PDA

View Full Version : Pubs for: Man Utd

colin_cork
08-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Is it the same as pubs for man city :)

mether
08-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Town centre is best . Be aware tho some bars change there policy for united home games, and don't let away fans in especially ones wearing colours.

ebyeeckeagle
08-05-2017, 11:59 AM
There are decent pubs near the ground and on the Chorlton side. But full of Manure (more so than the city centre) and strict on away fans (some ask for tickets in the past).

Oli28
08-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Sinclair's Oyster Bar in the city centre has a big outdoor area and often has big numbers of away fans

jmemour
08-05-2017, 01:22 PM
The Wetherspoons near Piccadilly station allowed away fans in colours for the City game. Turn right out the station and walk down the hill for 5 mins and you're there.

pgw152
08-05-2017, 02:38 PM
The Bull's Head (out station and left going down towards the tram stops) opposite the trams was mixed and fun when playing City a few seasons back... Again, protocol there v Man U, unknown

colin_cork
08-05-2017, 02:56 PM
The Wetherspoons near Piccadilly station allowed away fans in colours for the City game. Turn right out the station and walk down the hill for 5 mins and you're there.

Not far from sacha hotel so :)

andyocpfc
08-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Is it walkable from city centre to ground?

ebyeeckeagle
08-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Anything is walkable....but its a long way. Further than Man City. Mind you, the metro queue makes it tempting.

andyocpfc
08-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Anything is walkable....but its a long way. Further than Man City. Mind you, the metro queue makes it tempting.

Obviously, but you know what I meant. :)

Is it metro, taxi or nothing to the ground then? Not been since the 2004/5 season and drove but staying this time so will venture into town before and after.

ebyeeckeagle
08-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Is it metro, taxi or nothing to the ground then? Not been since the 2004/5 season and drove but staying this time so will venture into town before and after.

Probably been more often for rugby than palace.

Going is fine, the Metro is quick and easy. Or taxi obviously. Getting back, it's just the long line for the metro, but it is well enough managed. Never tried the train station.

Bus is option. Journey just gets clogged up though, coming back. Personally, the metro works ok.

jake5
08-05-2017, 03:35 PM
http://albertsschloss.co.uk/. Great German beer hall . Although best check Sunday hours . We booked table for after city , pork knuckles , currywurst, pauliner beer ....

andyocpfc
08-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Probably been more often for rugby than palace.

Going is fine, the Metro is quick and easy. Or taxi obviously. Getting back, it's just the long line for the metro, but it is well enough managed. Never tried the train station.

Bus is option. Journey just gets clogged up though, coming back. Personally, the metro works ok.

Great - thanks :)

Selhurst Celtic
08-05-2017, 03:49 PM

You can walk it, but it's a long and boring walk once you're passed Deansgate.
There is a pub in Hulme which I think is the only one in that gap between Deansgate & Old Trafford called The Three Legs of Man, which is an interesting pub. Not sure what it's like on a match day though. It was like the Jockey in Shameless when I was in there a few years back.

mether
08-05-2017, 03:54 PM
http://albertsschloss.co.uk/. Great German beer hall . Although best check Sunday hours . We booked table for after city , pork knuckles , currywurst, pauliner beer ....

Sunday hours 10.30am to 2am

Oli28
08-05-2017, 05:37 PM
This is a really good bar and a short walk to Deansgate metrolink and train station which both serve Old Trafford.

Font, outside Oxford Road station, has a good range of beers if you're staying at that end of town

laggin
09-05-2017, 12:38 AM
bars and clubs in deansgate locks after the game

jake5
09-05-2017, 04:50 AM
This is a really good bar and a short walk to Deansgate metrolink and train station which both serve Old Trafford.

Font, outside Oxford Road station, has a good range of beers if you're staying at that end of town

Forgot to mention , added bonus of a brewdog next door 👍

loshrr
10-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Sinclair's Oyster Bar in the city centre has a big outdoor area and often has big numbers of away fans
Agree. Sinclair's Oyster Bar is a good one.

New LP
10-05-2017, 11:29 PM

It didn't let my group in and some other Palace fans wearing colours before City.
We ended up in Yates drinking flat lager out of plastic glasses.

