PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Isaiah Brown

rainbow_child
25-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I've heard from a Family member of Isaiah Brown the Chelsea youngster who finished the season on loan at Huddersfield, that our selves Brighton & Leeds have all shown interest in signing him next season.

aj4england
25-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Decent would suit us

RisZero
25-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Thought he might have just won the world cup but looking it up im not sure he was selected

Syph1979
25-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Dad supports Town. I've been impressed with him whenever I've watched him this season. Was good in the play off final - apart from one glaring miss early on.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Don't trust RC. He's been the real mastermind pulling the strings behind PB all along

elgin eagle
25-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Awesome. Quite nice to only start thinking about transfers in late June.

Herb
25-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Erm, no.

Martin H
25-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Another one I ahve only seen snippets of but would be surprised if we were in for him as an immediate starter. Looked very average in the playoff final.

Nigelbrag
26-06-2017, 08:13 AM
I agree Martin, if its a Chelsea midfielder we are looking at then an upgrade on Brown would be Loftus-Cheek, he is at the next level which is what we should focus on.

Martin H
26-06-2017, 08:28 AM
I agree Martin, if its a Chelsea midfielder we are looking at then an upgrade on Brown would be Loftus-Cheek, he is at the next level which is what we should focus on.

Definitely a lot nearer the mark for sure. L-C looks like he could be a good player and is versatile enough to play up front or just behind.

gold76
26-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Is there a prophet to be had with this one..

elgin eagle
26-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Another one I ahve only seen snippets of but would be surprised if we were in for him as an immediate starter. Looked very average in the playoff final.

So did Aaron Mooy. Doesn't make them bad players.

Martin H
26-06-2017, 09:49 AM
So did Aaron Mooy. Doesn't make them bad players.

Of course you are right, but I don't think either of those are good enough and certainly not any better than players we already have. Brown has more time on his side to develop. The only thing I would say re playoffs is that these key and high pressure matches are the times when the better players tend to shine through.

elgin eagle
26-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Of course you are right, but I don't think either of those are good enough and certainly not any better than players we already have. Brown has more time on his side to develop. The only thing I would say re playoffs is that these key and high pressure matches are the times when the better players tend to shine through.

I saw a few Huddersfield matches last season and I think he is one that could definitely improve. Maybe that is the difficulty with signing youngsters, but at least we will have a manager soon who has experience in getting the best out of them.

theCoach
27-06-2017, 04:28 PM

imagine him and luka holding cabaye in the hole or playing with freedom.......

aj4england
05-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Apparently going to Brighton on loan

regal_eagle
05-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Apparently going to Brighton on loan

Poor bloke.

aashman12
05-07-2017, 04:54 PM
imagine him and luka holding cabaye in the hole or playing with freedom.......

Loftus cheek isn't a holding mid

Sir.S.C Remembered
06-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Until FDB proves otherwise, I wouldn't sign on loan for Palace as a young lad. Didn't work out for lazy (?) last Chelsea player we had.

Martin H
06-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Until FDB proves otherwise, I wouldn't sign on loan for Palace as a young lad. Didn't work out for lazy (?) last Chelsea player we had.

Last player we had on loan from Chelsea was Loic Remy - he was here, honest. I saw him in the League Cup!

Re the 'other one' with the floppy hair - shouldn't the point be that if you are a young lazy (?) then you shouldn't come to Palace on loan? They also need to be good enough to play......

I would think we are an attractive destination for a top quality youngster with a point to prove. Especially with FDB.

Sir.S.C Remembered
11-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Last player we had on loan from Chelsea was Loic Remy - he was here, honest. I saw him in the League Cup!

Re the 'other one' with the floppy hair - shouldn't the point be that if you are a young lazy (?) then you shouldn't come to Palace on loan? They also need to be good enough to play......

I would think we are an attractive destination for a top quality youngster with a point to prove. Especially with FDB.

His record at Championship suggested he was good enough for the Prem, or at least to be our no2 striker.

Our record in recent seasons in terms of youth is awful. I hope FDB changes that, but we will see.