PDA

View Full Version : Official: Mama Sakho is back!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

dilem
15-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Liverpool will let Mamadou Sakho leave this summer for 30m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/15/liverpool-mamadou-sakho-transfer-crystal-palace?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

This one will drag on for quite a while i think.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 05:57 PM
30m my arse. They are chancing their arm. Everybody knows he has no future at Liverpool so they aren't in a strong bargaining position. 20m plus add ins will do it imo

dilem
15-05-2017, 05:58 PM
30m my arse. They are chancing their arm. Everybody knows he has no future at Liverpool so they aren't in a strong bargaining position. 20m plus add ins will do it imo

Benteke had no future either. Still ended up 30Mill.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 06:00 PM

Benteke wasn't banished to reserves having fallen out with the manager

passion4palace
15-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Prices for all players have gone up since the inflated Sky deal kicked in and he's likely to go for something in the 30m bracket, particularly due to his form since he came to us on loan.

We have an advantage in knowing he works well within our team - for others it would be slightly more of a risk.

Signing at or near 30m would not be a bad deal for us.

Seth
15-05-2017, 06:11 PM
30m is their opener. Like Benteke, if all parties want it to happen, it will happen for less.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
15-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Would love it to happen but at some point we may decide we can get better value elsewhere. We will need to strengthen after areas of the team.

I do wonder if Kone has any kind of relegation release clause in his deal.

The problem if this drags on is of course that we may miss out on other good alternative targets.

Jono14
15-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Page 100 - signs

Jim Cannon
15-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Will all depend on what competition we have for his signature.

Jim Cannon
15-05-2017, 07:23 PM
The problem if this drags on is of course that we may miss out on other good alternative targets.

Under previous managers I would totally agree with this, but SA has always been one for getting deals done and has a good record with transfers. He already made some good signings for us. Strikes me as someone who will have 3 or 4 decent names as options for the positions he will be looking to fill. Very confident we will have a decent window. I just hope we have finally learned the lesson of not waiting till the 31st August and risking losing early season points though.

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Got feeling he wants to join us.. just think Liverpool will be ***** again meaning we'll turn else where

Nth Kent Eagle
15-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Under previous managers I would totally agree with this, but SA has always been one for getting deals done and has a good record with transfers. He already made some good signings for us. Strikes me as someone who will have 3 or 4 decent names as options for the positions he will be looking to fill. Very confident we will have a decent window. I just hope we have finally learned the lesson of not waiting till the 31st August and risking losing early season points though.

He has enough contacts in his little black book given the number of clubs he has managed.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
15-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Oh, I agree. I just mean that if we take too long trying to get Sakho but don't manage it then there is a chance that someone like Kone or other players on our radar could go elsewhere.

I have to admit that I don't think Sakho will sign. Just a hunch but I think he may ultimately be out of our price range - unless we don't fill the gaps we have elsewhere.

dasboy
15-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Don't think we'll get Sakho - think bigger clubs will be interested. Sam likely to go for Kone or Deneyer from Sunderland to play alongside Dann / Tompkins.

jamescav0
15-05-2017, 09:44 PM
It'll just be like Benteke, talks can start now and he'll sign early August. Probably break our transfer record but the way he reacted yesterday, it will happen

FourtyTwo
15-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Page 100 - signs

Optimistic eh!

Thefunkymonk
15-05-2017, 09:49 PM
It'll just be like Benteke, talks can start now and he'll sign early August. Probably break our transfer record but the way he reacted yesterday, it will happen

We won't break our record for him unfortunately.. not that much wonga available me thinks.

I'm nowhere near as hopeful as I was on Benteke. Think Liverpool will prove us out.. tossers.

Only hope is nobody else comes in for him and Liverpool won't have much to bargain with as he's done there and they'll want to cash in

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
15-05-2017, 10:55 PM
We won't break our record for him unfortunately.. not that much wonga available me thinks.

I'm nowhere near as hopeful as I was on Benteke. Think Liverpool will prove us out.. tossers.

Only hope is nobody else comes in for him and Liverpool won't have much to bargain with as he's done there and they'll want to cash in
I guess if no one is willing to meet their demands and Klopp still doesn't want him around then a season long loan could become possible - I wouldn't mind us paying a 5m fee, possibly a bit more, for that. Although I think Liverpool will definitely prefer to sell and raise the cash.

aj4england
16-05-2017, 05:13 AM
Don't think we'll get Sakho - think bigger clubs will be interested. Sam likely to go for Kone or Deneyer from Sunderland to play alongside Dann / Tompkins.

Hope not, both are awful footballers

Worksop Palace
16-05-2017, 05:20 AM
Problem is, we spend 30m on one player and we will not be able to strengthen the whole squad as is required, without selling some quality players. I think Parish will back Sam but to the tune of 50m max. We will struggle to get the players we need for the remaining 20m (as sick as that sounds)

Still think Wilf may go. :(

AJ's right boot
16-05-2017, 05:46 AM
This one will go on and on. Deadline day I reckon.

Kai
16-05-2017, 05:53 AM
This one will go on and on. Deadline day I reckon.

At least it will continue until the start of the new season, unless a really big club comes in for him.

mb23
16-05-2017, 06:12 AM
I hate speculating about money. Not even the media know what goes on behind the scenes (apart from a trusted few), or at least the deals are so complicated that there's no point publishing the true details.

If Parish and co. think the Liverpool asking price is worth it then I reckon we'll get him. We've got a few positions we need to strengthen in to have a good season, so we obviously should have cheaper alternatives ready if Sakho doesn't work out.

spt1978
16-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Cannot see any club paying 30m for him, 20m is realistic.

stumpy feelers
16-05-2017, 06:40 AM
Do it. He will be the difference between a good season or one like we've just had.

Neil 154
16-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Much as I love Sakho, I get the impression he's quite a challenging character for any manager. Big Sam's obviously a big character too and can deal with him, but I can see a huge percentage of managers saying "no thanks". For this reason Liverpool will definitely sell and there can't be many other teams a)willing to pay the asking price b)with a manager who fancies the hassle. That's what Parish will gamble on.

cpfcfan1
16-05-2017, 07:13 AM
Could go to Everton? Europa league and all that, even united are going to need a new defence

scro
16-05-2017, 07:20 AM
We all know the bloke is absolutely brilliant. However at 25-30 million, on big money and if my memory serves me correctly rather injury prone. I would think there is every chance we might not have enough with all the other business that really needs to be done.

From a fans perspective he's a must. I could understand with the need for a goalie, right back, centre mid, wing back up and a possible additional striker (pending wickham) we might find we don't have the money to sign him.

TheCharmer1
16-05-2017, 07:49 AM
30m plus wages for a centre back is extremely high, even though he was superb. Needs to be weighed up against other options

Nigelbrag
16-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Problem is, we spend 30m on one player and we will not be able to strengthen the whole squad as is required, without selling some quality players. I think Parish will back Sam but to the tune of 50m max. We will struggle to get the players we need for the remaining 20m (as sick as that sounds)

Still think Wilf may go. :(

Think you have hit the nail on the head, however, it is a difficult decision for the Board to make. Do they now give in to Liverpool's new absurd valuation due mainly to his improved form only since joining us, also do they see it as an awful lot of money for a club like ourself to pay for reasons you gave.
Personally i feel we should not exceed a fee of 23m max, which is still a lot of money for a club like Palace, but because of his impact at the club since joining On and Off the pitch makes him a special case.
A similar situation we have had with Benteke in having to pay over the odds, but justified by his impact as take away his goals and where would we be today? it could be the Board have to bite the bullet and accept what is needed if they want to stay in the lucrative premiership.

Icy
16-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up. 25m to get it done now.

Mr Iguana
16-05-2017, 08:09 AM
I think 20m with add ons would be doable.. it's still a hell of a lot of money..

