PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Your Summer Shopping List

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jim Cannon
14-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Sakho number one priority for me, maybe not achievable but if we can, yes please.

Keeper
Competition for Ward
Proper back up players

Liam_Palace
14-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Wilf new contract priority number 1.
Sign Sakho, Defoe, new GK, new right back, also someone who can replace Puncheon.

Spiderman
14-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Sami Khedira and Zabaletta both free transfers!!

PeterH
14-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Twiglets, wine gums, and Daddies sauce.

spt1978
14-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Begovic
Sakho (Kobe backup)
Defoe

Also another CB, CM and winger.

CharlieCPFC
14-05-2017, 06:22 PM
I don't believe in signing a backup player, I think we should have learnt a big lesson from Pardew's squad filler method of pure shit.

Let's get a smaller squad of more quality, let's be honest we've had injuries but still not even used the dead wood like Fryer's, Williams and even Ledley recently.

Pickford/Begovic
Trippier/Zabaleta
Sakho/Gibson
N'Diaye
Loftus Cheek/Seri
Traore
Defoe
Abraham/Ihenacheo

SilentAssassin
14-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Joe Hart being linked. Would be an amazing signing but I think he would have much better offers and we would face so much competition that it might be better to look elsewhere to settle the squad quickly with a new keeper.

BillyTKid
14-05-2017, 06:28 PM
I don't believe in signing a backup player, I think we should have learnt a big lesson from Pardew's squad filler method of pure shit.

Let's get a smaller squad of more quality, let's be honest we've had injuries but still not even used the dead wood like Fryer's, Williams and even Ledley recently.

Pickford/Begovic
Trippier/Zabaleta
Sakho/Gibson
N'Diaye
Loftus Cheek/Seri
Traore
Defoe
Abraham/Ihenacheo

Is the N'Diaye you refer to the one in the Hull team today? I thought he was their best player. On loan from Villarreal and 27 years old. I think he would be an excellent value replacement for Ledley.

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 06:34 PM
For me

1) Sakho
2) Heaton or begovic
3) a creative midfielder.. no idea who
4) Defoe
5) maybe another cm to replace ledley and flamini

And then maybe a loan or two to cover RB and wings

CharlieCPFC
14-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Is the N'Diaye you refer to the one in the Hull team today? I thought he was their best player. On loan from Villarreal and 27 years old. I think he would be an excellent value replacement for Ledley.

That's the one mate, I was very impressed.

I think what he offers is what we need, a bit of power and penetration from the middle. Can also sit in front of the back four so good cover when Luka gets suspended.

Loafster
14-05-2017, 06:35 PM
keeper no 1 priority, after securing Wilf.
Get Sako to sign, proper number 10, new right back and new midfielder
back up striker and winger

CP-RJW
14-05-2017, 06:38 PM
keeper no 1 priority, after securing Wilf.
Get Sako to sign, proper number 10, new right back and new midfielder
back up striker and winger

Really? Many on here think we should let Sako go :)

CharlieCPFC
14-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Also wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for Yann M'Vila.

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Also wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for Yann M'Vila.

He would be very good

aashman12
14-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Sakho number one priority for me, maybe not achievable but if we can, yes please.

Keeper
Competition for Ward
Proper back up players

Replacement for ward. And 1st team players not back. You need to improve the 1st team therefore creating back up.

yorkshire-eagle
14-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Has to be :
Sakho and Wilf as priorities
Pickford (or Hart but surely unlikely)
Defoe
Quality creative midfielder (struggling to think of someone good enough AND affordable)
Liking the idea of N'Diaye too

David of Kent
14-05-2017, 07:07 PM
1st choice keeper
Centre Back if we can't get Sakho
Right Back who can attack
Cover for Luka
Cover central midfielder
Cover winger (Left sided)
A No 10
Centre Forward cover

Seems a lot - Probably need 2 of them to be season loans....better than some of our previous season loans

Kai
14-05-2017, 07:41 PM
New deal for Wilf
Get Sakho
Get a real No.1 goalie
Central midfielder who can run games
more attacking options
cover throughout

Terrace Bickle
14-05-2017, 07:46 PM
N'Diaye is huge. We wouldn't get bullied with him and Luka in the team.

Nigelbrag
14-05-2017, 07:53 PM
We need to be selective in the players we add in that they will genuinely strengthen the First team, as that needs to be the priority, get in the right players and with playing the right system, should be able to achieve a Top Ten position.
It's been mentioned SA is looking at the keeper situation and Joe Hart is linked, he would be a superb signing, we do need an upgrade at RB, he may not be a popular choice on here but i would go for Jenkinson. And if Sakho can be signed that takes care of the CB's along with Tomkins, Dann and Kelly with Ryan Innis added. The Midfield needs an injection of pace and strength and Loftus-Cheek would be ideal, also another Attacker is badly needed, either Defoe or Andre Gray would be perfect. These Five would be my first choice to slot in immediately........Hart, Jenkinson, Sakho, Loftus-Cheek and Defoe.
Off course the squad will be greatly reduced as a lot of the deadwood will need to be moved on also the out of contract players, so that will create the need for another 3/4 squad additions.
So if all goes to plan Big Sam is in for a busy summer, and we fans can look forward to some exciting gossip of who may be next.

Stavros 69
14-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Keeper
No.10
Sako/CB
Winger
RB

dilem
14-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Sakho Sakho Sakho sakho sakho sakho

Jim Cannon
14-05-2017, 08:35 PM
2) Heaton or begovic

Heaton over Begovic for me. I would soon forgive him for recent antics. Lots of years left in his career, trouble is they won't want to sell

aj4england
14-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Depends on who leaves but in priority order

Centre Back and Foward
Two midfielders ( with good engines)

That's probably 50/ 60 million if we sign Sakho . If we have more to spend then a keeper and right back .

Herby Quiff
14-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Some aiming high on here, which is good, but don't think we'll get some of those mentioned.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think Wilf will go. So we'll need a replacement for him if he does. My dad is a Wolves supporter and tells me they are trying to get Sako back.

Sakho if Liverpool don't insist on silly money. Kone could also be a decent option.
Defoe would be good.

I can't see us getting Hart or Heaton tbh. Begovic is a more realistic target in my view.

Trippier/Zabaleta/Gibson? I can't see us getting any of these. The first will stay at Spurs as Walker is likely to leave. The second is apparently close to signing for West Ham and the latter is likely to sign elsewhere or stay for one more season at Boro.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
14-05-2017, 11:58 PM
If all the out of contract players go there is a lot to be done.

Suspect it will be a very busy window.

As others have said, we ideally need:

-CB (Sakho or AN Other)
-GK (A new No.1)
-RB
-ACM (to compete/ improve with Punch)
-Striker (to replace Remy)
-CDM (Back up for Luka/ replacing Flamini and Ledley)
-Wide forward (a better option to compete with Wilf/Andros)

Whether we can all those (to a good standard) without selling Wilf and/or Cabaye may be a different story though.
I imagine we are likely to make use of our two loans again.

elgin eagle
15-05-2017, 12:52 AM
Was very impressed with the Luka signing. Unknown, but hit the ground running and put the 'must have premier league experience' myth firmly to bed. Would hope SA knows of, and can sign a few more gems like him in the goalkeeper and right back positions. Sakho would be amazing as would Wilf, but we need to show the same level of ambition as in January I think, even if it holds up the 3 stand stadium redevelopment a while longer. We need to be 20 points better than this next season to not be involved in the dogfight at some point, that's quite an ask. At least this tricky season is over and we can look forward with optimism to playing Brighton again.

KP'S Nuts
15-05-2017, 12:58 AM
I think Cabaye will be off he'll prob want to finish his playing days in France so some energetic powerful mid to come in as replacement. I can also see maybe Dann going Tomkins will be a first choice with a new CD hopefully sakho. i reckon a new first choice right back will be brought in. Defoe as an option when we want to play two strikers new No1 GK who can actually save free kicks and anything at all low. Hopefully wickham will be like a new signing when fit.

Eagle's Nest
15-05-2017, 02:51 AM
Sakho
Billing
Defoe
RB
AM

Eagle's Nest
15-05-2017, 02:56 AM
And a keeper too, obvs.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
15-05-2017, 03:30 AM
Assuming a new deal for Wilf and Cabaye leaves...

VITAL

New, undisputed No1 keeper

CB who can defend and distribute

Back up DM

A CM who can win headers, tackle and go box to box.

AM who can create / score goals against packed defenses in home games

A quality back up striker to Benteke

BONUS

Another decent striker

Another RB

Another CM of decent quality

Back up winger

IDEAL SQUAD ( Assuming we remove deadwood by sale, release or loan )

NEW KEEPER
Hennessey
Jules

NEW RB
NEW CB
Ward
Dann
Kelly
Tomkins
Shlupp
PVA

NEW DM
NEW CM
NEW CM
NEW AM
Luka
Puncheon ( Can function also as a spare winger )
McArthur

NEW WINGER
Wilf
Townsend

NEW STRIKER
NEW STRIKER
Benteke
Wickham

Oisin
15-05-2017, 04:59 AM
Begovic
Sakho

Then replace squad players who leave. I'd rather save the money to keep Wilf

BringbackShipps
15-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Tom Cairney has 12 goals and 11 assists in the championship this season, worth a look if Fulham don't make it? Also like the look of Aaron Mooy and Philip Billing at Huddersfield.

aj4england
15-05-2017, 06:46 AM
As mad as it sounds i dont want Defoe.

Reg_Maudling
15-05-2017, 06:49 AM
The missus wants one of those fitness tracker things

BLUE BOY
15-05-2017, 07:17 AM
First of all get Zaha on a new big contract.

New first team players should be,

Goalkeeper
Right back
Centre Back
A true number 10/playmaker.

Simmo the Elder
15-05-2017, 07:25 AM
(i) keep Sam
(ii) keep Wilf
(iii) keep Benteke & Cabaye
(iv) sign Sakho if fit
(iv) Begovic, Heaton or Butland
(v) keep everyone else in fact, Wickham returning fully fit a great bonus, if Campbell or Remy leave then Defoe
(vi) dont need to sign many in my humble opinion, so long as we keep what we have got

Mr Iguana
15-05-2017, 07:30 AM
(i) keep Sam
(ii) keep Wilf
(iv) sign Sakho if fit
(v) keep everyone else in fact, Wickham returning fully fit a great bonus, if Campbell or Remy leave then Defoe
(vi) dont need to sign many in my humble opinion, so long as we keep what we have got

keep everyone else? Seriously? You don't think we need a big clear out? I do..

