PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Tete

Pages : 1 [2]

adrenalin john
04-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Joel Ward has been excellent for us - one of the best right backs we've had in my lifetime (no, the competition isn't that strong). But anyway, could we upgrade? Yes and we should add competition for him at the very least. But people who describe him as poor have very short memories and are very harsh judges in my opinion. He's been great and despite some limitations, he still contributed a lot last season.

Well put, and spot on in my opinion

RisZero
04-07-2017, 03:12 PM
But people who describe him as poor have very short memories

I dont think they are talking about years in the past though, more so where the team is right now and how to move forward. Pele was quite nifty at times but he probably wouldnt be a keeper if he was here right now. This whole "short memories" line appearing everywhere is getting a bit tired.

GreatGonzo
04-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Joel Ward is the last of our promotion team to have stayed with us and played regularly in all PL campaigns. JAT.

AJ
04-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Joel Ward is the last of our promotion team to have stayed with us and played regularly in all PL campaigns. JAT.
And Damo....played every season so far.

sylvan eagle
04-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Always remember his clearance on the line when we were one nil up in the playoff final

PauLo
04-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Joel Ward is a good right back and works ******* hard. He has his good days and bad days but he hasn't been as poor as some people are making out. Could we upgrade on him? Of course. But I don't think we'd be in a bad position if he were to start the season for us.

Maiden Eagle
04-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Joel Ward has been excellent for us - one of the best right backs we've had in my lifetime (no, the competition isn't that strong). But anyway, could we upgrade? Yes and we should add competition for him at the very least. But people who describe him as poor have very short memories and are very harsh judges in my opinion. He's been great and despite some limitations, he still contributed a lot last season.

This

Always gives 110% IMO and rarely makes a real howler. Could certainly do with some good competition, that's for sure, but Wardy is nowhere near as bad, as some make out on here.

*CPFC*
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
And I thought this thread was about Kenny Tete!

in-exile
04-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Joel Ward has been excellent for us - one of the best right backs we've had in my lifetime (no, the competition isn't that strong). But anyway, could we upgrade? Yes and we should add competition for him at the very least. But people who describe him as poor have very short memories and are very harsh judges in my opinion. He's been great and despite some limitations, he still contributed a lot last season. Nailed it!

Bizarro
04-07-2017, 03:51 PM

In my time I'd say he's our best right back. Better than Humphey, Pemberton, Clyne ( mainly because he never played in the prem for us ) and Doris who was just before my time.

Seanee Pawnee
04-07-2017, 04:03 PM

Played in every league game last season too.

Palace Dan
04-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Doris who was just before my time.

The Doris crouch, waiting to pounce, was a sight to behold.....

TAK
04-07-2017, 04:17 PM
And I thought this thread was about Kenny Tete!

I was going to ask "are you new here?" but I see you are.

East-End Eagle
04-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Couldn't agree more. Been a magnificent servant to the club.

BarcaPalace
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Most premier league appearances for any Crystal Palace player is history? Gotta be tight between him and punch hasn't it?

BarcaPalace
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Ward that is, not Tete lol

GreatGonzo
04-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Most premier league appearances for any Crystal Palace player is history? Gotta be tight between him and punch hasn't it?

Joel Ward 141
Puncheon 118

Punch is over half a season behind!

Delaney is in 2nd place on 127.

bigend1
04-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Yep! Spot on.

Another thing people fail to notice is how excellent ward was as part of a good back four. When we were shit at the back he was being pulled into the center to cover all the time. When Sakho/pva/schlupp came into the side ward was able to stay in position more and was a superb part of a solid unit.

Towards the end of the season ward was up against hazard, Sanchez and coultinho and stood up to them far better than most did last season.

He needs competition. If we can upgrade even better but spunking loads of cash to slightly improve our attacking from right back is not worth our limited funds. Defensively we won't get much better short of insane money. Far far from the top of the list. This always happens on the bbs though. It gains momentum. People ignore his rock solid defending but he over hits a cross after 70mins and he's been shit again.

Maidstoned Eagle
04-07-2017, 05:09 PM
I was going to ask "are you new here?" but I see you are.

Bully

PalaceSi
04-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Yep! Spot on.

Another thing people fail to notice is how excellent ward was as part of a good back four. When we were shit at the back he was being pulled into the center to cover all the time. When Sakho/pva/schlupp came into the side ward was able to stay in position more and was a superb part of a solid unit.

Towards the end of the season ward was up against hazard, Sanchez and coultinho and stood up to them far better than most did last season.

He needs competition. If we can upgrade even better but spunking loads of cash to slightly improve our attacking from right back is not worth our limited funds. Defensively we won't get much better short of insane money. Far far from the top of the list. This always happens on the bbs though. It gains momentum. People ignore his rock solid defending but he over hits a cross after 70mins and he's been shit again.

Couldn't agree more also when you have tonnes of experience like he has it counts for a lot. Knowing the wingers he has to come up against, how other team attack etc. Obviously he can't play for ever but right now we have more pressing needs and limited funds.

Bizarro
04-07-2017, 05:45 PM
The Doris crouch, waiting to pounce, was a sight to behold.....

His son Adam coaches my kids, and I think he was doing it yesterday.

Palace Dan
04-07-2017, 06:25 PM
His son Adam coaches my kids, and I think he was doing it yesterday.

I thought Doris was super. My first exposure to a Mr 110%.

Wright+Bright
04-07-2017, 07:07 PM
In my time I'd say he's our best right back. Better than Humphey, Pemberton, Clyne ( mainly because he never played in the prem for us ) and Doris who was just before my time.

I'd say Boyce was better?

