PDA

View Full Version : Do we all wanna play Brighton in August.

leicester1
21-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Or are you not bothered?..................come on wake up away end......

CPFC since 1989
21-05-2017, 11:48 PM
1st game of the season please.

Oisin
22-05-2017, 03:35 AM
Either at the start, when they haven't quite understood what a hard season it will be and we can give them a dose of reality, or at the end, with a chance to send them down.

Bipe
22-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Newly promoted clubs tend to fluke a couple of decent results early doors (e.g. Hull won their first two games his season). I would prefer to avoid an August trip to the enormodome, I fear the intimidating atmosphere may be too much for our players to handle.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 05:54 AM
Early November , when they realise it isn't the walk in the park they believed it would be .

Selhurst Celtic
22-05-2017, 11:24 AM
In the winter. When it's dark & cold.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 12:18 PM
In the winter. When it's dark & cold.

They might get lost and end up in anerley again .

davech
22-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Early November , when they realise it isn't the walk in the park they believed it would be .

Bonfire Night. Then they could burn an effigy of the 'useless, tinpot Chris Hughton' and combine it with their End Of Season Party.

BaldEagle96
22-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Either at the start, when they haven't quite understood what a hard season it will be and we can give them a dose of reality, or at the end, with a chance to send them down.

Or both....

Del Fenner
22-05-2017, 01:57 PM
They will come out all guns blazing for the first few games. Much rather play them when the season is taking it's toll.

ONFG
22-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Bonfire Night. Then they could burn an effigy of the 'useless, tinpot Chris Hughton' and combine it with their End Of Season Party.

Rather a useless tinpot Hughton than an odious, morally bankrupt throwback like that cock juggling thundercunt Allardyce, the complete antithesis of CH. If CH is Obama, Allardyce is Trump.

http://www.northstandchat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82459

Big Gav
22-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Rather a useless tinpot Hughton than an odious, morally bankrupt throwback like that cock juggling thundercunt Allardyce, the complete antithesis of CH. If CH is Obama, Allardyce is Trump.

Really? CH didn't do that well the last time in the premiership did he. Whereas Allardyce has never been relegated. So what does that tell you Botty? It tells you someone is not very good when given the job at the top table.

justjuice
22-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Yes - their first home game please.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Mr nice guy will get found out , he can't cut it at this level .

smileysmith
22-05-2017, 03:27 PM
I wanna play them in April, and hopefully send them down ...

old git
22-05-2017, 03:30 PM
What does easy10 think of Hughton?

elgrande
22-05-2017, 03:33 PM

That has got to be the most nauseating picture I have ever seen.......

mpfn
22-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Yes - their first home game please.

Would be nice to do the double, first defeat at the Amex, and first home defeat in the PL

mpfn
22-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Really? CH didn't do that well the last time in the premiership did he. Whereas Allardyce has never been relegated. So what does that tell you Botty? It tells you someone is not very good when given the job at the top table.

Is Barber checking out the hyperdermic needle wedged in Chrissy boy's footwear ?

Selhurst Celtic
22-05-2017, 04:19 PM

He's 50/50 on him I reckon.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
22-05-2017, 04:26 PM

Now now Botty calm down luv

eagle mart
22-05-2017, 04:27 PM
He's 50/50 on him I reckon.

He probably will claim that he's more white than black so it's not really a question he'll need to answer.

ONFG
22-05-2017, 04:30 PM

Sorry SJ, you already know well my feelings on Sam Odious-dyce.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 04:30 PM

I think bottys getting abit narky :)

SJ'sLoveMonkey
22-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Sorry SJ, you already know well my feelings on Sam Odious-dyce.

Like him or loathe him he gets the job done, I'm sure he's not everybody's cup of tea but I can't think of many managers who would have turned us around after the shambles that was Pardew

Wibble Wobble
22-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Hates his dad, his mum's ok though, apart from her choice of husband.

ONFG
22-05-2017, 04:40 PM
I think bottys getting abit narky :)

:p better login as whp to calm down I think.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Like him or loathe him he gets the job done, I'm sure he's not everybody's cup of tea but I can't think of many managers who would have turned us around after the shambles that was Pardew

Not classy enough for the weeds .

