PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Summer clear out

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Rhino
06-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Who would you offload? Looking at our squad now I'd be happy to see approx 18 pros leave and quite a few youth team players. Feels like the whole squad needs a complete overhaul.

maestro
06-05-2017, 07:50 PM
I cant work out how we can possibly replace all the deadwood and have cash left over to get in a bit of quality

We need atleast

2 keepers
2 CB's
2 Midfielders
2 Strikers

Windsor_Eagle
06-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Keep:

Speroni (as 3rd choice)
Ward
Dann
Kelly
Tomkins
PvA
Schlupp
?Souare?
Luka
McArthur
Punch
Townsend
Zaha
Benteke
Cabaye
Wickham

The rest to go. Add in:

2 x new keepers
2 x CBs (one is hopefully Sahko)
1 x RB
2 x CMs
1 x Winger
1 x Striker

There is our 25. See if we can have a few U21s in there too.

If we go down, well that is a totally different picture that I don't want to have to consider until I absolutely have to.

davemorris04
06-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Hennessey, Mandanda, Delaney, Kelly, Ward, Flamini, Sako, Lee, Mutch, Campbell, Remy, Ledley, Fryers, Williams, Puncheon.

A couple of them like Ward could stay as backups only.

Billy Rhino
06-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Hennessey, Mandanda, Delaney, Kelly, Ward, Flamini, Sako, Lee, Mutch, Campbell, Remy, Ledley, Fryers, Williams, Puncheon.

Not sure about Puncheon but otherwise agree and would include Appiah, Anderson, J Benteke and possibly Souare if he doesn't recover, although if he does I'd prefer to see PVA sold.

Saddest thing is the collective worth of those players is relative peanuts, although a lot are out of contract.

davemorris04
06-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Not sure about Puncheon but otherwise agree and would include Appiah, Anderson, J Benteke and possibly Souare if he doesn't recover, although if he does I'd prefer to see PVA sold.

Saddest thing is the collective worth of those players is relative peanuts, although a lot are out of contract.

True, the only player who would raise money is Zaha, and we can't sell him.

I didn't even bother with those youth/fringe players but agree that they should go. With Puncheon though we need to let go of the whole he's Palace through and through thing, he's been rubbish for most of the last two seasons.

TAK
06-05-2017, 09:04 PM
possibly Souare if he doesn't recover, although if he does I'd prefer to see PVA sold.

You what?

Stavros 69
06-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Is Tom 'athlete' Soares still about?

Billy Rhino
06-05-2017, 10:06 PM
It's quite simple, we don't need or can afford three left backs on PL money. If we get the same Souare back as before then I think he is better than PVA, hence we should try and sell. However if Souare doesn't fully recover then sadly we should look to offload him.

Billy Rhino
06-05-2017, 10:07 PM

He was "immense", or was that Shipperley.

Thefunkymonk
06-05-2017, 10:16 PM
With the championship on The horizon.. erm.. everyone

rudis flatop
06-05-2017, 10:27 PM
With the championship on The horizon.. erm.. everyone

Stop your Doom mongering shit you utter tool

redsox
06-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Listening to Sam and watching his body language Sam might be the first to go. He seemed so different during his interview like he has not only run out of players but run out of enthusiasm and ideas. Unless certain players come back he really cannot see where the next points will come from

PALACEWU
06-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Listening to Sam and watching his body language Sam might be the first to go. He seemed so different during his interview like he has not only run out of players but run out of enthusiasm and ideas. Unless certain players come back he really cannot see where the next points will come from
We all become psychologists and mystic megs when actually we lost 5 nil, you'd be despondent on any day.

Windsor_Eagle
06-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Indeed. We all start making our nooses after every defeat - imagine how it must feel when you have been tasked with winning the game only to see your efforts disintegrate into a shower of shit.

Cannot read into SA's mood after today.

Billy Rhino
06-05-2017, 11:20 PM
He's probably also mystified how a Premier League club doesn't have any young defenders in the squad he could bring in during an emergency.

Admittedly having three key CBs out at the same time is very unlucky but our squad depth is poor.

Gyro1780
06-05-2017, 11:31 PM
SO MUCH SHITE IN THIS THREAD IT NEEDS CLOSING.

Sell PvA as we have 3 LB's?
I thought Schlupp was more of a winger but can play LB if needed? That leaves us with two.
Do you really think Souare will play next season? I don't think so but i hope he fully recovers.
That leaves us with PvA.

We're not going to release all those players & be able to afford replacements.

If we stay up which we will do i can only see us signing 4 maybe 5.
1xGK
1xCB (2 if we let Delaney go)
1xMid (Punch replacement)
1xST

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-05-2017, 11:43 PM

I thought Schlupp was more of a winger but can play LB if needed? That leaves us with two.
Do you really think Souare will play next season? I don't think so but i hope he fully recovers.
That leaves us with PvA.

1xGK
1xST
We'll make a couple of loan signings again too I suspect.

Anyway, I have to say I find threads like this so premature. How can we discuss what we need when we don't know which league we'll be in yet. If we go down there will be a completely different plan and approach in place.

aashman12
07-05-2017, 06:50 AM
I cant work out how we can possibly replace all the deadwood and have cash left over to get in a bit of quality

We need atleast

2 keepers
2 CB's
2 Midfielders
2 Strikers

2 RBS

El Aguila
07-05-2017, 07:27 AM
True, the only player who would raise money is Zaha, and we can't sell him.

I didn't even bother with those youth/fringe players but agree that they should go. With Puncheon though we need to let go of the whole he's Palace through and through thing, he's been rubbish for most of the last two seasons.

Does that mean the three players we spent nearly 40 million quid on, four months ago, have lost all their value in that time?

Jon_C-Pal
07-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Problem is of we do go down we will say goodbye to Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, Townsend and possibly Dann to a newly promoted team. To think of the shit we would be left with that we watched yesterday is depressing. Our back up team wouldn't be good enough for the championship and that is our biggest worry as we couldn't afford to replace half the amount of players we'd need too.

Lee sinnots ear
07-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Out.... all 3 keepers Damo, Kelly,Puncheon ,Flamini,Much,Lee,Sako, Ledley, Remmy, Campbell,Fryers, J Benteke

That's 15 by my count and opinion and the worrying thing is, other than Mandanda not one would go to a top league. It just shows you how weak our squad is.

This also shows you why we are in the shit now because lose anyone in our first 11 and we have nothing in reserve.

A busy summer me thinks:jerkit:

Windsor_Eagle
07-05-2017, 08:27 AM
If we went down, the squad that we'd likely be left with is:

Hennessey
Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
PvA
Schlupp
McArthur
Luka
Puncheon
?Townsend?
Wickham
Campbell (if we renew his contract)
Lee
Ledley (if we renew his contract)

To suggest that squad is not good enough for the championship is bollox.

the drexciyan
07-05-2017, 08:32 AM

Pretty much how I see it too, with maybe Ward and Puncheon going to squad status.

Mr Palace
07-05-2017, 08:36 AM
If we went down, the squad that we'd likely be left with is:

Hennessey
Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
PvA
Schlupp
McArthur
Luka
Puncheon
?Townsend?
Wickham
Campbell (if we renew his contract)
Lee
Ledley (if we renew his contract)

To suggest that squad is not good enough for the championship is bollox.

I doubt we'd be able to keep Tomkins, Luka or PvA who gutlessly left the Sunderland sinking ship when the going got tough. He wouldn't stay with us.

We'd probably be a mid table championship team like villa.

Mr Palace
07-05-2017, 08:37 AM

With respect, that is a load of old bollocks. No one is going to be happy after losing 5-0.

Billy Rhino
07-05-2017, 09:16 AM

That leaves us with PvA.

1xGK
1xST

What a bizarre post, PVA is the worst defender of the three (he's a wing back not a left back from what I've seen, which is why Allardyce played him there ahead of PVA) plus I clearly said only if Souare recovers fully i.e. the player we had pre-injury.

Half of the players mentioned are leaving anyway as they're out of contract but we clearly need to offload Mutch, Lee, Mandanda and probably Sako (who I like but doesn't feel like we've seen the best of). Ward and Puncheon I'm not sure about, they both seem to be inconsistent in different ways and we need more reliable players.

CharlieCPFC
07-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Why would you sell our best left back is the first thing I'd ask of this thread? Sam clearly loves PVA and you'd sell him at the hope of Souare returning to his old self after a horrific injury. Madness.

And I actually rate PVA more than Souare too.

There will be loads going and rightly so, Mandanda, Delaney, Fryers, Flamini, Ledley, Lee, Sako, Mutch, Williams, Campbell, Remy i all expect to leave which creates a lot of room in the squad to be filled and a lot of wages freed up.

This is a massive summer for us, we need shaping up for the next 2-3 years and we may just escape Pardew's absysmal squad he assembled and fill it with quality on top of what is a very, very strong 11 we have. I fully trust Sam to do so, but he will need the resources in order to do so. We need quality not quantity, it's a lesson we've learnt.

1 solid keeper - Pickford to compete with Hennessey and Speroni
1 right back - to compete with Ward maybe even pipping him. Someone with more confidence and drive going forward with the ball.
2 center halves - Sakho no explanation needed and someone younger to fill Delaney's boots. Considering Dann isn't getting any younger.
2 center midfielders - were so light and timid in the middle it's painful. We crave some more energy in there, Loftus Cheek or Seri with a more defensive minded midfielder as Luka will no doubt get suspended at some point next season.
1 winger - were light out wide, if Townsend or Zaha get injured we are in shit. Someone like Traore who can develop and wait for his chance.
2 forwards - direct replacements for Campbell and Remy, we've been lucky in the second half of the season with Benteke. Defoe and another.

orp pisshead1
07-05-2017, 10:59 AM
I doubt we'd be able to keep Tomkins, Luka or PvA who gutlessly left the Sunderland sinking ship when the going got tough. He wouldn't stay with us.

We'd probably be a mid table championship team like villa.

Good re Pva he's bloody toilet :D

Bones14
07-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Admittedly we need a rather large turnover of players. Problem is, its going to take a few years to achieve it.
Also, the ones most want rid of are worth bugger all in the market, and the ones we will want will cost a fortune.
More hidden gems required from overseas I reckon along with one or two key players known to us all.
Good luck Sam.

eagle101
07-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Cut:
Flamini
Remy
Hennessey
Lee
J Benteke
Ledley
Fryers
Sako
Mandanda

Keep:
Ward
Van Aanholt
Tomkins
Dann
Townsend
Zaha
Sakho (if at all possible)
C Benteke
McArthur
Wickham
Delaney (as I have a feeling he already has an extra year)
Milivojević
Schlupp
Kelly

Unsure:
Williams - because I just can't bear to write it down :(
Campbell - should go unless happy to stay as 4th choice for cheap
Speroni - fine as 3rd choice
Cabaye - undoubted quality but getting older, unreliable fitness-wise, can probably get decent funds from him and take his wages off the books
Kaikai - would love him to get a chance but I honestly wouldn't know if that will happen
Puncheon - sad, but I can't help but feel he's very much on the wane

Dave Hedgehog
07-05-2017, 11:50 AM
SO MUCH SHITE ON THIS WEBSITE IT NEEDS CLOSING.

