PDA

View Full Version : Jermain Defoe and Bradley Lowery

PeckhamSpring
19-05-2017, 07:30 PM
As some of you may have seen its that little soldier Bradley's birthday today and jermain defoe made an appearance at his party. Defoe really has gone up in a my estimations as a human being a real role model. No attitude no asking for money for his guest appearances he does it just for little Bradley's cause and raises money for his treatment. Whenever I see them 2 together I get a bit of a lump in my throat. Reminds me of being young and having idols and despite all the attitudes and cash in football there are still some great role models in there for youngsters to look up to.

Latvian Eagle
19-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Defoe used to be a bit of a knob head. But he has really matured the last few years.

SeanPalace84
19-05-2017, 07:43 PM
I used to think he was a bit of a prat. My missus went to a club a few years ago and met him, said he was an arrogant twat which matched what some said about him.

Looks like he's matured though and good on him. Poor little Bradley, great to see he has the support of so many.

PeckhamSpring
19-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Defoe used to be a bit of a knob head. But he has really matured the last few years.

In fairness most footballers walk into cash and stardom to young it's if they grow out of it that counts.

Worksop Palace
20-05-2017, 06:53 AM

He's 34 mate, not 19

Yoda
20-05-2017, 07:08 AM
In fairness most footballers walk into cash and stardom to young it's if they grow out of it that counts.

Very true.

A friend knows Jason Puncheon and says he's much more mature and better company now than he was 10 years ago.

orp pisshead1
20-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Really feel for Defoe with this brave young lad as you just know it's going to hit him hard later.

orp pisshead1
20-05-2017, 09:48 AM

Well said:p

jimmy the gent
20-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Very true.

A friend knows Jason Puncheon and says he's much more mature and better company now than he was 10 years ago.

You could say the same for any 30 year old to be fair!

Oisin
21-05-2017, 05:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Defoe and Punch would say that about themselves.

PhuketEagle
21-05-2017, 05:53 AM
A friend suggested on Facebook that Bradley should be allowed to present Chelsea with the Champions' trophy today. Think that's a great idea - why not? Would make a lot of people happy.

Palace121
21-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Defoe always comes across pretty well now but surely most people (even 19 year old arrogant twats) would have some sympathy for this poor lad and maybe show some charity. Especially when the little man idolises you.

CommercialStone
21-05-2017, 11:29 AM
It's so sad to see the boy going through this. Hopefully his legacy can be to raise some serious money to find some more successful treatment. Defoe has been brilliant with the boy

henryhallandhisbasque
21-05-2017, 11:44 AM
I think he's a courageous little boy going through something no child should have to experience. Despite being so ill, he can still smile and be loving to others. No bitterness shown, just the innocent affection of childhood.

I was no fan of Defoe prior to his involvement with the boy, but from what I've seen of them together in the media, he's doing a wonderful job with him and extremely giving of his time.

Professional footballers often get a bad press about how they spend their non-footballing days, but Defoe and also Mannone, prove how kind and giving they can be with them.

Il Padrino
03-06-2017, 05:31 PM
On Facebook Bradley's mother has written he has 'weeks to live' ��

biggus mickus
03-06-2017, 05:34 PM
How very sad.

Latvian Eagle
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM
:(

orp pisshead1
03-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Life is bollox at times, poor lad and family:(

Dingle
03-06-2017, 05:54 PM
:( My heart goes out to the brave little lad and his family. Life is so unfair sometimes.

thereichstuff
03-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Poor brave lad .

Il Padrino
07-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Rest in peace little Bradley

Latvian Eagle
07-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Poor kid. :( Rest in Peace Bradley.

Big Fella
The news I didnt want to hear. Such a brave lad. Rest in Peace little lad.

TC EAGLE
RIP Little one sincere condolences to his family.

andyocpfc
07-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Rest in peace little Bradley

Very sad :frown: RIP little lad.

I'm sure Defoe has had his critics over the years for one reason or another but he made that boy's dreams come true by just 'being his friend'. Sometimes money doesn't really matter and although he may demand lots to play or choose a different club to ours for what ever reason. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter and he will be in pieces now I'm sure, nearly as much as the parents. He didn't have to do the things he did, so fair play to him. We're all humans after all. Thoughts with his parents at this awful time. They're going through what all parents dread the most, outliving your children.

GanbareWashi
07-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Very sad. Surprised to hear that neuroblastoma affects about 100 kids every year. Hopefully his high profile relationship with Defoe will help raise a lot of money to help other kids with this disease.

RIP Bradley

karl.eldridge
07-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Life can be a right c*nt.

Bradley Lowery, little legend. RIP.

Palaceborn
07-07-2017, 03:08 PM
RIP Little dude, such a sad story. Hopefully brings more light to others with the illness as well

ForzaPalace
07-07-2017, 03:09 PM
So so sad. RIP Little man.

07-07-2017, 03:10 PM
RIP Bradley Lowery

biggus mickus
RIP. :(

ExiledStirling
Very sad. Have welled up at the news.

RIP.