We also need another striker, CAM and DM

Random*
16-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Would make him the 6th most expensive defender of all time I think? He's good, but not that good, so that's just Liverpool's opening gambit.

If he wants Champions League football then it's obviously unlikely we will sign him. I think Liverpool will have offers, but equally there's few teams outside the Premier League that can afford 20m+ players, and very few that will want Sakho for that.

The best situation is that he says up front he's only willing to sign for us. Liverpool then have to drop their price to something we're willing to pay, or threaten to leave Sakho in the reserves.

Random*
16-05-2017, 08:29 AM

My read of that was that we met Liverpool's somewhat optimistic valuation on that to intentionally block anyone else from getting him. He was our #1 target, and nobody else outside of China appears to have been willing to meet that valuation.

Zohar's Penalty
16-05-2017, 08:30 AM
I think 20m with add ons would be doable.. it's still a hell of a lot of money..

We also need another striker, CAM and DM

To be honest I would be prepared to blow the majority of the budget to get Sakho and try & save money elsewhere by going for cheaper options and rough diamonds. e.g. am I right in thinking Defoe would be free? Then maybe a few rough diamonds from the Championship.

Icy
16-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Would make him the 6th most expensive defender of all time I think? He's good, but not that good, so that's just Liverpool's opening gambit.

Cant be right surely. Just off the top of my head and in the last few seasons Man U spent 30m on Shaw (crocked) and 36m on Bailey (shit) and Man City spent over 30m a piece on Otamendi, Stones and Mangala. Then you have all the big foreign transfers Like Thiago Silva, Alves, Hummels etc.

You also have silly money being potentially thrown thrown around for likes of Keane, Van Dijik (Spelling?) etc

I think given that 25m for a French proven French international is probably going rate. We also know he fits in with the team and our style already.

EagleSE24
16-05-2017, 08:41 AM
As of August 2016. He'd certainly be in the top 10.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/the-worlds-10-most-expensive-defenders-34951496.html

Icy
16-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Cheers Eagles

Fair play. Got a feeling that will be a top 20 come the end of next season. Decent central defenders are few and far between so there will be a premium.

DARZET EAGLE
16-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Let the saga begin........this thread has legs.

jackstacks
16-05-2017, 09:45 AM
To be honest I would be prepared to blow the majority of the budget to get Sakho and try & save money elsewhere by going for cheaper options and rough diamonds. e.g. am I right in thinking Defoe would be free? Then maybe a few rough diamonds from the Championship.

Need a keeper plus Sakho, Defoe.

Begovic for 10m.:lux:

Jimmy Eagle
16-05-2017, 09:53 AM
30m plus wages for a centre back is extremely high, even though he was superb. Needs to be weighed up against other options

Aren't Chelsea about to pay 50 mil for that dutch bloke from Southampton?

ExiledStirling
16-05-2017, 04:13 PM
IMO he is one of the very few players it is worth paying over the odds for

cpfcfan1
16-05-2017, 04:16 PM
A decent cb is worth every penny, if we can afford it and still allow other areas to be strengthened we should try and sign him.

That's of course if he wants to stay.

PauLo
16-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Worth every penny IMO. He is a quality CB who is the peak of his career and could easily play for a champions league team. Whether he's training with the kids at Liverpool is neither here nor there. They still hold the cards.

regal_eagle
16-05-2017, 04:57 PM
30Mil sounds a bit rich for a CB.

With Liverpool wanting Michael Keane, maybe we should be ensuring they have to pay more than the touted 25Mil...unless they agree to drop the asking amount.

hatter8142
16-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Need a keeper plus Sakho, Defoe.

Begovic for 10m.:lux:

Not on last nights showing.

Ron Dogers
16-05-2017, 07:00 PM
30Mil sounds a bit rich for a CB.

With Liverpool wanting Michael Keane, maybe we should be ensuring they have to pay more than the touted 25Mil...unless they agree to drop the asking amount.

Compared to the CB they got from Saints for about 23m who has been shyt for 2 seasons. Judging by his demeanour and stuff i'm sure he loves it here but i'm sure rescuing his career is balanced by rescuing us so who knows?

EagleSE24
16-05-2017, 07:10 PM
If Cabaye were to join Mandanda and Remy on the way out, is there any chance that would that affect Mama's decision? Just wondering if the big French contingent is what helped him settle so quickly.

bgh2172
16-05-2017, 07:21 PM
If Cabaye were to join Mandanda and Remy on the way out, is there any chance that would that affect Mama's decision? Just wondering if the big French contingent is what helped him settle so quickly.

Seems to get on well with Benteke.

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 07:26 PM

If he wants Champions League football then it's obviously unlikely we will sign him. I think Liverpool will have offers, but equally there's few teams outside the Premier League that can afford 20m+ players, and very few that will want Sakho for that.

The best situation is that he says up front he's only willing to sign for us. Liverpool then have to drop their price to something we're willing to pay, or threaten to leave Sakho in the reserves.

He's not that good???:hmph:
The bloke is a brilliant defender.

bradpitt
16-05-2017, 07:39 PM

I see Benteke as the major influence and he's not going anywhere (I hope).

west country boy
16-05-2017, 07:48 PM

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/the-worlds-10-most-expensive-defenders-34951496.htmlThat German/Albanian chap at Arsenal went for something ridiculous like 35 million.

eagleforlife
16-05-2017, 07:55 PM
I'd pay 30m for Sakho and more.

Chief Brody
16-05-2017, 08:01 PM
He's tried and tested. If he wants in, pay the money.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-05-2017, 08:03 PM
You only have to look at the difference he made.

palacemetros
16-05-2017, 10:46 PM
No point in effing around on this one. Get it done quickly and get settled. I can see Cabaye staying too if we pull this one off.

At our level, injuries to a small number of key players is always going to have a massive bearing on the season but similarly there seems no point in diluting the quality just to add numbers.

4 cryingOutloud
16-05-2017, 10:52 PM
I'd pay 30m for Sakho and more.

I'm sure Steve Parish will be delighted to know that. I didn't realise that you were so wealthy that you could save the club from having to dig deep into the coffers. :p

Thefunkymonk
16-05-2017, 11:28 PM
He's not that good???:hmph:
The bloke is a brilliant defender.

I agree with you.. but I see the point he's making in terms of 30m making him 6th most expensive defender ever...

Liverpool are being wankers again with the price.. I love sakho.. think he's outstanding but 30m is over priced for a player who has no future at all at his parent club and has played and trained with u23s for most of season

Vince Hilaire's Afro
16-05-2017, 11:37 PM
5m rising to 500m when we beat Brighton in the Champions League final. They can have Jordon Mutch.

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 11:54 PM
I agree with you.. but I see the point he's making in terms of 30m making him 6th most expensive defender ever...

Liverpool are being wankers again with the price.. I love sakho.. think he's outstanding but 30m is over priced for a player who has no future at all at his parent club and has played and trained with u23s for most of season

Yes but that's just sign of the times re the silly fee. I agree where your coming from re Liverpool but i guess they know we want him, simply a sensational defender and agree with Exiled he's worth paying over the odds for.

Martin H
17-05-2017, 01:44 AM
I would like Sakho here for obvious reasons but if I am being realistic rather than 'crazy football fan who doesn't have to balance the books' then I can't see that it makes sense to pay 30m. Sakho hasn't suddenly become the only CB in the universe, nor the best in the world and we haven't become Man Utd. We can't afford, literally, to become fixated on one player. If we are planning to spend big money we should be able to get a top class CB for between 15-20m and still have cash to spend elsewhere. TBH we could probably get 2 CBs and still have some change from 30m. And we DO need to spend money elsewhere. BFS won't be sitting there saying, 'cool Steve that's job done then' he will be looking to strengthen the squad depth and quality.

