PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd (A) Sunday 21st May 3pm - sold out after club takes reduced allocation

Pages : [1] 2

andyocpfc
23-03-2017, 08:59 AM
I know this is a little early but do we have any idea when these tickets are likely to go on sale?

Difficult to know how at this stage how popular this will be as it could be in huge demand if it's a 'decider' or almost meaningless (if that could ever be a case against them). Wonder if it will be one ticket per client.

Penstone Eagle
23-03-2017, 09:09 AM
I know this is a little early but do we have any idea when these tickets are likely to go on sale?

Difficult to know how at this stage how popular this will be as it could be in huge demand if it's a 'decider' or almost meaningless (if that could ever be a case against them). Wonder if it will be one ticket per client.

The title of the thread suggested that you already had the info.

andyocpfc
23-03-2017, 09:21 AM
The title of the thread suggested that you already had the info.

Eh? By putting the club and the date of the fixture?!? :confused:

Big Al
23-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Sold out

Chris K
23-03-2017, 09:57 AM
It will be one ticket per ref unless we get through 7 or 8 phases of sales, which we won't

Kirby
23-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Well I'm going to a 70th birthday party in Fareham so that's one seat free :sob:

andyocpfc
23-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Well I'm going to a 70th birthday party in Fareham so that's one seat free :sob:

Blimey, what happens if our game hinges on the result? Will you be able to get away to watch the match? I'm not sure I could actually talk to anyone knowing the game is being played.

pgw152
23-03-2017, 10:22 AM
When it goes on sale around the end of April, it will be 1 per (qualifying) person with several points/dates windows for purchase.

It will sell well and sell out, because:
-we may need something from the match to stay up
-we may be safe and just want to have a 3 hour long paaaarty at Old Trafford
-it is the first time that it will be a nice price (30 max)
-it will be a long summer of non-palace
-the trains will be cheap cos the date/time is more or less fixed, so peeps can book as soon as the cheapest advance fares are released (maybe already...)
-people like to watch in the flesh when Palace beat the wankers at their place

Palace Dan
23-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Wave on your way past!

racehorse-80s
23-03-2017, 10:57 AM
What's the usual allocation ?

3 Beers at HT
23-03-2017, 11:05 AM
-it will be a long summer of non-palace

The reason why Cricket is played :p

Palace_Akie
23-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I imagine the selling order will be the same as Liverpool away thats just been announced.

Thats unless we win like our next 2/3 games before they announce the ticket information and its likely we'll be safe from relegation for the last day of the season.

Kirby
23-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Blimey, what happens if our game hinges on the result? Will you be able to get away to watch the match? I'm not sure I could actually talk to anyone knowing the game is being played.

I'm hoping the party starts after 5pm. There's a pub with Sky a 10 min walk away.

If our safety hinges on the result I'm watching it regardless. I'm sure she'll have an 80th :supergrin:

Selhurst300
23-03-2017, 07:58 PM
It will be one ticket per ref unless we get through 7 or 8 phases of sales, which we won't

Why would we sell tickets to referees?

RobertCPFC
28-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Has anyone found any good train ticket yet? I still can't find advance tickets and wonder if I have missed them.

SHIPEAGLE
28-03-2017, 11:33 PM
if there are any they havnt gone on sale yet. The current tickets are flexible and at present you cannot reserve seats

Chris K
29-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Why would we sell tickets to referees?

It's a ploy to try and get clattentwat onside

RobertCPFC
29-03-2017, 03:37 PM
if there are any they havnt gone on sale yet. The current tickets are flexible and at present you cannot reserve seats

Thanks, I'll still keep looking to see if anything does happen.

SHIPEAGLE
10-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Virgin trains have today put slightly cheaper train tickets on sale and seat reservations are now also available.
Have paid £48.80 return with a senior rail card. Previously was being quoted £55.40
So come on all buy your trsin tickets for this before Man Utd supporters get all the seats

HOVE EAGLE
10-04-2017, 04:29 PM
I assume this date cannot be changed ?but then it is man Utd so anything can happen !

Oli28
10-04-2017, 05:11 PM
I assume this date cannot be changed ?but then it is man Utd so anything can happen !
It'll stay put providing they don't find another "mysterious" (or not so mysterious on further inspection) package before the game kicks off.

cpfc4evandeva
10-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Virgin trains have today put slightly cheaper train tickets on sale and seat reservations are now also available.
Have paid £48.80 return with a senior rail card. Previously was being quoted £55.40
So come on all buy your trsin tickets for this before Man Utd supporters get all the seats

£50odd return is a ******* pisstake. I flew to Belfast last year for £20 return. I went to Valencia for £45 return.

The rail network is this country is so ******* shit in virtually every single facet.

andyocpfc
12-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Anyone got any idea when the match tickets will go on sale for this, please?

aj4england
13-04-2017, 11:50 AM
£50odd return is a ******* pisstake. I flew to Belfast last year for £20 return. I went to Valencia for £45 return.

The rail network is this country is so ******* shit in virtually every single facet.

As train tickets go , £50 return to Manchester isn't bad I thought?

New LP
13-04-2017, 11:56 AM

It isn't too bad as far as rail fares go.

His general point about what a rip off rail travel is in this country stands though.

cpfc4evandeva
13-04-2017, 12:27 PM

That's exactly my point. £50 return to travel a total of about 400 miles. For the same price you can find a number of return flights with Easyjet and Norwegian that take you to another country and back.

If you have a car and know at least one other person going to the game, it works out far cheaper. It will also be pretty much the same travel time or less door to door, unless you live opposite Euston train station.

FourtyTwo
17-04-2017, 09:33 AM
It'll stay put providing they don't find another "mysterious" (or not so mysterious on further inspection) package before the game kicks off.

If they get to the Europa League final, it wouldn't surprise me TBH ;)

Lombardo's hair
18-04-2017, 10:39 PM
I think our mat at OT will be live if moan u have any sort of chance of CL spot. Even if they would need to beat us 19 0 to get in on GD.

Big Al
19-04-2017, 07:00 AM
I think our mat at OT will be live if moan u have any sort of chance of CL spot. Even if they would need to beat us 19 0 to get in on GD.

Our mat will kick off at the same time as all the other mats.

IanH
19-04-2017, 07:03 AM

But if it's a live game it may deter Palace fans from going up to the game?

Oli28
19-04-2017, 09:46 AM
But if it's a live game it may deter Palace fans from going up to the game?
Well it won't be confirmed until the week before, by which point the game will be sold out you would expect.

Lombardo's hair
19-04-2017, 10:00 AM
9Our mat will kick off at the same time as all the other mats.

Oops match. My point is if they are 3 points off 4th spot needing a massive GD turnaround and man city arse or whoever to lose they will probably show it.Any excuse. Same way they've shown 58 consecutive utd FA cup ties. Yes I know it's BT and BBC for FA cup......

Oli28
19-04-2017, 10:34 AM
PMSL

cpfc4evandeva
19-04-2017, 11:48 AM
I just hope we don't get walked over...

dweedman
19-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I just hope tickets go on sale with more than a week to go before the match.

jhc
21-04-2017, 04:24 PM
If they get through to the Europa Cup final (3 days later!) and their top 4 finish is already confirmed, I'd expect them to make changes for our game, with that final in mind! Let's hope so anyway :)

Neillo's Son
21-04-2017, 08:13 PM
If they get through to the Europa Cup final (3 days later!) and their top 4 finish is already confirmed, I'd expect them to make changes for our game, with that final in mind! Let's hope so anyway :)

Surely we'd rather they weren't in the top 4 and had no hopes of making it when we play them?

