PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Lukasz Skorupski

CharlieCPFC
27-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Highly rated Roma keeper on loan at Empoli but he's having a fantastic season. The problem is Roma have just signed a Brazilian keeper Allison for next season which means Skorupski might be available. Hes at a young age for a keeper at only 25 so plenty of room to develop.

I don't expect Sam to read the bbs and actually go "do you know that CharlieCPFC might get us into something here" but more to see if anyone else has seen much of him.

alexcpfc
27-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Good shout. Could be the answer to our goal keeping Issue.

GorBlimey
28-04-2017, 03:15 AM
Good shout. Could be the answer to our goal keeping Issue.

Or not?

It's a bit of a lottery.

Sometimes I think we need to recognise the importance of a goalkeeper and just go out and buy the best International we can afford.

F*ck me, that could even be Joe Hart. :eek:

mroakley9
28-04-2017, 03:33 AM
There are people on here who can't even spell Tomkins, I can only imagine how they'd struggle with this bloke's name. For that reason, I'm out.

Nigelbrag
28-04-2017, 08:08 AM
If we are talking of an upgrade on Hennessey, then we need a keeper proven in the premiership to lessen the risk, and for that reason i would go for a player that will be available if relegated, the excellent Fabianski.

chelmsfordeagle
28-04-2017, 08:17 AM
I've never heard of him.

There are 3 very good GK's that will be available this summer; Hart, Begovic and Pickford. All will probably want a very good chance of being number one which currently rules out Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, Man City and Arsenal. My guess would be that West Brom, Southampton, Stoke and Leicester are all happy with the current best keeper or at least have other priorities. That leaves us competing with 7 other current prem clubs for 3 keepers. Pretty good odds as i think we are more attractive than Bournemouth, Hull, Burnley and Watford. I'd personally like to see us invest heavily in GK and try to get one of these three. Begovic would be my first choice.

Of course De Gea could go to Real Madrid and start a chain reaction that makes all of the above bollocks :-)

RDSdaEAGLE
28-04-2017, 08:17 AM
If we are talking of an upgrade on Hennessey, then we need a keeper proven in the premiership to lessen the risk, and for that reason i would go for a player that will be available if relegated, the excellent Fabianski.

He's as error prone (if not more so) as Hennessey!

DHeagle
28-04-2017, 08:36 AM

"Excellent" is being rather generous.

Maidstoned Eagle
28-04-2017, 08:48 AM
We need the next Nige

Nigelbrag
28-04-2017, 08:54 AM
He's as error prone (if not more so) as Hennessey!

Seriously? he has been outstanding for Swansea and been their saviour for for years, and prior to that was very good for Arsenal when called on.
As for making the odd error, show me any keeper that has not done so occasionally, look no further than Joe Hart for a keeper who is error prone, and he is England's No.1.

Nigelbrag
28-04-2017, 08:57 AM
"Excellent" is being rather generous.

Used in the context of what is available, but lets not forget has proven for years to be very reliable and saviour for Swansea for yonks.

SA Eagle
28-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Seriously? he has been outstanding for Swansea and been their saviour for for years, and prior to that was very good for Arsenal when called on.
As for making the odd error, show me any keeper that has not done so occasionally, look no further than Joe Hart for a keeper who is error prone, and he is England's No.1.

Think you're over stating his performances over the 3 seasons he's been at Swansea. As for Arsenal, there's a reason he was nicknamed Flappyhandski.

He commands his area better than Hennessey, if the opposition make it easy for him like we did in the 2-1 in January but other than that he's no upgrade.

SA Eagle
28-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Is 3 seasons Yonks nowadays?

Tim
28-04-2017, 09:13 AM
Where does that leave Szcezny? He would be a good signing if available?

CharlieCPFC
28-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Where does that leave Szcezny? He would be a good signing if available?

He'll go to a side playing in Europe, Napoli being rumoured to be interested.

laboxers
28-04-2017, 10:51 AM
He'll go to a side playing in Europe, Napoli being rumoured to be interested.

We could take Pepe Reina then maybe?

Bones14
28-04-2017, 11:07 AM

Not being rude Nigelbrag but a good keeper is a good keeper irrespective of what league he comes from. Luka is a good DM, and he's had no previous premiership experience.
I just don't get this "premiership experience" bit. Seems a throw away line as for everyone from outside the premiership is a massive risk, yet someone who has played and been relegated is more of a less risk option.

Martin H
28-04-2017, 01:16 PM
I just don't get this "premiership experience" bit. Seems a throw away line as for everyone from outside the premiership is a massive risk, yet someone who has played and been relegated is more of a less risk option.