It's not just the budget we have to be wary of it's the reputation. If we keel over twice to Liverpool at these huge prices, every player we ask about will get another premium because we are Palace.

Having said all of that, I would still love him to come but I think Liverpool are daft enough to hold out for the 30m and we shouldn't pay up this time. What I would add is that we shouldn't leave ourselves in the situation we had last year with CB where we were playing chicken until the end, and losing. We risk ending up without a CB.

Se9 eagles
17-05-2017, 05:57 AM
I would like Sakho here for obvious reasons but if I am being realistic rather than 'crazy football fan who doesn't have to balance the books' then I can't see that it makes sense to pay 30m. Sakho hasn't suddenly become the only CB in the universe, nor the best in the world and we haven't become Man Utd. We can't afford, literally, to become fixated on one player. If we are planning to spend big money we should be able to get a top class CB for between 15-20m and still have cash to spend elsewhere. TBH we could probably get 2 CBs and still have some change from 30m. And we DO need to spend money elsewhere. BFS won't be sitting there saying, 'cool Steve that's job done then' he will be looking to strengthen the squad depth and quality.

It's not just the budget we have to be wary of it's the reputation. If we keel over twice to Liverpool at these huge prices, every player we ask about will get another premium because we are Palace.

Having said all of that, I would still love him to come but I think Liverpool are daft enough to hold out for the 30m and we shouldn't pay up this time. What I would add is that we shouldn't leave ourselves in the situation we had last year with CB where we were playing chicken until the end, and losing. We risk ending up without a CB.

Wrong I'm afraid.One Sakho better than 2 good cbs by a mile.With Tomkins and Dann with Kelly as back up we don't need another 2 surely?

Nostrils
17-05-2017, 05:57 AM
I have a feeling that Parish has a bit more money stashed away than we realise. The only thing I base this hunch on is, Allardyce has stated 6/7 players will be required and Parish has also mentioned negotiations with Liverpool. I don't think Parish would bother with the Sakho talks if he didn't think we had the funds to get all/most of them over the line. It could all be some elaborate plan to get a better deal on some other CB though.

Ardent Eagle Forever
17-05-2017, 06:13 AM
It would be interesting to quantify Sakho's worth to the club. Would we have won the games he played in, if not how much would palace have lost through relegation? If the answer is 30m plus then the club would be spending money that they could have lost getting relegated.

spt1978
17-05-2017, 06:17 AM

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/the-worlds-10-most-expensive-defenders-34951496.html

Crikey, British clubs aren't great are buying defenders are we.

Chief Brody
17-05-2017, 06:29 AM
I get the impression the fee may largely be influenced by the FFP rules, rather than 30m being out of our reach on an affordability basis.

As so completely mad as that sounds, we clearly do have wealthy backers at present and they have unequivocally evidenced they are prepared to spend big on the right players.

The key for me is will he want to come. If he does, I believe Parish will cut a deal.

kit82
17-05-2017, 06:53 AM
I get the impression the fee may largely be influenced by the FFP rules, rather than 30m being out of our reach on an affordability basis.

As so completely mad as that sounds, we clearly do have wealthy backers at present and they have unequivocally evidenced they are prepared to spend big on the right players.

The key for me is will he want to come. If he does, I believe Parish will cut a deal.

Liverpool don't 'cut deals'. They will ask for an amount and if we want him we will have to pay it. Back to Benteke last summer...!!

TheCharmer1
17-05-2017, 07:38 AM
this signing would send a big message.....

cpfcfan1
17-05-2017, 07:41 AM
this signing would send a big message.....

Totally agree, with a couple signings I honestly think we can push the top 8.

CharlieCPFC
17-05-2017, 07:49 AM
I have a feeling that Parish has a bit more money stashed away than we realise. The only thing I base this hunch on is, Allardyce has stated 6/7 players will be required and Parish has also mentioned negotiations with Liverpool. I don't think Parish would bother with the Sakho talks if he didn't think we had the funds to get all/most of them over the line. It could all be some elaborate plan to get a better deal on some other CB though.

I don't think the American's are short of a few quid either...

foresthillbilly
17-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Liverpool's opening gambit of 30M is their starting point of negotiations. IMO that is a pl$$ take, when there are other options potentially available for a more reasonable price.
Parish said yesterday that talks are ongoing with Liverpool. I trust Parish,...and anyway, it's his cash :D (and a lot of other investors)

Chief Brody
17-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Liverpool don't 'cut deals'. They will ask for an amount and if we want him we will have to pay it. Back to Benteke last summer...!!

Well Liverpool did not seemingly get their asking price for Benteke up front, the amount bring contingent upon conditions.

I expect the same with Sahkho. As I said, I believe the key issue is whether he wants to join.

Sir.S.C Remembered
17-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Wrong I'm afraid.One Sakho better than 2 good cbs by a mile.With Tomkins and Dann with Kelly as back up we don't need another 2 surely?

I agree we don't need 2 CBs as we have Kelly who has proven to be good backup there too. 1 good one is better than quantity, BUT I also agree the money is mental. Kone was raved about just as much last year when playing under Sam. Class won't leave him. Sam could get him for half the price max.

Dobbo
17-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Think we should threaten to buy Steven Caulker instead to make Liverpool drop the asking price. ;)

Dogburger
17-05-2017, 08:19 AM

Are the FFP rules still an issue ? I heard last transfer window we were sailing close to the wind but assumed a new season is a clean slate .

Does anyone know what restrictions we may have on us , if any ?

PalaceSi
17-05-2017, 08:25 AM
If Liverpool were to sell for 20M i imagine there'd be a whole host of clubs that would want him both here and abroad, the same as was the case with Benteke. To get the player you really want you need to pay more than he's worth to blow these other clubs out of the water.
In Sakho's case he'd make such a difference here both on and off the pitch i reckon its worth doing it if at all possible.

Mr Palace
17-05-2017, 08:27 AM
He would be worth every penny. He had a transformative impact on our play. He's so calm in possession. Compare to Saturday when Kelly and Tomkins (both of whom played well so no criticism intended) often just smashed the ball away. Sakho takes the ball down and calmly retains possession - he often starts counter attacks given his passing is often forwards and accurate. So, I think he's more than just a decent defender. He gives us great balance on the left side too. He would be a massive signing for us.

MasterYoda
17-05-2017, 08:38 AM
30m plus wages would be mental. Not saying we shouldn't do it but equally it's not the no brainer people are saying.

Yes we did it on Benteke but he's our only striker - a position that will always command the biggest premium because scoring goals is always more noticeable than stopping them. While a world class centre half would stop a lot of goals you'd probably get more points from recruiting a world class goalkeeper. Even a premier league class one would be good :)

McpfcS
17-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Are the FFP rules still an issue ? I heard last transfer window we were sailing close to the wind but assumed a new season is a clean slate .

Does anyone know what restrictions we may have on us , if any ?

I believe they are judged over a three year period and next season will be year two. We had a 'new slate' last summer which likely helped us get Benteke done.

averity
17-05-2017, 08:44 AM
I think 30 million they are trying to take the piss. Think we should be able to get him for 25 million if it was a normal transfer! But klopp doesn't like him, sakho doesn't like Liverpool. Sakho wants to live in London and his ms deffo does! He was dropped to the u23 side etc so I think 20 million is more resanable! Hopefully he hands a transfer request in and kicks up a fuss!

Latvian Eagle
17-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Think we should threaten to buy Steven Caulker instead to make Liverpool drop the asking price. ;)

Made me chuckle. :D

Wouldn't be surprised to see that waster end up somewhere like Rangers or Celtic at some point.

Chief Brody
17-05-2017, 08:50 AM
I think 30 million they are trying to take the piss. Think we should be able to get him for 25 million if it was a normal transfer! But klopp doesn't like him, sakho doesn't like Liverpool. Sakho wants to live in London and his ms deffo does! He was dropped to the u23 side etc so I think 20 million is more resanable! Hopefully he hands a transfer request in and kicks up a fuss!