PauLo
07-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Poor little guy :(

Jordan's Jacket
07-07-2017, 03:18 PM
life can be very cruel

Payney
07-07-2017, 03:20 PM
What a great little kid, So sad. RIP

eagleheath
07-07-2017, 03:25 PM
RIP Bradley. Such a brave little boy and an inspiration to us all.

Spiderman
07-07-2017, 03:30 PM

I'm sure Defoe has had his critics over the years for one reason or another but he made that boy's dreams come true by just 'being his friend'. Sometimes money doesn't really matter and although he may demand lots to play or choose a different club to ours for what ever reason. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter and he will be in pieces now I'm sure, nearly as much as the parents. He didn't have to do the things he did, so fair play to him. We're all humans after all. Thoughts with his parents at this awful time. They're going through what all parents dread the most, outliving your children.

Quite agree, he got very upset when asked about this, at press conference the other day. Should also spare a thought for Victor Mannonne who also visited Bradley on many occasions.
The only thing to take solace in is, that these people gave him the best time possible.
RIP Little Bradley what a brave soldier you were. Thoughts are with the family. Puts life into perspective doesn't it.

cpfcfan1
07-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Rip little man :(

Worksop Palace
07-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Puts a lot into perspective

RIP Bradley

Malarkey
07-07-2017, 03:35 PM
RIP Bradley :(

cantspell
07-07-2017, 03:35 PM
RIP little fella -

Windsor_Eagle
07-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Heartbreaking. I've a daughter the same age and a son not much younger.

I can't even....

Braders
07-07-2017, 03:41 PM
RIP Bradley

dartfordeagle
07-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Sleep tight little fella, so tragic for his parents. I can't begin to imagine what they must be going through, hopefully they can draw strength from what he achieved in his short life.

TopKnot
07-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Don't mind admitting I shed a tear or two after hearing this news. The news is full of kids dying but Bradley really got to me, maybe because I have a little guy about the same age as him.

So so sad and unfair, no one should have to go through such a slow and painful ordeal, let alone a 6 year old. I hope his family can eventually find some peace. And credit to Defoe and the others for making his final days a little bit less painful.

RIP Bradley, what a super brave little legend.

Optimistic Kev
07-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Amazing little boy.

RIP Bradley.

davematt
07-07-2017, 03:50 PM
My heart sunk when it came up on my phone and I had to step away from my desk. We all knew this was coming but you can't quite prepare yourself for it. I can't even begin to imagine how his family is feeling at this moment. I don't have children yet, but if I did, I know i'd be holding them that little bit tighter tonight. Bradley's story touched my heart as it did so many.

RIP Bradley. You were an inspiration, a fighter, and hero to so many. Sleep well little angel.

Ralph
07-07-2017, 04:14 PM
So sad and my heart goes out to his family. Reading this as I cradle my 6 day old little girl...can't even imagine this.

A big well done to Jermaine Defoe who was able to give so much to this boys short life. Will keep an eye out for the plans with the Bradley Lowery foundation and hope to support the good work they continue to do in his name.

CP-RJW
07-07-2017, 04:17 PM
The world just isn't fair, RIP Bradley :(

orp pisshead1
07-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Very good post mate, such sad sad news for all involved RIP Bradley and I hope your beloved Sunderland do you proud next season.

Selhurst300
07-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Very sad news.

greybot
07-07-2017, 04:37 PM
I shed a tear for Bradley today. Then a few more for the unimaginable pain other parents with a child on death row have to go through. Tragic doesn't even begin to describe it :sob:

Shipsisourking
07-07-2017, 04:41 PM
What a sad day, rip young man

Martin H
07-07-2017, 04:53 PM
This is one of those horrible moments that touches everyone because we can all relate in some way to the loss of this young lad. We can't feel the same pain which will be unbearable right now but we can imagine from a distance and that's bad enough.

The power of the media (good for once) and the football community enabled Bradley's light to shine brighter than most of us could ever dream and his character was conveyed by clips of video footage and critically Defoe's response to the youngster and the situation. The latter, for many, replacing some of the faith lost in footballers as the cash has piled in and TBH asking tough questions of many of his colleagues I am sure. Bradley crammed as much in as he could and credit to all involved that they allowed and encouraged him to do that.

The sad thing is that this happens every day somewhere with someone's child and perhaps Bradley's long term legacy will be to remind us all of that. The fact that we all respond to this the same way perhaps should give us some hope for the future and maybe remind us that we can agree on something. RIP Bradley - you will be long remembered.

sherrifbart
07-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Awful news.R.I.P.Little man.

henryhallandhisbasque
07-07-2017, 05:00 PM
A sweet, innocent child taken by this brute of a disease. Always a smile for people. Making the most of his moments. No bitterness shown, just enjoying meeting his footballing heroes, despite being so ill. Bitter and twisted old cynic that I am, his plight genuinely moved and upset me, and just hearing he's died, even more so. Jermain Defoe has been utterly brilliant with him. I simply cannot imagine how his parents must be feeling.