Agree entirely.

orp pisshead1
07-05-2017, 12:33 PM
SA recently said we'll be looking to bring in 4-7 players. Quoted from the excellent junior eagles Q&A session.

Gyro1780
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM
What a bizarre post, PVA is the worst defender of the three (he's a wing back not a left back from what I've seen, which is why Allardyce played him there ahead of PVA) plus I clearly said only if Souare recovers fully i.e. the player we had pre-injury.

Half of the players mentioned are leaving anyway as they're out of contract but we clearly need to offload Mutch, Lee, Mandanda and probably Sako (who I like but doesn't feel like we've seen the best of). Ward and Puncheon I'm not sure about, they both seem to be inconsistent in different ways and we need more reliable players.

PvA is the best LB we have.
Schlupp looks ok at LB too but not as good as van Aanholt.

Yes a lot of these players maybe out of contract but if we let them all go where do you think we're going to find the money to replace them all.
I think some will be given new 1-2 year deals & replaced in a year or 2 depending what league we're in.
Some people seem to think we can get rid of 10 or so players & sign 10 replacements. Not going to happen.

richdeniro
07-05-2017, 03:43 PM
A lot of the players that we need to shift won't interest many Premier League teams except perhaps the promoted ones so we'll have to hope some of the richer Championship clubs show interest. Would be useful if Pardew gets a job at a club with a bit of cash and comes in for a few of them.

gold76
07-05-2017, 03:54 PM
I wonder if Pard's will end up at Norwich

Gyro1780
07-05-2017, 04:01 PM

Poor Norwich.

gold76
07-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Indeed!

Billy Rhino
07-05-2017, 04:25 PM
PvA is the best LB we have.
Schlupp looks ok at LB too but not as good as van Aanholt.

Yes a lot of these players maybe out of contract but if we let them all go where do you think we're going to find the money to replace them all.
I think some will be given new 1-2 year deals & replaced in a year or 2 depending what league we're in.
Some people seem to think we can get rid of 10 or so players & sign 10 replacements. Not going to happen.

The game is all about opinions, from what I've seen of both so far I rate Schlupp as a far more committed player defensively, which is surprisingly given he has always generally been a winger. PVA, although clearly talented, looks a lot less interested and from what I've seen is a very poor defender, which is probably why Allardyce continually has him on the bench instead of Schlupp.

Each season there is normally a movement of about 10 senior players in and out (including loans) and this season has been no different so I see no reason why it wont be again.

Our squad is really quite old now. All our midfielders bar Luka are 30 and over and many more of the squad are either there or close (can you believe Lee & Sako will both be 29 this summer and Tomkins is already 28?).

Of our out of contract players I'm fairly sure Fryers, Flamini, Ledley, Campbell & Hennessey will go. Speroni & Delaney may be offered contracts as last resort squad players but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them go.

We clearly need to sell Mutch & Mandanda and Lee & Sako probably need to go too. Of those 11 players which 5-6 do you think we will keep then? What value does keeping these ageing players that rarely play in the squad going to achieve?

Lee sinnots ear
07-05-2017, 04:27 PM

I played golf the other day with a Norwich season ticket holder and he who seemed to be in the know said "over everyone's dead bodies "

As I've just said in another thread he might be up to being assistant mgr.at Dagenham and Redbridge that is south his level.

French Eagle
07-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Everyone's forgetting Souare while discussing left backs. Will he ever play again ?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
07-05-2017, 06:33 PM
I played golf the other day with a Norwich season ticket holder and he who seemed to be in the know said "over everyone's dead bodies "

As I've just said in another thread he might be up to being assistant mgr.at Dagenham and Redbridge that is south his level.

He's not that good

Gyro1780
07-05-2017, 06:47 PM
The game is all about opinions, from what I've seen of both so far I rate Schlupp as a far more committed player defensively, which is surprisingly given he has always generally been a winger. PVA, although clearly talented, looks a lot less interested and from what I've seen is a very poor defender, which is probably why Allardyce continually has him on the bench instead of Schlupp.

Rubbish!! van Aanholt has only just come back from injury. That's why Schlupp was picked ahead of him. Now PvA is fit he starts ahead of Schlupp.

Each season there is normally a movement of about 10 senior players in and out (including loans) and this season has been no different so I see no reason why it wont be again.

Our squad is really quite old now. All our midfielders bar Luka are 30 and over and many more of the squad are either there or close (can you believe Lee & Sako will both be 29 this summer and Tomkins is already 28?).

Since when has Tomkins been a midfielder?

Of our out of contract players I'm fairly sure Fryers, Flamini, Ledley, Campbell & Hennessey will go. Speroni & Delaney may be offered contracts as last resort squad players but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them go.

We clearly need to sell Mutch & Mandanda and Lee & Sako probably need to go too. Of those 11 players which 5-6 do you think we will keep then? What value does keeping these ageing players that rarely play in the squad going to achieve?

I think we'll keep Hennessey but as a number 2 next season (or at least i hope so) I'm sure others will be sold/released but my point is we cannot afford to replace them all so it will be done over the next year or two. I expect some players will be given a 2 year contract extension so we can sell them next summer instead of letting them go on a free? Just my opinion.

Gyro1780
07-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Everyone's forgetting Souare while discussing left backs. Will he ever play again ?

Maybe (i hope so) but don't think it will be next season. We may see him back at training later in the year & eased back into things? Just guessing really after his injury.

maestro
07-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Soaure should go out on loan first

Billy Rhino
07-05-2017, 07:13 PM
I think we'll keep Hennessey but as a number 2 next season (or at least i hope so) I'm sure others will be sold/released but my point is we cannot afford to replace them all so it will be done over the next year or two. I expect some players will be given a 2 year contract extension so we can sell them next summer instead of letting them go on a free? Just my opinion.

Hennessey was offered a contract last August but has clearly not accepted it. Wouldn't be surprised if an ex-manager of ours tapped him up. Otherwise who would you keep out of those players?

Re PVA yes he has started the last 2 games, looking awful in both, but previously was sub for quite a while. Yesterday SA picked Schlupp as the left sided defender ahead of him as he obviously thinks he is a better defender.

Btw I didn't say Tomkins was a midfielder. Read my post instead of trying to nitpick.

Gyro1780
08-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Re PVA yes he has started the last 2 games, looking awful in both, but previously was sub for quite a while. Yesterday SA picked Schlupp as the left sided defender ahead of him as he obviously thinks he is a better defender.

Absolute rubbish !!! The majority of the team have been poor the last few games. Not just van Aanholt.
No he wasn't. HE WAS INJURED & Allardyce eased him back. Why risk giving him a full game when just back from Injury.
Do you even watch the games? Doesn't seem like it.

Billy Rhino
08-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Absolute rubbish !!! The majority of the team have been poor the last few games. Not just van Aanholt.
No he wasn't. HE WAS INJURED & Allardyce eased him back. Why risk giving him a full game when just back from Injury.
Do you even watch the games? Doesn't seem like it.

Seriously go **** yourself if you can't have a reasonable discussion. I do go games and will be at the Hull game.

Gyro1780
09-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Seriously go **** yourself if you can't have a reasonable discussion. I do go games and will be at the Hull game.

No need to be rude is there? I thought we were having a reasonable discussion?
Just because your wrong about PvA you get abusive.

AJ
09-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Tbh I haven't been impressed with PvA at all, even in his first game he almost gifted Bournemouth a goal. I am not sure why he has been so poor, but for 13m we look like total mugs. On the other hand Shlupp looks a better deal as he is still young and although not a defender he has defended well in most games. I would like to see Shlupp further up the field as he is fast and strong and would hopefully be effective running at defenders.

ForzaPalace
09-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Tbh I haven't been impressed with PvA at all, even in his first game he almost gifted Bournemouth a goal. I am not sure why he has been so poor, but for 13m we look like total mugs. On the other hand Shlupp looks a better deal as he is still young and although not a defender he has defended well in most games. I would like to see Shlupp further up the field as he is fast and strong and would hopefully be effective running at defenders.

Without him we'd be 2 points worse off

MFBias
09-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Hmmm from what I can see you both got abusive.

wrightchipvcfc
09-05-2017, 10:54 AM
You might struggle to get rid of sako mutch or puncheon if they decided to sell him there wages would be a issue prob for the sought of clubs that would be interested in sighning them.

adman50
09-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Rid:

Sako - shame I think there is a player in there just too injury prone
Lee - "tidy" player but we does he actually do
Mutch - fraud
Delaney - with our thanks but your legs and head have gone
Hennessey - improved but still nowhere near the required standard
Fryers - 4th choice
Campbell - not the required level
Flamini - panic signing
Remy - crock
Ledley - has left on a free every stage of his contract...cheerio
Williams - this pains me but frankly I'd rather he move and play that rot in our reserves

PauLo
09-05-2017, 11:23 AM
There is not going to be a clear out. This isn't Fifa and the kind of changes mentioned in this thread are ludicrous. Yes, most names probably need to go, but not in one massive clear out.

Use your brain, people.

OldPeanutSeller
09-05-2017, 11:29 AM
I had a clear out this morning. I released one otter and drowned a weasel in the U-bend.

nickchev
09-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Rid:

Mutch - fraud
Fryers - 4th choice
Flamini - panic signing
Remy - crock
Williams - this pains me but frankly I'd rather he move and play that rot in our reserves

Good list to me. Agreed. What about Martin Kelly? 50/50 for me. Also Kwesi Appiah still there????

Kai
09-05-2017, 12:07 PM
I suppose which divisjon we'll play in next season will have a LOT to say on who stays and goes, but there is tons of dead weight in the squad

RisZero
09-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Why is anyone bothering to say "get rid of Remy" as if he is our player?

Maidstoned Eagle
09-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Good list to me. Agreed. What about Martin Kelly? 50/50 for me. Also Kwesi Appiah still there????

On loan in Norway

igl
09-05-2017, 01:06 PM
And we can't release Kelly - he's just signed a new contract, hence he will only go if Sam doesn't want him and if someone else does.
Personally I feel he's been excellent recently up until the City game..... definitely worth keeping in my book.

All_Fired_Up
09-05-2017, 01:26 PM
I think that there will be a number of players sold or contracts not renewed. Of the first team I think that ward and the fringe members need to go. that's lee, Mutch, Speroni, Delaney and we need to not renew the loan for Remy and we must sign Sakho from Liverpool, he is excellent.