Just about every Premiership manager references it as being really important and they can't all be wrong can they? There is a relentless pace and pressure both in a match and because there are no 'easy' matches, they just coming thick and fast. The season is demanding and we get the full range of weather conditions. All that together has to be fairly unique I would think and for most/many needs some adjustment of their game. Luka seems to have settled immediately and maybe there are lessons there for the club and maybe other players. Or better still - maybe this is Luka playing crap :D and he will just get better and better.

Bones14
28-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Just about every Premiership manager references it as being really important and they can't all be wrong can they? There is a relentless pace and pressure both in a match and because there are no 'easy' matches, they just coming thick and fast. The season is demanding and we get the full range of weather conditions. All that together has to be fairly unique I would think and for most/many needs some adjustment of their game. Luka seems to have settled immediately and maybe there are lessons there for the club and maybe other players. Or better still - maybe this is Luka playing crap :D and he will just get better and better.

Fair points Martin.

I'll make a point of my own though. How come nearly all the top sides are filled with foreigners. Last year I think only 31% of starting players were eligible to play for England so that means 69% were from overseas. Will agree most are internationals for their respective countries, but they still have to adapt to the rigours of the English game.
So many recycled relegated players are purchased and yet you find those clubs (buying said players) are in the same position the following year (Fighting Relegation). There's quality in every league, you just have to look hard to unearth it.
I'm not saying all relegated players are crap, just pointing out that they've failed previously and come with an inflated price tag, compared to say someone abroad, who is untested in this competition but has very similar attributes or maybe even better for a third of the price.
I'd take someone on the up for a third of the price, to someone who's just been battered for a season and is triple the price and mentally scarred.

Martin H
28-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Fair points Martin.

I'll make a point of my own though. How come nearly all the top sides are filled with foreigners. Last year I think only 31% of starting players were eligible to play for England so that means 69% were from overseas. Will agree most are internationals for their respective countries, but they still have to adapt to the rigours of the English game.
So many recycled relegated players are purchased and yet you find those clubs (buying said players) are in the same position the following year (Fighting Relegation). There's quality in every league, you just have to look hard to unearth it.
I'm not saying all relegated players are crap, just pointing out that they've failed previously and come with an inflated price tag, compared to say someone abroad, who is untested in this competition but has very similar attributes or maybe even better for a third of the price.
I'd take someone on the up for a third of the price, to someone who's just been battered for a season and is triple the price and mentally scarred.

I don't particularly disagree with the general point but there can be a time lag as they adjust for almost all of them and some don't make it. Someone that has already gone through that and shown enough is I guess considered a lower risk. I wasn't suggesting anything really - more responding to your confusion :D

Bones14
28-04-2017, 01:46 PM
No confusion, just poorly worded sentence on my behalf ( I just don't get this "premiership experience").:p

Find it a bit ridiculous that its used so much when the majority of successful players are from abroad and not homegrown.

jimos_uk
28-04-2017, 04:22 PM
No confusion, just poorly worded sentence on my behalf ( I just don't get this "premiership experience").:p

Find it a bit ridiculous that its used so much when the majority of successful players are from abroad and not homegrown.

There needs to be a bit more reflection, given the 'homegrown price increase'. Value is not easily found locally unless developed through academies these days. When we're in Europe we can worry about that sort of thing. Until then, I would love us to try to sign the best players that fit our budget and, y'know, don't leave the same bloody gaps we have always seemed to have in terms of squad depth.

CharlieCPFC
13-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Still think this should be the keeper we press for, not neccassarily wanted at Roma and interestingly enough Freedman was interested in taking him on loan whilst at Forest.

Jim Cannon
13-07-2017, 06:52 PM

They may say about the importance of "having Premier League experience" yet why do we have a league that is awash with foreign players who once upon a time had never played here then?

CharlieCPFC
28-07-2017, 04:21 PM
He's gonna be second fiddle this season at Roma going by their pre season so will no doubt be wanting out. He won't be on silly money nor will it command a big fee.

Get Tim on the case SP.

Polish Pete
28-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Just seen a youtube video of his empoli saves. Impressive

CharlieCPFC
28-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Just seen a youtube video of his empoli saves. Impressive

I was hoping by your username you was gonna give us a bit more than that :D

Polish Pete
28-07-2017, 08:53 PM
I was born in Beckenham and like cleaning products

Polish Pete
28-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Serioisly though. There are so many young and good Polish keepers out there. Lost track.