PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Sam Clucas

glaziers fan
26-05-2017, 05:59 AM
Has risen through the leagues so probably not a big time Charlie. No nonsense defensive mid with a goal in him. 26, so decent age. Left footed. Could play with Luka or, almost as importantly, defensive midfield cover for Luka that we don't currently have. Thoughts?

Nigelbrag
26-05-2017, 07:00 AM
You raise some valid points about what he brings and i can't dispute that, but i just feel if he is to be the midfield defensive partner alongside Luka that is assuming Cabaye is leaving, then i would prefer someone who brings a bit more grit and bite, like Fabian Delph or Harry Artur, and to complement them a strong running attacking midfielder like Loftus-Cheek, would give the midfield a good balance.
But with midfield players that will no doubt be moved on, then Sam Clucas would make a very good squad addition if at a sensible fee, and is type of back up players we should be aiming for.

Martin H
26-05-2017, 08:56 AM
You raise some valid points about what he brings and i can't dispute that, but i just feel if he is to be the midfield defensive partner alongside Luka that is assuming Cabaye is leaving, then i would prefer someone who brings a bit more grit and bite, like Fabian Delph or Harry Artur, and to complement them a strong running attacking midfielder like Loftus-Cheek, would give the midfield a good balance.
But with midfield players that will no doubt be moved on, then Sam Clucas would make a very good squad addition if at a sensible fee, and is type of back up players we should be aiming for.

Dread to think how much a combo of Delph and Loftus Cheek would cost, fees and wages, but assume the latter is a loan suggestion?

The second DM would be replacing Puncheon (i.e. Latterly) not Cabaye wouldn't he?

wrightchipvcfc
26-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Never stopped trying in there 4 0 defeat to us and had to move positions looked good player

Big Fella
26-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Its a no from me, as he would bring his family and under no circumstances do I want the Clucas Clan at Selhurst......

Malarkey
26-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Its a no from me, as he would bring his family and under no circumstances do I want the Clucas Clan at Selhurst......

Wondered what you were on about, did not expect that ending :D

fang
26-05-2017, 12:31 PM

:lux::lux::supergrin:

Nigelbrag
26-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Dread to think how much a combo of Delph and Loftus Cheek would cost, fees and wages, but assume the latter is a loan suggestion?

The second DM would be replacing Puncheon (i.e. Latterly) not Cabaye wouldn't he?

I would say as far as fees (IF we were to buy both which i doubt) would be no more that the cost of buying Sakho. But assuming buying Delph around 10/12m and Loftus-Cheek on loan with a fee around 2m obviously wages on top, but consider when we are paying Backary Sako and Campbell (hopefully moved on) a reputed 100k p.w combined for bench warming and that only on the seldom occasion they makes the bench :rolleyes: would make anything we pay those Two good business for the quality they would bring.
I was making the assumption that should Cabaye leave, and Puncheon was on the bench then those Two would be their replacements, makes it feasible.

palacemetros
26-05-2017, 04:13 PM

A LOL moment!!. Repped! :lux::lux:

glaziers fan
27-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Slow and shit