No Ibrahimovic and the only way to get Champs League by winning the Europa League would make me feel confident of another Big Sam upset!

mether
22-04-2017, 06:19 AM
That's exactly my point. £50 return to travel a total of about 400 miles. For the same price you can find a number of return flights with Easyjet and Norwegian that take you to another country and back.

If you have a car and know at least one other person going to the game, it works out far cheaper. It will also be pretty much the same travel time or less door to door, unless you live opposite Euston train station.
No chance with the doing the same travel time . Major road works just after leaving the m6.

Worksop Palace
24-04-2017, 06:16 AM

£11 return from Sheffield for me :lux:

Just hope I can get a match ticket

aj4england
24-04-2017, 08:15 AM
These tickets will be red hot after yesterdays win and the possibility of preventing United getting top 4!

eaglejez
24-04-2017, 08:43 AM
These tickets will be red hot after yesterdays win and the possibility of preventing United getting top 4!

but if they win the Europa they qualify :(

andyocpfc
24-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Surely these should go on sale soon with only 4 weeks to go and knowing the date can't be changed?

dowieslovechild
24-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Already got my train tickets, now waiting patiently for game tickets to go on sale.

loshrr
25-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Already got my train tickets, now waiting patiently for game tickets to go on sale.
What's the cheapest train there, or what train do you recon?

New LP
25-04-2017, 09:21 AM
What's the cheapest train there, or what train do you recon?

You are looking at £78.

Rip off.

dowieslovechild
25-04-2017, 10:09 AM
I booked through Trainline. It came to about £80 return, so definitely not the cheapest option.

I booked flexible tickets, so that we could get on any train. They told me that I had up to a month in Manchester to use my ticket before returning home...I politely him "**** that!"

We were originally looking to go up on the Saturday and stay over, like we did last season. Then I saw the prices of hotel accommodation! Rip off *****! Even a Premier Inn wanted £140!!!

ebyeeckeagle
25-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Surely these should go on sale soon with only 4 weeks to go and knowing the date can't be changed?

You'd have thought so. I bore myself by repeating what an old fashioned way ticketing is handled in the super duper rich EPL.

loshrr
25-04-2017, 01:15 PM
you could try airbnb, usually a lot cheaper

Chris K
27-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Just got this from the club:

Dear Chris

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we have no timeframe on when we will have the tickets in from Manchester United.

As soon as we get the tickets in we will put all information up on our official club website and our ticketing website.

FFS, how long does it take for Man Utd to confirm tickets for a game that can't be moved

andyocpfc
29-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Just got this from the club:

FFS, how long does it take for Man Utd to confirm tickets for a game that can't be moved

It does seem bizarre. Hard to gauge how this will sell as Man City seems to be going very slowly, although the kick off time is crap for City and arguably would never be as popular as Man Utd away. I assume the same selling process will be set for Utd as it is for City.

Does anyone know how many tickets we get allocated?

SHIPEAGLE
29-04-2017, 10:51 AM
If the Club take the full allocation it is about 3000 but in recent times the Club have taken reduced allocations at some matches including last weeks game at Liverpool and the other year at Liverpool when it was the last game.
Personally i believe the Club would sell the full allocation at Man Utd

Johnnieboy
29-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Clattenberg reffing his last premier league game today at West Brom, so at least we won't have to put up with him...

andyocpfc
29-04-2017, 12:17 PM
If the Club take the full allocation it is about 3000 but in recent times the Club have taken reduced allocations at some matches including last weeks game at Liverpool and the other year at Liverpool when it was the last game.
Personally i believe the Club would sell the full allocation at Man Utd

I do too so hope we do. It's the last game of the season and likely we'll be safe so a party type atmosphere or if the worse case happens we'll be going there to stay up. Also, whether we like them or not (not), this game will always be top billing because of who they are and our history.

READING EAGLE
29-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Clattenberg reffing his last premier league game today at West Brom, so at least we won't have to put up with him...

TFFT

meee
29-04-2017, 12:24 PM
I do too so hope we do. It's the last game of the season and likely we'll be safe so a party type atmosphere or if the worse case happens we'll be going there to stay up. Also, whether we like them or not (not), this game will always be top billing because of who they are and our history.

Plus only about 500 went last year so it's 2 years since a lot have made the trip.

andyocpfc
29-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Plus only about 500 went last year so it's 2 years since a lot have made the trip.

Really, I didn't know it was so poorly attended last year. I stand corrected in my comment then above.

Worksop Palace
29-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Really, I didn't know it was so poorly attended last year. I stand corrected in my comment then above.

Was it not a midweek pretty close to the cup final last season, hence the 'poor' turnout ?

davech
29-04-2017, 01:15 PM

So we won't be able to bid him a fond farewell, then? :D

andyocpfc
29-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Was it not a midweek pretty close to the cup final last season, hence the 'poor' turnout ?

Ah yes, quite right.

Johnnieboy
29-04-2017, 02:08 PM
So we won't be able to bid him a fond farewell, then? :D

When he writes his memoirs, his biggest regret will be not having had the chance to officiate at Selhurst Park one last time... :lux:

dav434
30-04-2017, 01:51 PM

Still likely we'll be safe?? :cool:

andyocpfc
30-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Still likely we'll be safe?? :cool:

I bloody hope so. Probably the worse ground I'd want to go to needing points and also worst ground to be relegated at in the Premier league.

cpfc4evandeva
30-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Last season ended in heartbreaking disappointment with a loss to them lot.

Surely lightning won't strike twice?

Little Fozzie
30-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Last season ended in heartbreaking disappointment with a loss to them lot.

Surely lightning won't strike twice?
On May 21st...

cpfc4evandeva
30-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Yikes :(

With regards to tickets, is this the least time we've ever been given to buy for a league game? It's less than 3 weeks away now.

SHIPEAGLE
30-04-2017, 10:08 PM
i thought there was a rule that away tickets had to be made available 4 weeks prior to the game

Gark Moldberg
01-05-2017, 01:04 PM
I suspect that ManU and the Plots will move heaven and earth to get this fixture moved forward to Saturday if we are safe so that they get an extra day to prepare for the final (assumes they win the semi).

cpfc4evandeva
01-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Pretty sure that's completely impossible.

Stavros 69
01-05-2017, 01:17 PM
I suspect that ManU and the Plots will move heaven and earth to get this fixture moved forward to Saturday if we are safe so that they get an extra day to prepare for the final (assumes they win the semi).

It's the last game of the season there I see no chance in hell the game will be moved

davech
01-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Yep. All final fixtures kick off same day, same time.

FourtyTwo
01-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Has to be movement on this this week, surely?

Johnnieboy
01-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Has to be movement on this this week, surely?

Perhaps they're waiting for all their season ticket holders to book up all the trains from London first?

stevek
02-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Perhaps they're waiting for all their season ticket holders to book up all the trains from London first?

This is the only game of the season you can be sure won't be moved.

SHIPEAGLE
02-05-2017, 07:31 AM
im beginning to think that perhaps Man Utd are hoping that nothing rests on the result of our game and the Premier League agree late change of date to give them more time before the Euro Final if they get there.
If this happens then someone will get a big bill for unused train tickets for the Sunday not to mention the inconvenience caused to supporters

Surely tickets should be on sale and the game cannot be moved at this late stage

andyocpfc
02-05-2017, 07:48 AM
20 days to go and no tickets on sale - madness!

Maybe CPFC are waiting to see the relevance of the game before committing to buying the max number of tickets available so they don't get stung for buying empty seats. Who knows.

