PDA

View Full Version : Official: Steve Mandanda - Signs for Marseille

Pages : [1] 2

Owngoal
04-05-2017, 11:40 AM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/bayern-munich-keen-crystal-palace-star-next-season-player-edges-towards-exit/

Although this is the time when agents are earning their big bucks there could potentially be truth in this if the German giants are going on reputation like we did. Personally think it could be good if any truth in it as OM may have to pay more to get their man back.

gold76
04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
He'll be off for sure, but I assumed part of the reason was home sickness, difficulty in settling.

It be similar scenario in Germany you'd assume.

ForzaPalace
04-05-2017, 02:05 PM
He'll be off for sure, but I assumed part of the reason was home sickness, difficulty in settling.

Not our problem anymore though!

orp pisshead1
04-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Sssssshhhhh , we need a bidding war ( as someone pointed out);)

in-exile
04-05-2017, 03:36 PM
He was just too good for us. As SP said Probably the best signing in Palace history and even maybe best ever in the history of the modern game.

16eagles
04-05-2017, 04:19 PM
This guys agent needs shooting!

Swoonara
04-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Maybe he is related to Ian Dowie!!!

Penstone Eagle
04-05-2017, 04:40 PM
What a waste of time, effort and money.

Steamy
04-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Would love to see a cheeky punt for Pickford if/when Steve goes.

CP-RJW
04-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Swap deal for Neuer?

GrayP41ace
04-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Swap deal for Neuer?

Not direct enough.

Owngoal
04-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Swap deal for Neuer?

Neuer? Isn't he a really average and overrated keeper? Steve will soon displace him.

palacedaz
04-05-2017, 07:47 PM
He isn't really good enough for the prem being a number 2 is probably about right.

Northern_palace
04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
The insults towards Steve are a little over the top. It's totally unfair to make an accurate judgement on him based on how much we have seen. He had developed far too good a reputation in France over such a length of time for him to be so poor. He was unfortunately put in to a team that was struggling, looked poor defensively and whilst he didn't cover himself in glory in that short space of time, surely cannot be judged fairly because of it.

Cleon
04-05-2017, 08:04 PM
I don't really have an issue with his early season performances, it's been the (allegedly) piss poor attitude that I have an issue with. Speroni had a massive set-back early on in his Palace career, but his attitude was first rate and means that he's now a certifiable Palace legend.

Steve could have been the same, instead he's allowed Wayne Hennessey to keep him out of the team....

BBK
04-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Neuer? Isn't he a really average and overrated keeper? Steve will soon displace him.

Displace him on the bench? Super Wayne will be in goal.

west country boy
04-05-2017, 08:07 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/bayern-munich-keen-crystal-palace-star-next-season-player-edges-towards-exit/

Although this is the time when agents are earning their big bucks there could potentially be truth in this if the German giants are going on reputation like we did. Personally think it could be good if any truth in it as OM may have to pay more to get their man back.I'm surprised you can't spell his name, considering how obsessed you are.

Owngoal
04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm surprised you can't spell his name, considering how obsessed you are.

Perhaps its because I don't give a flying f*ck about him and wish we had spent some money on a decent keeper rather than trust Pardew to be the judge of one two years on the trot). Just want to see him gone and all the idiots who say he so wonderful stop bleating like Latvian sheep that he has not had a chance. Have never heard such bollocks about someone of that age, experience and salary. Ditto our other great Pardew out of contract bargain on huge wages Sako.

PS I will be watching every word you post you b*tch!!

GrayP41ace
04-05-2017, 08:59 PM
As a slight aside, what alcohol/drug is it that makes you this, erm, bonkers?

in-exile
04-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Jager Bombed?

west country boy
04-05-2017, 09:52 PM
As a slight aside, what alcohol/drug is it that makes you this, erm, bonkers?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennessy

JDawg
04-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Are they taking Jules as their number 1?

New LP
04-05-2017, 11:49 PM

It's likely to be a different situation if Bayern Munich come knocking yes.

DHeagle
05-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Perhaps its because I don't give a flying f*ck about him and wish we had spent some money on a decent keeper rather than trust Pardew to be the judge of one two years on the trot). Just want to see him gone and all the idiots who say he so wonderful stop bleating like Latvian sheep that he has not had a chance. Have never heard such bollocks about someone of that age, experience and salary. Ditto our other great Pardew out of contract bargain on huge wages Sako.

PS I will be watching every word you post you b*tch!!

To speak objectively about his ability, he's certainly "decent" at the very least. You would expect someone of his age to perhaps be more adaptable and professional if the rumours of homesickness are true, but then he has spent almost his entire career at one club up to this season.

He played, what, nine games for us? I think enough people are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not just a crap 'keeper, considering the 20 or so games for France and the 300+ appearances for a Champions League side.

I understand feeling let down, but he played a handful of games in a side that was catastrophic defensively. We can probably recoup most of the 3m and move on without being quite so irate about it, surely?

Owngoal
05-05-2017, 09:27 AM
To speak objectively about his ability, he's certainly "decent" at the very least. You would expect someone of his age to perhaps be more adaptable and professional if the rumours of homesickness are true, but then he has spent almost his entire career at one club up to this season.

He played, what, nine games for us? I think enough people are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not just a crap 'keeper, considering the 20 or so games for France and the 300+ appearances for a Champions League side.

I understand feeling let down, but he played a handful of games in a side that was catastrophic defensively. We can probably recoup most of the 3m and move on without being quite so irate about it, surely?

I am amazed the way that people jump to the defence of someone who has been a huge disappointment as both a keeper and a professional footballer. If you sign a contract you should honour it and do your best to be in the first team, not taking a quarter of a million plus a month and sulking that you want to go back to France. The stupid chant of his name before he had done anything was only going to lead one way in the long run. Do you also give Jimmy Kebe the 'benefit of the doubt?' What seriously do you even mean by that? If he were an electrical product you wouldn't say these are normally fantastic, you'd ask for your money back as faulty goods.

whereEaglesFly
05-05-2017, 10:26 AM
I am amazed the way that people jump to the defence of someone who has been a huge disappointment as both a keeper and a professional footballer. If you sign a contract you should honour it and do your best to be in the first team, not taking a quarter of a million plus a month and sulking that you want to go back to France. The stupid chant of his name before he had done anything was only going to lead one way in the long run. Do you also give Jimmy Kebe the 'benefit of the doubt?' What seriously do you even mean by that? If he were an electrical product you wouldn't say these are normally fantastic, you'd ask for your money back as faulty goods.

Jimmy Kebe didn't even train for most of his time here, Mandanda has trained and gone to games he is not involved in and as far as us fans know has been professional enough.

There is obviously something not right here as in his 9 games he showed he was by far the best keeper we have.

DHeagle
05-05-2017, 11:31 AM

Yeah, you would get a refund on an electrical appliance, but there are a couple of differences:

1. He's a human being, not an electrical appliance - they come with emotions, they require management, they're more sensitive to their surroundings. If we want to carry on the bizarre comparisons, let's point out that Mandanda clearly isn't happy in England, you might say he's not in his ideal environment. Kind of like putting a hoover underwater. I get it's a ridiculous comparison, but so is comparing a goalkeeper to an electrical appliance.

2. Players don't come with receipts. We can't go back to Marseille and complain because they didn't foresee him being homesick (the same way Palace and the player clearly didn't either).

I'm not jumping to his defence but I, like others, am happy to write it off as a risk that didn't work out. Everyone hoped when he signed that he would be our number 1 for several seasons, but his head isn't in the right place. We don't know the extent of his homesickness, he might be battling crippling depression when he's away from his family, in which case it just wouldn't benefit us to play him.

I'm saying give him the benefit of the doubt in that, having been excellent throughout his career, he's had a rough spell here where it just hasn't worked out. It's that whole "form is temporary, class is permanent" thing. 9 games behind a horribly leaky defence at Palace will not define his career, the international caps and Champions League appearances will.

And if you think Jimmy Kebe's pedigree when he arrived at Palace is anything like Mandanda's was, I'm out of words. Kebe was gutless and he dived when he did play for us; Mandanda made errors, but I also distinctly remember at least one world class save in the 4-2 loss at home to Liverpool (where the majority of the goals were down to non-existent defending).

I just don't think it's worth feeling so hurt and betrayed by.

Owngoal
05-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Electrical appliances are very much like Steve, they don't have honour. To me Jules has had a much better career because he was not only a decent keeper but someone who would try his best not to let you down. Hence although past his best his commitment has enabled him to still be our number two over the supposedly talented Steve. Still find it odd that people defend him yet no one admits to being one of the ludicrous chanters.

I don't feel hurt or betrayed (you have to care about someone to have feelings), but like Kebe did before, we have been mugged off by Steve. He will end up back at OM because you would have to be a moron of a manager to risk him doing the same to you at any other club.

Why do you clearly from your words have such strong feelings about Kebe, who had an addiction to poker, but not Steve?

mroakley9
05-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Perhaps its because I don't give a flying f*ck about him

ahahaha this is a ******* lie

kabbott
05-05-2017, 12:10 PM
He will end up back at OM because you would have to be a moron of a manager to risk him doing the same to you at any other club.

Joke clubs said to be interested in him: Bayern Munich, PSG, Monaco, Liverpool ...

DHeagle
05-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Electrical appliances are very much like Steve, they don't have honour. To me Jules has had a much better career because he was not only a decent keeper but someone who would try his best not to let you down. Hence although past his best his commitment has enabled him to still be our number two over the supposedly talented Steve. Still find it odd that people defend him yet no one admits to being one of the ludicrous chanters.

I don't feel hurt or betrayed (you have to care about someone to have feelings), but like Kebe did before, we have been mugged off by Steve. He will end up back at OM because you would have to be a moron of a manager to risk him doing the same to you at any other club.

Why do you clearly from your words have such strong feelings about Kebe, who had an addiction to poker, but not Steve?

I'll admit I wasn't aware of Kebe having a poker addiction, but that doesn't change the fact that when he did play, it didn't look like he cared in the slightest (hence the "gutless") and dived (hence the "he dived"). The poker addiction could in some way explain the lack of effort he put in when he played, in which case I partially take back what I said.