I think it unlikely he will request a transfer as that would forego any payment owed to him by Liverpool.

His behaviour suggests he has been professional and respectful throughout and I would be surprised to see that change now.

In reality Liverpool cannot be asking top dollar and freely admitting he has no future with them at the same time.

The two are not compatible. That means if he wants to come to us, Parish will get him for cheaper than the 30m.

Skintagain
17-05-2017, 09:00 AM

Me too, 20mil is more than enough. Yes Sakho did well for us but all the others have improved dramatically under BFS's regime.
There's other rated CB's on the move, Kone, Maguire, Gibson and plenty of others across Europe as well.
We can't and I'm sure won't start any negotiations without alternatives.

The midfield need some attention and gk too, we can't blow the budget on 1 player.

liberal clubber
17-05-2017, 09:21 AM
I think we will get him for 25m and that will be good business.
deadline day

Winterland
17-05-2017, 09:27 AM
deadline day
I can't see him coming on deadline day. One thing that's been impressive about Sam in the transfer window is that he has a list of candidates for each position; he doesn't seem to put all his eggs in one basket. If one turns out to be too expensive or is dragging on then - bam - it's on to the next on the list. I just can't see him going into the new season without a nailed-on quality CB.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
17-05-2017, 09:37 AM
I can't see him coming on deadline day. One thing that's been impressive about Sam in the transfer window is that he has a list of candidates for each position; he doesn't seem to put all his eggs in one basket. If one turns out to be too expensive or is dragging on then - bam - it's on to the next on the list. I just can't see him going into the new season without a nailed-on quality CB.

Whilst the CB position needs bolstering, let's not forget we already have Dann, Tomkins and Kelly. It's not like the club is absolutely desperate to sign someone ASAP - we can be discerning and aren't in a position where we can be held to ransom.

CPFC_forever
17-05-2017, 09:39 AM
I would pay 30m for him as I don't think you can put a value on how important he is to us and what a difference he makes to our starting 11.

I would go as far as to say that he is up there with Wilf as to how important he is so if we can secure his signature in addition to Wilf signing a new contract that would be a very successful window for us presuming we make a few other signings to help the team/squad (GK, RB, ATCM, ST).

We already have a great attacking front line that will score goals with Benteke, Wilf and Andros and therefore if we are able to stop the goals coming in, which Sakho has proved he is essential in helping with, then we can beat anyone. This was proved against Chelsea, Arsenal, West Brom, Boro, Watford etc.

I can see us pushinh into the top 10, possinly top 8 if we sign Sakho, keep Wilf and sign 2/3 other decent players.

In short...sign him up ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stavros 69
17-05-2017, 09:55 AM
deadline day

They'll want to get rid of him ASAP to free funds, esp as he's crocked.
If we think he'll recover from his injury, I imagine we'll stick in an early bid and get one with it. We will also have a plan and a budget to stick to.

swissroll
17-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Sakho elevates the players around him including Wayne, when he plays the rest of the defence are playing like they cost 5 mill more a head.

25 mill for Sakho is a steal

Thefunkymonk
17-05-2017, 11:03 AM
deadline day

We won't hold out until deadline day on his one

Adlerhorst
17-05-2017, 11:20 AM
I cannot seriously believe we would pay 30m for him. I think someone will though.

Maidstonecpfc
17-05-2017, 11:23 AM
I cannot seriously believe we would pay 30m for him. I think someone will though.
I think a lot depends on how ambitious our American billionaire owners are....

Stockport_Eagle
17-05-2017, 11:23 AM
deadline day
Will be amazed if Sam lets a key signing like this go until deadline day.

If it's to be done, I expect it to be done early pre-season. Our lack of preparation for this season was half our problem this year and I can;t see that being allowed to happen again.

Adlerhorst
17-05-2017, 11:24 AM
I think a lot depends on how ambitious our American billionaire owners are....

Maybe, but the Jan money had to be found from somewhere, which may have an impact on summer budgets

Thefunkymonk
17-05-2017, 11:26 AM

I don't think anyone will. Liverpool don't want him. No club will pay what they want.

jmemour
17-05-2017, 11:26 AM
This is going to run and run for 3 months. Painful.

FourtyTwo
17-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't think it will - Klopp will want rid ASAP to free the funds up for other spending. Given his performances for us, I expect it to all move fairly quickly once the season officially ends - it wouldn't even surprise me if we hadn't started contact after Sunday's game, when safety was confirmed.

That is, assuming we are interested in a permanent deal?

Wonder if he'll sit in with the fans on Sunday :D

Edit: Liverpool-supporting boss reckons they'll play hardball over the price (much like with Benteke), as he's pi$$ed the club off a bit, and they'll just do the same back.

Miklemoose
17-05-2017, 11:41 AM
I just hope that bigger clubs are put off by his perceived attitude problem (which only seems to have been a good thing for improving our lack of defensive confidence!)

Unless one of the top 6 (or European equivalent) come in for him, I think our bargaining position is good. The only leverage they have is that we really want him!

baldeagle68
17-05-2017, 11:54 AM
And they wonder why the world think scousers are scum……
Opportunist grab what you can at any cost even if they ruin a players career by pricing him out of the market.
Liverpool paid 16m for Sakho a player they have been playing in the under 23’s because he fell out with Flopp.
A player that before his time at Palace they were looking for circa 20m for giving them a 2m profit now because he did so well with us they want to hold us to ransom!!!
30m…. 14m profit on a player who they didn’t even play!
Yes I get he’s their player and all that crap but this is just typical scouse scumbag attitude guess they even thick they are the victims in this losing a player that they thought would be great for them until Flopp threw his toys out the pram……Big man!
Sakho did a great job for us and without him I’m sure we would have gone but 30m plus 4m a year in wages is huge (30% of our annual income) but the greed of the scummy wannabe scousers makes me sick.
Tinpot self-entitled win nothing media big club with an ever reducing global market due to their lack of success……Long may it continue can’t wait for their mid-table mediocrity to hit home in the next few seasons.

regal_eagle
17-05-2017, 12:04 PM
The sooner he sets off fireworks in his own bathroom, shoots a Liverpool youth player with an air rifle or smacks a team mate with a golf club, the sooner he'll be riding his giraffe all the way down the M6...whilst stroking a lion, naturally.

jimos_uk
17-05-2017, 01:55 PM
I see him moving for 22-25m, not for 30m. I just don't think that there are that many clubs willing to hit that top mark for a centre back, albeit an outstanding one. With PSG out, from France it's only really Marseille (won't happen), and Nice (I can't see them spending that kind of money). If you look at Italy, I just don't buy into any of the top clubs wanting to spend that on a defender. Spain? Unlikely for my money.

Our competition, I suspect, is more likely to be from these shores. I've no doubt conversations are ongoing right now and the hugely optimistic part of me thinks that we're in a good place with the love we've shown him. We'll pay him a fortune and he'll be guaranteed first team football at a club that, despite the last 12 months, should have a great future.

Crofty
17-05-2017, 02:11 PM
I see him moving for 22-25m, not for 30m. I just don't think that there are that many clubs willing to hit that top mark for a centre back, albeit an outstanding one. With PSG out, from France it's only really Marseille (won't happen), and Nice (I can't see them spending that kind of money). If you look at Italy, I just don't buy into any of the top clubs wanting to spend that on a defender. Spain? Unlikely for my money.

Our competition, I suspect, is more likely to be from these shores. I've no doubt conversations are ongoing right now and the hugely optimistic part of me thinks that we're in a good place with the love we've shown him. We'll pay him a fortune and he'll be guaranteed first team football at a club that, despite the last 12 months, should have a great future.