Maz
04-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Yep! Spot on.

Great post.

CP-RJW
04-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Yep! Spot on.

Good post, but he didn't stand up well to Hazard, despite us winning that match Ward got hosed time and time again.

st albans
04-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Yep, and Butterfield

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Boyce was excellent. Second best to Humphreys in the list of best right backs I've seen play for us during my time.

Ward is a very good defender and is solid. He has regressed in terms of his attacking play though. Healthy competition won't do him any harm.

Abjekt
04-07-2017, 07:55 PM
I think my main concern is the need for competition at right-back. Martin Kelly does not look like a footballer when he plays as a full-back, really clumsy, slow, just gives me no confidence at all.

Wardy has been up and down over the past couple of seasons but essentially is going to play regardless because of the lack of options. When we had Mariappa in the squad, at least you knew he was being pushed (thought Maps was great under Pulis, so was definitely capable).

Yes, there are more pressing concerns that need to be attended to but we're able to get a good, young right-back like Tete for not-very-much then we should 100% go for it.

McpfcS
04-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Boyce was excellent. Second best to Humphreys in the list of best right backs I've seen play for us during my time.

Ward is a very good defender and is solid. He has regressed in terms of his attacking play though. Healthy competition won't do him any harm.

Joel Ward is not a "solid defender" he showed that throughout last season. His poor defending was very evident.

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Joel Ward is not a "solid defender" he showed that throughout last season. His poor defending was very evident.

Really? I disagree with that. He's a good player. Under Sam he was back to his best.

TheCharmer1
04-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Great post.

He's got no pace. It's fairly simple

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
04-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Ward's strength and aerial ability have always been assets too - especially when defending set pieces and dealing with high balls.

CoDownEagle
04-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Ward needs competition at RB it's as simple as that.

colin61
04-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Ward is a good defender he's best times have been under Pulis & Big Sam where we played with a defensive structure, other times he's been left exposed

eagleforlife
04-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Really? I disagree with that. He's a good player. Under Sam he was back to his best.

Ward is a last ditch defending kind of defender and he's not even the best when it comes to that. Definitely in need of an upgrade

CP-RJW
04-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Ward is a last ditch defending kind of defender and he's not even the best when it comes to that. Definitely in need of an upgrade
Can definitely agree with that, he's fine when we sit deep the whole game, but moving to a more progressive style under FDB requires a better footballer at right back.

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 09:52 PM

That's harsh. He didn't let anyone down last season, especially during the second half of the season. Reliable and solid pro. But we need competition for him.

Ralph
04-07-2017, 10:06 PM
21 year old Dutch international with 30+ games for Ajax last year.

Whether he's cover or a replacement for Ward this is exactly the sort of signing so many of us want the club to start making. Excellent if true!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
04-07-2017, 10:15 PM
21 year old Dutch international with 30+ games for Ajax last year.

Whether he's cover or a replacement for Ward this is exactly the sort of signing so many of us want the club to start making. Excellent if true!
He didn't play over 30 times for Ajax last year, he lost his place after FDB left.

He still sounds like a good fit target for us though.

dufski13
04-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Not in my book. Maybe Clyne was just before he left, but never played in Prem for us.

beef
04-07-2017, 10:35 PM
I think Ward is a very good defender but lacks pace and ability on the ball.

SE5eagle
04-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Ward is a hero, as was Marlene.

Tetley has much to live up to.

McpfcS
04-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Ward's strength and aerial ability have always been assets too - especially when defending set pieces and dealing with high balls.

What? He is routinely beaten in the air e.g. by 5' 5" Alexis Sanchez. He's just not good enough to play for a team aspiring not to be in a relegation battle.

mushroom
04-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Ward is a good defender he's best times have been under Pulis & Big Sam where we played with a defensive structure, other times he's been left exposed

Yep.

Pikie Punisher
04-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Under Sam he was back to his best.

:eek:

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 11:24 PM
:eek:

No, you're right - I must have imagined Chelsea and Liverpool away, Arsenal at home etc.

Jimmy Eagle
04-07-2017, 11:31 PM
******* hell is this a Joel Ward thread? And no, I'm not new here.

Pikie Punisher
04-07-2017, 11:46 PM
No, you're right - I must have imagined Chelsea and Liverpool away, Arsenal at home etc.

Whoosh.....

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Whoosh.....

Er, ok. As you were.

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 11:50 PM
This is now a Joel Ward thread in light of there being no news about Tete.

Jimmy Eagle
04-07-2017, 11:57 PM
This is now a Joel Ward thread in light of there being no news about Tete.

Clearly

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Clearly

Sorry :D

Mr Palace
04-07-2017, 11:58 PM
We've only got two more months on this guff before the window slams shut... Sky sports have a lot to answer for.

SmokeyStover7
05-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Yes Ward can be competent in a scheme where he has massive protection as he did under Pulis. But is that the judge of a player? Kelly is barely PL quality yet looked very solid under Pulis as well. I would prefer to judge my full backs on how they cope when they lack protection, and often he is vulnerable. He is also limited going forward. But he always puts in 100% and has had some immense contributions for us, none more than his heroic Wembley clearance in the 120th minute. Glad we still have him but he has been one of the weak points in our starting XI for years alongside Hennessy and Puncheon. I think if Tete came he would be expected to be an upgrade based on his pedigree.

Thefunkymonk
05-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Ward is solid and has been for years. He has his flaws.

However we have no right back cover. At very worst tete is competition for ward..

