PDA

View Full Version : Iheanacho Signs for Leicester

jamescav0
13-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Allowed to leave City, would take him any day

Richwak
14-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Would be an incredible signing however will go to another top club playing in Europe I would imagine.

hughff
14-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Good God Yes please.

Bones14
14-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Bit out of our range I'd think.

You never know though.

The12thman
14-05-2017, 10:16 AM
How much though? Looks a cracking player net he will cost a bit though...No idea how much

RisZero
14-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Out of reach

Lee B
14-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes. [emoji817] yes

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Be all over this

mrB
14-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Never gonna happen

Jim Cannon
14-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Nah, not good enough*

just kidding

spt1978
14-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Would be amazing, wonder how much City would want.

aj4england
14-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Be perfect. Would be good for the future, spend the 20m and get him

Aki Aki Aki
14-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I am surprised that he is allowed to leave.

Shipp Ahoy!
14-05-2017, 07:55 PM
If he really was that good surely they wouldn't allow him to go unless on loan?

May well be within our reach. The thought of him alongside Benteke racing onto his headers... Cor!

dim
14-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Would love Itchy nitchy at Palace.

Fatboy
14-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Definitely - if the wages are right.

Latvian Eagle
14-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Next sesson will be our 5th consecutive in the top flight, and we have shown on our day we can beat anyone. People really need to stop with this we have no chance of signing certain players nonsense.

alexcpfc
14-05-2017, 08:13 PM
We could try our luck

averity
14-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Think we could get him

JAS78
14-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Allowed to leave City, would take him any day

Allowed to leave on loan or are they getting rid?

Been decent for them neither makes much sense

Jim Cannon
14-05-2017, 08:27 PM

Think Pep will be doing quite a bit of buying and selling this summer after a pretty disappointing season for them

jamescav0
14-05-2017, 08:34 PM

I think the article said if they can't sell him they'll loan him

Ralph
15-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Yes 100% if he would even consider us.

Nostrils
15-05-2017, 08:05 AM
No doubt a very good player and would be great as a loan, but with Benteke and Wickham already here, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on what would be essentially a second choice striker. We could be spending the money on Sakho and another creative midfielder, not to mention all the other positions we need.

Benzhiyi
15-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Why would he, or - as suggested on another thread - Batshuayi, come to warm the Selhurst bench behind Benteke when he'd be instant first choice at 8-10 Premier League clubs and numerous top flight sides across Europe?

As Nostrils says, it's money better spent elsewhere. Sakho, new GK, right back with similar pace to Schlupp/van Aanholt.

Latvian Eagle
15-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Apparently he is close to agreeing terms with Dortmund.

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Would be immense signing and indeed maybe unrealistic but who knows. Huge talent and the perfect foil for Benteke, but Defoe would be on a free (albeit a shorter-term option).

Martin H
17-05-2017, 01:48 AM
Can't see this happening but he is a good finisher, has real pace and different option up front for us. More likely if we moving to a 433 but can't see us affording his wages which I suspect are astronomical up there.

RisZero
18-05-2017, 02:48 PM
West Ham lol

Sky Sports News HQ‏ Verified account @SkySportsNewsHQ 6 minutes ago

BREAKING: @WestHamUtd interested in signing @ManCity forward @67Kelechi - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

Gyro1780
28-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Wonder if we're one of the other Prem clubs interested?

TheCharmer1
29-05-2017, 03:53 AM
Seems decent value in the current market. Can't seeing us being in for any potential first team players until we get a manager though !

Palace121
12-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Time to change to Rumour??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-kelechi-iheanacho-transfer-10608911

jimos_uk
12-06-2017, 12:01 PM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-kelechi-iheanacho-transfer-10608911

Probably not....

laboxers
12-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Would take this all day long.....although lots of other areas we need to improve first!

bigend1
12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
A safe investment if we could get him for that I'd imagine. Possible 442 depending on manager. He'd take punches place for me for some games (those not top 6) and I suspect be very exciting with benteke.

As others have said though we do need other positions and he's not going to be cheap so perhaps from a investment point of view in addition to any budget. if however we've say 50m total and want him and Sakho then we're very very thin in other areas

Stavros 69
12-06-2017, 12:38 PM
We're a perfect club for him.
If he's smart, he'd come here and bang in the goals for two seasons before moving onto a bigger arena.

TheCharmer1
12-06-2017, 12:43 PM
wasnt the issue for West Ham, the clause that after two years he could move back to Man City for only 5m extra on the fee?

jaspercpfc
12-06-2017, 12:57 PM
We're a perfect club for him.
If he's smart, he'd come here and bang in the goals for two seasons before moving onto a bigger arena.

agree with this. It would be a solid signing IMO and a win/win for both parties.

Palace121
12-06-2017, 02:57 PM
We're a perfect club for him. If he's smart, he'd come here and bang in the goals for two seasons before moving onto a bigger arena.

Depends. I think Big Ben would still be number 1 so I doubt he'd want to come to us if it meant sitting on the bench should we stick with 1 up top (even if only against the top clubs).

I hate to say it but I think West Ham would be a good fit for him. He'd be a guaranteed starter there.

Latvian Eagle
12-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Would snap him up in an instant. Bear in mind currently we have Benteke and Wickham. We need strikers and he offers something different to both of those.

Friskey
12-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Would be great.

elgin eagle
12-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Not really. We haven't got a manager.

HRS
12-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I like him but there's no way we'd spend 20m on a striker unless Benteke is going. Add to that we don't have a manager and it sounds like a load of horse shit.

Nigelbrag
12-06-2017, 04:33 PM
It's a no brainer without question he would be a fantastic investment, at just 20yrs old a natural goalscorer capable of getting 15-20 goals a season especially having Benteke to play off or alongside, would guarantee to double our investment within 2 years.
If Palace have any ambitions of survival let alone being a Top Ten club then we need to aim high which obviously will cost with probably an outlay of around 60m, these Four players would be my priority signings. Hopefully we can secure Sakho for around 28m, Iheanacho for around 18m, Delph for 10m, with Loftus-Cheek on loan, these are the type of quality signings we must aim for.
We can then balance the books if needs be with a compromise keeper in Cabalerro an excellent short term signing, at RB i would bring in Yedlin to offer Ward competition.

CharlieCPFC
12-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Agree with Nigel there, 4-5 solid signings is where we need to go.

Not only is Iheanacho a superb signing who will add goals and quality but he also adds very good resale value. He's a natural goalscorer, with or providing good competition with Benteke will only be a good thing. West Ham are supposedly going in for Giroud now so we may have a good chance with him.

