PDA

View Full Version : Why are Middlesbrough relegated

Royboy
09-05-2017, 06:50 AM
Just a quick question,if Middlesbrough are six points behind Hull with two games to go,why are they relegated? Sorry if this is a silly question

Thefunkymonk
09-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Just a quick question,if Middlesbrough are six points behind Hull with two games to go,why are they relegated? Sorry if this is a silly question

I'm taking this isn't a whoosh...

They are 7 points behind Swansea

Ian of Chatham
09-05-2017, 06:53 AM
They cannot finish above Swansea who are currently 17th with 35 points.

Royboy
09-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Ok the table I've just looked at said Middlesbrough on 28, Hull on 34.

Norwich_Eagle
09-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Because Hull are also in the relegation zone.

'Boro are 7 behind Swansea who are currently safe. Therefore 'Boro can only pick up a max. of 6 more points, not enough to climb out.

Royboy
09-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Ok just seen the point,I'm slow,������Thanks anyway

Neckinger Eagle
09-05-2017, 07:02 AM
I don't look at the table with things are going badly, it makes me feel ill.

Neil 154
09-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Because Hull are also in the relegation zone.

'Boro are 7 behind Swansea who are currently safe. Therefore 'Boro can only pick up a max. of 6 more points, not enough to climb out.

Only two relegation places. I like the thinking.

Se9 eagles
09-05-2017, 07:29 AM

Because they are absolute shite?

Santos-er
09-05-2017, 08:52 AM
The answer to the question (overlooking the OP's misinterpretation of the table) is they sacked Karanka.

Ok, they may not have stayed up anyway, but I think they would at least still be in with a shout if they hadn't got rid.

Del Fenner
09-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Not sure sacking Karanka is to blame for the staggering lack of goals.

Norwich_Eagle
09-05-2017, 09:59 AM
The answer to the question (overlooking the OP's misinterpretation of the table) is they sacked Karanka.

Ok, they may not have stayed up anyway, but I think they would at least still be in with a shout if they hadn't got rid.

I think a lot of 'Boro fans would argue that he is the reason with his Jose inspired boring style of football that they are in that mess.

On 5 Live a few weeks ago they were saying that he literally played for draws every game, assuming that they would win nor lose any and stay up with 38 points and a goal difference of 0.

andyocpfc
09-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Karanka is our Pardew. If they had sacked his earlier, they might have had a chance like we have a 'chance' to avoid relegation. He set them up ridiculously defensive. If I was a 'boro fan I'd be more annoyed than anything else that it took them 7 seasons to get promoted back to then not even have a go and the get relegated with a whimper.

adman50
09-05-2017, 10:14 AM
They spent millions on Bamford.

Nuff said.

Ron Dodgers
09-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Karanka is our Pardew. If they had sacked his earlier, they might have had a chance like we have a 'chance' to avoid relegation. He set them up ridiculously defensive. If I was a 'boro fan I'd be more annoyed than anything else that it took them 7 seasons to get promoted back to then not even have a go and the get relegated with a whimper.

Funny you should mention Middlesborough's Pards:

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/is-former-newcastle-united-and-crystal-palace-boss-set-for-a-return-to-football-management/story-30321565-detail/story.html

"Former Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is being linked with a return to football management after being spotted in the stands for Middlesbrough's game at Chelsea last night (Monday)."

davech
09-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Funny you should mention Middlesborough's Pards:

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/is-former-newcastle-united-and-crystal-palace-boss-set-for-a-return-to-football-management/story-30321565-detail/story.html

"Former Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is being linked with a return to football management after being spotted in the stands for Middlesbrough's game at Chelsea last night (Monday)."

Is Conte on the way out too??

bodger
09-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Sunderland should never have gone down they have had plenty of time to build a decent team DM was a bad choice he took his losing run/mentality to them. Boro had an average team built on defending and needed luck in the transfer market Karanka looks a decent manager i would not write him off. We are in the Sunderland bracket no way should we have been so short in key positions if we stay up SA will address the problems. Hull have been short price favs from the start and have done very well to get to this stage still with a chance.

Joooe
09-05-2017, 06:14 PM
I actually had no idea 'til yesterday that Middlesbrough signed Guedioura. Him, Bamford and Gestede were really poor January signings.

Thinking back to our first season up, we saved our season in January with Dann and Ledley.

Robson
09-05-2017, 06:42 PM
I don't look at the table with things are going badly, it makes me feel ill.
Same here. Which is why I've barely looked at the table in 17 months....

racehorse-80s
09-05-2017, 09:38 PM

:D

cappuccinoeagle
09-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Fabio and Guzan poor signings too

ebyeeckeagle
09-05-2017, 10:34 PM

We were fifth at the start of the season though?

Jim Cannon
12-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Not sure sacking Karanka is to blame for the staggering lack of goals.

Not sacking him sooner might have been though. Plus pinning their hopes on Negredo to deliver goals was a pretty poor idea. They could have had Cameron Jerome and got the same return on vastly lower wages

JAS78
12-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Not sacking him sooner might have been though. Plus pinning their hopes on Negredo to deliver goals was a pretty poor idea. They could have had Cameron Jerome and got the same return on vastly lower wages

Bit harsh on Negredo as they spent most games camped in their own half