PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Ajax / Dutch

Grabber
23-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Anyone know anything about Ajax or Dutch players Frank worked with that I can get childishly excited about while waiting for confirmation...?
Or Inter rejects...anything really can't bear this waiting business.
Ta.

Herb
23-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Amin Younes (Ajax)
Miranda and Handanovic (Inter)

Handanovic might become available if they sign Szczency and Miranda might be impossible, but why not

sky dancer
23-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Football london "linking" Joel Veltman & Siem De Jong. Both make sense.

Grabber
23-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Younes looks tasty although the defending on the video looks Mickey Mouse. Maybe it's him...
Hope so.
Onto the other two.

PeckhamSpring
23-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Veltman is a quality RB.

Palaceborn
23-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Was thinking of making a thread like this looking at possible players he might look at, so here is a list I was thinking about:

Goalkeeper:
Jasper Cillessen - Barcelona 2nd keeper only played 1 game in La Liga and probably another handful in other competitions. Quite unrealistic as he joined last summer.
Kenneth Vermeer - Feyenoord keeper who just won the league, played under De Boer at Ajax. He is now 30 so probably not in De Boer's young player policy.

Right Backs:
van der Wiel - At Fenerbahce who didn't qualify for the Champions League but have got a qualifying game to get into the Europa League. Is 28 so again not so young.
Ricardo van Rhijn - Moved to Club Brugge last summer for less then 2m from Ajax. Only 25 so could be a possible target with his age, but will they sell? Won Belgium Cup.

Centre Backs:
Joel Veltman - Still at Ajax who was outstanding last season. Centre Back can also play at Right Back. Been linked as mentioned in previous post.

Attacking Midfield:
Siem De Jong - Newcastle want to offload, did amazing in his younger years under De Boer. Still only 27 so could still do a job in midfield, would Newcastle would want much?
Bojan - Did very well while on loan from Barcelona under him, and wasn't in the plans of Hughes in the 2nd half of last season. Could he be tempted to switch?
Ever Benega - Seen reports that he wants to leave Inter, but is linked with better clubs like Sevilla. Don't know if there would be any Inter players to look at.

Winger:
Viktor Fisher - Sold to Middlesborough last season and only got 9 games before injury. Now they have been relegated might want to return to the PL
Lasse Schone - Another winger who did wonders under him, still at Ajax and getting on a bit at 31 so not sure if he would be a target.

moniker11
24-06-2017, 05:27 AM
Not Dutch but excelled there last year Matt Miazga CB, belongs to Chelsea, played great at Vitesse on loan last season. He's only 21 and should be available for less than 10m. He wasn't bought by Conte and he's probably far enough down the pecking order than they'd be willing to sell him no problem.

Herb
24-06-2017, 05:46 AM
Nathan Ake too maybe?

CharlieCPFC
24-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Jasper Cillessen
Kenny Tete
Joel Veltman
Siem De Jong

st albans
24-06-2017, 06:17 AM
I've supported us since about 1990 and cannot remember a single Dutch player (Davids aside) that has played for us. Was there anyone else?

st albans
24-06-2017, 06:20 AM

Jim Cannon
24-06-2017, 06:24 AM
I've supported us since about 1990 and cannot remember a single Dutch player (Davids aside) that has played for us. Was there anyone else?

Kemy Augustien

PVA

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-06-2017, 06:25 AM
Kemy Augustien

PVA

You googled it too Jim! :supergrin:

Jim Cannon
24-06-2017, 06:29 AM
You googled it too Jim! :supergrin:

Couldn't remember Augustien's name. Then I thought Duh, we also currently have a dutch player......

spt1978
24-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Jereon Boere (spelling?), signed from West Ham if I remember correctly.

Edit: just googled him, he has now passed away in quite sad circumstances.

Nigelbrag
24-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Jasper Cillessen
Kenny Tete
Joel Veltman
Siem De Jong

I would say these names are realistic and achievable targets.