Martin H
12-06-2017, 05:32 PM
It's a no brainer without question he would be a fantastic investment, at just 20yrs old a natural goalscorer capable of getting 15-20 goals a season especially having Benteke to play off or alongside, would guarantee to double our investment within 2 years.
If Palace have any ambitions of survival let alone being a Top Ten club then we need to aim high which obviously will cost with probably an outlay of around 60m, these Four players would be my priority signings. Hopefully we can secure Sakho for around 28m, Iheanacho for around 18m, Delph for 10m, with Loftus-Cheek on loan, these are the type of quality signings we must aim for.
We can then balance the books if needs be with a compromise keeper in Cabalerro an excellent short term signing, at RB i would bring in Yedlin to offer Ward competition.

I really like the names but if we are seriously going to play with 2 up front PLUS 2 wingers then we have to improve the back 4 a boatload and need seriously good midfielder because they will mostly be outnumbered in the middle of the park. The challenge here is to work towards that shape while strengthening the squad over time and I am not sure we can hack that in one window with a change of manager too. Tough one.

I don't think PVA could play in that back 4 and although Schlupp has been quite impressive I am not sure he can either. Ward would definitely struggle and Tomkins might not make it either. If Delph came then 2 of him, Luka and Cabaye could work.

If we sacrifice a winger and play a sort of 4 3 3 with one side tucked in it might work but taking your 2 up front seriously. The alternate is to go 3 at the back but that gives you different problems with the personnel - i.e. Wilf and Townsend at WB? Hmmmm.

As I say - love the names - it's playing the 2 down the middle that troubles me. .

rambo1
12-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Next sesson will be our 5th consecutive in the top flight, and we have shown on our day we can beat anyone. People really need to stop with this we have no chance of signing certain players nonsense.

Absolutely.
Going into our 5th consecutive Season in the Premier League,we're Establishing ourselves as a Midtable side & for Further Progression we Need to Sign Players for between 20-30 Million,as with Christian Benteke.

Nostrils
12-06-2017, 05:54 PM
I'd rather spend the money on a classy midfielder, he would be good though.

Nigelbrag
12-06-2017, 06:46 PM
I really like the names but if we are seriously going to play with 2 up front PLUS 2 wingers then we have to improve the back 4 a boatload and need seriously good midfielder because they will mostly be outnumbered in the middle of the park. The challenge here is to work towards that shape while strengthening the squad over time and I am not sure we can hack that in one window with a change of manager too. Tough one.

I don't think PVA could play in that back 4 and although Schlupp has been quite impressive I am not sure he can either. Ward would definitely struggle and Tomkins might not make it either. If Delph came then 2 of him, Luka and Cabaye could work.

If we sacrifice a winger and play a sort of 4 3 3 with one side tucked in it might work but taking your 2 up front seriously. The alternate is to go 3 at the back but that gives you different problems with the personnel - i.e. Wilf and Townsend at WB? Hmmmm.

As I say - love the names - it's playing the 2 down the middle that troubles me. .

Firstly we have to see who the manager is and what system he favours, what i am suggesting is my own personal view, as for formation it could be flexible depending on the players and their quality you have at your disposal.
Without question the squad needs uplifting to last season if we are to avoid the constant annual struggle as results showed also by just surviving, assuming there is a possibility some from last season may have moved on (Cabaye and Townsend for example) if that was so, the players i suggested would be the replacements.
This would be MY formation and line up, which could be a flexible 3-4-1-2, or a 4-3-1-2 or whatever to suit the situation.
Personally i feel a Back Three of Tomkins-Dann-Sakho gives us a well balanced defence, along with a solid "spine" in Midfield which Luka and Delph would provide real bite and strength, and supplemented with the attacking Loftus-Cheek in whichever way he is used either as an attacking midfielder or in a solid "Midfield Three".
It's having the flexibility of having players able to adapt as Chelsea have done/shown so effectively that makes it work, Zaha and Van Arnholt to then provide width, and for the goals that will be needed, having Benteke and Iheanacho is not a bad choice.
Off course this is an attacking formation and cannot be used in all games when we would need to adjust to suit, but one thing for sure we Wont be pushovers as before, and make the team a joy to watch for a change.

Palace Bear
12-06-2017, 06:51 PM
If signed, it would be another player lost to AFCON, which is a massive consideration.

cpfcfan124
12-06-2017, 06:53 PM
An unreal player. I'm sure SP realises that if we are seriously interested.

Zohar's Penalty
12-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Imagine....

Zaha Benteke Iheanacho

Scary

Herb
12-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Imagine....

Zaha Benteke Iheanacho

Scary

All I can imagine when I read this post is Townsend sitting on the bench.

Bensjamin247
12-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Many of you seem to have your minds made up, but I still have doubts over his ability.
I too have seen him score a number of tap ins, towards the end of the game when he comes on and the oppo are beat/tired already.
His touches and passes in buildup play don't look good enough for a 20m player.
Yes he's only 20, but he hasn't shown enough to warrant that price tag. Would sooner let Wham take the gamble, and get burnt ��

GreatGonzo
12-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Imagine....

Zaha Benteke Iheanacho

Scary

GK
Tomkins-Dann-Sakho
RWB-Luka-Cabaye-PVA
Ihenacho-Benteke-Zaha

regal_eagle
12-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Considering the self-abasement most Palace supporters suffer from, and the fact he scored against us, securing his team the 3 points during the vinegar strokes of the Home match in 2015, he would fit in perfectly :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0axwVItG4Q

"Ihea-nacho, nacho-man" is also the chant I've been waiting for for like ages :D

eagles #1
12-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Many of you seem to have your minds made up, but I still have doubts over his ability.
I too have seen him score a number of tap ins, towards the end of the game when he comes on and the oppo are beat/tired already.
His touches and passes in buildup play don't look good enough for a 20m player.
Yes he's only 20, but he hasn't shown enough to warrant that price tag. Would sooner let Wham take the gamble, and get burnt ��
I agree. Don't think he's all that. Yes, he's only young, but not worth 20m...Yet.

Palace Mad
12-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Like to have him but not for 20 million

Stavros 69
12-06-2017, 08:28 PM
GK
Tomkins-Dann-Sakho
RWB-Luka-Cabaye-PVA
Ihenacho-Benteke-Zaha

More like this

------------GK----------
RB-Tomkins-Sakho-PvA
-------Luka-Cabaye------
--------Ihenacho--------
Townsend-Benteke-Zaha

cpfcfan1
12-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Jesus yes please

Kidofwonder
12-06-2017, 08:35 PM
I don't think it's where we need to spend that much money

Steamy
12-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Jesus yes please

I don't think City will let us have him. He's kind of the reason why Iheanacho is surplus.

mb23
12-06-2017, 09:46 PM
GK
Tomkins-Dann-Sakho
RWB-Luka-Cabaye-PVA
Ihenacho-Benteke-Zaha

Like that A LOT. With Macca, Punch, Townsend and Wickham off the bench. :eek:

meee
12-06-2017, 10:05 PM
If signed, it would be another player lost to AFCON, which is a massive consideration.

Nigeria didn't qualify for the last one!

