PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the seaside

Brightonian
26-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Looking forward to meeting again next season. We owe you one after the play offs :)

Jukesy
26-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Rumour has it Wilf only signed a new contract once he knew he could tear you a new one next season :lux:

Coastal Palace
26-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Looking forward to meeting again next season. We owe you one after the play offs :)

Be afraid.
Be very afraid.

thereichstuff
26-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Another one :rolleyes:

mpfn
26-05-2017, 03:40 PM
**** off

SeanPalace84
26-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Wait till you get promoted to sign up to your rivals forum. Sad ****.

mether
26-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Take it your carers have gone away for the bank holiday.

leicester1
26-05-2017, 04:59 PM
This boards goin to be inundated with Brigh'on if they pull off with a good start to the season......

thereichstuff
26-05-2017, 05:16 PM
This boards goin to be inundated with Brigh'on if they pull off with a good start to the season......

Don't we just know it :rolleyes:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
26-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Hello Palace fans,

I wouldn't be looking forward to it if I were you

Selhurst Celtic
26-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Looking forward to meeting again next season.

See you in Clapham.

PIE "N" MASH
26-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Hello Palace fans,

O dear,never mind,carry on:sob::rolleyes:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
26-05-2017, 06:30 PM
See you in Clapham.

Or Anerley

Jim Cannon
26-05-2017, 06:35 PM

Would not surprise me if they are near the top after 3 games, but they have a habit of forgetting how long a season lasts and it usually ends in hilarity for us

tauranga rob
26-05-2017, 06:39 PM

They can wipe up with their half & half scarves.

Selhurst Celtic
26-05-2017, 06:52 PM
And Dunk will be facing the wall at all times.

matbha
26-05-2017, 07:08 PM

Why would you care ? :jerkit:

matbha
26-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Rumour has it Wilf only signed a new contract once he knew he could tear you a new one next season :lux:

He might do that ,but I bet he will dive and dive and dive ,cant understand why the best player ever didn't sighn for a big club

CharlieCPFC
26-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Hello Palace fans,

F**k off from the village.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Doesn't your club owe enough already due to that playoff defeat, without adding us to the list?

Spiderman
26-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Why would you care ? :jerkit:

Because they can see what you lot are like.:jerkit: Another tinpot team who have won f*** all.

NYEagle
26-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Because they can see what you lot are like.:jerkit: Another tinpot team who have won f*** all.

But at least they had a celebration bus tour - for coming second!

What a bunch of w@nkers.

matbha
26-05-2017, 07:43 PM

LOL what have you won ?

Selhurst Celtic
26-05-2017, 07:47 PM
We've got the division one trophy in our cabinet. You choked & finished second you silly prat.

elgrande
LOL what have you won ?

The mighty zenith data cup.....great day at Wembley....oh and the biggest game between us...0-2..it put your premier league ready club back 4 years.....

mpfn
LOL what have you won ?

You can **** off an all

elgrande
26-05-2017, 07:49 PM
The mighty zenith data cup.....great day at Wembley....oh and the biggest game between us...0-2..it put your premier league ready club back 4 years.....

Oh yeah as been said a champions trophy...while you lot were in the air....prematurely celebrating....you do seem to make a habit of that.

matbha
26-05-2017, 07:50 PM
You can **** off an all

LOL angry prick :jerkit:

Selhurst Celtic
26-05-2017, 07:50 PM
That famous old trophy, steeped in history & discussed at length on NSC, getting all excited & pulling at your dresses for when 'Bruno' would have it in his hands. And you f*cked it up. Classic.

waddoneagle
26-05-2017, 07:57 PM
The little we have won is massive compared to you,Always in our shadow

thereichstuff
26-05-2017, 08:01 PM
LOL what have you won ?

Bragging rights forever .

Nth Kent Eagle
26-05-2017, 08:10 PM
He might do that ,but I bet he will dive and dive and dive ,cant understand why the best player ever didn't sighn for a big club

Brighton are a big club from the debt perspective at least. Strange he didn't want to join you.

NYEagle
26-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah as been said a champions trophy...while you lot were in the air....prematurely celebrating....you do seem to make a habit of that.

Not the only time we won it either - just the most satisfying.

I remember that last Saturday - they had 10,000 fans going to Newcastle - and our win at Orient set up the last outstanding game of the season.

52,000 saw us not only win the Championship but f@ck the scum over as well.

What a night!

leicester1
26-05-2017, 08:26 PM
age 44...I'm not buying that...no way hosey......anyway,iv'e made a prediction as I nipped in the Away end....if Brigh'on start the first 3- 4 games with just 1 loss this away end will have 3 times the normal amount of Brigh'on.

Selhurst Celtic
26-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Bragging rights forever .

Is the correct answer.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/2448670.jpg

alexcpfc
26-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Is the correct answer.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/2448670.jpg

They will never be able to top that night in May.

