PDA

View Full Version : Transgender sports participation

spike
30-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Are there any standard rules / policies over participation in women's sports by transgendered individuals?

I ask as my daughter played in a women's cricket game yesterday and 2 of the opposition looked as if they were 40+ year old transwomen.
It was very confusing as one of them was the wicketkeeper and called out the bowling changes in a voice deeper than mine. Thankfully they were no better than the rest of the team, but would their previous history possibly be an unfair advantage?

Leopald Stotch
30-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Are there any standard rules / policies over participation in women's sports by transgendered individuals?

I ask as my daughter played in a women's cricket game yesterday and 2 of the opposition looked as if they were 40+ year old transwomen.
It was very confusing as one of them was the wicketkeeper and called out the bowling changes in a voice deeper than mine. Thankfully they were no better than the rest of the team, but would their previous history possibly be an unfair advantage?

Can i suggest you adopt the Paul Hogan in 'Crocodile Dundee' approach :supergrin:.

Micky Droy
30-05-2017, 11:51 AM

Do you think they might have changed genders just so they could get into the first XI?

spike
30-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Do you think they might have changed genders just so they could get into the first XI?

Possibly, the wicket-keeper was very aggressive and can't have been taking her hormones.
It was not behaviour becoming of a lady.

windy
30-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Did she knock out the middle stump and take the bails off?

spike
30-05-2017, 02:02 PM

Remarkably, I found this story (http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/catherine-mcgregors-pitch-for-the-big-bash-at-60-boosted-by-win-in-first-cricket-match/news-story/b355c2a7f7f52d903523ef11ac1ec626) with a single Google search.

Il Padrino
30-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Did she manage to bowl a maiden over?

Bubble Wrap
30-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Bet they get confused at what side they are actually batting for.