PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Chris Wood, Kiwi Striker who has been on fire this season in the Championship????

All_Fired_Up
09-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Hi People,

I have been taking a look at Chris Wood and have noticed that he has scored over 25 goals this season for leeds. I hear that the figure for this young forward is circa 10 million pounds.

I look forward to hearing your opinions on this matter.

Here is a youtube compilation for you to see what he can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5bgpHrQTGk

aashman12
09-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Hi People,

I have been taking a look at Chris Wood and have noticed that he has scored over 25 goals this season for leeds. I hear that the figure for this young forward is circa $10 million pounds.

I look forward to hearing your opinions on this matter.

Here is a youtube compilation for you to see what he can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5bgpHrQTGk

10 million dollar pounds. Hmmm interesting currency

RisZero
09-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Send this along with your CV to the club for a scouting position, you are clearly 5 steps ahead of anyone else :rolleyes:

CP-RJW
09-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Really no point unless we decided to move on/give up on Wickham, as we don't need a third target man.

Maidstoned Eagle
09-05-2017, 12:43 PM
10 million dollar pounds. Hmmm interesting currency

l91ISfcuzDw

Zohar's Penalty
09-05-2017, 12:46 PM
We should 100% be in for him in my opinion. More so if we get relegated. Which we wont. Probably. I hope.

Kirby
09-05-2017, 12:54 PM
It's Chris Wood.

Chris Woods is the ex-England goalkeeper.

Olympian2
09-05-2017, 01:19 PM
It's Chris Wood.

Chris Woods is the ex-England goalkeeper.

Now there's a thought. Jules between the sticks, Woods on the bench.

Olympian2
09-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Actually, **** it. Just buy the Leeds striker & stick him in goal.

All_Fired_Up
09-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Fair Call People, I agree I made a mistake with the title. Notice in my first paragraph I called him Wood.

Yes we have a target man in Benteke, but Wickham is a speedster he isn't as much a target man as a speed merchant that can poach goals. Chris I more like Benteke and would be a great back up for him over the course of the season.

Kirby
09-05-2017, 01:45 PM
He's done very well this season to be fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Brighton as competition for Murray and Hemed. They'll know him well from this season and he used to play for them back in the Withdean days.

CP-RJW
09-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Fair Call People, I agree I made a mistake with the title. Notice in my first paragraph I called him Wood.

Yes we have a target man in Benteke, but Wickham is a speedster he isn't as much a target man as a speed merchant that can poach goals. Chris I more like Benteke and would be a great back up for him over the course of the season.
Wickham is a speedster?! I've heard it all :supergrin:

gold76
09-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Wood looked good for a goal in every game he played, had a great season, would be good to see him step up, you'd assume they'd be looking for north of 10 million mind.

Anyone else see Ulloa going back to Brighton? Had a good spell there and goose surely cooked at Leicester..

cockles
09-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Palace tried to sign him years ago, iirc he went to Millwall on loan instead.

Doesn't look the sort to step up to the Prem imo.

MFBias
09-05-2017, 03:32 PM

You still didnt have to put 4 questions marks in the title though, Woods or Wood.

All_Fired_Up
09-05-2017, 03:32 PM
That's good to know, while Wickham was at Sunderland, he was very fast, used to run onto many overhead kicks and through balls.

Hey I live in Australia and admittedly haven't seen all the games this season, but those that I have seen he hasn't been playing.

CP-RJW
09-05-2017, 04:59 PM
That's good to know, while Wickham was at Sunderland, he was very fast, used to run onto many overhead kicks and through balls.

Hey I live in Australia and admittedly haven't seen all the games this season, but those that I have seen he hasn't been playing.
Don't worry about it: Wouldn't blame you for forgetting who Connor even is due to how little he plays! He's definitely bulked up a lot since Sunderland though, a little too much in my opinion as he's not as mobile now.

Stavros 69
09-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Someone please god change the thread title.

Latvian Eagle
09-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Wickham a speedster still has me laughing to myself. :D

I like Wood. He is the type of striker who tends to come up with a goal out of nowhere.

Harry Bassett
09-05-2017, 05:34 PM
We had Wood and Woods playing for us a long time ago, both good players.

Brian Wood from WBA and Charlie Woods who we sold to Ipswich when Bobby Robson was manager.

Billy Rhino
09-05-2017, 09:33 PM
George Wood?

Thefunkymonk
09-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Chris wood is championship player. No thanks... unless we end up there.. then yes

rainbow_child
09-05-2017, 10:01 PM
I think I'd get Wood if we signed him!

aashman12
10-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Wickham is a speedster?! I've heard it all :supergrin:

Ha ha ha. Speedster. Think this guy is following the wrong team

jhc
10-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Chris wood is championship player. No thanks... unless we end up there.. then yes

This ^
Not Prem standard imo.

ONFG
10-05-2017, 12:10 PM
He's done very well this season to be fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Brighton as competition for Murray and Hemed. They'll know him well from this season and he used to play for them back in the Withdean days.

A lot of us, including me, wouldnt want him back at BHA. You can do better.

orp pisshead1
10-05-2017, 08:05 PM
We had Wood and Woods playing for us a long time ago, both good players.

Brian Wood from WBA and Charlie Woods who we sold to Ipswich when Bobby Robson was manager.

Thought you was talking George wood.

glaziers fan
12-05-2017, 11:40 AM
This ^
Not Prem standard imo.

I disagree. He's being written off far too soon. Lost his way after impressing early on. Now he is stringing together goals on a regular basis. He's 6ft 3", maturing and pretty mobile for a target man. Not saying we should be in for him, but he could do well for a bottom-of-the-table Premier League side.

gold76
13-05-2017, 06:21 AM
I agree with Glaziers, and think someone will take a punt

Billyd
13-05-2017, 06:46 AM
Wickham is about as mobile as a dumper truck

Worksop Palace
13-05-2017, 06:55 AM
I disagree. He's being written off far too soon. Lost his way after impressing early on. Now he is stringing together goals on a regular basis. He's 6ft 3", maturing and pretty mobile for a target man. Not saying we should be in for him, but he could do well for a bottom-of-the-table Premier League side.

Well if he was playing in a bottom of the table premier league side, I'd doubt very much he was 'doing well'

Jim Cannon
13-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Well if he was playing in a bottom of the table premier league side, I'd doubt very much he was 'doing well'

Defoe, AJ examples of players who did well with struggling clubs to be fair