PDA

View Full Version : Visiting from abroad - What do I need to buy 4 tickets?

sstackho
14-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Hello. I'm looking to buy my first Palace tickets in, oh, 16 years or so. Ticket buying appears to be much more complicated these days. My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere in the forums, but I couldn't find it.

Do I need to purchase one Silver Membership in order to be able to purchase 4 tickets for a non-A+ match?

Or are there easier means to secure tickets for a single match, such as the Ticket Trading forum here?

Billyd
14-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Just ask someone on here to sort you out. Membership basically a tax on prices.

johnnybacaro
14-06-2017, 07:18 PM
if you have a membership, you can also buy on twickets.

However, to set expectations, the chances of getting 4 seats next to each (or even 2) are virtually null except for a cup match.

ebyeeckeagle
14-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Its a bit complex. Depends on how popular a fixture is, but there are actually not many tickets available each match, so they are sold on the basis of 'points' (earned through ticket purchases and gnomes). Often only one ticket per member but sometimes 2.

Not great if planning a trip. Being a member is useful to access the new resale site, which could help. Or check on here. 4 tickets could be a problem.

Davey P
15-06-2017, 01:30 AM
Hello. I'm looking to buy my first Palace tickets in, oh, 16 years or so. Ticket buying appears to be much more complicated these days. My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere in the forums, but I couldn't find it.

Do I need to purchase one Silver Membership in order to be able to purchase 4 tickets for a non-A+ match?

Or are there easier means to secure tickets for a single match, such as the Ticket Trading forum here?

Can we assume that it's Man Utd or Liverpool tickets that you need?

Twilko
15-06-2017, 02:15 AM
if you have a membership, you can also buy on twickets.

However, to set expectations, the chances of getting 4 seats next to each (or even 2) are virtually null except for a cup match.

I don't think he'd have any problem getting two. I got 3 against Burnley and 2 against Spurs (2 was the maximum I was allowed for that game). You might be right about 4 though.

Ardent Eagle Forever
15-06-2017, 06:11 AM
Ensure that all your party are members would be a good way to go. When are you flying over from the other side of the pond?

orp pisshead1
15-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Just ask someone on here to sort you out. Membership basically a tax on prices.

This all day long ^^^^^^^^.

orp pisshead1
15-06-2017, 03:42 PM

Dave why take this attitude? The poster has been on here for 16 years so not a tourist.

Wolfnipplechips
15-06-2017, 03:44 PM

Can we assume that you're going to act the arsehole on every thread?

in-exile
15-06-2017, 03:52 PM

Or are there easier means to secure tickets for a single match, such as the Ticket Trading forum here?What match are you over for? Some here might be able to help.

RCUK
15-06-2017, 03:54 PM
https://www.twickets.live/

These guys are Palace's official resale partners - keep an eye on the site as tickets do come up.

Also if youve posted enough, put up a wanted tickets thing in the ticket forum here.

Les Butler
15-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Can we assume that you're going to act the arsehole on every thread?

He has been banned twice before so as Davey P he will not be.

sstackho
15-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Thanks all! Very helpful. I did find Twickets, but "there is a per-buyer limit of two tickets per match." That seems limiting.

And you're both right - I'm officially coming as a tourist this time, though I hope 16 years of off-and-on BBS-ing grants me some non-tourist status. I lived in Sutton for a year back in 2001.

The timing is looking promising for the Swansea match in August. So not exactly a glamour match. Though I would get to see a Wayne Routledge that has doubled in age since I last saw him.

I might be able to get by with 3 tickets - though that might cost me dear if the missus goes shopping instead.

ebyeeckeagle
15-06-2017, 08:14 PM
That could be okay. Without looking, the problem with some matches tends to be if they are twinned with an *A match which means they sell quickly. However, it means they do come up for resale quite a lot, funnily enough!

orp pisshead1
15-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Thanks all! Very helpful. I did find Twickets, but "there is a per-buyer limit of two tickets per match." That seems limiting.

And you're both right - I'm officially coming as a tourist this time, though I hope 16 years of off-and-on BBS-ing grants me some non-tourist status. I lived in Sutton for a year back in 2001.