SHIPEAGLE
02-05-2017, 07:58 AM
think the decision on number of tickets Palace take was made a while back

READING EAGLE
02-05-2017, 08:25 AM
im beginning to think that perhaps Man Utd are hoping that nothing rests on the result of our game and the Premier League agree late change of date to give them more time before the Euro Final if they get there.
If this happens then someone will get a big bill for unused train tickets for the Sunday not to mention the inconvenience caused to supporters

Surely tickets should be on sale and the game cannot be moved at this late stage

We were sols out against Hull and the game was moved.

Officer Dibble
02-05-2017, 08:35 AM

Think there might have been some legs in this suggestion. Man Utd carry sufficient clout with the PL that there might be an ambition to move the game if it is beneficial to them. This could only remotely be possible if Palace were safe and in agreement.
The Burnley loss has probably scuppered any hope of this as they surely couldn't leave it another week before announcing change or releasing tickets.

SA Eagle
02-05-2017, 08:54 AM
We were sols out against Hull and the game was moved.

Different circumstances. The last day games are all meant to take place at exactly the same time; there is no precedent for changing them. Sky generally show two, based on what's at stake in the table.

EdMan
02-05-2017, 08:54 AM
It's going to be Clattenburg for this one isn't it? And we'll surely need at least a draw. :supergrin:

scro
02-05-2017, 08:59 AM
It's going to be Clattenburg for this one isn't it? And we'll surely need at least a draw. :supergrin:

I don't think so. I thought they said he had done his last prem game this weekend just gone.

Shipsisourking
02-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Thought I'd email the box office to find out and they still don't know when they are going on sale. Let's hope it's within the next 3 weeks or so.

andyocpfc
02-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Going on sale Thursday at 10am. :p

New LP
02-05-2017, 02:52 PM
They are on sale to home supporters for the correct date and time on their website.

colin_cork
02-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Going on sale Thursday at 10am. :p

First round. 60,000 points :)

Ruskin Old Boy
02-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Interesting:

Phase 1

Thursday 4th May from 10am

Season ticket holders & paid members with 3500+ Loyalty Points

One ticket per client reference

Phase 2

Friday 5th May from 10am

Season ticket holders & paid members with 1000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 3

Monday 8th May from 10am

Season ticket holders Ė No Loyalty Points requirement

Phase 4

Tuesday 9th May from 10am

Paid members Ė No Loyalty Points requirement

Phase 5

Wednesday 10th May from 10am

Season ticket holders and paid members can book one additional ticket (maximum of two tickets per client reference) Ė No Loyalty Points requirement

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tickets-for-our-final-match-of-the-season-at-man-utd-go-on-sale-from-thursday-3702538.aspx#TGfiMZxsRGq6KtHM.99

colin_cork
02-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Reckon it'll reach phase 4,?

Little Fozzie
02-05-2017, 08:27 PM
3500 straight down to 1000? Weird

ellioteagle1
02-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Weirdest points system I've ever seen. Surely starting at 2500 then dropping to 1500, 500 etc over a 4 day period is far more fair? In our group of 4 two of us have 3500 the other two are 3000. If we miss out the club has seriously ****ed up. Hopefully we've taken the full allocation.

greybot
02-05-2017, 11:09 PM
I'm just shy of 3500 so obviously will be annoyed if I miss out. Hope they haven't messed this one up.

jmemour
03-05-2017, 05:43 AM
Assume we've taken a big allocation...

Palace_Akie
03-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Weirdest points system I've ever seen. Surely starting at 2500 then dropping to 1500, 500 etc over a 4 day period is far more fair? In our group of 4 two of us have 3500 the other two are 3000. If we miss out the club has seriously ****ed up. Hopefully we've taken the full allocation.

Difficult though because they had about 8 phases for Liverpool and still struggled to sell out the smaller allocation. If you wait too long to go down the points bands then its possible people at the bottom make other plans and don't go.

Nelson Muntz
03-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Difficult though because they had about 8 phases for Liverpool and still struggled to sell out the smaller allocation. If you wait too long to go down the points bands then its possible people at the bottom make other plans and don't go.

To be fair, Liverpool was on a Sunday at 4pm. This is 3pm Saturday, last game, maybe something on it. I reckon they'll fly.
I hope we've taken maximum allocation for this.

sherstonpalace
03-05-2017, 07:15 AM
To be fair, Liverpool was on a Sunday at 4pm. This is 3pm Saturday, last game, maybe something on it. I reckon they'll fly.

3pm Sunday, isn't it?

ebyeeckeagle
03-05-2017, 07:18 AM
I hope so!

newish eagle
03-05-2017, 07:19 AM
3500 straight down to 1000? Weird
It doesn't discriminate different levels of attendance, or folk buying stuff, at all!

ebyeeckeagle
03-05-2017, 07:19 AM

Hope you haven't booked a hotel Muntz.

Nelson Muntz
03-05-2017, 07:20 AM
3pm Sunday, isn't it?

Oops, sorry, yes Sunday.
Abbottesque mistype.

FMH57
03-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Assume we've taken a big allocation...

I bet they haven't. taken the full one. Still smarting at having to pay for a few hundred tickets they couldn't sell for Old Trafford a few years back. The fact that that was a early Saturday kick off , live on TV and the tickets were £50+, doesn't seem to come into their reckoning. Don't think they have even realised that away tickets are capped at £30 judging by the allocations they took for Southampton and Liverpool this year. Oh well, it could only be a £120 million pound game for the club. Makes sense to watch the pennies...not.

Anyway, EddieEdwards, who decides on the allocations these days, now I presume Browett has nothing to do with the ticketing ?

Owngoal
03-05-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm just shy of 3500 so obviously will be annoyed if I miss out. Hope they haven't messed this one up.

And of course they wait to the summer to add your points for the 17/18 season ticket...... Take the money quickly enough

EddieEdwards
03-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Anyway, EddieEdwards, who decides on the allocations these days, now I presume Browett has nothing to do with the ticketing ?I don't know. Clearly they take reduced allocations if they think there is even the remotest chance that they would be left with a few unsold tickets, and maximising the away support is not considered important in the slightest. The phases for this game suggest that they might have taken the full allocation, but who knows?

Isn't it fun guessing what allocation the club have taken for games like this and Liverpool? How dull it would be if the club thought the fans worthy of being informed about such matters.

jmemour
03-05-2017, 08:39 AM
And of course they wait to the summer to add your points for the 17/18 season ticket...... Take the money quickly enough

Doesn't really make a difference, does it. Most ST holders will have renewed so it'd just put the first band up to 4000 points, then phase 2 1500 points...

andyocpfc
03-05-2017, 08:40 AM
What is the max total allocation you can get at Old Trafford?

Surely they wouldn't not take it given the potential importance. Even if it's not its the last game of the season whereby generally everyone will make a big effort because of no more football for another 3 months and it's a form of celebration if we were to be safe by then.

pgw152
03-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Fans who have been put off by the pricing before may well want to give it a go this season. If we haven't asked for the full 3k, heads will roll.

jmemour
03-05-2017, 09:08 AM
What is the max total allocation you can get at Old Trafford?

Surely they wouldn't not take it given the potential importance. Even if it's not its the last game of the season whereby generally everyone will make a big effort because of no more football for another 3 months and it's a form of celebration if we were to be safe by then.