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
05-07-2017, 12:23 AM
What? He is routinely beaten in the air e.g. by 5' 5" Alexis Sanchez. He's just not good enough to play for a team aspiring not to be in a relegation battle.
Yep, he messed up against Sanchez, but that was one game. Have you not seen how effective he has been over the last 5 years (particularly in the promotion season) at set piece defending? How good the whole unit was defending set pieces under Pulis.

It was only once Pardew's disorganisation took hold that Joel and everyone else struggled in that department.

regal_eagle
05-07-2017, 12:27 AM

True, but we won 3-0 in one of the 2 games we played against them last season :D I also noticed that they seemed to actually seemed to like each other. I think it may be a God thing.

McpfcS
05-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Yep, he messed up against Sanchez, but that was one game. Have you not seen how effective he has been over the last 5 years (particularly in the promotion season) at set piece defending? How good the whole unit was defending set pieces under Pulis.

It was only once Pardew's disorganisation took hold that Joel and everyone else struggled in that department.

Exactly - very good Championship player and probably good enough to play for a bottom 6 PL side.

But if we aspire to be better than that (as SP has made clear) then regrettably Joel can't be part of that.

Martin H
05-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Would think the fact that there hasn't been any material leak or uber hint by now that he isn't coming here. Expected that to break this evening but not a sniff.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
05-07-2017, 01:01 AM
Exactly - very good Championship player and probably good enough to play for a bottom 6 PL side.

But if we aspire to be better than that (as SP has made clear) then regrettably Joel can't be part of that.

I think he can still be an important part of the squad. We have had some very good results with him in the side. I don't disagree with the idea of an upgrade and we certainly have competition for him. My only issue is some people on here being overly critical and referring to him as rubbish.

Halftime Gold
05-07-2017, 09:53 AM

However we have no right back cover. At very worst tete is competition for ward..

Indeed, surely the lesson from last season must be to make sure we have decent defensive cover? going forward I think we have to take our chances a bit as having similar quality replacements for the likes of Beneteke and Zaha is beyond our means but at the back there should be good cover for every position.

Maidstoned Eagle
05-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Yes Ward can be competent in a scheme where he has massive protection as he did under Pulis. But is that the judge of a player? Kelly is barely PL quality yet looked very solid under Pulis as well. .

Kelly didn't play under Pulis, he signed just when Pulis resigned

rambo1
05-07-2017, 10:08 AM

& at 21,Born 9th October 1995,Kenny Tete,won't Take up a Space in the 25 Man Squad.

DHeagle
05-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Pretty much sums it up for me.

DHeagle
05-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Whenever he has played in a defensively competent team, he has been one of our beter performers. Even in the seasons we've finished above the bottom six. As long as we're a team that plays mostly on the back foot, and we will be against many teams next season, he has a role.

Leave full-backs exposed and they will often lose their 1v1 battle over the course of a game given the quality of Premier League wingers nowadays. Leave centre-backs exposed, as Pardew did with ours, and you leak goals non-stop.

FDB will be willing to give Ward a chance and quite rightly, he's as dependable as anyone when the manager doesn't hang him out to dry.

rambo1
05-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Indeed, surely the lesson from last season must be to make sure we have decent defensive cover? going forward I think we have to take our chances a bit as having similar quality replacements for the likes of Beneteke and Zaha is beyond our means but at the back there should be good cover for every position.

Could be a Chance for Sullay KaiKai as at 21,Born 26th August 1995,won't Take up Space in the 25 Man Squad.

GreatGonzo
05-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Could be a Chance for Sullay KaiKai as at 21,Born 26th August 1995,won't Take up Space in the 25 Man Squad.

Possibly but he may be better off going out on loan for the first half of the season and playing games.

A lot will depend on how many wide players we have come the end of August and if we sign any. Zaha and Townsend ahead of him plus how many of Chungy, Sako and Mutch who have been used there in the last season.

I would also like to see him in the No.10 role but cannot see him being given that level of responsibility but FDB might be teh man to give him that chance.

Brod
05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Whenever he has played in a defensively competent team, he has been one of our beter performers. Even in the seasons we've finished above the bottom six. As long as we're a team that plays mostly on the back foot, and we will be against many teams next season, he has a role.

Leave full-backs exposed and they will often lose their 1v1 battle over the course of a game given the quality of Premier League wingers nowadays. Leave centre-backs exposed, as Pardew did with ours, and you leak goals non-stop.

FDB will be willing to give Ward a chance and quite rightly, he's as dependable as anyone when the manager doesn't hang him out to dry.
Also, FBs if they're beaten one-on-one 1 in 20, that's what (some) people remember. Not the other 19 times or the overall contribution. (Not saying Ward gets beaten 1 In 20, but you know what I mean.)

Ward's perfectly competent. Younger, quicker competition would do him no harm at all.

Can Tete play wing back? That's the sort of competition Ward needs and tactical flexibility we should be looking for.

James SG
05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Possibly but he may be better off going out on loan for the first half of the season and playing games.

A lot will depend on how many wide players we have come the end of August and if we sign any. Zaha and Townsend ahead of him plus how many of Chungy, Sako and Mutch who have been used there in the last season.

I would also like to see him in the No.10 role but cannot see him being given that level of responsibility but FDB might be teh man to give him that chance.

And Schlupp

Reps AJ
05-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Any news on Tete or has everyone lost their heads talking about Ward?

DHeagle
05-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Any news on Tete or has everyone lost their heads talking about Ward?

A bit optimistic expecting a discussion relevant to the thread title on the BBS, no? :D

eagle-leg
05-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Agree with this.

Humphrey and Boyce top 2.

Ward had a good second half of the season, but we still need cover at right back.

Whoever we bring in will hopefully have a turn of pace.