Random*
09-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Personally I'd let Speroni, Fryers, Ledley and Remy go on their way at the end of their contracts. I'd love to see Jules still involved in the club though. I'd also sell Chungy, and possibly sell Cabaye too if the offer was right.

I'd renew Hennessey, Delaney (1 year), Flamini (1 year), Campbell, and sign Sakho (if we can afford), and look to bring in a new 1st choice keeper, 1st choice right back and 2 new starting midfielders.

Promote Kaikai to the 1st squad and when Wickham comes back he'll round out the 25.

MFBias
09-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Personally I'd let Speroni, Fryers, Ledley and Remy go on their way at the end of their contracts. I'd love to see Jules still involved in the club though. I'd also sell Chungy, and possibly sell Cabaye too if the offer was right.

I'd renew Hennessey, Delaney (1 year), Flamini (1 year), Campbell, and sign Sakho (if we can afford), and look to bring in a new 1st choice keeper, 1st choice right back and 2 new starting midfielders.

Promote Kaikai to the 1st squad and when Wickham comes back he'll round out the 25.

Flamini is old hat.

MFBias
09-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Why is anyone bothering to say "get rid of Remy" as if he is our player?

Makes them feel tough.

Owngoal
09-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Hopefully the story about Jules being given yet another year is codswallop (another role fine but not part of the 25). Those whose contracts are up are not good enough for a first 11 starting position where they perform well week in and week out. Some like Fryers and Campbell have been horror shows for the wages.
Fryers, Campbell, Delaney, Ledley, Jules, Hennessy, Flamini all need to go - Flamini has class but constantly injured.

Of the loans Remy can go back but clearly Sakho would be the most influential signing we could have.

The other Sako just needs to go to get his considerable wages gone even if on a free. Punch has done too little and we should let him go as he seems incapable of getting back to his best. Cabaye and Steve can go to OM if the suggested figure is true for Cabaye (back on a bit of form bur in his 30s and has not been worth the salary overall). Our third LB Souare may be worth keeping depending where we see our left wing support being. Then of course we have all forgotten Johnny W, a free would be the best thing for him and us.

Wickham could be the magic player we need to pair with Benteke, strong and a great finisher.

jmemour
09-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Speroni is absolutely fine as our number 3 keeper, he'll barely play but is still a good influence around the dressing room and will be cheap compared to finding a replacement.

25 man squad below... Bold ones are the ones who will definitely go/very likely to go. 8 players to replace before we've even started, that's if we don't even sell anyone from our first team. Busy summer ahead.

Benteke
Cabaye
Campbell
Dann
Delaney
Flamini
Fryers
Hennessey
Kelly
Ledley
Lee
Mandanda
McArthur
Milivojevic
Puncheon
Remy
Sakho
Sako
Schlupp
Speroni
Tomkins
Townsend
Van Aanholt
Ward
Zaha

Mr Palace
09-05-2017, 06:34 PM
This will be a big summer for refreshing squad and finally moving on some players who haven't contributed for a long time.

Must sell/release/end loan:

- Mandanda
- Fryers
- Delaney
- Mutch
- flamini
- Ledley
- Lee
- Remy
- Campbell

Could stay but ideally sell

- Hennessey
- Sako
- McArthur (I hope he doesn't go but if we could get a good fee...)
- Wickham (purely because he's not reliable despite being talented)

Youngsters probably better to move on:

You then have the likes of Williams, Boateng, Ladapo, Appiah, Anderson - all of whom I would sell. Harsh but none of them looks up to it at this level.

That leaves the following squad:

Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
Dann
PvA
Souare
Schlupp
Luka
Cabaye
Puncheon
Zaha
Townsend
KaiKai
Benteke
Possibly Sako

That would need about 10 new players but ideally one or two academy players who could make the step up. I see no point in keeping players like Mutch, Fryers, Lee, Flamini etc who add no value and are only blocking young players.

Pete79
09-05-2017, 06:46 PM

I agree with all this with the exception of Ward and Kelly who I think have played well under Allardyce. I'd possibly keep hold of Puncheon for a year but only as a back up and for his leadership in the squad. If we moved on all the rest it would free up wages etc. The question is how many will still be on contracts through the 17/18 season?

We need a 1st team keeper, CB and attacking midfielder at a minimum and assuming we don't lose anyone. A better RB than Ward would also be welcome (I rate him defensively but he doesn't offer a good enough attacking threat and is too slow). The squad needs to get younger, fitter and cheaper so it will be important to try and find a couple of young players from the 'lower leagues' who can step up. Easier said than done.

DARZET EAGLE
09-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Rid:

Mutch - fraud
Fryers - 4th choice
Flamini - panic signing
Remy - crock

Where have they gone to?:rolleyes:

DARZET EAGLE
09-05-2017, 10:07 PM
And we can't release Kelly - he's just signed a new contract, hence he will only go if Sam doesn't want him and if someone else does.
Personally I feel he's been excellent recently up until the City game..... definitely worth keeping in my book.

I agree. He seemed to thrive alongside Sakho, but was bemused by the defensive formation against City.

CPFCNomad
11-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Likely to leave: Mandanda; Fryers; Flamini; Ledley; Lee; Campbell; Appiah; Williams; Mutch; Boateng; Remy

Extend contracts: Speroni; Hennessey; Kelly; Delaney; Perntreou; Zaha

Bring in: Sakho; GK, RB/CB, CB/DM, CM, AM, ST

POTENTIAL 25 MAN SQUAD: July – January 2017/18

GKs
-- … (1st choice) ((Fabianski; Begovic; Pickford; Hart))
1. J. Speroni
13. W. Hennessey

FBs
-- … (Competition for Ward) ((Jenkinson; Trippier; Naughton; Sagna))
2. J. Ward
3. P. van Aanholt
23. P. Souare

CBs
5. J. Tomkins
6. S. Dann
12. M. Sakho (Sign permanently) ((Kone))
34. M. Kelly

CMs
-- ... (Replacement for Flamini – CB/DM) ((Kirchhoff; Mbodji))
-- … (Replacement for Ledley – CM) ((Loftus-Cheek))
7. Y. Cabaye
18. J. McArthur
28. L. Milivojevic

WFs
-- … (Replacement for Lee and competition for Puncheon – AM) ((Sigurdsson))
10. A. Townsend
11. W. Zaha
26. B. Sako
31. J. Schlupp
42. J. Puncheon

CFs
-- ... (Replacement for Remy and Campbell) ((Defoe; Abraham; Janssen; Rodriguez))
17. C. Benteke
21. C. Wickham

Owngoal
11-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Speroni is absolutely fine as our number 3 keeper, he'll barely play but is still a good influence around the dressing room and will be cheap compared to finding a replacement.

Not the attitude to have. His salary would get us a reasonable backup for third choice keeper, especially if it were an up and coming youngster or someone from aa cheap place abroad like Scandinavia. We are lucky that Hennessy has stayed fit otherwise if Jules played we have no one on the bench. I am sure Jules will stay around in some capacity but we need three keepers we can rely on. Newcastle had all three crocked year before. Delaney for exactly the same reason needs to go, although I think he has the background to be a very effective fitness coach. There is no room for sentiment in the 25. Bye to Johnny W for same reason.

Jukesy
11-05-2017, 12:15 PM
I haven't got much to add to this thread other than you can forget Mutch going ANYWHERE for the next two seasons. He is on a PL contract until June 2019 and no team would match his ridiculous wages.

22. Jordon Mutch (CM; Birmingham City, Hereford*, Doncaster*, Watford*, Cardiff, QPR) DOB: 02/12/1991 (40 apps, 0 goals) Contract till June 2019

Tim
11-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Bring in Dreher & KaiKai. Hopefully we'll have a better season so these guys can get some game time & hopefully push on from there..

Mr Palace
11-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Not the attitude to have. His salary would get us a reasonable backup for third choice keeper, especially if it were an up and coming youngster or someone from aa cheap place abroad like Scandinavia. We are lucky that Hennessy has stayed fit otherwise if Jules played we have no one on the bench. I am sure Jules will stay around in some capacity but we need three keepers we can rely on. Newcastle had all three crocked year before. Delaney for exactly the same reason needs to go, although I think he has the background to be a very effective fitness coach. There is no room for sentiment in the 25. Bye to Johnny W for same reason.

Speroni is more than good enough to be third choice. What type of keeper do you think is prepared to be our third choice keeper?

aashman12
11-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Sell cabaye. His absence is part of why we're in this shit run at the monent

Eagle Kneevil
11-05-2017, 12:39 PM
The irony is that Campbell may be the scorer of our most important goal this season: levelling it at Hull. He's fine as a squad player - good technical ability and non-disruptive.

aashman12
11-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Likely to leave: Mandanda; Fryers; Flamini; Ledley; Lee; Campbell; Appiah; Williams; Mutch; Boateng; Remy

POTENTIAL 25 MAN SQUAD: July January 2017/18

GKs
-- (1st choice) ((Fabianski; Begovic; Pickford; Hart))
1. J. Speroni
13. W. Hennessey

FBs
-- (Competition for Ward) ((Jenkinson; Trippier; Naughton; Sagna))
2. J. Ward
3. P. van Aanholt
23. P. Souare

CBs
5. J. Tomkins
6. S. Dann
34. M. Kelly

CMs
-- ... (Replacement for Flamini CB/DM) ((Kirchhoff; Mbodji))
-- (Replacement for Ledley CM) ((Loftus-Cheek))
7. Y. Cabaye
18. J. McArthur
28. L. Milivojevic

WFs
-- (Replacement for Lee and competition for Puncheon AM) ((Sigurdsson))
10. A. Townsend
11. W. Zaha
26. B. Sako
31. J. Schlupp
42. J. Puncheon

CFs
-- ... (Replacement for Remy and Campbell) ((Defoe; Abraham; Janssen; Rodriguez))
17. C. Benteke
21. C. Wickham

Mbodji is a cb and kirchoff is a sick note

Stavros 69
11-05-2017, 12:50 PM

POTENTIAL 25 MAN SQUAD: July January 2017/18

GKs
-- (1st choice) ((Fabianski; Begovic; Pickford; Hart))
1. J. Speroni
13. W. Hennessey

FBs
-- (Competition for Ward) ((Jenkinson; Trippier; Naughton; Sagna))
2. J. Ward
3. P. van Aanholt
23. P. Souare

CBs
5. J. Tomkins
6. S. Dann
34. M. Kelly

CMs
-- ... (Replacement for Flamini CB/DM) ((Kirchhoff; Mbodji))
-- (Replacement for Ledley CM) ((Loftus-Cheek))
7. Y. Cabaye
18. J. McArthur
28. L. Milivojevic

WFs
-- (Replacement for Lee and competition for Puncheon AM) ((Sigurdsson))
10. A. Townsend
11. W. Zaha
26. B. Sako
31. J. Schlupp
42. J. Puncheon

CFs
17. C. Benteke
21. C. Wickham
This is pretty much spot on, expect I'd expect Pape to move on, or go on loan.
Jeff took his place
Then we bring in an additional winger.