Benzhiyi
15-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Hart/Begovic/Pickford
Speedy RB
Sakho
Puncheon upgrade
Defoe

Done. 4-5 quality signings to bolster a squad Sam already has faith in, please, rather than deploying the Pardew/Holloway scattergun.

Maidstoned Eagle
15-05-2017, 08:31 AM
1. Wilf
2. Sakho
3. Gk
4. Right back
5. Another CB
6. CAM
7. CDM
8. Striker

Plus some young,up and comers to push for places.

Maidstoned Eagle
15-05-2017, 08:33 AM
(i) keep Sam
(ii) keep Wilf
(iv) sign Sakho if fit

Campbell out of contract, Remy loan player. Also several others out of contract that will move on.....so not signing many would leave us a bit short......are you Alan Pardew? :D

zonin2000
15-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Another couple who haven't been mentioned

Jean Michael Seri (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/136262/Show/Jean-Michael-Seri) (central midfield, plays for Nice, great passer, can also tackle and intercept)
Tom Cairney from Fulham

zonin2000
15-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Oh they've both been mentioned.

alexcpfc
15-05-2017, 08:55 AM
2 goal keepers

1 right back

1 Sakho

1 CM

1 AM someone like Lanzini

1 winger

1 Striker

brighton_eagle
15-05-2017, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure Sam himself has talked about liking a smaller squad with more quality so I imagine that's the way we'll go.

We won't get Pickford - much bigger teams than us will be in for him for silly money. Hart is bizarrely more likely. I wanted Begovic last summer and still do, and I think he's a realistic target.

I think Wilf will stay. He loves the club and if he get's the contract he deserves, as our best player, he'll be happy. Spurs won't pay the money we'd expect for him, and fortunately for us the shadow of his time at Man Utd, however unfairly, still haunts his reputation.

Sakho if we can get him - seems to get the club and has a genuine affection for us and has a good relationship with the players. I think this is a real possibility. He must feel the love.

After that I defer to Sam's knowledge. If he can find a RB, DM and AM who gel as quickly as Luka we'll be looking good. I'm not sure about Defoe - he seems to have gone off the boil recently but that may just be a result of playing in a very poor team. Either way, I'd imagine most teams from 10th down, plus the three promoted sides, would be nosing about him.

CharlieCPFC
15-05-2017, 09:06 AM

Jean Michael Seri (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/136262/Show/Jean-Michael-Seri) (central midfield, plays for Nice, great passer, can also tackle and intercept)
Tom Cairney from Fulham

I watched Seri a few months ago for Nice against someone and he stood out, I think he'd fit in perfectly here.

mroakley9
15-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Sakho
Balotelli

mushroom
15-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Parish said Sam likes a few of the youth team midfielders (Kirby/Dreher/Flannigan) can anyone (Woosie/Gazza) give us some insight about their chances of making it to the first team?

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 09:24 AM

Tom Cairney from Fulham

Cairney looks a decent player

Yoda
15-05-2017, 09:24 AM
As much as it's great to be able to buy in some quality, it doesn't measure up to the joy of producing our own.

I appreciate it's much harder to bring a player through in the Prem, but I'd love it if we could do this in the next 1-2 seasons. So I hope Sam has spotted potential and I think the academy needs a boost.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
15-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Hart/Begovic/Pickford
Speedy RB
Sakho
Puncheon upgrade
Defoe

Done. 4-5 quality signings to bolster a squad Sam already has faith in, please, rather than deploying the Pardew/Holloway scattergun.
I agree with you in part Ben. But presuming Ledley and Flamini leave, surely we need some cover for Luka/ midfield too?

jimmy the gent
15-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Kevin Doyle and Clint Hill.

tsunamiman
15-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Wilf's contract
A new goalie
Sakho
Zouma (on loan)
Defoe
Ayoze Perez
John Swift
Tammy Abraham (if we can buy)

Crozzy71
15-05-2017, 09:31 AM
New No1 keeper - Jules already re-signed as back-up.
New RB to replace Ward.
New CB - ideally Sakho or similar quality. I heard Delaney has signed for another year.
New No 10 - a Sigurdsson type player who can unlock a defence and has free-kick capability.
New winger to provide competition and cover for Wilf and Andros.

All those out of contract can leave IMO.

EagleSE24
15-05-2017, 09:39 AM
If Cabaye were to go along with Ledley and Flamini that would leave us with the following central midfield players

Puncheon
McArthur
Luka
Mutch
Lee
Williams

Even if Yohan stays, I think we need at least two players in this position. One to replace/compete with Puncheon and cover for Luka.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 09:45 AM
If we sign sakho we won't sign a keeper.. you heard it here first..

TWELLSEagle
15-05-2017, 09:48 AM

Because mandanda will stay or because we won't need one?

aj4england
15-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Zouma is a shout
Would love Arnatovic or Shaqiri, bit of deadball quality

mushroom
15-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Zouma is a shout

Our wingers work hard defensively, the two you listed don't. I'd take Zouma on a loan

JAS78
15-05-2017, 09:56 AM

No need to play a goalkeeper when Sakho is on the pitch?

El Aguila
15-05-2017, 10:07 AM
There will be quite a few leaving, it would be great if those Mutch / Lee / Fryers / Campbell type roles could be replaced from the Academy and we could just sign three or four top-notch first teasers in key positions.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Well.. imo we will need one as hennessey isn't upto it.. but i think it will be down to finance. Can't imagine mandanda being here still.. but who knows.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Zouma is a shout

He stoke pair.. no thanks.

Lprkorngod
15-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Really need to upgrade our midfield, If we can keep Cabaye, I'd love to see us bring in a player in the mould of Capoue/M'Vila/Kouyaté to play alongside them both.

Add some real strength and guile to dovetail with Luka, focus on dominating midfield, picking up interceptions and winning 2nd balls and then breaking with pace.

Brod
15-05-2017, 11:07 AM
We spent £30m in Jan so I dont think we'll go huge this summer.

GK
CB (I think Sakho will be too rich for us so maybe Kone or similar at half the price and most of the ability is more likely)
AM
DM (N'Diaye looked good yesterday)

Couple of loans maybe - striker and a RB?

Renew Wilf and keep Cabaye and Henessey as no. 2 and that'll be it. Ward (with Kelly back-up) and Campbell (as 4th choice striker) are fine unless Sam can pick up better cheaply.

orp pisshead1
15-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Coz with Sakho we don't really need a keeper , silly ;)

RisZero
15-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Keeping key names will be just as important as bringing in new ones, but as things are right now:

GK - Im guessing Mandanda will go, ideally someone good enough to take the first team spot
CB - Sakho preferred
RB - Competition might be fine, need to see if Ward can get back to form under Sam, if not someone to step in
AMC - Puncheon is great for the club but we can get more than 5 assists out of this position
FW - Right now if Benteke gets injured we might have problems. Might need 2 depending on how we feel Wickhams chances of staying fit are

Dont for a second think we will get this many but any of the above improves us

cpfcfan1
If we're after a keeper has to Begovic surely?

cdm61
Keeper
Defoe
Sakho
CM x 2
RB
Couple of loans backup for Wilf/Townsend

CharlieCPFC
15-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Don't forget we'll get two loans and I imagine with the quality on the fringes of the top four that's two top additions we can add with no hefty transfer fee.

Palacebear
15-05-2017, 11:36 AM
There will be quite a few leaving, it would be great if those Mutch / Lee / Fryers / Campbell type roles could be replaced from the Academy and we could just sign three or four top-notch first teasers in key positions.

For me, this is the key to us progressing, we need a really strong 16 or 17 players, so that we are not severely disadvantaged with a few injuries. We could even use substitutes tactically, rather than out of necessity.

Since Luka's arrival, it feels so much more positive seeing the likes of mcarthur coming on to replace Cabaye, rather than Mutch or Lee.

Imagine if we have sakho, Tompkins & Dann fighting for the starting 2 CB spots, knowing that if one gets a knock, another quality replacement is or the bench or Defoe on the bench if we need to go 2 up top or replace benteke during a game.

NateEagle
15-05-2017, 12:06 PM

Yep, said the same to my bro during the game, was their only positive thing yesterday. Good on the ball, relaxed, strong, spread the play.

glaziers fan
15-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Was waiting for us to be safe before posting. Warning: this is going to be a long post. First of all, let's look at players who we might look to keep. I've included the long term injured as well:

Henessey
Speroni

Souare
Van Aanholt
Schlupp

Delaney
Dann
Tomkins
Kelly
Ward

Townsend

Puncheon
Cabaye
McArthur
Milivojevic

Zaha
Sako

Benteke
Wickham

We shouldn't be considering anyone else for the squad if we have Top 8 aspirations. And we do. I appreciate there will be question marks over Cabaye returning to France (I assume Mandanda won't be here), Sako and the injured players Wickham and Souare returning to fitness in time. So a minimum of 6 players: 5 outfield players, and 1 goalkeeper.

Big Sam has already shown that he is happy to play with 3 at the back, and I think this should be factored into the considerations for the squad. I am not for one minute suggesting we do a Chelsea and play 3 at the back on a regular basis. But we need that flexibility. That's why I have grouped the players as above. I would look to add the following:

Goalkeeper
Speroni is back-up, question marks over Henessey remain and Mandanda is either not fancied or unsettled. In short we will need a new No1. I would like to see Henessey offered a contract to become No2. But we definitely need a new first choice. I would go for Asmir Begovic. He's experienced, he will never play with Courtois in front of him, and he is settled in London. He's a good age.

Left back/wing-back
With PVA, Schlupp and Souare we don't need anyone here. All three can play left back or left wing back. No issues.

Centre back
Obviously Sakho will be one of our top targets. I don't see why we can't get him in. With Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Kelly and even Ward that should be enough. I feel that Schlupp may also be considered as cover at centre back due to his pace, and ability to cope with the small fast forwards currently on show in the Premiership.