Shipp Ahoy!
05-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Anyone who doesn't put Clyne top, let alone in the top three just :eek:

Oozed class from the moment he walked on the pitch, was so obvious he was going to play for England and go to a team competing for top 4.

How he is behind Walker is an absolute disgrace and shows how little Hodgson and Southgate knew/know - not counting Allardyce as he only had one game.

Reps AJ
05-07-2017, 10:46 AM
A bit optimistic expecting a discussion relevant to the thread title on the BBS, no? :D

You'd think after 16 years I'd know better

PeckhamSpring
05-07-2017, 11:05 AM

Oozed class from the moment he walked on the pitch, was so obvious he was going to play for England and go to a team competing for top 4.

How he is behind Walker is an absolute disgrace and shows how little Hodgson and Southgate knew/know - not counting Allardyce as he only had one game.

TBF walker has come on a lot these last 2 years he is streets ahead of Clyne now.

Pinkie Brown
05-07-2017, 11:18 AM

bored of the Ward thread? lets talk about Walker instead :D

Martin H
05-07-2017, 11:18 AM
TBF walker has come on a lot these last 2 years he is streets ahead of Clyne now.

Was Clyne carrying an injury at the end of last season? He looked awesome when Klopp first arrived and for the first half of last season but seemed to lose something in the second half. It may have been a tactical change but whatever it was it limited his impact I thought. I would agree that Walker has improved. So in 2016 Nat was the better player for me, in 2017 Walker has probably edged it. Having 2 RBs as good as these two is great for England.

Chief Brody
05-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Was Clyne carrying an injury at the end of last season? He looked awesome when Klopp first arrived and for the first half of last season but seemed to lose something in the second half. It may have been a tactical change but whatever it was it limited his impact I thought. I would agree that Walker has improved. So in 2016 Nat was the better player for me, in 2017 Walker has probably edged it. Having 2 RBs as good as these two is great for England.

Looking at Liverpool forums, it seems that they are not enamoured by him.

knowlesyUCLA
05-07-2017, 11:26 AM

In the turbo charged environment of the PL, Walker looks like a beast because he is so quick, but his technique is basic at best and his defensive ability/positioning is lacking. He’s a bit like Walcott in that respect, speed merchant but as soon as the brain needs to be engaged i.e. putting in a decent cross, more often than not he gets it wrong.

Spurs would do well to get £40m from City for him.

DARZET EAGLE
05-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Boyce was excellent. Second best to in the list of best right backs I've seen play for us during my timeHumphreys.

John Sewell was pretty tidy and then of course there was Jack Edwards.;)

Shipp Ahoy!
05-07-2017, 11:35 AM

He really isn't.

Suspect defensively, has a lot of pace and can beat players for fun but crossing is dire - hardly ever hits his own players.

I actually counted on the last game he has a conversion rate of hitting an England player with 1 in 5, Clyne's last game was about 4 in 5.

DARZET EAGLE
05-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Ward is a hero, as was Marlene.

Tetley has much to live up to.

Indeed obviously a tea man, but what about Tete?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
05-07-2017, 02:45 PM

Ward has been a lot more successful for Palace than Clyne was.

And just like with with Hill at left back, I think having 3 tall, strong defenders was a real help in the Championship particularly.

ForzaPalace
05-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Anyone know when the new training kit goes on sale?

gilesy14
05-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Ward has been a lot more successful for Palace than Clyne was.

And just like with with Hill at left back, I think having 3 tall, strong defenders was a real help in the Championship particularly.

Because Ward has played in a far better team - Clyne was largely in a side ravaged by pre & post administration. Despite that, he was arguably the most consistent player I've ever seen in a Palace shirt & superb 99% of the time. He's the one Palace player I was 100% certain would go onto play for England - which he has. Quite something considering we were a lower half Championship side at the time.

Clyne > Ward all day long. Nathaniel should get extra respect anyway for being a product of our academy.

Shipp Ahoy!
05-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Because Ward has played in a far better team - Clyne was largely in a side ravaged by pre & post administration. Despite that, he was arguably the most consistent player I've ever seen in a Palace shirt & superb 99% of the time. He's the one Palace player I was 100% certain would go onto play for England - which he has. Quite something considering we were a lower half Championship side at the time.

Clyne > Ward all day long. Nathaniel should get extra respect anyway for being a product of our academy.

Absolutely this!

That's like saying Cameron Jerome/Glenn Murray etc have been more successful than AJ was for us...

CP-RJW
05-07-2017, 04:04 PM
He really isn't.

Suspect defensively, has a lot of pace and can beat players for fun but crossing is dire - hardly ever hits his own players.

I actually counted on the last game he has a conversion rate of hitting an England player with 1 in 5, Clyne's last game was about 4 in 5.
He's been far better than Clyne this season, there's no denying that. I wouldn't even put that rabble called the England national team into the equation as who really performs for them?

SilentAssassin
05-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Ward has been a fantastic servant to the club. For me, based on what he achieved here but he isn't better than Clyne.

Over recent years out of the best right backs we have had I would say;
Clyne - overall the best
Ward - Play off final, FA cup runner up and ever present for 6 years or so.
Butterfield - one of the best servants we have had at the club. Numerous good memories of him at the club
Boyce - was better than Butterfield for sure but I went for Butterfield over more stand out moments, shame he never played in a better squad but was a classy player for sure.

WorthingEagle
05-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Boyce - was better than Butterfield for sure but I went for Butterfield over more stand out moments, shame he never played in a better squad but was a classy player for sure.

My favourite Butterfield moment was his belter against Gillingham, even over the hat-trick. Hudson sent off, penalty. Missed. Re-taken. Missed. Then we go up the other end and he volleys in from 25 yards. Bedlam in row 23 of block B.