ONFG
22-05-2017, 04:41 PM

Can't argue with that.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 04:41 PM

You'll slip up one day botty :p

ONFG
22-05-2017, 04:47 PM
You'll slip up one day botty :p

:supergrin:

eagle mart
22-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Not been a fan, but you cant argue with his methodology and constant results.

I will have zero tolerance for any of his closet baggage though.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
22-05-2017, 05:38 PM
It would perhaps be a bit much for their squad to handle if everyone played them in August, but as I'm sure they'll remind us, their amazing attendances will probably generate enough income to buy the players required to undertake such a task.

Any shortfall to be covered by a summer Rod Stewart concert at the Amex

Vince Hilaire's Afro
22-05-2017, 05:39 PM

That's like Mr Hyde saying he's going to switch into his Sweeney Todd costume

ONFG
22-05-2017, 06:35 PM
That's like Mr Hyde saying he's going to switch into his Sweeney Todd costume

And we used to get on so well.

thereichstuff
22-05-2017, 08:15 PM
And we used to get on so well.

Well we never know what botty will log on .

maestro
22-05-2017, 08:37 PM
You dont want to play newly promoted too early, you want them to take a few beatings first

wehatepalace
23-05-2017, 08:51 PM

Rather no job, than wasting any more time perpetually trying to polish a turd :moo2:

bestperch
04-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Any shortfall to be covered by a summer Rod Stewart concert at the Amex[/QUOTE]

Peppa pig unavailable ?:sob:

RazorsEdge
04-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Any shortfall to be covered by a summer Rod Stewart concert at the Amex

Peppa pig unavailable ?:sob: [/QUOTE]

Handbags and Glad rags will be apt at Amex I would have thought :)

bestperch
04-06-2017, 12:41 PM

Handbags and Glad rags will be apt at Amex I would have thought :)[/QUOTE]

Very good point !

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-06-2017, 01:17 PM

I was under the impression that, yet again Peppa Pig had thrown her porcine weight around and commandeered the Amex for 9/10ths of the season, hence why Brighton had to play all their fixtures in one month.

They've come along way though, from having to move their Saturday fixtures due to the Sussex Uni Student Union tiddlywinks championships

dannyb1
04-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Getting back to L1's question I really don't care this season, I'd revel in the prospect of them (possibly) being relegated like I'm sure 6/10 palace fans will.

And I say that because I have been in the presence (briefly)
of 2 brighton fans on separate occasions with my palace shirt on (one being today at ford market) to which there was no light hearted jocking which I have done with brighton fans when I have been less obvious to spot just absolute nothing.

It just doesn't feel like the 5-0 season or the 1-3 and play offs to me.

CharlieCPFC
04-06-2017, 06:37 PM
I couldn't care less, a game towards the end of the season would be exciting to hopefully send them down.

Coastal Palace
04-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Or are you not bothered?..................come on wake up away end......

When I was a bit of a rogue I loved it when we played Brighton.
Home or away.
I can't imagine any Palace fan, young or old, not wanting to muller these wankers.
I brought my boy up hating them. I think it wasn't until he was 11 or thereabouts when I took him to his first Palace/Brighton match.
I only wish it a cup match we'll be meeting them in next season.
They don't deserve to be in our league.
Nevermind, it'll only be for 1 season.

matbha
04-06-2017, 09:56 PM
When I was a bit of a rogue I loved it when we played Brighton.
Home or away.
I can't imagine any Palace fan, young or old, not wanting to muller these wankers.
I brought my boy up hating them. I think it wasn't until he was 11 or thereabouts when I took him to his first Palace/Brighton match.
I only wish it a cup match we'll be meeting them in next season.
They don't deserve to be in our league.
Nevermind, it'll only be for 1 season.

We don't deserve to be in your league ?last season says we do :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Not strictly true though, is it?

According to the new BHAFC, clubs should not buy their way to promotion as the likes of Bournemouth, Cardiff and all those naughty parachute payment teams did.

In such a context, how could BHAFC's shamelessly bought, debt laden promotion be justified by the events of last season?