Minimum allocation in PL is either 10% of the ground up to 3,000. Can then get more if it's agreed with both clubs, but United will sell out every game at home so max is realistically 3,000.

andyocpfc
03-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Minimum allocation in PL is either 10% of the ground up to 3,000. Can then get more if it's agreed with both clubs, but United will sell out every game at home so max is realistically 3,000.

Okay, ta. I'm sure it's been mentioned before (poss for Cup final process) but do we know how many clients we have with over 3500 points?

Chobham Eagle
03-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Okay, ta. I'm sure it's been mentioned before (poss for Cup final process) but do we know how many clients we have with over 3500 points?

A lot lot fewer than 3,000 I'm sure. But way more than 3,000 will have more than 1,000 points.

jmemour
03-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Emailed the box office, asking how much our allocation was as I'm looking to purchase tickets in phase 2. Their response would make a politician proud...

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that we will not sell out tickets in phase 1 for our game against Manchester United.

Kind regards

andyocpfc
03-05-2017, 09:39 AM
[emoji23][emoji23]

Chris K
03-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Because of all the dicking around the club don't have the time to go through loads of phases.

andyocpfc
03-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Because of all the dicking around the club don't have the time to go through loads of phases.

I'd be interested to know what party was the one doing the dicking and for what reason. 18 days seems unfair on supporters to arrange things.

Dorking .Eagle
03-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Away ST processed today. Was allocated seats in the quadrant. No idea if we have taken the end block of the South Stand as well or just the quadrant, but whenever we have also taken the block in the South Stand I am allocated that, so not sure what to read into that to be honest.

Quite happy to be in the front of the quadrant of course, only wheelchairs in front of us.

New LP
03-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Emailed the box office, asking how much our allocation was as I'm looking to purchase tickets in phase 2. Their response would make a politician proud...

I can confirm that we will not sell out tickets in phase 1 for our game against Manchester United.

Kind regards

Would suggest they have taken a reduced allocation for what could be one of the most vital games in the club's history. Still we wouldn't want to risk the club being out of pocket by a completely insignificant margin would we?

meee
03-05-2017, 12:55 PM
They can't have taken a reduced allocation surely.I'm waiting for phase 4 and pretty sure I won't stand much chance.We'd sell 6,000 for this easily.

Chris K
03-05-2017, 01:03 PM
I'd be interested to know what party was the one doing the dicking and for what reason. 18 days seems unfair on supporters to arrange things.

Mourinho was threatening to play the U23s against us so maybe it was him/Man Utd trying to get the game brought forward to the saturday should the get to the Europa League final?

SKATE
03-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Mourinho was threatening to play the U23s against us so maybe it was him/Man Utd trying to get the game brought forward to the saturday should the get to the Europa League final?

Last game of the season is always an immoveable feast -the only game of the season you can absolutely guarantee kick off day and time

Vanessa
03-05-2017, 01:10 PM

All the last day games would then have to be changed to the Saturday as they all have to be played on the same day at the same time.

Chris K
03-05-2017, 01:22 PM
I realise all this but does it mean they wouldn't have tried?

Chobham Eagle
03-05-2017, 02:19 PM
I realise all this but does it mean they wouldn't have tried?

They'll probably find "a suspicious package" at Old Trafford just before kick off.

7Ps
03-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Some atmosphere, perhaps?

newish eagle
03-05-2017, 07:29 PM

Kind regards

They can neither confirm or deny the size of the allocation. It's a sensitive issue, you can understand the defensiveness....

palacemetros
03-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Wot? No "singing section"? (Lol)

I think we may need a "nail-biting" section instead.

meee
03-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Wot? No "singing section"? (Lol)

I think we may need a "nail-biting" section instead.

We're Crystal Palace,we bite our nails all the time.

New LP
04-05-2017, 08:09 AM
They can neither confirm or deny the size of the allocation. It's a sensitive issue, you can understand the defensiveness....

Of course through we have the best owners in the league who care about and communicate with the fans more than any other owners.

No doubt this will only be 20 'loyalty' points like a lunchtime kick off is at City as well.

andyocpfc
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Who's got theirs?

Chris K
04-05-2017, 10:31 AM
They'll probably find "a suspicious package" at Old Trafford just before kick off.

No that's just the way these new trousers I have hang

RobertCPFC
04-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Who's got theirs?

Got mine, quickest I have ever got through on the phone.

Davy64
04-05-2017, 11:18 AM
I'll be there with sweaty palms.

cpfcfly
04-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Booked train tickets ages ago for this one. Just done match ticket. Been waiting for this one for a while. I almost want it to go down to the final day so we beat them, stay up, and stop them from getting into Europe next season :supergrin::supergrin:

newish eagle
04-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Of course through we have the best owners in the league who care about and communicate with the fans more than any other owners.

No doubt this will only be 20 'loyalty' points like a lunchtime kick off is at City as well.
Got my City tickets this week and saw that. Thought 20 points for a 12.30 televised game, four hours drive away, was a little conservative.

Officer Dibble
04-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Yep, got our tix. Weekend in Manchester looms.

Palace_Akie
04-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Got my City tickets this week and saw that. Thought 20 points for a 12.30 televised game, four hours drive away, was a little conservative.

Especially as it always used to be 40pts.

cheekychippie
04-05-2017, 06:14 PM
anyone recommend a good hotel/ bb ? for 4 adults
please ....

New LP
04-05-2017, 06:38 PM

Just make sure you buy lots of merchandise and food and drink in the ground to show your loyalty.

Palace_Akie
04-05-2017, 07:21 PM
please ....

Premier Inn Deansgate Locks sometimes is a bit cheaper as its on the edge of the city centre but its still only 5mins from the nearest tram stop which is direct to Old Trafford. Other ones are the Ibis on Salford Quays or Sachas in the northern quarter if you're feeling brave as its a bit rough around the edges.

Issue sometimes is all the hotels hike the prices on weekends when they know Utd are at home but worth a try.

BERT'S HEAD
04-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Premier Inn Deansgate Locks sometimes is a bit cheaper as its on the edge of the city centre but its still only 5mins from the nearest tram stop which is direct to Old Trafford. Other ones are the Ibis on Salford Quays or Sachas in the northern quarter if you're feeling brave as its a bit rough around the edges.

Issue sometimes is all the hotels hike the prices on weekends when they know Utd are at home but worth a try.

Sachas ! I'll say it's rough round the edges. Bleedin' rough inside as well :D

colin_cork
04-05-2017, 11:28 PM

I'm staying in sachas :)

Stockport_Eagle
04-05-2017, 11:44 PM
please ....
Travelodge 'Manchester Sport City' is usually the cheapest Travelodge...its a 5/6 minute taxi or bus ride from town but between 4 adults a couple of quid each may still make it a good option.

Stockport_Eagle
04-05-2017, 11:47 PM
I concur with the recent previews :p

colin_cork
05-05-2017, 01:19 AM
I concur with the recent previews :p

Era, its a bed for the night. That's all I want

Palace_Akie
05-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Thought it was fair to warn people :p but its only like £40 per night even on a Saturday so not a bad option if you literally just want a place to sleep for a few hours.

adman50
05-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Got my 4.

Website was on the brink of collapse

Stupid points system this time was obviously going to be a high demand game.

Ridcully
05-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Tix booked, that was easy

ellioteagle1
05-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Thought that may be difficult but got our 3.

Chris K
05-05-2017, 09:20 AM
3 here too, row 27 in E231. Anyone know the number of rows in the away end? I’ve been refreshing since yesterday and that’s the furthest back I’ve seen

andyocpfc
05-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Got mine - piece of piss [emoji106]

FourtyTwo
05-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Tix booked, that was easy

Yup - on dis ting!