Reps AJ
05-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Please, for the love of god, can you all STFU about rightbacks unless they are at Ajax and called Tete

CP-RJW
05-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Please, for the love of god, can you all STFU about rightbacks unless they are at Ajax and called Tete
*Insert "are you new here" joke*

Excowboy
05-07-2017, 04:21 PM

Do you think Marc Edworthy was best for us at right back or when we moved him to sweeper?

16eagles
05-07-2017, 04:30 PM

What do you think about Tomkins at right back?

dufski13
05-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Tbh I think Clyne has prolly slipped behind both Walker & Trippier now.

elgin eagle
05-07-2017, 04:35 PM

Too late now.

Nothing stands in the way of nostalgia. The only hope is to start a counter argument about whether Croydon is in London or Surrey, then try to get it back onto Tete from there.

Martin H
05-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Too late now.

Nothing stands in the way of nostalgia. The only hope is to start a counter argument about whether Croydon is in London or Surrey, then try to get it back onto Tete from there.

Hmm interesting. Could be in London I guess ......::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

Jim Cannon
05-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Anyone know when the new training kit goes on sale?

When we have made our first signing I think

Reps AJ
05-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Too late now.

It's clearly in London unless you are an idiot or over 70 or both.

You just need to use your head to figure it out... head.... geddit?... now give me some effing news on Tete

Jim Cannon
05-07-2017, 04:47 PM
*Insert "are you new here" joke*

Followed by puns, and talk about anything else such as your favourite crisps

Baffled Bob 2
05-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Smokey Bacon

Baffled Bob 2
05-07-2017, 04:51 PM
...or Worcester Sauce

SilentAssassin
05-07-2017, 05:08 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/14jriic.png

elgin eagle
05-07-2017, 05:30 PM
It's clearly in London unless you are an idiot or over 70 or both.

You just need to use your head to figure it out... head.... geddit?... now give me some effing news on Tete

Good try.

Unfortunately you have been sidelined by crisps and trumped by Marc Edworthy.

Reps AJ
05-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Good try.

Unfortunately you have been sidelined by crisps and trumped by Marc Edworthy.

I know when I'm beaten

dufski13
05-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Clearly Frazzles closely followed by Quavers

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
05-07-2017, 06:14 PM

I agree. I didn't say Ward was better. Just said he has been far more successful for us.

chrisophiex
05-07-2017, 06:58 PM
*Something about The Smiths

Bryan
05-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Monster Munch

Billy Rhino
05-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Has Gary Stebbing had a mention yet?

chrisophiex
05-07-2017, 07:13 PM
*Something about right back in the changing room.

henryhallandhisbasque
05-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Apparently, he loves to listen to Talk Sport on an interference free non-digital channel. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Excowboy
05-07-2017, 07:16 PM
*Something about The Smiths
There is a right-back that never gets out of his own half?

Billy Rhino
05-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Is Tete offensive?

I think this is why he is struggling to replace Joel Vietnam as Ajax RB

Billy Rhino
05-07-2017, 07:28 PM
I also heard he likes the food van at the top of the Holmesdale aka Hamburger Hill

orp pisshead1
05-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Smokey Bacon

Marmite close thread:p

CP-RJW
05-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Salt and vinegar pringles

danpalace07
05-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Silly season really is underway

Thefunkymonk
05-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Had a look to see if any news on tete and I all I see is Marc edworthy and talk of crisp selections... all about the bbs

cpfcfan1
05-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Had a look to see if any news on tete and I all I see is Marc edworthy and talk of crisp selections... all about the bbs

Who is this Tete you talk of?

Thefunkymonk
05-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Who is this Tete you talk of?

He likes monster munch

sylvan eagle
05-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Pork scratchings

Mr Palace
05-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Only two more months of this shit

adrenalin john
05-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Getting back on Topic.

Do you think there are less hazelnuts in the bar now than there used to be, or is that just nostalgia getting the better of me?

foetus eagle
05-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Pork scratchings

chicken itchings, doggie scabs

Billy Rhino
05-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Kenny Krisp

BarcaPalace
05-07-2017, 09:55 PM
BHAFC 0-Zaha

chrisophiex
05-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Getting back on Topic.

Do you think there are less hazelnuts in the bar now than there used to be, or is that just nostalgia getting the better of me?

I can answer that one....Fewer hazelnuts, not less. :angel:

Billy Rhino
06-07-2017, 12:42 AM
Apparently there is a world shortage of hazelnuts, which is holding up the transfer of Tete.

elgin eagle
06-07-2017, 12:50 AM
Squirrels have set up a just giving page.

Sick Bucket
06-07-2017, 01:25 AM
Apparently there is a world shortage of hazelnuts, which is holding up the transfer of Tete.

Think the shortage is in almonds not hazelnuts.

adrenalin john
06-07-2017, 02:27 AM
I can answer that one....Fewer hazelnuts, not less. :angel:

Fair point, in fact I would go so far to say as a point you have to respect.

Is that an unnecessary Allardyce tangent? Or are all tanned gents Simon Jordan imposters?

4 cryingOutloud
06-07-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm lost now. Are you all saying that Tete doesn't have any nuts? :eek::supergrin:

adrenalin john
06-07-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm lost now. Are you all saying that Tete doesn't have any nuts? :eek::supergrin:

No,no, but he was born without a bottom and lockjaw apparently.

Fortunately he got a Tetanus injection which cured both issues

eagles #1
06-07-2017, 06:01 PM
What the **** is wrong with you lot?!