Mental illness shouldn't be underplayed - if either player was not in the right state to kit up then they shouldn't be made to because of a contract. Just because their symptoms aren't obvious to the naked eye, it doesn't mean they're good to go.

I'm not sure either of us know the full story, but he doesn't have a track record of doing what he has done this season, so make of that what you will.

I don't know why it's of any relevance whatsoever, but I chanted his name. It was a good laugh, just as it is with Sakho (please explain why chanting Sakho's name isn't "only going to lead one way" in the fashion it apparently did with Mandanda?)

Latvian Eagle
05-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Joke clubs said to be interested in him: Bayern Munich, PSG, Monaco, Liverpool ...

All of whom would stick about 7 goals past his hero Wayne.

GJN
07-05-2017, 09:48 AM

Don't be absurd mate. Man City only got 5 past him :p

Owngoal
07-05-2017, 10:02 AM

And 10 best your fantastic keeper SSSttteeeevvveeee. Are you upset you won't be able to do the chant anymore?

He will end up at OM again as he can't play anywhere else. All this interest is agent talk, but of course we know he hasn't talked to OM because without permission that would be a breach of contract

Latvian Eagle
07-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Yeah. Of course they would score 10 past Steve. :rolleyes: That's why they want to sign him. :jerkit:

Owngoal
07-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Yeah. Of course they would score 10 past Steve. :rolleyes: That's why they want to sign him. :jerkit:

All agent talk - would you sign someone who can't live outside of France and with not one clean sheet in the Premier League? Sorry, yes you would as you told us how feckin wonderful your hero was. Get a picture of him and have a :jerkit: latte sparrow

Latvian Eagle
07-05-2017, 01:29 PM
All agent talk - would you sign someone who can't live outside of France and with not one clean sheet in the Premier League? Sorry, yes you would as you told us how feckin wonderful your hero was. Get a picture of him and have a :jerkit: latte sparrow

Rather that than read the absurd bollocks you keep posting.

Owngoal
09-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Rather that than read the absurd bollocks you keep posting.

Jesus if that was you in the picture of that team no wonder you are so happy all the time. Keep doing the stretching exercises on the rack :clown:

EryrExile
09-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Is there not some kind of plugin that could be installed on the forum software that will detect if Owngoal is involved in a discussion about goalkeepers and automatically merge the whole thread with the moved posts thread?

dim
09-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Why not? He's certainly been number 2 for us.

GrayP41ace
10-05-2017, 10:16 AM
And 10 best your fantastic keeper SSSttteeeevvveeee. Are you upset you won't be able to do the chant anymore?

He will end up at OM again as he can't play anywhere else. All this interest is agent talk, but of course we know he hasn't talked to OM because without permission that would be a breach of contract

OM, Bayern, Liverpool have all shown interest in Mandanda.....not a dig at Wayne, but if you offered both to any club in Europe, I doubt any are taking Wayne.

jimmy the gent
10-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Do people really consider the 9 games he played for us as bad? I thought he looked a strong, capable and confident keeper myself. One or two ropy performances mixed in, but all in all a promising start I thought. What has happened since to cause his disappearance has to be some kind of off the field matter. I can't see why he'd have been dropped and WH picked, on the basis of SM's appearances for the club.

Random*
10-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Do people really consider the 9 games he played for us as bad? I thought he looked a strong, capable and confident keeper myself. One or two ropy performances mixed in, but all in all a promising start I thought. What has happened since to cause his disappearance has to be some kind of off the field matter. I can't see why he'd have been dropped and WH picked, on the basis of SM's appearances for the club.

I thought so too. Vastly more capable keeper than WH.

CP-RJW
10-05-2017, 11:37 AM
He was dropped because he was injured for around two months, the mystery is why he hasn't even appeared on the bench since then.

Owngoal
10-05-2017, 11:44 AM

Very average when we were promised he was to be our best keeper since Martyn (no clean sheets or being anywhere near a MoM performance). Also had a poor one before the 'injury'. The new style of throwing out the ball caused a fair few problems as well with our players not being used to it as well. I thought by now everyone had got the idea that he is not trying enough to displace not just Wayne but Jules as well. He clearly does not want to be here, but does want to continue picking up a quarter of a million a month. Another Pardew signing from the agents known as 'I saw you coming' along with the ever present Remy.

What an unbelievable difference with the wonderful Sakho - outstanding player every game from game one, but of course we hadn't negotiated a deal to sign him or not - what amateurs we are.

Tell me, why do you think he is better than our other two keepers at this moment in time? I really want to understand how you can think this based on his time with us and not his supposed pedigree from before?

Owngoal
10-05-2017, 11:49 AM
OM, Bayern, Liverpool have all shown interest in Mandanda.....not a dig at Wayne, but if you offered both to any club in Europe, I doubt any are taking Wayne.

OM yes, clearly been tapping him up for ages and perhaps a big part of him not bothering to try and win a place in the first team. One U23 outing letting in two goals is not really trying. The others probably agent talk, unless they have a manager like Pardew. If he is homesick in London he will be in Liverpool and Munich even more so, there are as many French people in London as there are in Bordeaux. He has been one thing, a huge disappointment.

regal_eagle
10-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Only the "OP", and they clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about (or is WH himself or maybe Ledley). SM was a vast improvement on WH, the 'Steeeve' chant being more of a collective sign of relief from the crowd.

I only read this thread (created After I had already posted the link about the Bayern interest on the Mandanda thread) to laugh at the obsession and idiocy of the poster.

CP-RJW
10-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Very average when we were promised he was to be our best keeper since Martyn (no clean sheets or being anywhere near a MoM performance). Also had a poor one before the 'injury'. The new style of throwing out the ball caused a fair few problems as well with our players not being used to it as well. I thought by now everyone had got the idea that he is not trying enough to displace not just Wayne but Jules as well. He clearly does not want to be here, but does want to continue picking up a quarter of a million a month. Another Pardew signing from the agents known as 'I saw you coming' along with the ever present Remy.

What an unbelievable difference with the wonderful Sakho - outstanding player every game from game one, but of course we hadn't negotiated a deal to sign him or not - what amateurs we are.

Tell me, why do you think he is better than our other two keepers at this moment in time? I really want to understand how you can think this based on his time with us and not his supposed pedigree from before?
"Got the idea," "clearly does not want to be here," as always you're just speculating. Steve hasn't played enough to properly pass judgment, but in the nine games he played he looked a safer pair of hands than Wayne, and Jules is harder to judge as he rarely plays but was poor in his couple of cameos at the back end of last season. Then you say not to mention "supposed pedigree": Well, that's quite important to judging a players ability actually, much more important than 9 games at a new club behind the worst defence in the division at least.

Owngoal
11-05-2017, 07:52 AM
"Got the idea," "clearly does not want to be here," as always you're just speculating. Steve hasn't played enough to properly pass judgment, but in the nine games he played he looked a safer pair of hands than Wayne, and Jules is harder to judge as he rarely plays but was poor in his couple of cameos at the back end of last season. Then you say not to mention "supposed pedigree": Well, that's quite important to judging a players ability actually, much more important than 9 games at a new club behind the worst defence in the division at least.

So do you suggest we keep him for the rest of his contract? No doubt he is fit but can't or does not want to displace Jules. I really do not get what this shit is about difficult to judge on 9 games is - no other signing of the last two years has been given that luxury. You must have been one of the SSTTTEEEVVVEEE chanters
PS we have signed a lot of players with pedigree who have not really worked out - Adebayor being a prime example.

GrayP41ace
11-05-2017, 08:18 AM
So do you suggest we keep him for the rest of his contract? No doubt he is fit but can't or does not want to displace Jules. I really do not get what this shit is about difficult to judge on 9 games is - no other signing of the last two years has been given that luxury. You must have been one of the SSTTTEEEVVVEEE chanters
PS we have signed a lot of players with pedigree who have not really worked out - Adebayor being a prime example.

He was being paid close to 100k, nearly double what Mandanda is rumoured by you to be on. He was utter tripe, yet got less stick from you :D

Tim
11-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Adebayor is a bad comparison. He hadn't played for ages & was clearly washed up as a player hence how no other premier league clubs would go near him after his contact was not renewed.

Steve should be in his prime as a keeper but it looks like it hasn't worked out for some reason. I don't think he suits the system SA had to play in order to keep us up. Might of had another chance next season but it looks like he won't be sticking around so we'll never know how good or bad he might of been?

CP-RJW
11-05-2017, 09:04 AM
That's because we very rarely buy players from abroad- Some settle in quickly like Luka, some take time to settle in like Souare, and some don't settle at all like Campana, but in whichever scenario foreign players deserve some settling in time before making a full judgment of their worth. Imagine if Spurs didn't give Son time, Man City didn't give Kevin De Bruyne time, Liverpool- Firmino, Man U- Vidic, Arsenal- Pires, Chelsea- Pedro: I could go on. I didn't even mention a contract? Not sure what you're on about there. Adebayor was a silly comparison, he hadn't done anything in years and even then he'd only start playing when his contract starts running down, in order to earn a new one. Steve on the other hand was fresh off the back of winning Marseille's player of the year award, and with no reported attitude problems to date when we signed him. And no I never joined in with that imbecilic Steveeeeee thing, made me cringe every time and I'm sure he hated it too.

Owngoal
11-05-2017, 09:26 AM
That's because we very rarely buy players from abroad- Some settle in quickly like Luka, some take time to settle in like Souare, and some don't settle at all like Campana, but in whichever scenario foreign players deserve some settling in time before making a full judgment of their worth. Imagine if Spurs didn't give Son time, Man City didn't give Kevin De Bruyne time, Liverpool- Firmino, Man U- Vidic, Arsenal- Pires, Chelsea- Pedro: I could go on. I didn't even mention a contract? Not sure what you're on about there. Adebayor was a silly comparison, he hadn't done anything in years and even then he'd only start playing when his contract starts running down, in order to earn a new one. Steve on the other hand was fresh off the back of winning Marseille's player of the year award, and with no reported attitude problems to date when we signed him. And no I never joined in with that imbecilic Steveeeeee thing, made me cringe every time and I'm sure he hated it too.