I hope you are right. He has proven himself to be a major asset to our club already.:love::lux::love::lux:

sylvan eagle
17-05-2017, 02:14 PM
I can see this going down the line like the Benteke deal did

Zohar's Penalty
17-05-2017, 02:17 PM

Agree with this, good post. I would add, if he comes here he gets the captaincy also. We have witnessed the effect his shear presence has had on the other players, so it would be a given.

Steve in Phoenix
17-05-2017, 02:17 PM
How much was our loan fee? I could see that as being a negotiating tactic to get Liverpool to come down. ie/ You want 30m, we'll pay 25m + that loan fee you've already had.. plus the champions league clause of course.

Palace Bear
17-05-2017, 02:20 PM

Yep, think Liverpool have proved they are willing to play hardball even with a player they don't want to keep.

Twilko
17-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Does he have a younger brother who we could give a one year contract to in order to sweeten the deal?

chelmsfordeagle
17-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Edit: Liverpool-supporting boss reckons they'll play hardball over the price (much like with Benteke), as he's pi$$ed the club off a bit, and they'll just do the same back.

Do we actually know the terms of Benteke's transfer? I have heard Liverpool fans say similar and it all seems to be linked back to one journalist from a Liverpool newspaper, i.e. speculation. Klopp came out and said he wanted x amount for Benteke but there has been nothing that i have seen to confirm what was paid. The Sahko transfer will probably be similar, whoever he goes to.

4 cryingOutloud
17-05-2017, 03:21 PM
I don't think the American's are short of a few quid either...

Or even dollars $

Josh Harris:
https://www.google.com/search?q=josh+harris+worth&oq=josh+harris+worth&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.12367j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

David S. Blitzer is also a Billionaire.

Jim Cannon
17-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Does he have a younger brother who we could give a one year contract to in order to sweeten the deal?

No but he is mates with Bakary Sako is that close enough:D

4 cryingOutloud
17-05-2017, 03:27 PM

Sakho was born in Paris to Senegalese parents and was the fourth child of a family of seven children, so maybe we could. Whether or not he can actually play football is another matter and we already have our quota of those type of players. :eek:

Gyro1780
17-05-2017, 03:33 PM

I don't. I think this will be done fairly quick. Liverpool want the money for van Dijk.

Stavros 69
17-05-2017, 03:37 PM
The injury he got probably took 5m straight off his price tag.
We've also paid a loan fee which will get included in the total.
It'll probably be 15m upfront with a couple of staged payments.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
17-05-2017, 03:52 PM
The injury he got probably took 5m straight off his price tag.
We've also paid a loan fee which will get included in the total.
It'll probably be 15m upfront with a couple of staged payments.

Why do you assume the loan fee would be included in the total? Why would they sell him to us cheaper than any other side just because we had him on loan?

I don't really see why the injury would take that much off his fee either to be honest.

Bizarro
17-05-2017, 04:06 PM
At the end of the day he hasn't played enough games for a top side to be interested. We know he's great but I can't see many teams coming in for him if Liverpool want 20 mill plus.
I'd say we've got a great chance of signing him.

swissroll
17-05-2017, 04:11 PM
I can see this being a case where a smaller club is prepared to pay more than a big club - given his positive impact on Palace and his negative impact on Liverpool.

PeckhamSpring
17-05-2017, 04:33 PM
In my opinion we should do what ever we can to sign him and keep Wilf. He is a top player.

mushroom
17-05-2017, 04:38 PM
If we finished the transfer window with just Sakho and Wilf signed... I'll be happy.

Stavros 69
17-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Why do you assume the loan fee would be included in the total? Why would they sell him to us cheaper than any other side just because we had him on loan?

I don't really see why the injury would take that much off his fee either to be honest.

Quite often it gets deducted from the total price.
A lot of players who go out on loan for a decent fee will see it come off the price tag.
It's only a cheeky mill or 2. ;)

cdm61
17-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Sakho and help for Benteke and we could match Everton

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
17-05-2017, 09:51 PM
A lot of players who go out on loan for a decent fee will see it come off the price tag.
I know it often happens if it is part of the original loan deal where a permanent fee was already agreed. But as it wasn't (if we believe SP and Allardyce) why would they now sell him to us a cheaper price than any other suitor.

Stavros 69
18-05-2017, 07:44 AM
I know it often happens if it is part of the original loan deal where a permanent fee was already agreed. But as it wasn't (if we believe SP and Allardyce) why would they now sell him to us a cheaper price than any other suitor.

They clearly just want to get rid of him, but they also will need to do it quickly.
It's easier to sell him to us, as he knows what he's getting here (assuming he would want to come here).
Anyway, I'm not going to get into it. Just an opinion.

chelmsfordeagle
18-05-2017, 08:14 AM

There is no reason why Liverpool would do this. Any deduction would be because the loan deal included a clause to buy in the future. Ours did not.

SeanPalace84
18-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Would love to see this sorted early doors but it's unlikely.

Cyneagle
18-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Could someone remind me what the injury is please.

DARZET EAGLE
18-05-2017, 02:20 PM

Strained knee ligament left leg.

Cyneagle
18-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Strained knee ligament left leg.

Thanks Darzet. Would you know what his injury record is like.
I'm a bit suspicious of the scousers.

Selhurst Celtic
18-05-2017, 02:33 PM

Enough to kill an ordinary man.

DARZET EAGLE
18-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Thanks Darzet. Would you know what his injury record is like.
I'm a bit suspicious of the scousers.

Google Mamadou Sakho injury record, given his position, his injury record doesn't look too bad over the past six seasons.

Stellavista
18-05-2017, 02:43 PM
If we finished the transfer window with just Sakho and Wilf signed... I'll be happy.

I wouldn't. There are other positions that need strengthening, and our bench has been piss poor on a number of occasions this season.

Nostrils
18-05-2017, 04:55 PM
If we didn't have to play bloody Bournemouth on the final evening of the window, I'm certain an option to buy would've been there for the original asking price - 20m. The FA and their ridiculous fixtures have made life very difficult for us this season. ****s.

keithywonder
18-05-2017, 07:26 PM
If we didn't have to play bloody Bournemouth on the final evening of the window, I'm certain an option to buy would've been there for the original asking price - 20m. The FA and their ridiculous fixtures have made life very difficult for us this season. ****s.

I'm sure that Sam alluded to the fact that they finalised the deal of Sakho at Bournemouth and didn't want the complication of adding in the option to buy as this may have stalled the deal

Nostrils
18-05-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm sure that Sam alluded to the fact that they finalised the deal of Sakho at Bournemouth and didn't want the complication of adding in the option to buy as this may have stalled the deal
The way I read it was that they didn't have the time. They had to do the deal over the phone due to preparing and actually playing the game. He seemed to be having a dig about the scheduling of the game itself preventing them being able to finalise the contract in the way they would've preferred i.e. getting the option in as well.

I think we're actually thinking th

Kidofwonder
18-05-2017, 08:42 PM
didn't realise he was only 27! could potentially have 6-7 years out of him 30 million doesn't seem steep

Bryan
18-05-2017, 09:31 PM

Agreed. For some reason the top 6 clubs don't rate him and there are few of any others who will be willing to pay near 30m

Benteke was 27m by the way.

RisZero
19-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Dont want to overly read into anything but Sakho's wife started following CPFCGIFS on Twitter (as he was all too keen to point out!)

Sick Bucket
19-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Would be fantastic if we could get this done he was SO good, I think it's fair to say that without him there's no way we'd be heading into the Man. U. game safe.

Worksop Palace
19-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Would be fantastic if we could get this done he was SO good, I think it's fair to say that without him there's no way we'd be heading into the Man. U. game safe.

I honestly think we would be down

mushroom
19-05-2017, 09:01 PM

Soarin' Eagles
19-05-2017, 09:14 PM
I have a good feeling in this one. He knows he is adored by the Palace faithful and he seems to have really just enjoyed playing football with us. He's good friends with Benteke etc.