Lombardo's hair
06-07-2017, 07:03 PM

It's transfer window fatigue.

Chillo
06-07-2017, 07:06 PM
It's transfer window fatigue.

already?

How are you going to survive August?! :eek:

4 cryingOutloud
06-07-2017, 07:07 PM

What else is happening that we need to be interested in? :rolleyes::eek:

Liam_Palace
07-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Signing for Lyon today according to Dutch press. Next.

carter
07-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Signing for Lyon today supposedly. Looked ideal for us

hedge end eagle
07-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Wonder who the player is that we are almost there with...

nicobos
07-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Ah, real shame - I hoped the fdb factor could swing it for us ! Looked a bit of a bargain...hopefully a number of irons in the fire.

brooklynlou
07-07-2017, 03:04 PM
already?

How are you going to survive August?! :eek:

Drugs. Lotsa lots of drugs.

kabbott
07-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Yes, he's having his medical this afternoon.

Maidstoned Eagle
07-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Drugs. Lotsa lots of drugs.

Thats how I get through the season.

DaveTuttles
07-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Hes shit

ForzaPalace
07-07-2017, 03:10 PM

It's what happens when lonely middle aged men are left alone with an internet connection

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
07-07-2017, 03:19 PM
That's a shame.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
07-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Wonder who the player is that we are almost there with...
Well, it still may have been him but it just hasn't happened.

Mr Palace
07-07-2017, 03:44 PM
We can't close shit.

ABC

A- always
B - be
C- closing

Harry Bassett
07-07-2017, 03:56 PM
were we actually interested in the player?

Martin H
07-07-2017, 04:05 PM
were we actually interested in the player?

I was :)

No idea really but I had hoped this one was secretly in the bag as he looked strong. Not the end of the world as long as they have other targets and the time to get them in. Plenty of time in the window, more to avoid a stuttering start again.

mroakley9
07-07-2017, 04:11 PM
hope the **** flops and ends up as a dishwasher in some dodgy chinese restaurant in the outskirts of detroit

CharlieCPFC
08-07-2017, 09:10 PM
I was expecting this to have been announced from the Lyon end by now.

Here's hoping he's had a change in heart and has a flight booked to Gatwick for Monday to complete a move.

No doubt shortly after this post he'll be holding a Lyon shirt with the biggest grin.

dilem
08-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Can we do something - for my sake.

rossi71987
Monday itll be announced

dilem
Got to say we have been exceptional at keeping news quiet this summer.

DaveP
08-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Monday itll be announced

To Lyon or Palace?

rossi71987
08-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Lyon of course

thereichstuff
08-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Got to say we have been exceptional at keeping news quiet this summer.

That's the way to do it isn't it ?

rossi71987
08-07-2017, 10:15 PM
For.parish to say we were close to.signing someone he must have been very confident in getting a deal done. Seems we were used for a better deal elsewhere

Biggineagle
08-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Hes shit:lux:

McpfcS
08-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Bottom line is if we wanted him we would sign him. Lyon are not going to be competing with us for signings.

CP-RJW
08-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Bottom line is if we wanted him we would sign him. Lyon are not going to be competing with us for signings.
Well that's rather arrogant, we're a bottom half prem club who he's probably never heard of. Obviously the French league is lagging behind the prem, but Lyon are a bigger club who play European football every year.

Sp1Eagle
09-07-2017, 12:03 AM

Well they obviously can.

brooklynlou
09-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Well they obviously can.

It's a rumor.

No one knows if we were actually in for him, doing his agent a favor by letting him use our name, or someone just plain made it up cause he's from Ajax and we have FDB.

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 12:45 AM
Well they obviously can.

Why you say that?

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 12:47 AM
Well that's rather arrogant, we're a bottom half prem club who he's probably never heard of. Obviously the French league is lagging behind the prem, but Lyon are a bigger club who play European football every year.

It might sound arrogant but it's the reality. Excluding PSG I can't imagine any player choosing a club Ligue 1 over us.

Martin H
09-07-2017, 01:07 AM
It might sound arrogant but it's the reality. Excluding PSG I can't imagine any player choosing a club Ligue 1 over us.

But European experience bumps them up the food chain. Easier to get that at Lyons than at Palace in the short term.

09-07-2017, 01:13 AM

Wow! How many drinks you had tonight? :supergrin:

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 01:31 AM
Wow! How many drinks you had tonight? :supergrin:

Can you think of an example where a player has chosen to play for Ligue 1 side over a PL club?

If we wanted Tete we'd have signed him.

JDawg
09-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Now he's Tete de bouton

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 01:39 AM
Can you think of an example where a player has chosen to play for Ligue 1 side over a PL club?

Yeah, and I'm sure if we wanted Falcao, James Rodriguez, Payet, Moutinho, Glik, Valbuena, Coentrao etc, they'd have been knocking down our door :rolleyes:

bubbs11
09-07-2017, 01:42 AM

Give it another week or so...

Mandanda. :D

Ralph
09-07-2017, 05:52 AM

Tielemans allegedly chose Monaco over Spurs and Chelsea

Real Madrid wonderkid Mariano Díaz Mejía chose Lyon over Liverpool

Kenny Tete appears to have chosen Lyon over us.

Almost the entire PSG squad - even our own Yohan Cabaye chose to leave the Premier League to go there.

Ballotelli was linked with Everton and West Ham but chose Nice

Theres actually quite a long list when you dig a little deeper.

Maidstoned Eagle
09-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Glen Hoddle chose Monaco over Spurs....or something

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Yeah, and I'm sure if we wanted Falcao, James Rodriguez, Payet, Moutinho, Glik, Valbuena, Coentrao etc, they'd have been knocking down our door :rolleyes:

Perhaps not our door but given the straight choice between PL and Ligue 1 (without complicating personal factors e.g. Payet) they would choose the PL.

