desperate for points with a majority of their fans going Krank at Leicesters recent upturn in fortunes........that's just the first few days in April....Away trips follow to Everton,Atletico and then Palace.....and then the FA have squeezed us in for a trip to Arsenal......ending the month away at West Brom.....edited to say we have the home leg against Atletico after the visit to Selhurst...

Vince Hilaire's Afro
21-03-2017, 07:50 PM

Dating back to the time Palace beat Brighton to earn a place in the PL, Palace have tended to rely on English managers with PL experience.

Perhaps there is a Championship club willing to massively overpay him, despite him not having any Championship experience, simply so their fans can wank over his name and have pizza nights during midweek games

old git
21-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Interesting to read this back...Since Ranieri left us we've won 4 out of 4....quarter finals of the Champions League and the lone English representative.....and a couple of wins away from the relegation zone so at present the owners made the right decision even though they may have gone the wrong way about the dismissal.......obviously our club has attracted a lot of stick and it could all still go tits up but from a fans perspective looking at it now.....we're looking healthy again........for our fellow relegation rivals we do have a very tough April,games against Stoke and Sunderland at home mean getting anything will have to be earned as Stoke won't lie down and the Wearsiders are desperate for points with a majority of their fans going Krank at Leicesters recent upturn in fortunes........that's just the first few days in April....Away trips follow to Everton,Atletico and then Palace.....and then the FA have squeezed us in for a trip to Arsenal......ending the month away at West Brom.....edited to say we have the home leg against Atletico after the visit to Selhurst...

When he was in charge you won the premier league.
Just saying.

leicester1
21-03-2017, 08:28 PM
He's gone....and we refuse to stagnate.....we're ready for moving forward ...in fact Palace can witness a small part of our entry into life without Ranieri.:p........................

leicester1
21-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Relating to Ranieri's departure.....apparently Vardi has had death threats and has been hounded due to the rumour he was 1 of several players involved in complaining about Ranieri.....I hav'nt read the story but if its any of our own that's done/doing this its completely senseless in my eyes..........

palacedaz
21-03-2017, 10:07 PM
I agree in part but how do you fans feel knowing the players were fraudulently taking your money week in week out by playing badly on purpose. I think it is a disgrace. How can you support Shakespeare who was part of this fraud for his own greedy and selfish reasons?

Penstone Eagle
21-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Gone right off Leicester, players got Ranieri sacked, scummy thing to do to a manager that enabled them to get better contracts etc after winning the league. Oh and grown men using plastic clappers! Cringe.

leicester1
22-03-2017, 05:37 AM
Daz.....you may see things slightly differently when you start to see the bigger picture ....ie when the reasons emerge.....I'm fully behind the players and Shakespere,......and Penstone ...we don't all play with those clackers .:sunglasses:

Bipe
22-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Relating to Ranieri's departure.....apparently Vardi has had death threats and has been hounded due to the rumour he was 1 of several players involved in complaining about Ranieri.....I hav'nt read the story but if its any of our own that's done/doing this its completely senseless in my eyes..........

Jamie Vardy lives down the road from me in rural Lincolnshire...I'll pop in if you like, make sure the poor lamb's not suffering too much from all this hounding?

A few weeks ago some of us in these parts were speculating on the merits of holding a relegation party outside his gaff to replicate last year's league winning effort when he lived in Melton. Sadly the prospect of that appears to have severely receded now.

Nigelbrag
22-03-2017, 11:50 AM

Firstly, i do love your subtle tongue in cheek dig in suggesting you have a very tough April with games against Stoke and Sunderland at Home to come:p, i wish Palace had that luxury, Chelsea next.
However, you can't blame outsiders for thinking there was an inside conspiracy to remove CR, whether that be by players not performing or the Bard himself being behind it, we will never know. On the other hand if the players played with pride especially as reigning champions, then they should never have been where they were, regardless to what the manager instructions are, especially if they are producing winning results.
Off course none of us fans know what went on behind the scenes, but it seemed strange not long before the players seemed to worship the ground CR walked on, and he supported them with unbelievable contracts for his players in support of their achievements, also turning down the Italian National managers job through loyalty to the club, players and fans, makes the players response to him seem strange.
Personally i never felt you would be relegated if the players performed as we know they can, as we now see with results in the past few games. What i do feel is fans outside of Leicester are questioning what i have mentioned earlier and the players attitude or lack of it, and this sudden change.
This is so reminiscent to what happened at Chelsea during Mourinho's period when the players brought about the downfall of one of the best managers in modern times, because they chose too. For me, the Leicester situation has a similar ring about it.