Shipsisourking
05-05-2017, 09:39 AM
they are now selling 232 if you want 3 tickets or more together, I'm assuming that this is selling pretty fast.

Oli28
05-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Couldn't get 231 at 10:15 (not arsed either way) so it must be going quickly.

Oli28
05-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Thought it was fair to warn people :p but its only like £40 per night even on a Saturday so not a bad option if you literally just want a place to sleep for a few hours.
Sachas is great - I had a room there which had a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. It didn't work though.

andyocpfc
05-05-2017, 09:54 AM
3 here too, row 27 in E231. Anyone know the number of rows in the away end? Iíve been refreshing since yesterday and thatís the furthest back Iíve seen

Chris don't know if this is any good (well not really) but found this block on line with row 8 in E231 shown. Should be the right angle (ish) though.

FourtyTwo
05-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Couldn't get 231 at 10:15 (not arsed either way) so it must be going quickly.

Must've flown, as I got 230 at 10am!

Oli28
05-05-2017, 10:03 AM
At this rate they'll regret not staggering the sales more

Johnnieboy
05-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Chris don't know if this is any good (well not really) but found this block on line with row 8 in E231 shown. Should be the right angle (ish) though.

I got row 9 in 231, so that's perfect, thanks!

dav434
05-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Must've flown, as I got 230 at 10am!

I also got one in E230 row 27 at 10.01 am lol

mether
05-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Well done box office . Once the panic buyers had got there's, nice and easy.

greybot
05-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Surprised it's not sold out yet given only 1000 points needed and it could well decide our season.

andyocpfc
05-05-2017, 01:52 PM

Can I ask how much you paid for yours please?

I'm looking for a place to stay Saturday and Sunday night and Sunday is fine but add Saturday and takes it to about £250!

mether
05-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Manchester will be busy Saturday and Sunday night ,with united at home. Also West Ham are at Burnley, toss up with a night out in Burnley or Manchester where would you choose.

Swanny32
05-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Just spoken to the box office and booked a few tickets. He said they're in the last block with only 14 rows left, selling like hot cakes and doesn't expect many to be left, if any, by the end of Monday.

cheekychippie
05-05-2017, 03:29 PM

I think you have the disabled section below ,so row 1 is not right down low ,unless my memory has totally gone lol....

greybot
05-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Manchester will be busy Saturday and Sunday night ,with united at home. Also West Ham are at Burnley, toss up with a night out in Burnley or Manchester where would you choose.

Train to Liverpool straight after already booked. Sunday on Mathew Street just like a Friday or Saturday night. Hopefully we have something to celebrate!

TheMexicanHorse
06-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Blimey didn't realise it would be so popular this one.
Tickets purchased

IanH
06-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Just spoken to the box office and booked a few tickets. He said they're in the last block with only 14 rows left, selling like hot cakes and doesn't expect many to be left, if any, by the end of Monday.

Yeah just got 7 in block 233 which is right round towards the Man U fans behind the goal. Shocked that we have sold so many so quickly.

palacemetros
06-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Yeah just got 7 in block 233 which is right round towards the Man U fans behind the goal. Shocked that we have sold so many so quickly.

I'm not at all surprised. £30 ticket prices and last game of the season with maybe all to play for. I panicked and got mine at 10.01 yesterday. I'm actually surprised it hasn't sold out already if you've just got yours.

loshrr
06-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Got my tickets. It's my first trip to Old Trafford, so how do you recommend to travel? By coach or train?

mether
06-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Got my tickets. It's my first trip to Old Trafford, so how do you recommend to travel? By coach or train?

What can you afford? Train prices sky high now.

mether
07-05-2017, 11:20 AM
For Those who have not booked travel to Manchester yet ,think it's working out about £82 return from Euston at the moment. Someone a mate knows cost him £80 yesterday in total.booked a single on the 08.45 to Crewe now £27. Single from Crewe on the 11.23 for £13. Way home booked a flight from Manchester 19.55 to London city arriving 20.55. Now £60 on skyscanner. Not a bad way to do it.

dav434
07-05-2017, 08:23 PM
For Those who have not booked travel to Manchester yet ,think it's working out about £82 return from Euston at the moment. Someone a mate knows cost him £80 yesterday in total.booked a single on the 08.45 to Crewe now £27. Single from Crewe on the 11.23 for £13. Way home booked a flight from Manchester 19.55 to London city arriving 20.55. Now £60 on skyscanner. Not a bad way to do it.

Split tickets is always a good way to go. Booked mine there and back from Reading (where I live) to Manchester Piccadilly using split tickets and saved £30 on the listed price on national rail enquiries

EddieEdwards
08-05-2017, 08:11 AM
On sale to all ST holders from 10am today.

loshrr
08-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Train tickets booked. Virgin trains 8:10 from Euston and back home from Manchester Piccadilly 19:35. £72. Decent price.

pgw152
08-05-2017, 09:33 AM
If u want to do it cheap (£38) and be on the trains for most of the day then London Midland Super Off Peak Return to Liverpool + liv/manc bus/train is your man

gw_eagle97
08-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Saying it's sold out online now

Scrumpy
08-05-2017, 12:51 PM
all gone it seems.

Mr Bo Jangles
08-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Did we take full 3000 allocation?

EddieEdwards
08-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Officially sold out.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-away-match-against-manchester-united-is-now-sold-out.-3710309.aspx

laggin
09-05-2017, 12:35 AM
Did we take full 3000 allocation?

probably not. should take a leaf out of Swanseas book and pay for the full allocation which they are doing for sunderland to ensure 3000 away fans there instead of 700

IanH
09-05-2017, 06:25 AM
probably not. should take a leaf out of Swanseas book and pay for the full allocation which they are doing for sunderland to ensure 3000 away fans there instead of 700

Bearing in mind where our tickets are (we got them late) I think we might have the full allocation. In our first season up there were a few hundred unsold seats for the lunchtime kick-off and they were in the block that we are in for this game.

Keith Powell
09-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Officially sold out.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-away-match-against-manchester-united-is-now-sold-out.-3710309.aspx

How many tickets did we take ?

cpfcfly
09-05-2017, 08:29 AM
If anybody is looking at train tickets and need a cheaper option:

Chiltern
London Marylebone - Birmingham Moor Street
Advance return £11

CrossCountry
Birmingham New Street - Manchester Piccadilly
Off peak return £37.10

Total: £47.10

Example journey
Marylebone 09:40 - 11:27 Moor Street
Walk to New Street
New Street 11:57 - 13:29 Piccadilly

Piccadilly 19:07 - 20:31 New Street
Walk to Moor Street
Moor Street 21:18 - 23:42 Marylebone

For the return there is a Virgin at 21:30 from New Street that gets in to Euston 20 minutes earlier to London than Chiltern for an extra £2.50.

Keith Powell
09-05-2017, 09:20 AM
According to Man u ticket office our allocation was 3,290 if we had taken the full allocation he reckons we took around 2,500.

dareusj
09-05-2017, 10:11 AM

Chiltern
Advance return £11

CrossCountry
Off peak return £37.10

Example journey
Walk to New Street

Walk to Moor Street

For the return there is a Virgin at 21:30 from New Street that gets in to Euston 20 minutes earlier to London than Chiltern for an extra £2.50.
The journey via Birmingham is what me and my brother have booked. Splitting the ticket for the Birmingham to Manchester leg at Stafford (staying on same train as it stops there) saves an extra £7. Means more dosh for a couple more beers before the game :)

mether
09-05-2017, 10:35 AM

Chiltern
Advance return £11

CrossCountry
Off peak return £37.10

Example journey
Walk to New Street

Walk to Moor Street

Could easy make the 18.07 from Piccadilly arriving new street 19.34 , then get the 20.10 to Euston Arriving 21.48 . Still a few options out there including via Warrington. I've gone for the flight home now.

milky87
09-05-2017, 11:10 AM
The 2 together railcard is a good option (if 2 of you travel on a regular basis). Only cost a score and you get 1/3 off all fares (including advanced)

EddieEdwards
09-05-2017, 12:18 PM
According to Man u ticket office our allocation was 3,290 if we had taken the full allocation he reckons we took around 2,500.Thanks for checking this and posting the info.