Gyro1780
13-06-2017, 01:32 AM
More like this

------------GK----------
RB-Tomkins-Sakho-PvA
-------Luka-Cabaye------
--------Ihenacho--------
Townsend-Benteke-Zaha

What a quality team that would be :p

thehalifaxman
13-06-2017, 06:21 AM
loan

Vince Hilaire's Afro
13-06-2017, 06:32 AM

We have no chance of signing Gareth Bale

Stavros 69
13-06-2017, 07:13 AM
What a quality team that would be :p

Basically having Wilf, Townsend and Iheanacho running at you, with Big Ben knocking everyone out of the way.

GreatGonzo
13-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Basically having Wilf, Townsend and Iheanacho running at you, with Big Ben knocking everyone out of the way.

Your team, very attacking so maybe more at home and against lower teams, but it wouldn't affect the versatility of changing systems. Wingbacks in the formation i posted or even a flat back 5 away at the big boys.

Even if you did go with Benteke up top alone and start Iheanacho on the bench, he would be pretty certain of 20-30 minutes on those occasions. That is without injury and suspensions being considered.

Fee is high but a very good player who knows where the goal is.

Stavros 69
13-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Your team, very attacking so maybe more at home and against lower teams, but it wouldn't affect the versatility of changing systems. Wingbacks in the formation i posted or even a flat back 5 away at the big boys.

Even if you did go with Benteke up top alone and start Iheanacho on the bench, he would be pretty certain of 20-30 minutes on those occasions. That is without injury and suspensions being considered.

Fee is high but a very good player who knows where the goal is.

I disagree, it's actually quite flexible.

Attacking:
---------------GK----------
-------Tomkins-Sakho-----------
--------------Luka------------
RB--------------------------PvA
Townsend--Cabaye-------Zaha
---------Benteke--Ihenacho----

Defensive:
------------GK----------
RB-Tomkins-Sakho-PvA
Townsend-Luka-Cabaye-Zaha
--------Ihenacho--------
---------------------------------
--------Benteke----------

Why would we want to lose an extra man in MF?! Wingbacks only work if you have world class players and we don't have Roberto Carlos.

CP-RJW
13-06-2017, 09:53 AM

Attacking:

Defensive:
------------GK----------
RB-Tomkins-Sakho-PvA
--------Ihenacho--------

Why would we want to lose an extra man in MF?! Wingbacks only work if you have world class players and we don't have Roberto Carlos.
Is Iheanacho a proven attacking midfielder?

TheCharmer1
13-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Is Iheanacho a proven attacking midfielder?

No he's a poacher who doesn't work the channels, doesn't really hold the ball up, or provide link play. City fans are pretty universal on that. He's straight finisher.

GreatGonzo
13-06-2017, 11:48 AM

Attacking:

Defensive:
------------GK----------
RB-Tomkins-Sakho-PvA
--------Ihenacho--------

You misread it. I was supporting the notion that signing Ihenacho would allow us to have a flexible squad able to play differently against different opposition.

Argualbly all of PVA, Schlupp and Souare on the left would all benefit from playing as wing-back, all probably slightly better going forward than defending.

Ward on the other side is the opposite.

Think Pelligrino used wing backs at Alaves and they weren't 'world-class' players, they were well coached.m No-one last summer was calling Victor Moses world class and as a wing back he won the league.

CP-RJW
13-06-2017, 12:20 PM
No he's a poacher who doesn't work the channels, doesn't really hold the ball up, or provide link play. City fans are pretty universal on that. He's straight finisher.

Yep that's what I thought too, so was confused by people plonking him in the number 10 spot.

Stavros 69
13-06-2017, 12:32 PM
You misread it. I was supporting the notion that signing Ihenacho would allow us to have a flexible squad able to play differently against different opposition.

Argualbly all of PVA, Schlupp and Souare on the left would all benefit from playing as wing-back, all probably slightly better going forward than defending.

Ward on the other side is the opposite.

Think Pelligrino used wing backs at Alaves and they weren't 'world-class' players, they were well coached.m No-one last summer was calling Victor Moses world class and as a wing back he won the league.

Yeah, fair point.

I'm also not trying to stick him in the no.10 spot, he'll play more alongside Benteke, he's just young and mobile enough to get back and help out the midfield, interchange with the wingers etc.
I think we'd double our money in a couple of years.

eaglebhoy
15-06-2017, 12:30 PM

So a younger and possibly better version of Dwight Gayle ?

jimmy the gent
15-06-2017, 01:22 PM
We have no chance of signing Gareth Bale

I feel confident that John Charles signature will continue to elude us this summer.

sirdougie
16-06-2017, 07:33 AM

A much, much, much better version of Gayle

Stavros 69
16-06-2017, 07:36 AM
We have to get a good striker to compete/play alongside Benteke.
If he gets injured, we're in so much trouble.
Knowing our luck, as he stayed pretty much injury free last season, he'll get crocked game 1.

Oli28
16-06-2017, 08:03 AM
"Possibly" :supergrin:

100% Palace
16-06-2017, 12:12 PM
We have to get a good striker to compete/play alongside Benteke.
If he gets injured, we're in so much trouble.
Knowing our luck, as he stayed pretty much injury free last season, he'll get crocked game 1.

The game after the transfer window closes more like

Liam_Palace
25-06-2017, 07:12 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-ready-back-incoming-10687601.amp

Bump

CharlieCPFC
25-06-2017, 07:14 PM
This makes sense, has the legs to start the high press. And a goalscorer too.

RisZero
25-06-2017, 07:28 PM
I would fking love Iheanacho here, would have thought he might be above us

spt1978
25-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Would be a great signing but we need to improve other areas of the squad before splashing out on strikers.

DARZET EAGLE
25-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Iheanacho would be a great signing, The article claims that City would want a buy back clause written in to a deal. This suggests that they believe he will develope into a quality striker, at only 20 years old.

DARZET EAGLE
25-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Would be a great signing but we need to improve other areas of the squad before splashing out on strikers.

I have no doubt that we will cover the gaps, once De Boer has assessed his players in conjunction with the coaching team.

spt1978
25-06-2017, 07:56 PM
I have no doubt that we will cover the gaps, once De Boer has assessed his players in conjunction with the coaching team.

This guy is a 20m plus signing, will be amazed if we spend that on another striker.

bourne man
25-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Us or the Hammers allegedly
Seen it somewhere that hes coming to London
And no, not ITK

RisZero
25-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Us or the Hammers allegedly
Seen it somewhere that hes coming to London
And no, not ITK

Hopefully De Boers links with Pep could swing it

Gyro1780
25-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Maybe Phil Barber knows more? ;)

Would love Iheanacho to come here. Would be a great partner for Benteke.

AJ's right boot
25-06-2017, 08:46 PM
This would be amazing! Surely he will have his sights on a team in the CL though?

dim
25-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Love itchy nitchy... would be delighted to see him in our colours

Owngoal
25-06-2017, 09:07 PM
He has not been a first choice and needs to go to a club where he will be. He can be our no. 10 and with Wickham also available it could be a fantastic strike force.