16eagles
24-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Was thinking of making a thread like this looking at possible players he might look at, so here is a list I was thinking about:

Goalkeeper:
Jasper Cillessen - Barcelona 2nd keeper only played 1 game in La Liga and probably another handful in other competitions. Quite unrealistic as he joined last summer.
Kenneth Vermeer - Feyenoord keeper who just won the league, played under De Boer at Ajax. He is now 30 so probably not in De Boer's young player policy.

Right Backs:
van der Wiel - At Fenerbahce who didn't qualify for the Champions League but have got a qualifying game to get into the Europa League. Is 28 so again not so young.
Ricardo van Rhijn - Moved to Club Brugge last summer for less then 2m from Ajax. Only 25 so could be a possible target with his age, but will they sell? Won Belgium Cup.

Centre Backs:
Joel Veltman - Still at Ajax who was outstanding last season. Centre Back can also play at Right Back. Been linked as mentioned in previous post.

Attacking Midfield:
Siem De Jong - Newcastle want to offload, did amazing in his younger years under De Boer. Still only 27 so could still do a job in midfield, would Newcastle would want much?
Bojan - Did very well while on loan from Barcelona under him, and wasn't in the plans of Hughes in the 2nd half of last season. Could he be tempted to switch?
Ever Benega - Seen reports that he wants to leave Inter, but is linked with better clubs like Sevilla. Don't know if there would be any Inter players to look at.

Winger:
Viktor Fisher - Sold to Middlesborough last season and only got 9 games before injury. Now they have been relegated might want to return to the PL
Lasse Schone - Another winger who did wonders under him, still at Ajax and getting on a bit at 31 so not sure if he would be a target.

Decent post..If we sign Ever Banega i will jump for joy..saying VDW not to young is ridiculous arguably coming into his peak. These 2 and Cillessen would be only ones who could improve us.

Elma fudd
24-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Kasper dolberg

Palaceborn
24-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Decent post..If we sign Ever Banega i will jump for joy..saying VDW not to young is ridiculous arguably coming into his peak. These 2 and Cillessen would be only ones who could improve us.

Haha saying not too young because of what was said with him looking for players between 20 and 25!

Latvian Eagle
24-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Ever Banega would never come. He moved to Inter before they appointed FdB manager then spent most of the time he was in charge on the bench.

Plus he wants to move back to Sevilla as it is his "home" as he was quoted in the press this week.

CPFC_Fan
24-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Is Handanovic any good? We all know we need an upgrade on Hennessey.

Latvian Eagle
24-06-2017, 09:40 AM

He is. But he is prone to a touch of the "leave it" and often doesn't dive for lost causes which you will see a lot of top top keepers go for.

16eagles
24-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Haha saying not too young because of what was said with him looking for players between 20 and 25!

Oh ok, well hope that's not necessary the case.

24-06-2017, 09:53 AM

Goalkeeper:

Right Backs:

Centre Backs:

Attacking Midfield:

Winger:

Makes sense to have left out Kasper Dolberg from your list what with Barca/Man Utd/Man City sniffing round, apparently latest is he wants to stay at Ajax for another season, which is a good idea for him/Denmark at this stage.

eaglebhoy
24-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Good thread topic. I came here to champion precocious former Ajax CM Riechedly Bazoer who is currently at Wolfsburg and only 20 yet has 6 Full Dutch caps.

spt1978
24-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Jairo Riedewald seems to get mentioned a lot and is a left footed CB. Saying that I have never seen him play and am not sure that all these young Dutch internationals are going to start signing for us!

aashman12
25-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Would like to add Quincy promes to this list. Fantastic winger in the bolasie mould bit with a great eye for goal.

TheCharmer1
25-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Bojan would be perfect, just what we need when he was on form.
Wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at Jansen at Spurs too. Fits the brief

Palaceborn
25-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Makes sense to have left out Kasper Dolberg from your list what with Barca/Man Utd/Man City sniffing round, apparently latest is he wants to stay at Ajax for another season, which is a good idea for him/Denmark at this stage.

