PDA

View Full Version : season ticket changing seat

jonn63
24-03-2017, 10:19 AM
I am a season ticket holder in lower holmsdale I want to change seats they told me at box office I cant do this yet and have to send an email to box office.I want to sit in block C adjacent to block B anyone no what the actual seat numbers are .thanks

Big Al
24-03-2017, 12:16 PM
I am a season ticket holder in lower holmsdale I want to change seats they told me at box office I cant do this yet and have to send an email to box office.I want to sit in block C adjacent to block B anyone no what the actual seat numbers are .thanks

Wibble

Snikt5
24-03-2017, 12:38 PM
On a related note. I am a season ticket holder and so is my 8 year old. We have decent seats in the Arthur Waite. I put another of my sons (aged 5) on the waiting list and just got confirmation that they are next in line and can buy one.

I very much doubt I will get 4 seats in a row (also go with my brother-in-law) so does anyone know if would they sell me an under 10 season ticket if it was seated by itself in the Arthur Waite (he can sit on my lap all game as he does when he comes to the odd individual matches). Or am I best not mentioning this cunning plan?

T.C.
24-03-2017, 01:01 PM
On a related note. I am a season ticket holder and so is my 8 year old. We have decent seats in the Arthur Waite. I put another of my sons (aged 5) on the waiting list and just got confirmation that they are next in line and can buy one.

I very much doubt I will get 4 seats in a row (also go with my brother-in-law) so does anyone know if would they sell me an under 10 season ticket if it was seated by itself in the Arthur Waite (he can sit on my lap all game as he does when he comes to the odd individual matches). Or am I best not mentioning this cunning plan?

Why not move your brother in law

mether
24-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Would not even buy him a season ticket. Be able to squeeze him in with one of you in turnstiles, then sit him between you. And no don't tell the money pinching club we have turned into.

Wolfnipplechips
24-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Would not even buy him a season ticket. Be able to squeeze him in with one of you in turnstiles, then sit him between you. And no don't tell the money pinching club we have turned into.

Blimey, you'd have a job squeezing a sandwich in through the Whitehorse turnstiles.

jonn63
24-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Wibble

Thanks funny man

Big Al
24-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Thanks funny man

You're welcome.

Your post made no sense at all.

Scrumpy
24-03-2017, 06:27 PM

The last seat in the row (closest to D) is 54. I think the first is something like 35.

Palace121
04-04-2017, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping to move seats next season too. I'm fed up of the pisshead who sits a couple of rows behind me, who I could swear only goes to games to shout obscenities to the referee at the top of his voice.

Now that the deadline for reserving next seasons seats are up, I phoned the box office this morning and have now emailed them but I'm not overly confident as they are having to move all the people that are going to be in the newly formed disabled section, plus there's about 100 people ahead of me in the queue apparently. :hmph:

Scrumpy
04-04-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm hoping to move seats next season too. I'm fed up of the pisshead who sits a couple of rows behind me, who I could swear only goes to games to shout obscenities to the referee at the top of his voice.

Now that the deadline for reserving next seasons seats are up, I phoned the box office this morning and have now emailed them but I'm not overly confident as they are having to move all the people that are going to be in the newly formed disabled section, plus there's about 100 people ahead of me in the queue apparently. :hmph:

I was told that the priority was to deal with the new ST holders on the waiting list before delaing with "move" requests from current ST holders, but I don't know how true that is.

palacea
04-04-2017, 11:28 AM

Sorry about that.

Yoda
04-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I was told that the priority was to deal with the new ST holders on the waiting list before delaing with "move" requests from current ST holders, but I don't know how true that is.

That's a bit weird...I'd prioritise existing ST holders first.

Otherwise you'll have people who ask every year to move, but they'll never get what they what they want if every summer new people grab the vacated seats.

We sit with a group of friends...it started with us two, then others moved across whenever we heard about a space near us and then they requested a switch as their long term ST deals in the Holmesdale expired.

Took several years to get us together, which is partly why I get annoyed when a few newbies on the BBS moan when they can't get prime seats.

SeanPalace84
04-04-2017, 12:01 PM
I wanted to change seat but they have no idea if it's going to be possible yet. They've moved the deadline for renewing seats back to end of play today if you call the box office.

Palace121
04-04-2017, 01:48 PM

That can't be right. Surely you deal with loyal customers first?

The people that are on a waiting list should just be happy to get a seat.

Nostrils
04-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Just about to renew, but further down from where I hoped. There's a couple in P block available which are tempting because of the view. What's it like up there now in regards noise/atmosphere?

Palace121
04-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Just about to renew, but further down from where I hoped. There's a couple in P block available which are tempting because of the view. What's it like up there now in regards noise/atmosphere?

How are you getting to choose??

Nostrils
04-04-2017, 04:45 PM
How are you getting to choose??

Good looks and charm.

Shipsisourking
04-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I emailed the club a few weeks back and asked them about moving, they said to call this morning, so I did just that, I wasn't shocked to be told that I should email my request over.

I doubt I'll get where I want, so does anyone have 3 seats in the holmesdale (upper tier preferred) they'd like to swap with me. Im sure someone's gonna snap my arm off as my seats are in the whitehorse :)

Nostrils
04-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Actually, I'm ugly and awkward. Being moved due to disabled seating is the only reason. Staying in the Arthur now.