Right back/right wing back
I think Joel Ward has been an outstanding servant to the club, and has shown he can defend and is dependable. He's good back-up, but ideally we need a new right back that's comfortable in possession and good going forward. Trippier would have been excellent, but can't see Spurs selling, or the player wanting a move. Any other suggestions are welcome. The alternative would be to switch to wing backs. If we did that then Townsend (with a pre-season learning the position) might be able to perform there. Big Sam has already tried him at left wing back and right wing back. He is comfortable on the ball, a good crosser, and if we played with the full backs/wing backs further forward (as all the top teams do) then he just might suit us. I also think he would get more space to cut in and shoot if he was coming from deeper. Let's be honest, Andros is a top player with an excellent engine, but he hasn't scored enough goals (or even looked like scoring) other than on the counter attack. That's not good enough support as a winger or attacking mid for Benteke imho. If we were to play a slightly more expansive style then I think a small tweak could see Townsend become even more valuable to us.

Defensive midfield
Milivojevic has been an excellent acquisition because he is happy to just sit in (unlike Cabaye and McArthur who want to surge forward) and he reads the game so well. We do however need cover. I would look no further than Jan Kirchoff. His injury record is a concern. However, on a free, he looks like a risk worth taking. Not only can he play defensive mid, he could also cover at centre back. And his physical presence makes him tailor-made for Palace.

Box-to-box midfield
This to me is the one position that I feel would improve our XI the most. I also feel it is where the squad is weakest. Whether we play 4-5-1 or 3-5-1-1 we will be playing with 3 in the centre mid. Currently to play alongside Luka we only have Puncheon, McArthur and Cabaye who are good enough, but there are question marks over all of them. Jason Puncheon has been a superb captain and ambassador for our club, but let's not dress it up: he's had a dreadful season on the pitch. He's 30, and he is coming to the end of his career. Yohan Cabaye can only last 60 minutes, is also coming to the end of his career, and is linked with a return to France. Despite this, I would love to keep him because he has undoubted quality. However it should be as a squad player rather than as a regular starter. James McArthur is injury prone, and lacks the quality necessary. Again, he's a squad player. I think we need at least one box-to-box midfielder for the XI. Possibly two depending on what formation Big Sam wants to play. Personally, I would not hesitate to take a calculated risk and go for Jack Wilshere, either on a permanent or on loan. He has been played too far forward in the past. Hodgson was closer to understanding the player, having him as a holding mid. But to flourish he needs to play box-to-box in a counter attacking team. He would be perfect as a box-to-box alongside Milivojevic. Left footed and all the talent in the world. Could also take the free kicks. Sign him up.

Attacking midfield/wing attack/No10
The BBS yearns for a No10. I think we need someone very attack-minded who can score/assist goals and take free-kicks. Sigurdsson would be a perfect fit for us as he can play in a variety of positions, works hard and has undoubted quality - just what we are missing. However I expect us to miss out on him as it looks like he is Everton bound. Such a shame. A different type of player we should take a punt on though is Adama Traore. Bags of pace, I feel he could play in a variety of positions, and would cause havoc running with the ball through the middle/inside right, especially playing close to Benteke. Questionable attitude, but still has time to turn it around as he is very young.

Centre forward/target man/striker
Hoping that Wickham is back fit soon. He is a decent player when fully up to speed. Hope he is enough cover. However we should definitely go in for Defoe. A proper professional, Big Sam likes him and as long as he is prepared to sit on the bench and sit out the odd game he could be a real weapon.

In order of preference:
1) Wilshere
2) Sigurdsson
3) Sakho
4) Begovic
5) Traore
6) Defoe
7) Kirchoff

This is the sort of quality we need to bring in if we are to compete for a Top 8 finish. Would give us strength in depth for something like:

-------------------------Begovic------------------------
-----------Tomkins------Dann--------Sakho--------------
Townsend----Milivojevic-----Wilshere--------Van Aanholt
-----------Zaha-------------------------Sigurdsson---------
-------------------------Benteke-----------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Schlupp
Ward
Kirchoff
Cabaye
Defoe
Traore

pallet
15-05-2017, 12:24 PM
New flip flops, swimming shorts oh wait read thread wrong.

Yoda
15-05-2017, 12:27 PM
New flip flops, swimming shorts oh wait read thread wrong.

Are you Kebe?

glaziers fan
15-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Well.. imo we will need one as hennessey isn't upto it.. but i think it will be down to finance. Can't imagine mandanda being here still.. but who knows.

I imagine there being £75m available for players. Why wouldn't there be? Until this window just gone our net spend has been quite low. We need a minimum of two new first XI midfield starters. And a new goalkeeper. Plus Sakho. We need a minimum of 6 new players. Sure, there are some free transfers and a couple of loans are possible. But I reckon we will need 3 quality first XI players who will cost circa £25m each. Ambition was good under Pardew. Quality of first XI is not too bad. But net spend has been low and the squad is very thin.

Now is the time to splash the cash. There will be a minimum of £50m coming back for Zaha in 12 months time in any case. That should help balance the books if needed - £150m for each season we stay in the Premier League.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 01:38 PM
I imagine there being £75m available for players. Why wouldn't there be? Until this window just gone our net spend has been quite low. We need a minimum of two new first XI midfield starters. And a new goalkeeper. Plus Sakho. We need a minimum of 6 new players. Sure, there are some free transfers and a couple of loans are possible. But I reckon we will need 3 quality first XI players who will cost circa £25m each. Ambition was good under Pardew. Quality of first XI is not too bad. But net spend has been low and the squad is very thin.

Now is the time to splash the cash. There will be a minimum of £50m coming back for Zaha in 12 months time in any case. That should help balance the books if needed - £150m for each season we stay in the Premier League.

Highly ambitious GF.

There is no way we will spend £75m mate.. 40-50 more likely

BillyTKid
15-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Highly ambitious GF.

There is no way we will spend £75m mate.. 40-50 more likely

I think we might have spent a fair bit of our summer budget in January.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I think we might have spent a fair bit of our summer budget in January.

Maybe. I think we'll sign sakho £20m circa.. Defoe free (couple mill signing in fee) then maybe m'villa £10m and one other..

If we don't sign sakho then we'll sign someone like Kone/mbodji for half the price and a keeper.

CP-RJW
15-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Was waiting for us to be safe before posting. Warning: this is going to be a long post. First of all, let's look at players who we might look to keep. I've included the long term injured as well:

Henessey
Speroni

Souare
Van Aanholt
Schlupp

Delaney
Dann
Tomkins
Kelly
Ward

Townsend

Puncheon
Cabaye
McArthur
Milivojevic

Zaha
Sako

Benteke
Wickham

We shouldn't be considering anyone else for the squad if we have Top 8 aspirations. And we do. I appreciate there will be question marks over Cabaye returning to France (I assume Mandanda won't be here), Sako and the injured players Wickham and Souare returning to fitness in time. So a minimum of 6 players: 5 outfield players, and 1 goalkeeper.

Big Sam has already shown that he is happy to play with 3 at the back, and I think this should be factored into the considerations for the squad. I am not for one minute suggesting we do a Chelsea and play 3 at the back on a regular basis. But we need that flexibility. That's why I have grouped the players as above. I would look to add the following:

Goalkeeper
Speroni is back-up, question marks over Henessey remain and Mandanda is either not fancied or unsettled. In short we will need a new No1. I would like to see Henessey offered a contract to become No2. But we definitely need a new first choice. I would go for Asmir Begovic. He's experienced, he will never play with Courtois in front of him, and he is settled in London. He's a good age.

Left back/wing-back
With PVA, Schlupp and Souare we don't need anyone here. All three can play left back or left wing back. No issues.

Centre back
Obviously Sakho will be one of our top targets. I don't see why we can't get him in. With Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Kelly and even Ward that should be enough. I feel that Schlupp may also be considered as cover at centre back due to his pace, and ability to cope with the small fast forwards currently on show in the Premiership.

Right back/right wing back
I think Joel Ward has been an outstanding servant to the club, and has shown he can defend and is dependable. He's good back-up, but ideally we need a new right back that's comfortable in possession and good going forward. Trippier would have been excellent, but can't see Spurs selling, or the player wanting a move. Any other suggestions are welcome. The alternative would be to switch to wing backs. If we did that then Townsend (with a pre-season learning the position) might be able to perform there. Big Sam has already tried him at left wing back and right wing back. He is comfortable on the ball, a good crosser, and if we played with the full backs/wing backs further forward (as all the top teams do) then he just might suit us. I also think he would get more space to cut in and shoot if he was coming from deeper. Let's be honest, Andros is a top player with an excellent engine, but he hasn't scored enough goals (or even looked like scoring) other than on the counter attack. That's not good enough support as a winger or attacking mid for Benteke imho. If we were to play a slightly more expansive style then I think a small tweak could see Townsend become even more valuable to us.

Defensive midfield
Milivojevic has been an excellent acquisition because he is happy to just sit in (unlike Cabaye and McArthur who want to surge forward) and he reads the game so well. We do however need cover. I would look no further than Jan Kirchoff. His injury record is a concern. However, on a free, he looks like a risk worth taking. Not only can he play defensive mid, he could also cover at centre back. And his physical presence makes him tailor-made for Palace.

Box-to-box midfield
This to me is the one position that I feel would improve our XI the most. I also feel it is where the squad is weakest. Whether we play 4-5-1 or 3-5-1-1 we will be playing with 3 in the centre mid. Currently to play alongside Luka we only have Puncheon, McArthur and Cabaye who are good enough, but there are question marks over all of them. Jason Puncheon has been a superb captain and ambassador for our club, but let's not dress it up: he's had a dreadful season on the pitch. He's 30, and he is coming to the end of his career. Yohan Cabaye can only last 60 minutes, is also coming to the end of his career, and is linked with a return to France. Despite this, I would love to keep him because he has undoubted quality. However it should be as a squad player rather than as a regular starter. James McArthur is injury prone, and lacks the quality necessary. Again, he's a squad player. I think we need at least one box-to-box midfielder for the XI. Possibly two depending on what formation Big Sam wants to play. Personally, I would not hesitate to take a calculated risk and go for Jack Wilshere, either on a permanent or on loan. He has been played too far forward in the past. Hodgson was closer to understanding the player, having him as a holding mid. But to flourish he needs to play box-to-box in a counter attacking team. He would be perfect as a box-to-box alongside Milivojevic. Left footed and all the talent in the world. Could also take the free kicks. Sign him up.

