PDA

View Full Version : Match Ticket Information Chelsea and Southampton games

Owngoal
06-03-2017, 10:42 AM
We seem to have no away games up for sale even though they are coming up fast. Anyone know when these two might come up?

EdMan
06-03-2017, 11:04 AM
I asked the box office about the Chelsea game last week. Sounds like tickets will go on sale towards the end of this week.

Owngoal
06-03-2017, 11:15 AM
I asked the box office about the Chelsea game last week. Sounds like tickets will go on sale towards the end of this week.

Cheers for that, by the time they do the usual points stuff it will be close to the game.

SJPLDN
06-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Tickets go on sale on Tuesdays so maybe Tuesday next week?

deftones_eagle
07-03-2017, 11:05 AM
I'll be at Southampton away. Just booked flights for that week. Up the palace.

Kirby
07-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Yeah what's going on with Chelsea tickets? Expected to come on here to see we'd sold out already. It's only three-and-a-half weeks away.

Going to be very popular with 30 tickets and our recent upturn in form.

dav434
07-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Yeah what's going on with Chelsea tickets? Expected to come on here to see we'd sold out already. It's only three-and-a-half weeks away.

Hopeful of getting one with 1000 points but not so sure :cool:

mether
07-03-2017, 06:10 PM

Another ground that's going to end up like the emerates, lifeless and no atmosphere .

JAS78
07-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Another ground that's going to end up like the emerates, lifeless and no atmosphere .

End up?

elgrande
07-03-2017, 06:50 PM

It was last year.

7Ps
07-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Up to us, then...

Owngoal
07-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Have always enjoyed the Chelsea fixture and they know how to serve pints quickly.

hdeagle
08-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Palace were very loud at the Chelsea Library last season and the team responded with a fantastic 2-1 win which left Chelsea stunned.

COYP

Selhurst Celtic
08-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Have always enjoyed the Chelsea fixture and they know how to serve pints quickly.

I begrudge giving the rentboys any of my hard earned as they would ordinarily try and rob you. The 30 away ticket cap was introduced to combat divs like Chelsea.
Back in the day you'd be at risk of getting a clump from one of their charming supporters. At our recent visit they were offering handshakes (and were oblivious to how patronising they were) because little old Palace had turned up and beaten them.

Robin
08-03-2017, 05:50 PM

But hot drinks only for UEFA Champions League games! How bizarre is that?

mether
08-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Back in the day you'd be at risk of getting a clump from one of their charming supporters. At our recent visit they were offering handshakes (and were oblivious to how patronising they were) because little old Palace had turned up and beaten them.

This time will probably ask us the way to Fulham Broadway station,in broken English.

smiler2
08-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Southampton away just got 7.50 on mega train single, then back to Surbiton for 14. Worth doing as southwest trains ain't the cheapest.

whyteleafeeagle
08-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Southampton away just got 7.50 on mega train single, then back to Surbiton for 14. Worth doing as southwest trains ain't the cheapest.

What time departing + where from?

smiler2
08-03-2017, 07:40 PM
What time departing + where from?
Mega train from Waterloo 14.39 arrive Southampton 16.15 7.50
Return 22.00 from Southampton, change Woking, arrive Surbiton 23.16 14 on ticketclever.com

whyteleafeeagle
08-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Return 22.00 from Southampton, change Woking, arrive Surbiton 23.16 14 on ticketclever.com
Lovely cheers

Big Al
08-03-2017, 09:44 PM

10pm could be pushing it...

New LP
08-03-2017, 09:58 PM
There's 5 tickets down there on the Trainline site going via Barnham.

Got this and an open return to Clapham on SWT for a total of 19.

smiler2
08-03-2017, 10:05 PM
10pm could be pushing it...
Worked for me earlier this season for the cup match.

laggin
09-03-2017, 03:05 AM
There's 5 tickets down there on the Trainline site going via Barnham.

Got this and an open return to Clapham on SWT for a total of 19.

sensible

deftones_eagle
09-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Got an open return to southampton with a railcard for 26

scro
09-03-2017, 11:44 AM

How can you not. I know it's fasionable to hate all things succesful but that is a proper football ground (for now). A great place to go to a match in a great area for drinking, eating etc.

If you haven't been, do yourself a favour and go before they pull the place down and start again and inevitably ruin it.

Oli28
09-03-2017, 11:58 AM
How can you not. I know it's fasionable to hate all things succesful but that is a proper football ground (for now). A great place to go to a match in a great area for drinking, eating etc.

If you haven't been, do yourself a favour and go before they pull the place down and start again and inevitably ruin it.
For sure. I think most people's gripe with it in recent years was that it was always 55 to get in. Loses points for having a two-tier away end though.

Ev
09-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Yeah,

apart from it having one of the worst views (from the lower tier) and, until this season when they were finally pulled into line, some of the most expensive away tickets in the country, populated by complete and utter w*nkers and a club run by a russian mafia ape, it's great.