Wanted to try and keep it as realistic as possible :p Even though I doubt Cillessen is!

Jim Cannon
25-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Bojan would be perfect, just what we need when he was on form.
Wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at Jansen at Spurs too. Fits the brief

I thought Bojan was a superstar in the making who got crocked and that is how he ended up at stoke. Good player but crocked

CPFC85
25-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Joel Veltman would bring more balance at right back. Far better technically than Ward.

Either Davvy Propper or Siem de Jong alongside Cabaye and Milivojević would be good.

Liam_Palace
25-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Daley Blind? de Boer worked with him for a few years at Ajax. Not a starter for United. Very good player and can play multiple positions. Can't see the fee being an issue.

Latvian Eagle
25-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Daley Blind? de Boer worked with him for a few years at Ajax. Not a starter for United. Very good player and can play multiple positions. Can't see the fee being an issue.

I would have him.

No doubt some on here would spout some crap that he isn't good enough for us though. :moo:

Can play Left Back, Centre Back or Centre Mid though, what's not to like?

And his old man played with FdB at Ajax and for the Netherlands.

Latvian Eagle
25-06-2017, 11:22 AM

http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=www.football-italia.net#article/footballitalia-104706&menu=news-all

CharlieCPFC
25-06-2017, 11:47 AM
I would have him.

No doubt some on here would spout some crap that he isn't good enough for us though. :moo:

Can play Left Back, Centre Back or Centre Mid though, what's not to like?

And his old man played with FdB at Ajax and for the Netherlands.

If there was any chance it's a no brainier. But I personally can't see the wankers selling cheap.

Jim Cannon
25-06-2017, 11:53 AM
If there was any chance it's a no brainier. But I personally can't see the wankers selling cheap.

I don't get the poster who said the fee would not be a problem

Latvian Eagle
25-06-2017, 11:55 AM
I don't get the poster who said the fee would not be a problem

Me neither. Bit odd. :moo:

Midge
25-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Justin klivert

RisZero
25-06-2017, 05:49 PM
I still like Ziyech (admittedly who i think just missed FDB) as competition for Puncheon. 11 goals and 16 assists between Ajax and Twente this season gone, still only 24. Plays "the Ajax way" clearly if thats something we are actually moving to.

CharlieCPFC
25-06-2017, 06:13 PM
I still like Ziyech (admittedly who i think just missed FDB) as competition for Puncheon. 11 goals and 16 assists between Ajax and Twente this season gone, still only 24. Plays "the Ajax way" clearly if thats something we are actually moving to.

Competition for Punch?

He'd walk into our team. He's a class act, I can't see him leaving to come to us, but he's most certainly the type of player we need. Someone who's got that cutting edge in the final third to both create and chip in with a few goals. Someone who can drive at a back four and cause havoc consistently.

As a said on another thread I think Adama Traore would be worth a punt for the right price. Has the DNA ingrained that we're looking to impose here.

RisZero
25-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Competition for Punch?

He'd walk into our team.

I was being polite to our captain

TheCharmer1
25-06-2017, 06:50 PM
if money is tight, i d go for ake at chelsea, on loan

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-06-2017, 06:58 PM

Isn't there talk Bournemouth will try to sign him on a permanent deal this summer?

Liam_Palace
25-06-2017, 07:06 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-ready-back-incoming-10687601.amp

Bit down the bottom about Joel Veltman, Ajax defender who is a target for de Boer.

bubbs11
25-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Anyone know anything about Ajax or Dutch players Frank worked with that I can get childishly excited about while waiting for confirmation...?
Or Inter rejects...anything really can't bear this waiting business.
Ta.

He played alongside Alan Hutton at Rangers. :)

keithywonder
25-06-2017, 09:44 PM
For 20m allegedly

DaveTuttles
25-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Wonder what our budget is?

Maidstone Eagle
25-06-2017, 11:20 PM
It makes sense FDB would look at Dutch players.

