PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Free Transfers 2017

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 04:58 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1

Few players available without an extortionate fee to pay. Quite like that Kirchoff geezer. Did a good job for SA for Sunderland. With Ledley probably off I wonder if we'll be in for him on a free.

CharlieCPFC
18-05-2017, 05:52 AM
Cazorla will surely continue to play top end European Football.
Adrian may be worth a punt on a free.
Zabaleta would be a solid signing.
Kirchhoff or Leiva would be good backup to Luka.

There's options there definitely. Moreso considering we have a lot of rebuilding to do, so it'll be an expensive summer for us.

Lee B
18-05-2017, 06:07 AM
I think it's nigh on definite that Sam will have a go at getting Kirchhoff and Adrian. Adam and Larson wouldn't be bad shouts. The dream signing there would be Yaya but absolutely no chance of that happening.

I expect the brilliant Cazorla to stay at the Arse. Rumour has it Zabaletta's going to West Ham.

Anichebe, Kone, and the lunatic Ireland may be left field squad signings if we're getting desperate. Then again having Anichebe and Connor in the same squad feels like we'd be asking for trouble...

adrenalin john
18-05-2017, 06:11 AM
SA No go for Sanogo?

TheCharmer1
18-05-2017, 06:11 AM
carrick and adrian must be on the radar

adrenalin john
18-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Obviously the player that would make the difference for us is Cazorla. Won't happen though.

Oxlade Chamberlain sounds like he is off. Would love him to come to Palace but expect he is Scouse bound if he leaves the Arse

cpfcfan1
18-05-2017, 06:20 AM
Fraizer Campbell and Zeki Fryers

aashman12
18-05-2017, 06:30 AM

Few players available without an extortionate fee to pay. Quite like that Kirchoff geezer. Did a good job for SA for Sunderland. With Ledley probably off I wonder if we'll be in for him on a free.

Kirchoff has a terrible injury record, 2 of which have kept him out for almost the whole season.

Billy Rhino
18-05-2017, 07:13 AM
Who is the best right back, Sagna or Zabaleta? I'd probably say Zabaleta but honestly dont know as haven't really watched much of them, although remember Sagna being very good a few years ago.

18-05-2017, 07:22 AM
Kirchoff has a terrible injury record, 2 of which have kept him out for almost the whole season.

pay-as-you-play contract then :)

chelmsfordeagle
18-05-2017, 08:49 AM
With who with have, what we need and the players available, and what they would cost in wages, plus their age i don't think we should go after any of these free transfers.

jamescav0
18-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Toure anyone?

BringbackShipps
18-05-2017, 09:11 AM
carrick and adrian must be on the radar

You'd think Adrian will be high on the list to replace Mandanda if the budgets are a bit stretched, anyone know much about him? Had a good start there if I remember rightly but whenever I've seen them they've played Randolph this season.

evvo111
18-05-2017, 09:39 AM

Interesting stuff. Is this the official market value or the amount guessed by the owners of the site?

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Interesting stuff. Is this the official market value or the amount guessed by the owners of the site?

I think it's a guess mate. Transfer fees are even more inflated than wages these days. I guess we've all bought into it though.

Repo Man
18-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Adam into replace Ledley, and Adrian to replace Speroni, but can't see us getting any of those players on that list to be honest, they're either too old or would want too much money.

richdeniro
18-05-2017, 10:14 AM
With who with have, what we need and the players available, and what they would cost in wages, plus their age i don't think we should go after any of these free transfers.

I agree. They're all going to want close to the 100k a week mark over a 2-3 years at least.

andyocpfc
18-05-2017, 10:21 AM
What an interesting list of players. Surprised some of them were allowed to get to the end of their contracts without selling first. Especially Toure - would have thought he would still command a hefty fee with one year left for instance on his contract.

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 12:24 PM
What an interesting list of players. Surprised some of them were allowed to get to the end of their contracts without selling first. Especially Toure - would have thought he would still command a hefty fee with one year left for instance on his contract.

I think the fact Man City were paying him 430 (four hundred and thirty) thousand pounds per week might have something to do with it :)

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 12:28 PM

Good player when fit though.

evvo111
18-05-2017, 12:29 PM
I think it's a guess mate. Transfer fees are even more inflated than wages these days. I guess we've all bought into it though.