DARZET EAGLE
11-05-2017, 02:42 PM
I haven't got much to add to this thread other than you can forget Mutch going ANYWHERE for the next two seasons. He is on a PL contract until June 2019 and no team would match his ridiculous wages.

22. Jordon Mutch (CM; Birmingham City, Hereford*, Doncaster*, Watford*, Cardiff, QPR) DOB: 02/12/1991 (40 apps, 0 goals) Contract till June 2019

Unless the agree a paid up contract deal, but then they wouldn't get a fee for him.

DARZET EAGLE
11-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Speroni is more than good enough to be third choice. What type of keeper do you think is prepared to be our third choice keeper?

Speroni?

Mr Palace
11-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Speroni?

Exactly.

Ron Dogers
14-05-2017, 09:08 AM
This is pretty much spot on, expect I'd expect Pape to move on, or go on loan.
Jeff took his place
Then we bring in an additional winger.
?? PVA tok his place only because he was on an season long injury ticket and we had no decent left back. Jeff took PVAs place when he was out?

Some of the names on there were nonsense, Trippier will quite possibly be No 1 a Spuds because Walker could leave but the manager has always said he needs 2 top RBs and LBs because of the work they do.

Do you think guys like Pickford would come to a club that for the last two seasons has flirted so dangerously with relegation?

Personally I think Wardy has been a weak link this season, too easily done for speed and seems to drift too far inside and leave the right flank exposed too often.

Mictor Voses
14-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Half the reason I have such little confidence for a big game like today is that so much of our squad will be off at the end of the season no matter what. What have they got to play for?

CamberleyEagle
14-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Relegation looks bad on anyone's CV. Who would give Wayne a contract if he throws in the winner for Hull today? They'll be up for it, I'm sure.

Half the reason I have such little confidence for a big game like today is that so much of our squad will be off at the end of the season no matter what. What have they got to play for?

AJ
14-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Well we are staying up. I see Mutch, Lee, Fryers, Delaney, Mandanda, Campbell and Flamini leaving. Depending on money and replacements we could also see some of Kelly, Ward, Cabaye, McArthur, Hennessey and Sako leaving. Really that is too many unless we get 50m for one of our other players.

jimmy the gent
14-05-2017, 02:17 PM

I believe he's still playing in the lower leagues. Good bloke apparently.

PHIL BARBER
14-05-2017, 02:24 PM
BFS will look to add some height to the Midfield possibly one of his 1st signings , Wilf will probably go to Arsenal with Jenkinson, Chamberlain and cash coming our way.

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Out - remy ledley flamini Campbell Mutch fryers mandanda
In - Defoe sakho Heaton an attacking mid and jenkinson

maestro
14-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Seems like we need to spend quite a bit of dough

probably 60m for all those players

bloodfart
14-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Jenkinson can do one

Malarkey
14-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Jenkinson can do one

^

CP-RJW
14-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Jenkinson can do one
No better than Ward.

DARZET EAGLE
14-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Jenkinson can do one

I must agree, he stalled in January, we only want players with a desire to play for us.

Eagle's Nest
14-05-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't thinks we need a whole heap of new players next season.

Get rid of the obvious and bring in four:

Sakho
RB
AM
Speedy CF

Gyro1780
14-05-2017, 03:10 PM
I don't thinks we need a whole heap of new players next season.

Get rid of the obvious and bring in four:

Sakho
RB
AM
Speedy CF

GK (Hennessey needs replacing)

spt1978
14-05-2017, 03:56 PM
I expect the following to leave at a minimum:

Flamini
Remy
Campbell
Ledley
Fryers
Mandanda
Mutch
Appiah
Delaney
Sako

Following should leave if we receive offers:

Lee
Williams (Tough but unlikely he will make it here)

Sadly, I expect Speroni and Cabaye to also leave. Big summer ahead, need a GK, RB, CB (x2), CM, Winger and CF.

jobiinthelastmi
14-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Hennessey and Ledley first out the door please

917L
14-05-2017, 04:08 PM
I expect the following to leave at a minimum:

Flamini
Remy
Campbell
Ledley
Fryers
Mandanda
Mutch
Appiah
Delaney
Sako

Following should leave if we receive offers:

Lee
Williams (Tough but unlikely he will make it here)

Sadly, I expect Speroni and Cabaye to also leave. Big summer ahead, need a GK, RB, CB (x2), CM, Winger and CF.

Speroni has just signed a new contract, so he isnt going anywhere

Mictor Voses
14-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Ledley, Punch, Hennessey, Damo, Kelly, Sako, Lee, Campbell, Souare, Remy, Flamini, Mutch, Appiah, Anderson can all go.

Coming in we need a goalkeeper, a right back, two centre backs, an attacking midfielder, a defensive midfielder, a striker and a wide player.

Sam has done a terrific job keeping us up but has another huge job on his hands taking us forward.

jobiinthelastmi
14-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Ledley, Punch, Hennessey, Damo, Kelly, Sako, Lee, Campbell, Souare, Remy, Flamini, Mutch, Appiah, Anderson can all go.

Coming in we need a goalkeeper, a right back, two centre backs, an attacking midfielder, a defensive midfielder, a striker and a wide player.

Sam has done a terrific job keeping us up but has another huge job on his hands taking us forward.

Why sell Kelly? He's not first choice and he's shown he's more than adequate back up as a third choice. Where will you find someone that's willing to be back up and can step up like he has?

Bryan
14-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Don't think we can afford 7-8 players of the quality we need to imprive the depth of the squad. Think we will buy 4-5 with maybe 1 or 2 on loan.

Certainly the most exciting summer providing big Sam doesn't do a Tony on us. Can't see it myself. He knows he can make us very competitive in this league.

WE ARE STAYING UP!!

Bryan
14-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Why sell Kelly? He's not first choice and he's shown he's more than adequate back up as a third choice. Where will you find someone that's willing to be back up and can step up like he has?

Agree 100% good utility player who cover 2/3 positions.

With all players fit and if we can get Sakho we actually look OK with perhaps one addition to replace Damo and a right back.

We need the same kind of depth in midfield

Dannea
14-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Out -
Mandanda
Damo
Fryers
Ledley
Flamini
Bakary Sako
Lee
Campbell
Mutch
Remy

In -
GK (1st choice)
RB
2 x CB (1 x Mamado Sakho)
1 CM ( compatible at playing CAM)
2 x ST (1 x compatible of playing on wing)

zonin2000
14-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Is there _any_ chance of signing Steven N'Zonzi?

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 04:59 PM

That would be quaolity.. but no chance

Owngoal
14-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Think Cabaye will go because it will be for the right kind of fee and his age, sadly after being at his best.

CP-RJW
14-05-2017, 05:05 PM
The best midfielder at a quality champions league club? Can't see it unfortunately.

Gyro1780
14-05-2017, 05:43 PM

Don't think we'll be releasing that many as we would have to replace them. Remove Puncheon, Kelly, Lee (unless someone bids) Hennessey (No.2 next season) from your list.

We're not going to be signing 8 new players. 4 possibly 5.
1-2 expensive signings. Sakho? GK? with 2-3 others + 2 decent loans & i think we'll be ready.

mushroom
14-05-2017, 06:29 PM
If we sign Sakho, we'll have
Sakho
Tomkins
Dann
Kelly as centre backs... that's enough.

Want a RB to challenge Ward
Two CMs one GK
And a striker.

On the wings we'll have
Wilf
Townsend
Schlup
Kai-Kai

Up top
Benteke
Connor
New striker

The12thman
14-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Out -
Mandanda
Damo
Fryers
Ledley
Flamini
Bakary Sako
Lee
Campbell
Mutch
Remy

In -
GK (1st choice)
RB
2 x CB (1 x Mamado Sakho)
1 CM ( compatible at playing CAM)
2 x ST (1 x compatible of playing on wing)

That is quite feasible. Will depend on anyone taking Sako, Lee and Mutch. They may be loaners for next season until we can release them. Hopefully someone will come in for Sako for .

I think we might only sign 1ST but 2CMs depending on our outs this summer.

I'm hoping for Defoe, so we have Benteke, Defoe and Wickham.

in-exile
14-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Sam has done a terrific job keeping us up but has another huge job on his hands taking us forward.Out .. all our players! ...In .. the whole Real Madrid team!...:moo:

cpfc4evandeva
14-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Out
Mandanda
Hennessey
Remy
Campbell
J. Benteke
Ledley
Fryers
Flamini
Souare
Sako
Delaney
Appiah
Williams :(
Mutch :lux::lux::lux:

A heck of a lot of players really and very little, if any, resale value there. We really need to improve the transfer policy.

aj4england
14-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Out

Mandanda
Fryers
Lee
Campbell
Remy
Flamini
Ledley
Mutch

Possibles
Delaney

That will free up 150k up plus

Mictor Voses
14-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Out .. all our players! ...In .. the whole Real Madrid team!...:moo:

Eight are out of contract or are at the end of their loan agreement. Punch is not good enough anymore, neither Lee nor Sako have ever been good enough, Anderson can't get in Northampton's team, Souare has been unlucky with his injury but we really don't need three left backs, Appiah will never provide competition for Benteke and Wickham and the less said about Jordon Mutch the better.

Looking back at my original post the only player I may revise judgement on could be Kelly, but only as a fourth or fifth choice centre back. Would also show Fryers the door. Surely that's fair?

andreworam69
14-05-2017, 06:54 PM
More finds like Luka please proving to be an absolute bargain! Well done big sam!

Bryan
14-05-2017, 07:28 PM
If we sign Sakho, we'll have
Sakho
Tomkins
Dann
Kelly as centre backs... that's enough.

Want a RB to challenge Ward
Two CMs one GK
And a striker.

On the wings we'll have
Wilf
Townsend
Schlup
Kai-Kai

Up top
Benteke
Connor
New striker

That is almost uncannily exactly how I see it!

Bryan
14-05-2017, 07:32 PM
BTW, a Kante "type" player would really improve use I.e. Someone with huge energy in the centre of the park. Obviously plenty of other clubs will be looking for the same.

maestro
14-05-2017, 07:35 PM
BTW, a Kante "type" player would really improve use I.e. Someone with huge energy in the centre of the park. Obviously plenty of other clubs will be looking for the same.

Agree

We need more legs in midfield alongside Luka

Kai
14-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Should be one hell of a busy summer with loads of comings and goings.

orpingtoneagle
14-05-2017, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Windsor_Eagle;13615742]Keep:

Speroni (as 3rd choice)
Ward
Dann
Kelly
Tomkins
PvA
Schlupp
?Souare?
Luka
McArthur
Punch
Townsend
Zaha
Benteke
Cabaye
Wickham

The rest to go. Add in:

2 x new keepers
2 x CBs (one is hopefully Sahko)
1 x RB
2 x CMs
1 x Winger
1 x Striker

There is our 25. See if we can have a few U21s in there too.