Ralph
25-06-2017, 09:19 PM
A 1 in 3 strike rate across all domestic competitions and 6 in 10 international appearances...and he's 20.

Would probably be one of the best signings we've ever made to pull this off...can't see it happening myself.

DARZET EAGLE
25-06-2017, 09:58 PM
A 1 in 3 strike rate across all domestic competitions and 6 in 10 international appearances...and he's 20.

Would probably be one of the best signings we've ever made to pull this off...can't see it happening myself.

It's Palace, we were able to secure Kuqi remember.:sob:

danpalace07
25-06-2017, 10:20 PM
pleeeeease happen, he would be so good

Joe85
25-06-2017, 10:23 PM
I hope he's as good as the last Nigerian forward we had...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/c107e2c350f3c91050b312b012a3c99e.jpeg

Palaceborn
25-06-2017, 10:32 PM
I hope he's as good as the last Nigerian forward we had...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/c107e2c350f3c91050b312b012a3c99e.jpeg

Or Victor Moses :afro:

Joe85
25-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Or Victor Moses :afro:

Forgot about him, although I will try to worm out of it and sat he was a winger. :D

jamescav0
25-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Forgot about him, although I will try to worm out of it and sat he was a winger. :D

Shola Ameobi?

Joe85
26-06-2017, 04:36 AM
Shola Ameobi?

Dammit

cpfcfan1
26-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Sounds as if de boer is keen on this lad.

RisZero
26-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Sounds as if de boer is keen on this lad.

Dont blame him, the potential is clear

kit82
27-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Can't see how we can spend 20m+ on a striker from what will be a very limited budget this summer..

stumpy feelers
27-06-2017, 08:24 AM
How do people know we have a limited budget? Bet we haven't.

evvo111
27-06-2017, 08:29 AM

Is that a ManBet?

bigend1
27-06-2017, 08:38 AM
I'd be surprised if we spent mega bucks. That said I imagine we've got a bit more than we claim to.

Frankie would've wanted some to spend and was happy to come. Steve has always backed a new manager with cash and isn't going to come out and tell other teams we're chucking money around.

Inheanacho and Sakho seem to be linked and I suspect we might get one of them, or at least be seriously bidding. 4-5 decent players is likely to be 50m. That's the game these days.

30m probably
50m perhaps if the yanks are truely excited by frank

Anymore I think would be unlikely but we just don't know. The finances in football have changed so much it's hard to know. I suspect the wage bill will be far more limiting than the transfer fees now

dave_who_ru
27-06-2017, 08:41 AM

Because we were the biggest net spenders in January.

Because there are no fringe players who we can sell for a big fee to offset the cost of new players.

Because the wage cap still limits us.

Latvian Eagle
27-06-2017, 08:42 AM
Can't see how we can spend 20m+ on a striker from what will be a very limited budget this summer..

Even though we only have two strikers, one of whom is still injured. I'd say a decent striker is a must.

kit82
27-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Even though we only have two strikers, one of whom is still injured. I'd say a decent striker is a must.

Agree we desperately need probably 2 strikers, but don't need a first XI striker so can't see us spending that money on one.

cb, rb, gk and acm are areas I believe would need bigger spending...or good loans!

Eaglefoz
27-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Because there are no fringe players who we can sell for a big fee to offset the cost of new players.

Is this not countered by the fact that we have the 8th largest sponsorship deal in the premiership now ?

FMH57
27-06-2017, 09:36 AM

Because we have the 5th richest owners in the Premiership with Harris and Blitzer worth a combined 3.4 BILLION.
More than the owners of Man U , and more than the owners of West Ham and Liverpool combined.

Old Joe Paxton
27-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Because we have the 5th richest owners in the Premiership with Harris and Blitzer worth a combined 3.4 BILLION.
More than the owners of Man U , and more than the owners of West Ham and Liverpool combined.

So you haven't considered this isn't a football video game: they are businessmen and have a business plan to make it at least a break even or self sustainable part of their investment portfolio. Not sure it is their plaything. They have spent tens of millions on the club.

elgin eagle
27-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Is that a ManBet?

:)

I bet you one crystal girl it is.

Zohar's Penalty
27-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Quality player, but can he play wide? He wouldn't want to come in as a back up to Benteke. If it's a back up we're after, I would get Chris Wood in for half the price.

Although the prospect of Zaha Benteke Iheanacho as a front three is mouth watering. Albeit very, very harsh on Andros Townsend who I thought was great in the second half of the season,

BillyTKid
27-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Man City are reported to want a buy back clause at a similar level to the selling price. Therefore the buying club have all the potential downside but very limited upside if the player does well. A bit like Real Madrid had with Morata at Juventus. If true I think it makes it a loss less attractive and we might be better looking at other young targets.

FourtyTwo
27-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Given all the areas that we likely need to be buying for (GK, RB, CB, AM, CF), I can't see us going for someone at this sort of price where the main person for the single position (assuming we play with one central striker next season again, even if we switch to 4-3-3) is already in place.

IMO, the money would be far better spent getting in either Sakho or what we have been lacking since getting promoted, being a quality number 10, who is able to provide that little spark when games are tight - Sigurdsson at Swansea being an example of the type of player (not a suggestion, as I suspect he's out of our league now).

SilentAssassin
27-06-2017, 10:44 AM
If we are to spend big on one player, I hope that player would be Sakho. Our main problem last season was the defence more than up top. As much as I like the idea of Iheanacho, I think we are a bit behind in being able to afford him and address our defensive problems.

Shipp Ahoy!
27-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Possibly but if its the wage cap that is limiting...

Sakho gone from the bill (around 100k?).
Campbell - 30k+?
Ledley - 30k+?
Flamini - 20/25k?
All the others probably on much smaller wages - 20k combined maybe?

Looking at a good 175k-200k off the wage bill? Although perhaps because Sakho was on such a short deal it won't count...

Shipp Ahoy!
27-06-2017, 11:03 AM
If we are to spend big on one player, I hope that player would be Sakho. Our main problem last season was the defence more than up top. As much as I like the idea of Iheanacho, I think we are a bit behind in being able to afford him and address our defensive problems.

Agree, but I suspect if we can get Iheanacho for 20m give or take and Liverpool are insisting on 30m for Sakho then one maybe doable the other not!

AJ
27-06-2017, 11:09 AM
I just dont understand how 20 and 30m can be expected for players that a team dosn't want?

Stockport_Eagle
27-06-2017, 11:13 AM
I just dont understand how 20 and 30m can be expected for players that a team dosn't want?
I just dont understand how 20 and 30m can be expected for players

Martin H
27-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Possibly but if its the wage cap that is limiting...

Sakho gone from the bill (around 100k?).
Campbell - 30k+?
Ledley - 30k+?
Flamini - 20/25k?
All the others probably on much smaller wages - 20k combined maybe?