We need to get rid of him is the point, waste of a place in the 25 and his wages inhibit what we can do in terms of FFP. He was supposed to be a seasoned international who really as a keeper should not have required bedding in. We have had some loan keepers who had no trouble bedding in in the past including younger ones like Turner. Why do people make excuses for Steve? Why? He hasn't done anything to deserve it. I've worked all over but have never required bedding in to do so. Glad you realise what a stupid chant it was. Even if we signed Ronaldo from Real you have to do something of note to get a special chant (Steve didn't, Sakho did from almost his first kick).

Latvian Eagle
11-05-2017, 09:32 AM
As a keeper shouldn't have required bedding in?! Wtf?! :D He had to get used to playing behind a whole new defence who speak a completely different language to what he is used to. What are you on about?! :moo:

DHeagle
11-05-2017, 10:20 AM
We need to get rid of him is the point, waste of a place in the 25 and his wages inhibit what we can do in terms of FFP. He was supposed to be a seasoned international who really as a keeper should not have required bedding in. We have had some loan keepers who had no trouble bedding in in the past including younger ones like Turner. Why do people make excuses for Steve? Why? He hasn't done anything to deserve it. I've worked all over but have never required bedding in to do so. Glad you realise what a stupid chant it was. Even if we signed Ronaldo from Real you have to do something of note to get a special chant (Steve didn't, Sakho did from almost his first kick).

You're still at this? No-one is saying we shouldn't be selling, we're all just willing to get on with it and say it didn't work out. At current, he is a waste of space in the 25, that I agree with. But if you're saying that moving abroad after nearly 10 years at the same club, having to deal with a manager and team speaking a different language, and adjusting to a massive lifestyle change while helping his family deal with the change too doesn't warrant any bedding in time, just because he's a goalkeeper, you're beyond help.

I don't know who this Turner chap is, but he probably didn't have to deal with a language barrier. But even then, well done to him because guess what, Wilf didn't have a language barrier to deal with when he went up to Manchester, but there are all sorts of rumours about him not settling in.

I'm not fervently defending Mandanda, I just don't understand your absolute objection to cutting him ANY slack?

Timbo
11-05-2017, 10:45 AM
As a keeper shouldn't have required bedding in?! Wtf?! :D He had to get used to playing behind a whole new defence who speak a completely different language to what he is used to. What are you on about?! :moo:

Hennessy still bedding in to this day if his form is anything to go by

Tomo
11-05-2017, 11:00 AM
It staggers me that people will criticse Mandanda, while happily accepting the mediocre performances we’ve seen from Hennesey over the last 18 months.

It’s obviously not worked out for Mandanda, but his pedigree and reputation was a reason for fans to be excited. In his 9 games, he showed that he was at worst, equal to Hennesey.

Terrace Bickle
11-05-2017, 02:44 PM
I thought this. Was it a language problem when organising the defence that has helped put paid to his Palace career.

orp pisshead1
11-05-2017, 02:53 PM
I thought this. Was it a language problem when organising the defence that has helped put paid to his Palace career.

He'd probably of been ok with Sakho n Pap in defence language wise.

kit82
11-05-2017, 03:18 PM
On this weeks HOL online podcast he says that BFS won't play anyone who has over 8% body fat and Steve does?!?

Latvian Eagle
11-05-2017, 03:31 PM
On this weeks HOL online podcast he says that BFS won't play anyone who has over 8% body fat and Steve does?!?

Rather a fatty who can stop simple shots than old bean pole who let's easy ones slip through his grasp.

in-exile
11-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Rather a fatty who can stop simple shots than old bean pole who let's easy ones slip through his grasp. Don't think fatboy has proved anything!

SEEPEEEFFSEE
11-05-2017, 03:38 PM
We'll get decent money for him so sell and reinvest in an equally capable keeper (or as close to as we can get for 10-12M

grand aigle
11-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Hennessy still bedding in to this day if his form is anything to go by

Hennessey will never bed in, he's simply not good enough for the Premier League

jimos_uk
11-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Hennessey will never bed in, he's simply not good enough for the Premier League

Quite, but I assume that everyone on here knows and realises that.

The fact that OG has some kind of mad fanatical hatred of Mandanda is one of my fave BBS tropes. I'm not sure I've ever hated someone as much as he appears to in my life, and I have so many people that I despise.

grand aigle
11-05-2017, 05:58 PM

The fact that OG has some kind of mad fanatical hatred of Mandanda is one of my fave BBS tropes. I'm not sure I've ever hated someone as much as he appears to in my life, and I have so many people that I despise.

Problem is, OG is straight on anyones case if they so much as dare to suggest that Wayne is not very good. He has a fanatical hatred of Mandanda and Speroni (for reasons best known to himself) and a similarly fanatical manlove for Hennessey (for reasons also best known to himself)..Mandanda in OGs book is a waste of money yet Wickham and Remy both long term injuries are ok by him. Give it 10 minutes and he'll be along accusing me of stalking him!! Weird!!

Timbo
11-05-2017, 06:24 PM

He's not fond of JS either but since JS is no longer an immediate threat to his idol he tries to hide that a bit by telling us he "used to be alright"

Owngoal
11-05-2017, 10:53 PM
It staggers me that people will criticse Mandanda, while happily accepting the mediocre performances weve seen from Hennesey over the last 18 months.

Its obviously not worked out for Mandanda, but his pedigree and reputation was a reason for fans to be excited. In his 9 games, he showed that he was at worst, equal to Hennesey.

Has the penny finally dropped? Manager, chairman and Latte Eagle said he was the dogs bollocks, the best buy we had in years. Well if he was they were small and shrivelled up, not big and full of spunk. He has not shown he is equal to Hennessy when Hennessy is at his best, otherwise he would have had a clean sheet or a MoM.

Owngoal
11-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Problem is, OG is straight on anyones case if they so much as dare to suggest that Wayne is not very good. He has a fanatical hatred of Mandanda and Speroni (for reasons best known to himself) and a similarly fanatical manlove for Hennessey (for reasons also best known to himself)..Mandanda in OGs book is a waste of money yet Wickham and Remy both long term injuries are ok by him. Give it 10 minutes and he'll be along accusing me of stalking him!! Weird!!

Don't hate either but only a complete and utter arsehole would try and say that. Jules is way over the hill, Steve can't get up the hill. I love Delaney, but guess what, he needs to be replaced. In the past I had been a big fan of Jules, but am not stupid enough to think he was the equal of Jackson or Martyn. You are clearly one of those types on the edge of a crowd inciting others to do things. Try growing up. Wickham has scored some great goals, so you hate him because he is injured? Have no feelings about Remy who we were stupid to loan when his injury record was so poor. You really do just blurt out unsubstantiated shit don't you?

You said you would put me on ignore but have not been able to. LIAR.

grand aigle
12-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Don't hate either but only a complete and utter arsehole would try and say that. Jules is way over the hill, Steve can't get up the hill. I love Delaney, but guess what, he needs to be replaced. In the past I had been a big fan of Jules, but am not stupid enough to think he was the equal of Jackson or Martyn. You are clearly one of those types on the edge of a crowd inciting others to do things. Try growing up. Wickham has scored some great goals, so you hate him because he is injured? Have no feelings about Remy who we were stupid to loan when his injury record was so poor. You really do just blurt out unsubstantiated shit don't you?

You said you would put me on ignore but have not been able to. LIAR.

Go and read what I said. I know Jules is past it probably, however even past it he is still far better than Hennessey!I didnt say I hated Wickham, I just stated that using your criteria, if he hasnt played for ages due to injuries, he must be a waste of a squad place and money,,No? As for unsubstantiated shit, you boy are the master of that with all the crap you spout re Mandanda... and before you start, I have no great wish for Mandanda to play, I dont chant Steeeeeve, I just want us to have a decent keeper, and right now Hennessey is far from that. Maybe Hennesssey at his "best" could be better than Mandanda, can you tell us when exactly Hennessey will be at his "best" As for putting you on ignore, I see your posts when others quote you so even on ignore you manage to post bile (re Mandanda) and crap (re Hennessey), Maybe you should stop with the insults and try reading other peoples posts first, anyway, why do you care if people ignore you.....short man syndrome perhaps??

Owngoal
12-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Go and read what I said. I know Jules is past it probably, however even past it he is still far better than Hennessey!I didnt say I hated Wickham, I just stated that using your criteria, if he hasnt played for ages due to injuries, he must be a waste of a squad place and money,,No? As for unsubstantiated shit, you boy are the master of that with all the crap you spout re Mandanda... and before you start, I have no great wish for Mandanda to play, I dont chant Steeeeeve, I just want us to have a decent keeper, and right now Hennessey is far from that. Maybe Hennesssey at his "best" could be better than Mandanda, can you tell us when exactly Hennessey will be at his "best" As for putting you on ignore, I see your posts when others quote you so even on ignore you manage to post bile (re Mandanda) and crap (re Hennessey), Maybe you should stop with the insults and try reading other peoples posts first, anyway, why do you care if people ignore you.....short man syndrome perhaps??

