PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Lazar Markovic

glaziers fan
25-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Thought I'd get in there early! ;) Good player, obviously, did well at Hull. Young. Could play as a 2nd striker. Take a free kick even? Serbian, so will know Luka Milivojevic. We seem to do well with Liverpool players :p

CPFC.1990
25-05-2017, 11:34 AM
We need defenders and a goalkeeper before we look for another attack minded player.

Boring, but if we don't get the defence right then we will struggle.

glaziers fan
25-05-2017, 11:49 AM
We need defenders and a goalkeeper before we look for another attack minded player.

Boring, but if we don't get the defence right then we will struggle.

Sakho, Begovic, and Markovic would do me. We must get an attacking mid who can make things happen.

CPFC.1990
25-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Sakho will be looking for Champs Lge.

Begovic is not a long term solution.

We need a right back, centre back, goalkeeper and a holding midfielder before we spend money on any attacking players. Unless of course we lose Townsend and Zaha then we will have to completely re-think the squad.

Latvian Eagle
25-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Begovic is 29. He has potentially 6-10 years left in him, how on Earth would he not be a long term solution? :confused:

Palestinian
25-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Begovic is 29. He has potentially 6-10 years left in him, how on Earth would he not be a long term solution? :confused:

Spot on; but even if he was 32 it may still be the right option - for us (sadly) survival in the league next year is crucial, is more important than having a keeper for the long term.

Martin H
25-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Begovic has the worst stats of any keeper by some distance for last season but only played in 2 games so..... pretty meaningless.

DARZET EAGLE
25-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Begovic has the worst stats of any keeper by some distance for last season but only played in 2 games so..... pretty meaningless.

Indeed, he's a decent keeper who has probably gone off the boil because of lack of game time...

laboxers
25-05-2017, 12:31 PM
We 100% need an attacking midfielder to create chances and score some goals.

Being tight at the back but not scoring goals didn't work for Boro!

Latvian Eagle
25-05-2017, 01:21 PM
I liked Markovic when I saw him play for Benfica. Didn't really do it at Liverpool.

CharlieCPFC
25-05-2017, 02:27 PM
I liked Markovic when I saw him play for Benfica. Didn't really do it at Liverpool.

He was phenomenal at Benfica so he has the ability, he started looking good for Hull under Silva. I think this signing is nailed on if Silva comes.

sylvan eagle
25-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Was hulls best player

TWELLSEagle
25-05-2017, 04:59 PM
He has so much ability, on wilf's level. Still so much potential to fulfil. Would love him here and play him as a number 10

Twin of Droy
25-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Lazar quest

stanmar
25-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Definitely big reason for upturn in Hull's improved forward play in their games where I saw extended highlights. Any idea what his price would be now?

glaziers fan
27-05-2017, 10:08 PM
He's bang average

Latvian Eagle
28-05-2017, 09:26 AM
He's bang average

And this is why people don't take you seriously most of the time. :D

mroakley9
28-05-2017, 09:28 AM
He's bang average

:lux::lux::lux:

Herb
28-05-2017, 09:41 AM
He has so much ability, on wilf's level. Still so much potential to fulfil. Would love him here and play him as a number 10

I'm sorry but that would only be true if Wilf lost both legs.

mushroom
28-05-2017, 09:45 AM
He's a good player, with good work ethic

GreatGonzo
06-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Thought i would bump this one s still in the same window.

Good player, would give us good competition in the wide areas and think he only has 12 months left of his Liverpool deal so that could mean a reasonable price.

Nigelbrag
06-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Came with a big reputation but never quite fulfilled it, but will Liverpool let him go cheaply? after our recent experiences NO, would he displace our current wingers? NO, can we afford to have a player no doubt on high wages bench warming? NO, all of these go against what we are trying to introduce with our new management system, so for me a non starter.

Cake and Eat It
06-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Decent player, wouldn't hate this.

GreatGonzo
06-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Came with a big reputation but never quite fulfilled it, but will Liverpool let him go cheaply? after our recent experiences NO, would he displace our current wingers? NO, can we afford to have a player no doubt on high wages bench warming? NO, all of these go against what we are trying to introduce with our new management system, so for me a non starter.

He is on a free transfer in 12 months so depends what you mean by cheaply? Come deadline day they will need to get rid.

It is not about displacing current players (although he would probably give Townsend a run for his money) but when one of them was not on it in a game or injured our options were Sako. We need much more quality in the depth in a crucial position for the way we play.

As for high wages on the bench, we have several who were not even making the bench earning significant wages. We need our bench players to be able to perform, to challenge the starting players and to effectively replace them in games if needed.

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Think he would be a decent buy at right price. He can play wide and behind the striker.. something we have been missing.

CharlieCPFC
06-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Surely he'll link up with Silva again, but he'd be a very good signing definitely.