Spot on Matey

Panther
14-05-2017, 08:11 PM
I can't argue too much with Windsor Eagle's selection but I suspect 9 incoming is a tad optimistic, especially since the ones omitted aren't likely to generate much cash.

gold76
15-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Fryers
Delaney
Ledley
Campbell
Remy (loan ending)
Flamini

All out of contract and will no doubt be freed

Mutch, Sako and Lee don't appear to figure in Sam's plans, but will be harder to shift as there may not be many takers

adrenalin john
15-05-2017, 11:02 AM
25 MAN SQUAD

GKs
New 1st choice
2. J. Speroni
3. W. Hennessey

FBs
4 New competition for Ward
5. J. Ward
6. P. van Aanholt
7 Schlupp

CBs
8. J. Tomkins
9. S. Dann
10. M. Sakho (Sign permanently or other)
11. M. Kelly

CMs
12. Y. Cabaye
13. J. McArthur
14. L. Milivojevic
15. Puncheon
16. New DM (no idea)
17. New AM (no idea, but a Sigurdson type player)

WFs
18. A. Townsend
19. W. Zaha
20. B. Sako
21 Kai Kai

CFs
22. New Forward (defoe)
23. C. Benteke
24. C. Wickham
25 J. Benteke

The three in bold are the priority, everywhere else we have cover from within the squad (ie both Puncheon and Schlupp can play on the wing, Kelly and Tomkins can go right back etc)

That means we let a lot of players go but hopefully wages wise we will remain neutral, with the likes of Ledley, Mandana, Campbell and Remy off the wage bill

thewill
15-05-2017, 11:09 AM
25 MAN SQUAD

25 J. Benteke

:(

adrenalin john
15-05-2017, 01:34 PM
:(

Him and brother comes as a package. As long Jonathan picks up the injuries and by doing so Christian stays clear of them all is good in the Palace world.

I laugh when people complain about Beneteke not throwing himself into crazy challenges and chasing down utterly lost causes.

He works hard but saves his energy and power for when it matters, and he ensures he doesn't get needlessly hurt. Had we lost him for a lengthy period this season we would have been in massive trouble.

Windsor_Eagle
15-05-2017, 01:40 PM
I can't argue too much with Windsor Eagle's selection but I suspect 9 incoming is a tad optimistic, especially since the ones omitted aren't likely to generate much cash.

I think most of those that I've advocated going are out of contract players. Thus, wages automatically freed up and squad places that will need filling (remember that 2 of those can be long term loans - which I assume we'd utilise if 9 were to be coming in).

I do agree though that us bringing in 9 seems a tad optimistic so I won't set my heart on it!

dmf73
16-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Let go..

W Hennessey
M Flamini
CY Lee
J Benteke
J Ledley
Z Fryers
J Williams
B Sako
D Delaney
S Mandanda
K Appiah

Stellavista
16-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Delaney is not going anywhere, unless we've given him a contract to get a fee.

Thefunkymonk
16-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Hennessey has signed a 2 year extension so isn't going anywhere people

Baffled Bob 2
16-05-2017, 10:19 AM

That's only so we can demand 70m when Barca come knocking

cpfcben
16-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Source?

johnnytemper
16-05-2017, 10:36 AM
The Guardian thinks that Delaney has signed a new deal as well (mentioned second last paragraph HERE (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/15/liverpool-mamadou-sakho-transfer-crystal-palace?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard)). Would be slightly surprised based on the last month or so, but that's not to say their information is wrong...

Martin H
17-05-2017, 03:38 AM
It's a relief to be worrying about our Premiership squad.

I have done it without double checking and could well have it wrong and so will check against others above. Out of the current squad/fringe I would let the following list of players go/sell. There may well be others from: Ladapo, Boateng (H), Andersen and Appiah but TBH it's hard enough working out the rest for now and so:

Out
Steve Mandanda
Zeki Fryers
Mathieu Flamini
Joe Ledley
Lee Chung-yong
Loic Remy
Jordan Mutch
Jonathan Williams
Bakary Sako

It's a mixture of expired contracts, frees and low fee transfers plus an expired loan. I had expected Damo to be in this list but it is being reported (apparently?) that he is staying another year. By definition we are also 'losing Sakho' at this point and so there are 8 x '25' places to fill before considering other upgrades. We have Wickham and Souare to return (hopefully) from long term injury. So I think that means a min of 6 new players/loans. In addition to that I expect there might be another CB out and in. But will think on the positions of the 'Ins' later.

I am still puzzled (as I have posted a few times now) re Damo's extension because it does pose some questions over the shape of the 25 and/or other moves.

N Herts Eagle
17-05-2017, 05:35 AM
25 MAN SQUAD

GKs
New 1st choice
2. J. Speroni
3. W. Hennessey

FBs
4 New competition for Ward
5. J. Ward
6. P. van Aanholt
7 Schlupp

CBs
8. J. Tomkins
9. S. Dann
10. M. Sakho (Sign permanently or other)
11. M. Kelly

CMs
12. Y. Cabaye
13. J. McArthur
14. L. Milivojevic
15. Puncheon
16. New DM (no idea)
17. New AM (no idea, but a Sigurdson type player)

WFs
18. A. Townsend
19. W. Zaha
20. B. Sako
21 Kai Kai

CFs
22. New Forward (defoe)
23. C. Benteke
24. C. Wickham
25 J. Benteke

The three in bold are the priority, everywhere else we have cover from within the squad (ie both Puncheon and Schlupp can play on the wing, Kelly and Tomkins can go right back etc)

That means we let a lot of players go but hopefully wages wise we will remain neutral, with the likes of Ledley, Mandana, Campbell and Remy off the wage bill I think in terms of the squad your right except there will be one less WF and one more CB. Sam builds from the back and Schlupp can play the WF if needed. Opens the space for Delaney I do wonder what happens with Papa when fit.
I dont think the J Benteke is likely he will be off on loan to gain experience

Mr Palace
17-05-2017, 07:14 AM

I suppose he is an ok second choice keeper.

McpfcS
17-05-2017, 08:19 AM

Why does everyone think a player signing a new contract = they are staying?

McpfcS
17-05-2017, 08:20 AM
I suppose he is an ok second choice keeper.

He's not. Why would you want a second choice keeper who you know isn't good enough and you can't trust to do a job if called upon?

Mr Palace
17-05-2017, 08:30 AM
He's not. Why would you want a second choice keeper who you know isn't good enough and you can't trust to do a job if called upon?

Being realistic we aren't going to attract a better second choice keeper than Hennessey. I don't rate him much at all but he's an ok understudy. We aren't going to get a very good keeper willing to be our No 2.

McpfcS
17-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Being realistic we aren't going to attract a better second choice keeper than Hennessey. I don't rate him much at all but he's an ok understudy. We aren't going to get a very good keeper willing to be our No 2.

I don't agree. We are a mid table (we hope) PL side that can pay serious money - we should and can have a very decent second choice GK. One we can trust to do a good job.

Mr Palace
17-05-2017, 10:21 AM
I don't agree. We are a mid table (we hope) PL side that can pay serious money - we should and can have a very decent second choice GK. One we can trust to do a good job.

Give me some names. As I say, I don't rate Wayne but am realistic enough to know we aren't going to get a much better keeper to sit in the bench.

Bones14
17-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Without being disrespectful, if Delaney and Speroni have signed one year extensions, then its probably safe to say we wont be going nuts by getting rid of many, and i'd doubt we're bringing in many either.

mushroom
17-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Without being disrespectful, if Delaney and Speroni have signed one year extensions, then its probably safe to say we wont be going nuts by getting rid of many, and i'd doubt we're bringing in many either.

Or... we're focussing what resources we do have on a few big signings. Speroni is the best keeper at the club (Mandanda is gone) so I've got no probs with him as back up... you won't find many keepers of his quality willing to be back up.
Delaney can't play every game, but he will do a job in league cup and early rounds of FA cup, he'll also be fine to come off the bench to sure things up if we're winning, or decide to rest a first team centre back.
So I've not a major problem with them resigning. This year the squad as a whole hit the wall. I'm hoping a BFS pre-season will improve our ability to withstand a punishing season. Also we need to use our resources a bit better, if that means resigning DD gives us more money for Sakho, then I'm happy

Pinkie Brown
17-05-2017, 11:13 AM
We can't go another season with Hennessey in goal if we don't want another relegation scrap.

El Aguila
17-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Wayne is fine as reserve goalie, jeez.

Bones14
17-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Or... we're focussing what resources we do have on a few big signings. Speroni is the best keeper at the club (Mandanda is gone) so I've got no probs with him as back up... you won't find many keepers of his quality willing to be back up.
Delaney can't play every game, but he will do a job in league cup and early rounds of FA cup, he'll also be fine to come off the bench to sure things up if we're winning, or decide to rest a first team centre back.
So I've not a major problem with them resigning. This year the squad as a whole hit the wall. I'm hoping a BFS pre-season will improve our ability to withstand a punishing season. Also we need to use our resources a bit better, if that means resigning DD gives us more money for Sakho, then I'm happy

I agree.
If those two stay on then its fair to say the club are happy with them as backup. Couple of bigger name signings along with a couple of lesser likes will see us through. SA seems to want some kids pushing through which would be great to see.

aj4england
17-05-2017, 11:29 AM
GKS

1. New 1st Choice
2. Hennessey (unless someone wants to spend money on him)
3. Speroni

4. New Right Back
5. Ward
6. PVA
7. Schlupp
8. Souare?

Centre Backs
9. Tomkins
10. Sakho
11. Dann
12. Kelly

Midfielders.
13. Cabaye
14. Puncheon
15. Luka
16. Jimmy
17. Defensive Midfielder
18. Box to box midfielder (scores goals)
19. Attacking midfielder

Wingers.
20. Wilf
21. Townsend
22. New winger

Forwards
23. Benteke
24. Wickham
25. New Forward

Debatable whether to include Souare but frees up Schlupp as a winger?

1 x GK
1 x RB
3 x Midfielders
1 x Winger
1 x Forward.

Out
Mandanda, Delaney, Fryers, Lee, Mutch, Sako, Ledley, Flamini, Jonny Williams, J.Benteke, Remy

Need competition for places and fresh life into a stale and stagnant bench that very rarely impacts games when needed.

Kai
17-05-2017, 12:37 PM
GKS

1. New 1st Choice
3. Speroni

4. New Right Back
5. Ward
6. PVA
7. Schlupp
8. Souare?

Centre Backs
9. Tomkins
10. Sakho
11. Dann
12. Kelly

Midfielders.
13. Cabaye
14. Puncheon
15. Luka
16. Jimmy
17. Defensive Midfielder
19. Attacking midfielder

Wingers.
20. Wilf
21. Townsend
22. New winger

Forwards
23. Benteke
24. Wickham
25. New Forward

1 x GK
1 x RB
3 x Midfielders
1 x Winger
1 x Forward.