Your too thick to have any kind of decent conversation let alone areguement with. Hennessy having some good games clearly upset you. The whole team has been shite recently, probably reacting to so called fans like you. PS STEVE HAS NOT BEEN INJURED FOR MONTHS - HE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DISPLACE JULES AS NUMBER TWO:lux::lux::wallbash::wallbash:

grand aigle
12-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Your too thick to have any kind of decent conversation let alone areguement with. Hennessy having some good games clearly upset you. The whole team has been shite recently, probably reacting to so called fans like you. PS STEVE HAS NOT BEEN INJURED FOR MONTHS - HE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DISPLACE JULES AS NUMBER TWO:lux::lux::wallbash::wallbash:

Ok youre a better fan than me! Well done!! You cannot post without insults can you. Ignore you? No you are pure comedy gold, posting what you accuse others of... you have no idea of Mandanda situation/wages or anything you just chose to dislike/hate him for whatever reason and make shit up, I dont care!.. Regards Wickham, read my post, I said, using your criteria, as Wickham has been out injured for ages he must be a waste of money, just as you said about Mandanda. If you think that the team reacts to what the fans say on here then you are thicker than pig shit...you just carry on with your one eyed adulation of a sub standard keeper ! Take a look around these boards og, see how many people love wayne as much as you. I know there are 2...2 out of how many?? I have stated I have no wish to see Mandanda or Jules, just a keeper who occasionally makes great saves and wins us points, something wayne has hardly ever done.You dismiss Mandanda on the basis of 9 games with a shit defence, yet are happy to persist in defending Hennessey who has had plenty more games to prove himself, and has failed dismally...
Carry on with your manlove OG, lets just hope he doent cost us in the last 2 games....
PS As for thick, try learning to spell

PauLo
12-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Jesus, what did Steve do to Owngoal's mum to warrant all this effort.

DARZET EAGLE
12-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Such vitriol on here is not necessary, given that we all support the same club.

jimmy the gent
13-05-2017, 12:48 PM
If that is the case and instead of training hard and adjusting his diet, he's stayed over that %, then he's clearly not got the stomach for the fight. Oh...

Tomo
13-05-2017, 06:45 PM

Personally I'm more upset by the amount of shit games Hennesey has had for us...

west country boy
13-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Such vitriol on here is not necessary, given that we all support the same club.It's not necessary, but can be quite entertaining in a voyeuristic way.

Owngoal
13-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Such vitriol on here is not necessary, given that we all support the same club.

Steve doesn't support the club, just says 'show me the money'

Latvian Eagle
14-05-2017, 06:55 AM

Yet more made up bollocks. Prove that he has ever said that...

grand aigle
14-05-2017, 07:24 AM

Most, if not all the players are in it for the money, they dont 'support' the club , its a job and they go where the money is best, not because they are Palace fans!

AJ
14-05-2017, 02:16 PM
We should be able to get at least 10m for him, but i doubt we will get half of that.

917L
14-05-2017, 04:12 PM
10m, ROFL

Are you mental?

Latvian Eagle
14-05-2017, 04:33 PM
10m, ROFL

Are you mental?

Only as mental as you and your chums are thinking Hennessey is a capable PL number 1.

beef
14-05-2017, 04:35 PM
I'd give him the game at Old Trafford. Hopefully he's settled in now and will be raring to go for next season. If not we always have Hennessey as back up.

917L
14-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Only as mental as you and your chums are thinking Hennessey is a capable PL number 1.

Oddly I dont recall having said that, probably because I havent

But if you think Mandanda is worth 10m you clearly have a screw loose

The12thman
14-05-2017, 09:01 PM
I'd be surprised if we get 10m for him. He's good if he's French 2nd keeper but it's got completely Pete Tong over here.

We'll be lucky to get half that but I expect at least 3m+ as he's an experienced French international and GKs keep going into their late 30s.

I think because he hasn't played and seems unsettled/ something wrong in the background that might keep the fee modest.

chris12164
14-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Was Steve at the ground today.

Owngoal
14-05-2017, 09:24 PM

He thought that Steve was the best keeper we have had since Nigel Martyn so no doubt about having a screw lose. OM are the only club who will take him and know that we have to get rid of him. Yet still some nutters think we should play him. He is a bit like Latte, no clean sheets:D:D

Latvian Eagle
15-05-2017, 02:42 AM
He thought that Steve was the best keeper we have had since Nigel Martyn so no doubt about having a screw lose. OM are the only club who will take him and know that we have to get rid of him. Yet still some nutters think we should play him. He is a bit like Latte, no clean sheets:D:D

Clearly based on his record he should have been. Things haven't worked out for him here. I still think he is ten times the keeper Hennessey is despite that.

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-05-2017, 10:26 AM
I'd take 5m for him. Shame it has not worked out. Begovic, Pickford, Valdes...?

Fabianski won't be availably anymore :(

Latvian Eagle
15-05-2017, 12:20 PM
I'd take 5m for him. Shame it has not worked out. Begovic, Pickford, Valdes...?

Fabianski won't be availably anymore :(

All if those better than Hennessey.

Valdes is back off to Spain to Depot or Malaga apparently.

Begovic we would be interested in, Chelsea wanted 12m for him last summer though.

Pickford is probably out of our price range purely because he is English which instantly adds about 10m on to his realistic price.

regal_eagle
16-05-2017, 03:09 PM

Mandanda's Highest Market Value was 10Mil more than what Wayne's:

Steve Mandanda
Current market value:
8.50m
Last change:
Feb 20, 2017
Highest market value:
14.45m
May 23, 2012

Wayne Hennesey
Current market value:
3.40m
Last change:
Feb 20, 2017
Highest market value:
4.68m
Jun 24, 2012

Shipp Ahoy!
16-05-2017, 03:13 PM
All if those better than Hennessey.

Valdes is back off to Spain to Depot or Malaga apparently.

Begovic we would be interested in, Chelsea wanted 12m for him last summer though.

Pickford is probably out of our price range purely because he is English which instantly adds about 10m on to his realistic price.

If Chelsea are asking for 12million for Begovic... I'd throw the cash at them and rip his arms off dragging him to Selhurst.

Then again I haven't got 12million :D

Shoreditch CPFC
16-05-2017, 03:23 PM
If you sign a player on a free they will likely have something in their contract that gives them most of the benefit of any subsequent transfer fee so I'd forget the idea of a big payment coming.

Kai
16-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Mandanda is the type of player who'll leave on a free under a cloud.

I'd take a look at Sergio Romero at Man U as a replacement if we can't get the like of Pickford or Heaton.

Shipp Ahoy!
17-05-2017, 05:01 PM

I'd take a look at Sergio Romero at Man U as a replacement if we can't get the like of Pickford or Heaton.

No chance of Romero, think United have been looking at him to replace De Gea when he goes in the summer.

Latvian Eagle
17-05-2017, 05:05 PM

Romero has already agreed a deal with Inter.

SE5eagle
17-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Was Steve at the ground today.

In the loo, banging callies and gurning like Worzel Gummidge.

Don't shoot the messenger.

:vader:

Crunchie
05-06-2017, 12:31 PM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/marseille-president-sets-deadline-to-buy-crystal-palace-keeper-mandanda-4184486

Stavros 69
05-06-2017, 12:43 PM
If you sign a player on a free they will likely have something in their contract that gives them most of the benefit of any subsequent transfer fee so I'd forget the idea of a big payment coming.

isn't that what a signing on fee negates?

bgh2172
05-06-2017, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=Shipp Ahoy!;13632924]If Chelsea are asking for 12million for Begovic... I'd throw the cash at them and rip his arms off dragging him to Selhurst. Then again I haven't got 12million

And we'd have a keeper with no arms.

fang
05-06-2017, 02:06 PM

An upgrade!

CP-RJW
05-06-2017, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Shipp Ahoy!;13632924]If Chelsea are asking for 12million for Begovic... I'd throw the cash at them and rip his arms off dragging him to Selhurst. Then again I haven't got 12million

I'd sign Prince Randian if it meant replacing Wayne.

Owngoal
08-06-2017, 07:40 PM
So we have rejected the OM offer of a million, less than we paid for him. Rather we spent the money on a hit man Han get mugged off by these lovely people. Everything about Steve has been a total mess.

HRS
08-06-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm not often one to say this but let the tosser rot and **** Marseille. No way should we let him go on the cheap. If he'd sat down with the management mid season and said look I really want to go back to Marseille in the summer but Il knuckle down and give 100% just promise to sell me after the season ends id say fair enough, but we've been backs to the wall battling relegation most of this season and this unprofessional dick head has barely raised a finger

Jim Cannon
08-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Don't want him rotting on his wages though, bet they are not cheap

in-exile
08-06-2017, 08:18 PM
So we have rejected the OM offer of a million, less than we paid for him. Rather we spent the money on a hit man Han get mugged off by these lovely people. Everything about Steve has been a total mess.
I'm sure Somebody did well out of the deal.

kabbott
08-06-2017, 08:32 PM
If he'd sat down with the management mid season and said look I really want to go back to Marseille in the summer but Il knuckle down and give 100% just promise to sell me after the season ends id say fair enough,

How do you know he didn't? Why didn't we just "get rid" in the winter? Latest news would suggest we didn't want to get rid in the winter and are holding out for more money!

Billy Rhino
08-06-2017, 10:35 PM
I'm not often one to say this but let the tosser rot and **** Marseille. No way should we let him go on the cheap. If he'd sat down with the management mid season and said look I really want to go back to Marseille in the summer but Il knuckle down and give 100% just promise to sell me after the season ends id say fair enough, but we've been backs to the wall battling relegation most of this season and this unprofessional dick head has barely raised a finger

Have to agree with you there. I think a significant increase in the Main stand prices should cover some of the costs but maybe all ST holders in that area should be forced to buy drinks and food at gunpoint, the tight gits.

HRS
08-06-2017, 10:50 PM
How do you know he didn't? Why didn't we just "get rid" in the winter? Latest news would suggest we didn't want to get rid in the winter and are holding out for more money!

I don't claim to know anything as fact, just my take looking from the outside at the players situation and the news coming or not coming out of the club,his agent or Marseille. I don't want to "get rid" I want the France international GK we signed last summer back in the team and fully motivated. I rate him. IMO we should dig our heels in on this rather than let Marseille manipulate the situation.

Owngoal
09-06-2017, 12:05 AM
I don't claim to know anything as fact, just my take looking from the outside at the players situation and the news coming or not coming out of the club,his agent or Marseille. I don't want to "get rid" I want the France international GK we signed last summer back in the team and fully motivated. I rate him. IMO we should dig our heels in on this rather than let Marseille manipulate the situation.