They generally have a good record of adapting to English football and almost always speak good English

Wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 younger Dutch players sign

Talk of Ajax defender is interesting.

Could be very positive

Far East Eagle
26-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Wonder what our budget is?

Should be a good few quid, id imagine 30m + wages + whatever you sell. Doubt de Boer would have accepted the job unless otherwise

Herb
26-06-2017, 11:15 AM

he'd be superb

veltman - dann - ake - pva

:sunglasses:

tsunamiman
26-06-2017, 12:04 PM
The Dutch league is probably one of the last places you can get really good players for not that much money. Hope FdB has some hidden gems he knows about.

tsunamiman
26-06-2017, 12:07 PM
I really like anita at Newcastle. He can play anywhere practically and is very good on the ball. Played for FdB at Ajax and is available on a free.

Pinkie Brown
26-06-2017, 12:34 PM

What about the one we have now? Patrick van Aanholt!

macstar
26-06-2017, 12:55 PM
I really like anita at Newcastle. He can play anywhere practically and is very good on the ball. Played for FdB at Ajax and is available on a free.

i thought the opposite to be honest, but maybe that is because Pardew was his boss at Newcastle.

AttackingM
26-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm a Dutchman and Ajax fan and dare to say I have quite a good view on the potential Ajax players FdB will bring along with him. I think Veltman can be a serious option. At Ajax we think he is an ok defender, but we have a better one behind him. Personally I'm no fan of Younes, so it would be great if you can take him ;).

I don't see any other Ajax players moving to CPFC at the moment. But there are some interesting players walking around in the Dutch league. Which positions do you need new players for?

Latvian Eagle
26-06-2017, 01:51 PM
FdB didn't sign one Dutch player for Inter.

Just pointing it out.

karl.eldridge
26-06-2017, 01:53 PM
FdB didn't sign one Dutch player for Inter.

Just pointing it out.

He didn't sign any players*

Wasn't it the owners who bought them.

Palaceborn
26-06-2017, 01:56 PM
He didn't sign any players*

Wasn't it the owners who bought them.

It was, then sacked him because he didn't play a 35m signing (probably losing half of his games didn't help)

Latvian Eagle
26-06-2017, 01:58 PM
It was, then sacked him because he didn't play a 35m signing (probably losing half of his games didn't help)

Even Pioli didn't play Gabigol though. Weird situation to be honest.

RisZero
26-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Never got the "Dutch manager instantly has an in with all dutch players" logic

If we had signed Woy would you think we instantly are first in line for every English transfer target?

chelmsfordeagle
26-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Never got the "Dutch manager instantly has an in with all dutch players" logic

If we had signed Woy would you think we instantly are first in line for every English transfer target?

Surely it is more that he is likely to have a excellent knowledge of the league and players. I'd be surprised if we aren't in for a player or two from the Dutch league this season.

webgard
26-06-2017, 08:42 PM

Last player I remember who could play anywhere and give the same level of performance was N'Daye

eaglebhoy
27-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm a Dutchman and Ajax fan and dare to say I have quite a good view on the potential Ajax players FdB will bring along with him. I think Veltman can be a serious option. At Ajax we think he is an ok defender, but we have a better one behind him. Personally I'm no fan of Younes, so it would be great if you can take him ;).

I don't see any other Ajax players moving to CPFC at the moment. But there are some interesting players walking around in the Dutch league. Which positions do you need new players for?

Thanks

We realistically need a dynamic (quick and athletic) RB, a promising CB, a technically effective CM and a willing backup CF, a good GK wouldn't hurt either !

Any suggestions from eredivisie ?

DARZET EAGLE
27-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Surely it is more that he is likely to have a excellent knowledge of the league and players. I'd be surprised if we aren't in for a player or two from the Dutch league this season.

Or Dutch players elsewhere in Euope.

SilentAssassin
28-06-2017, 04:37 AM
Tete, Veltman, Promes looK like players in the current Dutch team that could slot into the side.