Your tormentor has just signed a new 5 year deal. Can't wait until he rips you to shreds yet again.

Dodds
26-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Bruno v Zaha...**** me, that's gonna be fun

curly c.p.f.c
27-05-2017, 03:34 PM
LOL what have you won ?

English second tier (currently the EFL Championship)
Champions (2): 1978–79, 1993–94
Runners-up (1): 1968–69

Play-off winners (4): 1988–89, 1996–97, 2003–04, 2012–13 :D

matbha
28-05-2017, 06:04 PM
They will never be able to top that night in May.

Your tormentor has just signed a new 5 year deal. Can't wait until he rips you to shreds yet again.

Strange that he said beating us is the highlight of his career lets face it if he was good enough he would have gone

Penstone Eagle
28-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Why have you only just joined this forum ?

Or need I ask.

Big Gav
28-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Strange that he said beating us is the highlight of his career lets face it if he was good enough he would have gone

Oh he is good enough :) Funny I seem to remember you lot saying he was shit before that night at the Amex when he destroyed you :D

Joe85
28-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Perhaps you are right.

Glenn Murray was good enough, without a doubt.

matbha
28-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Oh he is good enough :) Funny I seem to remember you lot saying he was shit before that night at the Amex when he destroyed you :D

Yes for you he is ,not for England or Man U :)

NYEagle
28-05-2017, 06:31 PM

So definitely too good for your lot.

You will need 11 new players just to compete at not being in the relegation zone.

Can't wait until he tears you (yet another) new arsehole.

matbha
28-05-2017, 06:45 PM
So definitely too good for your lot.

You will need 11 new players just to compete at not being in the relegation zone.

Can't wait until he tears you (yet another) new arsehole.

You might be right or you could be wrong

Coastal Palace
28-05-2017, 07:01 PM
You might be right or you could be wrong

He's right, silly c**t.

matbha
28-05-2017, 07:32 PM
He's right, silly c**t.

You sir are a ****

Coastal Palace
28-05-2017, 07:37 PM
You sir are a ****

The day I care what some Moulscoomb chav inbred thinks about me on my own Palace site is the day you can add a 4 and a 3 and come up with an odd number.

matbha
28-05-2017, 09:26 PM
The day I care what some Moulscoomb chav inbred thinks about me on my own Palace site is the day you can add a 4 and a 3 and come up with an odd number.

:lux:

Selhurst Celtic
28-05-2017, 09:40 PM

Not fit to lace Buckley's boots by all accounts. Smashes in two wonderful goals to propel us into the top flight in front of a nutty away atmosphere that they could only dream about & bragging rights forever were claimed. Glorious. F*ck off matbha you little div, you're out of your depth.

bestperch
28-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Half term again.

Popester
28-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Not good enough for Moyes who preferred Januzaj (yes the same Januzaj who was relegated with Moyes. Some managers can't spot talent).

How many players have Brighton sold for 15m or to a club like ManU?

bestperch
28-05-2017, 10:23 PM
How many players have Brighton sold for 15m or to a club like ManU?[/QUOTE]

Surely Macktail Smith was in the 15-20m bracket before he went to Luton on a free.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
28-05-2017, 11:41 PM
We seem to have a habit of beating the top clubs and losing to the shit ones. So on that basis it seems possible that we could lose to Brighton next season, which would be a shame but not the end of the world so long as we finish above them in the league table. Even then we would surely want to look at the tables and relative positions over the past 30 years or so :)

Brighton surely have a massive job to do to avoid the 'first season crash' and I think Palace will be the least of their worries once they realise how hard it is to pick up points even against the fellow strugglers. Forget the Palace 'cup final' games, every game is a cup final when you are in the bottom three with little or no light at the end of the tunnel. To be fair, Brighton have a good man in charge for a change and a chairman who will surely be willing to back the team heavily financially having spent and gambled so much to finally make it back into the top tier.

Coastal Palace
29-05-2017, 12:02 AM
We seem to have a habit of beating the top clubs and losing to the shit ones. So on that basis it seems possible that we could lose to Brighton next season, which would be a shame but not the end of the world so long as we finish above them in the league table. Even then we would surely want to look at the tables and relative positions over the past 30 years or so :)

Brighton surely have a massive job to do to avoid the 'first season crash' and I think Palace will be the least of their worries once they realise how hard it is to pick up points even against the fellow strugglers. Forget the Palace 'cup final' games, every game is a cup final when you are in the bottom three with little or no light at the end of the tunnel. To be fair, Brighton have a good man in charge for a change and a chairman who will surely be willing to back the team heavily financially having spent and gambled so much to finally make it back into the top tier.

