colin_cork
19-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Linfield vs celtic on the 12th July
What could possibly go wrong

saxoneagle
19-06-2017, 12:17 PM

Linfield could lose in the first round and everyone could be wetting their pants over nothing?

elgin eagle
19-06-2017, 12:41 PM

Sounds like mayhem.

ebyeeckeagle
19-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Its waned a wee bit over the last decade I think but there is still that stupid 'Blues Brothers' bollocks on show occasionally.

PalaceNI
19-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Won't be played on the 12th. PSNI won't have it, a few rumours from local journalists that it'll be played on the 11th with an early kick off. Although that may still cause quite a few problems.

Anyway, 'Mon the Celts :D

PalaceNI
24-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Confirmed if the game goes ahead will be played on the 14th. Celtic won't take any tickets. Can't believe they've bottled it coming here but after recent years I suppose you can't really blame them.

Latvian Eagle
24-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Confirmed if the game goes ahead will be played on the 14th. Celtic won't take any tickets. Can't believe they've bottled it coming here but after recent years I suppose you can't really blame them.

Surely just best all around to avoid any trouble?

Mr Mojo Risin
24-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Linfield could lose in the first round and everyone could be wetting their pants over nothing?

Tbf they only have to beat the champions of San Marino.

PalaceNI
24-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Surely just best all around to avoid any trouble?

The games on the 14th so 'orangefest' as they call it will be over. Celtic have a big following here that travel back and forward to Parkhead, surely they could have even gotten tickets? Personally think they've done it incase there is any trouble they cannot be blamed.

Selhurst Celtic
24-06-2017, 03:59 PM
The games on the 14th so 'orangefest' as they call it will be over. Celtic have a big following here that travel back and forward to Parkhead, surely they could have even gotten tickets? Personally think they've done it incase there is any trouble they cannot be blamed.

I reckon that's exactly why the club refused the tickets. The supporters groups were all up for going, especially the Irish groups as it would be the handiest trip for them.

Sharkba1t
25-06-2017, 06:30 AM
It would have been very messy. Best decision by Celtic not to take the tickets. Wonder how many Linfield take to the return leg.

PalaceNI
25-06-2017, 08:12 AM
It wouldn't have been. I live right beside Windsor Park, it's easily accessible to bring away fans in like they do when we (their biggest rivals) or Cliftonville (a catholic following team) play there. It's been blown well out of proportion. I'd be confident in saying Celtic aren't taking tickets due to the amount of fines and warnings their fans have racked up in the last few years in Europe, and a game like this would more than likely bring even more.

Linfield will bring the 6k they're entitled to over to Glasgow I'd imagine.

colin_cork
25-06-2017, 08:13 AM
We travelled up last season with Cork City for Europa league qualifier. No trouble whatsoever. Don't Celtic trust their fans?

Seba
25-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Gutted that Dundalk didn't get Croatian champions Rijeka in the qualifying round. Was out there in May and the ground is in an awesome setting down on the coast.

http://www.botel-marina.com/_cache/bc111ce6b96ebc1d1a3db0cb104cdd9c.jpg

Selhurst Celtic
25-06-2017, 01:22 PM
We travelled up last season with Cork City for Europa league qualifier. No trouble whatsoever. Don't Celtic trust their fans?

The Celtic hierarchy obviously don't trust their fans. Numerous fines from UEFA in previous seasons does back that up I suppose.

A fixture in Belfast at the end of June is also a bit different from a game that was originally scheduled for the 12th of July. Plus I suspect the attendance would be a wee bit more that the 2,000 that were in Windsor Park that day for the Cork City fixture.

Personally I think the club officials have made a mistake in not taking tickets.

PalaceNI
25-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Gutted that Dundalk didn't get Croatian champions Rijeka in the qualifying round. Was out there in May and the ground is in an awesome setting down on the coast.

http://www.botel-marina.com/_cache/bc111ce6b96ebc1d1a3db0cb104cdd9c.jpg

They don't play there anymore unfortunately!

Seba
25-06-2017, 04:29 PM
They don't play there anymore unfortunately!

They playing in the one just up the hill? I heard they were moving back to that one.

PalaceNI
25-06-2017, 04:37 PM
They playing in the one just up the hill? I heard they were moving back to that one.

Yea, it's not to far away. I could be wrong but I think the stadium in above picture is being demolished, and the new stadium has just been built recently so I couldn't see them moving back.

waddoneagle
25-06-2017, 04:41 PM
It wouldn't have been. I live right beside Windsor Park, it's easily accessible to bring away fans in like they do when we (their biggest rivals) or Cliftonville (a catholic following team) play there. It's been blown well out of proportion. I'd be confident in saying Celtic aren't taking tickets due to the amount of fines and warnings their fans have racked up in the last few years in Europe, and a game like this would more than likely bring even more.

Linfield will bring the 6k they're entitled to over to Glasgow I'd imagine.

Thats because the Glens rule over Binfield FTB

meee
27-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Europa FC(from Gibraltar) beat TNS away!

Selhurst Celtic
04-07-2017, 07:56 PM
There's some wonderful names in the bag for the next round; Videotown, Vikingur Gota etc.

Does anyone know where Progres Niederkorn is?

art malice
04-07-2017, 08:00 PM
There's some wonderful names in the bag for the next round; Videotown, Vikingur Gota etc.

Rick Wakeman's colon

Nicebitofgreen
04-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Season ruined in the first week of July.

Devo
04-07-2017, 09:23 PM

Luxembourg, Niederkorns population is 1872.

west country boy
04-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Nothing from the huns on this thread?

Chillo
05-07-2017, 06:18 AM

I know where it is .................... in the next round of the Europa league :lux:

..................................... unlike Rangers :clown::clown:

Fancy losing to the fourth best team in the Luxerbourg league?! :supergrin::supergrin:

Scifo
14-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Linfield v Celtic just started. No reputable channels showing it so there's a dodgy version on youtube
8XBwBlEc1AI

Selhurst Celtic
20-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Hard luck to Dundalk last night. Squeezed out after extra time. They would have played Celtic had they won. The mighty Sheriff Tiraspol march on though.