Neil 154
04-04-2017, 05:02 PM
I had an email from the box office saying they will be in touch early May if any seats are made available.

Shipsisourking
04-04-2017, 06:03 PM
I had an email from the box office saying they will be in touch early May if any seats are made available.

At least they are being consistent with the responses :supergrin:

SeanPalace84
04-04-2017, 06:19 PM
So frustrating!

Palace121
04-04-2017, 06:22 PM

That makes absolutely no sense. What's the point in the deadline to reserve your seats? They must already know who hasn't and I would imagine a fair few haven't.

Dorking .Eagle
04-04-2017, 06:28 PM

I do hope this is not the case, or there could be a random stranger in the middle of our group, and it'll just need sorting out once the season has started to save the faff of swapping and shuffling seats around every week.

newish eagle
05-04-2017, 07:11 AM
My letter to remind me of the save my seat deadline arrived yesterday:)

Shipsisourking
07-04-2017, 08:02 AM
So I've still not got an email reply back from Palace, despite sending it on the 4th. Do they employ anyone to reply anymore or is this part of the new exciting Palace experience?

Forever Stripes
07-04-2017, 12:59 PM
So I've still not got an email reply back from Palace, despite sending it on the 4th. Do they employ anyone to reply anymore or is this part of the new exciting Palace experience?

I emailed on the 3rd April, not even an acknowledgement. So they are favouring new 'customers' over long established ones. Unfortunately this seems normal business practice.

Palace121
07-04-2017, 02:31 PM
I phoned up earlier and was told that they have had hundreds of enquiries and are currently working through them and will respond soon.

Sam Spade
07-04-2017, 04:39 PM

I'm in P near the back, more or less behind the goal.Great view, not much atmosphere.

Palace121
07-04-2017, 05:06 PM
The box office called me at 5 but I missed the call. Annoyingly, they didn't leave a message. Anyone else get a call?

CarlosTheFinger
07-04-2017, 08:32 PM
I got the call this morning too. Decided it was worth stepping out of work lest I miss out on a good seat. I renewed back in February and put my transfer request in then, so presumably they were doing it order. Fair play to the box office. I didn't have to chase them up or anything and I got pretty much the seat I was after.

Back in the Upper Holmesdale for the first time in over a decade. I won't miss my current seat in the AW. There's an annoying kid next to me who won't stop shouting at our players and a nipper behind me who clearly doesn't want to be there. He keeps kicking the seats in front of him (i.e. mine and the one next to me) and asking his dad if he'll take him home. Can't blame with this season's home form, I suppose.

I'm very much looking forward to being annoyed by fresh new people next season, albeit with much better view.

Cheers Seatyboys,

Carlos

Shipsisourking
08-04-2017, 06:15 AM
I emailed on the 3rd April, not even an acknowledgement. So they are favouring new 'customers' over long established ones. Unfortunately this seems normal business practice.

Sad isn't it?
I'm more angry that I've been given different information about changing seats and now it appears that there is a list of people wanting to swap. Oh and still no reply. :wallbash:

Penstone Eagle
08-04-2017, 08:05 AM
I got the call this morning too. Decided it was worth stepping out of work lest I miss out on a good seat. I renewed back in February and put my transfer request in then, so presumably they were doing it order. Fair play to the box office. I didn't have to chase them up or anything and I got pretty much the seat I was after.

Back in the Upper Holmesdale for the first time in over a decade. I won't miss my current seat in the AW. There's an annoying kid next to me who won't stop shouting at our players and a nipper behind me who clearly doesn't want to be there. He keeps kicking the seats in front of him (i.e. mine and the one next to me) and asking his dad if he'll take him home. Can't blame with this season's home form, I suppose.

I'm very much looking forward to being annoyed by fresh new people next season, albeit with much better view.

Cheers Seatyboys,

Carlos

I can oblige :D

Palace121
11-04-2017, 12:11 PM
I got a call from the box office earlier and have been moved for next season as requested, so I'm happy with that.

Good thing I asked as apparently my season ticket renewal hadn't even been processed despite me getting a Direct Debit confirmation.

Shipsisourking
11-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Blimey, the feel good factor continues today. Just had a phone call and been able to swap seats to the exact spot we wanted as well. It appears that a whinge does work sometimes.

Yoda
11-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Blimey, the feel good factor continues today. Just had a phone call and been able to swap seats to the exact spot we wanted as well. It appears that a whinge does work sometimes.

I hope they haven't employed a United Airlines bouncer to drag the current ST holders down the aisle for you!

Shipsisourking
11-04-2017, 03:12 PM
I hope they haven't employed a United Airlines bouncer to drag the current ST holders down the aisle for you!

No, they've just been randomly selected to move :supergrin:

New LP
14-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Sad isn't it?

I'm more angry that I've been given different information about changing seats and now it appears that there is a list of people wanting to swap. Oh and still no reply. :wallbash:

Just call them, they were very helpful in moving my seat and offered me lots of different seats to choose from.

SeanPalace84
15-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Went in to the box office today and I changed my seats in about a minute. Quite a lot of choice.