Percy Dalton
07-07-2017, 05:00 PM
RIP Bradley. Every sympathy to his family and all those close to him who have given him some very special times, especially Jermaine Defoe who has befriended the little guy and like Bradley's parents must be feeling his loss so much right now. My children have grown up although you never stop being a parent so you worry about them everyday now we are grandparent's we have little ones to worry about again, but would not change that for the world as they bring so much joy.

Dingle
07-07-2017, 05:04 PM
RIP brave little man. My thoughts are with his family at this time. I don't think I've ever been this affected by someone's passing who I didn't know. Genuinely choked up by the news.

Beneaglee
07-07-2017, 05:21 PM
RIP little man. You achieved and experienced more in 6 years then most in a lifetime.

hatter8142
07-07-2017, 05:23 PM
RIP brave little man. My thoughts are with his family at this time. I don't think I've ever been this affected by someone's passing who I didn't know. Genuinely choked up by the news.

The post I wanted to write but better than I could of, thank you. RIP Bradley xxx

Kai
07-07-2017, 05:28 PM
So sad. RIP

stevedb55
07-07-2017, 05:32 PM
So sorry to hear this news

CPFC.1990
07-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Absolutely heartbreaking.

God Bless!

newish eagle
07-07-2017, 07:34 PM
RIP - what an incredibly brave little boy.

smudgerseagles
07-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Desperately sad news - RIP little man with a big heart x

SE5eagle
07-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Rest in peace, little fella.

Purepalace
07-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Every now and then certain things happen that really put your own silly problems into perspective and this is one of them. No parent should ever outlive their child and Christ he was a brave little battler. There are no words...

SeanPalace84
07-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Every now and then certain things happen that really put your own silly problems into perspective and this is one of them. No parent should ever outlive their child and Christ he was a brave little battler. There are no words...

Can't say anymore than this.

RIP to the brave little man.

Anneseagles
07-07-2017, 08:25 PM
RIP. So sad.

kelsus24
07-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Just watched the piece on SSN and brought me to tears especially having two similar aged kids myself. Puts so much into perspective. As others have said you can't help but be touched by this. Tragic news.

R.I.P Bradley and condolences to his friends and family.

AJ's right boot
07-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Absolutely heart breaking. What a brave and special little person. RIP little man.

Popester
07-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Cannot imagine his parents pain. Just hope one day they can appreciate the love and laughter their little lad brought. He was infectious. Bradley fought hard and he faught with a smile. Beautiful boy.

Ogilvy
07-07-2017, 10:37 PM
So sad, but you did more in your short life than many of us will ever achieve, rest in peace little fella xxxxxxx

keltic eagle
07-07-2017, 10:56 PM
RIP wee man

Hedgehog
08-07-2017, 01:36 AM
I wonder if Jermain Defoe knew more about the situation a few days ago that made him really crack up during an interview... I did wonder at the time.

No matter, I think the young man really was taken to everyone's hearts, and you would have to be a very cold person indeed to not be saddened by his passing.

Transcended football and it's tribal mentality.

CPFC2010ANDON
08-07-2017, 01:49 AM
Can only reiterate what others have said.

Absolute special mention goes to Defoe, and on that note, all those who helped him live a dream.

Hart letting him lead England out.
Everton and Sunderland for what they did at their match.
Aintree for making him the 51st runner.

So many other things.

I also felt heart-broken today. Didn't know him, but felt I did with all the exposure.

RIP Bradley

JDawg
08-07-2017, 06:23 AM
So sad that such a brave and likeable kid is taken at such a young age. He seems to have touched everyone he came in contact with. There are no words other than hoping that his family and friends' efforts to push research into Neuroblastoma as Bradley's legacy bear fruit.

RIP little man You achieved a lot in six years and touched a lot of people. As you sing on the clip on the BBC site. Superman has nothing on you.

davech
08-07-2017, 09:17 AM
RIP Bradley. Brave little kid. Condolences to all the family. Totally heart-breaking.

And well played Jermaine Defoe for helping to bring a little happiness too.

henryhallandhisbasque
08-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Vito Mannone shouldn't be forgotten in the kindness and commitment shown to Bradley. His words from his Twitter account:-

"vito_mannone1I wished this day would never come.my heart is broken and I have no words but i want to remember your incredible smile and I am honoured that I met you and had the chance to spend fantastic moments with you little Bradley and your family.it is like losing one of my family and from today I will have someone more to make proud anytime I step onto a football pitch.i am sure god have a place for you up there where you can spend amazing moments playing football without suffering anymore.my prayers goes to all the family and people connected to @bradleysfight I will miss you forever kiddo ❤️ RIP"

waddoneagle
08-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Gutted, So sad, sleep well little geezer, RIP

JDawg
09-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Wrighty got it spot on. Ratings to the family for pushing Neurobaltoma research so others won't suffer what Bradley had to. The thing is that football came together for this one so will we remember him for the first game of the season?

Time to get the buckets out. Contribute to his legacy.

orp pisshead1
25-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Big well done to the Toffees who are going to play a testimonial/friendly in Bradley's honour and raise funds for his foundation/charity.
He was a mascot at goodison last season and he touched everyone at the club hence the game.

PauLo
25-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Aaaaaah, that's nice :)