Sir.S.C Remembered
06-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Think he would be a decent buy at right price. He can play wide and behind the striker.. something we have been missing.

We don't need wingers. 2 top class starters, Schlupp (12m v good one) and PVA can play there if needed, especially as Pap is back in training. Not to mention Kai Kai! Williams has even played out there too.

If we want a ACM we should buy an out and out ACM.

eaglebhoy
06-07-2017, 09:27 AM
We really need someone who can be effective at CAM / No.10 role, he seems decent and is still relatively young !

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-07-2017, 09:28 AM
We don't need wingers. 2 top class starters, Schlupp (12m v good one) and PVA can play there if needed, especially as Pap is back in training. Not to mention Kai Kai! Williams has even played out there too.

I'm not convinced Schlupp is a "very good" winger. PVA was disappointing when he played in front of Jeff too.

Martin H
06-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Not sure about PVA as a winger. Wingback, for sure, but not as a winger.

Nigelbrag
06-07-2017, 10:02 AM
He is on a free transfer in 12 months so depends what you mean by cheaply? Come deadline day they will need to get rid.

It is not about displacing current players (although he would probably give Townsend a run for his money) but when one of them was not on it in a game or injured our options were Sako. We need much more quality in the depth in a crucial position for the way we play.

As for high wages on the bench, we have several who were not even making the bench earning significant wages. We need our bench players to be able to perform, to challenge the starting players and to effectively replace them in games if needed.

As for what Liverpool would ask, having paid in excess of 20m and still 24 i think, i assume they would want around 12m? at the very least even with just a year left on his contract.
Do you honestly think we would pay that figure for someone who if bought would be bench warming, knowing what the club have hinted about being more prudent and working to a budget, that will be tough to simply strengthen the First team let alone paying out a big part of it for reserves.
As for current bench warmers being on silly high wages, i could not agree more and is something management are trying to stop happening again, hence why i think with FDB in place Parish will look to change the approach we now take.
Having quality in reserve is very important from a fans point of view and we fans would always suggest throwing whatever it takes at it, but the Board will see it in a different light.
My own view is FDB will be working towards building a strong First Team so as to hold our own initially, with having fairly good quality back up of 5/6 players to make up a strong First team squad, and then hope injuries don't hit hard, then look to strengthen on a gradual basis once established.
The reality is we are a Bottom Six team and Not a Top Six team so our spending will always be based on that, however much we fans would like it to be a bottomless pit kitty.

GreatGonzo
06-07-2017, 10:24 AM
As for what Liverpool would ask, having paid in excess of 20m and still 24 i think, i assume they would want around 12m? at the very least even with just a year left on his contract.
Do you honestly think we would pay that figure for someone who if bought would be bench warming, knowing what the club have hinted about being more prudent and working to a budget, that will be tough to simply strengthen the First team let alone paying out a big part of it for reserves.
As for current bench warmers being on silly high wages, i could not agree more and is something management are trying to stop happening again, hence why i think with FDB in place Parish will look to change the approach we now take.
Having quality in reserve is very important from a fans point of view and we fans would always suggest throwing whatever it takes at it, but the Board will see it in a different light.
My own view is FDB will be working towards building a strong First Team so as to hold our own initially, with having fairly good quality back up of 5/6 players to make up a strong First team squad, and then hope injuries don't hit hard, then look to strengthen on a gradual basis once established.
The reality is we are a Bottom Six team and Not a Top Six team so our spending will always be based on that, however much we fans would like it to be a bottomless pit kitty.

Couldn't disagree more.

We were bottom 6 last year predominantly because whilst our first XI was mid-table as soon as injuries hit we had precious little to bring in. Our first XI is still very good having not lost anyone.

In order to strengthen we will need to buy players who are PL mid-table or higher and they are generally not 5m players, they will cost money. 10m for a bench player is probably where the PL is at the moment.

I do agree with the likely figure you put in there but disagree he would be an automatic bench warmer, he would be significant pressure on Townsend and whether from the start or from the bench i think he would play in 2/3 of games. That is value!

mushroom
06-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Good player, can play wide or in the hole... good work rate as well.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-07-2017, 10:50 AM
A lot of people have consistently said Schlupp is really a winger, even before we signed him. Yet Ranieri described him as a full back, as did Allardyce. When he arrived he only ever played for us at the back (or wing back) and when both he and PVA were in the same team (happened a couple of times at least), it was always PVA in front of Schlupp.

I'm not saying he couldn't play on the wing and I know he has played further forward on occasions but for quite a while now he has predominantly been a left back. I'm not convinced how good he would be as cover for the winger/ forward positions.

GreatGonzo
06-07-2017, 11:10 AM
A lot of people have consistently said Schlupp is really a winger, even before we signed him. Yet Ranieri described him as a full back, as did Allardyce. When he arrived he only ever played for us at the back (or wing back) and when both he and PVA were in the same team (happened a couple of times at least), it was always PVA in front of Schlupp.