Attacking midfield/wing attack/No10
The BBS yearns for a No10. I think we need someone very attack-minded who can score/assist goals and take free-kicks. Sigurdsson would be a perfect fit for us as he can play in a variety of positions, works hard and has undoubted quality - just what we are missing. However I expect us to miss out on him as it looks like he is Everton bound. Such a shame. A different type of player we should take a punt on though is Adama Traore. Bags of pace, I feel he could play in a variety of positions, and would cause havoc running with the ball through the middle/inside right, especially playing close to Benteke. Questionable attitude, but still has time to turn it around as he is very young.

Centre forward/target man/striker
Hoping that Wickham is back fit soon. He is a decent player when fully up to speed. Hope he is enough cover. However we should definitely go in for Defoe. A proper professional, Big Sam likes him and as long as he is prepared to sit on the bench and sit out the odd game he could be a real weapon.

In order of preference:
1) Wilshere
2) Sigurdsson
3) Sakho
4) Begovic
5) Traore
6) Defoe
7) Kirchoff

This is the sort of quality we need to bring in if we are to compete for a Top 8 finish. Would give us strength in depth for something like:

-------------------------Begovic------------------------
-----------Tomkins------Dann--------Sakho--------------
Townsend----Milivojevic-----Wilshere--------Van Aanholt
-----------Zaha-------------------------Sigurdsson---------
-------------------------Benteke-----------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Schlupp
Ward
Kirchoff
Cabaye
Defoe
Traore
NO to Wilshere and Kirchhoff, we don't need more sicknotes.

maestro
15-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Im really not sure how we are going to afford the wages of these new players

Parish said we have reached the wage limit do it cant rise anymore

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 02:19 PM

Mandanda, remy, ledley, flamini, Campbell, b. Sako, chungy and fryers all likely to leave

That's about £350k a week in wages there (roughly)

adman50
15-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Centre back
Keeper
Striker

If we have any change maybe a RB.

FORZA SELHURST
15-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Diego Rolan

chelmsfordeagle
15-05-2017, 02:23 PM

Hopefully we can sell/release the majority of Mandanda, Delaney, Flamini, Ledley, Fryers; Chung, Mutch, Campbell, Remy, Sako. That should be enough for at least 3 top signings.

Pete79
15-05-2017, 02:24 PM
In order of priority:

Contract for Wilf
Sakho
Attacking midfielder or 'box to box' type player (Puncheon, MacArthur can't do it much longer).
Better goal keeper
Competition for Ward (not essential)
Some kids from the lower league who might be able to do a job when the injuries pile up since our youth set up is evidently failing to provide that depth at the moment.

orp pisshead1
15-05-2017, 02:31 PM
In order of priority:

Contract for Wilf
Sakho
Attacking midfielder or 'box to box' type player (Puncheon, MacArthur can't do it much longer).
Better goal keeper
Some kids from the lower league who might be able to do a job when the injuries pile up since our youth set up is evidently failing to provide that depth at the moment.

Your SA and I claim my £5:p

He recently said he's looking to sign 4 players maybe upto 7 but get the impression the 4 are first team players and others squad players.

FORZA SELHURST
15-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Who's fat sam's agent these days?

mb23
15-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Pickford for Mandanda
Secure Sakho
Young up and coming cb to replace Damo
CM to replace Flamini and Ledley
Add a CAM
Striker to replace Remy
Don't sell Wilf, Cabaye or Townsend (can see Newcastle going back in for him)

orp pisshead1
15-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Who's fat sam's agent these days?

Hope it ain't Chris Hughton!.

Zohar's Penalty
15-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Daniel Bentley, Sakho, Defoe, and and a quality goalscoring central midfielder (no realistic suggestions from me- so get scouting!).

OUT: Mandanda, Lee, Ledley, Campbell, Mutch, Delaney (can stay and coach if he wants)

EDIT: Actually I forgot about Aaron Mooy- he could be worth a look?

Thanet Eagle
15-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Right Back
Keeper (maybe two)
Attacking Midfielder
Centre Forward

MasterYoda
15-05-2017, 03:00 PM
I suspect we may need a replacement for Yohan.

Icy
15-05-2017, 03:24 PM
I suspect we may need a replacement for Yohan.

We have to keep him if only for the song.

Dodds
15-05-2017, 03:46 PM
New Keeper (first team starter)
Hennessey
Jules

New right back (first team starter)
Ward
Schulpp
PVA
Soaure

New Centre back (first team starter)
Tomkins
Dann
Kelly

Cabaye
Milivojevic
Puncheon
Jimmy Mac
New DM (cover)
New AM (first team starter)

Townsend
Zaha
New winger (cover)

Benteke
New Striker (cover)
New Striker (cover)
Wickham

My choices:
New keeper- Begovic from Chelsea
New RB - Zabaleta from Man City
New CB - Sakho from Liverpool. Kone from Sunderland if we can't get him/afford him
New DM - N'Diaye from Villarreal on loan.
New AM - Sigurdsson from Swansea but highly doubtful we will get him. Josh King from B'mouth should also be a target but again doubtful. More realistic would be Jota at Brentford.
New Winger - Grosicki from Hull
New striker - Oumar Niasse on loan from Everton
New striker - Defoe from Sunderland

Out go Mandanda for £6 million, Lee for £2.5 million, Mutch for £2 million, Williams for £2 million, Sako for £3.5 million, Fryers, Delaney, Ledley, Flamini, Campbell all go on frees and Remy returns to Chelsea. I would also loan out Wickham as we only play 1 striker so don't need 4 but I'd have a 24 hour recall clause.

Best team available:

Begovic

Zabaleta Sakho Tomkins PVA

Milivojevic Cabaye

Siggy

Zaha Benteke Townsend

glaziers fan
15-05-2017, 03:49 PM

You're right, it's my understanding that wages are the real problem as they can only increase 10% year on year. BUT as others have pointed out, others will be leaving.

dan27
15-05-2017, 04:00 PM
There's no points deduction on transfer ban for increasing the wages by too much. Just a fine. If the player is good enough then I'd take the fine.

hihi
15-05-2017, 05:11 PM
I would just like someone who can shoot from outside the box, a side of our game that is almost totally lacking.

Crunchie
15-05-2017, 05:37 PM
In order of priority:

Contract for Wilf
Sakho
Better goal keeper

Of course, McArthur can. He is hugely not match fit, that's all

Mr Palace
15-05-2017, 05:54 PM
The biggest thing for me is for us to sign hungry players who are not (a) sick notes and (b) wasters like Remy who can't be bothered.

Sakho is the priority.

A creative No 10 - someone like Sigurdsson would be ideal. This is such an important signing.

A new keeper is a must. Begovic seems the obvious one.

Two strikers to replace Remy and Campbell.

Another defensive midfielder to cover Luka and replace Flamini and Ledley.

Another winger to cover wilf and Townsend.

Another right back to match the quality of PvA and Schlupp on the other side.

Obviously that's a lot of players and I imagine 10 plus players will leave. Big summer ahead.

PHIL BARBER
15-05-2017, 06:33 PM
BFS has identified Lucas Leiva and Bacary Sagna as 2 free agent transfer targets.

Mr Palace
15-05-2017, 06:47 PM
BFS has identified Lucas Leiva and Bacary Sagna as 2 free agent transfer targets.

I hope not.

Pete79
15-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Of course, McArthur can. He is hugely not match fit, that's all

Macarthur will be 30 next season. He's not naturally athletic for a midfielder. He is a good player and had a good first half of this season. But his box-box style of play is suited to more athletic, younger players. That said, he's now a back up and that's ok. Puncheon also needs to be a back up. I have respect for both of them but they're both relatively old for football players, as is Cabaye. We need to get younger in midfield given the high energy, combative style we need to play in order to compete.

Jim Cannon
15-05-2017, 07:19 PM
I hope not.

See who posted it LOL:D

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
15-05-2017, 07:23 PM
(i) keep Sam
(ii) keep Wilf
(iv) sign Sakho if fit

Wilf gets injured, who creates chances reliably?

Benteke gets injured, who else scores reliably from what is mainly crosses? Who else ever has here since promotion?

Who creates goals against teams set up to defend, the kind we still can't beat?

A lot of 'what we got' put us where we were. We need more than a new keeper. Much more.

bigGcpfc
15-05-2017, 07:38 PM
A new keeper,
Ward has to go , he really is a liability,
Keep Kelly only as a last ditch back up,
Puncheon had too many poor games, no goals or creates. Wouldn't be too concerned if he left.
I think the Sam's will improve the players we have and i trust him to bring in others to match his style.

Mr Palace
15-05-2017, 07:42 PM
See who posted it LOL:D

The legend is back!

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 07:45 PM

Haha! The return of Phil barber.. legend. Also full of shit.. but a Legend none the less

sl6 Eagle
15-05-2017, 09:18 PM
New goalkeeper- Heaton
New right back - Trippier
New CB - Sakho
New CM - Loftus-Cheek (on loan)
New winger - ?
New AM - Siguardsson ( dream on)
New striker - Abraham
New striker - Defoe

Out
Mandanda
Flamini
Ledley
Sako
Lee
Campbell
Remy
Mutch
Fryers
Williams

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
15-05-2017, 10:52 PM
New Keeper (first team starter)
Hennessey
Jules

New right back (first team starter)
Ward
Schulpp
PVA
Soaure

New Centre back (first team starter)
Tomkins
Dann
Kelly

Cabaye
Milivojevic
Puncheon
Jimmy Mac
New DM (cover)
New AM (first team starter)

Townsend
Zaha
New winger (cover)

Benteke
New Striker (cover)
New Striker (cover)
Wickham

My choices:
New keeper- Begovic from Chelsea
New RB - Zabaleta from Man City
New CB - Sakho from Liverpool. Kone from Sunderland if we can't get him/afford him
New DM - N'Diaye from Villarreal on loan.
New AM - Sigurdsson from Swansea but highly doubtful we will get him. Josh King from B'mouth should also be a target but again doubtful. More realistic would be Jota at Brentford.
New Winger - Grosicki from Hull
New striker - Oumar Niasse on loan from Everton
New striker - Defoe from Sunderland

Out go Mandanda for £6 million, Lee for £2.5 million, Mutch for £2 million, Williams for £2 million, Sako for £3.5 million, Fryers, Delaney, Ledley, Flamini, Campbell all go on frees and Remy returns to Chelsea. I would also loan out Wickham as we only play 1 striker so don't need 4 but I'd have a 24 hour recall clause.