leicester1
22-03-2017, 08:11 PM
I take your points ...I already had to be fair.:p....we might have to wait a while for it all to come out..ie the reasons for Ranieri's leaving.....might even have to wait for someones autobiography to emerge....we'll see ......obviously for us fans we carry on supporting the team.

elgin eagle
23-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Gone right off Leicester, players got Ranieri sacked, scummy thing to do to a manager that enabled them to get better contracts etc after winning the league. Oh and grown men using plastic clappers! Cringe.

It does seem like they started playing again immediately after they got him sacked. Dunno how close to a Chelsea situation it was though.

Martin H
23-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Daz.....you may see things slightly differently when you start to see the bigger picture ....ie when the reasons emerge.....I'm fully behind the players and Shakespere,......and Penstone ...we don't all play with those clackers .:sunglasses:

As I have posted a few times on this and similar issues, as a fan you really have no choice but to accept it and move on. Looking forward, rather than backwards. As a fan you support the club and players, staff etc are transient and TBH most of us don't really have the option of walking away from it (it's in the DNA) so move on.

This 'turnaround' in form by the players does however leave a bad taste in the mouth because it is so striking and I can understand why there is a natural tendency to blame someone. It serves little purpose but it happens. The death threats are obviously crazy and can only come from crazy people.

Back to that change in form and the 'taste'. I think I just find it very difficult to accept that the players themselves could be comfortable with themselves after playing so badly before and then clearly putting in a different level of effort after. Vardy in particular looks a completely different player but he isn't alone.

I am not a fan of player power at any point but in today's money mad game, I have even less time for it because frankly their attachment to, and concern for the club is all too hollow. At Leicester, having achieved the impossible, the Hollywood ending wasn't to be. I think the failure to make it through even a season together ruins that script a little.

But you have to move on. TBH we are not too good at this moving on thing at Palace. :) :) :)

leicester1
23-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Good post Mart......some of our fans found it difficult to move on initially with critisisms on social media and even a judas banner outside our ground but they live on a different planet to some of us.....I saw Lineker and Jock Wallace walk away from us so learnt fast that things don't stay the same......when Cambiasso had a hand in us avoiding relegation and left I couldn't believe all the furore ...then we went and accidently won the Division....this seasons script hasn't been finished yet and to be fair even I'm getting tired out......I don't like to sit down at the football but it'll be nice to sit down at Grace Road in early summer with a pint watching bat on ball............keep your peckers up.:sunglasses:

leicester1
24-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Help needed please.....walking out of Thornton Heath railway station on a pub crawl to Selhurst....you have the Wetherspoons across the road...then towards the ground round the corner was a pub on the right with 2 pool tables at the back...is it still open.....and is the Prince George still open...cheers in anticipation.

Malarkey
24-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Help needed please.....walking out of Thornton Heath railway station on a pub crawl to Selhurst....you have the Wetherspoons across the road...then towards the ground round the corner was a pub on the right with 2 pool tables at the back...is it still open.....and is the Prince George still open...cheers in anticipation.

If you're talking about the pub a couple of spots from Subway, it's still open. As is the Prince George

leicester1
24-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks mate.....asking for a friend,i wasn't sure..:p

Malarkey
24-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Thanks mate.....asking for a friend,i wasn't sure..:p

If you're with him, have a good one :p

leicester1
24-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks mate...but iv'e put on 2 stone since last season so its coach for me and somewhere nearer Selhurst....:eek:

Maiden Eagle
31-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Apparently Ranieri is going to be the studio guest for the Palace/Arsenal game on Sky on Monday week, when he says he will discuss his sacking from Leicester.