I was wondering if we could do a special deal to get a few of them in at the same time, a sort of KFC bargain bucket of players. :)

Terrace Bickle
18-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Fit about as much as Remy according to Sunderland fans.

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 12:38 PM
But he never is, last thing we need is another sick note: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jan-kirchhoff/verletzungen/spieler/49734

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 12:53 PM
But he never is, last thing we need is another sick note: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jan-kirchhoff/verletzungen/spieler/49734

I bet Allardyce is in for him. Palace love signing mendable players on free transfers. Granted they dont always mend though.

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 12:55 PM
I was wondering if we could do a special deal to get a few of them in at the same time, a sort of KFC bargain bucket of players. :)

You could probably sign a whole new team of freebies. Hennessey would still be in goal :)

Chris K
18-05-2017, 01:06 PM
If Cabaye goes then Cazorla would be an excellent swap. Albeit unlikely

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Adam into replace Ledley, and Adrian to replace Speroni, but can't see us getting any of those players on that list to be honest, they're either too old or would want too much money.

Speroni recently signed new 1 yr deal so he won't be replacing him.

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 01:48 PM
I bet Allardyce is in for him. Palace love signing mendable players on free transfers. Granted they dont always mend though.

Hope not would be total waste of funds wages wise as his injury record is shocking. I think SA and Parish are going to be canny this summer and get in quality over quantity and could be reason why SA has already said he'll be looking at the youngsters pre season.

evvo111
18-05-2017, 01:53 PM
You could probably sign a whole new team of freebies. Hennessey would still be in goal :)

I like the Liverpool/Huddersfield keeper, Danny Ward. He's Welsh so no doubt some dipsticks on here will say I'm biased. Won't explain why I also like Heaton and the Reading keeper unless my heritage is English and Omani.

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Hope not would be total waste of funds wages wise as his injury record is shocking. I think SA and Parish are going to be canny this summer and get in quality over quantity and could be reason why SA has already said he'll be looking at the youngsters pre season.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this summer. Personally I cant see how he will be able to replace all the out of contract players without getting the odd freebie, but time will tell I suppose. He did a great job for Allardyce before.

jimmy the gent
18-05-2017, 01:57 PM
After Rhys Wilmott and Wayne Hennessey, third time lucky?

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 01:58 PM
I like the Liverpool/Huddersfield keeper, Danny Ward. He's Welsh so no doubt some dipsticks on here will say I'm biased. Won't explain why I also like Heaton and the Reading keeper unless my heritage is English and Omani.
You're biased :)

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 01:59 PM

:)

Hope we do sign a few youngsters as well.

evvo111
18-05-2017, 02:03 PM
You're biased :)

You guessed it. I'm very mixed heritage. English, Welsh, Omani, Irish, French, Belgian but mostly Ivorian. I am truly a man of the Palace world :)

evvo111
18-05-2017, 02:04 PM

It would make a nice change. Will the other Benteke break through this season?

orp pisshead1
18-05-2017, 02:09 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens this summer. Personally I cant see how he will be able to replace all the out of contract players without getting the odd freebie, but time will tell I suppose. He did a great job for Allardyce before.

Not disputing that mate it's just whether he'll stay fit enough to be of use. Remy was total waste of around 5 mill ( loan fee and wages) this season. At least he'd be on a free but a waste of a wage if constantly injured.

DARZET EAGLE
18-05-2017, 02:10 PM

The two I like, Tom Cairney and Abrahams at Chelsea will cost loads of money.

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 02:10 PM
It would make a nice change. Will the other Benteke break through this season?

To escape you mean? :) He might be a late bloomer eh.

evvo111
18-05-2017, 02:19 PM
To escape you mean? :) He might be a late bloomer eh.

Very, very late. Perhaps we could flog him to the Weed as just Benteke, they'd never notice until it was too late.

Billy Rhino
18-05-2017, 02:53 PM

It really is about we started looking at young, unknown players on relatively cheap wages to complete our squad instead of keep signing expensive short term solutions all the time, a lot of who are either injury prone or past it.

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 03:12 PM
It really is about we started looking at young, unknown players on relatively cheap wages to complete our squad instead of keep signing expensive short term solutions all the time, a lot of who are either injury prone or past it.