Really I am just trying to latch on any advantage we have.

RCUK
19-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Why on earth didn't we include a buy clause with figure in the initial loan deal - thats beyond me.

SmokeyStover7
19-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Why on earth didn't we include a buy clause with figure in the initial loan deal - thats beyond me.

Because maybe Liverpool wouldn't include one? Or it would have cost us millions just to have that option included?

fang
19-05-2017, 09:36 PM

I think SA stated there simply wasn't time. The loan deal was concluded over the phone shortly before the deadline.

4 cryingOutloud
19-05-2017, 10:00 PM

Because it was concluded very late on deadline day just minutes before the window closed. Surely that's not beyond you?;)

Yoda
19-05-2017, 10:01 PM
I think SA stated there simply wasn't time. The loan deal was concluded over the phone shortly before the deadline.

Whilst we were having to play an away match.

That said, there's no certainty that Liverpool would have agreed to one anyway.

cpfcfan1
20-05-2017, 06:48 AM

That's it then he's signing

Off to pre order my shirt with Sakho on[emoji106]

mether
20-05-2017, 07:06 AM
That's it then he's signing

Off to pre order my shirt with Sakho on[emoji106] is that real?

cpfcfan1
20-05-2017, 07:09 AM
is that real?

No idea, it's his real snapchat, but I'd imagine someone has put the writing over the top

Nigelbrag
20-05-2017, 08:19 AM

I agree.
We were in a strong position THEN when he was unwanted by Liverpool and was never going to figure as was made clear by Klopp, if that is not a good time to barter, then when is.
From memory the fee Liverpool were asking as acceptable was around 20m, which seems a good deal Now, but would have been a gamble for Palace to pay if he had not produced the performances he has, and this is where it has played into Liverpool's bargaining hand.
As the saying goes in "Hindsight" we are all wiser.

SE25 exile
20-05-2017, 08:24 AM
I agree.
We were in a strong position THEN when he was unwanted by Liverpool and was never going to figure as was made clear by Klopp, if that is not a good time to barter, then when is.
From memory the fee Liverpool were asking as acceptable was around 20m, which seems a good deal Now, but would have been a gamble for Palace to pay if he had not produced the performances he has, and this is where it has played into Liverpool's bargaining hand.
As the saying goes in "Hindsight" we are all wiser.

Couldn't be done in time. If we had added that request it would have compromised the loan deal at the last minute and consequently no Sakho to Palace at all.

AndyB
20-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Couldn't be done in time. If we had added that request it would have compromised the loan deal at the last minute and consequently no Sakho to Palace at all.

I get that it was all done last minute, just would have thought we could have gone back to them and negotiated a purchase price after the initial loan deal was done.

My guess is noone really expected him to make such a difference to the team and once he started playing and it became obvious we had already lost the power to them.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
20-05-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure we'll get him to be honest but let's just wait and see.
Although I have wondered if a season long loan deal would be possible if no one meets Liverpool's fee?

DARZET EAGLE
20-05-2017, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure we'll get him to be honest but let's just wait and see.
Although I have wondered if a season long loan deal would be possible if no one meets Liverpool's fee?

Nah, Liverpool want him off their payroll and transfer funds for a replacement like Van Dyke.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
20-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Nah, Liverpool want him off their payroll and transfer funds for a replacement like Van Dyke.

Hope we can get a permanent deal done. Just don't know if we'll reach an agreement.

East-End Eagle
20-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Let's face it, no one on here has ever been anywhere near a transfer negotiation have they. No idea about what clauses , options etc are put on and why. It's best just to wait and see who is announced rather than trying to transfer your football manager computer skills into real life.

East-End Eagle
20-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Having said that hope we blooming sign him!

jimmy the gent
20-05-2017, 07:17 PM
We signed him on loan at 1am after the Bournemouth win, i think it's fair to say the deal was rushed through, and you can excuse the club not playing hardball re buy-clauses...

old geezer
20-05-2017, 07:22 PM
We signed him on loan at 1am after the Bournemouth win, i think it's fair to say the deal was rushed through, and you can excuse the club not playing hardball re buy-clauses...

I just thank God we got him in January
I hope we can agree a permanent deal - he reminds me of Eric the Ninja Young

lee_cpfc
20-05-2017, 07:58 PM
I reckon we will get him

PHIL BARBER
20-05-2017, 08:03 PM
I have heard a season long loan is another option.

JAS78
20-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Why would Liverpool have any interest in that? No benefit to them at all, so I'd say that's rubbish.

PHIL BARBER
20-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Why would Liverpool have any interest in that? No benefit to them at all, so I'd say that's rubbish.

seems upset must be a trolling scouser, :afro:

i have heard it works for both parties we could pay off some of the fee without it hitting the club all at once with an option to sign next summer.

SE25 exile
20-05-2017, 08:34 PM
I get that it was all done last minute, just would have thought we could have gone back to them and negotiated a purchase price after the initial loan deal was done.

My guess is noone really expected him to make such a difference to the team and once he started playing and it became obvious we had already lost the power to them.

It would have meant a renegotiation of the loan contract after it was signed and the window closed, and it might be against transfer rules to do this.

From what Sam has said on this, he wanted a permanent option in the deal at the time of signing, but said there was no time, so I don't think it had anything to do with an afterthought because he was playing well for us.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
20-05-2017, 10:58 PM

They might do if no one meets their asking price but is willing to pay a sizeable loan fee. But I'm pretty sure they will wait until August to even consider it.

JAS78
20-05-2017, 11:08 PM
They might do if no one meets their asking price but is willing to pay a sizeable loan fee. But I'm pretty sure they will wait until August to even consider it.

The amount of money that will be swishing around in this transfer window will be obscene, if we don't get a deal done someone else will step in without doubt

imo Klopp will want to offload as it will give him further funds to do business, plus he won't want the Sakho/Klopp saga dragging on another 12 months. Clean slate needed I think

Kirby
20-05-2017, 11:08 PM

I take it you've never seen any of PHIL BARBER's posts before?

JAS78
20-05-2017, 11:13 PM
I take it you've never seen any of PHIL BARBER's posts before?

Yep, has the same sources as HARRY MONK

Jim Cannon
20-05-2017, 11:35 PM

Why do you insist on writing bollox

Shipp Ahoy!
20-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Question, why hasn't the obvious troll been banned???

Gyro1780
21-05-2017, 01:48 AM

What is that smell...??

No way Liverpool will want a loan again. Surely they want the money to go after van Dijk or whoever else?

AJ
21-05-2017, 02:46 AM
seems upset must be a trolling scouser, :afro:

i have heard it works for both parties we could pay off some of the fee without it hitting the club all at once with an option to sign next summer.
We wouldnt pay the whole amount up front. I expect it would be over the length of the players contract.

Steve in Phoenix
21-05-2017, 05:42 AM

Its a negotiating tactic. Parish needs leverage like that to bring the price down.

Obviously if someone else offers 30M, we would have to match it to get him, we wouldnt get him cheaper. But nobody wants him as much as we do which has inflated the fee Liverpool want. So Parish needs to get it down in a reasonable manner and this is one way.

mroakley9
21-05-2017, 05:52 AM
Question, why hasn't the obvious troll been banned???

Don't disrespect PHIL

red&blue_moomin
21-05-2017, 07:12 PM
30m plus wages would be mental. Not saying we shouldn't do it but equally it's not the no brainer people are saying.

Yes we did it on Benteke but he's our only striker - a position that will always command the biggest premium because scoring goals is always more noticeable than stopping them. While a world class centre half would stop a lot of goals you'd probably get more points from recruiting a world class goalkeeper. Even a premier league class one would be good :)

A championship standard one would be nice....

Crunchie
21-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Why do you insist on writing bollox

He's not very good at it, but I will give him 110% for effort.