FFS, all of you who rate him need to get a feckin life. You are only as good as you play for your current club and he was not that good and was getting worse. We need a new keeper desperately, see Brighton are in for Ryan, rather him than our current number 3

Bones14
09-06-2017, 02:10 AM
FFS, all of you who rate him need to get a feckin life. You are only as good as you play for your current club and he was not that good and was getting worse. We need a new keeper desperately, see Brighton are in for Ryan, rather him than our current number 3

Matt Ryan is decent, but not great. He'd be a minor upgrade on WH, but not significant enough to gain the 10 or so points a season you want your keeper to win you.

MFBias
09-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Don't want him rotting on his wages though, bet they are not cheap

It's negotiating, Parish would be no good at business if he accepted the first deal. We can keep him for another 2 months, if we get his wages covered in the increase in transfer fee and make a profit on top there is nothing to lose. The longer he is trapped the better it gets for us.

dmf73
09-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Reports that we've turned down a 1m bid from Marseilles - cheeky so and so's!!

Owngoal
09-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Love people who read the thread before they post.........

Matt Ryan would be an upgrade on Steve

OM think they have us as we are paying a quarter of a million a month for SM and NO ONE ELSE WANTS THE GLORIOUS FRENCH NUMBER TWO (very apt description for what he is)

Nigelbrag
09-06-2017, 10:20 AM

It is always going to be a starting point, i can see Both parties maybe settling on around 2m.

rainbow_child
09-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Will soon go there for an undisclosed then.

Penstone Eagle
09-06-2017, 10:47 AM
What a poor signing, and costly.

grand aigle
09-06-2017, 11:09 AM

Rather him than our current number 1!

Bones14
09-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Love people who read the thread before they post.........

Matt Ryan would be an upgrade on Steve

OM think they have us as we are paying a quarter of a million a month for SM and NO ONE ELSE WANTS THE GLORIOUS FRENCH NUMBER TWO (very apt description for what he is)

If that's in reference to my reply Owngoal then I knew what you meant, but I skipped a couple of steps and put him past our numbers 2 and 3, and went straight past your point.
Apologise if you think I replied without reading your post properly.

I'm not one for rating players in terms of 1,2 or 3 as its foolish to think that's how they'll remain. If WH is our #1 though, then i'd say Matt Ryan would be at least equal or marginally better.

Latvian Eagle
09-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Matt Ryan is better than Hennessey but we can do better. A lot better than him in my opinion.

Owngoal
09-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Matt Ryan is better than Hennessey but we can do better. A lot better than him in my opinion.

And what did you tell us as gospel last year when we signed Steve?

Burnley keeper Heaton is the only Brit who is decent and a possibility?

Serious question, who do you want?

Latvian Eagle
09-06-2017, 12:55 PM
And what did you tell us as gospel last year when we signed Steve?

Burnley keeper Heaton is the only Brit who is decent and a possibility?

Serious question, who do you want?

Not that I mentioned anything about British (not sure where you got that from). But I actually would take Heaton. I would have happily had a Heaton, Bentley, Speroni trio but with both Jules and Hennessey signing new deals I can't see us signing two keepers.

Owngoal
09-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Not that I mentioned anything about British (not sure where you got that from). But I actually would take Heaton. I would have happily had a Heaton, Bentley, Speroni trio but with both Jules and Hennessey signing new deals I can't see us signing two keepers.

FFS do you always think people are quoting you!!! I mentioned British and would also go for premiership experience because we are less likely to end up signing another continental flop. Rather Heaton than Joe Hart all day long. Need someone who is usually fit as well with our current backups and Heaton fits the bill. Anyone you would suggest as a true number one?

EryrExile
09-06-2017, 02:34 PM
THE GLORIOUS FRENCH NUMBER TWO (very apt description for what he is)

Racist. I bet you love Steve Parish.

Bones14
09-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Heaton:supergrin:

in-exile
09-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Have we unloaded our number two yet?

Hibernator
09-06-2017, 02:38 PM

I think it's in the pipeline.

Worksop Palace
09-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Racist. I bet you love Steve Parish.

Why is that racist ?

Owngoal
20-06-2017, 09:36 AM

Don't talk about Julian like that as he really is our second choice with the glorious French No 2 (to Hugo) not even wanting to fight for a place on the bench. No way would he get into a German team, they put their towels out on the seats early.

Hopefully some French team will give us enough dosh to make some of our money back, otherwise sue the sod for going against the trades descriptions act as a footballer. How were so many people so wrong about him.

jimos_uk
20-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Don't talk about Julian like that as he really is our second choice with the glorious French No 2 (to Hugo) not even wanting to fight for a place on the bench. No way would he get into a German team, they put their towels out on the seats early.

Hopefully some French team will give us enough dosh to make some of our money back, otherwise sue the sod for going against the trades descriptions act as a footballer. How were so many people so wrong about him.

Nothing like a bit of casual xenophobia, eh?

We obviously need to move Mandanda on if he doesn't fit with the squad. It goes without saying. However, grandstanding and saying 'how were so many people wrong?' is a ridiculous thing to say. He joined us with pedigree and a proven track record in a decent league and with a top International background.

Let it go. It's tiresome and somewhat pathetic to be honest. It hasn't worked out, we need two new keepers, that's it really. You do not have to make it some kind of cause.

Owngoal
20-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Nothing like a bit of casual xenophobia, eh?

We obviously need to move Mandanda on if he doesn't fit with the squad. It goes without saying. However, grandstanding and saying 'how were so many people wrong?' is a ridiculous thing to say. He joined us with pedigree and a proven track record in a decent league and with a top International background.

Let it go. It's tiresome and somewhat pathetic to be honest. It hasn't worked out, we need two new keepers, that's it really. You do not have to make it some kind of cause.

Another one of the SStttteeeevvveee chanters biting his pillow?:supergrin:

jimos_uk
20-06-2017, 02:05 PM

Thanks for proving my point. Jesus, don't you have anything better to do?

grand aigle
20-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Actually he probably doesnt! Every time Mandandas name pops up , 30 seconds later so does OG.....French hater extraodinaire!!

PauLo
20-06-2017, 03:35 PM

He's a very odd fellow, isn't he?

whereEaglesFly
20-06-2017, 03:42 PM

Still looked better in his few games than Hennessey ever has

Owngoal
20-06-2017, 05:02 PM

Gotta be a hero, someone who refuses to get fit and play for the club. Usual pillow biters. Never kept a clean sheet, never made MoM once - you and your chums really know who to give your support to.:S::p:jerkit::hi:

Can one of you Steve lovers explain what it is you love about him? Genuinely think you must see something that no one at the club does?

CP-RJW
20-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Gotta be a hero, someone who refuses to get fit and play for the club. Usual pillow biters. Never kept a clean sheet, never made MoM once - you and your chums really know who to give your support to.:S::p:jerkit::hi:

Can one of you Steve lovers explain what it is you love about him? Genuinely think you must see something that no one at the club does?
Christ on a bike, saying he looked better than Calamity Wayne makes you a "Steve lover?" Okay then.

cpfc4evandeva
20-06-2017, 05:20 PM
He's a very odd fellow, isn't he?

To stand out as being odd on this website, you need to be a fully blown whackjob.

It's kind of impressive really.

grand aigle
20-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Most keepers look better than Wayne! He really isnt Premier league standard player, not now and never will be, far too many mistakes! We stayed up despite playing him rather than because we played him Anyway OG i thought you said he wouid leave at the end of the season? Seems like you were wrong about that too !!!

GrayP41ace
20-06-2017, 05:25 PM
He's obsessed.

jimmy the gent
20-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Agreed. The stats, however, don't back this up

CP-RJW
20-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Agreed. The stats, however, don't back this up
The stats don't include Steve playing purely behind a Pardew defence, with Wayne having time behind a solid Allardyce defence.

Martin H
20-06-2017, 05:53 PM
I had never seen Mandanda other than in video highlights etc. but I had expected something like the shot-stopping of Speroni at his best plus excellent distribution and some confident and competent handling of crosses etc.

In his few appearances I think we got flashes of the last two, but without any great consistency and TBH a bit MEH on the shot stopping side. So I found myself excited at the potential but somehow he never quite got there and then there was the odd error slip[ping in too and then he was gone. So it's difficult to get excited about what we saw here. The huge caveat would be that our defence was pretty miserable too at the time but often you would expect to see the keeper excel in those situations.

For whatever reason it didn't happen, under either Manager.

I think too many underestimate the difficulty of moving abroad and changing club etc. but I did expect more than we saw. Just hope he gets somewhere he can be comfortable and we get the cash back. It does seem that the club takes all the risk and pays whatever with these deals but can't see that changing.

jimos_uk
20-06-2017, 06:07 PM

It is nothing to do with being a hero you ******* imbecile. It's about the fact that he is an Internationally recoginised goalkeeper.

Your rhetoric is pathetic, I can't reconcile anything that you have to say with anything constituting a relevant comment. If I were a schoolteacher grading your posts, I'd be forced to assume that you have no understanding of logic. 'Pillow biters' FFS I'm agreeing with you, you ******* dimwit. Steve needs a new club, we need two new keepers. **** OFF.

Oli28
20-06-2017, 06:52 PM

Pillow biters? Who uses terms like that any more?

Owngoal
20-06-2017, 07:19 PM
It is nothing to do with being a hero you ******* imbecile. It's about the fact that he is an Internationally recoginised goalkeeper.

Your rhetoric is pathetic, I can't reconcile anything that you have to say with anything constituting a relevant comment. If I were a schoolteacher grading your posts, I'd be forced to assume that you have no understanding of logic. 'Pillow biters' FFS I'm agreeing with you, you ******* dimwit. Steve needs a new club, we need two new keepers. **** OFF.

We have one internationally recognised goal keeper and it is not SM. Despite this I wanted three new keepers. WTF do you mean by internationally recognised keeper? Certainly not someone who can't even displace a fairly old second choice. Keep taking yourself seriously and get back to your village and abuse the passers by which is clearly your job.

Ogilvy
20-06-2017, 07:35 PM
I'll pop Mandana in the Edgar David's box.
Every one says world class, but in a Palace shirt little more than a thief. Makes you appreciate the players we sign from more humble beginnings. I'm assuming the Bayern recruitment team haven't refreshed YouTube for a year or so....

grand aigle
20-06-2017, 07:38 PM
We have one internationally recognised goal keeper and it is not SM. Despite this I wanted three new keepers. WTF do you mean by internationally recognised keeper? Certainly not someone who can't even displace a fairly old second choice. Keep taking yourself seriously and get back to your village and abuse the passers by which is clearly your job.