In other words - Brighton c**ts.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
29-05-2017, 12:09 AM
In other words - Brighton c**ts. Naturally, I think what I'm trying to say is that short of us getting relegated and them staying up we pretty much cant go wrong next season no matter what we do. So the pressure is all on them to take advantage of this very narrow window of opportunity that they are presented with :)

Coastal Palace
29-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Naturally, I think what I'm trying to say is that short of us getting relegated and them staying up we pretty much cant go wrong next season no matter what we do. So the pressure is all on them to take advantage of this very narrow window of opportunity that they are presented with :)

:)

sherrifbart
29-05-2017, 01:19 AM
Brighton have never had a player worth anything,they have a history of buying cast offs,or guys who look good in the second or third tier,Mackaill Smith for instance,The only player of any note,who was any good was Murray, who they very kindly gifted to Palace.Whilst he thrived in the Championship,he hardly set the world alight in the Premiership,and we still got four million for him.I cannot honestly see him leading the line next season.Regarding Knockhaert,he may do ok,but if he does,a bigger club will come in for him.Zaha,even on a bad day is better than any Brighton player.The only reason Zaha is still with us is because he wants to be.Selhurst has been his home ever since childhood,and he loves the club.

Eagleinsussex
29-05-2017, 09:59 AM
:)

:lux:

andy1980
29-05-2017, 10:34 AM

I don't get it. We should be looking up to you guys because of what you guys have achieved, but instead what we do is visit Atletic bilbao to see what their secret is to suviving top flight football. It's almost as if we don't want to do things the palace way as it isn't a very good way to do things (although it has worked for you ).

SJ'sLoveMonkey
29-05-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't get it. We should be looking up to you guys because of what you guys have achieved, but instead what we do is visit Atletic bilbao to see what their secret is to suviving top flight football. It's almost as if we don't want to do things the palace way as it isn't a very good way to do things (although it has worked for you ).

What the **** are you babbling on about? It's not the right way to do things although it's worked?

You need a ready reckoner and a slide rule to work you out

Malarkey
29-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Surely Macktail Smith was in the 15-20m bracket before he went to Luton on a free.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Malarkey
29-05-2017, 11:02 AM
I think that if Brighton beat us next season (which let's face it, is possible) but then get relegated, 90%+ of their fans would see it as a successful season and probably the best in their entire history.

Imagine how sad that would be :D

sherrifbart
29-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Surely there is nothing can better this season for the Tarqs,winning the league,i know they won the league because i witnessed the open top bus parade,you dont get one of those,and a trophy by coming second.However,the geordies claim to have won the league,but thats impossible surely, (apparently theyre tinpot.)

andy1980
29-05-2017, 11:19 AM
What the **** are you babbling on about? It's not the right way to do things although it's worked?

You need a ready reckoner and a slide rule to work you out

I didn't say it's not the right way, I said not very good way. One we are not following that's all.

Malarkey
29-05-2017, 11:35 AM
I didn't say it's not the right way, I said not very good way. One we are not following that's all.

Nobody knows what the **** you're talking about

spt1978
29-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Nobody knows what the **** you're talking about

Something about how TINPOT it is to have a victory parade for finishing 2nd I think.

Don't suppose they went past the Goldstone after they let it be taken away from them.

grand aigle
29-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Probably due to having some decent players, something which, (un) fortunately, Brighton dont have.... Relegation looks likely for you Andy

PS I see you have had the "l" fixed on your keyboard at last!! Well done..

old git
29-05-2017, 12:09 PM
One question.When were Athletico Bilbao last in the English Premier League?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
29-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Rumour has it they have been there more times than Bwighton

Jim Cannon
29-05-2017, 12:20 PM

I never hear of anyone doing things the Brighton way. Which for generations has been shit, and then you got a stinking rich bloke who kept chucking money at it until you finally got promoted. But even that wasn't exactly a smooth ride.

Eagleinsussex
29-05-2017, 02:32 PM

oh I don't know, staying in the Premier since we beat your sorry arses on that wonderful evening in May 2013 hasn't been too bad a way of doing things.

andy1980
30-05-2017, 05:57 AM

It's about how they run their club. They only have local players playing for them so their youth structure is important. Do you remember the days when you lot were so proud of your academy and were proud of being one of the only clubs that got promoted whilst making a profit. Compare that to today where you over spend on players and make losses.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
30-05-2017, 06:00 AM
It's about how they run their club. They only have local players playing for them so their youth structure is important. Do you remember the days when you lot were so proud of your academy and were proud of being one of the only clubs that got promoted whilst making a profit. Compare that to today where you over spend on players and make losses.

:D you are priceless, how many "local" players do you have playing for you now? Dunk? Is March local? And if you really think you can survive in the PL with just local lads playing for you and not "over spending" as you put it , then you are more of a bugs case than even I thought.

