PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Rachid Ghezzal

PeckhamSpring
22-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Free transfer from Lyon great vision and skill. Would provide great competition on the wings and would provide us with more cutting edge creativity in the final third.

Pubface
22-05-2017, 06:09 AM
Free transfer from Lyon great vision and skill. Would provide great competition on the wings and would provide us with more cutting edge creativity in the final third.

Can't believe he's been released. Yes please

aj4england
22-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Can't believe he's been released. Yes please

Everton were in for him in April -the sun suggests Koeman
thinks he has got him. Got sent off and fined earlier this season. Depay now there .

gcwhite
22-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Another Rachid? Sign him up.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Everton were in for him in April -the sun suggests Korean thinks he has got him. Got sent off and fined earlier this season. Depay now there .
Which Korean thinks he has got him? Kim jong un?

Sceagle
22-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Why has he been released?

kabbott
22-05-2017, 12:27 PM
He refused to sign a new contract a few months ago. He would have multiplied his salary by 4 and he turned it down. :eek:
That didn't go down to well with the fans or le Président Jean-Michel Aulas. He was then subsequently dropped (I'm not sure about the fine someone mentioned earlier).
He's a local boy, was more or less unknown two years ago, playing the odd match here and there but nothing special. It was in the 2015-2016 season that he really broke through scoring and making goals. He's left-footed but likes to play on the right, cutting in and shooting with his left peg. Most of the goals he scores are beauties. The problem is that he hasn't done much this season. Apart from the odd good game he has underperformed. He's not quick for a wide player, or if he is he's deceptively so. He "drifts" past players (I suppose a bit like Beckham), but he also drifts in and out of matches. He then has the cheekto turn down a more than lucrative contract. He's certainly not a "Billy Big Bollox" type like Ben Arfa, Nasri or Benzema. He always comes over as rather quiet and unassuming. He played some games towards the endof the season to put him in the shop window.
Down here the jury is still out over him. On his day he can be a match-winner.
The latest rumours here with people ITK were that he had signed/was going to sign that new contract (though I haven't checked anything out on the web).

ForzaPalace
29-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Seen him mentioned as a free transfer this summer on a Guardian article.

Most scouts who have shown up at Lyon in the last year or so will presumably have been largely there to watch Alexandre Lacazette, but they might have kept half an eye on another product of the club’s youth system, Rachid Ghezzal. A left-footed winger who can play on either flank and cites Arjen Robben as his “reference point”, Ghezzal broke into the Lyon team relatively late, having endured a stop-start first few years to his career. The 25-year-old’s form in the season just ended was thought to be a little less consistent than what came before, but he clearly has the capability to be a terrific performer. Everton have been linked, Milan are supposedly keen and some reports indicate that Roma have identified him as the man to replace Mohamed Salah.

I won't pretend to know what he's like as I've only ever come across him when playing against Lyon online on FIFA17. Here's a video:

AS9IAiMGTPU

chelmsfordeagle
29-06-2017, 08:36 AM
I read this article yesterday and he was the player that seemed to fit what we need. I too know nothing about him. He came on as a sub at a game v Sevilla last year but i don't remember him (i googled to see that he played against Sevilla)

ForzaPalace
29-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Need that Lyon fella on here's input

MutchForLife
29-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Looks good

Son of Shacker
29-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Rancid Jizzle. Any relation to Rancid Hardcock?

AJ8
29-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Could be a little deer for us

CharlieCPFC
29-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Seen him mentioned as a free transfer this summer on a Guardian article.

I won't pretend to know what he's like as I've only ever come across him when playing against Lyon online on FIFA17. Here's a video:

AS9IAiMGTPU

Same here, but then I don't rate him as he's never beaten Ward so he can't be upto much. But then again, not many do get past my full backs.

Kabbott is clued up, he'll know.

On a free at that age it has to be worthy of some consideration if he has anything about him.

Smithers-Jones
29-06-2017, 06:49 PM
With a name like that I'm in.

chatham_eagle
29-06-2017, 07:21 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/2009-thom-gazelle.jpg

kabbott
29-06-2017, 07:34 PM
This is what I posted about a month ago on another thread:

"He refused to sign a new contract a few months ago. He would have multiplied his salary by 4 and he turned it down.
That didn't go down to well with the fans or le Président Jean-Michel Aulas. He was then subsequently dropped (I'm not sure about the fine someone mentioned earlier).
He's a local boy, was more or less unknown two years ago, playing the odd match here and there but nothing special. It was in the 2015-2016 season that he really broke through scoring and making goals. He's left-footed but likes to play on the right, cutting in and shooting with his left peg. Most of the goals he scores are beauties. The problem is that he hasn't done much this season. Apart from the odd good game he has underperformed. He's not quick for a wide player, or if he is he's deceptively so. He "drifts" past players (I suppose a bit like Beckham), but he also drifts in and out of matches. He then has the cheek to turn down a more than lucrative contract. He's certainly not a "Billy Big Bollox" type like Ben Arfa, Nasri or Benzema. He always comes over as rather quiet and unassuming. He played some games towards the end of the season to put him in the shop window.
Down here the jury is still out over him. On his day he can be a match-winner.
The latest rumours here with people ITK were that he had signed/was going to sign that new contract (though I haven't checked anything out on the web)."

He is now out of contract, that's for sure. According to Lyon's "Président" Jean-Michel Aulas, he was going to sign the new contract after the final game against Nice but he didn't. Lyon fans down here would say, "Good riddance!"
He's obviously after a tasty contract and a nice signing-on fee. One of the Milan teams is said to be interested according to a mate of mine (though I haven't checked). He's a different type of player than Wilf or Townsend. I reckon he could also play as a n°10 behind Benteke, for example.
He's free so he could be worth a gamble. As you can see, I'm not 100% sure that he would be a success in the PL.