Coastal Palace
04-06-2017, 10:06 PM

You've never been in our league.
Class wise.

matbha
04-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Not strictly true though, is it?

According to the new BHAFC, clubs should not buy their way to promotion as the likes of Bournemouth, Cardiff and all those naughty parachute payment teams did.

In such a context, how could BHAFC's shamelessly bought, debt laden promotion be justified by the events of last season?

Within the rules of FFP so keep banging your chops ,when it comes to shameless debt admins ect .............

matbha
04-06-2017, 10:13 PM
You've never been in our league.
Class wise.

No your correct ,fighting your own players painting your bus hooded ultras who hate sky cash ,no were not in your class:p

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Within the rules of FFP so keep banging your chops ,when it comes to shameless debt admins ect .............

Who said anything about the actual rules governing football? You know, FFP... The rules governing CBAs when exiting administrations that mean CPFC2010 have fully complied with what was required of them, despite what Brigton fans claim....

...which brings us to the actual point (and I can't believe this is having to be pointed out again) but we're talking about the moral and ethical code of BHAFC and its supporters, which clearly states that all clubs should live within their means and anyone spending above a sustainable level is buying success in an unacceptable manner.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-06-2017, 10:16 PM
No your correct ,fighting your own players painting your bus hooded ultras who hate sky cash ,no were not in your class:p

Yes. Oh for such old school football passion at the Theatre of..... well, Theatre

Coastal Palace
04-06-2017, 10:23 PM

You left out our Henry Hughton.
:p

matbha
04-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Who said anything about the actual rules governing football? You know, FFP... The rules governing CBAs when exiting administrations that mean CPFC2010 have fully complied with what was required of them, despite what Brigton fans claim....

...which brings us to the actual point (and I can't believe this is having to be pointed out again) but we're talking about the moral and ethical code of BHAFC and its supporters, which clearly states that all clubs should live within their means and anyone spending above a sustainable level is buying success in an unacceptable manner.

Were living with in our means ,and now were on the prem gravy train the ground is paid for ,unlike you lot that have blown 400 plus million and have nothing to show for it ,in tony we trust

mpfn
05-06-2017, 05:07 AM
Were living with in our means ,and now were on the prem gravy train the ground is paid for ,unlike you lot that have blown 400 plus million and have nothing to show for it ,in tony we trust

Last season you spent 1 million more than your income ( 29 to 28 million) on wages.
Living within our means my arse :D

Coastal Palace
05-06-2017, 05:58 AM

Forget all the silly nonsense like 2p in the pound, St Johns Ambulance, local businesses and blah blah blah.
We're gonna beat you twice next season.
More if we get you in the cups.

Maiden Eagle
05-06-2017, 06:34 AM

Occasionally, I have to come on here to point out what a thick, one trick troll, pony you are:clown:

Living within your means ? You lose money hand over fist each year, despite your 'full houses' at the Amex and then get the begging bowl out to your owner - 'please sir, can we have some more ?'.

Yes, you will get 100mil for being in the Prem - Are you going to pay all of it back to Mr Bumble, I mean Bloom ? No, you will probably have to purchase some players (which will be more expensive now you are in the Prem) and increase your wage bill.

And as for us blowing 400mil ?? Fifth year in a row in the Prem, 3 wins each against Chelsea and L'Pool, unbeaten at Goodison Park, since returning to the Prem, players such as Zaha, Benteke, Townsend and Cabaye in our ranks plus a 25 mil odd profit on Bolaise. Yes, a total waste of time - I wish we were still in the C'Ship:rolleyes:

Just because we haven't got a poncey, identikit stadium, in the middle of nowhere, served by ONE small train station, with no decent pubs nearby.

leicester1
05-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Obviously living in the Midlands.....An early season trip to Brigh'on,Bournmouth or Newcastle will mean making a weekend of it ....so heres to hoping.:p

thereichstuff
05-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Obviously living in the Midlands.....An early season trip to Brigh'on,Bournmouth or Newcastle will mean making a weekend of it ....so heres to hoping.:p

You could finally have that pint with Londoner( spencer :D )

HurstpierPalace
05-06-2017, 11:05 AM
First game of the season for sure.