And you have the gall to talk about losses! :D:D

andy1980
30-05-2017, 06:09 AM
:D you are priceless, how many "local" players do you have playing for you now? Dunk? Is March local? And if you really think you can survive in the PL with just local lads playing for you and not "over spending" as you put it , then you are more of a bugs case than even I thought.

And you have the gall to talk about losses! :D:D
It about the youth structure. Bringing on the youngsters and how year after year they manage it. And yes how do you know we are going to overspend in the top flight as we have not been in it for 34 years. Thats the thing I don't understand Bloom spent 140 million on the playing side to get us here and just 1 season gets us 170 million. But you become a premier league team and make a loss then unless you plan a sugar daddy model how do you hope to get the money back?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
30-05-2017, 06:13 AM
It about the youth structure. Bringing on the youngsters and how year after year they manage it. And yes how do you know we are going to overspend in the top flight as we have not been in it for 34 years. Thats the thing I don't understand Bloom spent 140 million on the playing side to get us here and just 1 season gets us 170 million. But you become a premier league team and make a loss then unless you plan a sugar daddy model how do you hope to get the money back?

I don't know you are going to overspend and I couldn't care less either way, but do you really think your present squad can survive in the PL? Genuine question, are Brighton not a sugar daddy model then? He has built your ground, covered your losses year on year, built the academy, paid for players and their wages all out of his own pocket. Sounds like a sugar daddy model to me

andy1980
30-05-2017, 06:20 AM
I don't know you are going to overspend and I couldn't care less either way, but do you really think your present squad can survive in the PL? Genuine question, are Brighton not a sugar daddy model then? He has built your ground, covered your losses year on year, built the academy, paid for players and their wages all out of his own pocket. Sounds like a sugar daddy model to me

I said before that I think we are going to get relegated the important thing is having the ability to get back up

I do believe so far Brighton model is sugar daddy model but never long term. All I hear bloom talk about is sustainability, and passing the club onto his son. passing on something that is a huge financial burden wouldn't make sense.

thereichstuff
30-05-2017, 09:06 AM
I said before that I think we are going to get relegated the important thing is having the ability to get back up

I do believe so far Brighton model is sugar daddy model but never long term. All I hear bloom talk about is sustainability, and passing the club onto his son. passing on something that is a huge financial burden wouldn't make sense.

Sustainability :supergrin:

Bubble Wrap
30-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Something about how TINPOT it is to have a victory parade for finishing 2nd I think.

Don't suppose they went past the Goldstone after they let it be taken away from them.

Press reported 100,000 turned out for the Victory Parade. More like 10,000 top whack. They get a far bigger turn out of Brighton fans for their Pride Parade each year.

smileysmith
30-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Brighton fans seem to be forgetting the utter humiliation we've dished out to them.

They need to understand that if if they somehow manage to take 6 points of us next season, we get relegated and they stay up, we still have bragging rights over them.

They literally will not ever get over us beating them in their backyard, as underdogs, and then gaining promotion afterwards - and that's without even going into the 5-0, being the first ever team to beat them at their shiny new wonky home etc.

They're dead and buried. They'll remember soon.

passion4palace
30-05-2017, 08:01 PM
andy1980, you don't half talk some b*ll*cks, you really do. Clueless twat. Spare us the inane bile, please.

old git
30-05-2017, 08:07 PM
andy1980, you don't half talk some b*ll*cks, you really do. Clueless twat. Spare us the inane bile, please.
:eek:
Prepare for a detailed answer.

andy1980
31-05-2017, 05:27 AM
:eek:
Prepare for a detailed answer.

Nah your safe. You just have to read the things you guys write to see your a bunch of idiots, and it's getting worse.

grand aigle
31-05-2017, 05:46 AM

So Brighton are only gonna have local players are they? Dunk is local? Knokoff is local? What about Spanish Dave, Vicente Duffy Stokdale? All local boys? And your academy? Where are the academy boys in your team? Can you tell us who they are? Didnt think you could andy......and you accuse us of being idiots? God, you do talk some bollocks pal, your shower of shit only got to the Premier due to a never ending supply of money from the penguin, and even then it took you 5 years and you even choked on that, only getting runners up after needing a singe win in 3 games to take the title! Still you probably believe that the Premier league will be a walk in the park for the mighty BHA.....Champions league next????

Coastal Palace
31-05-2017, 05:50 AM
So Brighton are only gonna have local players are they? Dunk is local? Knokoff is local? What about Spanish Dave, Vicente Duffy Stokdale? All local boys? And your academy? Where are the academy boys in your team? Can you tell us who they are? Didnt think you could andy......and you accuse us of being idiots? God, you do talk some bollocks pal, your shower of shit only got to the Premier due to a never ending supply of money from the penguin, and even then it took you 5 years and you even choked on that, only getting runners up after needing a singe win in 3 games to take the title! Still you probably believe that the Premier league will be a walk in the park for the mighty BHA.....Champions league next????