Looking at a good 175k-200k off the wage bill? Although perhaps because Sakho was on such a short deal it won't count...

But you still have to replace most of those at least and with wages spiralling for average players I am not sure there is a lot of scope in that - some but not much.

Owngoal
27-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Campbell was 37K. Our biggest current drain is Sako because he is not cabable of getting into the team, along with Lee (ditto Steve M who is taking up the wage of a first team keeper but not being one). Zeki was on at least 25K and along with Joe and Campbell that is the salary of a quality first teamer. Had forgotten about Flamini and who knows his salary

TheCharmer1
27-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Campbell was 37K. Our biggest current drain is Sako because he is not cabable of getting into the team, along with Lee (ditto Steve M who is taking up the wage of a first team keeper but not being one). Zeki was on at least 25K and along with Joe and Campbell that is the salary of a quality first teamer. Had forgotten about Flamini and who knows his salary

How do you know all that ?

elgin eagle
27-06-2017, 12:04 PM
How do you know all that ?

Mutch told him :)

Palace121
27-06-2017, 12:25 PM

There's no way Zeki Fryers would have been on 25k.

Martin H
27-06-2017, 12:37 PM

Bought him for 3m didn't we (all in figure quoted) and so could believe he was on something close.

Mr Palace
27-06-2017, 12:39 PM

He was. Several well informed posters have indicated this. It's the main reason we couldn't move him on as no championship club could match his wages so he saw out his contract as he didn't appear interested in progressing his career. A real waste of space and I'm glad he's finally gone. I've got a friend who supports Rotherham who said fryers was awful for them on loan - no application whatsoever. They also had Jack Hunt around that time and he was the complete opposite and was a fans favourite.

danpalace07
27-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Has he signed yet?

AJ
27-06-2017, 02:26 PM
He was. Several well informed posters have indicated this. It's the main reason we couldn't move him on as no championship club could match his wages so he saw out his contract as he didn't appear interested in progressing his career. A real waste of space and I'm glad he's finally gone. I've got a friend who supports Rotherham who said fryers was awful for them on loan - no application whatsoever. They also had Jack Hunt around that time and he was the complete opposite and was a fans favourite.
I doubt any first team players are on less than 25k, except maybe KaiKai. I remember that when we signed Gayle he was given a contract of 19k a week and that was 4 years ago before the massive increases in tv money. I doubt we will sign any players this season on less than 50k a week, unless they are youth or development players.

GreatGonzo
27-06-2017, 02:35 PM
FDB and Guadiola are friends I read in one report which may make this, or other deals more likely. My guess and that is all it needs is, is that FDB has a better network and reputation with which to get transfer deals done.

thereichstuff
27-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Maybe get him on a youth loan .

Mr Palace
27-06-2017, 03:05 PM
I doubt any first team players are on less than 25k, except maybe KaiKai. I remember that when we signed Gayle he was given a contract of 19k a week and that was 4 years ago before the massive increases in tv money. I doubt we will sign any players this season on less than 50k a week, unless they are youth or development players.

I imagine that is the case too. Crazy wages spent on average players - most depressingly when it goes to some young players who seem to lose their drive after they've already set themselves up for life.

danpalace07
27-06-2017, 03:16 PM
FDB and Guadiola are friends I read in one report which may make this, or other deals more likely. My guess and that is all it needs is, is that FDB has a better network and reputation with which to get transfer deals done.

Having a manager like Frank does help us in this way, I never considered that. If a bigger club's manager trusts us to give youth a chance and to play a style of football that isn't a million miles away from their own then we could attract better loans and players with buy back clauses. Even Bournemouth got Wilshere over us because of this.

Palace121
27-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Having a manager like Frank does help us in this way, I never considered that. If a bigger club's manager trusts us to give youth a chance and to play a style of football that isn't a million miles away from their own then we could attract better loans and players with buy back clauses. Even Bournemouth got Wilshere over us because of this.

Nope, they got Wilshere because his best mate was at the club.

costello
27-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Nope, they got Wilshere because his best mate was at the club.
Bournemouth got Wilshere because they offered him more money than anyone else.

carter
27-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Bournemouth got Wilshere because they offered him more money than anyone else.

Excuse my ignorance but I don't get that? Bournemouth loaned him. If he was getting paid 80k a week by Arsenal he would still have got 80k a week at Palace, Bournemouth or Sutton United.

Unless you mean Bournemouth offered to pay more of Wilsheres wages from Arsenal than we did?

Anyway, Wilshere or this lad would be good signings

DARZET EAGLE
27-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Excuse my ignorance but I don't get that? Bournemouth loaned him. If he was getting paid 80k a week by Arsenal he would still have got 80k a week at Palace, Bournemouth or Sutton United.

Unless you mean Bournemouth offered to pay more of Wilsheres wages from Arsenal than we did?

Your opinion Carter but I would prefer Iheanacho, younger, fitter and a better eye for goal.

Palace121
27-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Your opinion Carter but I would prefer Iheanacho, younger, fitter and a better eye for goal.

You'd hope a striker would have a better eye for goal.

100% Palace
27-06-2017, 07:18 PM

TBH I'm not entirely sure how it works, but wasn't there the story that we were paying Upson double his Arsenal wage while he was on loan here?

hughff
27-06-2017, 08:29 PM
TBH I'm not entirely sure how it works, but wasn't there the story that we were paying Upson double his Arsenal wage while he was on loan here?
I can't remember if it was double but the story was certainly that we were paying more than 100%. Possibly this was to compensate for not paying a "loan fee."

spt1978
27-06-2017, 10:21 PM

City work under the same wage increase constraints as the rest us, just because the managers know each other will not influence the finances of a transfer.

mikeywm3
06-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh 8s9 seconds ago
Leicester City new favourites to sign Kelechi Iheanacho for 25m after West Ham drop out of race for the Manchester City striker

JAS78
06-07-2017, 05:53 PM
He might be worth 25M still some what untested week in week out, but it's well out of our range this summer

This is silly season with transfer fees and they're only going to get higher. Gulp

TheCharmer1
06-07-2017, 05:54 PM
25m to sit on the bench ?

cpfcfan1
06-07-2017, 05:55 PM
He'll partner vardy up top, ulloah will leave, vardy iheanacho, ozzaki and musa not too bad

Nostrils
06-07-2017, 06:09 PM
He'll partner vardy up top, ulloah will leave, vardy iheanacho, ozzaki and musa not too bad
Don't forget Slimani.

I always thought that Ozzaki looked decent, but he only managed 3 goals and one assist in 30 PL games (pretty sure one was against us). I'd have him here if he was cheap enough though - grafter and could be ok next to Benteke or Wickham.

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 06:09 PM
We won't be signing a striker for 25m when we have a 30m already

AddoWolz
06-07-2017, 06:11 PM

And they will be a mid table team , how does our current team compare ? I'm thinking probably 17th best squad , we need to get some good quality into the team and in particular an attacking goalscoring midfielder .