Out
Mandanda, Delaney, Fryers, Lee, Mutch, Sako, Ledley, Flamini, Jonny Williams, J.Benteke, Remy

Need competition for places and fresh life into a stale and stagnant bench that very rarely impacts games when needed.

Delaney has signed a new deal. I don't see us going for a new right back as centre defence will be a priority. Unless we can bring in someone young enough to not be in the 25 who can actually challenge him.

maestro
17-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Give me some names. As I say, I don't rate Wayne but am realistic enough to know we aren't going to get a much better keeper to sit in the bench.

David Marshall

jimos_uk
17-05-2017, 01:34 PM
I really hope that Jonny can have a full pre-season under Sam before any decision is taken on him. I would love him to be one of our midfield options and it would probably break my heart to see him go permanently.

That said, it may be that it's just the right time to let him go - and if that is the case, I trust the club to do it in a good way.

Would just love to see him and Wilf on the pitch together again, hopefully with Kai-Kai developing and seeing that Palace nucleus in the team all over again. South London (or Tunbridge Wells), and proud and all.

jimos_uk
17-05-2017, 01:35 PM
David Marshall

The guy who lost his shit at Selhurst?! LOL!

(edit: I'm thinking of the other guy. Ignore me!)

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
17-05-2017, 01:37 PM
We can't go another season with Hennessey in goal if we don't want another relegation scrap.

He's far from our only issue.

mushroom
17-05-2017, 01:39 PM
I really hope that Jonny can have a full pre-season under Sam before any decision is taken on him. I would love him to be one of our midfield options and it would probably break my heart to see him go permanently.

That said, it may be that it's just the right time to let him go - and if that is the case, I trust the club to do it in a good way.

Would just love to see him and Wilf on the pitch together again, hopefully with Kai-Kai developing and seeing that Palace nucleus in the team all over again. South London (or Tunbridge Wells), and proud and all.

I'm convinced JW is a quality player, I also think prem football will suit him better.

jimos_uk
17-05-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm convinced JW is a quality player, I also think prem football will suit him better.

I agree. The way he thrived with Wales tells me that there is clearly a bloody good footballer there. If only he didn't appear to be made of glass - but - and it's a big but - if anyone can get him fit and running, it's probably Sam.

Fingers crossed. He has something that not a lot of players have, and I could see him slotting in and providing competition for Punch with the way that he moves the ball forward. (Obviously, Punch likes to go in circles these days, but you get the gist.)

Halfwayline
17-05-2017, 01:43 PM
GKS

1. New 1st Choice
3. Speroni

4. New Right Back
5. Ward
6. PVA
7. Schlupp
8. Souare?

Centre Backs
9. Tomkins
10. Sakho
11. Dann
12. Kelly

Midfielders.
13. Cabaye
14. Puncheon
15. Luka
16. Jimmy
17. Defensive Midfielder
19. Attacking midfielder

Wingers.
20. Wilf
21. Townsend
22. New winger

Forwards
23. Benteke
24. Wickham
25. New Forward

1 x GK
1 x RB
3 x Midfielders
1 x Winger
1 x Forward.

Out

Pretty much spot on. I think Cabaye will go. But the 7 inward positions are correct. Does not look like we would get much money coming in though.

mushroom
17-05-2017, 02:20 PM
I agree. The way he thrived with Wales tells me that there is clearly a bloody good footballer there. If only he didn't appear to be made of glass - but - and it's a big but - if anyone can get him fit and running, it's probably Sam.

Fingers crossed. He has something that not a lot of players have, and I could see him slotting in and providing competition for Punch with the way that he moves the ball forward. (Obviously, Punch likes to go in circles these days, but you get the gist.)

100%.
From what I've seen of JW, he isn't afraid to take the ball in tight circumstances. He has a great engine, a bit of pace... just needs a run of games. We've seen BFS get performances from Ward/Kelly/Tomkins... I see no reason why he can't get the best out of a fit JW

maestro
17-05-2017, 02:23 PM
I think he need to give up on Jonny Williams

Every season we keep saying, this year, this year but he plays 2 games and gets injured for months

I think he should retire before he really hurts himself

meee
17-05-2017, 02:23 PM

We have the best number 3 in the world.:D

Martin H
17-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Huge sympathy for Joniesta's situation but I can't see any likelihood of him staying at Palace in the 25. He seems, from afar, to be such a nice and genuine character, and amazingly he is still only 23 (24 in Oct). His injury record is unfortunately now the most prominent memory we have of him. Maybe we will send him out on loan but somehow I think we are more likely to let him go if someone was to show interest.

Because of his young age, he probably does have another chance in the game still IF he can stay fit somewhere but he hasn't managed that since his awful leg break for Flynn's Wales U??. I hope he makes it but I am just not sure the next phase will be here.

The bar has been raised again in the Premier League and Johnny is competing with players of his age across the divisions that have a lot of first team experience under their belts. Johnny managed only 208 mins over 8 games this season. He did also play 142 mins for Wales in the Euros in the summer.

DARZET EAGLE
17-05-2017, 05:22 PM
David Marshall

Not now maybe a couple of seasons ago.

McpfcS
17-05-2017, 05:46 PM

Any goalkeeper in the Championship, never mind 100s of GKs across Europe.

McpfcS
17-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Delaney has signed a new deal. I don't see us going for a new right back as centre defence will be a priority. Unless we can bring in someone young enough to not be in the 25 who can actually challenge him.

We are pretty desperate for a RB

Jim Cannon
17-05-2017, 06:03 PM
but somehow I think we are more likely to let him go if someone was to show interest.

The trouble is, due to his injury record and the fact he hasn't played much football in the last 3 years, how much would someone pay for him? Nowhere near what we would like to think he is worth. I reckon the club's best option is to sell for whatever we can get (which won't be much, sadly) and insist on a large sell on clause in case he gets over his problems and comes good. Ultimately he cost us nothing but it's a real shame he has not progressed due to injuries.

Se9 eagles
17-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Al Habsi if Reading don't go up.Brilliant against us last season in the Cup and their player of the year 2 years running.Bloody good keeper.

Neckinger Eagle
17-05-2017, 06:30 PM

It always makes me smile when somebody asks somebody to name a better player or a manager.

We are just fans. All we know is our daily experiences watching football at the ground, on TV, perhaps from a wacko statistical site or a computer game, or in a magazine or the internet. Maybe even the papers when they aren't shooting hyperbole.

However, it is the club's business to know who is the best player that the club can afford. I have faith that the various sized Sams know what they are doing, are doing proper analysis and will come up with the right goalie, or goalies. Even if I haven't heard of them.

CPFC 1949
17-05-2017, 06:48 PM

Should have gone to specsavers

theCoach
17-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Hart for mandana
William carvaliho for cabaye
Sakho
Defoe for remy
Williams for Lee
Kaikai for Campbell
Boateng for ledley
Loftus cheek on loan for mutch

Revert to 442

Billy Rhino
17-05-2017, 08:14 PM

You're not seriously saying that the reason we struggled this season was because of our goalie? It's really become a witch hunt now, he may not be the greatest gk but the amount of criticism he's receiving is ridiculous.

New LP
17-05-2017, 08:41 PM
You're not seriously saying that the reason we struggled this season was because of our goalie? It's really become a witch hunt now, he may not be the greatest gk but the amount of criticism he's receiving is ridiculous.

He's a reason we have struggled. I think an upgrade would be wise.

New LP
17-05-2017, 08:44 PM
It always makes me smile when somebody asks somebody to name a better player or a manager.

We are just fans. All we know is our daily experiences watching football at the ground, on TV, perhaps from a wacko statistical site or a computer game, or in a magazine or the internet. Maybe even the papers when they aren't shooting hyperbole.

However, it is the club's business to know who is the best player that the club can afford. I have faith that the various sized Sams know what they are doing, are doing proper analysis and will come up with the right goalie, or goalies. Even if I haven't heard of them.

It reminds me of the stock response from the Pardew apologists towards the end of his time in charge; 'well who else is there'?
As if a Premier League club with wealthy backers can't find a different manager or keeper in this case.

JDawg
17-05-2017, 08:52 PM
So here we are. Wages are such that the club isn't generating cash (HOL podcast) so there does need to be some trimming. So in no particular order

Remy goes back to Chelsea
Sakho goes back to Liverpool (but may be bought)
Fryers
Soare
Sako (B)
Mutch (on loan)
CYL
Campbell
Flamini
Ledley
Delaney
Mandanda
Wickham (too injury-prone)
contraversial - but possibly Scott Dann

I get the impression Cabaye will be off - which is a pisser as we've had perhaps ten games seeing what we thought we'd bought. Townsend will stay, but I do worry about Wilf.

Can't see Hennessey being sold unless Jules's new contract was to be as backup for somebody else.

January was huge for us, but expensive. Question to an extent is do we prune the areas where we have surplus (CB and midfield) to bolster other areas?

Mr Palace
17-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Any goalkeeper in the Championship, never mind 100s of GKs across Europe.

Right.

4 cryingOutloud
17-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Al Habsi if Reading don't go up.Brilliant against us last season in the Cup and their player of the year 2 years running.Bloody good keeper.

He's 35 already!

4 cryingOutloud
17-05-2017, 09:34 PM
He's a reason we have struggled. I think an upgrade would be wise.

Oh right. The fact that we had virtually no left footed players, no left back and a very weak central defense, coupled with no defensive midfielder who was worth his salt and players being unfit and playing with no strategic plan until Sam was appointed and changed around our back room team wasn't the issue at all then ? :eek:

Man, you are so screwed up!

DARZET EAGLE
17-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Hart for mandana
William carvaliho for cabaye
Sakho
Defoe for remy
Williams for Lee
Kaikai for Campbell
Boateng for ledley
Loftus cheek on loan for mutch

Revert to 442

How Much?

switchboard
18-05-2017, 07:34 AM
I don't really feel we need much, a goalkeeper sell Wayne and get a new number 1 or assess Mandanda over the summer and look for a strong number 2. A 1st choice centre back (ideally Sako) a right back for cover if a decent enough one is around that is better value than Kelly, an upgrade on Ledley to push Mcarthur as the 2 back up midfielders. A decent winger as back up if KaiKai isn't deemed up for it and A decent 3rd striker to replace Remy assuming Wickham comes back.

I think we'd benefit largely to get a good honest group of lads together, I don't think we should strip this team apart or bring in too many players.

Would love to see Williams back in the fold instead of Mutch or Lee.

Billy Rhino
18-05-2017, 11:45 AM

So, as a season ticket holder, I was at the Hull game and for the most important game of the season I saw Allardyce pick Schlupp at left back ahead of a fully fit PVA, who was on the bench.