They'll be the new Lisbon Lions or in their case, the Bwighton bumders.

andy1980
31-05-2017, 05:53 AM

No as I wrote in a later post it's the youth structure. I didn't say we were only go local I said they did so their youth structure was important read it. We are looking at how they always successfully bring on their young players to never have been relegated.

By the way saying things I don't believe makes you an idiot, if you want to argue with me then learn what I believe.

thereichstuff
31-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Nah your safe. You just have to read the things you guys write to see your a bunch of idiots, and it's getting worse.

Oh the irony :D

SJ'sLoveMonkey
31-05-2017, 06:57 AM

:D

grand aigle
31-05-2017, 07:09 AM
No as I wrote in a later post it's the youth structure. I didn't say we were only go local I said they did so their youth structure was important read it. We are looking at how they always successfully bring on their young players to never have been relegated.

By the way saying things I don't believe makes you an idiot, if you want to argue with me then learn what I believe.

What does this even mean??
You have the temerity to call us idiots when you andy boy are the biggest idiot, by a country mile, on here! Discovered your bollox since promotion havent you?? Shame its gonna end in failure once again

Big Gav
31-05-2017, 08:12 AM

Is that the same youth structure that lost 13-0 earlier in the season?

CharlieCPFC
31-05-2017, 08:13 AM

Bilbao has one of the top youth setups in the world, they produces top players and as you said has never relegated them. I suppose there's nothing wrong with gaining insight but it'd be delusional to think you could replicate or get anywhere near the kind of setup they have. Football is ingrained in the basque region, working, middle and upper class. Brighton doesn't have that. Not to forgot Brighton has produced next to nothing even in the past few years.

Phil's Barber
31-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Athletic Bilbrighton - Basque separatists.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170525/5acd40d60ae2e7d82768e130c4c99a7f.jpg

Ninjas Headband
31-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Is that their new seasons kit? Don't fancy seeing Dunk in that.

Ash
31-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Will Andy, Mat, WHP all disappear for 4 years again once their relegation is confirmed?

Coastal Palace
31-05-2017, 09:03 AM
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mN5JxHty7Fl0JoHE2u_AnVg.jpgWill Andy, Mat, WHP all disappear for 4 years again once their relegation is confirmed?

eagle mart
31-05-2017, 09:31 AM
For the record, andy1980 (when his hard drive hasn't been bust) has been speaking bollocks on here for 6 years. And he has come out with some utter, utter, utter bollocks.

25th Sept 2011 - I can garentee you that if Gus stays long enough, then training facilities and Gus's reputation as one of the best young coaches will win 9 timnes out of 10 over your academy.

27th sept 2011 – Gus Bus 1 – Palace academy inspired team 3

13th May 2013 - Gus Bus 0 – Palace youth product 2

14th May 2013 – Gus leaves after bus got a puncture never to be seen again – what a loss to the coaching world.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
31-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Andy is fully entitled to keep spouting his blinkered, over simplified shit - but I do take offence to my words appearing in every one of his posts. He didn't even quote it in his signature, so that people could read the context. Even without the context, it's insulting his club, so **** knows what the point of that is.

grand aigle
31-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Will Andy, Mat, WHP all disappear for 4 years again once their relegation is confirmed?

We can only hope so! Weak, cowardly individuals that they are !

Coastal Palace
31-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Is that their new seasons kit? Don't fancy seeing Dunk in that.

I bet Knockaert would.

Maiden Eagle
31-05-2017, 11:57 AM

Nothing even to do with you being a Brighton fan, but you can't even construct a sentence properly and you keep leaving letters off words, so we have to guess what you mean.

And you call us idiots !!:bash:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
31-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Nothing even to do with you being a Brighton fan, but you can't even construct a sentence properly and you keep leaving letters off words, so we have to guess what you mean.

And you call us idiots !!:bash:

There you go again, twisting andy's words, where did he ever say we were idiots etc etc

elgrande
31-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Athletic Bilbrighton - Basque separatists.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170525/5acd40d60ae2e7d82768e130c4c99a7f.jpg

Brilliant....

EnglandEagle
31-05-2017, 12:48 PM

Go on I'll bite and try and be reasonable. Reading between the lines what he is saying is that weed are ****ed and they know it. For all their pathetic belief in the team that finished second in a very poor league this season they know that they don't have the cash to buy the 20 or so players they need to give them a chance of staying up. So as always in times of deaperation they will revert to type. Try and confuse people with left field thinking and claim they are the leading light in they way football clubs should be run. The problem though is that the plan is to replicate a club that is built on the foundation of a region with a unique culture and history. So the plan falls at the first hurdle because there is nothing unique or culturalal about weed. They are just a poxy little third division side who have ridden the wind of oppportunity. A wind which will eventually blow their straw house down and return them to where they came.