I'm not saying he couldn't play on the wing and I know he has played further forward on occasions but for quite a while now he has predominantly been a left back. I'm not convinced how good he would be as cover for the winger/ forward positions.

When he first came through he was more of a forward. Scored 6 in 9 in League One for Brentford 6 seasons ago. Seems to have drifted further back as the seasons have gone on though.

mushroom
06-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Schlup said he is comfortable playing anywhere on the left side. We need players that can play well in more than one position.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-07-2017, 11:28 AM
When he first came through he was more of a forward. Scored 6 in 9 in League One for Brentford 6 seasons ago. Seems to have drifted further back as the seasons have gone on though.
Yep. In recent times he has become a full back. It could change I suspect there is a reason top flight managers have used him at the back.

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Just read an article from few weeks back in times that reckons Liverpool want 20m for him..... fvck that

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Schlup said he is comfortable playing anywhere on the left side. We need players that can play well in more than one position.
I'm sure he can play there but I'm not sure how good he is in that role and his last two managers have clearly preferred him as a full back. Not sure the experiment with him at centre back was such a success though.

Martin H
06-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Like many youngsters with pace and ability he started up front and so left wing was a natural evolution for him. I think his debut was on the left wing at Leicester but with strong competition he dropped back again to LB for them using his pace/stamina to get up and down. Always exciting on the break. My comments prior to his arrival were that having seen him for Leicester I would have said he was dodgy defensively. This was because he lacked the positional discipline/instinct to play regularly there at Premier level. I thought he would do OK anywhere forward of the LB slot and offer good support etc and pace. The other big question I had was re his passing, particularly that final creative one. Adrenaline seemed to get the better of him and too many chances were lost at Leicester I thought. Everything else was promising.

Leicester1(?) always rated him as good potential and to be fair having seen him at Palace I would say he has done far better at LB than I expected and looks better than PVA defensively. I would like to have seen him maraud forward a little more because I think he would be a handful to his credit he is showing the discipline I doubted he had :)

The problem he may still have and especially with FDB is that decision making and passing accuracy. I don't think he will meet FDB's levels and will be on the end of a b********* or too. So he better go practice before he gets get 'Franked'.

GreatGonzo
06-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Just read an article from few weeks back in times that reckons Liverpool want 20m for him..... fvck that

As we know Liverpool always want a lot but depends what his contract is. I have seen conflicting 4 and 5 year deals mentioned, and if the former he will be able to go to Europe on a free next summer and for not very much in the UK.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Like many youngsters with pace and ability he started up front and so left wing was a natural evolution for him. I think his debut was on the left wing at Leicester but with strong competition he dropped back again to LB for them using his pace/stamina to get up and down. Always exciting on the break. My comments prior to his arrival were that having seen him for Leicester I would have said he was dodgy defensively. This was because he lacked the positional discipline/instinct to play regularly there at Premier level. I thought he would do OK anywhere forward of the LB slot and offer good support etc and pace. The other big question I had was re his passing, particularly that final creative one. Adrenaline seemed to get the better of him and too many chances were lost at Leicester I thought. Everything else was promising.

Leicester1(?) always rated him as good potential and to be fair having seen him at Palace I would say he has done far better at LB than I expected and looks better than PVA defensively. I would like to have seen him maraud forward a little more because I think he would be a handful to his credit he is showing the discipline I doubted he had :)

The problem he may still have and especially with FDB is that decision making and passing accuracy. I don't think he will meet FDB's levels and will be on the end of a b********* or too. So he better go practice before he gets get 'Franked'.
Yep, he was far more of a solid, safety first defender for us than I was expecting last season. Of course, some of that may have been SA's instructions/ tactics. But he seemed more defensively minded than PVA in the same position.

Interestingly, I would still be intrigued to see how Souare, with his overlaps and crossing ability (inconsistent but at times superb) would serve Benteke. He crossed for Wickham's goal at Wembley and put in a number of similar balls that we didn't capitalise on in other games. Could be the type of service Benteke would thrive on. Whether he will still be the same player after his injury is another question of course.

thereichstuff
24-07-2017, 03:28 PM
He's up for sale .

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 03:29 PM
He's up for sale .

They want silly money I believe

thereichstuff
24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
They want silly money I believe

They always do .

Crystal Glitter
24-07-2017, 03:40 PM
12 million apparently

TWELLSEagle
24-07-2017, 03:47 PM
12 million apparently

That's not silly, that'd be very reasonable.

GB2506
24-07-2017, 03:48 PM
12 million apparently

Yes please! Would be a great attacking option alongside Benteke and Zaha in a front 3.

dowieslovechild
24-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Sakho will be looking for Champs Lge.

So his agent would lead us all to believe.

I think he'll still come, once the inter-club mind games have ended.