So excited to see Palace go up against European superclub, the first club in history to reach top flight status doing things 'the right way' and all round crusaders of morality Brighton.

Brightonian
05-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Hopefully we get you early, maybe September and your new manager has not got you off to a good start, so pressure is on the manager and the team.

Coastal Palace
05-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Martini.

Anytime
Any place
Anywhere.

matbha
05-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Forget all the silly nonsense like 2p in the pound, St Johns Ambulance, local businesses and blah blah blah.
We're gonna beat you twice next season.
More if we get you in the cups.

You may well do ,but this is football so anything can happen :)

matbha
05-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Occasionally, I have to come on here to point out what a thick, one trick troll, pony you are:clown:

Living within your means ? You lose money hand over fist each year, despite your 'full houses' at the Amex and then get the begging bowl out to your owner - 'please sir, can we have some more ?'.

Yes, you will get 100mil for being in the Prem - Are you going to pay all of it back to Mr Bumble, I mean Bloom ? No, you will probably have to purchase some players (which will be more expensive now you are in the Prem) and increase your wage bill.

And as for us blowing 400mil ?? Fifth year in a row in the Prem, 3 wins each against Chelsea and L'Pool, unbeaten at Goodison Park, since returning to the Prem, players such as Zaha, Benteke, Townsend and Cabaye in our ranks plus a 25 mil odd profit on Bolaise. Yes, a total waste of time - I wish we were still in the C'Ship:rolleyes:

Just because we haven't got a poncey, identikit stadium, in the middle of nowhere, served by ONE small train station, with no decent pubs nearby.

Pray you don't go down cos if you do your in big trouble ,you beat the best teams at the end of the season up to then you had the worst record in all 4 divisions and you lot were slagging the mentioned players off all season

leicester1
05-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Hopefully the game will be on a Saturday ...though I think we in Leicester may have more chance than Palace....had a fantastic day last time apart from the result,1-2 or 1-3 can't remember which....though I was busy pre match searching out the 2 Wetherspoons looking for our lot as I was canvassing to fill a coach for a European Beano.......took 45 names so that was pleasing,we obviously didn't realise at the time we'd have regular trips in Europe on the horizon.....then capped the day off meeting Palace friends in East Croydon.......just been reading on social media that Ranieri is in with a shout at Palace.....:p

Maiden Eagle
05-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Pray you don't go down cos if you do your in big trouble ,you beat the best teams at the end of the season up to then you had the worst record in all 4 divisions and you lot were slagging the mentioned players off all season

Funny that, because I thought we beat Chelsea in 13/14 and at the start of 15/16, and won on our last 3 visits to Anfield plus the 3-3 draw against them, which ruined their hopes of winning the C'Ship in 13/14.
And we will probably go down one season because unlike your delusions of grandeur Club, we as a Club, know our place, which is probably a lower mid table Prem Club, who may always fall through the trap door.

thereichstuff
05-06-2017, 08:19 PM
I fear for us I really do . All that pent up anger and angst will explode and we could be taught a real lesson on the biggest stage in world football . I hope they don't exceed the 5 goal tonking we dished out to them as I don't think I could live down the shame .

matbha
05-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Funny that, because I thought we beat Chelsea in 13/14 and at the start of 15/16, and won on our last 3 visits to Anfield plus the 3-3 draw against them, which ruined their hopes of winning the C'Ship in 13/14.
And we will probably go down one season because unlike your delusions of grandeur Club, we as a Club, know our place, which is probably a lower mid table Prem Club, who may always fall through the trap door.

Try a championship club at best ,and were deluded:lux:

Big Gav
05-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Try a championship club at best ,and were deluded:lux:

Did a Bwighton fan really just post that? :supergrin::clown:

Maiden Eagle
05-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Did a Bwighton fan really just post that? :supergrin::clown:

His grammar is so bad, I'm not even sure what he's getting at ?

TAK
05-06-2017, 09:39 PM
End of August or after 19th of Jan next year. Those are my travel dates.

Moose
06-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Were living with in our means ,and now were on the prem gravy train the ground is paid for ,unlike you lot that have blown 400 plus million and have nothing to show for it, upon tony we suckle

Edited for accuracy (grammar excepted).