Crofty
31-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Oh how quaint...a JCL..new member. Wan*er! :jerkit:

Eagleinsussex
31-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Go on I'll bite and try and be reasonable. Reading between the lines what he is saying is that weed are ****ed and they know it. For all their pathetic belief in the team that finished second in a very poor league this season they know that they don't have the cash to buy the 20 or so players they need to give them a chance of staying up. So as always in times of deaperation they will revert to type. Try and confuse people with left field thinking and claim they are the leading light in they way football clubs should be run. The problem though is that the plan is to replicate a club that is built on the foundation of a region with a unique culture and history. So the plan falls at the first hurdle because there is nothing unique or culturalal about weed. They are just a poxy little third division side who have ridden the wind of oppportunity. A wind which will eventually blow their straw house down and return them to where they came.

Spot one I'd say :lux:

andy1980
01-06-2017, 07:07 AM
Bilbao has one of the top youth setups in the world, they produces top players and as you said has never relegated them. I suppose there's nothing wrong with gaining insight but it'd be delusional to think you could replicate or get anywhere near the kind of setup they have. Football is ingrained in the basque region, working, middle and upper class. Brighton doesn't have that. Not to forgot Brighton has produced next to nothing even in the past few years.
Thank you for at least beginning to understand what I was trying to say. I never said we would get anywhere near their level of success, we just want to see what they do and how they do it. There is nothing to suggest that we are just trying to bring on local kids, in fact the opposite. I really didn't mean to imply that we were and said that in a couple of posts since.

To be honest it was a dig at palace fans who use the saying there are teachers and there are pupils know your place. You guys have been in the premier league for five seasons and yet we don't want to do it the palace way (thankfully).

Vince Hilaire's Afro
01-06-2017, 07:27 AM
To be honest it was a dig at palace fans who use the saying there are teachers and there are pupils know your place. You guys have been in the premier league for five seasons and yet we don't want to do it the palace way (thankfully).

What is the Palace way?

Why don't you want to do 'it' that way?

What way are you going do 'it'?

What is 'it'?

I wonder what insight Bilbao can offer beyond what you could read in a news article.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-06-2017, 07:30 AM
What is the Palace way?

Why don't you want to do 'it' that way?

What way are you going do 'it'?

What is 'it'?

I wonder what insight Bilbao can offer beyond what you could read in a news article.

The right way as usual Vince

HurstpierPalace
01-06-2017, 08:11 AM
What is the Palace way? Being a club punching above your weight and not getting relegated.

Why don't you want to do 'it' that way? They do but need to maintain the illusion they're in some way 'better' than every other club.

What way are you going do 'it'? Same same, but different

What is 'it'? See the first question. What every club our size tries to do if they're able to gain promotion. Unfortunately they need to label it 'the Palace way' in a derogatory manner because God forbid a club might be able to pull off an achievement that European super club 'Bwighton' haven't been able to achieve.

I wonder what insight Bilbao can offer beyond what you could read in a news article..

Ninjas Headband
01-06-2017, 08:18 AM
I'm sure Brighton would take any way or form if it could guarantee 5 years in the Premier League. Oh shit! Just remembered that they're the new super power of World football and as such will do it the correct way.

thereichstuff
01-06-2017, 08:44 AM
So if the weeds struggle and the customers are baying for hughtons blood do they do the right thing and keep him ?

Phil's Barber
01-06-2017, 09:10 AM
They'll do it the classy way and sack him on live TV, just like poor old Gus.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-06-2017, 09:17 AM
So if the weeds struggle and the customers are baying for hughtons blood do they do the right thing and keep him ?

It will be classy booing whatever happens

Phil's Barber
01-06-2017, 09:20 AM
I hope it doesn't get really nasty, we could see him getting pelted with olives and sun-blushed tomatoes.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-06-2017, 09:22 AM
And copies of Showjumping Weekly

Selhurst Celtic
01-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Gandy1980 is a special kind of div, isn't he?

davech
01-06-2017, 10:03 AM
It will be classy booing whatever happens

What, booing with harmonic clackers in the background?

Big Gav
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Gandy1980 is a special kind of div, isn't he?

One amongst many

CharlieCPFC
01-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Thank you for at least beginning to understand what I was trying to say. I never said we would get anywhere near their level of success, we just want to see what they do and how they do it. There is nothing to suggest that we are just trying to bring on local kids, in fact the opposite. I really didn't mean to imply that we were and said that in a couple of posts since.

And it's this pretentious bollocks that makes your lot look silly.