Strange how you call yourself a Palace fan, yet you are unable to post on here without insulting fellow fans, isnt it??? Just because someone disagrees with your welsh view of the world they are 'pillowbiters' (whatever you think that is), or idiots or worse...you really a very odd person aren't you??

Oli28
20-06-2017, 08:59 PM
I'll pop Mandana in the Edgar David's box.
Every one says world class, but in a Palace shirt little more than a thief. Makes you appreciate the players we sign from more humble beginnings. I'm assuming the Bayern recruitment team haven't refreshed YouTube for a year or so....
Edgar Davids was 39!

I don't think anyone thought a 39 year old was world class but he certainly was when he was in his prime. Also Davids quit after about a month so hardly a thief.

Lego Knight
20-06-2017, 09:02 PM
To stand out as being odd on this website, you need to be a fully blown whackjob.

It's kind of impressive really.

:D

It's an amazing effort, you can't fault the man's zeal for defending Wayne. No matter how misguided it is.

Oli28
20-06-2017, 09:13 PM

It's an amazing effort, you can't fault the man's zeal for defending Wayne. No matter how misguided it is.
He was similarly mad about Freedman a couple of years ago as he is about Hennessey/Mandanda nowadays. You know the type.

red&blue_moomin
20-06-2017, 10:49 PM
I think he's related to Wayne....

Owngoal
20-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Strange how you call yourself a Palace fan, yet you are unable to post on here without insulting fellow fans, isnt it??? Just because someone disagrees with your welsh view of the world they are 'pillowbiters' (whatever you think that is), or idiots or worse...you really a very odd person aren't you??

You continually attack me sparrow hawk, just because I was one of the first to point out Steve was at best average and later a thief for taking wages from the club, also to the morons who chanted SStteeevvveee when he had done nothing. Pretty obvious those who attack me for pointing it out are the chanting nutjobs

Owngoal
20-06-2017, 11:57 PM

Where am I defending Wayne? This thread is about the wish to get rid of a parasite and his hanger ons who abuse me for pointing out Steve is not worthy of any defence

Lego Knight
21-06-2017, 12:46 AM
Where am I defending Wayne? This thread is about the wish to get rid of a parasite and his hanger ons who abuse me for pointing out Steve is not worthy of any defence

I cannot be bothered to trudge through 800 pages on the Wayne Hennessey thread to find the posts where you favour him over Steve.

Your hate of SM is over the top. Why don't you go as nuts about how poor Jordan Mutch has been, surely he's 'stolen' his wage to? It's a real disappointment Mandanda hasn't worked out, but it happens in football. He had a very good record at OM which is why people rate him, and we never really saw enough of him here to know any better.

SM will surely leave this window, so why don't you just relax, safe in the knowledge he'll be gone soon.

Owngoal
21-06-2017, 09:23 AM
I cannot be bothered to trudge through 800 pages on the Wayne Hennessey thread to find the posts where you favour him over Steve.

Your hate of SM is over the top. Why don't you go as nuts about how poor Jordan Mutch has been, surely he's 'stolen' his wage to? It's a real disappointment Mandanda hasn't worked out, but it happens in football. He had a very good record at OM which is why people rate him, and we never really saw enough of him here to know any better.

SM will surely leave this window, so why don't you just relax, safe in the knowledge he'll be gone soon.

Mutch is an awful player but was WILLING TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB, ditto several others such as our ex Spurs fullback

Why do all you Steve lovers not acknowledge that? Because you look......

No clean sheets and no MoM.................

Yeah, but abuse the person who points that out to you

grand aigle
21-06-2017, 09:41 AM
You continually attack me sparrow hawk, just because I was one of the first to point out Steve was at best average and later a thief for taking wages from the club, also to the morons who chanted SStteeevvveee when he had done nothing. Pretty obvious those who attack me for pointing it out are the chanting nutjobs

Thanks for proving my point. Even now you still cant post without insults can you?? I dont care what you say, I believe you dont like Mandanda because he is black and French......everything you post points to that, specially your post re French no.2 which you said was an apt description......you are such a nice bloke arent you??

Your quote...
NO ONE ELSE WANTS THE GLORIOUS FRENCH NUMBER TWO (very apt description for what he is)

FYI Im not a 'Steve lover" , I just believe that your hero Wayne is not very good and needs to go...(didnt you say he would go at the end of last season, how did that work out)

SilentAssassin
21-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Would be quite funny if Mandanda stays and goes on to have a decent season after Owngoals continual outbursts on him. :D

meee
21-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Would be quite funny if Mandanda stays and goes on to have a decent season after Owngoals continual outbursts on him. :D

Would be even funnier if he did actually end up as Bayern's number 2 and played a key role in a Champions League win for them."But at least we've got Hennessey."

grand aigle
21-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Owngoal would spontaneously combust were that the case!

regal_eagle
21-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Is this guy STILL banging on about him? Must secretly fancy him or something.

grand aigle
21-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Is this guy STILL banging on about him? Must secretly fancy him or something.

Its no secret!!!

Marksf
21-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Is Owngoal winding everyone up or is he genuinely like this?

Owngoal
21-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Is Owngoal winding everyone up or is he genuinely like this?

He has multiple personalities and but each one of them thinks Steve is one of the worse players we have ever signed and those who attack each personality can't explain why they defend him. Only other player like this was St Jimmy Kebe

Nostrils
22-06-2017, 07:51 AM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/crystal-palace-accused-provocation-transfer-talks/

PauLo
22-06-2017, 09:28 AM
He has multiple personalities and but each one of them thinks Steve is one of the worse players we have ever signed and those who attack each personality can't explain why they defend him. Only other player like this was St Jimmy Kebe

Jesus christ, behave.

palacedaz
22-06-2017, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=jimos_uk;13696488]It is nothing to do with being a hero you ******* imbecile. It's about the fact that he is an Internationally recoginised goalkeeper.

Yep totally forgot all those brilliant performances from the French Bench. His warm ups are superb and his tea making skills well never seen anything like it.

palacedaz
22-06-2017, 09:39 AM
I think/would hope the club see his position as untenable and get rid of the overhyped,unmotivated and greedy goalkeeper (was polite see)

mroakley9
22-06-2017, 09:50 AM
https://crystalpalace.sport-auction.com/2016-17-signed-home-shirt-mandanda.html?id=155735

owngoal please don't outbid me thanks

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Mr Anti Black French people is out in force again I see. :rolleyes:

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Mr Anti Black French people is out in force again I see. :rolleyes:

You are clearly a racist as it is all about what you do on the field and off it. Sakho is both French and black and could not be more different from the great keeper you wrongly said we were signing. Some expert you have shown yourself to be so you snipe at me because I remind you of your failures

Another great post by Latvian sparrow and the U12s reserve keeper for some obscure club
:S::S::S::S:

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 10:05 AM
You are clearly a racist as it is all about what you do on the field and off it. Sakho is both French and black and could not be more different from the great keeper you wrongly said we were signing. Some expert you have shown yourself to be so you snipe at me because I remind you of your failures

Another great post by Latvian sparrow and the U12s reserve keeper for some obscure club

How am I racist? What have I even said that is remotely racist you absolute clown. :D:clown:

U12s. Can you actually read? My Age is in the top right hand corner when I post.

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:06 AM
https://crystalpalace.sport-auction.com/2016-17-signed-home-shirt-mandanda.html?id=155735

owngoal please don't outbid me thanks

The way the bidding is going they will have to pay someone to take it......:supergrin:

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:16 AM
How am I racist? What have I even said that is remotely racist you absolute clown. :D:clown:

U12s. Can you actually read? My Age is in the top right hand corner when I post.

That is what is so worrying that you have been held back in the U12s all these years....

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 10:17 AM
That is what is so worrying that you have been held back in the U12s all these years....

Can you hold a conversation? Or do you just have to resort to insulting people?

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Its no secret!!!

You and Latvian sparrow should get together and have a kid who won't turn out to be a stalker like the pair of you have.........

palacedaz
22-06-2017, 10:20 AM
like you do.Insult people.

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:22 AM

Who called someone a racist and French hater - you dish out a slanderous remark but can't take it when it is given back. Try saying something semi-intelligent and not just attacking someone and you might just get an adult conversation.

PauLo
22-06-2017, 10:22 AM

Dude, just give it a rest. You're acting like a child.

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:23 AM

:p:p:p

Watch out or he might start on you

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 10:27 AM

Where have I insulted someone? I just stated fact given his obvious dislike of Mandanda and Kebe. Spot the links.

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Who called someone a racist and French hater - you dish out a slanderous remark but can't take it when it is given back. Try saying something semi-intelligent and not just attacking someone and you might just get an adult conversation.

Slanderous. The proof is in this thread you imbecile. :moo:

Danny boy
22-06-2017, 10:31 AM
For such a highly rated keeper he did make a lot of mistakes Imo. Even Hennessey would have that shot against Burnley for example.

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:51 AM
For such a highly rated keeper he did make a lot of mistakes Imo. Even Hennessey would have that shot against Burnley for example.

You just want him as a stalker don't you? Remember that he doesn't insult people unless they contradict him. Hennessy may not be perfect and had some stinkers but he kept a clean sheet and got MoM on here more that Latvians zero the hero.

palacedaz
22-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Where have I insulted someone? I just stated fact given his obvious dislike of Mandanda and Kebe. Spot the links.
Yep link spotted they are both crap. I don't want Mandanda here because he isn't very good,can't be bothered and has shown no respect to the club or team mates. Not because he is French and not because he is black.

Kebe on the other hand was just crap end of.

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:57 AM

So someone is a racist because they state the fact that two players have mugged the club. By your twisted logic I hate Scots and Northern Irish people because I can't stand the lying toads that managers Freedman and Dowie were.