PHIL BARBER
22-05-2017, 03:08 AM

That's what jim cannon wife says about him :D

Worksop Palace
22-05-2017, 08:51 AM
That's what jim cannon wife says about him :D

The fact that you posted that at 4 in the morning tends to suggest your life is as tragic as your trolling

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 08:54 AM

I wouldn't .

sydnsteve
22-05-2017, 11:27 AM
The fact that you posted that at 4 in the morning tends to suggest your life is as tragic as your trolling

Or that he was seeing Jim Canon's wife?

Payroll Legend
22-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Phil was responsible for the funniest thread I've ever read on here. The Wilshere thread had people at work wondering if I was ok and I had to try and keep it together. It was like when you were a kid and you were trying not to laugh in assembly and your mate keeps pulling a face or someone farts or something.

Carry on Phil.

glaziers fan
22-05-2017, 11:49 AM
I think we should look to get the Sakho deal done as quickly as possible. Would be a real statement of intent, and help us attract others to the club.

fang
22-05-2017, 11:51 AM
I think we should look to get the Sakho deal done as quickly as possible. Would be a real statement of intent, and help us attract others to the club.
Assuming, of course, we have any money left.

Nostrils
22-05-2017, 11:52 AM
The benefit of getting this done early would be that we would be more attractive to a goalkeeper.

Payroll Legend
22-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Get your wallet out then GF.

Gyro1780
22-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Aren't Parish & the board meeting with Big Sam this week. Would be nice if we could get any deals done early.
I know it won't be yet but early July would be good.

Stellavista
22-05-2017, 03:12 PM
When window open?

CP-RJW
22-05-2017, 03:34 PM
When window open?
When Sakho come?

Gyro1780
22-05-2017, 03:46 PM
When window open?

July 1st.

I'm hoping all our deals are done before August :p

Thefunkymonk
22-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Just tweeted 'mission accomplished' thank you cpfc...

Now for the bbs to read into it how they wish

SJ'sLoveMonkey
22-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Just tweeted 'mission accomplished' thank you cpfc...

Now for the bbs to read into it how they wish

Who FM, Sakho?

xian1
22-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Mama has just posted on FB, lots of selfies with players in the dressing room and
" Mission Accomplished, thanks to the #CPFAMILY "

I hope that isn't goodbye ...

Golf Boy
22-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Mama has just posted on FB, lots of selfies with players in the dressing room and
" Mission Accomplished, thanks to the #CPFAMILY "

I hope that isn't goodbye ...

Sounds valedictory

eagles #1
22-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Sounds like 'thanks and goodbye' to me..

xian1
22-05-2017, 04:43 PM
I suppose at this point, he is now back at Liverpool and must wait to find out if he is on the transfer list or not ?

old geezer
22-05-2017, 04:44 PM

Or thanks now I can sign - depends how you want to read its

eagles #1
22-05-2017, 04:48 PM

cpfcfan1
22-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Bye Mama, thanks for the fight [emoji106]

bubbs11
22-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Yes that was my first thought, but if you keep reading it over and over, your brain does this great thing by tricking you into thinking it might be positive. :)

CP-RJW
22-05-2017, 04:52 PM
If he doesn't join would he go down as the most legendary cpfc loan signing ever? (Not based on how good the player was in the rest of their career i.e Ashley Cole, their contribution for us.)

Chillo
22-05-2017, 04:56 PM
If he doesn't join would he go down as the most legendary cpfc loan signing ever? (Not based on how good the player was in the rest of their career i.e Ashley Cole, their contribution for us.)

No. Very good, but not the most legendary IMHO.

Hampshire Hog
22-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Yes that was my first thought, but if you keep reading it over and over, your brain does this great thing by tricking you into thinking it might be positive. :)

my favourite post ever

Stellavista
22-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Certainly up there with Paul Stewart.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/01/16/00CE41ED00000190-3989272-image-a-17_1480611278170.jpg

bigend1
22-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Well to me it says his loan has finished, he's glad we stayed up and has thoroughly enjoyed his time here. No hints as to the future as that is very much unknown to everyone right now but whatever happens it's been great!

But... putting on my bbs over analysing glasses it can only mean one of two things

Overly optimisc camp: HE'S SIGNED. Obviously it can be the only meaning. Paid part of the transfer fee himself to facilitate it is off to get a tattoo of the palace badge on his arse!

Overly pessimistic camp: mission accomplished?? Oh crap I knew it. He's secretly a Brighton fan. His mission was to get loaned to palace where he has talked our best players into leaving. Those that weren't interested have had tiny amounts of lead added to meals while they weren't looking and will slowly be getting sick as the next season starts and we'll get relegated at brightons expense. Obviously it can be the only meaning

Thefunkymonk
22-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Quite simply I don't think we'll pay the 30m.. so unless Liverpool lower their demands then I'd imagine it is a goodbye

Kai
22-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Quite simply I don't think we'll pay the 30m.. so unless Liverpool lower their demands then I'd imagine it is a goodbye

No one's worth 30 million and Liverpool won't be getting that. After his success with us of course they'd like more than they wanted in January but the injury might be bringing the priceback down again.

I can see us offering in the region of 20-23 million possibly with incentives.

Thefunkymonk
22-05-2017, 05:38 PM
No one's worth 30 million and Liverpool won't be getting that. After his success with us of course they'd like more than they wanted in January but the injury might be bringing the priceback down again.

I can see us offering in the region of 20-23 million possibly with incentives.

I agree.. but as we seen with Benteke they play hardball... and we won't hang around imo

exiledeagle
22-05-2017, 05:46 PM

We need so many players , there is no way we can spend so much on one player . Hope SA has some gems on his radar .

swhib
22-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Give Liverpool 20million for him and if we stay up, give them another 10. I'm sure they'll go for it.

16eagles
22-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Give Liverpool 20million for him and if we stay up, give them another 10. I'm sure they'll go for it.

Losing 1 million on something they can't control, not happening these fees are normally 1-2 million at best.

Zohar's Penalty
22-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Loan him again for a massive 10 million loan fee and agree to pay them 20mil further if we stay up again. That way we spread the fee across 3 windows, they get the player off their books and the chance to sell him to somebody else if we go down with 10 mil in the bank already. It's a win win situation (except for us if we go down, but we won't).

16eagles
22-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Good and better thinking but think Klopp will just want rid and money towards sighnings

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Certainly up there with Paul Stewart.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/01/16/00CE41ED00000190-3989272-image-a-17_1480611278170.jpg

Let's be realistic with Stewart. He was good, showed some quality and helped us get over the line but we had been up in an automatic promotion position virtually all season. He had nowhere near the impact that Sakho (or Ashley Cole) did.

Jim Cannon
22-05-2017, 08:22 PM
No one's worth 30 million.

Most people on here value Zaha at considerably more than that for a start.....

alexcpfc
22-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Let's be realistic with Stewart. He was good, showed some quality and helped us get over the line but we had been up in an automatic promotion position virtually all season. He had nowhere near the impact that Sakho (or Ashley Cole) did.

Paul Stewart had a massive impact. He was immense for us and was big part of why we won the league that season. We may have struggled to go up automatically without him.

To this day I believe if we had signed him permanently we would never have gone down.

He is up there with our best loan signings.

PHIL BARBER
22-05-2017, 08:40 PM

That's because you weren't there he was awesome ... we stuttered and he certainly was a big contributor in getting us over the line.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-05-2017, 08:54 PM
That's because you weren't there he was awesome ... we stuttered and he certainly was a big contributor in getting us over the line.

Errr... yes, I was. He was good, he had an impact. But he didn't turn us around or change things in anything like the same way or to anything like the same extent.

JAS78
22-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Errr... yes, I was. He was good, he had an impact. But he didn't turn us around or change things in anything like the same way or to anything like the same extent.