Best team available:

Begovic

Zabaleta Sakho Tomkins PVA

Milivojevic Cabaye

Siggy

Zaha Benteke Townsend
This is a pretty good assessment to my mind. Although no one is going to buy Mutch and take his wages off us. Loaning him out is the best we can hope for.

RisZero
15-05-2017, 11:07 PM
You all know ive wanted Sigs for years but if he is leaving Swansea it almost certainly isnt for us :(

danpalace07
16-05-2017, 12:27 AM
In order from most to least important

Sakho
new keeper (Begovic?)
RB
Defoe

plus replacements for first team players leaving

moniker11
16-05-2017, 03:09 AM
CB - Nathan Ake - he can't get a game for Chelsea but has proven he's PL quality at Watford and Bournemouth. Young, fairly cheap who rightfully wants first team PL football.

LW - Henry Onyekuru - The Nigerian winger in Belgium with a ton of helium has been linked with Southampton. A possible star of the future with wow factor now and huge sell on potential later. How bout Palace snap one of these kids up instead of Saints for a change?

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 03:40 AM
CB - Nathan Ake - he can't get a game for Chelsea but has proven he's PL quality at Watford and Bournemouth. Young, fairly cheap who rightfully wants first team PL football.

LW - Henry Onyekuru - The Nigerian winger in Belgium with a ton of helium has been linked with Southampton. A possible star of the future with wow factor now and huge sell on potential later. How bout Palace snap one of these kids up instead of Saints for a change?

Think Ake has just signed new contract but might be wrong.

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 03:41 AM
Haha! The return of Phil barber.. legend. Also full of shit.. but a Legend none the less

Nah Harry Monk is the Transfer legend:lux:

aj4england
16-05-2017, 05:20 AM
Potentiall all prem shopping list on releatively low fees or loans. About improving the 25 man squad

New GK
Heaton - Burnley
Jakupovic - Hull
Gomes - Watford (underrated keeper, top penalty saver)

Defender
Zouma - Chelsea
Sakho - Liverpool
Gibson - Boro
Cook - Bournemouth
McGuire - Hull

Midfielders
Amrabat - Watford
Arnatovic - Stoke
Niang - Watford
Clucas - Hull
Arter - Bournemouth
Stanislas - Bournemouth

Forwards
Deeney - Watford
Abraham - Chelsea
Batschayi - Chelsea

Flappy Chicken
16-05-2017, 05:43 AM
Good shout @ aj4england

Clucas, thought he played pretty well in a dire Hull team

Jordan's Jacket
16-05-2017, 06:18 AM
Priority must be a top notch attacking midfielder. We are clearly lacking someone to knit the team together

aj4england
16-05-2017, 07:13 AM
Good shout @ aj4england

Clucas, thought he played pretty well in a dire Hull team

Will be cheap, young, technically good. All about having a stronger 25. He is an upgrade on Lee.

Payroll Legend
16-05-2017, 07:20 AM

Really!!!!

Oh, it's you Phil.

Maidstoned Eagle
16-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Will be cheap, young, technically good. All about having a stronger 25. He is an upgrade on Lee.

Amrabat is proper poo though.

GrahamS
16-05-2017, 07:46 AM
If the rumours of Delaney signing another year's contract are true, then I assume he is regarded as our defensive "insurance" whilst Souare recovers. To that end and that we maybe close to our wage bill maximum (and have to offer Wilf an improved contract so some cheaper contracts like Ladapo and Kaikai remain) plus we may have spend some of this summer's budget in January, my wish list would be:

Sell: Williams, Mutch, Sako, Mandanda, Lee
Release: Appiah, Ledley, Fryers, Campbell, Boateng, J Benteke
Loan end: Remy, Sakho
Possible release: Flamini

Promote to 25: Wickham, Ladapo, Kaikai
Buy: GK, CD, striker, RB (with pace who can play wing back if needed), ACM
Possible buy: DCM

The question, which may be obvious (!), is that we need cover if/when Luka is suspended/injured but need a professional who may not get much playing time so Flamini may fit that bill. I'd like him to be given 90 mins this Sunday to perhaps show SA and SP that he can do it or needs replacing.

BringbackShipps
16-05-2017, 07:48 AM
We absolutely have to sign a quality, attack-minded midfielder this summer that can get some goals and assists from the middle of the park. Given our home form it's as urgent as Sakho and a new GK for me.

TheCharmer1
16-05-2017, 07:55 AM
need to use our loans better.....

Eagle's Nest
16-05-2017, 08:37 AM
An update on mine:

Sakho
GK
RB
Cesc Fabregas
Quick CF
AM

EnglandEagle
16-05-2017, 09:11 AM
I know that this won't be popular. But I can see Campbell being resigned. Then with Remy option not being taken you go and search for one forward in the summer, rather than two.

jimos_uk
16-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Throw money at Wilf.

Sign Sahko, Defoe, Begovic and an Aimar style midfielder. Look at right backs, but with Kelly (at a push), an option and the amount of cash we'll have to spend on a top CB and GK, it may be that Sam decides he's got enough.

I know everyone thinks we'll be signing a bunch of players, but I suspect we'll try to invest in quality and just hope we don't pick up so many injuries next year.....

mushroom
16-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Throw money at Wilf.

Sign Sahko, Defoe, Begovic and an Aimar style midfielder. Look at right backs, but with Kelly (at a push), an option and the amount of cash we'll have to spend on a top CB and GK, it may be that Sam decides he's got enough.

I know everyone thinks we'll be signing a bunch of players, but I suspect we'll try to invest in quality and just hope we don't pick up so many injuries next year.....

Agree.
People seem to think it's like football manager.
It's not about what we want, it's about what we can do.
If Sakho/Wilf/new keeper is all we can afford, then I'll be happy with that.
Give Kai Kai some game time
Sam says he likes a few of our youth midfielders... use them if good enough.
Get in a
Pacy loan striker

jamescav0
16-05-2017, 09:26 AM
I would consider:
Sakho
Defoe
Delph
plus a GK
A very good summer

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
16-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I agree. Sakho was a complete disaster.

aj4england
16-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Amrabat is proper poo though.

Not in my eyes, technically a good player, can play in a number positions. No coincidence that Watfords form dipped when he was out injured.

aj4england
16-05-2017, 09:43 AM
As for people saying Begovic. A goalkeeper that has played 19 games in the last 2 years, no thanks. Looked ropey last night. No thank you.

Defoe, whilst a proven finisher, will be costly with no certainties over his long term fitness and not sure he would suit our style of play.

DARZET EAGLE
16-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Potentiall all prem shopping list on releatively low fees or loans. About improving the 25 man squad

New GK
Heaton - Burnley
Jakupovic - Hull
Gomes - Watford (underrated keeper, top penalty saver)

Defender
Zouma - Chelsea
Sakho - Liverpool
Gibson - Boro
Cook - Bournemouth
McGuire - Hull

Midfielders
Amrabat - Watford
Arnatovic - Stoke
Niang - Watford
Clucas - Hull
Arter - Bournemouth
Stanislas - Bournemouth

Forwards
Deeney - Watford
Abraham - Chelsea
Batschayi - Chelsea

Good list there, but only Heaton in goal for me, not the other two you have chosen.

CP-RJW
16-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Its been 50/50 in the Prem for us, Wilf, Punch and Sakho were successes, Remy, Bamford and Sanogo were failures.

swissroll
16-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Given Palace lost money last year and owners had to step in to aid funding in Jan window, we aren’t going to be buying 4 or 5 big money players, SA is going to have to do some wheeler dealing and find a nugget or two from foreign shores

So 2 big buys Sakho (or Kone) and a Striker

Then SA has to find those nuggets – GK, RB and attacking mid in that order.

4 maybe 5 players tops. Bring through 3 of the youngsters and that means shifting 7 or 8 on.

Brod
16-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Given Palace lost money last year and owners had to step in to aid funding in Jan window, we aren’t going to be buying 4 or 5 big money players, SA is going to have to do some wheeler dealing and find a nugget or two from foreign shores

4 maybe 5 players tops. Bring through 3 of the youngsters and that means shifting 7 or 8 on.
Yeah, I agree.

But I don't think a striker will a big buy. Renew Campbell as #4 and get in a loan or maybe Defoe for a year as #3 to bring on for 20-30 minutes or so might work.

Need AM more I think.

TheCharmer1
16-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I agree. Sakho was a complete disaster.

What about the other one ? How did that work out for you ?

mb23
16-05-2017, 10:36 AM
GK, CB, CM, attacking mid, ST

Players of the calibre of Pickford, Sakho, Delph, Mooey, Defoe should be the sort of players to look out for.

Mandanda, Fyers, Ledley, Flamini, Sako, Lee, Mutch and Remy can all go as far as I'm concerned.

adrenalin john
16-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Surely the No.1 priority is signing a quality goalkeeper. This is a key position and proven to be the position where having quality gains you the most points and not having it costs you the most. As this season has proven beyond doubt.

Why is striker a priority?

We won't sign better than Benteke and also have quality in Wickham and variety with Zaha if neccessary.

It would be great to get a Defoe in to replace Remy and give us options but this is not an absolute priority.

Likewise I would move heaven and earth to get Sako at centreback but only because he is so good. Otherwise Tomkins Dann and Kelly are more than good enough.

Signing an exceptional attacking midfielder makes more sense to me.

If we signed Sigurdson, Hart, Sako and Defoe and stayed injury free. We could compete with any team in the league.

Can't see us being able to afford it though that is 60 million in fees and 20 million a year in wages

Poosence
16-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Question: How many goals did we score from outside the area this season? The only ones I can recall are PVA v Boro, Zaha v Swansea (though may have been right on the edge) and Townsend v Stoke.

