PDA

View Full Version : does hull get back to premier league within next 5 years?

johnnybacaro
14-05-2017, 01:21 PM
can't see it.

Sorry state of that club, mass exodus. I think a relegation to league one more likely than promotion

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-05-2017, 01:22 PM
They've done it before, didn't overspend this season, have a good manager.

maestro
14-05-2017, 01:24 PM
No offence but who cares?

MasterYoda
14-05-2017, 01:25 PM

I don't see him staying and they'll lose the few good players they have. Not that I think we'd have been any better off I we went

Tim
14-05-2017, 01:27 PM
If they get new owners then possibly

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-05-2017, 01:30 PM
I don't see him staying and they'll lose the few good players they have. Not that I think we'd have been any better off I we went

I think I'd rather lose a few decent players than end up stuck with shit ones on astronomical wages. I see them as better off than the likes of Fulham, Bolton etc

orp pisshead1
14-05-2017, 01:31 PM

He's out of contract as of next Sun i believe and saints want him apparently.

beef
14-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Can't see it. Fans at odds with the owners and the manager will be off.

beef
14-05-2017, 01:38 PM
fwiw I don't think Palace would have come straight back up if we got relegated. It's a tough league to get out of.

Ralph
14-05-2017, 01:58 PM
fwiw I don't think Palace would have come straight back up if we got relegated. It's a tough league to get out of.

We'd have won the league with over 100 pts if we'd gone down.

* I can confidently say now, wouldn't have said it if we'd lost today.

davech
14-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Manager didn't seem bothered throughout today. Worrying times if you are a Hull supporter.

Worksop Palace
14-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Keep Silva then yes

No if not

Just off out with a Hull fan for some beers ... :eek:

maestro
14-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Manager didn't seem bothered throughout today. Worrying times if you are a Hull supporter.

he'll be gone

johnnybacaro
14-05-2017, 02:06 PM
the only positive for hull is that they wont lose that much of their team.

problem is only 3 or 4 players plus Odebajo who has been hurt at PL quality

the drexciyan
14-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Can't see the manager sticking around, he's done an amazing job and will walk another PL position. Can see the Allams doing an Oyston and draining their investment back from the parachute money and the team stagnating now.

AJ
14-05-2017, 02:40 PM
That is not true, he showed emotion when we scored and looked very down at the end. What did you expect, tears?

AJ
14-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Dont Hull get 120m in parachute payments over the next 4 years?

Golf Boy
14-05-2017, 02:42 PM

We wouldn't come back up - Zaha, Cabaye, Sakho, Dann, Luka, Benteke would all be off. Then we are left with an average championship squad.

CP-RJW
14-05-2017, 02:49 PM
We wouldn't come back up - Zaha, Cabaye, Sakho, Dann, Luka, Benteke would all be off. Then we are left with an average championship squad.
An average championship squad and what, 80 million from those sales? If we spent wisely we would be straight back up (big if though.)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Personally, if I were a fan of a recently relegated club I wouldn't be looking so much at an immediate return, but more at whether or not my club is going to spectacularly implode into a free fall down the leagues.

I think any club that prepares a contingency for such a scenario is well placed for a return at sometime during 'the parachute years' if not immediately.

Id put Hull in that bracket - they seemed to have half an eye on being in this situation the second they went up!

Their biggest fear has to be asset stripping by their unpredictable owner.

beef
14-05-2017, 04:30 PM
An average championship squad and what, 80 million from those sales? If we spent wisely we would be straight back up (big if though.)

But you end up with agents touting crappy Championship players at 30k a week. Really glad we don't have to do it!

MasterYoda
14-05-2017, 05:04 PM

We wouldn't be able to spend it all though and we'd be paying silly money to sign anyone.

cpfc4evandeva
14-05-2017, 05:07 PM
What's the percentage of teams that come straight back up over the last 10 years? I'd be surprised if it was more than 33%

jobiinthelastmi
14-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Don't see the fuss surrounding their manager? Okay he got them to within a few points of staying up but it's clear to see that they've basically bottled it.

beef
14-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I think Silva did a decent job. They were heading straight down under Phelan, have questionable owners and sold their top goalscorer in January.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-05-2017, 05:22 PM
What's the percentage of teams that come straight back up over the last 10 years? I'd be surprised if it was more than 33%

I did see a report a while back and it is a very low number, which made Brighton's continued tactic of blaming parachute payments for both their continued failure, and their subsequent desperate overspending all the more perplexing

Halfwayline
14-05-2017, 05:31 PM
They look a lot better then Middlesbrough or Sunderland. I think most of their players will stay. Not quite good enough to be poached by PL clubs but good enough to get promoted. Like Newcastle.

cantspell
14-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Good luck to hull gave great support today - didnt bawl like some other fans and Damo going over to them was great. Remind me of palace fans

cpfc4evandeva
14-05-2017, 06:53 PM
I did see a report a while back and it is a very low number, which made Brighton's continued tactic of blaming parachute payments for both their continued failure, and their subsequent desperate overspending all the more perplexing

:D

I've got it at 30% over the last 10 years. It's very low considering the supposed gulf between the two leagues.

hdeagle
14-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Many of their fans are hoping that the owner will now sell the club and that their love/hate relationship with a man that has upset them can be ended.

dufski13
14-05-2017, 07:09 PM
:D

I've got it at 30% over the last 10 years. It's very low considering the supposed gulf between the two leagues.

True, but how many then go up within the parachute payment period, taken as a whole I'd say it's quite a high percentage.
For me the critical thing had we gone down is not if we'd lost the bones of the squad, it would have been if Allardyce had stayed or not. If he'd stayed I'd have taken a fair bet we'd have gone up within 2 seasons

Terrace Bickle
14-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Good luck to them. They reminded me a bit of our Pullis season where they were given hope by a good manager after a disastrous start. Except of course they ultimately failed, but hats off to them, we spent millions and they were in the mix until the end.

SeanPalace84
14-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Their fans can **** off. Disrespectful wankers. That tiger celebration.....today they were cringey

AddoWolz
14-05-2017, 08:13 PM
I think Silva did a decent job. They were heading straight down under Phelan, have questionable owners and sold their top goalscorer in January.

Agreed , Silva will go on to manage a much bigger club

cpfc4evandeva
14-05-2017, 08:34 PM
True, but how many then go up within the parachute payment period, taken as a whole I'd say it's quite a high percentage.
For me the critical thing had we gone down is not if we'd lost the bones of the squad, it would have been if Allardyce had stayed or not. If he'd stayed I'd have taken a fair bet we'd have gone up within 2 seasons

How long is the parachute period? 3 years?

James
14-05-2017, 08:37 PM
How long is the parachute period? 3 years?
The new regulations which came into effect for the 2015/16 season mean that Premier League clubs who are relegated receive:

• parachute payments over three, not four, seasons; but

• if a promoted club is then relegated in its first season, it will only be entitled to two years’ worth of parachute payments.

Parachute Payments explained HERE. (http://www.danielgeey.com/premier-league-parachute-payments-explained/)