PDA

View Full Version : Kingstonian itracking Palace.

cranesparkeagle
17-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Both clubs were in administration together and not for the first time they have both been in a dogfight together this season. Today I watched them beat Merstham 1-nil away converting a penalty and then missing a stack of chances. In the end though Rob Tolfrey saved a penalty for them late on preserving the lead and seeing them to safety (may be the biggest save of his life) and I happened to be chatting to his Mum at the time!
Not that I hope Hennessy has to save a penalty to keep us up but I hope this is a good omen for us

maestro
17-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Its really tight at the bottom end of the table

anyone of 6 teams could fall into the last relegation spot.

palacelad197o
17-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Its tight down there anyone could go

https://s9.postimg.org/dnbhenfv3/First_Team_-_Kingstonian_FC_-_2017-04-17_20.37.3.jpg

RobertCPFC
17-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Is it three or four that go down?

I did notice that Canvey Island dropped quite a few places after losing today. There are some close relegation battles in non league this year but that has to be the closest. I know it not been a great time for Kingstonian because of the ground issues and I did hear they are moving somewhere else next season.

Timbo
17-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Its really tight at the bottom end of the table

anyone of 6 teams could fall into the last relegation spot.

.....and that's excluding Kingstonian and Leatherhead who can both, technically, still be relegated I think.

My pick for third bottom is Met Police but the last place is anybody's guess

cranesparkeagle
17-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Its tight down there anyone could go

https://s9.postimg.org/dnbhenfv3/First_Team_-_Kingstonian_FC_-_2017-04-17_20.37.3.jpg

Ks safe on goal difference. We both have that in our favour

RobertCPFC
17-04-2017, 07:46 PM
.....and that's excluding Kingstonian and Leatherhead who can both, technically, still be relegated I think.

If only Leatherhead hand't played an illegible player in December they would be alright now and have an easier final day. Instead with a freak set of result could go down.

Timbo
17-04-2017, 07:47 PM

I did notice that Canvey Island dropped quite a few places after losing today. There are some close relegation battles in non league this year but that has to be the closest. I know it not been a great time for Kingstonian because of the ground issues and I did hear they are moving somewhere else next season.

Four go down

Kingstonian sharing at Fetcham Grove Leatherhead next season

RobertCPFC
17-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Four go down

Kingstonian sharing at Fetcham Grove Leatherhead next season

I thought it was four but I do find does get rather confusing down there.

I hope Kingstonian can get permanent home sorted in the near future.

Timbo
17-04-2017, 07:49 PM
If only Leatherhead hand't played an illegible player in December they would be alright now and have an easier final day. Instead with a freak set of result could go down.

I think their goal difference is too positive for them to go down. Amazing upturn in form since Bullard changed tactics about 10 games ago

Timbo
17-04-2017, 07:51 PM
I thought it was four but I do find does get rather confusing down there.

I hope Kingstonian can get permanent home sorted in the near future.

The options seem to get smaller year by year

cranesparkeagle
17-04-2017, 07:51 PM

They will share with Leatherhead from next year and hoping for a new home in Chessington

RobertCPFC
17-04-2017, 07:52 PM
I think their goal difference is too positive for them to go down. Amazing upturn in form since Bullard changed tactics about 10 games ago

They should be fine but you never know.

I did like that on Saturday after beating Billericay (who I dislike) they recreated the the team talk that Billericay's owner/ manager did before the Isthmian League Cup final last Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/Jordmac11/status/853310680635777025

Timbo
17-04-2017, 07:54 PM
They will share with Leatherhead from next year and hoping for a new home in Chessington

Whoa! Chalky Lane? That could work, especially with Epsom Athletic dropping out of the CCL

Timbo
17-04-2017, 07:57 PM
They should be fine but you never know.

I did like that on Saturday after beating Billericay (who I dislike) they recreated the the team talk that Billericay's owner/ manager did before the Isthmian League Cup final last Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/Jordmac11/status/853310680635777025

:D

A very satisfying result for grass roots football

maestro
17-04-2017, 08:54 PM

You could be right, the other sides have better games

Canvey at home to 2nd bottom Sudbury , must fancy them to win that

Burgess hill at home to my side Merstham, Merstham are a funny side, they can beat anyone and lose to anyone, had a good season Merstham, Fa cup 1st round and in the Surrey cup final again, still think burgess hill should win that

Folkestone away at bottom Grays, they should win that

Hendon at home to staines

Met away at 2nd place bognor

Swoonara
17-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Sorry wrong thread!

cranesparkeagle
17-04-2017, 09:16 PM
think it might have been over for Ks had they not won. Havant and Waterloo in the last game

Jammy
17-04-2017, 09:59 PM
I went to the Met Police v Leatherhead game today. The Met were terrible, never really threatened much. Leathered played the last 15/20 with 10 men after the third sub got injured. Was impressed at how Leatherhead tried to get the ball down and play.

Timbo
17-04-2017, 11:01 PM
I went to the Met Police v Leatherhead game today. The Met were terrible, never really threatened much. Leathered played the last 15/20 with 10 men after the third sub got injured. Was impressed at how Leatherhead tried to get the ball down and play.

Met Police seems like an odd club. I think they have played 8 different goalkeepers this season

Jammy
18-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Vast majority of the crowd were Leatherhead fans. I understand that the home fans are outnumbered each game.

Timbo
18-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Vast majority of the crowd were Leatherhead fans. I understand that the home fans are outnumbered each game.

Haha, I guess few people would support a "works" team unless they have family playing. Plus they have quite a lot of competing clubs in the immediate vicinity, including Molesey and Hampton

cranesparkeagle
18-04-2017, 12:07 PM

The Met don't really have the usual local fan base so yes it is a bit strange. They have actually produced some good teams at times

Dave McGregor
18-04-2017, 12:46 PM
As one of Bognor's sponsors I really need Kingstonian to turn up against Havant and either beat them or draw. Then Bognor must beat Met Police to go up as Champions. If not we're in the play offs again.

maestro
18-04-2017, 03:50 PM
The Met don't really have the usual local fan base so yes it is a bit strange. They have actually produced some good teams at times

Anyone know what sort sort of percentage of their team are actually Police? I know they changed the rules a few years ago

Seemed wrong at the time even if it meant they had to drop down the league.

Do they still play at Molesey? huge to be horrible there, buggered my ankle up big time.

The Omen
18-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Whoa! Chalky Lane? That could work, especially with Epsom Athletic dropping out of the CCL

No, unless it has changed, it was the old Chessington Golf Club grounds that was the most likely destination

cranesparkeagle
22-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Well done to Havant. Strange day Ls last game at Kingsmeadow, havant going for promotion, 1200 folk in the ground. Red smoke canister form Ks fansbehind in first half. When result was in from Bognor, Havant fans now behind same goal let of green smoke canister. I guess there may also have been a timer on the fireworks from end with the seating(no fans) thanks AFCW, as those went off at ten to 5 while game was still playing.
To sum up no goals,behind chasing streamers pitch invasion by a few local infants who got past the barrier and were quietly told to get back where they were meant to be, 2 smoke canisters premature pitch invasion by Havant fans when news from Bognor came through and full pitch invasion on final whistle by fans on both sides wanting to hold there own party and premature fireworks. Never mind the football, it was 0-0.

maestro
22-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Harrow borrow drop 4 places into the last relegation spot