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 04:50 AM

No. But we would deffo have signed Tom Cleverley though

Latvian Eagle
28-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Ever Banega would never come. He moved to Inter before they appointed FdB manager then spent most of the time he was in charge on the bench.

Plus he wants to move back to Sevilla as it is his "home" as he was quoted in the press this week.

Gone back to Sevilla.

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 01:49 PM
The Dutch league is probably one of the last places you can get really good players for not that much money. Hope FdB has some hidden gems he knows about.

It's also a place you can get bad players for lots of money, just ask Norwich about Van Wolfswinkel:D

Latvian Eagle
28-06-2017, 02:20 PM
It's also a place you can get bad players for lots of money, just ask Norwich about Van Wolfswinkel:D

They got him from Portugal technically. :D

chelmsfordeagle
28-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Gone back to Sevilla.:lux::lux::lux::lux:

Latvian Eagle
28-06-2017, 02:57 PM
:lux::lux::lux::lux:

9m too. Great price.

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 03:12 PM
They got him from Portugal technically. :D

Ah well. He is in Holland now though

Martin H
28-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Just looking at Ajax players, as you do, and I had completely forgotten Davinson Sanchez. On his way to Barca isn't he? By chance I have watched him a couple of times and it's like he is playing on fast forward compared to the rest. Maybe De B can find us one of those :) (I think he left before DS arrived)

Terrace Bickle
29-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Wrong thread, bloody app.

Kai
29-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Central defender/right back
goalie
creative midfielder who can pass and move
backup striker

Old Joe Paxton
29-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Hi Guys,

Excelent post & English of course: all I can say is neuken in de keuken.. and the great Dutch word for a match (box of) or a light: lucifer. I also know the word for bucket for some reason in Dutch.

Dank je wel, excellent tips

Latvian Eagle
29-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Excelent post & English of course: all I can say is neuken in de keuken.. and the great Dutch word for a match (box of) or a light: lucifer. I also know the word for bucket for some reason in Dutch.

Dank je wel, excellent tips

Great English?

Every time I have been to the Netherlands they all speak perfect English. :D

Old Joe Paxton
29-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Great English?

Every time I have been to the Netherlands they all speak perfect English. :D

Ok, perfect English. More so Than.Many.On.Here. either can't punctuate or spell correctly.

But in retrospect sounded patronising. I guess my individual chip for speaking no more than poor O level French and as a country being poor foreign language speakers

Halftime Gold
30-06-2017, 06:50 AM

You pay a premium for allowing fans to make bad jokes though.

Herb
15-07-2017, 12:02 AM
Wesley Sneijder is available

macstar
15-07-2017, 01:30 AM

how old is he

Richwak
15-07-2017, 06:38 AM

Just saw this, at 33 could do a job on a 2 year contract. Frank will know him well and if he is good enough from Dutch set up.

Nigelbrag
15-07-2017, 08:27 AM
What we must not forget is just by appointing Frank de Boer and his Dutch staff is NOT the magic formula that will see us play "total football" immediately.
Ideally his appointment should be viewed as a long term change in direction of seeing the style of football "the Dutch way" that many have longed for from a Palace team, but to do so needs a change in training methods starting from Youth teams and into the First team, which will take time and also money to implement.
But we are fortunate to now have a manager in charge who's playing beliefs start with developing at Youth level, the correct way to go as those players will eventually make their way into the First team, but also crucially is developing the First team squad Now into believing and practising those methods, so bringing in the right players now is vital.
The Board inc Fans must be strong and brave when results don't go the way we expect and panic into wanting change, FdB was appointed on a 3yr contract and it will take all of that time to bring about the change, we have an opportunity to take a direction we Palace fans only dreamed about previously, now TAKE it.

Steamy
15-07-2017, 10:10 AM

This surely must be the first summer he hasn't been linked with anyone. I would still take him, even at 33, provided wages weren't too high. The legs may not be as quick, but as has been seen with Xavi, provided the brain is still quick pace is not a problem.

(Different players, I know).