Neckinger Eagle
06-07-2017, 06:12 PM
*cough* 25 million? *splutter*

cpfcfan1
06-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Don't forget Slimani.

I always thought that Ozzaki looked decent, but he only managed 3 goals and one assist in 30 PL games (pretty sure one was against us). I'd have him here if he was cheap enough though - grafter and could be ok next to Benteke or Wickham.

Forgot about him! Ulloah and mussa to leave then

New LP
06-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Surprised there isn't a queue of clubs interested. Always looks a class act and scores goals.

GreatGonzo
06-07-2017, 06:36 PM
We won't be signing a striker for 25m when we have a 30m already

And yet Leicester will, in addition to having a striker in the England squad?

chandlem68
06-07-2017, 06:38 PM
And yet Leicester will, in addition to having a striker in the England squad?

They have money to burn from last seasons champions league.

New LP
06-07-2017, 06:48 PM

We of course have no money.

Zaha ha ha
06-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Can someone explain to me how our 'billionaire US owners' benefit us on the transfer front?

Are our hands tied because of FFP or something? Are they only able to finance non-player assets like the stadium?

I confess to a lack of knowledge on this subject but I'm genuinely confused if the value of our owners' bank balance benefits transfers as Abramovich did at CFC.

TWELLSEagle
06-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Can someone explain to me how our 'billionaire US owners' benefit us on the transfer front?

Are our hands tied because of FFP or something? Are they only able to finance non-player assets like the stadium?

I confess to a lack of knowledge on this subject but I'm genuinely confused if the value of our owners' bank balance benefits transfers as Abramovich did at CFC.

Abramovich, as far as I understand, ploughs his own money in and gets sod all back, he has too much money for it to matter. Our guys are very rich but they're businessmen and every time we want to sign a player for that kind of money, SP has to ask each member of the consortium to stump up some dough. That's one problem, FFP is another, but we seem to be the only club playing by the rules? I don't understand it either.

Palaceguard
06-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Plus if they plan (or have conceded) to sell Mahrez to the Gooners...

Nigelbrag
07-07-2017, 07:23 AM
It's called a lack of ambition and being over cautious, hope it does not come back and bite us on the bum. If we look at the facts the "lesser" teams that we know will be near the bottom fighting relegation come May are ALL strengthening well, teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and even Huddersfield are putting together a competitive side, which is going to make it a real scrap for Palace to face.
Hopefully come the end of August we doubters will have egg on our faces when the club have added FOUR quality additions, or am i being optimistic? it's only because we care and don't want to see yet another season of struggle.

TWELLSEagle
07-07-2017, 07:44 AM
It's called a lack of ambition and being over cautious, hope it does not come back and bite us on the bum. If we look at the facts the "lesser" teams that we know will be near the bottom fighting relegation come May are ALL strengthening well, teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and even Huddersfield are putting together a competitive side, which is going to make it a real scrap for Palace to face.
Hopefully come the end of August we doubters will have egg on our faces when the club have added FOUR quality additions, or am i being optimistic? it's only because we care and don't want to see yet another season of struggle.

I think it's a bit early to be concerned. I think we will do well this window and I think we are an attractive proposition with FDB in charge.

Jasper
07-07-2017, 08:33 AM

Did we show a lack of ambition in January? Do you have to spend crazy money every transfer window to be ambitious?

Nigelbrag
07-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Did we show a lack of ambition in January? Do you have to spend crazy money every transfer window to be ambitious?

No we did not, but by doing so saved our premiership lives JUST, and that was mainly down to the sterling work of Sakho who from all accounts will NOT be with us again.
As for spending "crazy" money in the transfer window, off course not but it also needs to be a competitive figure to be able to compete or you end up with no better than what you are trying to replace/improve.
And lets not forget with a new manager he needs to be given a budget that he is able to work with if he is expected to perform miracles, hence why we spent what we did in January probably to meet Big Sams demands.
That's not being over ambitious, just facing up to the reality of what is needed today if you wish to stay in the lucrative premiership and stay reaping it's benefits.

Nigelbrag
07-07-2017, 10:10 AM
I think it's a bit early to be concerned. I think we will do well this window and I think we are an attractive proposition with FDB in charge.

I wont say it is a question of pressing the panic button just yet and i haven't, as you rightly say there is time before the window shuts. But with a new manager appointment we need to give him the opportunity to bring in players and settle them in also what will be expected to carry out his methods, and that only comes from more time on the training pitch into helping existing and any new players brought in.
Surely by keeping on the backroom staff FdB would have been made aware on taking over of where our weakness lay and what areas were a priority for strengthening, i accept it is early days but am expecting a couple of signings to be added next week, hopefully.
Just look at Wagner at Huddersfield, knowing a promoted club has a major task ahead and when strengthening his squad with new additions, giving them as much time as possible to settle in and also the into getting his methods across by work on the training pitch in advance, preparation is key as it takes time, which is what Big Sam said on joining.

jamieb73
07-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Calm down. The window doesn't really open up until beg of August, where once some players go, it'll open up the door to other players which will be available to us. FDB needs time to properly assess his squad. Chair always backs his manager and I'm sure he will, although the recent mention of low funds available is a slight concern given that some players are probably gonna be offloaded that aren't worth that much apart from Jimmy Mac...

RisZero
07-07-2017, 10:25 AM
I do wish the club would stop leaking our transfer budgets to BBSers who seem to somehow know it every season :p

TWELLSEagle
07-07-2017, 10:33 AM
I do wish the club would stop leaking our transfer budgets to BBSers who seem to somehow know it every season :p

At least we no longer have the insightful "wages will be an issue" posts

Sir.S.C Remembered
08-07-2017, 03:18 PM
And they will be a mid table team , how does our current team compare ? I'm thinking probably 17th best squad , we need to get some good quality into the team and in particular an attacking goalscoring midfielder .

17th best squad?! Get real.

You can only play 11 as Leicester themselves proved. Our starting 11 is extremely strong. A 50m Zaha, Townsend, Cabaye 30m Benteke, 15m Luka, 10m Tomkins, 14m PVA, 12m Schlupp arguably on bench...

We've only got rid of deadwood. The youngsters wouldn't do any worse than them.

New LP
08-07-2017, 03:41 PM

No we realised we were on the verge of relegation due to sticking with Pardew for way too long and having gone into the season light on players.

Therefore we had little choice but to spend big, at the most expensive time in a football season to buy players to keep us up.

Not an approach I want to see repeated this time.

Gyro1780
08-07-2017, 03:48 PM

Exactly @ RisZero :p
Nobody knows & as i said the other day SP will do what he can to sign the players we need whether we spend 20m or 50m

PALACEWU
08-07-2017, 04:08 PM

It's all well and good not liking it but it's happens every rumour/window. It's the summer, go out and get annoyed at something real and then post it on the TTAY thread.

