PDA

View Full Version : FSF - CPFC Supporters Trust

karl.eldridge
14-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Has any of the CPFC Supporters Trust read this?

http://fsf.org.uk/blog/view/fans-respond-to-201718-pl-fixtures

Can we please back this.

Martinsleftpeg
14-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Seconded some of the midweek fixtures beggar belief it's like a form of Chinese torture

Dorking .Eagle
14-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Didn't think things were too bad for us this time around - only midweek aways are West Ham and Br*ghton (possible to get to both even after work for most), Boxing day is a home London derby, and Watford come to us midweek. Seemed alright for a change.

Martinsleftpeg
14-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Didn't think things were too bad for us this time around - only midweek aways are West Ham and Br*ghton (possible to get to both even after work for most), Boxing day is a home London derby, and Watford come to us midweek. Seemed alright for a change.

Ok for us but I was looking at Bournemouth and Newcastle fixtures mainly

Dorking .Eagle
14-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Ok for us but I was looking at Bournemouth and Newcastle fixtures mainly

In Newcastle's case in particular, their geography, and the fact that the 3 teams relegated would have been their nearest neighbours in the division hasn't helped.

Of course we had Sunderland as a midweek game a couple of seasons ago, there's always stuff like this.

Once or twice a season you expect fixtures that are a pain in the are, be they league or cup.

For me, it is more annoying when long distance weekend games get moved by TV to Monday or Friday nights, when other more local fixtures could have been selected

Martinsleftpeg
15-06-2017, 07:14 AM
In Newcastle's case in particular, their geography, and the fact that the 3 teams relegated would have been their nearest neighbours in the division hasn't helped.

Of course we had Sunderland as a midweek game a couple of seasons ago, there's always stuff like this.

Once or twice a season you expect fixtures that are a pain in the are, be they league or cup.

For me, it is more annoying when long distance weekend games get moved by TV to Monday or Friday nights, when other more local fixtures could have been selected

Agreed. The success of southern teams won't help northern outposts this season

CP Satellite
15-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Bit embarrasing in my view that no Palace supporters group have backed this initiative, it's important to show solidarity with all supporters groups on this matter to make sure the big players like Sky and the PL know they are pushing these ridiculous kick off times and late re-arranged fixtures way too far beyond reason.

It does show that the majority of Palace's away support is independent of both CPFC and any of the various supporters groups we have - the days when the Supporters Club used to organise and steward both train and coach travel are way off in the past now - which I think is a shame as a more organised approach might get Palace fans a better deal on train fares at least - the Club coaches to away matches are almost farcically bad for most matches -that's on top of the inconvenience of re-arranged fixtures.

Dorking .Eagle
15-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Palace's (away) support is spread far and wide across the South East - for the more London based fans, the train is most logical, for those outside the M25, the car is commonly used.

Only a minority of the away numbers use the coaches, even when free, it's not always about the cost, but about the time taken, convenience and reliability

PISA died (well was merged with the Trust) because we don't really feel we need groups like this most of the time

orp pisshead1
15-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Seconded some of the midweek fixtures beggar belief it's like a form of Chinese torture

Have long thought mid week games with more than say 75 miles between the teams should be banned. Maybe even less given there's enough derby fixtures around on the whole.

Dorking .Eagle
15-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Have long thought mid week games with more than say 75 miles between the teams should be banned. Maybe even less given there's enough derby fixtures around on the whole.

Don't disagree however Newcastle's nearest fixture is what? Huddersfield, 125 miles away.

orp pisshead1
15-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Don't disagree however Newcastle's nearest fixture is what? Huddersfield, 125 miles away.

That's why i said on the whole ;). Always upset someone but one is way better than most. And toon have a large southern base support.

RobertCPFC
15-06-2017, 08:59 PM
That's why i said on the whole ;). Always upset someone but one is way better than most. And toon have a large southern base support.

When I lived in Medway and was travelling back from the game (early 2015) the train from Victoria into Kent had lots of Newcastle fans on it. The only other time there were more opposition fans was after we beat Charlton and it was full of disappointed supporters.

orp pisshead1
15-06-2017, 09:23 PM
When I lived in Medway and was travelling back from the game (early 2015) the train from Victoria into Kent had lots of Newcastle fans on it. The only other time there were more opposition fans was after we beat Charlton and it was full of disappointed supporters.

Shame :D. That's my point it isn't right re long distance midweek games but for the toon at least they won't suffer numbers wise as loads down here. Everton are another with a genuine large southern based support.

johnnybacaro
18-06-2017, 11:00 PM
well done. Though I am not sure what can be done about the newcastle point. Their travel will be back no matter what due to declining number of northern PL clubs.

Louis
18-06-2017, 11:41 PM
It will be tough to negotiate because as I understand it TV revenue provides a large percentage of clubs' income. Inconvenient kick off times are one of the costs of this I suppose.

davech
19-06-2017, 09:16 AM
well done. Though I am not sure what can be done about the newcastle point. Their travel will be back no matter what due to declining number of northern PL clubs.

Build a new ground at Milton Keynes?

Palace_Akie
19-06-2017, 10:22 AM

Guarantee Everton away will get moved to a Monday night or something. Always seem to play night games there with only around 1,000 travelling support.

At least you can plan well in advance for the midweeks already listed.