Selhurst Celtic
10-05-2017, 11:40 PM
Lost Deane on Deansgate is like a wetherspoons, but with sport.

Mad Raschic Ken
11-05-2017, 07:35 AM
We tend to go to Lime at Salford Quays. Not a place for the real ale drinkers, but around 10 minutes walk from the away end and welcoming to away fans.

Oli28
11-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Agree. Sinclair's Oyster Bar is a good one.
Cheapest beers in town

jmemour
11-05-2017, 01:24 PM
It didn't let my group in and some other Palace fans wearing colours before City.
We ended up in Yates drinking flat lager out of plastic glasses.

Find that baffling. There were honestly loads of palace in there.

T at the Palace
11-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Cheapest beers in town

2.30 a pint the other weekend. I thought I'd travelled back in time.

Chris K
12-05-2017, 12:56 PM
After 83 for the train up there i think we'll be all over the Sinclair Oyster Bar

Worksop Palace
16-05-2017, 03:03 PM
i'll be landing at Piccadilly about half 12ish. Anyone going for beers near by ?

FourtyTwo
16-05-2017, 03:39 PM
i'll be landing at Piccadilly about half 12ish. Anyone going for beers near by ?

Cloudwater brewery round the corner, then Piccadilly Tap

ellioteagle1
16-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Any recommendations for food and a drink?

pgw152
16-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Anyone going to be around Deansgate at 10:45am on Sunday and want to play snooker for an hour?

Worksop Palace
16-05-2017, 07:46 PM

Nice one

How far from there to OT ?

Dogburger
16-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Theres a Beefeater in Salford Quays ,as about as good as it gets in Salford. In fact the quays is a good shout , a few boozers and quite (don't quote me on that ) civilised

civil eagle
19-05-2017, 07:25 AM

Get in just after 12 will be on my own but will be up for beers

Oli28
19-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Nice one

How far from there to OT ?
20 minute tram plus walk

Palace_Akie
19-05-2017, 08:18 AM

Cloudwater beers are incredible. Gets very busy in their tap room.

Worksop Palace
19-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Cloudwater beers are incredible. Gets very busy in their tap room.

Good, as I fully intend to be sampling a fair few on Sunday :lux:

Ajedman
19-05-2017, 02:30 PM
For those driving up, away fans guide recommends The Quadrant Pub, Great Stones Road, Stretford. Street parking, away fans friendly, 15mins walk to the ground

Chris B
20-05-2017, 12:24 AM
For those driving up, away fans guide recommends The Quadrant Pub, Great Stones Road, Stretford. Street parking, away fans friendly, 15mins walk to the ground

Thanks for the info. I notice the walk to the ground is 5 minutes shorter than when you posted yesterday (on ticket thread). This is only important because I recently had an ankle operation and am walking with the aid of a crutch. 20 minutes normal walking would probably be double that for me.

Palacemad2002
20-05-2017, 06:10 AM
Lancashire v Yorkshire in the county championship is happening at Old Trafford Cricket ground. A few of us are going to head straight there to sink a few beers watching the cricket, and then its just a short walk up to the football ground at 2:40 to switch sports and watch Palace. May even pop back in to the cricket after the match to watch close of play with a pint and let the tram queue outside die down... Perfect sporting Sunday :p

Ajedman
20-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info. I notice the walk to the ground is 5 minutes shorter than when you posted yesterday (on ticket thread). This is only important because I recently had an ankle operation and am walking with the aid of a crutch. 20 minutes normal walking would probably be double that for me.

Sorry to hear about your ankle mate & sorry I can't be more precise, Google says 23 mins walk, fans guide says 10-15 mins and pub guide says a few mins walk to Old Trafford.
Hopefully we can get a few in there & it's not to far from the ground.

Chris B
20-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your ankle mate & sorry I can't be more precise, Google says 23 mins walk, fans guide says 10-15 mins and pub guide says a few mins walk to Old Trafford.
Hopefully we can get a few in there & it's not to far from the ground.

Thanks for the update. I might try the cricket option. At least then I can get a seat with my beer.