So, Man Utd away on the last day of the season, a match that could decide whether we stay in the Premier League, and we requested a reduced allocation. Which sold out at ST holder phase and didn't even go to members, let alone guests. Appalling and disgusting decision by the club that confirms even more clearly than previous similar decisions how much the support of the travelling fans is valued.

meee
09-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Thanks for checking this and posting the info.

So, Man Utd away on the last day of the season, a match that could decide whether we stay in the Premier League, and we requested a reduced allocation. Which sold out at ST holder phase and didn't even go to members, let alone guests. Appalling and disgusting decision by the club that confirms even more clearly than previous similar decisions how much the support of the travelling fans is valued.

Yeah if this information is correct it's outrageous.

Mad Raschic Ken
09-05-2017, 12:38 PM

No surprise. Palace have taken a 'small club mentality' approach to away ticket allocations for ages now. Never mind the millions of pounds coming into the club every year, they're scared stiff of being stung for a few grand for unsold tickets.

SHIPEAGLE
09-05-2017, 12:44 PM
At the time the Club had to confirm what allocation they wanted it was very possible that we would already have been safe and it would have been a nothing game with possible low support interest.
However, having said that I always believe that supporters do like attending last games of the season and perhaps the Club should have taken the gamble on this one bearing in mind that it is the last game.

ebyeeckeagle
09-05-2017, 12:50 PM

x100

mether
09-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Who at the club makes the final decision on how many tickets we take?

New LP
09-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Typical of the way the club is run, this was always possibly going to be a massive game. But they wouldn't want to risk losing a few grand would they? Pathetic, particularly given that the tickets they took sold out in a few days.

I guess it means they have to give less people loyalty points though, so they'll be happy.

pgw152
09-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Who at the club makes the final decision on how many tickets we take?
Tony Pulis

New LP
09-05-2017, 03:55 PM
At the time the Club had to confirm what allocation they wanted it was very possible that we would already have been safe and it would have been a nothing game with possible low support interest.
However, having said that I always believe that supporters do like attending last games of the season and perhaps the Club should have taken the gamble on this one bearing in mind that it is the last game.

It's Man Utd away on the last day of the season. There was always going to be a fair bit of interest. If the allocation hadn't sold out then it was only ever going to be by a small margin if at all. At a time when other clubs are paying for coach travel and tickets for their fans it sums up the way our club is run that they have made this decision.
And this is the kind of thing that has happened for a long time. Off the top of my head;

Changing loyalty points to food and drink and merchandise purchases as well as for away travel.

Deciding to cut the points to 20 for Liverpool and Man Utd away, both long distance trips. Then this season cutting all points to 20, even for the 1000 or so who went up to Manchester last Saturday for a 12.30am kick off

Selling cup final tickets to anyone who bought a new season ticket before the final. Who cares if you are giving touts a match ticket and also a season ticket for Selhurst in the bargain?

Charging high prices for cup games like Bolton this season. When other clubs charge less and get the fans and kids in. And of course you get 20 points for that, just like the bloke who spent his Sunday travelling to Anfield.

I get that the club is a business. But it's also part of the local community and has been happy to bang that drum when it suits it. Do decisions like this which effectively shaft the most loyal fans for an insignificantly small financial benefit make sense?, We are talking about a football club that earnt about £100 million last year.

The sad thing is that if we do go down suddenly they'll need the loyal fans again.

cpfc4evandeva
09-05-2017, 04:05 PM
It's not even surprising any more. It is further proof though that we are turning into a a fairly generic Premier League football club.

jmemour
09-05-2017, 04:07 PM
It's Man Utd away on the last day of the season. There was always going to be a fair bit of interest. If the allocation hadn't sold out then it was only ever going to be by a small margin if at all. At a time when other clubs are paying for coach travel and tickets for their fans it sums up the way our club is run that they have made this decision.
And this is the kind of thing that has happened for a long time. Off the top of my head;

Changing loyalty points to food and drink and merchandise purchases as well as for away travel.

Deciding to cut the points to 20 for Liverpool and Man Utd away, both long distance trips. Then this season cutting all points to 20, even for the 1000 or so who went up to Manchester last Saturday for a 12.30am kick off

Selling cup final tickets to anyone who bought a new season ticket before the final. Who cares if you are giving touts a match ticket and also a season ticket for Selhurst in the bargain?

Charging high prices for cup games like Bolton this season. When other clubs charge less and get the fans and kids in. And of course you get 20 points for that, just like the bloke who spent his Sunday travelling to Anfield.

I get that the club is a business. But it's also part of the local community and has been happy to bang that drum when it suits it. Do decisions like this which effectively shaft the most loyal fans for an insignificantly small financial benefit make sense?, We are talking about a football club that earnt about £100 million last year.

The sad thing is that if we do go down suddenly they'll need the loyal fans again.

You make some good points. One thing though, my Man City tickets have been adjusted to 40 points now.

New LP
09-05-2017, 04:26 PM
You make some good points. One thing though, my Man City tickets have been adjusted to 40 points now.

Ah, then scrub that one off. I better check mine.

TheMexicanHorse
09-05-2017, 04:28 PM
According to Man u ticket office our allocation was 3,290 if we had taken the full allocation he reckons we took around 2,500.

So a difference of 790 tickets. Presume the club took the lower allocation in order not to pay the difference . £790 x £30 = £23,700.
Or in other terms, about half what Jordan Mutch or Bako Sako earns in a week...

RobertCPFC
09-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Ah, then scrub that one off. I better check mine.

They changed mine as well. It's the least the club could do after all the trouble we all went to getting there for a lunchtime kick off to see such a poor performance.

wrightchipvcfc
09-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Taking the extra 800 tickets would prob be around 25 000 pound if they didn't sell any of them splash in the ocean reAly compared to the wages each week to mandana sako fryers mutch appiha remy who reAly have not contributed much this season.

ADH
09-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Taking the extra 800 tickets would prob be around 25 000 pound if they didn't sell any of them splash in the ocean reAly compared to the wages each week to mandana sako fryers mutch appiha remy who reAly have not contributed much this season.

This! Especially when I then see that the swansea players have got 60k together to cover the cost of tickets for the 3000 fans going to sunderland. At the most crucial time they are all pulling together.

Yet here at palace we've had to endure months of rubbish at home early in the season and then had a quite pitifully performance at city. All while the club couldnt possibly risk losing a few pounds to take a full allocation. Domt like the way this club is going...

mether
09-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Last game of season v moan u was always going to sell out, even with taking the full allocation.

TheMexicanHorse
09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
This! Especially when I then see that the swansea players have got 60k together to cover the cost of tickets for the 3000 fans going to sunderland. At the most crucial time they are all pulling together.

Yet here at palace we've had to endure months of rubbish at home early in the season and then had a quite pitifully performance at city. All while the club couldnt possibly risk losing a few pounds to take a full allocation. Domt like the way this club is going...