Still should have been our first signing after promotion, unfortunately Andy Preece was a lot cheaper.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Paul Stewart had a massive impact. He was immense for us and was big part of why we won the league that season. We may have struggled to go up automatically without him.

To this day I believe if we had signed him permanently we would never have gone down.

He is up there with our best loan signings.

He is a contender but like I say, he didn't have such a huge impact on our results as Sakho. I certainly agree we should have signed him permanently though. Or if we had signed Dowie that summer.

orp pisshead1
22-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Most people on here value Zaha at considerably more than that for a start.....

I don't think we do really mate but if you look at current going rate then he's worth far more than that really. Why should we sell ourselfs short when others don't.

orp pisshead1
22-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Still should have been our first signing after promotion, unfortunately Andy Preece was a lot cheaper.

And wasn't he a big Pal of Chris Armstrong iircc.

Windsor_Eagle
22-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Sahko's FB post doesn't mean anything re: transfer. His loan is done and he is back at L'pool and is making public his farewell's.

However, it is clear that he loved his time here and has taken the club into his heart. That can only be a positive.

audreytatou
22-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Sahko's FB post doesn't mean anything re: transfer. His loan is done and he is back at L'pool and is making public his farewell's.

However, it is clear that he loved his time here and has taken the club into his heart. That can only be a positive.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but if you see the Luka interview on the official site, post Hull, just about at the end you can see a very happy hobbling past Mamma who looks as though he's having a good time with the players and families... made me smile and made me clutch at those proverbial straws again.

TheCharmer1
23-05-2017, 02:19 AM

Paul Stewart ?

johnnybacaro
23-05-2017, 02:43 AM
gents,

i dont see this wrapping up before August. Can't see anyone spending significantly on big Mama without a full medical which isnt possible until he fully recovers.

ForzaPalace
23-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Linked with Lyon now

andyocpfc
23-05-2017, 08:30 AM
"I have spoken to him and have asked him to stay," Benteke told The Evening Standard. "It is a good team. Obviously with him we can achieve some good things. It is up to him and the chairman.

"I just said to stay. Because he is enjoying life in London. And also for his daughter, they can live in a nice city like London and it is not far from Paris. I know it is not going to be easy but anything can happen.

"The plan now is to move on and look forward. Obviously the manager and the chairman know we need some new faces. We have to look forward to doing better next season."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/christian-benteke-pleads-liverpool-outcast-mamadou-sakho-stay-crystal-palace-1622832

red&blue_moomin
23-05-2017, 11:46 AM

I agree sadly, there are several players to be replaced and improved upon and I can't see us spending the total outlay of 70-80M that we spend this season again.

Liverpool are going to play hardball and maximise the money they get for him they've had their trousers pulled down over multiple transfers and it's noticable how much more hard nosed they've become about this.

red&blue_moomin
23-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Loan him again for a massive 10 million loan fee and agree to pay them 20mil further if we stay up again. That way we spread the fee across 3 windows, they get the player off their books and the chance to sell him to somebody else if we go down with 10 mil in the bank already. It's a win win situation (except for us if we go down, but we won't).

Except they want a 50M rated CB from Southampton why are they going to give us such special treatment at their own expense and mess up their own badly needed transfer?

swissroll
23-05-2017, 11:56 AM
gents,

i dont see this wrapping up before August. Can't see anyone spending significantly on big Mama without a full medical which isnt possible until he fully recovers.

For sure, no insurer will cover him until he's fit again

andyocpfc
23-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Didn't we signs Lee when he had a broken leg?

swissroll
23-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Didn't we signs Lee when he had a broken leg?

Not sure but he cost us half a mill with add-ons...30 mill makes the risk a little worse

BillyTKid
23-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Linked with Lyon now

I'd be very surprised if they have the budget for this size of deal.

Stavros 69
23-05-2017, 01:35 PM
I just cant see us spending 30m on Sakho when we can get the likes of Mbodji for half the price and lower wages.
Just don't think we're there yet as a club.
Wilf is probably the exception on wages 100k+
Benteke speaks for himself and top strikers are in fewer supply.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Paul Stewart ?
I don't mean to get at you personally but sometimes I don't see the point of discussions on threads when people seem to ignore what is already being discussed on the previous posts/ pages.

4 cryingOutloud
23-05-2017, 03:05 PM

You're not an accountant are you? NO! I didn't think so.

swissroll
23-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Liverpool know they can probably get a bigger fee for him from us than from anyone else. His Liverpool record was poor and Klopp branded him trouble. Other clubs will consider that. We only see him as a Palace hero based on 8 magnificent games, where he was huge influence on keeping us up.

We are over the barrel on this one, not confidant we can pull it off unless our American friends stump up yet another big wad of cash (which they might…)

Thefunkymonk
23-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Well.. I heard earlier that we were making progress with this..

Now alladyce is gone.. I'd imagine he'll have doubts now

Jon_C-Pal
23-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Tbf if he looks at us over th3 last few years we look like a ******* circus, probably best for him to stay away.

Stellavista
23-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Lyon?

Velocity
23-05-2017, 04:56 PM
I'd be very surprised if they have the budget for this size of deal.

lol, what? They are about to sell Lacazette for big money, they made the Europa Quarters, and will most likely be in that competition next year too.

jamescav0
23-05-2017, 08:15 PM
lol, what? They are about to sell Lacazette for big money, they made the Europa Quarters, and will most likely be in that competition next year too.

Doesn't mean they can match a 30m fee and 110k wages. Premier league money is way above anyone else, we're much richer then the rest of europe

theCoach
23-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Trying to get someone of the pedigree of cabaye and benteke and sakho to the club ain't easy and one has to pay a premium no less than clubs like arsenal in the Europa league attracting world class players deserving of champions league.
Sakho appears keen to come.pay up probably at the expense of other reinforcement s. He has proven to make a difference.if we managed to keep everyone and just signed him and first choice goalkeeper it would still be a decent squad capable of a higher finish than this season

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-05-2017, 11:07 PM
I reckon we should get Wagner in as manager so he can pull a few strings with Klopp and voila!

We could always sack Wagner once a deal is done and replace with the bloke we really want (if it isn't him anyway).

Mr Palace
24-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Trying to get someone of the pedigree of cabaye and benteke and sakho to the club ain't easy and one has to pay a premium no less than clubs like arsenal in the Europa league attracting world class players deserving of champions league.
Sakho appears keen to come.pay up probably at the expense of other reinforcement s. He has proven to make a difference.if we managed to keep everyone and just signed him and first choice goalkeeper it would still be a decent squad capable of a higher finish than this season

Not without another striker and attacking midfielder.

PeterH
24-05-2017, 08:04 PM
No chance now that Sam has gone. SP probably relieved not having to fork out 25m now to keep SA happy.

in-exile
24-05-2017, 08:06 PM
No chance now that Sam has gone. SP probably relieved not having to fork out 25m now to keep SA happy. Probably buy a CB from Millwall now for 2.50.

palacemetros
24-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Probably buy a CB from Millwall now for 2.50.

I'd want change!

mean
24-05-2017, 08:11 PM
No chance now that Sam has gone. SP probably relieved not having to fork out 25m now to keep SA happy.

Yeah, also as a fan he'll be relieved not to have a top centre back in the side to stop our defence looking like a leaky bucket!! What?!?

FMH57
25-05-2017, 08:25 AM

Seeing as Sakho himself said the person that impressed him the most and convinced him to join in January was Parish, I doubt this is the case.

Sir.S.C Remembered
25-05-2017, 08:31 AM
I see some people mentioning Wagner over Dyce. This is strange. Dyce has got an equally (if not more) underinvested squad up automatically twice from that league and kept them up 1 of the 2 times too. I know he signed 1 big money striker but he's done it on a hell of a reasonable budget considering the likes of Villa and others spend over 10m on a few players in that league.