The timing is looking promising for the Swansea match in August. So not exactly a glamour match. Though I would get to see a Wayne Routledge that has doubled in age since I last saw him.

I might be able to get by with 3 tickets - though that might cost me dear if the missus goes shopping instead.

But your a proper fan not a plastic :p. August is also prime holiday season so expect a fair few tickets available for re sale:)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
15-06-2017, 09:51 PM

The fact it is the August Bank Hol may help too - there will be a lot of people away on holiday I suspect and it's not a glamorous game either.

sstackho
16-06-2017, 02:46 AM
Excellent. So some people post their tickets here on the BBS, and anyone else is able to use these tickets? Are they printable PDF tickets, or hard copy?

Oli28
16-06-2017, 04:49 AM
Excellent. So some people post their tickets here on the BBS, and anyone else is able to use these tickets? Are they printable PDF tickets, or hard copy?
People say they have a spare, you contact them to see if they still have/are willing to sell you it. Sometimes e-tickets, sometimes regular where you meet them before the game. Look at the tickets trading forum below this one to see how it works.

AddoWolz
16-06-2017, 05:21 AM
Become an international member , it will cost you a little bit more but it is the easiest and best option for you , when you join up tell them what game/ games you are coming over for and they may be able to sort you out there and then , believe me it's the best option for overseas visitors , good luck mate .

Bangkok Eagle
16-06-2017, 06:07 AM
Become an international member , it will cost you a little bit more but it is the easiest and best option for you , when you join up tell them what game/ games you are coming over for and they may be able to sort you out there and then , believe me it's the best option for overseas visitors , good luck mate .

Yep, would second this. I did so last year and got guaranteed tickets for the game of my choice. Think it's two tickets for Cat A games and four for Cat B.

hdeagle
16-06-2017, 08:01 AM
With Palace having 18,000 season ticket holders and over 5,000 members there are now very few tickets available to non-members and gone are the days when you could just pay on the day at a turnstile.

To keep ticket touts from getting their hands on tickets Palace have these ticket restrictions which ensure that there is a far better chance for genuine fans to be in attendance at Palace matches than those that have bought tickets from unscrupulous sources.

Palace had a season average of 95.7% of the ground capacity being filled at home games.

You have a far better chance of being able to get Palace tickets if you become a club member.

chelmsfordeagle
16-06-2017, 08:12 AM
It is a pain getting tickets since we went up. I'm lucky in that i know 8 season ticket holders and often one of them can't attend when i am over or they can get me a ticket. Good luck.

sstackho
16-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Thanks. I rang the box office and it sounds like with an International membership that I would probably be able to buy 4 tickets for a B match. That's probably the path of least resistance.

Not sure how much choice there would be, but any suggestions on where to sit for a loud atmosphere, keeping in mind that I'll have a couple of 9-year-olds in tow? I'm pretty sure my Holmesdale Block B days are behind me, but I don't want to sit in the family stand if it's dead. Atmosphere/singing is a big draw here. These boys are used to being in the supporters' sections at football matches - if you consider MLS as football anyway!

AddoWolz
16-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Pretty much all of the holmesdale is sold out to season ticket holders so I'd say go for block Y of the Arthur towards the front .

petertaylor11
19-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Yep, would second this. I did so last year and got guaranteed tickets for the game of my choice. Think it's two tickets for Cat A games and four for Cat B.

It does say 'subject to availability'. All I want is a guaranteed ticket against the seaweed and I'm happy.

45GBP seems a bit steep for International Membership, but there are some extras I suppose. I have no problem in joining, but will be to go to one game. Which I want a nailed on guarantee of.

I have a couple of ST holding mates, but I'm assuming none of their group are going to miss it.

Yoda
19-06-2017, 02:54 PM
It does say 'subject to availability'. All I want is a guaranteed ticket against the seaweed and I'm happy.

45GBP seems a bit steep for International Membership, but there are some extras I suppose. I have no problem in joining, but will be to go to one game. Which I want a nailed on guarantee of.

I have a couple of ST holding mates, but I'm assuming none of their group are going to miss it.

Your best chance might be asking/begging a ST mate to buy a ticket for you for Brighton? They might be higher up the pecking order for sales than a member.

As I'm sure you'll understand, Brighton is going to be a v popular fixture!