Still, at least you can get there on your travelcard and be home in time for tea.

New LP
09-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Yeah,

apart from it having one of the worst views (from the lower tier) and, until this season when they were finally pulled into line, some of the most expensive away tickets in the country, populated by complete and utter w*nkers and a club run by a russian mafia ape, it's great.

Still, at least you can get there on your travelcard and be home in time for tea.

Amen to this. The only remotely enjoyable time we've played them there was last season. It was always a shithole in the old days, now it's like a theme park. Yes it's a nice part of London but to be honest you won't catch me drinking in Fulham Broadway. I'll leave that to all the day trippers from north Surrey and Croydon. And that's the home fans by the way.

King William
09-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Proper football ground?

Mr Bo Jangles
09-03-2017, 12:56 PM
But I have had two of the most enjoyable days I have ever had watching Palace at the ground, 1976 cup match and last season. Same result as one of those two again next month will do nicely.

Kirby
09-03-2017, 01:29 PM
I've been to Stamford Bridge twice (three if you count when I was a fetus), but never seen Palace there.

Nearly got knocked out last time for mildly celebrating a Huddersfield goal while sitting in the home end.

Got loads of Chelsea mates (90% of who won't go), so would love it if we nicked a result.

milky87
09-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Every time you talk to a Chelsea fan they will always say 'I have always supported them and have been going for years'

As my pic proves they have always had a fantastic support. Even though on this day Palace had 4,000 + there as I had to sit in the home end

scro
09-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Proper football ground?

Yes characterful, different stands and right on the pitch. The seats in the upper of the away end are as good a view as you will find in the league. It's a bonus that it's only a short ride from civilisation but not the reason i rate it very highly as an away day. I have visited on numerous occasions including the thrashing when even kezman scored and last seasons memorable victory. I would definitely rate it as one of my favourite grounds in the premier league. Especially when compared to places like the etihad, st mary's, the emirates and whatever they are calling the dull unimaginative stoke ground these days. Far nicer to drink and enjoy than white hart lane as well. Which is another ground i happen to like.

Owngoal
09-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Yes characterful, different stands and right on the pitch. The seats in the upper of the away end are as good a view as you will find in the league. It's a bonus that it's only a short ride from civilisation but not the reason i rate it very highly as an away day. I have visited on numerous occasions including the thrashing when even kezman scored and last seasons memorable victory. I would definitely rate it as one of my favourite grounds in the premier league. Especially when compared to places like the etihad, st mary's, the emirates and whatever they are calling the dull unimaginative stoke ground these days. Far nicer to drink and enjoy than white hart lane as well. Which is another ground i happen to like.

Even their policemen have been friendly!! Was it two seasons back they got their bar staff to wear a variety of classic Palace shirts to make us (the visiting fans) feel welcome. Very different from the 70s when the shed would try and ambush you.

Oli28
09-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Even their policemen have been friendly!! Was it two seasons back they got their bar staff to wear a variety of classic Palace shirts to make us (the visiting fans) feel welcome. Very different from the 70s when the shed would try and ambush you.
Quite common across the country these days. No idea why anyone would find bar staff wearing a palace shirt any more or less welcoming than wearing a normal shirt, but someone somewhere must enjoy this sort of thing.

hong_kong_hg
09-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Every time you talk to a Chelsea fan they will always say 'I have always supported them and have been going for years'

As my pic proves they have always had a fantastic support. Even though on this day Palace had 4,000 + there as I had to sit in the home end"Matthew Simmons", as in the C*ntona kickee?

7Ps
09-03-2017, 07:30 PM
How can you not. I know it's fashionable to hate all things successful but that is a proper football ground (for now). A great place to go to a match in a great area for drinking, eating etc...

And the only gents toilets in the Premier League that make the facilities in the Arthur look adequate...

Proper football ground.

John from Beare Green
09-03-2017, 07:52 PM
When I saw this thread title, I thought only of 1976.

Gosport Eagle
09-03-2017, 11:26 PM

As my pic proves they have always had a fantastic support. Even though on this day Palace had 4,000 + there as I had to sit in the home end

I recall a Premier League match in the mid90's at Stamford bridge with a 7,000 attendance (against Southampton if I recall correctly) They might have supported them for years but obviously weren't always going

salad fan club
09-03-2017, 11:58 PM
I recall a Premier League match in the mid90's at Stamford bridge with a 7,000 attendance (against Southampton if I recall correctly) They might have supported them for years but obviously weren't always going

There was a time in the 80s when they were near the bottom of div 2 with us and got similar under 10 k crowds

Chillo
10-03-2017, 12:22 AM
"Matthew Simmons", as in the C*ntona kickee?

My first thought too :p

laggin
14-03-2017, 12:41 AM
"Matthew Simmons", as in the C*ntona kickee?

he went onto follow Fulham not chelski