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Perhaps not our door but given the straight choice between PL and Ligue 1 (without complicating personal factors e.g. Payet) they would choose the PL.

Not so sure.. Monaco or Burnley.. Lyon or Huddersfield? Some people will make a choice based on lifestyle aswel.. living in the French Riviera is far more appealing than London

henryhallandhisbasque
09-07-2017, 09:43 AM
If he's happier to play in a league where he gets to mark Falcao than Harry Kane, then good luck to him.

sylvan eagle
09-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Not so sure.. Monaco or Burnley.. Lyon or Huddersfield? Some people will make a choice based on lifestyle aswel.. living in the French Riviera is far more appealing than London

London everyday for me

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 10:02 AM
London everyday for me

Maybe for you.. but not for some players.

Adlerhorst
09-07-2017, 10:06 AM

It's interesting how few footballers actually choose to live in London.

Most seem to live on the edge / outside of London. I recall Sol Campbell and Freddie Ljungberg used to live in NW3 while they were playing for Arsenal, but not many others. Most of the training grounds are not in London after all.

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 10:10 AM
It's interesting how few footballers actually choose to live in London.

Most seem to live on the edge / outside of London. I recall Sol Campbell and Freddie Ljungberg used to live in NW3 while they were playing for Arsenal, but not many others. Most of the training grounds are not in London after all.

Because despite their millions it is still ridiculously overpriced in London... and it really isn't all that. I'd imagine most, especially those with families, would prefer a nice big mansion outside of London where it's more private and get more square footage for your bunce

Adlerhorst
09-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Because despite their millions it is still ridiculously overpriced in London... and it really isn't all that. I'd imagine most, especially those with families, would prefer a nice big mansion outside of London where it's more private and get more square footage for your buncedunno. Living in the middle of a city is for some people and not for others. I suspect the commuting form the centre to the edge of London where most clubs have their triaining grounds is an arse most players could do without and the major factor. The ones who live there really want to live there.

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 10:21 AM
dunno. Living in the middle of a city is for some people and not for others. I suspect the commuting form the centre to the edge of London where most clubs have their triaining grounds is an arse most players could do without and the major factor. The ones who live there really want to live there.

I agree. Hence why I never get this 'we are in london' thing.. doesn't apply for everyone

HorleyStu
09-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Just you wait! When he smells and tastes the jerky chicken, he will be ours! It's like a spell.

sylvan eagle
09-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

cpfcfan1
09-07-2017, 10:45 AM

And you love London so?

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 10:46 AM

So am I. And I think it's mainly shit hole :D

elgin eagle
09-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Just you wait! When he smells and tastes the jerky chicken, he will be ours! It's like a spell.

Makes you wonder just how well a jerk chicken shop would do on the French Riviera.

Pikie Punisher
09-07-2017, 11:15 AM

They don't have to live in London though, Bognor Regis isn't so far away from SP, he might find a nice little flat down there, maybe, if he's lucky, with a bedroom that has an en-suite.

Ralph
09-07-2017, 11:20 AM
One thing you can't get in central London is space. A lot of the highlights of London I enjoyed as a twenty-something are also not the sorts of things we'd want our players enjoying.

elgin eagle
09-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Anyway if he's read this thread if he's got any sense he'll sign.

CamberleyEagle
09-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Indeed. On a hot summer's day it's easy to forget how crappy our winters are.

kabbott
09-07-2017, 11:53 AM
I chose Lyon over Fort Neef. Dodgy contract though!

Pikie Punisher
09-07-2017, 11:53 AM
A lot of the highlights of London I enjoyed as a twenty-something are also not the sorts of things we'd want our players enjoying.

What, like mooning at open top tour buses and coaches packed with tourists?

sylvan eagle
09-07-2017, 11:57 AM
At the South bank yesterday, weather was beautiful lovely afternoon

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Because despite their millions it is still ridiculously overpriced in London... and it really isn't all that. I'd imagine most, especially those with families, would prefer a nice big mansion outside of London where it's more private and get more square footage for your bunce

Don't see how London is "overpriced" it's the only world class city in the U.K. Personally I wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK and I only ever leave London on an aeroplane.

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 12:46 PM
That wasn't really what you were saying though was it? You said that you couldn't see any player choosing a French club above Palace that isn't PSG.

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Foreign twenty something multi millionaires often want to live near London for easy access to the social scene, restaurants, nightlife and diversity.

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 01:08 PM
That wasn't really what you were saying though was it? You said that you couldn't see any player choosing a French club above Palace that isn't PSG.

Absolutely

james powell
09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
When Tete Come ? Has Tete Go Lyon ?

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Don't see how London is "overpriced" it's the only world class city in the U.K. Personally I wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK and I only ever leave London on an aeroplane.

Opinions.

And of course it's overpriced.. property prices are scandalous

mylona
09-07-2017, 02:14 PM
When Tete Come ? Has Tete Go Lyon ?

It is amazing with such appalling grammar that you bothered to add the question marks.

kabbott
09-07-2017, 02:18 PM
It is amazing with such appalling grammar that you bothered to add the question marks.

Whoosh (maybe)!

JannerEagle
09-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Whoosh (maybe)!

Woosh! (certainly)!

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 02:28 PM
:supergrin:

PauLo
09-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Am I missing something? I thought he was all but off to Lyon? Why is thread taking off again?

cpfcfan1
09-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Am I missing something? I thought he was all but off to Lyon? Why is thread taking off again?