Going?
It's been this way circa two seasons...the introduction of parish points should have been the biggest indication of where the club was going...

Johnnieboy
09-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Right at the start of the season, this could easily have been a game with nothing riding on it for either team.

Nevertheless, it is the last game of the season. And more importantly, it is the very same date as last year's cup final. It could easily have been uniquely promoted as the chance to take revenge, the rematch, the stars aligning for a glorious palace turning of the tables.

Make it an event. Throw refunds or free travel or vouchers or merchandise at the travelling fans. Give something back to the supporters and hype it up for the players and the media and the TV audience. Make it a real occasion.

As it is, we may need to win to stay up. Which makes it even more of an event, at the end of an exhausting season for everyone.

It's an opportunity missed. Which for a marketing man fan chairman is a little surprising.

I'll be there though, and I've bought my own balloons!

Oli28
09-05-2017, 05:33 PM
They took the small allocation for our last away at Anfield the other year and it sold out very quickly despite being more expensive and a televised 5 30 kick off with nothing riding on it. I can't believe they'd make the same mistake when this match could be so important.

Keith Powell
09-05-2017, 05:39 PM
A meeting between the supporters trust and the club today confirmed what I had earlier posted that the club did not take the full allocation,they thought what they had taken was enough tickets for all how wrong they were again

Nelson Muntz
09-05-2017, 05:42 PM
A meeting between the supporters trust and the club today confirmed what I had earlier posted that the club did not take the full allocation,they thought what they had taken was enough tickets for all how wrong they were again

Who makes the decision Keith?

elgin eagle
09-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Will have been to all 4 of these since promotion. Aside from last season's when everyone was skint due to the cup run, we have always sold it out quickly every time.

Oli28
09-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Brilliant

pgw152
09-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Poor decision if not only for the fact (repeating myself here) that quite a few fans would have seen this as a good season to go Man U paying £30 per adult rather than the 3 previous seasons at £50-55

Besides any we don't sell are often sold to tourists on the day, definitely in 13/14 in any case...saw it happening

Dorking .Eagle
09-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Will have been to all 4 of these since promotion. Aside from last season's when everyone was skint due to the cup run, we have always sold it out quickly every time.

Sadly not true, season 13/14 (first season up) there were a couple of hundred seats left on the far edge of our allocation (East Stand). Many of these were snapped up by fans of a far Eastern origin armed with selfie sticks.

Not defending taking a smaller allocation for this one, where tickets are 30 quid though. Was always my suspicion when the first ones allocated were not in the block in the South Stand

pgw152
09-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Sadly not true, season 13/14 (first season up) there were a couple of hundred seats left on the far edge of our allocation (East Stand). Many of these were snapped up by fans of a far Eastern origin armed with selfie sticks.
Confirmed as per my post above, and no probs with that as long as Man U didn't double charge (us and the tourists)

Keith Powell
09-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Who makes the decision Keith?

Not sure who made the final decision I would think it was from the box office manager upwards.No longer on the trust board so wasn't at the meeting,have been told notes from the meeting will be put on the trust website.

Dorking .Eagle
09-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Not sure who made the final decision I would think it was from the box office manager upwards.No longer on the trust board so wasn't at the meeting,have been told notes from the meeting will be put on the trust website.

Cheers Keith. Just had a look at the Trust website, as haven't looked at it in years, to see they had a meeting with the club as recently as March too. Unfortunately none of the links take you to the article to read what was said, you just go round in circles!!!:D

EddieEdwards
09-05-2017, 06:30 PM
the club did not take the full allocation,they thought what they had taken was enough tickets for allI think this can be translated as... The risk in taking the full allocation for this match was close to zero, but the club do not make any extra money by selling more away tickets, and in fact it costs us a few extra quid in postage and admin to sell a bigger allocation, so we stuck to our policy and requested a reduced allocation. It means 800 Palace fans will miss out and we'll have fewer fans there supporting the team when we might need to get a result to stay in the Premier League, but frankly we don't give a toss.

Thanks again for posting the info.

Nth Kent Eagle
09-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Another bananas decision by the administrators at the club. The board needs to sort this stuff out because it is damaging the relationship between the club and the fans. This result could well matter now.

newish eagle
09-05-2017, 06:42 PM
I think this can be translated as... The risk in taking the full allocation for this match was close to zero, but the club do not make any extra money by selling more away tickets, and in fact it costs us a few extra quid in postage and admin to sell a bigger allocation, so we stuck to our policy and requested a reduced allocation. It means 800 Palace fans will miss out and we'll have fewer fans there supporting the team when we might need to get a result to stay in the Premier League, but frankly we don't give a toss.

Christ! We are a long way short of the Swansea strategy of paying for fans tickets to ensure a large supportive turnout for a key game. We don't even take all available tickets when the fans are shelling out! South London and Proud etc etc.

newish eagle
09-05-2017, 06:50 PM
They changed mine as well. It's the least the club could do after all the trouble we all went to getting there for a lunchtime kick off to see such a poor performance.
I'll check mine as well then. But agreed mate, the least they could do following that.

Nelson Muntz
09-05-2017, 06:51 PM

It must be made by somebody with no understanding of the Palace support.
The club need to address this.

Robson
09-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Who are the ******* thickos now running the club?

Away ticket prices have been capped this season at £30, increasing demand for away tickets. Why the **** would they think demand wouldn't be there for this?

Could be an absolutely monumental game.

Chobham Eagle
09-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Has anyone actually said on here or elsewhere that they wanted to go to the game but couldn't because it's sold out?

New LP
09-05-2017, 07:03 PM
It must be made by somebody with no understanding of the Palace support.

The club need to address this.

All these decisions must be made at a senior level. Let's not pretend it's some middle manager chap in the box office.

EddieEdwards
09-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Has anyone actually said on here or elsewhere that they wanted to go to the game but couldn't because it's sold out?I have friends who are members who would have gone if they could have got tickets. But regardless of that, the last few tickets sold out soon after phase 3 (ST holders) opened. It got nowhere near the members phase, let alone guests. Do you doubt that we would have been able to sell another 790 tickets?

dav434
09-05-2017, 07:29 PM

It did go to members, those members like me with 1000+ points

meee
09-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Has anyone actually said on here or elsewhere that they wanted to go to the game but couldn't because it's sold out?

:hi:

I wasn't expecting it to make members with less than 1000 points(I have about 640)but to find out it didn't because of a reduced allocation is incredibly frustrating.We'd have sold this out twice.

New LP
09-05-2017, 07:40 PM
There's also at least about a week of potential sales left as well.

meee
09-05-2017, 07:46 PM
There's also at least about a week of potential sales left as well.

A week of potential sales,a first trip in at least 2 years to Old Trafford for many,£30 tickets for the first time there,last day of the season and potentially an enormous game with the possibility we may need to win to stay up.We'd have easily sold 6,000.This decision is bonkers on every level.

oddrod
09-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Last games in previous years with something on it, Stockport 5000 Palace, Sheff Weds 6000, Charlton 3200. Madness not to take full allocation here

Chobham Eagle
09-05-2017, 07:53 PM
I have friends who are members who would have gone if they could have got tickets. But regardless of that, the last few tickets sold out soon after phase 3 (ST holders) opened. It got nowhere near the members phase, let alone guests. Do you doubt that we would have been able to sell another 790 tickets?

No I was just wondering as no-one had mentioned anyone who wanted a ticket but couldn't get one. Thanks for the update.