JannerEagle
08-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I wont say it is a question of pressing the panic button just yet and i haven't, as you rightly say there is time before the window shuts. But with a new manager appointment we need to give him the opportunity to bring in players and settle them in also what will be expected to carry out his methods, and that only comes from more time on the training pitch into helping existing and any new players brought in.
Surely by keeping on the backroom staff FdB would have been made aware on taking over of where our weakness lay and what areas were a priority for strengthening, i accept it is early days but am expecting a couple of signings to be added next week, hopefully.
Just look at Wagner at Huddersfield, knowing a promoted club has a major task ahead and when strengthening his squad with new additions, giving them as much time as possible to settle in and also the into getting his methods across by work on the training pitch in advance, preparation is key as it takes time, which is what Big Sam said on joining.
Youve sort of answered your own question here - so its hardly " .. a lack of ambition and being over cautious" as you put it earlier!

And Wagner knows what they need to strengthen the team as he's been there over a year, unfortunately de Boer doesnt know - yet.

RisZero
08-07-2017, 04:43 PM
It's all well and good not liking it but it's happens every rumour/window. It's the summer, go out and get annoyed at something real and then post it on the TTAY thread.

In was tongue in cheek, I dont actually think the club is leaking budgets to BBSers, im implying BBSers often talk shit ;)

Also people still use the "there's a world outside your window" thing? Its 2017, I can open a forum on my phone :D

st albans
08-07-2017, 04:48 PM
People just seen to want us to buy everyone we're linked with. It's a joke. 30m for Sakho, 25m for this guy, 10m for grosicki, etc etc. We'd be bankrupt within a few months

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
08-07-2017, 06:17 PM
No we did not, but by doing so saved our premiership lives JUST, and that was mainly down to the sterling work of Sakho who from all accounts will NOT be with us again.
As for spending "crazy" money in the transfer window, off course not but it also needs to be a competitive figure to be able to compete or you end up with no better than what you are trying to replace/improve.
And lets not forget with a new manager he needs to be given a budget that he is able to work with if he is expected to perform miracles, hence why we spent what we did in January probably to meet Big Sams demands.
That's not being over ambitious, just facing up to the reality of what is needed today if you wish to stay in the lucrative premiership and stay reaping it's benefits.

I do wish people would stop making out we stayed up 'mainly' because of Sahko. I'd say having a DM shielding the defense AND using the ball well for the first time since we went up had something to do with it, not to mention the goals Benteke scored and the freedom Cabaye had to express once BFS re-positioned Wilf and Andros, allowing a fluidity in attack we've also not seen since promotion. Finally, there was the contribution of Shlupp / PVA on the left and the great improvement seen in Andros and Tomkins. All of those other improvements remain open to us as of now.

What we need are quality back ups for Benteke and Luka plus an undisputed first team No1. The first team is already strong enough to avoid a relegation dogfight provided we don't get lots of injuries so we just need some signings to make us more resilient to such misfortune. A creative AM, on top, would make us a top ten side, IMHO. The point is, the window has just opened and there's time to make patient, considered decisions. I'm certainly more excited than fearful this window!

RisZero
10-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Rob Dorsett (Sky) says a deal in principle is now in place with leicester, fee rising to 25m, there is some kind of dispute between the player and his agent over image rights, and City want a buy-back option which has not yet been agreed

aj4england
11-07-2017, 07:24 AM
People just seen to want us to buy everyone we're linked with. It's a joke. 30m for Sakho, 25m for this guy, 10m for grosicki, etc etc. We'd be bankrupt within a few months

Not so , just get a couple of key players in early , ok one or two may come late but lets be ready from day 1 , last year the team was not !

costello
11-07-2017, 07:35 AM
I do wish people would stop making out we stayed up 'mainly' because of Sahko. I'd say having a DM shielding the defense AND using the ball well for the first time since we went up had something to do with it, not to mention the goals Benteke scored and the freedom Cabaye had to express once BFS re-positioned Wilf and Andros, allowing a fluidity in attack we've also not seen since promotion. Finally, there was the contribution of Shlupp / PVA on the left and the great improvement seen in Andros and Tomkins. All of those other improvements remain open to us as of now.

What we need are quality back ups for Benteke and Luka plus an undisputed first team No1. The first team is already strong enough to avoid a relegation dogfight provided we don't get lots of injuries so we just need some signings to make us more resilient to such misfortune. A creative AM, on top, would make us a top ten side, IMHO. The point is, the window has just opened and there's time to make patient, considered decisions. I'm certainly more excited than fearful this window!
I think it was the confidence that he brought to the team as much as the actual contributions that he made which saved us last year. Seeing him put his arm around Wilf's shoulder when something didn't work out, being prepared to have a laugh and a joke with his team mates. We seem to have very few strong characters any more (with Jedi gone, Damo fading) and even if we don't sign Sakho I feel this is something that needs to be addressed.

Thefunkymonk
11-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Rob Dorsett (Sky) says a deal in principle is now in place with leicester, fee rising to 25m, there is some kind of dispute between the player and his agent over image rights, and City want a buy-back option which has not yet been agreed

If... ands a big if.. we are selling Benteke then we should be all over this

Martin H
11-07-2017, 07:47 AM
TBH the expectations we have get more unreal in terms of speed and spend each year. We all know we have been without a Manager during the break. De Boer was announced on 26 June and the players started training last week. Prices are seemingly escalating every time contact is initiated or an announcement made. There will have been prep and a lot of hours spent but expecting a stream of announcements by now is completely unrealistic and yet

We are TBH like spoilt kids. I am going to sit on the naughty step until I sort myself out and think about how silly I am being,

P.s. As I typed that I thought to myself, FFS we have Frank De Boer managing Palace! It's difficult not to get a bit excited. If only, we had signed some random players 2 days ago we would be playing in Europe next season. :)

Nigelbrag
11-07-2017, 08:08 AM
TBH the expectations we have get more unreal in terms of speed and spend each year. We all know we have been without a Manager during the break. De Boer was announced on 26 June and the players started training last week. Prices are seemingly escalating every time contact is initiated or an announcement made. There will have been prep and a lot of hours spent but expecting a stream of announcements by now is completely unrealistic and yet

We are TBH like spoilt kids. I am going to sit on the naughty step until I sort myself out and think about how silly I am being,

P.s. As I typed that I thought to myself, FFS we have Frank De Boer managing Palace! It's difficult not to get a bit excited. If only, we had signed some random players 2 days ago we would be playing in Europe next season. :)

Glad you then gave yourself a smack on the wrists, naughty boy.:D

Gregz41
24-07-2017, 08:03 PM
After FdB confirming we're looking to go 3-4-3, I really think Iheanacho should be our top target. A front three of Zaha, Benteke and Iheanacho would add some real variety to our attack. Zaha adding the trickery and ability to beat a man, Benteke capable of holding the ball up and a huge threat from crosses and Iheanacho looks like someone capable of running in behind and being a clinical finisher.

Thoughts?

