PDA

View Full Version : Troy Deeney

Socrates
29-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Very interesting interview with Troy Deeney on 5 Live about dressing room conflict and motivating teenage millionaires. I know he's had a chequered past but he comes across as someone who really takes responsibility for leadership in the team. Worth a listen.

From 27:35 at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051g2sw

eagle-leg
29-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Troy Deeney has a great attitude. He's one of my favourite players outside of palace.

in-exile
29-04-2017, 08:35 AM
We all hate him..but we would love the guy if he played for us.....I think a much better guy than we give him credit for being.

ebyeeckeagle
29-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Thought it was a great interview. Interesting life he has gone through

art malice
29-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Very listenable. That brilliant Speroni save at Wembley though. Deeney really should have buried that. Quite liked him after that.

Nigelbrag
29-04-2017, 09:12 AM
What i like about him is his feet firmly on the ground attitude, very rare with premiership footballers these days. Maybe having seen the other side of life from his misdemeanour's in his early years has taught him how fortunate his life now is, also in staying loyal to a club of Watford's standing is admirable, knowing he would be in demand if he chose to move on.
If we choose to sell Benteke for silly money to a Chinese club if an offer came in, then i would be very happy to have Troy Deeney join as replacement.

kevb
29-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Since really turning himself around after his early troubles, I've grown to admire and like Troy Deeney. His professionalism and loyalty to Watford are admirable - and if he played for us that way we would consider him on a par with Speroni.

My admiration went up even more after his goal for us in the home game.

Olympian2
30-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Deeney is Old Skool in so many ways which is both to his credit and his detriment.

I can imagine how he hates all these young, 'soft' players with their agents, flash cars & on-the-field antics - diving, card-waving etc.

On the other hand, the days of professional footballers quaffing pints & scoffing pies are well behind us.

Socrates
30-04-2017, 06:31 AM
Deeney is Old Skool in so many ways which is both to his credit and his detriment.

I can imagine how he hates all these young, 'soft' players with their agents, flash cars & on-the-field antics - diving, card-waving etc.

On the other hand, the days of professional footballers quaffing pints & scoffing pies are well behind us.

He is "Old School" but what struck me was that he sounded more like a supporter than a player in his critique of the modern game and the impact the influx of money has had. On your final point, I didn't get a feeling that he's a pints, pies and card schools sort of guy.

Zohar's Penalty
30-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Definitely should've signed him straight after we won the play off final.

Olympian2
30-04-2017, 05:46 PM
On your final point, I didn't get a feeling that he's a pints, pies and card schools sort of guy.

If you speak to any Watford fan, you'll hear about his partiality for an ale & a pie. I didn't say anything about gambling.