Isnt Kirchoff 26? Agree with your general point though.

Old Bill
18-05-2017, 03:17 PM
It's tricky. Old, experienced players are expensive, and they get older and slower in mind and body every year. Young, unknown players are much cheaper, but quite often they turn out not to be up to it. Lee is a case in point. He's a fine player, but nevertheless hasn't made it in the Premier League. Maybe he could do if given a run of starts, but that would be taking quite a risk.

CP-RJW
18-05-2017, 03:26 PM
It's tricky. Old, experienced players are expensive, and they get older and slower in mind and body every year. Young, unknown players are much cheaper, but quite often they turn out not to be up to it. Lee is a case in point. He's a fine player, but nevertheless hasn't made it in the Premier League. Maybe he could do if given a run of starts, but that would be taking quite a risk.
Lee wasn't a young, unknown player, he had several years of Prem experience with Bolton and was their player of the season once.

4 cryingOutloud
18-05-2017, 04:54 PM

I see Yaya Sanogo is on that list. :supergrin:

4 cryingOutloud
18-05-2017, 04:56 PM
pay-as-you-play contract then :)

I keep seeing this suggestion, but who takes that sort of contract in the premiership? Nobody I can think of.

palacemetros
18-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Toure anyone?

Not for me thanks. No problem with his quality but he would cost an arm and a leg in wages.

100% Palace
18-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Not for me thanks. No problem with his quality but he would cost an arm and a leg in wages.
Don't forget the birthday card, cake and party too

gold76
18-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Surely it's our last chance to see George Boyd in red and blue

Dobbo
18-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Surely it's our last chance to see George Boyd in red and blue

Doubt Barca will be in for him though...........

Maidstoned Eagle
18-05-2017, 05:44 PM
You guessed it. I'm very mixed heritage. English, Welsh, Omani, Irish, French, Belgian but mostly Ivorian. I am truly a man of the Palace world :)

Very confused too, no doubt.

Maidstoned Eagle
18-05-2017, 05:44 PM
I keep seeing this suggestion, but who takes that sort of contract in the premiership? Nobody I can think of.

Darren Anderton at Portsmouth.

evvo111
18-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Very confused too, no doubt.

Confused doesn't cover it, isn't it now, to be sure, effendi.

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 07:33 PM

Maybe for a while :)

adrenalin john
18-05-2017, 07:50 PM
I think the fact Man City were paying him 430 (four hundred and thirty) thousand pounds per week might have something to do with it :)

No wonder they can't afford a birthday cake as well

elgin eagle
18-05-2017, 08:29 PM
No wonder they can't afford a birthday cake as well

Innit :eek:

As nice as it would be to have him smashing in goals for us rather than against us, i'm not sure we could afford the 20 million per annum commitment on his wages each season.

adrenalin john
18-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Whether Toure stays or go it does seem that Man City will have a clear out this summer and there could be a few interesting players available

dilem
18-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Kirchoff woukd be good

Maidstoned Eagle
18-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Confused doesn't cover it, isn't it now, to be sure, effendi.

Begorrah

jimmy the gent
18-05-2017, 11:14 PM
You guessed it. I'm very mixed heritage. English, Welsh... but mostly Ivorian

Ivorian The Engine?

evvo111
19-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Ivorian The Engine?

elgin eagle
30-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Happy free transfer day. Hope we are in for a Kirchoff. Probably more likely under SA than FDB though I guess. Maybe he knows of a Dutch Johan Cruyff going for nothing. Is Mutch offski today? I'm guessing we'll release a few. Good luck to them all.

gold76
30-06-2017, 05:49 AM
I'm keen to know were palace fan George Boyd goes, tidy free for someone

Far East Eagle
30-06-2017, 05:57 AM
Happy free transfer day. Hope we are in for a Kirchoff. Probably more likely under SA than FDB though I guess. Maybe he knows of a Dutch Johan Cruyff going for nothing. Is Mutch offski today? I'm guessing we'll release a few. Good luck to them all.