RisZero
24-07-2017, 08:05 PM
I thought this was done and dusted to Leicester a while back but seems like something went wrong/delayed it? Guess they could just be waiting to get back like we seemed to with Riedewald. Would love to jump in at any time.

TAK
24-07-2017, 08:08 PM
I think City wanted a buy back option, making it an expensive loan.

RisZero
24-07-2017, 08:11 PM

Interesting, wouldnt even mind a buyback where we stand to profit... though I guess that could well have been the issue.

GreatGonzo
24-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Would need some reasonable terms on that, time limited and a decent return.

knowlesyUCLA
24-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Being exactly why he hadn't moved on yet. I wouldn't be willing to agree a buy back. Not sure whether Bournemouth have with Ake but would be interesting to know, as an aside.

Someone will get desperate enough at the end of the window to agree to it though.

Martin H
24-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Isn't a buy back clause a way to cheat on loan restrictions? I am not suggesting anyone has done that yet but. I would say a clause that says a club should have first refusal is OK but there is something wrong about a fixed buy-back.

mb23
24-07-2017, 10:20 PM
This has been my number one choice all summer. I'd even take him on loan for the season if the Leicester deal has fallen through.

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 10:21 PM
He would be quality addition. Front 3 of him zaha and Benteke would be frightening

TAK
24-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Looks like Ake has one too:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4068567/buy-back-clause-chelsea-nathan-ake-nathaniel-chalobah-bertrand-traore/

RisZero
24-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Isn't a buy back clause a way to cheat on loan restrictions? I am not suggesting anyone has done that yet but. I would say a clause that says a club should have first refusal is OK but there is something wrong about a fixed buy-back.

Probably but I guess it carries the risk of the parent club backing out of the buy-back if all the other club wanted was a short loan.

Might also make agreeing player terms more difficult for this reason too.

red&blue_moomin
24-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Buy back options just take the piss frankly. Unless the buy back is absolutely huge.

It allows a club who has killed a young players development to then knick him back and sell him on at a huge profit after the mug club that agreed to the buy back is left with comparative peanuts.

Id tell pep to **** off frankly. Wait for the boy to sit on the bench for a season or two then go back in or just loan him.

Timbo
24-07-2017, 11:40 PM
17th best squad?! Get real.

You can only play 11 as Leicester themselves proved. Our starting 11 is extremely strong. A 50m Zaha, Townsend, Cabaye 30m Benteke, 15m Luka, 10m Tomkins, 14m PVA, 12m Schlupp arguably on bench...

We've only got rid of deadwood. The youngsters wouldn't do any worse than them.

You're right, although I reckon WZs value is rising very quickly and Benteke may now be worth more than we paid for him due to Prem inflation

Sir.S.C Remembered
31-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Madness Pep has isolated him. He was supposed to be good at working with youngsters and the academy. He didn't even have an academy player on the bench against us in the cup.

He signs foreign 22 year old internationals for 40m and makes out he's developed a youngsters. Overlooks youngsters just as good already there.

RisZero
01-08-2017, 01:16 PM
RIP in peace

Telegraph Football‏ Verified account @TeleFootball

Kelechi Iheanacho to have Leicester medical as he closes in on 25m move from Man City

cpfcfan1
01-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Great signing for them.

Thefunkymonk
01-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Good signing for them.. how many strikers do they have!?

Stinger1
01-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Hope everyone notes how long it took. Must of taken 3 weeks. These deals are complicated.

Martin H
01-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Good signing for them.. how many strikers do they have!?

Supposedly dumping a load though aren't they? I was surprised that Musa didn't work out. He looked impressive against Barcelona in the pre-season friendly and the goal he scored and chances he set up with his pace and aggression made me thing he would fit right in there. Not sure he really ever got a proper chance did he? Always seemed to be squeezed in at best and seemed to be a problem because he wasn't one of the winning 14 players as the incumbents reacted against the changes. That's the feeling I got at least.

I think its actually Prince or King Musa or something of that ilk. But sounds as if he is on his way out. Seemed to lose confidence and probably not worth the risk but if he came good he has the pace and mobility we need. Risky though.

Joooe
01-08-2017, 04:18 PM
How long until we get linked with Ulloa for the billionth time?

cpfcfan1
01-08-2017, 04:20 PM

If he goes anywhere it'll be Brighton I reckon.

aj4england
01-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Wouldnt mind Musa from them. Or Ulloa tbh

gold76
01-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Vardy
iheanacho
Okazaki
Musa
Slimani
Ulloa

6 decent front men, 1 will surely be jettisoned, perhaps we can loan one?

Oli28
01-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Vardy
iheanacho
Okazaki
Musa
Slimani
Ulloa

I'd be very happy if we signed any of them (less so Ulloa but despite he's still a good player).

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-08-2017, 05:32 PM
I would really like Okazaki

elgin eagle
01-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Vardy
iheanacho
Okazaki
Musa
Slimani
Ulloa

Musa or Slimani would be incredible. Knowing us it will be Ulloa or Okazaki though.

CP-RJW
01-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Musa or Slimani would be incredible. Knowing us it will be Ulloa or Okazaki though.
Would Musa be incredible? Has been awful so far since moving to England, would be a big gamble.

BERT'S HEAD
01-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Some decent players alright, but it feels like crumbs from the Leicester table.

Johnny Byrne
01-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Okazaki would fit our system well.

elgin eagle
01-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Would Musa be incredible? Has been awful so far since moving to England, would be a big gamble.

He only had 16 bit part appearances in fairness.

Shipp Ahoy!
01-08-2017, 08:03 PM

Yes please...

Even if he was Brightoon.

danpalace07
01-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Can't decide if the buy back clause is worth it. It feels so patronising by Man City towards Leicester but he's a potentially brilliant signing and would be perfect next to Benteke for us. You wouldn't usually get him for 25m given how highly rated he is but when they want him back you'll only get a 10m profit (isn't it a 35m clause?) and you have to look for a replacement

Parish would never agree to it IMO

JAS78
01-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Can't decide if the buy back clause is worth it. It feels so patronising by Man City towards Leicester but he's a potentially brilliant signing and would be perfect next to Benteke for us. You wouldn't usually get him for 25m given how highly rated he is but when they want him back you'll only get a 10m profit (isn't it a 35m clause?) and you have to look for a replacement

Parish would never agree to it IMO

Imagine if Moan U had enforced that on Wilf, we'd all feel dirty

It feels like feeder club territory, not good.

hughff
02-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Strikes me as an expensive variation on the loan. I'd've still liked to have had him.

leicester1
04-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Make a bid......but you won't get ulloah or ShinsAKI cheap.

GreatGonzo
05-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Make a bid......but you won't get ulloah or ShinsAKI cheap.

Ulloa is in the last 12 months of his contract and won't sign a new one. You will be lucky to get 5m for him.

Surely you need a return on the 85m you have spent on strikers in past 3/4 years?