You'd be absolutely over the moon if you had achieved what we have over the past five years especially given your poor history in the football standing. For any club of our size to not only survive but be a solid PL side for the time we've done is remarkable. If we had spent a shit load of money then of course it's not as great as we make out but it is. Before you respond with Benteke, Townsend etc just take a look at our net spend. We sold Bolasie for 30M which is a 29.5M profit, not to forget the money and success made on Murray and Zaha all fundamental from our Championship days. Whereas you spent silly money and wages on the likes of Mackail Smith and Vicente. Maybe if you lot pull your head out of your arses once in a while the rest of the footballing nation might not see you lot as much a joke as we do at present.

There's no right or wrong way, it's the kind of tosh that is only expected from middle class toffs from Sussex.

Ash
01-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Bet your house he can't answer those questions, the pillock

Eagleinsussex
01-06-2017, 04:15 PM

So far up your arse it's quite unreal, more insights from the Bwighton bwubble people

thereichstuff
01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Bet your house he can't answer those questions, the pillock

I bet he does :supergrin:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
01-06-2017, 07:57 PM
When both clubs were in the Championship, they wagged their fingers at us, telling us they were going to do everything 'the right way'.

We had the gall to get promoted (of course, in the opinion of the Brighton fans, we made the mistake of doing it too quickly, thereby guaranteeing an immediate relegation. We also apparently committed the other cardinal sin of being promoted via the playoffs, which in their world of utopian perfection is for some reason deemed unacceptable).

They of course elected to keep deliberately failing in the playoffs in hilarious fashion, such was the stand they wanted to make against this ridiculous concept. No - to Brighton, getting promoted via the playoffs with a team of modestly priced/free agent signings and youth players, all while making a profit - is typically Palace, and not the way to do things at all.

Years later, tens of millions of pounds in losses, and an FFP busting final hurrah of overpriced signings later, Brighton finally achieve their goal - the right way.

Us humble Palace fans can only look on in awe as we await to be condescendingly shown how it's supposed to be done in the PL. Expect a sparkling brand of free flowing, goal laden football, Dunky imperious like a modern day Beckenbauer. All done in a fiscally sustainable fashion, as the conveyor belt of talent from the academy is gently filtered into the first team. Tony gets his money all but paid back in no time - they're ******* swimming in cash! The Amex holds almost 30000 people! 30000!

Either that, or behind all the deluded air freshener they spray around their club, the stench of Tony's dependent crack whore club bleeding him dry will once again be apparent in everybody's nostrils but their own as they desperately throw more hypocritically good money after bad.

bestperch
01-06-2017, 08:26 PM
When both clubs were in the Championship, they wagged their fingers at us, telling us they were going to do everything 'the right way'.

We had the gall to get promoted (of course, in the opinion of the Brighton fans, we made the mistake of doing it too quickly, thereby guaranteeing an immediate relegation. We also apparently committed the other cardinal sin of being promoted via the playoffs, which in their world of utopian perfection is for some reason deemed unacceptable).

They of course elected to keep deliberately failing in the playoffs in hilarious fashion, such was the stand they wanted to make against this ridiculous concept. No - to Brighton, getting promoted via the playoffs with a team of modestly priced/free agent signings and youth players, all while making a profit - is typically Palace, and not the way to do things at all.

Years later, tens of millions of pounds in losses, and an FFP busting final hurrah of overpriced signings later, Brighton finally achieve their goal - the right way.

Us humble Palace fans can only look on in awe as we await to be condescendingly shown how it's supposed to be done in the PL. Expect a sparkling brand of free flowing, goal laden football, Dunky imperious like a modern day Beckenbauer. All done in a fiscally sustainable fashion, as the conveyor belt of talent from the academy is gently filtered into the first team. Tony gets his money all but paid back in no time - they're ******* swimming in cash! The Amex holds almost 30000 people! 30000!

Either that, or behind all the deluded air freshener they spray around their club, the stench of Tony's dependent crack whore club bleeding him dry will once again be apparent in everybody's nostrils but their own as they desperately throw more hypocritically good money after bad.
Couldn't rep again but superb.:p

Pidster
02-06-2017, 08:04 AM

Marvelous stuff.

BTW Did you notice that Palace had paid back some of the loans that the director's made. The Gargoyle must be "well jel".

Vince Hilaire's Afro
02-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Marvelous stuff.

BTW Did you notice that Palace had paid back some of the loans that the director's made. The Gargoyle must be "well jel".

We could have probably bought a player or two with that money, or at least artificially massaged FFP figures with it to enable further spending.

Instead, yet again, CPFC does the right thing

matbha
02-06-2017, 02:07 PM
We could have probably bought a player or two with that money, or at least artificially massaged FFP figures with it to enable further spending.

Instead, yet again, CPFC does the right thing

Yet again? bankrupt twice ,still keep doing the right thing
:clown:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
02-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Yet again? bankrupt twice ,still keep doing the right thing
:clown:

How pitiful for Brighton that a club you still try to demonise for the past indiscretions of incompetent owners is showing you up so shamefully in terms of how to be run with financial responsibility.

matbha
02-06-2017, 02:21 PM
How pitiful for Brighton that a club you still try to demonise for the past indiscretions of incompetent owners is showing you up so shamefully in terms of how to be run with financial responsibility.