PVA then comes on in the left midfield position and defensively does very little, however showed his quality going forward and finished superbly for his goal.

Maybe I was a bit out of order but your tone was also rude so I just responded to it. I generally talk to people on here as if I was in the pub chatting to them, and not as some aggressive keyboard warrior.

My initial suggestion was that if Souare recovered fully, and it's a big if to be fair, then we wouldn't need 3 expensive left backs. However, if PVA is the natural replacement of Sako as cover on the left wing then I'm fine with that if we can offload Sako. Expensive sub though.

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Oh right. The fact that we had virtually no left footed players, no left back and a very weak central defense, coupled with no defensive midfielder who was worth his salt and players being unfit and playing with no strategic plan until Sam was appointed and changed around our back room team wasn't the issue at all then ? :eek:

Man, you are so screwed up!

Read what he posted :D
He's a reason NOT THE reason.

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Spot on and had he stayed for fit from injury would've been as influtenial as Zaha for us.

Jukesy
18-05-2017, 02:04 PM
I think he need to give up on Jonny Williams

Every season we keep saying, this year, this year but he plays 2 games and gets injured for months

I think he should retire before he really hurts himself

You are without doubt the most depressing poster on these boards.

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 02:04 PM

If fit JW has the lot creativity wise:p

palace910
18-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Need a big squad trim, lots of players who simply aren't good enough.

Players to go;

Mutch
Lee
Flamini
Ledley
B Sako
Fryers
Campbell

Should clear the wage bill abit.

MFBias
18-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Need a big squad trim, lots of players who simply aren't good enough.

Players to go;

Mutch
Lee
Flamini
Ledley
B Sako
Fryers
Campbell

Should clear the wage bill abit.

This 4 are out of contract so you would hope thats more than half your list:
Fryers
Campbell
Flamini
Ledley

I agree on the other 3 aswell but would have to be sold which means someone would need to want to buy.

I would love it if we sold Sako, he is on massive wages and never looked like he fitted any of our sides.

theCoach
18-05-2017, 02:51 PM
very difficult to attract players to replace those not in the match day squad
i.e ranked 19-25 in the squad
e.g a goalkeeper, lee, ledley, mutch, fryers, campbell (when wickham fit) soaure, 4th choice striker etc., etc.,
we need to replace a lot of players and despite posts on her to the contrary the likes of williams. kai kai and boateng will be adequate for the occasional cameo appearance when inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in.. (might not be so good for their own personal development but needs much if our budget gets battered on sakho.

mushroom
18-05-2017, 03:12 PM
very difficult to attract players to replace those not in the match day squad
i.e ranked 19-25 in the squad
e.g a goalkeeper, lee, ledley, mutch, fryers, campbell (when wickham fit) soaure, 4th choice striker etc., etc.,
we need to replace a lot of players and despite posts on her to the contrary the likes of williams. kai kai and boateng will be adequate for the occasional cameo appearance when inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in.. (might not be so good for their own personal development but needs much if our budget gets battered on sakho.

I don't think it will be too bad for their development... they will be training with the first team and getting pitch time. Also use them in the early stages of the cup. BFS rates Flanagan/Kirby/Dreher... If we weren't in a relegation dogfight, SP said they would have been given a chance.

Stellavista
18-05-2017, 06:22 PM
You just watch them give Campbell another year.

JDawg
18-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Forgot about Jonathan Benteke. Did he ever play?

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Sub for his brother at Boro away, since then I don't think he's played for the first team.

Scrumpy
18-05-2017, 08:23 PM

Came on as a late sub against Middlesbrough 10th September. Then got an injury which was only meant to be 3 months. I hope Christian is OK with it when his brother is released

orp pisshead1
20-05-2017, 09:05 AM
I don't think it will be too bad for their development... they will be training with the first team and getting pitch time. Also use them in the early stages of the cup. BFS rates Flanagan/Kirby/Dreher... If we weren't in a relegation dogfight, SP said they would have been given a chance.

Give some of them game time tomorrow:p

glaziers fan
20-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Absolutely. For me it should be our number one transfer priority. Delph would be fantastic. As would Loftus-Cheek on a season long loan. There is so much rubbish in the midfield:

First XI: Luka
Squad: Puncheon, McArthur, Cabaye
Dross: Flamini, Ledley, Mutch, CYL

Mr Palace
20-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Absolutely. For me it should be our number one transfer priority. Delph would be fantastic. As would Loftus-Cheek on a season long loan. There is so much rubbish in the midfield:

First XI: Luka
Squad: Puncheon, McArthur, Cabaye
Dross: Flamini, Ledley, Mutch, CYL

The same Delph that's permanently injured? He's missed half of the past two seasons. Why sign someone like that? We've already got wickham who will perform that service. And hopefully we would have finally learned our lessons after the absolute disaster that was Remy.

But I agree we need to overhaul the midfield and a box to box midfielder and creative no 10 would make us a different proposition.

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Well we kind of all knew it but ledley is off by looks of it.. club doctor just tweeted -

Will miss this man although I wouldn't tell him that. Never a dull moment when he was around @joe16led. Can't but smile when he was around ��

jobiinthelastmi
21-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Well we kind of all knew it but ledley is off by looks of it.. club doctor just tweeted -

Will miss this man although I wouldn't tell him that. Never a dull moment when he was around @joe16led. Can't but smile when he was around ��

Great news :lux:

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 09:03 PM

But harsh. Think he was excellent in first two seasons.. not so this year. Right move

dilem
21-05-2017, 09:05 PM
But harsh. Think he was excellent in first two seasons.. not so this year. Right move

Yup

SJ'sLoveMonkey
21-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Cheers Joe

dilem
21-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Yeah hes defo going. favourited a tweet saying ' thanks for all youve done, good luck'

Not suprising.

El Aguila
21-05-2017, 09:21 PM
He's been a good Premier League player for us. Good luck to him.

maestro
21-05-2017, 09:30 PM
He was a warrior in the first 18 months

Not sure what happened to him this season

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Ledley was a very good signing when he arrived. Time is right from him to move on though.

I reckon I would sell Jimmy Mc if we can get a reasonable fee too. I know it won't be a popular view with some.

mseagle
21-05-2017, 09:48 PM

Really poor post. Joe has been great for Palace in the tough years when pulls come in and forming the excellent mcjedley midfield. Time for him to move on but give the bloke some respect for his contribution to Palace. Best of luck Joe

delboy01
21-05-2017, 09:50 PM
And people wonder why there's no loyalty from players. Got no idea why they are like that. :wallbash:

OneSize
21-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Ledley, Campbell, Sako, Dann, McArthur, Williams, Boateng, Mutch, Mandanda and KaiKai all to go.

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Ledley, Campbell, Sako, Dann, McArthur, Williams, Boateng, Mutch, Mandanda and KaiKai all to go.

Won't be far off this imo

OneSize
21-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Won't be far off this imo
Forgot Fryers and Flamini

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-05-2017, 09:59 PM

Thought Sako did quite well today. Seemed to have some real intent about him but you may be right.

I think I would sell Jimmy Mc for a reasonable offer but would rather keep Dann if possible.

No one will buy Mutch off us on his wages. We can dream. A contract of 4 and a half fecking years!! 2 more to go :sob:

red&blue_moomin
21-05-2017, 10:01 PM
He was a warrior in the first 18 months

Not sure what happened to him this season

he broke his leg last season then played through the summer. He played too much too soon imho.

rbarmy
21-05-2017, 10:02 PM

Dann? You have to be kidding surely

dilem
21-05-2017, 10:03 PM
he broke his leg last season then played through the summer. He played too much too soon imho.

Good point.

aj4england
21-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Thought Sako did quite well today. Seemed to have some real intent about him but you may be right.

I think I would sell Jimmy Mc for a reasonable offer but would rather keep Dann if possible.

No one will buy Mutch off us on his wages. We can dream. A contract of 4 and a half fecking years!! 2 more to go :sob:

Sako did OK around the box but didn't work that hard and the defensive of his game isn't great.

MFBias
21-05-2017, 11:54 PM
People saying sell McArthur and Dann have very short memories.

johnnybacaro
22-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Kaikai needs to go too. Hasnt been about to break into the game day squad on a regular basis after 2 years on an injury prone squad.

Based on today, he is still out of his depth. Could have some value to a bottom table championship or League one club with aspirations

AJ
22-05-2017, 01:23 AM
JM, actually both of them need to move on. They just arent good enough. Keep Dann and get rid of Kelly. 1 good game at Liverpool, but the rest have been poo.

Thefunkymonk
22-05-2017, 07:12 AM

Don't think anyone wants to sell them.. just think they will be sold to balance the books for SA's signings.

Eaglesfan1
22-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Very surprised about the people saying sell McArthur.

He and Wilf were the only players who turned up first half of the season.

Scoot
22-05-2017, 07:42 AM
JM, actually both of them need to move on. They just arent good enough. Keep Dann and get rid of Kelly. 1 good game at Liverpool, but the rest have been poo.

Idiot :jerkit:

Scrumpy
22-05-2017, 07:56 AM
For me the players we will sell/release this window will be: Ledley, Campbell, Sako, Flamini, Fryers, Mutch, Williams, Boateng, Mandanda, Remy, Appiah, J Benteke, and maybe Lee.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Not at all. They have both been great for us. I would prefer to keep Dann for sure but also recognise that if we want to sign Sako and improve other areas of sqaud we probably need to make some sales too. Players in or close to their 30s who would command a fee but don't make our first choice 11 are the most obvious/ sensible candidates to sell (if we receive decent offers).

Adlerhorst
22-05-2017, 08:17 AM
If Dann is considered surplus to requirements at Palace, how many clubs are going to make serious bids for him?

Yoda
22-05-2017, 08:22 AM
For me the players we will sell/release this window will be: Ledley, Campbell, Sako, Flamini, Fryers, Mutch, Williams, Boateng, Mandanda, Remy, Appiah, J Benteke, and maybe Lee.

Agree with that, except Sako's on a big wage that makes him hard to shift. He also seems popular with other players, which can tip the balance when all things are considered.

I'd give Dann another season, as he's been excellent in the past and might do better without the burden of being captain.

McArthur doesn't seem fit at the moment, and that's hard for him as his game relies on lots of combative energy. I'd keep him, but if he's still off the boil by January (and there's no reason for this that the medics can address), then it might be time to accept an offer and move him to a lower league, sadly.

bigend1
22-05-2017, 08:25 AM
I actually think Dann and Sakho could form a superb partnership once Dann is fit and has a pre season. Tomkins has been excellent recently though. I hope we keep Dann and Jimmy as they'll have a part to play for sure even if they start the season on the bench. That might be the issue, they might want to leave to start every week

Eagle's Away
22-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Both McArthur and Dann did not play near their best but the principle cause was that both had injuries and were probably brought back too soon due to our lack of depth at the time. I think they need to be judged on their abilities when fit. When they were fit we have all seen two very good players. Replacing either would be very expensive in this current market.
If Cabaye decides to leave, losing McArthur on top would appear to be daft.
Likewise, we are almost certainly going to see Damo retire and losing Dann would again seem daft.