Christ, you really do have psychological problems about thinking you are always right. Seriously, go and get some help. No one really cares what you think. I am going to try and stop myself responding to your stalking me and perhaps you will be happier if you stop doing it? :hi:

NateEagle
22-06-2017, 10:59 AM
So any actual news or just people arguing on here?

CP-RJW
22-06-2017, 11:20 AM
So any actual news or just people arguing on here?
The latter. Rather reminiscent of the "Mandanda:When is he back?" thread.

Jim Cannon
22-06-2017, 11:38 AM

Having been at the game I was fecking furious about the Burnley goal

GrayP41ace
22-06-2017, 11:51 AM

Like the bullet header at Villa yeah? Or the 1st Sunderland goal this season?

He ****ed up for that goal for sure, but lets not pretend ay......

GrayP41ace
22-06-2017, 11:54 AM
The way the bidding is going they will have to pay someone to take it......:supergrin:

Not sure if stupid on purpose, or just stupid? :confused:

GrayP41ace
22-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Genuine question, how many other goals were you furious about? Just as angry or more so.

He was bad for the goal, perhaps a bit unlucky that it dipped right under the bar as could have gone anywhere, but still bad regardless. But I can think of loads just as bad, or worse over the last 2 seasons?

Every 'Cha-Cha-Slide' free kick I've had to endure has wound me up far more, can even see it coming, and still pisses me right off!!

regal_eagle
22-06-2017, 11:59 AM

I'm wracking my brain to think of another on-pitch mistake he made, please tell me if you can remember any other specific instances - For OG's clarity, not getting a MOM award or a clean sheet DO NOT count.

The thing about that game and the Mandanda mess-up, no-one mentions the clusterf*ck of mistakes Scott Dann made in that game, trying to make 3 clearances, one of which hitting SM on the back of the head, before another swing and a miss, costing us the 1st goal.. OR the suicidal defending late on, let alone the woeful header from Ledley (quelle surprise) that lead up to the counter attack and Burnley's 3rd goal.

What also doesn't get mentioned is the double-save he made in the 2nd half.

As bad as that mistake was, letting the ball bounce under him and in the goal, ALL of the defensive players were making mistakes, so it's wrong to lay the blame of that defeat on his shoulders in my opinion.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2123335/burnley-3-crystal-palace-2-watch-highlights-ashley-barnes-is-the-hero-for-the-clarets-as-late-winner-bags-hosts-three-points/

So, which other game did he actually cost us points, and what were those specific mistakes? I've never heard a decent answer, so go for it OG & Co. (Links / Images to show these mistakes ARE required if you want to be taken seriously.)

Danny boy
22-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Like the bullet header at Villa yeah? Or the 1st Sunderland goal this season?

He ****ed up for that goal for sure, but lets not pretend ay......

Sure but I think most expected a lot more from a player with his reputation. In his last couple of games people were even wanting Hennessey back with every shot the opposition taking goes in.

The Leicester game for example I remember him getting a lot of criticism as well.

Jim Cannon
22-06-2017, 12:20 PM
I'm wracking my brain to think of another on-pitch mistake he made, please tell me if you can remember any other specific instances - For OG's clarity, not getting a MOM award or a clean sheet DO NOT count.

The thing about that game and the Mandanda mess-up, no-one mentions the clusterf*ck of mistakes Scott Dann made in that game, trying to make 3 clearances, one of which hitting SM on the back of the head, before another swing and a miss, costing us the 1st goal.. OR the suicidal defending late on, let alone the woeful header from Ledley (quelle surprise) that lead up to the counter attack and Burnley's 3rd goal.

As bad as that mistake was, letting the ball bounce under him and in the goal, ALL of the defensive players were making mistakes, so it's wrong to lay the blame of that defeat on his shoulders in my opinion.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2123335/burnley-3-crystal-palace-2-watch-highlights-ashley-barnes-is-the-hero-for-the-clarets-as-late-winner-bags-hosts-three-points/

So, which other game did he actually cost us points, and what were those specific mistakes? I've never heard a decent answer, so go for it OG & Co. (Links / Images to show these mistakes ARE required if you want to be taken seriously.)
I referred to one mistake nothing else, not sure why you are singling my post out. The thread is about Mandanda not Scott Dann or any other players

GrayP41ace
22-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Sure but I think most expected a lot more from a player with his reputation. In his last couple of games people were even wanting Hennessey back with every shot the opposition taking goes in.

The Leicester game for example I remember him getting a lot of criticism as well.

I agree with the first bit, I certainly expected more from him than 9 games, but allowing for a player to settle into a new back 4 having arrived back after all pre-season was done, I wasn't expecting perfection.

I don't remember that personally, a couple of poorer games people moaning perhaps, but Hennessey had a season of poor games and gaffs, and the every shot on target leading to a goal, well, that hasn't exactly changed either.

jmemour
22-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Mandanda is definitely a Frank de Boer style keeper. Maybe he's staying after all, wouldn't that be great?
:)

regal_eagle
22-06-2017, 01:37 PM
I referred to one mistake nothing else, not sure why you are singling my post out. The thread is about Mandanda not Scott Dann or any other players

The only reason being that's pretty much the only SM mistake that I can think of that directly lead to a goal. I wanted to hear others views on what else he had done to lead them to believe he is such a bad player, off-pitch things aside.

It was also more aimed towards OG as he's only really ever been able to pick out his lack of MOM award and clean sheet as 'proof' of SM being rubbish.

I can understand you being furious about that goal, after travelling all that way, but just for the purpose of balance I wanted to highlight mistakes others made on the pitch, but are never really picked up on. Probably because mistakes at the 2 ends of the pitch are most visible, whether a goalkeeping howler or missing an open-goal tap-in, goalkeepers and strikers not being able to hide amongst their team-mates so easily.

I maintain that behind a well-drilled solid back 4 he is a superior 'keeper to whom we have already, and what we have seen him produce surrounded by a clusterf*ck of mistakes by the teammates around him.

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Mandanda is definitely a Frank de Boer style keeper. Maybe he's staying after all, wouldn't that be great?

I would love that. If only to see Owngoal sobbing. :lux:

SilentAssassin
22-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Imagine :D Owngoal will loose his shit...

jimos_uk
22-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Imagine :D Owngoal will loose his shit...

If you align with that **** palacedaz, then frankly you lose whatever (questionable), credibility you might have.

With that said, I don't give a hoot. I would love to have a Mandanda engaged and playing. Whether that is possible or if too much water has gone under the bridge I don't know (like everyone else on here), but I sure as hell wouldn't mind having the quality of keeper that he was for Marseilles and France (he does have some caps you know, OG), playing for us.

FDB will judge and make a decision.

Jim Cannon
22-06-2017, 06:19 PM
The only reason being that's pretty much the only SM mistake that I can think of that directly lead to a goal. I wanted to hear others views on what else he had done to lead them to believe he is such a bad player, off-pitch things aside.

It was also more aimed towards OG as he's only really ever been able to pick out his lack of MOM award and clean sheet as 'proof' of SM being rubbish.

I can understand you being furious about that goal, after travelling all that way, but just for the purpose of balance I wanted to highlight mistakes others made on the pitch, but are never really picked up on. Probably because mistakes at the 2 ends of the pitch are most visible, whether a goalkeeping howler or missing an open-goal tap-in, goalkeepers and strikers not being able to hide amongst their team-mates so easily.

I maintain that behind a well-drilled solid back 4 he is a superior 'keeper to whom we have already, and what we have seen him produce surrounded by a clusterf*ck of mistakes by the teammates around him.

I haven't dismissed him as shit at all, and have never been convinced by Hennessey. Who knows with Manadanda maybe he just didn't settle but you never know, with a new gaffer he might possibly stay

CP-RJW
22-06-2017, 06:32 PM
I haven't dismissed him as shit at all, and have never been convinced by Hennessey. Who knows with Manadanda maybe he just didn't settle but you never know, with a new gaffer he might possibly stay
Hope so, if Frank can get Mandanda playing to the level most of us know he can, that'll be one less position to worry about this summer.

regal_eagle
22-06-2017, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jim Cannon;13700237]I haven't dismissed him as shit at all/QUOTE]

Again, that was aimed towards OG - the SM Abuser in Chief - and I am still waiting for a suitably thought-provoking reply from him/her. Not that I'll get one.

in-exile
22-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Yeah he just needs to drop 10 kg's and grow some balls..... Stealing 55K per week but doesn't want to play!
**** sell him and I will pay the airfare to Germany!

Latvian Eagle
22-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Can't you just pay for yourself to go to Germany? ;)

Owngoal
22-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Yeah he just needs to drop 10 kg's and grow some balls..... Stealing 55K per week but doesn't want to play!
**** sell him and I will pay the airfare to Germany!

The fact he didn't and doesn't want to play for the club and can't even displace Jules says it all. Some of the morons here show that there are many villages missing their idiots. No one remembers the terrible throws that he made putting our defenders under instant pressure. He was told to stop that by Pardew then looked like calamity Mandanda. I can't recall one game where I thought wow, this is the player we were told by SP and AP was going to be the best thing about our season. And I assume that the people hoping he might still stay can get a brain transplant. Hopefully he goes and Frank gets a top notch keeper from Holland. Hennessy had good and poor games last season but he wanted to play for the club. Clubs are fighting to sign Steve aren't they. I said there was nothing in it on the subject of the thread even though the usual idiots said it proved how great Steve was. Dream on

regal_eagle
22-06-2017, 11:08 PM
The fact he didn't and doesn't want to play for the club and can't even displace Jules says it all. Some of the morons here show that there are many villages missing their idiots. No one remembers the terrible throws that he made putting our defenders under instant pressure. He was told to stop that by Pardew then looked like calamity Mandanda. I can't recall one game where I thought wow, this is the player we were told by SP and AP was going to be the best thing about our season. And I assume that the people hoping he might still stay can get a brain transplant. Hopefully he goes and Frank gets a top notch keeper from Holland. Hennessy had good and poor games last season but he wanted to play for the club. Clubs are fighting to sign Steve aren't they. I said there was nothing in it on the subject of the thread even though the usual idiots said it proved how great Steve was. Dream on

The first point aside, you say the 'terrible throws', I remember one which Ledley couldn't control and lead to a goal (which match was that?), but which other match do you mean? Just specifics please OG :supergrin:

Owngoal
23-06-2017, 12:16 AM
The first point aside, you say the 'terrible throws', I remember one which Ledley couldn't control and lead to a goal (which match was that?), but which other match do you mean? Just specifics please OG :supergrin:

Odd that according to your fellow Steve lovers he was only responsible for one goal........

regal_eagle
23-06-2017, 12:36 AM
Odd that according to your fellow Steve lovers he was only responsible for one goal........