Happy Free Transfer day to you too, Elgin! Its nice going into a pre-season with a manager in place and committed. Last time was with Holloway, I'm feeling much more confident in FDB's ability to bag a brilliant free transfer than Ian's

Terrace Bickle
30-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Kirchoff woukd be good
Kirchoff would fall apart before we got him to the training ground.

elgin eagle
30-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Happy Free Transfer day to you too, Elgin! Its nice going into a pre-season with a manager in place and committed. Last time was with Holloway, I'm feeling much more confident in FDB's ability to bag a brilliant free transfer than Ian's

Absolutely mate. Just get the feeling that we have to use a freebie or two this time having spent so much in January. Kirchoff would be a risk given his injury record, but he does at least have time on his side, being only 26.

GreatGonzo
30-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Absolutely mate. Just get the feeling that we have to use a freebie or two this time having spent so much in January. Kirchoff would be a risk given his injury record, but he does at least have time on his side, being only 26.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

It's the Palace way!

Richwak
30-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Surprised no one has picked up Jesus Navas, imagine he will go back to Spain, probably Sevilla. Not the most talented with the ball at his feet but terrifies defenders with that pace.

Palaceborn
01-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Even though i would doubt Pardew's ability at times, but we had a pre-season with him when he tried to change the style.

Not sure on the European free market, but the only one I would take right now is Kone. Smply because we only have 2 strikers right now and we need someone like Campbell to have in the background

Sir.S.C Remembered
08-07-2017, 03:30 PM

You laugh but FDB did sign him on loan. After we had loaned him too.

Might slow down those who assume FDB has a perfect eye for talent ;)

CharlieCPFC
08-07-2017, 03:53 PM
You laugh but FDB did sign him on loan. After we had loaned him too.

Might slow down those who assume FDB has a perfect eye for talent ;)

The same FDB who signed Milik for 3M then sold him for 32M a season later.

Sir.S.C Remembered
11-07-2017, 03:46 PM
The same FDB who signed Milik for 3M then sold him for 32M a season later.

Indeed you win some and lose some. I'm all for some optimism, but people seem to be getting carried away.

elgin eagle
11-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Surprised no one has picked up Jesus Navas, imagine he will go back to Spain, probably Sevilla. Not the most talented with the ball at his feet but terrifies defenders with that pace.

That pace is on the wane at 31 though. Plus he's on 90k a week. Think Newcastle want him.

aj4england
11-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Ryan Shawcross going in to the last year of his contract? Wouldn't mind seeing a bid for him. Can imagine a 5-7m bid would test Stokes resolve. Granted not a superstar but similar to a Tomkins model, that premiership experienced big defenders sometimes can move round quite easily. Also noticeable how old West Broms squad is with Brunt, Yacob, Dawson, Ollson, Morrison etc

CharlieCPFC
11-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Ryan Shawcross going in to the last year of his contract? Wouldn't mind seeing a bid for him. Can imagine a 5-7m bid would test Stokes resolve. Granted not a superstar but similar to a Tomkins model, that premiership experienced big defenders sometimes can move round quite easily. Also noticeable how old West Broms squad is with Brunt, Yacob, Dawson, Ollson, Morrison etc

No better than Scott Dann, in fact I think Dann is the better player.

Shawcross has been heavily exposed since Huth left Stoke.

Chris K
11-07-2017, 05:04 PM
The abuse we gave him at home two seasons ago probably wouldn't help negotiations to be fair

Harry Bassett
11-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Ryan Shawcross let him rejoin Pulis , a shirt grapping mauling wrestler means a no from me.

GreatGonzo
11-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Could always offer Stoke some add-one if he ever plays for England.

SilentAssassin
21-08-2017, 11:52 AM
As bleak as it may seem. Are we likely to be heading down the route of looking at free transfers again?

Are there even any out there that can add anything to to the squad other than making up the numbers?

We haven't seemed to have much luck either with Flamini and Adebayor either. More or less pissed away wages that could have been used elsewhere or given a youth team player a chance to step up.

Crystal Glitter
21-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Ibrahimovic, wages could be an issue.;)

RisZero
21-08-2017, 11:58 AM
While we are at it, is it too late to make RLC/TFM permanent signings and use a loan elsewhere? :D

GB2506
21-08-2017, 12:10 PM
While we are at it, is it too late to make RLC/TFM permanent signings and use a loan elsewhere? :D

No chance either club will sell. Both Conte and Mourinho rate them highly.

gold76
21-08-2017, 06:15 PM
I know a veteran now, but Sagna for me south be worth a 12 month deal imvho