Son of Ron
22-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Surely we wouldn't give Delaney an extension and then get rid of Dann. This season's shown we need 4 centre backs, so hopefully Sakho, Tomkins, Dann, Delaney gives us that cover (and right / left foot balance).

Agree that the ones outgoing should be: Ledley, Campbell, Sako, Flamini, Fryers, Mutch, Williams, Boateng, Mandanda, Remy, Appiah, J Benteke, and Lee.

13 players, ok we might not get great fees for all of them, but I'd rather see those wages spent on 4 or 5 quality players rather than 13 shite, crocked or over the hill ones like that list.

Owngoal
22-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Surely we wouldn't give Delaney an extension and then get rid of Dann. This season's shown we need 4 centre backs, so hopefully Sakho, Tomkins, Dann, Delaney gives us that cover (and right / left foot balance).

Agree that the ones outgoing should be: Ledley, Campbell, Sako, Flamini, Fryers, Mutch, Williams, Boateng, Mandanda, Remy, Appiah, J Benteke, and Lee.

13 players, ok we might not get great fees for all of them, but I'd rather see those wages spent on 4 or 5 quality players rather than 13 shite, crocked or over the hill ones like that list.

This season showed we needed 5 centre backs if you include Kelly as a right sided defender. Tomkins and Dann have both been very injury prone. If we get Sakho that is probably enough if our fitness levels improve (and Sam has already said this week about further improving that side)

Sp1Eagle
22-05-2017, 08:42 AM

McArthur has a year left on his contract and has struggled with injuries. I think he will go this summer but only after he is replaced.

Dann will go if the club thinks they can get Sakho IMO.

Sp1Eagle
22-05-2017, 08:54 AM
I think the following will leave this summer.

First:

Ledley (Out of contract)
Campbell (Out of contract)
Flamini (Out of contract)
Fryers (Out of contract)
Appiah (Out of contract)

Mutch (Loan)
Sako (Loan)
Souare (Loan)
Lee (Loan)

Dann (Only if we get Sakho)
McArthur
Williams
Mandanda
Cabaye

That's 9 of our current 25. Busy summer.

elgin eagle
22-05-2017, 09:14 AM
I think the following will leave this summer.

First:

Ledley (Out of contract)
Campbell (Out of contract)
Flamini (Out of contract)
Fryers (Out of contract)
Appiah (Out of contract)

Mutch (Loan)
Sako (Loan)
Souare (Loan)
Lee (Loan)

Dann (Only if we get Sakho)
McArthur
Williams
Mandanda
Cabaye

That's 9 of our current 25. Busy summer.

Definitely is. I'd be very surprised if we sold McArthur and Cabaye though. Possibly one but not both. Dann also. It would come down to what these players want and their contracts i guess. All 3 are very good players. If they all go we would need as good a window as we had in January to get a dominant midfield. Luka is a good start though.

RisZero
24-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Lot of talk across social media that the toon want Andros back. Easiest story in the world to make up of course.

thomasbroad
24-05-2017, 10:59 AM
No idea why anybody would want to get right of Dann...

Herb
26-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Mandanda, Kelly, Ward, Delaney, Souare, Fryers, Flamini, Mutch, Sako, Chung, Campbell OUT

IN: Glik (Monaco- should have signed him instead of Tomkins), Sakho (whatever the price), Milinkovic Savic (Lazio), Danilo (Real Madrid) done

CP-RJW
26-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Mandanda, Kelly, Ward, Delaney, Souare, Fryers, Flamini, Mutch, Sako, Chung, Campbell OUT

IN: Glik (Monaco- should have signed him instead of Tomkins), Sakho (whatever the price), Milinkovic Savic (Lazio), Danilo (Real Madrid) done
I'll have some of what you're drinking :supergrin:

Palace121
26-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Mandanda, Kelly, Ward, Delaney, Souare, Fryers, Flamini, Mutch, Sako, Chung, Campbell OUT IN: Glik (Monaco- should have signed him instead of Tomkins), Sakho (whatever the price), Milinkovic Savic (Lazio), Danilo (Real Madrid) done

Slightly harsh on Souare. I don't think many clubs would take a risk on him quite yet anyway.

palacemetros
26-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Talk of getting rid of Ward is just plain crazy.

Joe.L
26-05-2017, 04:24 PM

Ridiculous list. We will have enough trouble replacing our out of contract players without offloading any of the contracted ones especially players we are unlikely to get much of a fee for. Natural progression is for the likes of Ward, Kelly, Delaney etc to become the backup rather than first choice.

Herb
26-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Hmm. I guess Ward could be an OK back-up if we sign a very good right-back. As for Kelly, since we signed the ever injured Tomkins, we need better back-up players than him and Delaney.

CP-RJW
26-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Ridiculous list. We will have enough trouble replacing our out of contract players without offloading any of the contracted ones especially players we are unlikely to get much of a fee for. Natural progression is for the likes of Ward, Kelly, Delaney etc to become the backup rather than first choice.
That was mental but the part that got me was signing Real Madrid's Danilo who they paid 30 million quid for a couple years ago, and is still a good enough right back for any team in world football. Kamil Glik: the talismanic star defender for the team that just beat PSG to the title and made it to the semi finals of the champions league. Then Milinkovic Savic, the bloke who Chelsea are after, valued at around 30 million quid.

mushroom
26-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Hmm. I guess Ward could be an OK back-up if we sign a very good right-back. As for Kelly, since we signed the ever injured Tomkins, we need better back-up players than him and Delaney.

Ward is fine... he has had to play a lot of football, and he also had Pardew as manager, who tried to make him play like Dani Alves

DiagonalStripes
27-05-2017, 06:03 AM
If we didn't have a few shite players in our squad, we wouldn't be Palace.
Gotta keep a few of them and hope they improve with their surroundings

Malarkey
27-05-2017, 08:08 AM
We need to keep Cabaye, definitely one of our most important players. Would probably put him in the top three/four.

Nigelbrag
27-05-2017, 08:11 AM
This task is now more difficult with SA leaving than meets the eye, he would have had a list of players that he was able to assess as being surplus, apart from the out of contract players whilst in charge.
Now he has gone, the new man will need time to access for himself as for sure there will be around 13 players collectively that will need shifting, which costs to replace and is not easily done getting in the right players, all before the season starts.
But then this is Palace when nothing seems to run smoothly.

theCoach
27-05-2017, 09:12 AM
This task is now more difficult with SA leaving than meets the eye, he would have had a list of players that he was able to assess as being surplus, apart from the out of contract players whilst in charge.
Now he has gone, the new man will need time to access for himself as for sure there will be around 13 players collectively that will need shifting, which costs to replace and is not easily done getting in the right players, all before the season starts.

Your right of course but putting a positive spin on it any incoming manager will only be able to assess purely on match performance (videos).he won't know the character or personality of players or any sense of personal attachment.
The report that big Sam supposedly presented to our owners whilst pards was still in situ would have presented players shortcomings of what was needed .eg.perservering with Kelly at left back and no defensive cover sitting in front of a slow centre half pairing.
New manager will be able to make a disspasionment selection. That said of course replacements will hopefully be the best of what he's worked with before ...eg van anholt.

I can't think of a time when a new manager will have the benefit of having to create his own squad from 1 window rather than over 3.

Every window is important and I can think of the pulis first window as probably the single most important one but this is critical.i was criticized by some posters I expect some of of the likes of Williams and Kai Kai and boateng will have to supplement the squad. We just won't have the dough to bring in 12 premiership quality players

elgin eagle
27-05-2017, 09:42 AM

That's an understatement :)

Sammy Lee would have a big input into that you would hope.

Nigelbrag
27-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Your right of course but putting a positive spin on it any incoming manager will only be able to assess purely on match performance (videos).he won't know the character or personality of players or any sense of personal attachment.
The report that big Sam supposedly presented to our owners whilst pards was still in situ would have presented players shortcomings of what was needed .eg.perservering with Kelly at left back and no defensive cover sitting in front of a slow centre half pairing.
New manager will be able to make a disspasionment selection. That said of course replacements will hopefully be the best of what he's worked with before ...eg van anholt.

I can't think of a time when a new manager will have the benefit of having to create his own squad from 1 window rather than over 3.

Every window is important and I can think of the pulis first window as probably the single most important one but this is critical.i was criticized by some posters I expect some of of the likes of Williams and Kai Kai and boateng will have to supplement the squad. We just won't have the dough to bring in 12 premiership quality players

Again you raise some interesting and valid points "Coach" but what i found frustrating with SA walking away is, having started what looked like being a fruitful and successful partnership to then drop a bolt out of the blue and walk away for me is unforgivable.
Not making judgement as none of us know the true reasons, but having been rescued from the scrap heap by CPFC, and then to walk away after just FIVE months made me think maybe there were ulterior motives like having rebuilt his reputation in saving us would have put him back in demand.
I see Big Sam returning at some stage in January when a premiership club in trouble come calling to be rescued and he is offered a kings ransom to save them, call me cynical but that is how i see Sam Allardyce, his walking away has left us with a real task ahead.
The only option for the incoming manager will be, to release his out of contract players as a priority to reduce wages so as to strengthen the squad, the First team without question is in need of Four quality additions, and with possibly another Four squad quality players added if we are to avoid yet another annual struggle.
Unfortunately as much as i want to see our Youth players promoted and given an opportunity as you also suggest, sadly they lack quality as we saw when Kai Kai was drafted in against Man Utd, whose even younger players totally outshone him.

Nigelbrag
27-05-2017, 10:30 AM
That's an understatement :)

Sammy Lee would have a big input into that you would hope.

Isn't this typical Palace,:rolleyes: when was the last time we had an uneventful summer to look forward to "Elgin".
You are right in suggesting that Little Sam could have a big input providing he stays, unfortunately that could be a short stay should Big Sam come calling when in his new managerial position;);)

elgin eagle
27-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Isn't this typical Palace,:rolleyes: when was the last time we had an uneventful summer to look forward to "Elgin".
You are right in suggesting that Little Sam could have a big input providing he stays, unfortunately that could be a short stay should Big Sam come calling when in his new managerial position;);)

Yeah, i think we'll look to keep SL as he is clearly a big upgrade in that area of expertise. But you are right. its typical palace this. Didn't affect Wilf though, so hopefully Sakho will feel the same way.

Gollum
30-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Frazier Campbell heading for Huddersfield...

elgin eagle
30-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Hope he don't miss

TC EAGLE
31-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Huddersfield Town, who were promoted to the Premier League on Monday, want to sign Crystal Palace striker Fraizer Campbell, 29, who is out of contract this summer and available on a free transfer. (Sun)