Which other goals then? That's what I'm asking.

Nostrils
23-06-2017, 06:33 AM

Sunderland away. We played some proper kamikaze football against that lot last season didn't we.

in-exile
23-06-2017, 06:36 AM
Can't you just pay for yourself to go to Germany? ;)I have done many times....also did the other year for the Union Berlin game....where were you?

in-exile
23-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Which other goals then? That's what I'm asking.How about the free kicks that he didn't bother even diving for.

in-exile
23-06-2017, 06:43 AM
The bigger question is what did he ever save? ...... picking up back passes to a chant of Steveeeee.....Cringeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Doesn't count for ****. 55K per week! ******* hell!

Oli28
23-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Sunderland away. We played some proper kamikaze football against that lot last season didn't we.
Yes but it's laughable to suggest that anyone other than Ledley was responsible for that goal

Nostrils
23-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Yes but it's laughable to suggest that anyone other than Ledley was responsible for that goal

Er, I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. If we played a few more balls like that in to Benteke, we would've finished above WBA.

Latvian Eagle
23-06-2017, 07:51 AM
I have done many times....also did the other year for the Union Berlin game....where were you?

Probably working. You know that thing most of us have to do.

in-exile
23-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Probably working. You know that thing most of us have to do.on a weekend in Summer......Poundland must be a s*** employer! ;)

grand aigle
23-06-2017, 08:17 AM
How about the free kicks that he didn't bother even diving for.

We were talking about Mandanda not Hennessey!

hdeagle
23-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Palace's valuation is likely to scupper any possible move as he has a 3 year contract and our valuation is way above what clubs wanting him are prepared to pay.

Latvian Eagle
23-06-2017, 09:30 AM
on a weekend in Summer......Poundland must be a s*** employer! ;)

I work for Southern. Believe it or not trains don't drive themselves on weekends. :rolleyes:

palacedaz
23-06-2017, 09:38 AM
If you align with that **** palacedaz, then frankly you lose whatever (questionable), credibility you might have.

With that said, I don't give a hoot. I would love to have a Mandanda engaged and playing. Whether that is possible or if too much water has gone under the bridge I don't know (like everyone else on here), but I sure as hell wouldn't mind having the quality of keeper that he was for Marseilles and France (he does have some caps you know, OG), playing for us.

FDB will judge and make a decision.
hello ****. The fact is he isn't very good and to his credit I believe he realised himself that the prem is a step up to much for him. Also **** if he was that good someone would pay what we want. Also **** no one in Europe wants him apart from OM. Also **** Pickford went for what 30m but no one wants the useless twat that can't be bothered. Speaks volumes I think ****.

Latvian Eagle
23-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Wow someone's discovered a new word today. :moo:

palacedaz
23-06-2017, 09:41 AM

2 goals at home to Liverpool spring to mind. Can't think of others at mo as he was such an insignificance I more or less forgot about him.

palacedaz
23-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Wow someone's discovered a new word today. :moo:
I think my points are valid though. Yes I got attacked on here so making another point aswell.

Celestial Empire
23-06-2017, 09:42 AM
The bigger question is what did he ever save? ...... picking up back passes to a chant of Steveeeee.....Cringeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Doesn't count for ****. 55K per week! ******* hell!

As a matter of interest, where did that ridiculous chant start from ?
Not only utterly cringeworthy, but it sounds as though the fans are taking the mickey, pointless and counter-productive.

Latvian Eagle
23-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Didn't we copy it from Marseille?

GrayP41ace
23-06-2017, 11:14 AM
How about the free kicks that he didn't bother even diving for.

Of all the subjects to bring up to slate a keeper and you choose free kicks ;):D

'Slide to the left' dum 'slide to the right' dum, 'take it out the net now yall'.....

GrayP41ace
23-06-2017, 11:25 AM

We earnt more points per game with him in the team, than without him.

He made the save of the season against Liverpool, he made several 1 on 1 saves in games we got points or won by the 1 goal, at key times, Bournemouth and Boro.

He conceded goals and he saved shots. Don't re-write history in the games he played, you have the ammo to have a pop in the games he didn't play, it makes you appear pretty daft to 'pretend' to further your point :p

Hennessey to his credit had a few good games, MoM in several games also, sadly for him MoM in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal, a 3-1 defeat to Southampton sums up the rest of the team, and doesn't really mean a great deal.

Just as not getting MoM in 3 wins and 2 draws from 9 games, doesn't mean a great deal for Mandanda.

Unless you are bat shit crazy like Owngoal of course :rolleyes:

regal_eagle
23-06-2017, 12:10 PM

Yep, that was the match with the 'terrible throw', but if you're (OG) blaming Mandanda for that goal, you're a numpty:
PbBWdn2altM
Ledley's fault all day long.

Also, we actually won that match 3-2 (3 goals against 30Mil Pickford) it featured Zeki's ONLY moment of note for CPFC, so to say SM cost us in that match is a complete lie. What's more, that game also showed a couple of great saves by SM, and the ineptitude of our back 4 at the time. Kamikaze football is a great description.

in-exile
23-06-2017, 12:15 PM
I work for Southern. Believe it or not trains don't drive themselves on weekends. :rolleyes:No holiday staff contracts?

Oli28
23-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Er, I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort.
I know you didn't. It was a comment on the discussion that you replied to.

regal_eagle
23-06-2017, 12:22 PM
2 goals at home to Liverpool spring to mind. Can't think of others at mo as he was such an insignificance I more or less forgot about him.

Their first goal went through Dann's legs and deflected in, so can't blame SM for that one.

The 2nd was a free header by Lovren, keeping Dann out of the way, from a Coutinho corner "Giving Mandanda no chance at all" (from commentary).

3rd goal was another (if not even 'free-er') header by Matip from another Coutinho corner. Granted SM probably could've done better as the ball flew above his head, but still, a difficult reflex save to make from so close with no defender making it difficult for Matip. "Crystal Palace defensively all over the place".

4th goal, defenders give Firminho all the time and space in the world, Tomkins and Dann left blaming each other. SM comes out, and it's chipped over him. Again SM could've done better, but he had to come out to narrow the angle due to the defensive mistake.

StOyr1mghtY

So which other matches did Mandanda 'mess up'?

Nostrils
23-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Yep, that was the match with the 'terrible throw', but if you're (OG) blaming Mandanda for that goal, you're a numpty:
PbBWdn2altM
Ledley's fault all day long.

Also, we actually won that match 3-2 (3 goals against 30Mil Pickford) it featured Zeki's ONLY moment of note for CPFC, so to say SM cost us in that match is a complete lie. What's more, that game also showed a couple of great saves by SM, and the ineptitude of our back 4 at the time. Kamikaze football is a great description.

I really can't understand how from my post you have got me blaming Mandanda. I refuse to wear the numpty hat on this occasion, the honour is all yours.

jaspercpfc
23-06-2017, 08:06 PM
thought this might materialise (although it's the Sun reporting it, so nothing certain)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3871750/crystal-palace-steve-mandanda-pre-season-training-disrespected/

Sp1Eagle
23-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Neil Ashton

Danny boy
23-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Overrated keeper.

Oli28
23-06-2017, 08:17 PM
I really can't understand how from my post you have got me blaming Mandanda. I refuse to wear the numpty hat on this occasion, the honour is all yours.
He's not said that

palacedaz
23-06-2017, 08:43 PM
thought this might materialise (although it's the Sun reporting it, so nothing certain)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3871750/crystal-palace-steve-mandanda-pre-season-training-disrespected/
The quicker we get him out the better 90,000 a week for an average keeper outrageous.

evvo111
23-06-2017, 09:04 PM
They can disrespect me all they want for the type of wage he was on. F*ck mine he's another precious tw*t.

in-exile
23-06-2017, 09:07 PM
The quicker we get him out the better 90,000 a week for an average keeper outrageous.Our chairman seemed to think it was the signing of the season!!! :rolleyes:

palacedaz
23-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Our chairman seemed to think it was the signing of the season!!! :rolleyes:
It was. The worse signing of the season and that includes remy for me.

jimos_uk
23-06-2017, 09:13 PM
It was. The worse signing of the season and that includes remy for me.

Mandanda managed to walk onto the pitch a few times without getting injured.

mpfn
23-06-2017, 09:14 PM
If they won't pay the 4 million transfer fee, keep him here, and don't pay his wages if he refuses to return.
We'll save the 4 million in wages, everyone's a winner Rodney !
Luvly jubbly.

spt1978
23-06-2017, 11:32 PM
**** him, let him rot.

Nostrils
23-06-2017, 11:35 PM
**** him, let him rot.

Ha ha ha! This, **** him if it's true.

Owngoal
23-06-2017, 11:49 PM
I cannot believe the quoted wages of 90,000 a week as previously been mentioned as 55. Amazing how people are beginning to realise I was right about the c**t but of course they won't apologise for their moronic remarks about let's play him next season. As I said, so many villages missing their idiots.
:lux::lux::D

Owngoal
23-06-2017, 11:50 PM

:p:p:p

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
23-06-2017, 11:51 PM
If they won't pay the 4 million transfer fee, keep him here, and don't pay his wages if he refuses to return.
We'll save the 4 million in wages, everyone's a winner Rodney !
Luvly jubbly.

Yep. Make him run out his contract on zero quid a week for his zero effort and zero worth to us. Would love to paralyze and ruin his career. Scumbag egoc*nt that is emblematic of all that is wrong with football. Hope he dies of anal herpes.