Not that there's anything particularly special about the penalty area but always nice to have a few freebies from distance including free kicks. That side of Puncheon's game seems to have drifted so be nice if we could find someone that offers that.

aj4england
16-05-2017, 10:49 AM
It is our most important transfer window since we have been back in the premiership. The manager has the full backing of the fans, who we need to keep, and we have a superstar player in Wilf, we have to keep.

We also, naturally have a large number of squad players out of contract from season 1 or 2 in the prem. A lot will depend on how many of these leave and how much of the additional deadwood can be cut such as Mutch, Lee, J Williams :( Sako and Mandanda even. The wages will be the big saving and don't expect us to be looking for big fees for these players. Whether we can shift people like Mutch, Sako and Lee who id imagine are on a combined wages of circa £100k, is the difference between paying Sakho's wages.

We will need to ship out and ship out fast before we do major business

Terrace Bickle
16-05-2017, 10:55 AM
I know that this won't be popular. But I can see Campbell being resigned. Then with Remy option not being taken you go and search for one forward in the summer, rather than two.

It wouldn't be unpopular at all. He's good back up. Would still like another striker in as Remy should be toast.

Brod
16-05-2017, 11:32 AM
It is our most important transfer window since we have been back in the premiership. The manager has the full backing of the fans, who we need to keep, and we have a superstar player in Wilf, we have to keep.

We also, naturally have a large number of squad players out of contract from season 1 or 2 in the prem. A lot will depend on how many of these leave and how much of the additional deadwood can be cut such as Mutch, Lee, J Williams :( Sako and Mandanda even. The wages will be the big saving and don't expect us to be looking for big fees for these players. Whether we can shift people like Mutch, Sako and Lee who id imagine are on a combined wages of circa £100k, is the difference between paying Sakho's wages.

We will need to ship out and ship out fast before we do major business
More like our most important window since the last one.

Every window is important as we transition from scraping by to established premier league and move up the food chain.

swissroll
16-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Surely the No.1 priority is signing a quality goalkeeper. This is a key position and proven to be the position where having quality gains you the most points and not having it costs you the most. As this season has proven beyond doubt.

We won't sign better than Benteke and also have quality in Wickham and variety with Zaha if neccessary.

Remy (waste of time) is gone. Wickham we have no idea about as to how the injury works out, which leaves 1 striker - Campbell if Benteke gets hurt. So we have to buy a striker. Maybe just maybe if Defoe agrees to come , next to nothing fee but big wages that might get us in the market for a known keeper.

cpfcfan1
16-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Not that we would stand a chance but Sigurdson would be a superb signing.

adrenalin john
16-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Remy (waste of time) is gone. Wickham we have no idea about as to how the injury works out, which leaves 1 striker - Campbell if Benteke gets hurt. So we have to buy a striker. Maybe just maybe if Defoe agrees to come , next to nothing fee but big wages that might get us in the market for a known keeper.

Fair point; if Wickham is not recovered then we definitely need cover.

I assumed Wickham was going to be fully fit by the summer

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 01:06 PM
It wouldn't be unpopular at all. He's good back up. Would still like another striker in as Remy should be toast.

Agree and Benteke , Wickham ( fully fit hopefully) Campbell and say Defoe would be decent in my opinion. And crucially leaves funds for other departments of the team.

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 01:07 PM

He told one of the many Palace fans at work bout 3/4 weeks ago he wanted to be ready by pre season:p

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
16-05-2017, 01:53 PM

I think he will be.

Bryan
16-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Still rate him but fear he will never stay fit long enough.

DARZET EAGLE
16-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I agree.

But I don't think a striker will a big buy. Renew Campbell as #4 and get in a loan or maybe Defoe for a year as #3 to bring on for 20-30 minutes or so might work.

Need AM more I think.

We definately need another striker, not just a squad player a starter, particularly if Campbell leaves.

DARZET EAGLE
16-05-2017, 05:32 PM

It would be great to get a Defoe in to replace Remy and give us options but this is not an absolute priority.

Likewise I would move heaven and earth to get Sako at centreback but only because he is so good. Otherwise Tomkins Dann and Kelly are more than good enough.

Signing an exceptional attacking midfielder makes more sense to me.

If we signed Sigurdson, Hart, Sako and Defoe and stayed injury free. We could compete with any team in the league.

Can't see us being able to afford it though that is 60 million in fees and 20 million a year in wages

A big ask in the Premier League, we were lucky that Benteke survived without injury.

Mr Palace
16-05-2017, 05:34 PM
We need two strikers. It's obvious. We got lucky that Benteke never got injured. Remy has gone and Campbell is poor. That leaves a permanently injured Wickham. We will definitely sign two strikers - or at least one striker plus one who can play up front or on the wing.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
16-05-2017, 06:06 PM
A big ask in the Premier League, we were lucky that Benteke survived without injury.

Given the quality of our AM and general creativity outside of wing play, Benteke is the only player capable of reliably scoring under the current system and we would have been dead and buried by April had he got injured.

Assuming Wickham is fit, we can either buy one good, mobile striker and a truly capable AM or we can stick with our usual dross midfield 'creativity' and require a third, big, target man so, should Benteke and Wickham get injured, we can scrape wins off Wilf's crosses. And then hunker down for another tough season praying to survive and wondering why we don't go forward as a club. Hopefully things are finally about to change on that front.

Ron Dogers
16-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Given the quality of our AM and general creativity outside of wing play, Benteke is the only player capable of reliably scoring under the current system and we would have been dead and buried by April had he got injured.

Assuming Wickham is fit, we can either buy one good, mobile striker and a truly capable AM or we can stick with our usual dross midfield 'creativity' and require a third, big, target man so, should Benteke and Wickham get injured, we can scrape wins off Wilf's crosses. And then hunker down for another tough season praying to survive and wondering why we don't go forward as a club. Hopefully things are finally about to change on that front.

Its a tough one, I'm sure CB would be like Jules was when Pulis got Henners in, better for some competition but can we afford a real quality player to be understudy? Both Burnley and B'mouth have done ok with buying top Championship guys for a few mil to do a decent job when needed. he ex-Seasick they pronounce Youjoeah possibly from Leicester? The South American guy at WBA who has fallen out of favour a bit?

Santos-er
16-05-2017, 06:56 PM
One thing for sure - I'm a lot more optimistic about potential summer signings with Allardyce getting them in instead of Pardew...

4 cryingOutloud
16-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Whoever is on Sam shopping list they will be signed to do a quality job, as opposed to some of the players Pardew recruited and couldn't get them fit and up to speed. In addition, all bases will be covered, with a balance of right and left footed players.

Joeymaz
17-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Begovic
Sagna
Sakho
Delph
Loftus Cheek
Traore
Defoe
Solanke

elgin eagle
17-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Begovic
Sagna
Sakho
Delph
Loftus Cheek
Traore
Defoe
Solanke

Looks good. Who is solanke?

Stavros 69
17-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Kennedy on loan from Chelsea would be useful

JDawg
17-05-2017, 09:39 PM
It's a big window for Sam. He got it spot on in January but boy did we spend. Not sure that's sustainable in the summer but this is the window where we gets to stamp his mark and we see what style he'll play. Assuming Cabaye is off, simply replacing him will give a view.

EagleSE24
17-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Kennedy on loan from Chelsea would be useful

Is he a left back? We're stacked in that position.

DARZET EAGLE
17-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Looks good. Who is solanke?

Dominic Solanke, 19 , is a striker/attacking midfielder at Chelsea yet to make his first team debut. Went on loan to Vitesse Arnhem in 2015/16 scoring 7 goals in 25 games. His current contract expires this summer and is likely to be released.

Jim Cannon
17-05-2017, 10:13 PM

Veteran midfielder:supergrin:

Stavros 69
18-05-2017, 07:38 AM

He's a left winger/attacker, would provide cover for Wilf and Townsend.

Steve in Phoenix
18-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Dominic Solanke, 19 , is a striker/attacking midfielder at Chelsea yet to make his first team debut. Went on loan to Vitesse Arnhem in 2015/16 scoring 7 goals in 25 games. His current contract expires this summer and is likely to be released.

Where does "likely to be released" come from?

Chelsea like to make money, they will sign him up and loan/sell him if they can.

Is it more that Solanke doesn't want to sign with them again?

Stavros 69
18-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Babacar

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 07:57 AM

Cheers

chelmsfordeagle
18-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Chelsea like to make money, they will sign him up and loan/sell him if they can.

He has rejected a contract. However, as he is under 24 there would still be a fee involved. No idea how much that would be.

aj4england
18-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Depending on health, always liked former spurs midfielder Ryan Mason, now at Hull

Mad Raschic Ken
18-05-2017, 12:32 PM

I agree. Campbell is 4th choice striker for a team that only plays one up front. It's not his fault that strikers 2 and 3 have been injured all season. I doubt we will get a better 4th choice in, so I would be happy for him to stay. We need to bring in a quality and dependable replacement for Remy and to get Wickham fit.

pardew's shorts
18-05-2017, 12:35 PM
With Benteke and Wickham, plus maybe Defoe, and Zaha only going to get better and better in central areas, spending a transfer fee on a central forward would be foolish, I think.

It would be more prudent to sign a player who can play anywhere in the front four in a 4-2-3-1 - a player like Kevin Mirallas. There are plenty of players who fit the bill across the globe, but to throw one closer-to-home name into the mix, how about Nolito?

There's talk of him going to Real Betis, so it might be too late, but the quoted fee is only £3.4m.

DARZET EAGLE
18-05-2017, 02:06 PM

As I said his contract is up and I doubt he will get another offer from Chelsea.

DARZET EAGLE
18-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Depending on health, always liked former spurs midfielder Ryan Mason, now at Hull

A very brave footballer . Following his horrendous accident, it will be some time before he appears again.

knowlesyUCLA
18-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Anyone who thinks we should keep Campbell needs their head checked. He offers the absolute basics and nothing else, and by that I mean he runs about a lot.

Kai
18-05-2017, 04:54 PM
I just hope that for the first time since promotion that we can enter the new season with a balanced squad and with virtually everyone in place well before the deadline. In years past we've looked woefully unprepared and never made sure we have enough quality players in every department.

Make sure we have 3 quality keepers, 8-9 defenders, 8-9 midfielders and 4-5 strikers all capable of doing a good job in the Premiership.

Hopefully we will also invest in some quality youngsters who can play if need be and who doesn't have to be in the 25.

danpalace07
18-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Anyone who thinks we should keep Campbell needs their head checked. He offers the absolute basics and nothing else, and by that I mean he runs about a lot.

who would we get as a better 4th choice striker? unless the academy has one waiting in the wings he will do

BUNGLE
18-05-2017, 09:37 PM
In order of priority:
Sakho
Gk
Right back
3rd choice winger - Grosicki?
Striker - Defoe?
Attacking mid

While replacing any first teamers who leave.

4 cryingOutloud
19-05-2017, 12:57 AM
I just hope that for the first time since promotion that we can enter the new season with a balanced squad and with virtually everyone in place well before the deadline. In years past we've looked woefully unprepared and never made sure we have enough quality players in every department.

Make sure we have 3 quality keepers, 8-9 defenders, 8-9 midfielders and 4-5 strikers all capable of doing a good job in the Premiership.

Hopefully we will also invest in some quality youngsters who can play if need be and who doesn't have to be in the 25.

I think Sam will be onto all of that. We now have a proper experienced manager with no frills who will get it done and dusted.

jamescav0
19-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Hennessy/ New GK
Ward Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka
Mooy Delph
Zaha Townsend
Big Ben

I'll be happy with this

glaziers fan
19-05-2017, 10:27 AM
One thing for sure - I'm a lot more optimistic about potential summer signings with Allardyce getting them in instead of Pardew...

Cabaye, Zaha, Benteke, Tomkins, Townsend. (First 5 names on the teamsheet?)

chelmsfordeagle
19-05-2017, 10:35 AM

:love:

I'd still have Dann ahead of Tomkins. Lets see if he can get fully fit. At his best i think he is better than Tomkins. But i agree with your main point. Pardew brought to the club 4 of our best players in my football lifetime (since 1988). Zaha was probably less reliant on Pardew to return but i think he was a major reason we have Cabaye, Townsend and Benteke

Dobbo
19-05-2017, 11:44 AM
My wish list.
No 1 choice keeper.
Competition for Wardy at right back.
Sakho of course (or another CB if Liverpool are prats).
One attacking midfielder (in the Sigurosson mould).
A No10 to play just behind Benteke.

Don't think we need much more.
Maybe cover for Luka if he doesn't fancy Jimmy Mac there.
Possibly another wide man if Sako goes.

nickchev
19-05-2017, 12:12 PM
From my perspective we will need to balance quality signings (at a price) with maybe a free transfer or two, a few loans and trimming the squad down. All a fine juggling act! I suspect my ideal wish list will be dependent on finances so ideally would love us to get the list below but appreciate finances may constrain some of this:

Wish List[/U]

Pickford
Sakho/Gibson
Sessegnon
Loftus-Cheek (loan)
Onyekuru

Then maybe take a punt on a young player from the league like:

Teddy Bishop (Ipswich)
Callum Camps (Rochdale)

DARZET EAGLE
19-05-2017, 02:13 PM
From my perspective we will need to balance quality signings (at a price) with maybe a free transfer or two, a few loans and trimming the squad down. All a fine juggling act! I suspect my ideal wish list will be dependent on finances so ideally would love us to get the list below but appreciate finances may constrain some of this:

Wish List[/U]

Pickford
Sakho/Gibson
Sessegnon
Loftus-Cheek (loan)
Onyekuru

Then maybe take a punt on a young player from the league like:

Teddy Bishop (Ipswich)
Callum Camps (Rochdale)

I love your selections, but is the budget there and can we attract them. Pickford for example is quoted at £20m-£30m and destined for a top six club.

Kai
19-05-2017, 02:35 PM
A challenge this summer will be not just to get the first team players we need but also to replace all the squad players who'll depart.

The likes of Ledley, Flamini, Campbell, Mutch, Remy and possibly Sako will all be leaving and must be replaced. It will not be easy to attract players into coming here knowing they'll be down the pecking order from the start, but it must be done in addition to getting a new goalie, a centre back, full back etc.

It's going to be one damn busy summer at Selhurst!

Panther
19-05-2017, 03:31 PM
A challenge this summer will be not just to get the first team players we need but also to replace all the squad players who'll depart.

The likes of Ledley, Flamini, Campbell, Mutch, Remy and possibly Sako will all be leaving and must be replaced. It will not be easy to attract players into coming here knowing they'll be down the pecking order from the start, but it must be done in addition to getting a new goalie, a centre back, full back etc.

It's going to be one damn busy summer at Selhurst!

And preferably replaced with significantly better players.

Stavros 69
19-05-2017, 03:34 PM
And preferably replaced with significantly better players.

Hard to get better than Chungy

smileysmith
19-05-2017, 04:03 PM
One attacking midfielder (in the Sigurosson mould).
A No10 to play just behind Benteke
Aren't these the same thing?

RCUK
19-05-2017, 04:08 PM
I need some new swimming trunks.

adrenalin john
19-05-2017, 09:10 PM
I need some new swimming trunks.

I can let you have some old boxer shorts on a free if that helps

aj4england
20-05-2017, 08:03 AM
From the press conference Sam says already have the initial targets , have to get realistic idea about the price before doing too much else and talking if a couple of youth players might make the twenty five .

aj4england
20-05-2017, 08:10 AM
In order of priority:

Contract for Wilf
Sakho
Better goal keeper

Need a striker Otherwise about the right priority order except I'd have two and not one midfeilders

Stavros 69
20-05-2017, 08:43 AM

Luka is the first name on the teamsheet

Adlerhorst
20-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Keeper (first choice)
CB (first choice)
Henry Onyekuru (if we can sell Sako to say Brighton)
Loftus-Cheek (season loan, purchase if Chelsea are stupid enough to sell him and Cabaye departs)
Striker cover (or re-sign Campbell :eek: )

The rest depends on who leaves out of who is out of contract.

I'd really really love us to make a massive push for Youri Tielemans, but I appreciate that isn't remotely realistic.

glaziers fan
20-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Luka is the first name on the teamsheet

Really? Ahead of Zaha?

Kai
20-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Really? Ahead of Zaha?

Looking at our team I assume there is actually 6 or 7 names who are "first on the team sheet" every week..:S:

Stavros 69
20-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Really? Ahead of Zaha?

What is the point of Zaha once we're 3-0 down.
Do you learn nothing?
1. Don't concede

Oh wait wingbacks :jerkit:

BringbackShipps
20-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Being rather optimistic with the budget but...

GK - Szczesny/Heaton/Begovic
CB - Sakho
AM - Klaassen - probably unrealistic given the clubs interested but apparently available for £20m. If not then I'd be scouting all over Europe for players with more than 8 goals and 8 assists in their league. Cairney from Fulham also an option.
ST - Tammy Abraham (loan) or short term option like Negredo as backup

Zabaleta/Sagna on a free as well if the money is there. Markovic on loan also worth a look, he's lightning and can play left or right.

JDawg
20-05-2017, 01:54 PM

In fairness we were all pretty impressed with last summer's signings. It's just AP couldn't do anything with them...!

Dave
20-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Goalkeepers: Colin Doyle, Rob Elliot, Keiren Westwood, Darren Randolph

Defenders: Cyrus Christie, Richard Keogh, Alex Pearce, Paul McShane, Shane Duffy, John O'Shea , Andy Boyle, John Egan, Marc Wilson, Kevin Long, Stephen Ward, Matt Doherty.

Midfielders: Aiden McGeady, Glenn Whelan, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Harry Arter, Conor Hourihane, Stephen Gleeson, Eunan O'Kane, Darron Gibson, Liam Kelly, Wes Hoolahan, James McClean, Callum O'Dowda, Daryl Horgan, Jonathan Hayes

Forwards: Kevin Doyle, David McGoldrick, Daryl Murphy, Shane Long, Jonathan Walters, Adam Rooney

dilem
20-05-2017, 02:28 PM

Defenders: Cyrus Christie, Richard Keogh, Alex Pearce, Paul McShane, Shane Duffy, John O'Shea , Andy Boyle, John Egan, Marc Wilson, Kevin Long, Stephen Ward, Matt Doherty.

Midfielders: Aiden McGeady, Glenn Whelan, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Harry Arter, Conor Hourihane, Stephen Gleeson, Eunan O'Kane, Darron Gibson, Liam Kelly, Wes Hoolahan, James McClean, Callum O'Dowda, Daryl Horgan, Jonathan Hayes

Forwards: Kevin Doyle, David McGoldrick, Daryl Murphy, Shane Long, Jonathan Walters, Adam Rooney

I'm suprised anyone would go to that much effort to make such an unfunny joke.

Seanee Pawnee
20-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Watching league one play off final. Millwalls keeper Jordan Archer has impressed me yet again. Already made one great save!

DARZET EAGLE
20-05-2017, 02:51 PM

Pretty modest selections there Dave, is it a wind up or do you think we will be playing Championship sides?

Stavros 69
20-05-2017, 04:03 PM

Which would give us the worst squad in the league

Nigelbrag
20-05-2017, 04:53 PM

You are nominated as Big Sam's replacement.

chandlem68
20-05-2017, 06:33 PM

What a shocking list!

chandlem68
20-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Being rather optimistic with the budget but...

GK - Szczesny/Heaton/Begovic
CB - Sakho
AM - Klaassen - probably unrealistic given the clubs interested but apparently available for £20m. If not then I'd be scouting all over Europe for players with more than 8 goals and 8 assists in their league. Cairney from Fulham also an option.
ST - Tammy Abraham (loan) or short term option like Negredo as backup

Zabaleta/Sagna on a free as well if the money is there.

I'm liking this list!

PHIL BARBER
20-05-2017, 08:06 PM
You are nominated as Big Sam's replacement.

**** have i been asleep and we were relegated to division 1 seriously how the f....k how can you suggest these players

CPFC_Fan
20-05-2017, 11:37 PM
Big Sam said he'd want to bring in 4-7 players. I hope we do bring in the top end of that figure. I hope we bring in positionwise a:

GK (first choice)
RB (first choice)
CB (Sakho)
CM (Ledley replacement pushing for 1st team place)
CAM (Chungy replacement competing with Punch for 1st team)
Winger (Sako replacement)
ST (Campbell replacement 2nd choice to Benteke)

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 02:46 AM
Big Sam said he'd want to bring in 4-7 players. I hope we do bring in the top end of that figure. I hope we bring in positionwise a:

GK (first choice)
RB (first choice)
CB (Sakho)

For that many to come in some will be sold...

aashman12
21-05-2017, 06:42 AM
For that many to come in some will be sold...

We're losing a few that are out of contract

dilem
21-05-2017, 08:15 AM
GK (first choice) Adrian(Free)
RB (first choice) Fosuh Mensah (Loan)
CB (Sakho)
CM (Ledley replacement) Kirchoff (free)
CAM (Holtby <12mill)
Winger (Sako replacement - Watmore/traore)
ST (Defoe)

Less than 45mill on fees here... could be plausible

Mr Palace
21-05-2017, 09:02 AM
We'll get 6-7 new players and about 10 will leave I think. We need a a big influx of new players and to finally get rid of a number of players who have made very little contribution. The big question is how much funding Sam will have.

Stavros 69
21-05-2017, 09:33 AM
CB (Sakho)
CAM (Holtby <12mill)
ST (Defoe)

Holtbys a good shout.

Nigelbrag
21-05-2017, 09:52 AM
**** have i been asleep and we were relegated to division 1 seriously how the f....k how can you suggest these players

I think you may have misunderstood, I certainly did not suggest that team.

mb23
21-05-2017, 09:56 AM

GK (first choice)
RB (first choice)
CB (Sakho)

Begovic
Sagna
Sakho
Delph
Jay Rodriguez
Defoe

Probably won't have enough money to get all of them...

aashman12
21-05-2017, 11:52 AM
CB (Sakho)
CAM (Holtby <12mill)
ST (Defoe)

Kirchoff has a terrible injury record.

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 12:33 PM
CB (Sakho)
CAM (Holtby <12mill)
ST (Defoe)

Holtby a good shout.

Kirchhoff is a crock.

Personally think it'll be

Adrian
Sagna
M'villa
Defoe
Sakho

And maybe a loan and youngster

dmf73
21-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Would like us to sign Zouma on a season long loan. He's a beast.

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Would like us to sign Zouma on a season long loan. He's a beast.

He'll be starting at Chelsea next year imo

sribib
21-05-2017, 01:10 PM
I ended up at Chelsea Watford the other day and zouma struggled ake looked far more likely to be starting for Chelsea next season really hope we don't go after John terry either as looked terrible!!
id look to sign
Gk Heaton(Burnley) If price Is reasonable and we have the budget if not Bentley (brentford)
Cb Sakho maybe Christensen from Chelsea if they fancy loaning him out again been class at monchengladbach
Rb Sagna
Cm Loftus cheek (loan,buy) N'daiye (villereal) or Swift from reading top young player if they don't get promoted
St Defoe or Abel Hernandez (Hull) if he could stay fit thrs a top player in thr somewhere!
Pos Winger/striker Success (Watford),Markovic (Liverpool)
Would leave us with this team
Heaton
Sagna
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA
Luka
Cabaye
Loftus cheek
Wilf
Benteke
Townsned
Bench
Hennesey,Dann,Markovic,Defoe,Schlupp,Mccarthur,Suc cess
Looks a good midtable squad to me

DARZET EAGLE
21-05-2017, 01:36 PM
I ended up at Chelsea Watford the other day and zouma struggled ake looked far more likely to be starting for Chelsea next season really hope we don't go after John terry either as looked terrible!!
id look to sign
Gk Heaton(Burnley) If price Is reasonable and we have the budget if not Bentley (brentford)
Cb Sakho maybe Christensen from Chelsea if they fancy loaning him out again been class at monchengladbach
Rb Sagna
Cm Loftus cheek (loan,buy) N'daiye (villereal) or Swift from reading top young player if they don't get promoted
St Defoe or Abel Hernandez (Hull) if he could stay fit thrs a top player in thr somewhere!
Pos Winger/striker Success (Watford),Markovic (Liverpool)
Would leave us with this team
Heaton
Sagna
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA
Luka
Cabaye
Loftus cheek
Wilf
Benteke
Townsned
Bench
Hennesey,Dann,Markovic,Defoe,Schlupp,Mccarthur,Suc cess
Looks a good midtable squad to me

Still not sure about your Striker bench options, Abrahams would be terrific as would Wickham who is not mentioned.

sribib
21-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Wickhams got to get fit and stay fit before id think about him as part of our squad definetly talented but injury record is terrible abraham would be decent but i think chelsea would want a guarantee he would play which we cant give with benteke. I also didnt include punch as imo i think hes been terrible this season and i would try to get rid i know hes the current skipper but shouldnt be in the team just for that!

Santos-er
21-05-2017, 04:15 PM
I think anyone expecting more "big" signings is going to be disappointed... I'm expecting a few Premier League journeymen/grafters and the odd foreigner no-one's heard of. Maybe one "bigger name" in the middle to replace Cabaye if he goes.

That said, I think anyone we do sign will be to strengthen the squad. It needs an overhaul, that's for sure.

100% Palace
21-05-2017, 04:34 PM
CB (Sakho)
CAM (Holtby <12mill)
ST (Defoe)

Hasn't Adrian just signed a contract extension?

dilem
21-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Hasn't Adrian just signed a contract extension?

Oh shame. Perhaps someone else then

AddoWolz
21-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Forward , Defoe or Tammy Abraham
and a midfielder who can pick a pass and occasionally shoot and maybe even score the odd goal ( Puncheon needs replacing now )

bigend1
21-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Sakho £25m ish
Bergovic/heaton/Pickford £10-15m
Siggy £15m
(Or similar)

£50-60m right there. Surprised if we have that to spend to be honest, shocked if we spent more but for me they are the biggies so any real cash there.

Still need a new striker, cover for Luka and competition for ward. These will have to be bargains surely

Defoe and sagna on a free?
Absolutely no idea of another Luka on the cheap.
A couple of good loans would certainly help

Assumes we keep wilf and zaha.

PeckhamSpring
21-05-2017, 05:57 PM
GK Begovic 12 million
RB Jenkinson 3 million\ sagna Free
CB Sakho 24 million or Kone 10 million
CM Yan mvila 5 million
CAM Hakem Ziyech 15 million or Thorgan Hazard 12 million
Winger Henry onyekuru release clause 6 million or Gezza free from lyon
Striker defoe free Abrahams loan.

CharlieCPFC
21-05-2017, 06:20 PM
GK Begovic 12 million
CM Yan mvila 5 million

There's not a chance Ziyech will be leaving Ajax for £15M, he's been there best player this season.

Also Defoe reportedly wants a £6M signing on fee.

Danny boy
21-05-2017, 06:23 PM
GK Begovic 12 million
CM Yan mvila 5 million

Good shout that

CP-RJW
21-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Have to question Thorgan Hazard too, 12 million?! 20+ is more likely.

cpfcfan1
21-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Troll Hazard :0

jamescav0
21-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Zouma is going out on loan next season, Sakho and Zouma as a back two :O

Stavros 69
21-05-2017, 07:12 PM

There is no chance JT will not play next season.
If we buy a first choice CB ala MS why waste a loan on a CB.

mushroom
21-05-2017, 07:13 PM

Zouma is going on loan, You sure?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
21-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Tom Cairney

PeckhamSpring
21-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Troll Hazard :0

Not Eden his brother Thorgan at Mochengladbach.

Kai
21-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Puncheon and McArthur should replace Ledley and Flamini as squad players next season

maestro
21-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Priority and what will keep us in the league next season is a decent GK and Sakho, get the foundations right

after that see whats left for the midfield

Beneaglee
21-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Either i want us to sell Mccathur, or Sam needs to use him further back. He seems to have adopted this CAM position and he is pretty terrible there.

Away
21-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Puncheon and McArthur should replace Ledley and Flamini as squad players next season

i.e. buy a No10.

+ replace Mandanda, Sakho, Remy

+ replace first teamers who leave

That, pre-season with Sam'n'Sam and we're top half.

Thefunkymonk
21-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Priority and what will keep us in the league next season is a decent GK and Sakho, get the foundations right

after that see whats left for the midfield

If we sign sakho we won't sign a 1st choice goalkeeper (for ££ anyway) . Too many other positions will be strengthened

maestro
21-05-2017, 08:15 PM
If we sign sakho we won't sign a 1st choice goalkeeper (for ££ anyway) . Too many other positions will be strengthened

After Sakho I feel that we will get more points upgrading our keeper than any other position

Even if just get sakho, a keeper and midfielder

dilem
21-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Wickham and Souare back by preseason would be a huge boost.

davemorris04
21-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Need a massive overhaul. Just far too much dross accrued over several years of managers who have penchants for making terrible signings.

maestro
21-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Wickham and Souare back by preseason would be a huge boost.

I dont see how Souare coming back from a huge injury will offer much at all considering Schlupp has been good at left back

desperado
21-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Allardyce has hinted in several press conferences that signing Sakho permanently is a priority but I think a Premier League goalkeeper has to be the number one target

Somehow we have managed to survive four seasons without a Premier League goalkeeper. Speroni, Hennessey, McCarthy and Mandanda have proved they are not good enough and we will continue to struggle at the wrong end of the table unless we sign one

We need a proven, reliable Premier League goalkeeper who can win us points regularly and not have someone like Speroni, Hennessey, McCarthy or Mandanda repeatedly let in soft goals

We have let in the first goal in twenty six of the thirty eight games played and we have lost twenty one times. A top goalkeeper would keep us in the game and allow us to get more wins and draws

mean
21-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Sakho £25m ish
Bergovic/heaton/Pickford £10-15m
Siggy £15m
(Or similar)

£50-60m right there. Surprised if we have that to spend to be honest, shocked if we spent more but for me they are the biggies so any real cash there.

Still need a new striker, cover for Luka and competition for ward. These will have to be bargains surely

Defoe and sagna on a free?
Absolutely no idea of another Luka on the cheap.
A couple of good loans would certainly help

Assumes we keep wilf and zaha.

Lets Hope We keep them both eh!?