PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Tom Cairney (sp)?

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Not seen this lad but all i hear/read are rave reviews meant to be a top draw passer. If Fulham fail to make PL for those of you that have seen him is he worth a punt ?.

tsunamiman
16-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Not for £20million

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Is that how high Fulham value him? And somewhere on here someone said Zaha has a £30 mill tag :supergrin::supergrin:

BringbackShipps
16-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Won't go for that despite what Fulham say IMO, I'd think between 12 and 14 with a few add-ons would be about right if they don't make it up and he wants to go, that seems to be about the going rate for a top end Championship player these days looking at the Hendrick and Brady fees.

Good age, good technique, 6 foot plus, captaining Fulham, great goal/assist return from midfield this year...worth some consideration for me.

Martin H
16-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Whenever I have seen him he strikes me as a player with good pedigree and a touch of class but more of a player that comes into his own when the team is on top more than a player that is going to ensure you are on top - if that makes sense. More like the icing on a cake. But I have only seen him a few times in the past 12 months and maybe he has matured - but it would have to have been quite a transformation for me to be keen.

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Won't go for that despite what Fulham say IMO, I'd think between 12 and 14 with a few add-ons would be about right if they don't make it up and he wants to go, that seems to be about the going rate for a top end Championship player these days looking at the Hendrick and Brady fees.

Good age, good technique, 6 foot plus, captaining Fulham, great goal/assist return from midfield this year...worth some consideration for me.

Thanks , have heard hes rated as the best in the championship and that's some accolade.

orp pisshead1
16-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Whenever I have seen him he strikes me as a player with good pedigree and a touch of class but more of a player that comes into his own when the team is on top more than a player that is going to ensure you are on top - if that makes sense. More like the icing on a cake. But I have only seen him a few times in the past 12 months and maybe he has matured - but it would have to have been quite a transformation for me to be keen.

Cheers:p maybe not for us then after all.

BringbackShipps
16-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Obligatory youtube vid here.

http://youtu.be/jYDqUmXdxKc

dannyboy1807
16-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Completely one footed would get found out in the Prem in my opinion

MFBias
16-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Its not hard to check a player's name on the internet if you are on the internet if you are worried about the spelling?

st albans
16-05-2017, 07:34 PM
not standing out in tonights game

ExiledStirling
16-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Its not hard to check a player's name on the internet if you are on the internet if you are worried about the spelling?
I would profer (sp) he was not worried a jot

Celestial Empire
16-05-2017, 07:39 PM

Sweet left foot, but ...
Championship defending ..... :o:o:o

Jono14
16-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Completely one footed would get found out in the Prem in my opinion

You mean like Sakho and Puncheon and Ward?

Martin H
16-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Cheers:p maybe not for us then after all.

Wouldn't rule him out based on anything I say because I have only seen him a few times as I said. But it is the way I have seen him to date. The other thing I would say is that his best work was as he drifted wide midfield and because we have 2 good wingers we could really do with someone that is more about getting into the box.

DARZET EAGLE
16-05-2017, 10:00 PM

Cairney looks quality as does young 16 year old Ryan Sessegnon featured on the next vid.

orp pisshead1
17-05-2017, 05:26 PM

:jerkit:

Had not long woke up( night shift worker) and was shattered as busy at work but hey you carry on being a ****:p

Billy Rhino
22-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Apparently having a great season, could be the playmaker we need?

CP-RJW
23-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Would they still ask for 20 million? If so, better off looking for cheaper talent abroad.

JackTheBiscuit
23-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Always liked him - think he can make the step up- but we’ve missed the boat in terms of looking for valie for money now

Palace121
23-03-2018, 05:05 PM
I remember watching him for Fulham against Spurs in the FA cup last year. They got battered but despite this, he was probably the best player on the pitch. He would be a great signing.

Billy Rhino
23-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Always liked him - think he can make the step up- but we’ve missed the boat in terms of looking for valie for money now

True, this really is why the club has needed to change its transfer policy for years now to try and find some raw talented players before their value rockets. Not saying it's easy and there will be failures along the way but we've got to stop paying top dollar for players.

As for Cairney anything north of £10m becomes a big gamble, scouts would really need to do their homework.

Woosie
23-03-2018, 06:59 PM
They want too much for him

herts_palace
23-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Seen a fair bit of Fulham and although he's quality on the ball he's also a bit ponderous on with it at times and he wouldn't be difficult to dispossess in the Premier League.