Dorking .Eagle
09-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Any Palace fan desperate to get in would have no problem getting tickets in the home end, its a touts paradise there. You can even buy ticket and hotel packages through Thomas Cook

mether
09-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Any Palace fan desperate to get in would have no problem getting tickets in the home end, its a touts paradise there. You can even buy ticket and hotel packages through Thomas Cook

Yes so true, probably one sent back by our club. Well done palace.

New LP
09-05-2017, 08:17 PM
No I was just wondering as no-one had mentioned anyone who wanted a ticket but couldn't get one. Thanks for the update.

It's fairly obvious that significantly more demand is there as the allocation they took sold out in a few days with 2 weeks to go until the match.

andyocpfc
09-05-2017, 08:21 PM
If the club didn't think it would sell out, why make the buying ticket 1st phase so high at 3500 points?

Nth Kent Eagle
09-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Who on earth approved this stupid decision?

bradpitt
09-05-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm lost for words that the club didn't take the full allocation, even if there were a few hundred left unsold (which there wouldn't be) in the scheme of the money flying around its peanuts, another barmy decision.

New LP
09-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Why is anyone surprised, this is the way Palace treats its fans and the level of importance wth which it regards them.

greybot
09-05-2017, 08:47 PM
The 'loyalty points' system is a complete joke. Loads of tiers and breakdown for some games and this one just dropped to 1000 points from 3500 points. If ever there was a game that needed stages and a full allocation , it's this one.

cpfc4evandeva
09-05-2017, 08:48 PM
I think this can be translated as... The risk in taking the full allocation for this match was close to zero, but the club do not make any extra money by selling more away tickets, and in fact it costs us a few extra quid in postage and admin to sell a bigger allocation, so we stuck to our policy and requested a reduced allocation. It means 800 Palace fans will miss out and we'll have fewer fans there supporting the team when we might need to get a result to stay in the Premier League, but frankly we don't give a toss.

Yep. Sad stuff but it's the way the club has been for a while now.

elgin eagle
09-05-2017, 09:01 PM

Not defending taking a smaller allocation for this one, where tickets are 30 quid though. Was always my suspicion when the first ones allocated were not in the block in the South Stand

Hmm, looked pretty full to me that day. Unlike last season, where a steward told me we had 450 there. I actually thought it looked less than that.

New LP

Why would anyone want to sit with Man Utd fans?

Sounds like a living hell.

old git
For what Campbell earns in a year we could give 3000 away tickets to every match at no cost.

racehorse-80s
09-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Given the potential importance of this match , I.E £130 million per season at stake and the obvious draw for loyal Palace fans if the results are negative for Palace on Saturday , You would have thought the club might have taken the rather small financial risk the allocation wouldn't sell out and paid the cost if it didn't , Which in the grand scheme of things would not have amounted to a hill of beans to a Premiership club , Probably 3 days pay for Beneteke at worse .

andyocpfc
09-05-2017, 09:09 PM

I sat with the Brighton fans for the infamous 3-1 win at their place. It was the only way I could get a ticket through a mate that's a Tesco bag wearer. Needless to say I sat on my hands but was delightful seeing our fans celebrate and their fans swear and curse on my way out the ground. Sadly I was also in their end for the 3-0 loss a year later though and that was painful.

Dorking .Eagle
09-05-2017, 09:11 PM

In my experience, the majority watch in silence. Last season aside from the 2 goals the only noise was for the substitutions.

elgin eagle
09-05-2017, 09:13 PM
In my experience, the majority watch in silence. Last season aside from the 2 goals the only noise was for the substitutions.

True. We probably made more (drunken) noise.

New LP
09-05-2017, 09:20 PM
I sat with the Brighton fans for the infamous 3-1 win at their place. It was the only way I could get a ticket through a mate that's a Tesco bag wearer. Needless to say I sat on my hands but was delightful seeing our fans celebrate and their fans swear and curse on my way out the ground. Sadly I was also in their end for the 3-0 loss a year later though and that was painful.

You do it if you have to.

There should be no need on this occasion.

Dorking .Eagle
09-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Hmm, looked pretty full to me that day. Unlike last season, where a steward told me we had 450 there. I actually thought it looked less than that.

Last season was very sparse in the Palace bit. Was a very expensive time though, the Wembley tickets weren't cheap, , Southampton on the last day which didn't sell out (not suprising at £45 for a dead rubber), some did the steam train too, and a hastily rearranged trip midweek to Old Trafford was sacrificed by most.

Re the 13/14 trip to Old Trafford, that was in the days when Steve Browett used to post regularly on here, and in the run up he asked

So, what do people think?

Bear in mind it is :-

£45 per ticket
Up North
Live on tv
Early kick-off
3000 tickets

Shall we just release tickets to season ticket holders and then members or shall we operate the loyalty scheme?

We can do it but no point if supply and demand are about equal.

Most people said take the full allocation, as we were new to the Division and people thought it would be popular.

Ended up with

We still have 30 of the £55 ones and about 300 of the £45 ones.

We'll send them back but it's not clear if they will really make us pay for them or if they will sell them on the day.

a Palace fan in the away end then posted after the game..

I felt pretty disappointed at being sat near circa. 20 Man Utd fans in an 'away' end. And if Man Utd were selling these on the day, they should take some responsibility. What do you reckon?

My match day experience was spoilt by an Asian tourist standing next to me, showing so much excitement at the penalty decision and then subsequently trying to film it on his camera....

My seats real seats had been sat in by 5 non-English speaking people all carrying Venezuelan flags....

the response was

If we dont sell out to Palace fans we cant really complain about them selling the empty seats to tourists.

and for the away game at Chelsea soon after, with a few people talking of boycotting due to the high price of tickets they sold at 2 each so as not to get left over with any £55 tickets. Which went well :D

It's never a precise science it would seem :frown:

glaziers fan
09-05-2017, 09:39 PM
What gets me is the zero accountability. This wouldn't have happened if CPFC2010 were still posting regularly on here. I don't think it was malicious; it was just an oversight, a thoughtless cock-up. Feel for any who tried to get a ticket and couldn't. To soften the blow, I will try to provide regular updates from the theatre of nightmares.

Will Steve Browett return to the BBS when we are in the Championship?

palacemetros
09-05-2017, 09:43 PM
It really reflects the sad state of affairs that modern football is. An absolute shed-load of money in the game compared to 30+ years ago and yet back then we had subsidised travel. Nowadays they won't even risk a penny on taking a full allocation for the last game of the season. Pathetic! We might as well be Br*ghton!

orp pisshead1
09-05-2017, 09:43 PM

Exactly! League 1 off pitch!

Dorking .Eagle
09-05-2017, 09:45 PM
I don't think it was malicious; it was just an oversight, a thoughtless cock-up.

Agree.

Feel for any who tried to get a ticket and couldn't. To soften the blow, I will try to provide regular updates from the theatre of nightmares.

:D

Will Steve Browett return to the BBS when we are in the Championship?

I wouldn't have thought so. He finds it waaaaaay too negative on here, and doesn't need the hassle, and to be honest I don't blame him. Really think there is a good argument for a Palace PR person to be on here regularly though, it is good PR on the clubs part to be able to understand various decisions taken from the club's side, and they could be selective over what the do and don't answer, not getting drawn into comment or argument. Someone like Terry Byfield, Joanne Budd or Sharon Lacey should do this as part of their job (IMO).

Keep an eye out for a rare post by Wandsworth Eagle though, it's not always Ben Browett posting ;)

And lets hope it is some time before we are back in the Championship. Believe.:afro: