PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Michy Batshuayi (Loan) Summer

Kidofwonder
14-05-2017, 09:31 PM
I know with Costa likely going the likelyhood is he will play more games and that it will be Defoe coming in, could we/should we possibly look into Batshuayi on loan?

Young, we've done a thorough scouting job on him, would push Benteke as second choice who's arguably as good as he is

Thoughts?

JAS78
14-05-2017, 09:34 PM
No more chelsea loans please

(Unless it's Fabregas)

Thefunkymonk
14-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Yes. He is a goalscorer.

RisZero
14-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Liked him when we were linked, not really had a fair go of it at Chelsea.

elgrande
14-05-2017, 11:25 PM
I know with Costa likely going the likelyhood is he will play more games and that it will be Defoe coming in, could we/should we possibly look into Batshuayi on loan?

Young, we've done a thorough scouting job on him, would push Benteke as second choice who's arguably as good as he is

Thoughts?

I'd stick to politics if I was you.

glaziers fan
15-05-2017, 09:55 AM
I thought he'd be the reason Chelsea won the league. In the end he didn't really feature. Not sure about him to be honest. If we sign him we will have to play with 2 up top. Can't see him coming to sit on the bench. it's not going to happen.

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Benteke will be no1 striker with Wickham his deputy in the big man role.

I don't think Michy would actually get enough games and he'd come at huge cost even if on loan. I think Defoe age wise would be more content with the game time he'd get. He'd get enough at his age to keep him fresh but not tired.

Stavros 69
15-05-2017, 11:53 AM
He wont go anywhere unless he's going to be no.1
He wont be here, Big Ben will start every game next season.
We need to get someone who is young and hungry to graft, get some experience here etc.
Wickham is made out of glass and cant be relied on.

Crunchie
15-05-2017, 12:28 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelseas-unlikely-title-triumph-hero-10419393

in-exile
15-05-2017, 12:31 PM
No more chelsea loans please

(Unless it's Fabregas)This...**** off Chelsea.

chelmsfordeagle
15-05-2017, 12:50 PM
If we get someone from Chelsea i would rather Dominic Solanke. I am sure i read he is refusing to sign a new contract. He is very highly rated, covers a number of positions and is 19.

Nostrils
15-05-2017, 01:04 PM
If we get someone from Chelsea i would rather Dominic Solanke. I am sure i read he is refusing to sign a new contract. He is very highly rated, covers a number of positions and is 19.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek for me.

fang
15-05-2017, 01:16 PM

I don't think Michy would actually get enough games and he'd come at huge cost even if on loan. I think Defoe age wise would be more content with the game time he'd get. He'd get enough at his age to keep him fresh but not tired.

is there any news on Wickhams recovery?

Nix
15-05-2017, 01:19 PM

Wow, you clearly want another season at the bottom.

We need to sign two strikers minimum. Wickham is no4 at best and FFS no more loan strikers. No team lets a striker go unless he is shite. Good ones are gold dust.

chelmsfordeagle
15-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Ruben Loftus-Cheek for me.

I would love us to get him but I'm not sure he will be available, we could compete with other teams interested in him, we could buy him and have money enough left for the other positions we need to fill and he would want to come to us. If the above are not problems he would be a phenomenal signing.

st albans
15-05-2017, 01:23 PM

We need to sign two strikers minimum. Wickham is no4 at best and FFS no more loan strikers. No team lets a striker go unless he is shite. Good ones are gold dust.

i think he meant Wickham would be the back up to Benteke (in terms of style of play), not that Wickham would be our number 2 striker

Nix
15-05-2017, 01:29 PM
i think he meant Wickham would be the back up to Benteke (in terms of style of play), not that Wickham would be our number 2 striker

Fair enough, but you wouldn't want to rely on him as a target man if Benteke got a long injury.
We clearly need a more mobile striker like Defoe but if we are relying on wingers to create chances then at least two reliable target men are essential. We have been lucky that Benteke has avoided injury in the latter part of this season.

Nostrils
15-05-2017, 01:35 PM
I would love us to get him but I'm not sure he will be available, we could compete with other teams interested in him, we could buy him and have money enough left for the other positions we need to fill and he would want to come to us. If the above are not problems he would be a phenomenal signing.

I don't think they'd sell him tbh, they'd be mad imo. A season long loan would be good for us, Chelsea and him. I think he's on big $ for a youngster though.

chelmsfordeagle
15-05-2017, 02:07 PM
I don't think they'd sell him tbh, they'd be mad imo. A season long loan would be good for us, Chelsea and him. I think he's on big $ for a youngster though.

I just checked him out on wiki. He is 21 and has played 22 league games (most as sub I'd guess) that is criminal. Dele Alli is 3 months younger and has played 140 league games. The dearth of potentially very good players that Chelsea are squirrelling away for a never arriving winter is terrible.

Nostrils
15-05-2017, 02:19 PM
I just checked him out on wiki. He is 21 and has played 22 league games (most as sub I'd guess) that is criminal. Dele Alli is 3 months younger and has played 140 league games. The dearth of potentially very good players that Chelsea are squirrelling away for a never arriving winter is terrible.
Agree, there really ought to be a cap to prevent this from happening. Make's you wonder how many gems have slipped through the net.

Celestial Empire
15-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Some players have lots of injuries when young, but eventually get through it (Martin Kelly for example). It will be interesting to see what the two Sams make of Wickham - really bring him on, or ditch him. 2017/2018 could be his key season.

Sir.S.C Remembered
16-05-2017, 08:44 AM

What other teams near the bottom have 8m signings on 65k as their FOURTH choice striker when they play 1 upfront?!

You are seriously overrating the league, forgetting we aren't in Europe, forgetting what formation we play, forgetting Benteke just played a season without injury, forgetting there is a thing called a budget...

On the same logic, if you rate Wickham that badly to merit only being 4th choice striker at a club then on his salary he should be the first out of the door.

Nice to meet you Mark Goldberg ;)

Random*
16-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Chelsea won't loan him. They'll sell him, or keep him and he'll be in the match day squad most weeks.

Martin H
17-05-2017, 01:50 AM
Just out of interest, has anyone seen MB have a good game in the Premiership ?

RisZero
17-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Just out of interest, has anyone seen MB have a good game in the Premiership ?

Not really but its more that he has mostly been a dying seconds impact sub for them than actually being notably bad.