PDA

View Full Version : Quick Kit Question

Scrumpy
14-03-2017, 03:55 PM
What's the deal with this kit? I often seen it listed in these "worst ever kits" lists, but I can't seem any official reference of us ever using it? Did we ever use it and if so what year?

http://wordpress.hotpress.com/robsmith/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2011/09/palacejersey-300x229.jpg

SilentAssassin
14-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Wasn't it a 'leisure' shirt or something along those weird 90's fashion clothing lines? Saw on here that plenty of clubs produced similar shirts sold in the club shops.

Was this taken from the afwul clickbait football365 article by any chance?

Scrumpy
14-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Wasn't it a 'leisure' shirt or something along those weird 90's fashion clothing lines? Saw on here that plenty of clubs produced similar shirts sold in the club shops.

Was this taken from the afwul clickbait football365 article by any chance?

Technically, yes. I did see it today, but I have also seen it in several places over the years in similar artickes. It was the 365 article that got me thinking about it.

jaspercpfc
14-03-2017, 04:20 PM
What's the deal with this kit? I often seen it listed in these "worst ever kits" lists, but I can't seem any official reference of us ever using it? Did we ever use it and if so what year?

http://wordpress.hotpress.com/robsmith/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2011/09/palacejersey-300x229.jpg

Produced in about 92 from memory. As SA rightly stated it was part of the leisure attire

ElwissAtMemphis
14-03-2017, 04:58 PM
You didn't seriously think that that had ever been worn in a match did you? I suppose it was an era of some pretty horrendous kits that makes it seem plausible. Norwich's infamous bird-shit speckled effort being a prime example. Arsenal had a shocking quasi-psychedelic away number about that time too.

There was an even worse white polo shirt with an eagle's head across the chest that looked worryingly like it might be the new home kit when it appeared in the club shop over the Summer. The prevailing fashion of the time made it seem possible but fortunately even we didn't stoop that low.

Selhurst Celtic
14-03-2017, 05:02 PM
I really liked it when it came out. I now realise that it is dreadful. But I still quite like it.

in-exile
14-03-2017, 05:12 PM
I did buy one....

in-exile
14-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Don't let Parish see the thread .... Only so much you can do with stripes.....It will be next year's home kit!

Glaws Eagle
20-03-2017, 12:55 PM
I bought one .... wasn't it called .... "New York Skyline" or something.

In hindsight ... dreadful fashion faux pas.

MasterYoda
21-03-2017, 09:07 PM
I bought one .... wasn't it called .... "New York Skyline" or something.

In hindsight ... dreadful fashion faux pas.
Very obviously a stereogram on a shirt