It's the hope that kills you.

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Opinions.

And of course it's overpriced.. property prices are scandalous

Property prices are high relative to other areas of UK because the whole world wants to live here and not elsewhere in UK.

Simple supply and demand - nothing scandalous about it.

Lombardo's hair
09-07-2017, 02:42 PM

Because there is nothing else happening

eaglebhoy
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Can't you tell when a man is typing in Native American style English ? [emoji51]

Reps AJ
09-07-2017, 04:20 PM

"Thank **** for that" says rest of UK

El Aguila
09-07-2017, 04:53 PM
How many of the world's top players live in London? Hazard must be top twenty, I suppose, maybe Courtois.

james powell
09-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Dumb arse.

McpfcS
09-07-2017, 06:15 PM
"Thank **** for that" says rest of UK

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 06:33 PM
How many of the world's top players live in London? Hazard must be top twenty, I suppose, maybe Courtois.
London alone isn't going to convince a player to choose Arsenal or Chelsea ahead of serial winning huge clubs like Juve, Real, Barca and Bayern, who have most of the worlds best players stockpiled.

El Aguila
09-07-2017, 06:38 PM
There's the chance of bumping into Mcpfcs down the local wine bar - you would have thought that would attract a few, rather than moving to Manchester or somewhere.

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 06:41 PM
There's the chance of bumping into Mcpfcs down the local wine bar - you would have thought that would attract a few, rather than moving to Manchester or somewhere.
:supergrin:

4 cryingOutloud
09-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Foreign twenty something multi millionaires often want to live near London for easy access to the social scene, restaurants, nightlife and diversity.

I think you'll find there is something in a players contract banning him from the nightlife & diversity. Besides, when do they get the time to do all that? In recent years London, like most capital Cities has become a dangerous place, and unless you're including Greater London, there's not a great deal of housing that offer the facilities the players require. On top of that, most foreign players rent their homes as they realise that it's only for a short term contract that they're here. :p

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 07:00 PM
I think you'll find there is something in a players contract banning him from the nightlife & diversity. Besides, when do they get the time to do all that? In recent years London, like most capital Cities has become a dangerous place, and unless you're including Greater London, there's not a great deal of housing that offer the facilities the players require. On top of that, most foreign players rent their homes as they realise that it's only for a short term contract that they're here. :p
Many footballers do go clubbing/partying in their free time, it's how lots of them meet their "wags" and fill up pages on the backs of trashy tabloids of them holding a glass of champagne surrounded by women. For example there was that "scandal" of the England players doing it the night before training last season. I'm sorry there's parts of players contracts banning them from diversity? I didn't say "In London" by the way I said "near London."

mylona
09-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Woosh! (certainly)!

Woosh (Irony)

mylona
09-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Woosh (Irony)

Please forgive me I forgot the exclamation mark.

Maidstoned Eagle
09-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Heap big problem when man make exclamation mark error. Man him look silly.

Martin H
09-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Many footballers do go clubbing/partying in their free time, it's how lots of them meet their "wags" and fill up pages on the backs of trashy tabloids of them holding a glass of champagne surrounded by women. For example there was that "scandal" of the England players doing it the night before training last season. I'm sorry there's parts of players contracts banning them from diversity? I didn't say "In London" by the way I said "near London."

I think there is probably a home delivery service on Amazon for wags now. Or something like Wags Now, they deliver within 2 hours........

danpalace07
09-07-2017, 07:52 PM
As that United twat Zlatan once said, France is a shit country

not really

4 cryingOutloud
09-07-2017, 08:14 PM

So do people who think they're being funny by writing in the manner you do.

mylona
09-07-2017, 08:41 PM

Am I missing something? Is Maidstone Eagle a Native American name? I feel another Woosh is on it's way.

elgin eagle
09-07-2017, 08:43 PM
When Kenny come?

JDawg
09-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Makes you wonder just how well a jerk chicken shop would do on the French Riviera.

Le Magasin de poule de jerk. Has a certain ring to it.

jj62255
10-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Signed for Lyon, next...

Crystal Glitter
10-07-2017, 12:18 PM
3 million ? :eek:

RisZero
10-07-2017, 12:23 PM
3 million ? :eek:

Euros. Must have come down to personal terms/preferences if our interest was genuine as thats an insane price for a player who could make himself a first team right back

thomasbroad
10-07-2017, 12:26 PM
They have the lure of Europa League - shame, as he sounded like a prospect.
Next!

French Eagle
10-07-2017, 07:31 PM
He cost Lyon 4 million €s

ebyeeckeagle
12-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Man City have lost Alves to some French team. Thought I was assured only Palace would lose out to such a terrible league and awful place.

knowlesyUCLA
12-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Man City have lost Alves to some French team. Thought I was assured only Palace would lose out to such a terrible league and awful place.

Pretty certain Lyon weren't offering twice as much in salary to Tete as we were, which is what PSG have done.

kabbott
12-07-2017, 09:01 PM

France isn't such a bad place to live in. Even my hero Steve Mandanda has come back to grace the "Ligue" 1.
Will be reporting back regularly with news of how Tete is getting on.
No other football news tonight from the Parc Olympique Lyonnais as Céline Dion is in concert there tonight. :vomit:

ebyeeckeagle
12-07-2017, 09:02 PM
I was joking at some of the rather insular little island posts on earlier pages!

kabbott
12-07-2017, 09:08 PM
I was joking at some of the rather insular little island posts on earlier pages!

You didn't woosh me! :supergrin:
Those posts made me laugh too.
I wonder if Mbappé will go to Arsenal or decide to stay in France/Monaco.