PDA

View Full Version : season ticket rules

johnnybacaro
26-04-2017, 09:35 PM
looking for some help/advise. (not sure if this is the right forum for it).

Next year with my next job and the travel required, I will likely need to miss 6-8 matches depending on fixtures schedule.

Does anyone know of any way I can work with the club to donate my seat to a local charity for matches I can't attend? I want to keep my season ticket and don't want my seat empty for multiple games.

Not looking to sell or make any money at all. Does palace have any relations with any local charity where i can donate the seat without risking losing my ticket.

Brumie Allan
27-04-2017, 07:10 AM
I'm sure you could sort this as you could get a paper ticket in advance for the games you can't make and donate it yourself. I can see it getting too time consuming for the club to get involved.

Yoda
27-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Lovely idea, but Brummie Allan is probably right that the club are unlikely to offer such a service.

The club does do things for children, but I presume a single free ticket might not be that useful as a child would need a parent to go with them as well?

If you like the fans you're sitting with, get chatting and see if they might like to have your seat occasionally (e.g. for a relative or friend). Either do it for free, or suggest something like 20 a game and you'll donate that to charity.

palacea
27-04-2017, 08:37 AM
They have a policy you can sell the ticket back to the club for any game you don't wish to attend (of course much reduced price, and comes off your season ticket next year).

ForzaPalace
27-04-2017, 09:17 AM
They have a policy you can sell the ticket back to the club for any game you don't wish to attend (of course much reduced price, and comes off your season ticket next year).

Didn't think they still did that.

disco mixx kidd
27-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Arsenal spurs etc let you use stubhub and sell for 125
Other sites allowed where prices go super high for big matches

palacedaz
27-04-2017, 11:04 AM
We use twickets and only sell face value.

johnnybacaro
27-04-2017, 11:22 AM
thanks everyone. Is there a limit to how many paper tickets you can request? I thought it was only 2 or 3 per season. Otherwise, the club could think i'm a tout.

Brumie Allan
27-04-2017, 01:16 PM
I think you are right about 2 or 3 but if you email the box office and explain the situation I'm sure they will help. If you don't have any joy with them, PM me, I'm sure I can help sort it for you.

RCUK
27-04-2017, 02:02 PM
This is interesting to read as for night games etc my son cant make it and often friends too busy - so i could potentially sell it on Twickets and get some back then?

ChiswickEagle
27-04-2017, 02:07 PM
I have in the past donated my tickets to the Palace Community Charity, Steve Browett confirmed that was ok. They are then handed to volunteers or people within the programme.

Whatever you do, do not donate them to a charity auction as I got vilified on here for that.

Yoda
27-04-2017, 02:08 PM

Only after the match was declared a sell out, and I don't think they still offer this service.

johnnybacaro
27-04-2017, 02:26 PM
I have in the past donated my tickets to the Palace Community Charity, Steve Browett confirmed that was ok. They are then handed to volunteers or people within the programme.

Whatever you do, do not donate them to a charity auction as I got vilified on here for that.

HOw did you do it? did you get paper tickets and just give it to them or did the club get involved someone from the ticket office get involved.

RCUK
27-04-2017, 04:16 PM
The club just posted that they are linked to twickets and you can sell unused season tickets through there!

Pinkie Brown
27-04-2017, 04:22 PM
So I assume you have to ask the box office for an email or paper ticket and then sell that?

le piddler
28-04-2017, 09:35 AM
looking for some help/advise. (not sure if this is the right forum for it).

Next year with my next job and the travel required, I will likely need to miss 6-8 matches depending on fixtures schedule.

Does anyone know of any way I can work with the club to donate my seat to a local charity for matches I can't attend? I want to keep my season ticket and don't want my seat empty for multiple games.

Not looking to sell or make any money at all. Does palace have any relations with any local charity where i can donate the seat without risking losing my ticket.

Do what we do,there is a group of around ten of us who are all st holders.
If. I one can make it for whatever reason,we just offer it around to other friends and charge em a tenner for it,obviously you can charge more up to you,and it is someone you know using it!!
End of the year all monies are going to Gt Ormond St or the Cp Fris disabled kids party,so far we have 270 in the pot for em :p :p

palacea
28-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Only after the match was declared a sell out, and I don't think they still offer this service.

Sorry, didn't know they stopped it for this season. It was still last season.

So I assume you have to ask the box office for an email or paper ticket and then sell that?

Yes they require an email first, then you pick up.

ChiswickEagle
28-04-2017, 11:33 AM
HOw did you do it? did you get paper tickets and just give it to them or did the club get involved someone from the ticket office get involved.

I e-mailed the box office, copying the charity contact, and confirmed which of my seats were available for the game.