Chris B
20-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Lancashire v Yorkshire in the county championship is happening at Old Trafford Cricket ground. A few of us are going to head straight there to sink a few beers watching the cricket, and then its just a short walk up to the football ground at 2:40 to switch sports and watch Palace. May even pop back in to the cricket after the match to watch close of play with a pint and let the tram queue outside die down... Perfect sporting Sunday :p

Sounds an excellent idea.

loshrr
21-05-2017, 09:04 AM
Arrive in Manchester in 50 minutes. Where is the pub to go to?

Timbo
21-05-2017, 09:18 AM

Sounds fantastic, making me think about popping over to Sutton CC at lunchtime :p

aj4england
21-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Off to Salford Quays

andyocpfc
22-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Where did everyone end up in the end?

I started off in Yates and Wetherspoons (close to the hotel) followed by Picadilly tavern. No pubs at the stadium so just had a few bottles in the ground. In the evening (with some suggestions on here) I went to the Albert Schloss which was excellent and sampled some fine beers.

Still not made it back home yet!

Oli28
22-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Where did everyone end up in the end?

I started off in Yates and Wetherspoons (close to the hotel) followed by Picadilly tavern. No pubs at the stadium so just had a few bottles in the ground. In the evening (with some suggestions on here) I went to the Albert Schloss which was excellent and sampled some fine beers.

Still not made it back home yet!
Lime in Salford Quays was full of Palace fans and had a good atmosphere, will do it again next season

Neillo's Son
28-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Any good pub recommendations near Manchester. Piccadilly?

mether
28-09-2017, 06:48 AM
If you look further down the page, there are 2 threads on pubs for Manchester which cover around the city center.

newish eagle
28-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Stay in the pub mate, make an afternoon of it, stay away from the football, and then come back.

Have a good and safe trip.

Owngoal
28-09-2017, 09:43 AM
If you look further down the page, there are 2 threads on pubs for Manchester which cover around the city center.

I can see why he started this as how far down were they?

Oli28
28-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Lime in Salford Quays was full of Palace fans and had a good atmosphere, will do it again next season
I'd recommend this for anyone arriving early. If you get the tram to mediacity before it gets too busy then there are a couple of bars there and a fairly short walk to the ground.

jmemour
28-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Anyone know any good pubs near the ground with Sky Sports? Fancy watching the City vs Chelsea game afterwards.

Oli28
28-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Anyone know any good pubs near the ground with Sky Sports? Fancy watching the City vs Chelsea game afterwards.
I'd walk back towards Salford Quays (10/15 minutes walk) rather than go anywhere immediately outside.

Neillo's Son
28-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Thanks, couldn't see them for some reason!

Owngoal
28-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Thanks, couldn't see them for some reason!

Long, long way down that's why and last season with very few recommendations. There is a street by the canal a few minutes walk from Piccadilly with several pubs

Oli28
28-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Long, long way down that's why and last season with very few recommendations. There is a street by the canal a few minutes walk from Piccadilly with several pubs
Right outside the main entrance of the station is the Piccadilly Tap which is convenient and has a very good selection of beers.

mether
28-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Try the rain bar right on the canal in deansgate ,was in there during the summer. Nice beer garden and does food. 2 mins walk to tram stop.

mether
28-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Where we ended up last time Cheap beer. But no children allowed.

Bubble Wrap
28-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Get the tram 3 return, Or taxi 10

New LP
28-09-2017, 05:06 PM
I'd recommend this for anyone arriving early. If you get the tram to mediacity before it gets too busy then there are a couple of bars there and a fairly short walk to the ground.

About a tenner for a cab from Piccadilly as well. Some good craft beer type places and places to eat. About 10 mins walk from the ground.

brad21019923
29-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Sounds like some good tips on here! Heading up tonight and should be a good day!

WandsworthEagle
29-09-2017, 06:33 PM

According to their twitter account Cloudwater are closed tomorrow. :-(

Racnipeels
29-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Load of us heading here for anyone interested :p

http://i63.tinypic.com/8wbn1w.jpg

chatham_eagle
29-09-2017, 09:41 PM
According to their twitter account Cloudwater are closed tomorrow. :-(

All at IMBC I assume. Beer Nouveau are worth a visit and should be open tomorrow. Industrial estate on North Western Street, walkable to Picadilly.

CPFC_Fan
30-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Anyone going to Sinclairs oyster bar?