Its a first for you lot to be fair:)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
02-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Crystal Palace have consistently achieved more than Brighton, both on and off the pitch. Not sure why you have an alternative perception to this obvious reality.

Coastal Palace
02-06-2017, 02:44 PM

We've never surrendered our ground like you have.

matbha
02-06-2017, 02:54 PM
:S:We've never surrendered our ground like you have.

:S::S::S::S:

mpfn
02-06-2017, 03:20 PM
40 million losses last season, Penguin doing it the wight way.

thereichstuff
02-06-2017, 03:49 PM
40 million losses last season, Penguin doing it the wight way.

That will come out of the windfall .

Ash
02-06-2017, 03:54 PM
300m+ debt. Doing it the right way

Eagleinsussex
02-06-2017, 04:47 PM
:S:

Truth hurts Weedy

Vince Hilaire's Afro
02-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Truth hurts Weedy

I thought it was a graphic illustration of the crowd at the Gallstone while Archer snuck in and stole their stadium

Big Gav
02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Truth hurts Weedy

They don't like it up em. Well they do actually :)

Eagleinsussex
02-06-2017, 07:19 PM
I thought it was a graphic illustration of the crowd at the Gallstone while Archer snuck in and stole their stadium

:supergrin:

Eagleinsussex
02-06-2017, 07:19 PM
They don't like it up em. Well they do actually :)

Lol :lux:

palacemetros
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Couldn't rep again but superb.:p

I've done it for ya!

palacemetros
02-06-2017, 08:03 PM

That's right. They stole it while you were sleeping.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
02-06-2017, 08:04 PM

:p

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
02-06-2017, 11:29 PM
To be honest it was a dig at palace fans who use the saying there are teachers and there are pupils know your place. You guys have been in the premier league for five seasons and yet we don't want to do it the palace way (thankfully). All the rules and values go out of the window when Sky dangle the best part of 200m under your nose. Before you judge us on doing it the 'Palace way' wait and see what compromises your lot are prepared to make when you are in a corner with no other way out... :)

Penstone Eagle
03-06-2017, 06:20 AM

:D

Spiderman
03-06-2017, 09:00 AM

Exactly how I feel when you bleat on about 2 administrations, not paying back local businesses, bigger gates, better run club etc. Can't you see the irony in your response:wallbash:

RazorsEdge
03-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Exactly how I feel when you bleat on about 2 administrations, not paying back local businesses, bigger gates, better run club etc. Can't you see the irony in your response:wallbash:

Weeds don't dig irony :)

rhiannapaul
08-06-2017, 04:53 PM
enjoy your 1 season
after 34 years

Jaserob
08-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Hello Palace fans,

Are you talking about Chelsea, or your second team?

therethere
13-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Can't really name anyone since CMS we've bought that was overpriced. Delightfully nuanced prose as usual - attracting you the usual crop of sycophants :) but don't you ever get bored of it? ...wait, what am I saying?!

grand aigle
14-06-2017, 05:50 AM

Can you just enlighten me andy, what exactly is the 'Palace way'? How does it differ from the Bwighton way??

Coastal Palace
14-06-2017, 06:03 AM
...wait, what am I saying?!

If you don't know then what chance have we got?

thereichstuff
14-06-2017, 06:40 AM
Can't really name anyone since CMS we've bought that was overpriced. Delightfully nuanced prose as usual - attracting you the usual crop of sycophants :) but don't you ever get bored of it? ...wait, what am I saying?!

I don't know botty , what are you saying ?

therethere
16-08-2017, 06:04 PM
That "welcome to the Amex" post from the Citeh forum is a Palace troll is what I'm saying.

Based on a developing myth of a kind of "arch ponce" - someone who misses a core point in the tradition of football - someone effete and "other"... which makes working class football men tremble that their game is being taken away from them, hence why it endures and frightens fans on both sides of the squabble that it may be real.

A sophisticated troll - congratulations are in order you have great swathes of NSC throwing up into their locally sourced fine Sussex ales

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-08-2017, 06:25 PM
That "welcome to the Amex" post from the Citeh forum is a Palace troll is what I'm saying.

Based on a developing myth of a kind of "arch ponce" - someone who misses a core point in the tradition of football - someone effete and "other"... which makes working class football men tremble that their game is being taken away from them, hence why it endures and frightens fans on both sides of the squabble that it may be real.

A sophisticated troll - congratulations are in order you have great swathes of NSC throwing up into their locally sourced fine Sussex ales

Gimp

therethere
16-08-2017, 08:44 PM
no u